Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 334 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

What's Poland doing to help? Been at work all day and missed it..
View Quote

Accepting refugees.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There’s a lot of “dicks out for Ukraine” going on right now on social media.  

Unfortunately, they need more than updated facebook cover photos.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
"In November 2008, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates stated that the F-22 was not relevant in post-Cold War conflicts..."

This was Obama's guy, and stupid like his boss.  If the US had procured near the original target amount, or to the first reduced amount of around 650 or so, the air force could easily establish a no fly zone over Ukraine airspace.  This invasion would have been stopped before it started.
View Quote

Gates was awesome. The F-22 was his major mistake. You greatly over exaggerate the important of airpower.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Jimmybp:

Or IFF... or someone left their blue tooth dildo on the roof... EITHER WAY... interdasting...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jimmybp:
Russian marks for attack?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/FA2B3500-087B-4AD7-81DB-B8930719C2BD_jpe-2293141.JPG

Or IFF... or someone left their blue tooth dildo on the roof... EITHER WAY... interdasting...

There were posts where UKR forces were asking folks to call asap if they saw target / ir markers put around places.

probably 80 pages back
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The most intense "booming" and flashes so far happening now in Kiev

Russian Invasion Of Ukraine | LIVE | Situation Room | INDB | Russian Military Advancing
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Hardly. Seems like if the rooskies are having to barter for enough food and fuel to get to their objective, their supply lines would be pretty easy to be cut since they're pretty damn thin (obviously). Still want to know where all that stuff coming in is going.
View Quote
They've been "encircling" and bypassing Ukrainian cities in a race to Kyiv. They haven't actually occupied much of anything. It should be pretty easy to hit their supply convoys with an insurgency. A squad of riflemen and molotovs and those transporters go poof.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

Doesn't look like there is a translation in the youtube comments or description unfortunately.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QLaVCbQ5eA

Doesn't look like there is a translation in the youtube comments or description unfortunately.

That seemed awfully one-sided.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#8]
So awesome it needs a dupe

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Payback for Korea would be a Ukrainian American Raptor squadron sneaking in from Poland trashing IL-76s and SU-35s in the dark.
View Quote
Where is Like Button?  I want Like Button.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Is "Kira" Ukrainian for "Karen"?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

View Quote

Words cannot describe how much I loath Russia & basically most of the governments involved right now....
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Lots of impacts on this multistream:

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 7255:

Polandball is ready to roll.

Anyone got that Polandball driving a tank comic handy
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By grambosc:

I got the file.  It's still up at Mega, which the tweet linked to.

https://mega.nz/file/U3JAGRKL#fvwxJOQgODvHTKK37d5vaU3eCi8E3B5atDe1fXu_Zjs

That stuff on the end isn't a tracker ID like Facebook, it's the key to decrypt the file.

@Squatch
View Quote

Mega locked it out too

Violating terms
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wcsv:

It sounds like russia is holding lots of their troops and lots of armor in reserve. Could be to discourage that strategy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wcsv:
Wonder what would happen if right as the rooskies get within shouting distance of the capital, all of a sudden there's a surprise counterattack that surrounds them. NATO's supplied weaponry cuts off the supply lines to the rooskies, terminates their advance, and now they're all hanging out there with nowhere to go. Can't move forward, can't retreat. Surrender is their only option. That would really frost Putin, wouldn't it? Thinking the Ukranians have been all but defeated only to get surprised and have his ass handed to him. It would be a great way of making Russia permanently lower tier.

Probably unlikely but I do have to wonder where all that stuff that's been trucked in from Poland has gone to.

It sounds like russia is holding lots of their troops and lots of armor in reserve. Could be to discourage that strategy.

Could be. Or, they are afraid "NATO" (or maybe one or two countries on their own) is considering intervening and they are keeping those reserves right where they are for that reason. It could also be that since they don't have air superiority nor a certainty of victory, they don't want to commit anything they're not willing to lose. Would suck to know you're expendable if push came to shove.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

It would not surprise me if Ukraine has lots of old goodies from WWII sitting about.  They made shit loads of them.  The Soviets and Russians also keep/kept a lot of old, obsolete weapons available for exactly this kind of a scenario, so it would make sense for Kyiv to do so as well.
View Quote

we knew about this one... what about the others?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/24/protesters-ukraine-weapons-cache-mine
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

There were posts where UKR forces were asking folks to call asap if they saw target / ir markers put around places.

probably 80 pages back
View Quote

Yeah, I saw that, hoping its the dildo, but.....
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By realwar:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/25/17/54659109-10552157-image-a-49_1645811850909.jpg

A young couple joining the territorial defense fighters smile after receiving weapons and ammunition in Kiev, Ukraine, 25 February 2022

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/02/25/17/54659109-10552157-image-a-49_1645811850909.jpg

View Quote

Now there's a photo worth far more than a thousand words.

Which I'm sure is why you posted it twice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
The most intense "booming" and flashes so far happening now in Kiev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezyue6ZiIj8
View Quote

Two views of kiev right now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZebYm-nenY
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GHOS7:
Anyone have a source on the rus navy firing on a Japanese merchant ship?
View Quote

Did you say "Japanese torpedo boat"?

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Remember when the Russians lost three brand new Sukhois from the Kuznetsov’s complement in the Med during their Syrian adventure?  Because the arresting system on the flight deck was down and couldn’t be repaired before the jets ran out of gas.  I remember.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Krater:
What does it say when Russia is trailering in their IFV's, not driving them in?

That they do not expect opposition and are saving wear and tear on the tracks and engines.

*That they do not expect them to drive further than 10 miles without blowing a gasket.

We've seen plenty of abandoned Russian vehicles with no combat damage to show that logistics and maintenance aren't exactly strengths of the Russian armed forces.

Remember when the Russians lost three brand new Sukhois from the Kuznetsov’s complement in the Med during their Syrian adventure?  Because the arresting system on the flight deck was down and couldn’t be repaired before the jets ran out of gas.  I remember.

Nah, I didn't even realize the Russians had an aircraft carrier of even shit quality operational at any point during the 21st century. Guess I shouldn't under estimate their ability to be absolute clown shoes of a nation attempting force projection too much.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Wonder what would happen if right as the rooskies get within shouting distance of the capital, all of a sudden there's a surprise counterattack that surrounds them. NATO's supplied weaponry cuts off the supply lines to the rooskies, terminates their advance, and now they're all hanging out there with nowhere to go. Can't move forward, can't retreat. Surrender is their only option. That would really frost Putin, wouldn't it? Thinking the Ukranians have been all but defeated only to get surprised and have his ass handed to him. It would be a great way of making Russia permanently lower tier.

Probably unlikely but I do have to wonder where all that stuff that's been trucked in from Poland has gone to.
View Quote

If reports are to be believed, the stupid fuckers are already running out of fuel and they’re still “20 miles from the capitol”

They’re having to raid to local 7/11 for diesel and food

I like your style though. Close the door behind them and cut off the supply lines. Trap them between major city defenses and blocks.

“Now you’s can’t leave”
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

You got a warning for advocating murdering over a billion people? The oppression you must be feeling
View Quote

Nah, for saying that I didn't particularly like terrorists who blow shit up for religious purposes. Don't know how you got genocide out of that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By cpermd:

I want to see the ginger beside her.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Ukrainian Karen with an AK. Perfect.

I hope you like 'em heavy. And check out the angry halfling on the end.

Attachment Attached File

Text from the article:
Women and men hold rifles during a military drill for civilians carried out by the Movement of Veterans of Zakarpattia in the village of Siurte in western Ukraine.

I think I'd rather hang with this chick. She looks a little more composed and competent (training in the city of Mariupol).

Attachment Attached File

Slava Ukraini!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#25]

It was stupid when they criticized W.  It was stupid when they criticized BHO.  It was stupid when they criticized DJT.  And it's stupid to criticize former VP Biden for not spending every waking hour in the whitehouse.

A US president (sans dementia) is ALWAYS in contact.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
Biden takes a vacation.

It was stupid when they criticized W.  It was stupid when they criticized BHO.  It was stupid when they criticized DJT.  And it's stupid to criticize former VP Biden for not spending every waking hour in the whitehouse.

A US president (sans dementia) is ALWAYS in contact.

When has he ever been awake in the White House?

I think you need to recheck your premise
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Explosions can be seen on some of the cameras throughout Kyiv. Looks like fighting is getting closer and closer.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

Entirely different animal.

We had to cover 300+ miles, and only lost on average 7-8 soldiers a day. The coalition was in a position to take its time and make sure to minimize losses even though we were outnumbered.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jDrexler:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By NeuroCrim:

Admittedly, I was never in the military and so I can’t comment on what’s going on from an operational standpoint. However, can someone here please explain what the hell is going on? I thought Russia would have (unfortunately) packed UKR’s shit in by now. Are they holding forces back?  Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing UKR fighting back, but it just seems “off” that Putin would put up this kind of embarrassment.

It took the coalition 26 days to take Iraq.

Be patient.

Entirely different animal.

We had to cover 300+ miles, and only lost on average 7-8 soldiers a day. The coalition was in a position to take its time and make sure to minimize losses even though we were outnumbered.

And there was never any question of the outcome.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By binthere:

Hell of a way to die, in a crashed aircraft rather than in battle. Good for Ukraine.

As a soldier, assholes like you celebrating death like this sound just like those Muslim pricks I've been fighting for the last 19 years. I'm in one of those shitholes now. Africa. Where just the other day 30+ soldiers were found dead with their own cocks stuffed in their mouths with chew marks. They'd been tortured into eating themselves before being killed. By Muslim terrorists. A fair amount of you sound just like these animals that did this. Wishing it on the Russians. They sure as shit aren't the good guys. But by your talk, you sound like the same people I have a deeper hatred for than most of you could understand.  

I'm all for fighting Russia. Hell, I know I'd probably die along with all your precious babies in the process in the event of a full out war. I'll kill those bastards all day long. But you guys make me sick with your talk of torture and wishes of horrible deaths on guys who have little desire to die fighting people they identify with more than I ever did with Muslims in the Middle East. The Germans did horrible things 75 years ago. The Japanese did. The Russians sure as hell did as too. This is a new era. Putin is a sick fuck. Doesn't mean soldiers, even these Russians, enjoy dying for bullshit.

I've killed before. I'll do it again. But I'll damn sure do it dispassionately, efficiently, and not emotionally. I wonder why these days I ever fought at all for this country. I'd prefer to identify with mercs who fight for money and their brothers than anything else. Thats pure. There is no lie about your cause. Righteous or not.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By binthere:
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:

Good,hope everyone of those fuckers slowly suffered and are enjoying hell right now

Hell of a way to die, in a crashed aircraft rather than in battle. Good for Ukraine.

As a soldier, assholes like you celebrating death like this sound just like those Muslim pricks I've been fighting for the last 19 years. I'm in one of those shitholes now. Africa. Where just the other day 30+ soldiers were found dead with their own cocks stuffed in their mouths with chew marks. They'd been tortured into eating themselves before being killed. By Muslim terrorists. A fair amount of you sound just like these animals that did this. Wishing it on the Russians. They sure as shit aren't the good guys. But by your talk, you sound like the same people I have a deeper hatred for than most of you could understand.  

I'm all for fighting Russia. Hell, I know I'd probably die along with all your precious babies in the process in the event of a full out war. I'll kill those bastards all day long. But you guys make me sick with your talk of torture and wishes of horrible deaths on guys who have little desire to die fighting people they identify with more than I ever did with Muslims in the Middle East. The Germans did horrible things 75 years ago. The Japanese did. The Russians sure as hell did as too. This is a new era. Putin is a sick fuck. Doesn't mean soldiers, even these Russians, enjoy dying for bullshit.

I've killed before. I'll do it again. But I'll damn sure do it dispassionately, efficiently, and not emotionally. I wonder why these days I ever fought at all for this country. I'd prefer to identify with mercs who fight for money and their brothers than anything else. Thats pure. There is no lie about your cause. Righteous or not.

Lol wut?? . Not sure what all that was trying to explain but okie doke.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I guess I should balance a little of my Ukrainian optimism with some hard reality:

1. Multiple Ukrainian airbases have been hit with missiles or other air attacks this evening.

2. Additional missile strikes are ongoing.

5. Rob Lee is skeptical of some of the Intel Rubio has been posting.

6. Russia is continuing to destroy Ukrainian infrastructure including military supply areas, civilian power plants, and equipment.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View Quote

I mean there have been weirdos fantasizing about torturing prisoners, cutting off fingers with shears, all sorts of weird creepy shit in this thread. So I kind of get his post.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#33]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/UkraineArmedCivilians_01_jpg-2293157.JPG

Text from the article:

I think I'd rather hang with this chick. She looks a little more composed and competent (training in the city of Mariupol).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/UkraineArmedCivilians_02_jpg-2293160.JPG

Slava Ukraini!
View All Quotes

Ukrainian Karen with an AK. Perfect.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/UkraineArmedCivilians_01_jpg-2293157.JPG

Text from the article:
Women and men hold rifles during a military drill for civilians carried out by the Movement of Veterans of Zakarpattia in the village of Siurte in western Ukraine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/UkraineArmedCivilians_02_jpg-2293160.JPG

Slava Ukraini!

I don't trust many people who close an eye while they shoot.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Those rocket barrages seem TERRIFYING. I hope they don't start using that thermobaric one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#37]

It would not surprise me if Ukraine has lots of old goodies from WWII sitting about.  They made shit loads of them.  The Soviets and Russians also keep/kept a lot of old, obsolete weapons available for exactly this kind of a scenario, so it would make sense for Kyiv to do so as well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
More talks of gifts. Maybe the same gifts referenced by Rubio.

PPS43 is interesting.

At this point I’ll say that I wish all the Mosins sitting around in US homes (mine included) were in the hands of a Ukrainian citizen along with 2-440 spam cans.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CS223:
So awesome it needs a dupe

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMdwYvwWUAQygl6?format=jpg&name=small
View All Quotes

Don't have the words.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:10:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jacon] [#40]
Originally Posted By RainierV:
I guess I should balance a little of my Ukrainian optimism with some hard reality:

1. Multiple Ukrainian airbases have been hit with missiles or other air attacks this evening.

2. Additional missile strikes are ongoing.

5. Rob Lee is skeptical of some of the Intel Rubio has been posting.

6. Russia is continuing to destroy Ukrainian infrastructure including military supply areas, civilian power plants, and equipment.
View Quote

Yeah, people need to temper their enthusiasm and remember that Putin has 150,000 troops and he can wait out Ukraine just as easy.

My guess is that Putin splits the country in half when this is all said and done.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JustinHEMI04:

Accepting refugees.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JustinHEMI04:

What's Poland doing to help? Been at work all day and missed it..

Accepting refugees.

And letting resupply through.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RainierV:

*SNIP*
View Quote

To piggyback...

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#43]
If I was in a country like Ukraine and was being invaded by a superior force, I would choose a place or two as a Stronghold. Make it as defensible as possible. A place like the capitol city and two or three others. Then, I would let the enemy pass, draw them in close, and keep my infrastructure on the outskirts in tact. Stand them up at the gates of the fortified cities. Then, once they were stalled, I would send in small fire and maneuver teams from behind. Constantly. While they send a team out to chase one that hit, another would hit somewhere else. Day in and day out. Hopefully, there is some strategy to such little resistance from the populous in much of the country.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#45]
A thread from someone who knows things

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View Quote

Never mind. I guess when I hear people cheering for torturing soldiers, or their dying a horrible death, no matter what side their on, it bothers me. My bad. Blame the politicians.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Jackal-FnM:

Well Putin looks at them as throw away so...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jackal-FnM:
Originally Posted By JSteensen:
That's what I mean. Its not a trash incinerator. Its a crematorium.

Well Putin looks at them as throw away so...

Excellent new
Icon. (Pic)
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
"In November 2008, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates stated that the F-22 was not relevant in post-Cold War conflicts..."

This was Obama's guy, and stupid like his boss.  If the US had procured near the original target amount, or to the first reduced amount of around 650 or so, the air force could easily establish a no fly zone over Ukraine airspace.  This invasion would have been stopped before it started.
View Quote

Were we going to sell them to Ukraine . . .?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

Proof that there's no free lunch. The girl, the krink, and the cat box are a package deal....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:
Originally Posted By sefus:

Oh sure, she gets a krinkov, but when I want one, nooooooo

Proof that there's no free lunch. The girl, the krink, and the cat box are a package deal....

If her cat is anything like one of mine, you throw that demon spawn in an armored vehicle and I'll gar-un-damn-tee you no-one is getting out of that vehicle alive.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 334 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top