Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3401 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

That is a relatively small number of loses than what I would have expected.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Good summary of the M777 artillery since its use in Ukraine.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FngTC6MXEAQpp50?format=jpg&name=900x900

That is a relatively small number of loses than what I would have expected.

It's been a while since the numbers were posted but there was a stretch where the russians were lobbing an incomprehensible number of artillery shells.  If you did the math of shells by artillery pieces it immediately became obvious the orcs were shooting their barrels out.

It's highly likely the russian counter battery fire can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

"Tucker Carlson sucks Putin's little dick".
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By easttxshooter:
Seems like you could come up with a motorized chassis which could mount a normally towed howitzer. It could be a drone, several cannon operated by a command vehicle. Of course said chassis could also mount SAMs and AA guns, mortars, etc.

Would be a discount way to turn a towed howitzer into a diet SPG.
View Quote

They have done that on a tracked chassis. maybe somebody will post the video.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I am far from a aviation expert, and I am ALL for giving Ukraine aircraft that will HELP them. I am curious on if the F16 would be that much of a game changer vs Ukraine Mig 29s and trying to supply them with MORE Mig 29s/parts/weapons, maybe upgraded avionics weapon systems.

In a NATO/USA controlled air space, then why not sure, probably would be a solid asset. If Ukraine is going to utilize the F16 as a dog fighter primarily with the current resources they have, then I dont know if it would be a game changer. If they are utilized in a ground attack fighter-bomber, then I would tend to think that would be the best purpose for that platform as of right now. Russia does not seem to dip into Ukranian air space too often, how much dog fighting is actually going on.

So what about A10s? I know a lot of people really fear Russian anti-air capability, but honestly after what they have shown so far, not really. I am not saying you wont have losses. But if the pilots are trained well, and they work within the limitations of that platform, I cannot fathom why some A10s couldnt just chew the living dog shit out of Russian positions.

A SME on aviation could step in for sure. When I look at the F16 in my amateur viewpoint, I see an excellent 4th gen dog fighter, that can be deployed as a strike aircraft vs say larger static targets? Where himars and atacms could do the same? BVR engagements? F15 would then possibly be a better choice. Dog fighting yes the f16, but like I said before, how often is that going on.

I am shooting from the hip here but I am thinking lets give them more Patriots and other air defense systems, and give them 1 or 2 air platforms that will give them a substantial leg up, if that IS the F16, then rock out with your cock out and get it done. My point is until we see NATO and or Ukraine run SEAD and starting launching f35s and F22s into Russian airspace to down their bombers and missile trucks, we need to send them things that can destroy incoming cruise or ballistic missiles, destroy their logistics, and wreck their ground forces. On a side note if the f16 is in the cards regardless to be their next mainline fighter, then by all means lets get them in the trainer seat 9 months ago *cough* now, and get it going.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

I barely got to use my pvs at all near the front from fear of this. Felt like it was waisted money sort of. Did the night training etc but a lot of guys got killed, Russians especially, many of them trained but the eye ring is a giveaway especially on certain vehicles with good night vision and high magnification.  For a driver and such is another matter. Very useful to use while driving blacked out. Yeah I know don’t turn your head towards enemy at angle but shit where is the enemy. In a lot of areas you have no idea, this house that house that patch of bushes? Stuff blows up you flinch hit dirt run.

We lost one friend to this as a drone or large he projectile hit his vehicle while driving at night. I don’t know if he was using IR flashlights or anything but I don’t think so because we bought his googles (not in USA). He had that and a krikov plate carrier and old flashlight for tires etc. I’m not sure if nvgs played a role or not but it happened soon after we gave them to him. I thought being a driver, the reward was worth the risk. Might not have had anything to do with it but I feel like it did from how quickly it happened. Like third trip to front with supplies after getting them. He went every day.  

They have a place for sure and I’d never say they don’t but mainly in areas like 2, -1, -2 I would say. Thermals are another good with fewer downsides but have issues as well. If in the back of a room not moving looking out great.

One lesson learned by some the hard way. I was lucky in that I was with guys that knew this. I could have got my brain pateed.
View Quote

I was so fortunate and spoiled running IR on many of missions. It was ultra rare the bad guys had anything that could expose us in that way. We ran IR anytime we cleared structures at night. When we worked with SEAL team 3 in Mosul 2005, they ran white lights. Crash, bang, thud. Whole fucking neighborhood would wake up. WTF are they doing? But yeah this war is a whole different bag of dicks, and anytime you got a bad guy who can track you and spot you with any tech device that says hey look me, its not a good day. IR is some cool high speed shit, but at the end of the day its a tool, and regardless of what ninja delta force movie you are watching, some shit works, and some shit can get you killed. Dont worry about being cool, worry about what works and keeps you a live.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By zx2man:
I am far from a aviation expert, and I am ALL for giving Ukraine aircraft that will HELP them. I am curious on if the F16 would be that much of a game changer vs Ukraine Mig 29s and trying to supply them with MORE Mig 29s/parts/weapons, maybe upgraded avionics weapon systems.

In a NATO/USA controlled air space, then why not sure, probably would be a solid asset. If Ukraine is going to utilize the F16 as a dog fighter primarily with the current resources they have, then I dont know if it would be a game changer. If they are utilized in a ground attack fighter-bomber, then I would tend to think that would be the best purpose for that platform as of right now. Russia does not seem to dip into Ukranian air space too often, how much dog fighting is actually going on.

So what about A10s? I know a lot of people really fear Russian anti-air capability, but honestly after what they have shown so far, not really. I am not saying you wont have losses. But if the pilots are trained well, and they work within the limitations of that platform, I cannot fathom why some A10s couldnt just chew the living dog shit out of Russian positions.

A SME on aviation could step in for sure. When I look at the F16 in my amateur viewpoint, I see an excellent 4th gen dog fighter, that can be deployed as a strike aircraft vs say larger static targets? Where himars and atacms could do the same? BVR engagements? F15 would then possibly be a better choice. Dog fighting yes the f16, but like I said before, how often is that going on.

I am shooting from the hip here but I am thinking lets give them more Patriots and other air defense systems, and give them 1 or 2 air platforms that will give them a substantial leg up, if that IS the F16, then rock out with your cock out and get it done. My point is until we see NATO and or Ukraine run SEAD and starting launching f35s and F22s into Russian airspace to down their bombers and missile trucks, we need to send them things that can destroy incoming cruise or ballistic missiles, destroy their logistics, and wreck their ground forces. On a side note if the f16 is in the cards regardless to be their next mainline fighter, then by all means lets get them in the trainer seat 9 months ago *cough* now, and get it going.

View Quote

I think we should send a dozen F-35As too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:42:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flogger23m] [#10]

View Quote

Unless they get 400-500 F-16s they won't be doing much bombing and they won't win an air war. I think their main use would be for SEAD, which probably would allow for better drone coverage. I also assume Russian SAMs can also target and hit the loitering munitions that Ukraine is getting. So knocking out Russian air defenses can be helpful. A secondary role would help with cruise missile interception. Adding a threat from the air may make Russia more hesitant to sound out their own attack planes.

But I don't see bombing or CAS being common. I think that will continue to come from artillery and loitering munitions. That will be Ukraine's primary way to hit targets at distance with armor/infantry taking ground.

But taking out MANPADS would be impossible. Too many of them and that is probably the biggest threat to drones.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes, mostly modified PG-7VS to be exact, and $300 per drone.

View Quote

Those in the picture do NOT appear to be RPG-7 rockets. Looks more like one of the rounds fired from a BMP-1 or similar.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

The ‘ultimate frog boil’ scenario presumes that the US combined with a host of coalition partners had then, or even has now, a unified voice and the ability to act decisively and forcefully without extensive consultation.  Coalition diplomacy and warfare has historically not operated that way - even in extremis in such times as 1915 and 1940-1942.  I believe the “UFB” thesis is over-stated vs. the more mundane reality that, simply, this is how it has always been done, and will be done, when things are done through multiple sovereign democracies.

Take two examples, one within living memory for most, and one right now. The first would be to - if you can - recall the insane amount of diplomatic haggling and back-and-forth negotiations prior to the Gulf War in order to build the coalition to oust Hussein from Kuwait.  It may have slipped the mind of most by now, but that equally clear-cut aggression was not met quickly with unanimity of purpose and action. In fact, same said disunity led to decades more instability and more and costlier war.  Another example is Germany in real-time.  Scholz receives heaps of scorn, but is in fact reflecting pacifist views coupled with gross moral indifference in the German people - and which also pertains to the US to a degree.  If you think the West COULD have made a sweeping response in the early days - no.  It was not possible and it’s not possible no to build the political will to do what you proposed.  It is also HIGHLY questionable that if said UFB was at work - it would be chosen. A massive, fast response would have been better while Russia was off-guard, unprepared, and unable to take time to exert more control on its population and radicalize them with propaganda.  The UFB way in fact be a very BAD idea.

Lastly, the presumption that nuclear threats = willingness to follow through or use them is not accurate.  Russia is well aware of the consequences of nuclear first-use. First-use in a ‘luxury’ war and not a defensive one would be the end of Russia, and this is known.  It is also arguable whether that use would even work - and Russian planners know that.  The US could move two of its ABCTs into Ukraine now and there would be no nuclear response.

I would argue against the “UFB” thesis succinctly with this: which is more likely - A) There has been a grand orchestrated plan by five major powers for over a year to bring about the ultimate frog boil, or B) The same five major players - US, UK, Fr, Ger, Pol - are all muddling along trying to figure out how to deal with the unexpected.  The UFB thesis doesn’t fit with the way politics, people, and coalition warfare works.  Alternatively, it may be said in hindsight that the UFB was a by-product.  Wars have their own logic and this is likely just a case of that.  Hitler did not invade Poland in 1939 with the plan of fighting in the Libyan desert 15 months later.  The US didn’t invade Iraq in 2003 with the idea of fighting a Sunni insurgency for almost a decade more.  Sometimes there’s no great conspiracy - it’s just uncertainty playing out.
View Quote

Excellent analysis. And dont forget the Xiden offer to Zelensky for a ride out, thus encouraging abdicating and allowing Russia to have Ukraine. That contradicts the brilliant and genius frogboil plot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:12:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#13]

View Quote

The F-16 is miles ahead of the MiG-29 in terms of BVR capabilities. Ukrainian MiG-29 fighters simply can't compete with Russian Flankers because they only have semi-active R27 radar guided missiles and less capable radars. Think of it as an old AIM-7 Sparrow. The Russians have the R77, which is an active missile that functions more like our AIM-120 AMRAAM. It outranges the R27. And unlike the R27, it doesn't require the firing aircraft to continuously keep the nose (radar) pointed toward the target to illuminate it for the missile. An active missile is a huge advantage, since the shooter can fire and then maneuver to gain better offensive or defensive angles.

Everything from the F-16AM (MLU that puts it into roughly Block 40 category in terms of capabilities) on up are vastly better than any MiG-29 Ukraine possesses or might be able to obtain from Slovakia, Bulgaria or Poland. It has a much better radar allowing it to detect and track targets at greater range. And the AIM-120C is much more competitive against the R77. The AIM-120D out sticks and outclasses the R77. The MiG-29 is at a severe disadvantage against modern Flankers. It really isn't even competitive. It is a sitting duck. But an AMRAAM toting F-16 would be a much more difficult opponent for the Flankers, as some Indian Su-30 drivers found out a few years ago when they encountered some Pakistani F-16s. Though neither side scored any confirmed kills in the engagement, the Pakistani F-16s and their AMRAAM missiles (neither of which are the most current versions) controlled the initiative during the entire engagement and kept the Indian Flankers completely defensive.

The F-16 is also vastly better at attacking ground targets. It can carry and employ pretty much everything in the inventory, which includes lots of precision munitions with stand-off capability. It can carry HARM to take out enemy radars and air defense systems. It can carry Mavericks to take out tanks and armored vehicles. It can carry JDAMs and various laser guided bombs. It can employ the JASSM cruise missile which can strike targets hundreds of miles away. It can carry and release the SDB which can glide many miles to strike its target. There are even wing kits to extend the range of JDAMs. Powered JDAMs are being developed. The Israelis also have the SPICE kits, which turns standard dumb bombs into stand-off, precision attack weapons.

The F-16 will give the Ukrainians the ability to do things in the air to air and air to ground realms that they presently can only dream about. When combined with timely intelligence from nearby friendly NATO elements (satellite, AWACS, P-8, Global Hawk, RC-135, etc.) to help them see the big picture better, it will give Ukraine the decisive edge they need in air combat. And keep in mind that the F-16 is only about the 5th or 6th most capable fighter overall we have presently in service, behind the F-22, F-35, F-15C, F-15E/X and the F-18E/F. I think it says a lot when our 6th best platform can stand toe to toe with and probably be more effective than the very best fighter Russia has in operational service.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#14]
@Easterner
Thanks, buddy
Very generous pack of stuff.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Take the gloves off and give them F-35As. Like taking the cap off a bottle of whiskey and throwing it away. Go full on ape shit on Russia.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By fixin2:
Take the gloves off and give them F-35As. Like taking the cap off a bottle of whiskey and throwing it away. Go full on ape shit on Russia.
View Quote
That's a bit much but I'll send them ATACMS and F16's by the hundreds.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#18]

It's a set of 16 tweets to read through, but he is saying the US already had the procedures for such things.  The Russian Lancet kamikaze drones are stopped by metal mesh netting though and US procedures should consider it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Squatch:
Good summary of the M777 artillery since its use in Ukraine.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FngTC6MXEAQpp50?format=jpg&name=900x900

What's the "innovation" in the first tweet?  The use of camo netting?  That's how we supported ROTC summer camp shoots, but I sure as shit wouldn't want to stay too long in a fixed emplacement where the risk of counterbattery is high.

It's a set of 16 tweets to read through, but he is saying the US already had the procedures for such things.  The Russian Lancet kamikaze drones are stopped by metal mesh netting though and US procedures should consider it.

The twitter pics I saw were chain link fencing erected along with the camo netting.

Along that same note, I remember seeing pics many decades ago of my beloved M113's in Vietnam with chain link fencing around their positions to catch RPG's. I don't know how well they actually worked against RPG's but that's what the captions said it was for.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you @charging handle/Flogger23 for you’re input.
Did not realize the F16 was that much better vs the later Gen Russian fighters. Not surprising however.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#20]
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-soldiers-bring-weapons-home-185926967.html

So, you release prisoners to fight your war, then you are surprised when they break your laws?  
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By craig19:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-soldiers-bring-weapons-home-185926967.html

So, you release prisoners to fight your war, then you are surprised when they break your laws?  
View Quote

STOP THE PRESSES! Some actual evidence of Ukraine War weapons on the black market!

Too bad they're Russia's.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank you @charging handle/Flogger23 for you’re input.
Did not realize the F16 was that much better vs the later Gen Russian fighters. Not surprising however.
View Quote

Yes, that helps.  I didn’t realize the MiG-29 was that far behind in radar tech.  So assuming they get F-16s with a modern AESA unit, it really changes things for them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Yes, that helps.  I didn’t realize the MiG-29 was that far behind in radar tech.  So assuming they get F-16s with a modern AESA unit, it really changes things for them.
View Quote

I highly, HIGHLY doubt that our FMS will allow AESA radar-equipped Vipers to be sent to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:21:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#25]

Late daytime incendiary use on UA positions
https://t.me/vorposte/34262
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry for running a bit behind in the thread, but EasTexan pretty much nailed it with this one!!

Originally Posted By EasTexan:
Give ‘em a few dozen A-10s at this point.

I want to see an A-10 score a Russian kill in Eastern Europe. All I’m asking for is one.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#27]
These petty bitches.

New regions of Russia will switch to Moscow time
Gradual synchronization of Russian legislation continues after the admission of 4 new subjects to its composition. In the near future, the DPR, LPR, Zaporozhye and Kherson regions will become part of the 2nd time zone, where Moscow time operates. The draft federal law “On Amendments to Article 5 of Federal Law No. 107-FZ “On the Calculation of Time” has already been submitted to the Government.

Https://t.me/minpromtorg_ru

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#28]
So, we've seen reworked Tupolev Tu-141's work as ad hoc cruise missiles.

Maybe we should give the Ukrainians our QF-16's first and let them fill them with explosives.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By johnh57:

I know Lockheed Martin is spooling up production, but has anyone in the us.gov specifically told Ukraine they are getting them? Or is it just that they have said if they want to purchase f16's thats fine?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By johnh57:
This happened faster than I anticipated.

Post from the Ukrainian govt was simply this:

I know Lockheed Martin is spooling up production, but has anyone in the us.gov specifically told Ukraine they are getting them? Or is it just that they have said if they want to purchase f16's thats fine?

Maybe it’s like Field of Dreams.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Wings2Wheels:

I highly, HIGHLY doubt that our FMS will allow AESA radar-equipped Vipers to be sent to Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wings2Wheels:

Yes, that helps.  I didn't realize the MiG-29 was that far behind in radar tech.  So assuming they get F-16s with a modern AESA unit, it really changes things for them.

I believe Kuwait and Qatar gets AESA, so UA can too
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
As the page turns to 3400. My wife, from Ukraine. So actually on topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_He26D7UM0w
View Quote

Not guilty!
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
For page 3400, let's try this new avatar on for size...
View Quote

I dig it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MadWoz:

Sorry for running a bit behind in the thread, but EasTexan pretty much nailed it with this one!!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MadWoz:

Originally Posted By EasTexan:
Give ‘em a few dozen A-10s at this point.

I want to see an A-10 score a Russian kill in Eastern Europe. All I’m asking for is one.

I think giving the Ukrainians a bunch of A-10s would be a great swan song for the platform. Finally let it do what it was designed to do, hunt and kill Russian armor in Europe.

Sure, there’d be losses, but it would be way more capable than the Su-25s the Ukrainians are currently flying for CAS.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
That last guy took a round in the back
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
That last guy took a round in the back

Man that may be one of the clearest rifle hits I’ve seen.  Not the only one but one of the more obvious ones.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Just picture your the BAE sales rep at sales expo Abu Dhabi and crown prince Mustafa bin Ali Jin Jolli Salifi is shopping for 200 new toys. Russians give hookers and T14s at 5 mill a pop, it’s ok vehicle but blow job was great. The marketing video was B- but it’s blowing up abrams so must be ok. The BAE guy is like come hear dude, I got clearance to show you these videos. Actually Drone footage of USA tanks crewed by bearded grandads plowing fields of sunflowers, poping T90s, crushing terminators, moving down fleeing VDV, oh wait there’s more roll after roll and general next to prince Mustafa bin Ali Jin Jolli Salifi elbows prince deal is signed BAE goes and opens new line. Then crown prince Mustafa bin Ali Jin Jolli Salifi brags to his cousin, Mustafa bin Ali Sin Jolli about new contract for 200 tanks and cousin tells his uncle, King of minor Abdullah that MBASJ just got 200 of the best tanks, so he has to go buy 250 so MBASJ doesn’t have more than him. Then great uncle…….

I hate Russia for what they have done and I want to see them go home and live in their own piece of the pie.  They do not need 1 inch of Ukraine for them to live peaceful, prosperous, lives.  Like many on here, my life has been glued to this thread for damn near a year.  Some days have joy, other days have sorrow.  Madness and helpless, every emotion in between as well.  I was trained in the 80's military and now that I am too old to fight it hurts.  I'm sure that my daughter doesn't understand the emotions I have everyday while reading the updates on here regarding this vicious conflict.  The post above made my weekend!  It's great to see and read some humor in this thread.. Well done sir!
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Last image from a Switchblade drone going into a Russian trench.

https://preview.redd.it/qr00rjchgmea1.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=6cb462d974f6d4565d6405aede2a4c8e60c823c1
View Quote

We’ve seen a reasonable number of S300 videos, and maybe I’m wrong, but it strikes me that they just don’t have enough umph,  They’re basically a 40mm HE equivalent, but maybe a 60mm or even 80mm mortar equivalent would be a better choice in a similar package.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Makarov migraine?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
Originally Posted By DPeacher:
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:

Do you mean to tell me there was another smoking accident from a window on the 30th floor???

Makarov migraine?

It’s a nothing burger.  He was a SF/GRU dude, probably retired, but that’s not clear.  Here’s his obituary:
https://berdsk-online.ru/news/proisshestviya/ne-stalo-legendarnogo-kombriga-berdskoy-brigady-specnaza-leonida-polyakova
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#42]
A tough post to follow, but here’s a good one:

New debate on Russian state TV: Which new economic model to follow - Cuba, North Korea, or Iran?  Seriously:

View Quote

So in a nutshell they’re proposing illegal alcohol, tobacco, cybercrime, and smuggling as their future economic model.  That has to be a show writer poking fun at their own situation.  Has to be.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:36:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#43]
Originally Posted By Capta:

We've seen a reasonable number of S300 videos, and maybe I'm wrong, but it strikes me that they just don't have enough umph,  They're basically a 40mm HE equivalent, but maybe a 60mm or even 80mm mortar equivalent would be a better choice in a similar package.  
View Quote

yea. They aren't very impressive. I am thinking they weren't really designed for what they are being used for now.  More of an assassination weapon to be used against non armored targets during counter terror missions. If someone is armored with a decent helmet its going to block a lot of the shot. Lets hope the 400 is in the works.

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:42:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

Russian su27/30/35s will give it trouble, but it beats the hell out of old mig 29s. A lot depends on what block they send and how many of our classified goodies make it aboard.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonKey153:
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Damn.  The F-16 is one sleek beautiful aircraft.

For a fourth generation pure dog fighter does the F-16 take a back seat to anything?  I would love to see it swat everything russia currently has from the sky and after the smoke clears park F35's in Ukraine just to say don't even think about doing this again.

Russian su27/30/35s will give it trouble, but it beats the hell out of old mig 29s. A lot depends on what block they send and how many of our classified goodies make it aboard.

There probably won’t be a single WVR engagement.  By the time Ukraine gets their jets, Patriot will make Ukraine a very unhealthy place to be for SUs.  A few very long range shots from both sides may happen but that’s all I’d expect.
The F-16’s role will be carrying all our goodies.  HARM to its full potential and whatever PGMs we supply.  They never need to get close enough to the front line to be shot at by MANPADS.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#45]

We’ve seen a reasonable number of S300 videos, and maybe I’m wrong, but it strikes me that they just don’t have enough umph,  They’re basically a 40mm HE equivalent, but maybe a 60mm or even 80mm mortar equivalent would be a better choice in a similar package.  
View All Quotes

https://preview.redd.it/qr00rjchgmea1.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=6cb462d974f6d4565d6405aede2a4c8e60c823c1

Something like a Switchblade 600 ?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

yea. They aren't very impressive. I am thinking they weren't really designed for what they are being used for now.  More of an assassination weapon to be used against non armored targets during counter terror missions. If someone is armored with a decent helmet its going to block a lot of the shot. Lets hope the 400 is in the works.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theskuh:

We've seen a reasonable number of S300 videos, and maybe I'm wrong, but it strikes me that they just don't have enough umph,  They're basically a 40mm HE equivalent, but maybe a 60mm or even 80mm mortar equivalent would be a better choice in a similar package.  

A few months back, an international legion guy on Reddit posted that they're making good use of the switchblades for targeting ATGM teams, machine gun teams, etc. at longer distances. They might be somewhat underwhelming in some cases, but I think they've torn up a lot of Russians.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:08:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 2A373:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2A373:

S600 has a Javelin warhead, a 19-pound shaped charge.
A 60mm mortar has a roughly 4-pound frag bomb, and an 80mm roughly 8 pounds.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Not guilty!
View All Quotes

Not guilty!

That must have been IN Ukraine?  Because I’m almost certain “Electric Slide” is illegal in all 50 states by now.  ;)

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:58:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#49]

That must have been IN Ukraine?  Because I’m almost certain “Electric Slide” is illegal in all 50 states by now.  ;)

View All Quotes

Not guilty!

Lol a more innocent time!

I can’t help but think about being in a bar in Germany in 2005 with folks rocking out to Beat It
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:05:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#50]
Ukrainian soldier smokes two Russians in their foxhole.  Said to have been Vuhledar.  NSFW!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/10n345w/lone_ukrainian_soldier_clears_a_russian_foxhole/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Interesting legal ramifications for the post-war.  European Court of Human Rights ready to rule the 2014 war as an invasion/occupation rather than a separatist movement/civil war.  Would make Russia legally liable for events there.  Ukraine source:

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/01/28/media-must-abandon-pseudo-objectivity-following-echr-ruling-of-russian-control-over-donbas/

Another energy price cap on the way from the EU:

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-to-suggest-100-a-barrel-price-cap-on-russian-diesel/

“Head Nazi Jew” places candle at Holocaust memorial during ceremony:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/10mv6tu/president_zelensky_never_again_to_hatred_never/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Short-barreled T-62 variant seen in Ukraine:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/10mt7d6/while_ukraine_gets_leopards_abrams_and_challenger/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Said to be Russian dead in Soledar:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/10mkb7l/russian_garbage_scattered_all_over_soledar/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3401 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top