Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3376 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Occupied Zolote, strike on Russian power system.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

After this fiasco, Germany deserves to lose much of its export market in terms of weapons, and all of Eastern Europe should get Abrams after sending their Leopards to Ukraine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Oh come on, just do the right thing guys.

After this fiasco, Germany deserves to lose much of its export market in terms of weapons, and all of Eastern Europe should get Abrams after sending their Leopards to Ukraine.

Blocking or delaying western tanks to Ukraine AND making Germany weaker serves Russian interests...

Certainly looks like a good number of Germany's leaders are compromised.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Can someone in the know give an update on what the winter conditions are doing, to both sides?

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Video in tweet.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Video in tweet.

View Quote

If you can't access it

You don't really control it

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Think about? Seriously? What in the actual fuck is going on? 2 weeks? Why do they need 2 weeks? What are they actually doing while they tell us they are "thinking about"?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Think about? Seriously? What in the actual fuck is going on? 2 weeks? Why do they need 2 weeks? What are they actually doing while they tell us they are "thinking about"?

They don’t want to.

They want cheap Russian gas for social programs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Those are the before photos.

Now lets see the after photos
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Oleh Valovyi was sitting with his wife at their kitchen table when the russian missile hit their home in Dnipro. russia is a terrorist state Photo Lynsey Addario, NY Times
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By torstin:

If you could magically send half of Baltimore or Memphis to fight for Ukraine, would you do so?
View Quote

Sure...both populations have extensive firearms training already.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CMOS:

Like Trump here in the USA . . . . .

CMOS
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

https://i.postimg.cc/wjFtBWfC/Fn-Lt-Qe-LXECoxw-H6.jpg

Oleh Valovyi was sitting with his wife at their kitchen table when the russian missile hit their home in Dnipro. russia is a terrorist state Photo Lynsey Addario, NY Times
View Quote

So many lives changed in these past 11 months. I am starting to see more people with crutches, canes, lost limbs. I really think of the kids that grow up in this mess.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]

So you're going to see about 100 Leopard 2's to Ukraine, and perhaps the same or more numbers of M1's.  That gives the Ukrainian general the 200+ Western tanks and additional infantry fighting vehicles to make offensive gains in the Spring.
View Quote
I disagree by Spring...I think at soonest we would see these make an effect on the battlefield would be late summer/fall. Spring is going to be here fast. They drug their feet so much, it may be next spring.

I hope I'm wrong.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Very interesting article in Der Spiegel. Interview with a polsih political expert and think-tank member of the European Council on Foreign Relations. It's behind a paywall, so you can look at it here if you read German: https://archive.is/r1yDZ . Unfortunately, that won't work with Google Translate so I hope you guys appreciate me translating it on the fly and typing all of this up.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Very interesting article in Der Spiegel. Interview with a polsih political expert and think-tank member of the European Council on Foreign Relations. It's behind a paywall, so you can look at it here if you read German: https://archive.is/r1yDZ . Unfortunately, that won't work with Google Translate so I hope you guys appreciate me translating it on the fly and typing all of this up.

The loss of reputation is catastrophic

Berlin's hesitation in delivering Leopard outrages the Eastern Europeans, says political expert Piotr Buras. Many are asking if the Germans areserious about their support for Ukraine - or if doing business with Moscow is more important.

SPIEGEL: The polish government is disappointed in Germany, because they still haven't decided if they will deliver Leopard tanks. Has Polen understood why Germany is being so hesitant?

Buras: The polish public - and not just them - is confused but also outraged at the Germans (Note Zhukov: He specifically says Germans - not German government). How controversial the internal debate is that there is also German criticism does not get through. Olaf Scholz represents the Germans. And he actually never really explained his arguments.

SPIEGEL: What is Poland suspecting?

Buras: Many in Warsaw believe that Berlin doesn't believe that Ukraine can still accomplish much in this war. And that's why, from the Germans' point of view, it's not worth getting involved there. Some even suspect that the Germans wish for Ukraine to lose.

SPIEGEL: Why should they?

Buras: There is fear that the Germans hope to quickly return to doing business with Russia. They forget that Berlin is one of the most important arms suppliers to Ukraine. But their zig-zagging, this reluctance, has been observed again and again since the beginning of the war. The Germans don't act, they only react when international pressure is overwhelming. People here believe that their commitment is really serious. The loss of reputation as a result is catastrophic. Ramstein's decision not to supply tanks is seen as a blockade.

SPIEGEL: The Poles have doubts that the promised  turning point  is really coming?

Buras: Olaf Scholz's speech was received with enthusiasm. And I believe that Germany has also come a long way in recent months when it comes to taking a critical look at Russia, for example. The turning point - not the one promised by Scholz, but the real one in the world - goes deeper. Much more is expected of Germany. But the country somehow always lags behind.

SPIEGEL: The German government does not show a unified front. Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock has signaled that Berlin would approve Leopard exports from countries like Poland. Can Berlin actually still say no to their own deliveries?

Buras: I believe and hope that it is only a matter of time before Germany agrees on the Leopard issue. The long hesitation has set the political price for a no even higher. Defense Minister Boris Pistorius has given a test order for the Leos, Ukrainians are probably already being trained on the device. I can't imagine that the government could now seriously come to the decision that it actually doesn't want to supply tanks. That could no longer be conveyed to anyone among the international partners.

Interesting, thanks for writing that up.

The reputation hit really is huge.  It will have ramifications for years.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
Germany really is pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Commie reporter should hop down in that hole and get us a picture of what the inside looks like.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:59:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#17]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I disagree by Spring...I think at soonest we would see these make an effect on the battlefield would be late summer/fall. Spring is going to be here fast. They drug their feet so much, it may be next spring.

I hope I'm wrong.

View All Quotes

So you're going to see about 100 Leopard 2's to Ukraine, and perhaps the same or more numbers of M1's.  That gives the Ukrainian general the 200+ Western tanks and additional infantry fighting vehicles to make offensive gains in the Spring.

I hope I'm wrong.

The only reason I think it's earlier is because the West already had the intel months ago that Russia wasn't going to back down and that they had massive conscription campaigns for new offensives this year.

There is evidence that some training programs for Ukrainians were started in July for various NATO weapons systems.

You can start training tank crews with book work and simulators, they don't always have to be in the vehicles.  If the West put some thought into this training it won't take as long if they figured out a program that helped people get up to speed on these systems.   An IRIS-T and NASAMS surface to air missile system is far more complex to operate than an M1 and M2 Bradley, and the former have been used for months in ukraine.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#19]
This is allegedly a HIMARS strike, may end up being that officer collection point reported earlier.

ETA- There's a tweet claiming that this is Luhansk, officers were claimed (by Ukrainians) to be in Kherson.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to play devil's advocate here simply by wondering if Geramy's slowness to respond is actually an OPSEC diversion. Training may be already ongoing for Ukrainian soldiers on their Leopards, transportation to the front lines of lots of tanks is always a security concern.

My criticism of how NATO, including the US, is how open we have been about what we are doing and when we are doing it. Russia doesn't need any spies, we voluntarily surrender our logistics plans online and in the press.

I may be wrong, but I believe Germany will send tanks, maybe a significant number of them.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:11:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#21]

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

So many lives changed in these past 11 months. I am starting to see more people with crutches, canes, lost limbs. I really think of the kids that grow up in this mess.
View All Quotes

So many of the country's best are fighting to defend her from the orcs, and getting killed.  Meanwhile the orcs they are having to grind up are worth a dime a dozen, and the DirleWagner convicts among those aren't even worth that to their motherland.  

Every day that the requested lethal aid has been delayed has cost more good lives.  I wish their allies would quit screwing around and just do the needful.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

LMAO
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
I'm going to play devil's advocate here simply by wondering if Geramy's slowness to respond is actually an OPSEC diversion. Training may be already ongoing for Ukrainian soldiers on their Leopards, transportation to the front lines of lots of tanks is always a security concern.

My criticism of how NATO, including the US, is how open we have been about what we are doing and when we are doing it. Russia doesn't need any spies, we voluntarily surrender our logistics plans online and in the press.

I may be wrong, but I believe Germany will send tanks, maybe a significant number of them.

View Quote

I think it’s because Germany really doesn’t have any serviceable tanks and they lied about how many they could actually give.

Money meant to maintain them diverted to gender studies or welfare.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Yikes. Nobody made it out of this one unscathed.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By kncook:

I think it’s because Germany really doesn’t have any serviceable tanks and they lied about how many they could actually give.

Money meant to maintain them diverted to gender studies or welfare.
View Quote

That would be my guess as well.
Plus how many refugees did those cunts take in?
Yeah just like the demorats in this country.
Santa clause my hard earned taxes to some shit head to buy their votes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

My heart aches over what is happening in Ukraine.

Easterner I hope images like this don't cause you too much pain but I think the human face of what the orcs are doing in Ukraine needs to be frequently shown. Even in threads mainly focused on tactics, equipment and battlefield gains.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:34:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#30]
I heard from a source on the news yesterday: That the German Leopard tank is smaller, faster and a better battle tank for the Ukrainians; than the gas-guzzling M1 Abrams --- Even though the Abrams is outfitted with more tactical weaponry.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#31]

The only reason I think it's earlier is because the West already had the intel months ago that Russia wasn't going to back down and that they had massive conscription campaigns for new offensives this year.

There is evidence that some training programs for Ukrainians were started in July for various NATO weapons systems.

You can start training tank crews with book work and simulators, they don't always have to be in the vehicles.  If the West put some thought into this training it won't take as long if they figured out a program that helped people get up to speed on these systems.   An IRIS-T and NASAMS surface to air missile system is far more complex to operate than an M1 and M2 Bradley, and the former have been used for months in ukraine.
View Quote
I hope you are right
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Easterner I hope images like this don't cause you too much pain but I think the human face of what the orcs are doing in Ukraine needs to be frequently shown. Even in threads mainly focused on tactics, equipment and battlefield gains.
View All Quotes

It definitely needs to be shown and shared. It's too easy to forget about when no one talks about it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Germany is stonewalling for two reason - the East Germans in the government sympathize with Russia and the decision makers have been bought off by the Russians.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Yikes. Nobody made it out of this one unscathed.

View Quote
Damn...that's violent
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I hope you are right
View All Quotes

I hope you are right

I feel confident about my statements, but also feel free to send me that crow to eat if I prove to be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Rolling in now.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Someone earlier requested weather conditions for Ukraine.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
Germany is stonewalling for two reason - the East Germans in the government sympathize with Russia and the decision makers have been bought off by the Russians.
View Quote

I agree to disagree...on the basis that some people in the German leadership, are a bit hesitant to send the Leopard 2 tanks; because they still feel responsible for their imperialistic attack on Russia during World War 2.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Rolling in now.

View Quote

RTL news reported the same some minutes ago.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Rolling in now.

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/krieg-in-der-ukraine-deutschland-schickt-leopard-panzer-a-e2dde871-88d0-4cf5-8aae-482d58fd850f
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Agree. I think MBT's was already a done deal as I said before that there are probably bigger plans in the works then are being let on for this summer. The West isn't going to let this simmer forever it is costly for them and they will have their stocks depleted. There has been a lot of R&D and feeling out what works as well as a ton of intel gathered. If we haven't been able to digest all of it and put efforts towards strategies, tactics and weapons that will be decisive when we shift to the offensive I will be really surprised. Obviously there are issues as we are in a proxy war and can't send our already trained troops but we will find a way. Last year was a test run. This summer maybe the real deal pushing Russia to the border and shutting off access to Crimea.  Then its game over.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Someone earlier requested weather conditions for Ukraine.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnPY6_BX0AADpB9?format=png&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnPY8dsXEAEHHaS?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnPddp9agAoIiCz?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote
From my small sample size in UA, I thought that spring came around sooner than here in Ohio. There might not be a deep freeze coming this winter, at least enough to allow tanks to roll off road.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Allegedly Germany will send the 2A6 version.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#48]

Remember when Russians were convinced they were fighting NATO?  Their heads are going to explode when they see M1's and Leopard 2 on the frontlines.

Meh, he'll find out the M1's are coming too.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Russians on TG trying to say that the tanks are in exchange for resignations/firings in the Ukrainian administration.

So that's coming.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Poland and friends send the big cats without German approval.

What happens then? If abandoning German MiC what’s it matter?
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3376 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top