Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 333 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
What does it say when Russia is trailering in their IFV's, not driving them in?

View Quote

That they do not expect opposition and are saving wear and tear on the tracks and engines.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ericoak:

Besides moving anti ballistic missiles into Ukraine would have brought a Russian response.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ericoak:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

I said the same thing yesterday in this thread about how unprepared they are, and one of our resident Ukrainians here layed into me about It; he blamed the west for not helping more

Besides moving anti ballistic missiles into Ukraine would have brought a Russian response.

Well with 20/20 hindsight guess that probably would have been worth it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:

PPS43 is interesting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
More talks of gifts. Maybe the same gifts referenced by Rubio.

PPS43 is interesting.

It would not surprise me if Ukraine has lots of old goodies from WWII sitting about.  They made shit loads of them.  The Soviets and Russians also keep/kept a lot of old, obsolete weapons available for exactly this kind of a scenario, so it would make sense for Kyiv to do so as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

For WHAT?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

For WHAT?

Thats' the Big Guys 10% cut.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

Good news, but not unsurprising.  Their kids all grow up in London, New York, or LA.  

I remain unconvinced that the majority of the Russian population isn’t supportive of the war.  Hopefully I am wrong and I remain open to having my mind changed.
View Quote

It’s about breaking the idea that everyone in Russia should be too scared to speak up that is important in seeing her say this.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]

What’s Poland doing to help? Been at work all day and missed it..
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Krater:

That they do not expect opposition and are saving wear and tear on the tracks and engines.
View All Quotes

*That they do not expect them to drive further than 10 miles without blowing a gasket.

We've seen plenty of abandoned Russian vehicles with no combat damage to show that logistics and maintenance aren't exactly strengths of the Russian armed forces.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Jimmybp:

Right? Never gonna get that unicorn set of sunburst blonde furniture for the 74 now Oh well.. at least its killin' Ivans
View Quote

Used trench art pieces would my choice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#9]

It would not surprise me if Ukraine has lots of old goodies from WWII sitting about.  They made shit loads of them.  The Soviets and Russians also keep/kept a lot of old, obsolete weapons available for exactly this kind of a scenario, so it would make sense for Kyiv to do so as well.
View All Quotes

PPS43 is interesting.

Baby nuke?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Wonder what would happen if right as the rooskies get within shouting distance of the capital, all of a sudden there's a surprise counterattack that surrounds them. NATO's supplied weaponry cuts off the supply lines to the rooskies, terminates their advance, and now they're all hanging out there with nowhere to go. Can't move forward, can't retreat. Surrender is their only option. That would really frost Putin, wouldn't it? Thinking the Ukranians have been all but defeated only to get surprised and have his ass handed to him. It would be a great way of making Russia permanently lower tier.

Probably unlikely but I do have to wonder where all that stuff that's been trucked in from Poland has gone to.
View Quote

It sounds like russia is holding lots of their troops and lots of armor in reserve. Could be to discourage that strategy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Just saw the interview on Fox with the lady fleeing the war. Heart wrenching. She said help us or one day they will come for you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

*That they do not expect them to drive further than 10 miles without blowing a gasket.

We've seen plenty of abandoned Russian vehicles with no combat damage to show that logistics and maintenance aren't exactly strengths of the Russian armed forces.
View All Quotes

This,  scroll through some of the pages and tons of that shit is just "abandoned" in an apparent break down.  In Russia 3 is one and 2 is none.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Is that live stream of the four camera views still up? I lost it and can't find it on YouTube.
View Quote

Live Camera from #Ukraine #Kyiv #Kiev #???? (DAY 19)
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/A376E8F2-E671-4C02-879D-9E377EA258AB_jpe-2293136.JPG

Putin has lost the daughter of his favorite oligarch.
View Quote

Peshkov's daughter also posted an anti-war statement on Instagram and then deleted it.

Goes back to my sanctions plan...you stop Putin by dividing the Russian elite.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

They’re sending convoys of “lethal aid” and allowing refugees.

Their existence means that Russia must leave a portion of their forces opposite Poland in case the winged hussars go full kurwa as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#17]

It’s about breaking the idea that everyone in Russia should be too scared to speak up that is important in seeing her say this.
View All Quotes

Good news, but not unsurprising.  Their kids all grow up in London, New York, or LA.  

I remain unconvinced that the majority of the Russian population isn’t supportive of the war.  Hopefully I am wrong and I remain open to having my mind changed.

Theres a good number that have bought into Putins lies, and a good number that haven't. Who knows exact numbers.

Remember we say those protests, remember the price you can pay for protesting and understand many people feel the same but don't speak up.

I know you know this, just throwing it out there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I believe has been an access point for resupply. And Poland has stated that Ukrainians are free to come in, no passport required... They can even bring their pets.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:50:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jimmybp] [#19]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Used trench art pieces would my choice.
View Quote

True, true,.... @PalmettoStateArmory ....idea...74 furniture with burned in Saint Javelin images
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SFENDER:
Just saw the interview on Fox with the lady fleeing the war. Heart wrenching. She said help us or one day they will come for you.
View Quote

Hate to break it to you but the commies are already here
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Unconfirmed:

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Their existence means that Russia must leave a portion of their forces opposite Poland in case the winged hussars go full kurwa as well.
View All Quotes

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
"In November 2008, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates stated that the F-22 was not relevant in post-Cold War conflicts..."

This was Obama's guy, and stupid like his boss.  If the US had procured near the original target amount, or to the first reduced amount of around 650 or so, the air force could easily establish a no fly zone over Ukraine airspace.  This invasion would have been stopped before it started.
View Quote

Forget that Obama wasn't even the president at the time, these planning and procurement decisions were made long before November 2008.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Ukraine could use some AV-8s to help them out since their airfields are trashed...

Just say'n

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Because they've been fed a load of shit?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Ya watched Red Dawn too many times my friend
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Wonder what would happen if right as the rooskies get within shouting distance of the capital, all of a sudden there's a surprise counterattack that surrounds them. NATO's supplied weaponry cuts off the supply lines to the rooskies, terminates their advance, and now they're all hanging out there with nowhere to go. Can't move forward, can't retreat. Surrender is their only option. That would really frost Putin, wouldn't it? Thinking the Ukranians have been all but defeated only to get surprised and have his ass handed to him. It would be a great way of making Russia permanently lower tier.

Probably unlikely but I do have to wonder where all that stuff that's been trucked in from Poland has gone to.

Ya watched Red Dawn too many times my friend

Hardly. Seems like if the rooskies are having to barter for enough food and fuel to get to their objective, their supply lines would be pretty easy to be cut since they're pretty damn thin (obviously). Still want to know where all that stuff coming in is going.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:52:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WilliamHechler] [#29]
self censored.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

I don't think many people (except for Ukranians) here expected to be still having the conversation this long.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Photographic:
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:
I'm loving the pro Ukraine posts.

But.. this is starting to feel like election night.

I thinking Monday will have everyone talking about a very different outcome.

I think everyone (myself included) is happy that the Ukrainians are doing a fine job of making the invaders lives hell.

The difference between this and election night is that that even if the winds shift and Kyiv falls, her people won’t be giving up. They have weeks, months, even years if need be to be a huge thorn in the side of Russia. This isn’t decided tonight, tomorrow, or even the week after.

I don't think many people (except for Ukranians) here expected to be still having the conversation this long.

I’ve had a glimmer of hope all along. I’ve 2nd hand knowledge of the Ukrainian people instilled in me, granted it’s been in the circles of benevolent types.

A very kind people but also a certain hardness able to survive hard times. I feel like if their country were more “first world tier” they would not have the successes they are now. There are still enough parents and grandparents there that remember the bad old days and have passed that on.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By evilyoda:

It would fuck with Putin while not putting troops in Ukraine while defending Nato airspace. US sensor aircraft AWACs should be feeding Ukrainian data on all russian aircraft in the AO thats airborne or warming up on the airfield.

Those fucks use other countries why not do the same? Biden and Nato are pussies?

Hell if a Nato aircraft shoots down a russian aircraft  just say the Ukrainian ghost got em.
View Quote

It would not surprise me in the least if an english speaking pilot downs a plane or two with a "ghost" plane.
Might actually be something to that "ghost or Kyiv".
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QLaVCbQ5eA
View Quote

Doesn't look like there is a translation in the youtube comments or description unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMejlV1XoAMTCej?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Someone Chipman for some GoPros!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Remember when the Russians lost three brand new Sukhois from the Kuznetsov’s complement in the Med during their Syrian adventure?  Because the arresting system on the flight deck was down and couldn’t be repaired before the jets ran out of gas.  I remember.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By binthere:

Shit, I got a warning here for basically saying the same things about muslims.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By binthere:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Just got a twitter suspension for saying "kill all the Russians in Ukraine and let god sort them out"

Shit, I got a warning here for basically saying the same things about muslims.

#metoo
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I presume this was already posted previously. Not sure whether this helps or hurts Russia. Probably improves combat readiness somewhat.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Part of it is being a big staging point for all the NATO supplies coming into Ukraine. Another is probably the suspension of visas for entering Poland. The ban on males leaving the country is still in place, but as long as a Ukrainian has a passport, Poland is taking them with open arms.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I wondered what a modern nation IED onslaught would look like, guess we are about to see.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

Unfortunately no chance of this happening. I tend to think at least the rough draft of this was hashed out by world "leaders" beforehand. My pessimism is mostly based on the feeling that Ukraine has already been sold down the river. I'd love to be wrong.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

Unfortunately no chance of this happening. I tend to think at least the rough draft of this was hashed out by world "leaders" beforehand. My pessimism is mostly based on the feeling that Ukraine has already been sold down the river. I'd love to be wrong.

Well, our own "leaders" certainly aren't going to do shit. I would think that some of the European countries who see themselves as being the next target might want to nip that in the bud by helping to hand Putin a humiliating defeat. Of course, not getting involved is always the "easy" thing to do now, even if it means you end up in a worse position in the future.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#43]

I’ve had a glimmer of hope all along. I’ve 2nd hand knowledge of the Ukrainian people instilled in me, granted it’s been in the circles of benevolent types.

A very kind people but also a certain hardness able to survive hard times. I feel like if their country were more “first world tier” they would not have the successes they are now. There are still enough parents and grandparents there that remember the bad old days and have passed that on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:
I'm loving the pro Ukraine posts.

But.. this is starting to feel like election night.

I thinking Monday will have everyone talking about a very different outcome.

I think everyone (myself included) is happy that the Ukrainians are doing a fine job of making the invaders lives hell.

The difference between this and election night is that that even if the winds shift and Kyiv falls, her people won’t be giving up. They have weeks, months, even years if need be to be a huge thorn in the side of Russia. This isn’t decided tonight, tomorrow, or even the week after.

Not to mention the seething hatred for russians from anyone who suffered under her boot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Baby nuke?
View All Quotes

PPS43 is interesting.

Baby nuke?

Probably not.  But enough AKs, PPS43s, PPSh41s, SKSs, SVDs, SVTs, RPDs, etc. to keep the party going as long as it needs to.  

Shit, the UPA kept up the fight for a good decade after WWII exclusively with Mosins and Mausers that been left behind in the carnage of the Eastern Front.  And they had no external support and a much smaller amount of territory under their control.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

I wondered what a modern nation IED onslaught would look like, guess we are about to see.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Hire some bored Taliban to teach classes
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RainierV:
I presume this was already posted previously. Not sure whether this helps or hurts Russia. Probably improves combat readiness somewhat.

View Quote

Tough for them to get a combat jack now
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#47]
You know, I have to say, Russian air defenses seem to work pretty damn well, at least when Ukrainians are operating them and shooting at Russian aircraft.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:

Good,hope everyone of those fuckers slowly suffered and are enjoying hell right now
View Quote

Hell of a way to die, in a crashed aircraft rather than in battle. Good for Ukraine.

As a soldier, assholes like you celebrating death like this sound just like those Muslim pricks I've been fighting for the last 19 years. I'm in one of those shitholes now. Africa. Where just the other day 30+ soldiers were found dead with their own cocks stuffed in their mouths with chew marks. They'd been tortured into eating themselves before being killed. By Muslim terrorists. A fair amount of you sound just like these animals that did this. Wishing it on the Russians. They sure as shit aren't the good guys. But by your talk, you sound like the same people I have a deeper hatred for than most of you could understand.  

I'm all for fighting Russia. Hell, I know I'd probably die along with all your precious babies in the process in the event of a full out war. I'll kill those bastards all day long. But you guys make me sick with your talk of torture and wishes of horrible deaths on guys who have little desire to die fighting people they identify with more than I ever did with Muslims in the Middle East. The Germans did horrible things 75 years ago. The Japanese did. The Russians sure as hell did as too. This is a new era. Putin is a sick fuck. Doesn't mean soldiers, even these Russians, enjoy dying for bullshit.

I've killed before. I'll do it again. But I'll damn sure do it dispassionately, efficiently, and not emotionally. I wonder why these days I ever fought at all for this country. I'd prefer to identify with mercs who fight for money and their brothers than anything else. Thats pure. There is no lie about your cause. Righteous or not.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Who_Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPNVm6lNfM
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Who_Me:
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Is that live stream of the four camera views still up? I lost it and can't find it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPNVm6lNfM

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Polandball is ready to roll.

Anyone got that Polandball driving a tank comic handy
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 333 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top