Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3439 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Dude, please let it be an amphibious operation.

View Quote

Not even the Russians are insane enough to try an opposed beach landing now.

Probably.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Probably.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Probably.

I'd like to see some Harpoons hit a ship loaded with 200-300 soldiers.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:15:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Very interesting and scary.

This seems a very effective and practical way to get people to fight, whom otherwise had no desire or inclination. Russia has always written the textbook on getting their population to fight and die en mas. As many of us suspected, they will throw enough bodies at a "problem", figure out what works best, and make progress.

I hope Russia runs out of idiots who have so little to live for, OR the UA gets enough overwhelming firepower to neutralize it.

View All Quotes

Full read here:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1621095382771175426.html

Very interesting and scary.

This seems a very effective and practical way to get people to fight, whom otherwise had no desire or inclination. Russia has always written the textbook on getting their population to fight and die en mas. As many of us suspected, they will throw enough bodies at a "problem", figure out what works best, and make progress.

I hope Russia runs out of idiots who have so little to live for, OR the UA gets enough overwhelming firepower to neutralize it.

It’s not even so much that the Wagners (the prison troops) have so little to live for.
It’s that the Russians have a simple and very clear method for ensuring obedience.  Do this or we kill you. If you succeed you might live.  They’re ruthless, brutal, and have been doing this for 700 years or so.
That doesn’t mean they can’t be beaten.  Far from it.  But the West needs to re-learn the WILL required to do so.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:16:49 AM EDT
[#4]
lol, you aren't able to push anyone back now in any meaningful way.

View Quote

OK, no one tell Lavrov we have weapons with a range greater than 150KM.  Got it?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Probably.
View All Quotes

Probably.

Yeah, I mean that's a dicey move even if you had pulled off all the things you intended to pull off in 2022.  That would be a very challenging task for the U.S. to execute.  And the Russians are completely exposed on planning, etc.  About all that would solve is getting rid of a lot of potential dissidents before they realize they are dissidents.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:21:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

This is your Ukrainian counterpart @biggrumpybear!!

Don’t mess with ‘Grumpy-he’ll getcha
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"I'm 71, but I won't go home until we drive out this evil spirit" - a mortarman of the "Santa" unit | Uhman

"A volunteer of the "Santa" unit under the pseudonym "Grandfather" has been in the war for 6 years. He worked as an engineer all his life. When he retired, he did not want to stay at home. In 2016, he decided to go to war. What happened next, see in the interview."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIm1kqmKyQs

This is your Ukrainian counterpart @biggrumpybear!!

Don’t mess with ‘Grumpy-he’ll getcha

Oh I'd fit right in there. Santa indeed!

Several years ago I was walking through Lowes and this little girl, about 5 or 6 started pointing at me saying Momma! Momma! LOOK! it's Santa!

The mom looked at me and said You're right dear, he does look like Santa!

My wife thought that was way funnier than I did!

It sucks getting old!
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:31:37 AM EDT
[#7]
"According to some sources, part of the 20 M113 armored personnel carriers delivered from Spain to Ukraine will be converted into self-propelled mortars.

The Spanish army is armed with M113 armored personnel carriers, converted into a version with a Spanish-made ECIA L65/120 120-mm mortar. Also, a mortar of the second caliber or model can be installed inside the machine."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-02_08-20-22__2__jpg-2694874.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-02_08-20-22_jpg-2694876.JPG
View Quote

Heck yeah.  Ive been thinking this would be a great use of M113s.  The 120 has enough range to keep them away from most threats, and they can bug out in seconds.  A unit of 4 of these could throw some serious hate downrange.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:34:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

From what I've heard, Russian EW is actually very good. That might play a role in suppressing Ukrainian ISR assets.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Ukrainian artillery near Soledar

"Ukrainian artillery near Soledar is trying to hold back the Russian military, including fighters from the private military campaign Wagner, who are advancing on this section of the front. The situation here is getting more complicated for the Ukrainian defense forces every day. The main roads to the town of Bakhmut are already being shelled by enemy artillery, which has also intensified its activity in the last week. Ukrainian artillery is working mainly to accumulate manpower, preventing Wagner's forces from occupying key villages so that they can get closer to the main roads leading to Bakhmut. If they succeed, access to the city for the defense forces will be more difficult, as well as supply.
Hromadske visited the positions of rocket artillery of one of the tank brigades. The unit has been working in the Donetsk sector for a month now, having moved here after the liberation of the right bank of the Kherson region, having previously defended its native Kryvbas from the enemy's offensive.
Now the tank's hails are helping the infantry of their own brigade, which is holding positions near Soledar to prevent Russians from reaching the main roads to Bakhmut.
The artillerymen are saving shells for hailstones, so they have to hit the target. Although this is not the main task of the grenade launchers. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4IZxQghp3s

I am interested in why they aren't able to suppress the artillery a bit better. I would think by now ISR assets would be strongly in place and they should have the ability and reach but maybe there are just too many tubes. Or there is a deliberate rope a dope going on right now.

From what I've heard, Russian EW is actually very good. That might play a role in suppressing Ukrainian ISR assets.

My thoughts too.  They can probably focus enough EW on a front of their choosing to make it impossible for drones to penetrate beyond the front.  Therefore spotting arty would be almost impossible.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:41:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Thing is, both the Ukrainians and the rooskies are using DJI (and other) consumer drones. So, the rooskies can't EW the Ukrainian drones without EW-ing their own.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:

"Ukrainian artillery near Soledar is trying to hold back the Russian military, including fighters from the private military campaign Wagner, who are advancing on this section of the front. The situation here is getting more complicated for the Ukrainian defense forces every day. The main roads to the town of Bakhmut are already being shelled by enemy artillery, which has also intensified its activity in the last week. Ukrainian artillery is working mainly to accumulate manpower, preventing Wagner's forces from occupying key villages so that they can get closer to the main roads leading to Bakhmut. If they succeed, access to the city for the defense forces will be more difficult, as well as supply.
Hromadske visited the positions of rocket artillery of one of the tank brigades. The unit has been working in the Donetsk sector for a month now, having moved here after the liberation of the right bank of the Kherson region, having previously defended its native Kryvbas from the enemy's offensive.
Now the tank's hails are helping the infantry of their own brigade, which is holding positions near Soledar to prevent Russians from reaching the main roads to Bakhmut.
The artillerymen are saving shells for hailstones, so they have to hit the target. Although this is not the main task of the grenade launchers. "

I am interested in why they aren't able to suppress the artillery a bit better. I would think by now ISR assets would be strongly in place and they should have the ability and reach but maybe there are just too many tubes. Or there is a deliberate rope a dope going on right now.

Thing is, both the Ukrainians and the rooskies are using DJI (and other) consumer drones. So, the rooskies can't EW the Ukrainian drones without EW-ing their own.

That’s true but Russians are using their expendable infantry to “recon by death” for their arty in the rear.  They don’t care if they lose the almost the whole unit if they take the position and attrit Ukrainians.  The reverse is not true.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:47:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Im borderline about to check out of GD too. The comment made about my wife is 100% out of line, pure filth, and still standing after reporting and im's to mod and SS asking for explanation.

If it stays unaddressed, idk if I can overlook that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

Man I hate this.  

Stay safe my friend. I want nothing but peace for you and for life to get back to normal.
Im borderline about to check out of GD too. The comment made about my wife is 100% out of line, pure filth, and still standing after reporting and im's to mod and SS asking for explanation.

Jesus H. tap dancing Christ! I take some time to go to the docs because my hearts acting up and I come back to this shit!

To be honest Trap, I don't know if I can overlook it.

First it was GF, now Eastener and now this shit about you and D.

This God Damned well better be addressed and publicly because I'm absolutely sick and tired of being sick and tired of this type of shit.

Those of us who care need this thread as it is days ahead of and far more insightful than the fucking MSM and I'd hate to have to say FUCK IT and not come back. I know my 24 dollars don't mean shit from shinola but I don't need this shit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:03:34 AM EDT
[#11]
It's GD, suck it up or leave.  The whole point of freedom means you fight to hear shit you don't want to hear.  I'm no fan of the Russian view; but let's not weaponize the CoC to run out people who disagree with whatever you think; because that's still a useful source of information.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:11:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Anyone else not having success with nitter.net anymore?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
Ukrainian tank after a hard battle

Anyone else not having success with nitter.net anymore?

Hit or miss.  Sometimes if I leave the “tweet not found” window open and come back later, it works.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:14:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

If they're using open sights, more like
a miracle.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I don't know what happened as I was busy. I do want him to return.

He usually only checked in every 3-5 days or so, he’s not really off his usual cycle.

Tank sniper.

That’s a looooooong range shot!

a miracle.

It’s a dedicated AT gun, so it would have a telescopic sight.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Yeah so i need to take super extended break from here. Sorry to slide it. Don't respond. Just take note.

I'm seeing the shit show for what it is with this place. If we have a disagreement over someone trashing this information thread we get fussed at. "Hit that report button". Yeah right. Immediately after the last incident i noticed a MOD started laying down the law like "So you want moderation?" LOL

Tonight i see Trap's woman talked about in a nasty way. I have also had the same types of comments and reported with not a care in the world by mods. Posters still running their traps, keeping their accounts, COC isn't for the worthy trolls, literally copying and pasting straight propaganda. ( Pro-tip: These clown's are easily found searching their copypastas ) ).

Pretty surprised the literal Russian propaganda is allowed to flourish on this site, considering the source. Not talking about disagreements of opinion here. Our enemy is definitely among us and posting freely. Yeah i could just shut my pie hole and go quietly, but wanted to say bye to the group. I won't be lurking, but living without the nonsense I read everyday. If you hear of them finding a dead American with a Cola Warrior T-shirt, that's probably me. Hopefully i don't die in a pile of rubble. I would much rather go out making good commies.

Logging out, thanks for the company guys.
View Quote

I know it must be disappointing and infuriating to see what some Americans (to say nothing of the non-Americans) are willing to believe and say.  For some it’s mental illness, for others it’s political fantasies driven by hatred and rage.
You’re in the shit right now so I can understand not wanting to add to your stress.  But leaving is also, in a way, handing the W to people like we just recently saw in the thread, whose goal is not to discuss but to poison.
Take a break if you must but I hope you’ll reconsider.  The rest of us aren’t going anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:53:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
Pretty sure this (and constant repetitions like it) was the offending post

I know arfcom used to be pretty low tolerance for attacking members' family.   I hope it still is.   I'm not sure anymore, tho.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By foxinnc:

Lol.  I guess whatever it takes to get your mail order Slavs cunt wet.

I know arfcom used to be pretty low tolerance for attacking members' family.   I hope it still is.   I'm not sure anymore, tho.

Tell me this poster was permabanned.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Here’s the thing with that-

One of the best things that happens in this thread is when someone from 2006 with 500 posts pops in with some insightful comment and says they’ve been reading from the beginning. That happens a lot.

If the truth is out there, it’s gonna attract a lot of hate. Most of the disagreements in here seem like veiled attempts to derail the thread. That’s when you know you have something good.

Damn the torpedoes, I say.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SkiShooter:
I have had it with the trolls and the non-stop GD bs.  Any thoughts on moving the thread to Team or finding another venue where the conversations can continue?

One of the best things that happens in this thread is when someone from 2006 with 500 posts pops in with some insightful comment and says they’ve been reading from the beginning. That happens a lot.

If the truth is out there, it’s gonna attract a lot of hate. Most of the disagreements in here seem like veiled attempts to derail the thread. That’s when you know you have something good.

Yep.  I get that some don’t need the stress.  But the bottom line is you’ve got to grow thick skin, rock ribs, and stay professional at the same time to get the truth out there and defend it.
Some people will never be reachable.  But I believe we have reached some others, or at least cracked the door open so they’ll start looking into things for themselves.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Jesus H. tap dancing Christ! I take some time to go to the docs because my hearts acting up and I come back to this shit!

This God Damned well better be addressed and publicly because I'm absolutely sick and tired of being sick and tired of this type of shit.

Those of us who care need this thread as it is days ahead of and far more insightful than the fucking MSM and I'd hate to have to say FUCK IT and not come back. I know my 24 dollars don't mean shit from shinola but I don't need this shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Man I hate this.  

Stay safe my friend. I want nothing but peace for you and for life to get back to normal.

This is where im at, Im waiting to see what is going to be done with that guy.  But im with you its not worth this shit anymore.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Same here.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Yeah so i need to take super extended break from here. Sorry to slide it. Don't respond. Just take note.

I'm seeing the shit show for what it is with this place. If we have a disagreement over someone trashing this information thread we get fussed at. "Hit that report button". Yeah right. Immediately after the last incident i noticed a MOD started laying down the law like "So you want moderation?" LOL

Tonight i see Trap's woman talked about in a nasty way. I have also had the same types of comments and reported with not a care in the world by mods. Posters still running their traps, keeping their accounts, COC isn't for the worthy trolls, literally copying and pasting straight propaganda. ( Pro-tip: These clown's are easily found searching their copypastas ) ).

Pretty surprised the literal Russian propaganda is allowed to flourish on this site, considering the source. Not talking about disagreements of opinion here. Our enemy is definitely among us and posting freely. Yeah i could just shut my pie hole and go quietly, but wanted to say bye to the group. I won't be lurking, but living without the nonsense I read everyday. If you hear of them finding a dead American with a Cola Warrior T-shirt, that's probably me. Hopefully i don't die in a pile of rubble. I would much rather go out making good commies.

Logging out, thanks for the company guys.

Man I hate this.  

Same here.  

Same.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Yep.  I get that some don’t need the stress.  But the bottom line is you’ve got to grow thick skin, rock ribs, and stay professional at the same time to get the truth out there and defend it.
Some people will never be reachable.  But I believe we have reached some others, or at least cracked the door open so they’ll start looking into things for themselves.
View All Quotes
I have had it with the trolls and the non-stop GD bs.  Any thoughts on moving the thread to Team or finding another venue where the conversations can continue?

Agreed.  Ignore the noise.  Don’t give into the assholes.  Getting ticked off and leaving is what they want.  This thread has been and continues to be of immense value and eye opening for many.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#23]

My thoughts too.  They can probably focus enough EW on a front of their choosing to make it impossible for drones to penetrate beyond the front.  Therefore spotting arty would be almost impossible.
View All Quotes

As long as we are willing to share ISR sat info we can mitigate that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#24]
What’s this… a package from Karhkiv?

Attachment Attached File

And what’s inside..

The Emperor of Mankind!

Attachment Attached File

If you are a war game nerd into 40k or LOTR like me…  get something cool from Ukraine’s Black Legion Market.
https://blacklegionmarket.co/
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:12:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#25]

View All Quotes

Man I hate this.  

I missed that when it happened man, but its an outrageous situation and totally unacceptable by any standards.
What’s happened to this place?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:28:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#26]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

I wish we could move this to team. It's been an amazing thread with tons of information! Each day of this war is documented here since day one of this conflict. And damn sure don't want it locked, if that happened it would be the end of my time here also.
View Quote

Same feeling, but trepidation on locking it behind the paywall.  Perhaps we could simply have a few of the responsible posters in this thread be made mods just for this thread.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Since being attacked multiple times, I've learned to just tune it out and carry on.

I ignore the noise snd carry on.

I've certainly lost good friends but they werent friends to begin with when they are regurgitating bullshit and hearsays.

My donations and sending of critical supplies have made a difference.

Fuck the rest and fuck the Orcs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Oh for a second grenade there.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#29]

It’s not even so much that the Wagners (the prison troops) have so little to live for.
It’s that the Russians have a simple and very clear method for ensuring obedience.  Do this or we kill you. If you succeed you might live.  They’re ruthless, brutal, and have been doing this for 700 years or so.
That doesn’t mean they can’t be beaten.  Far from it.  But the West needs to re-learn the WILL required to do so.
View Quote

I agree.
Motivating troops and especially conscripts to fight effectively is an intriguing subject. Especially when talking about fighting to the death.

Nationalism (Nazi Germany), feudal military code (Imperial Japan), religious ferver/brainwashing (ISIS, etc) have all been effective. But the Russians seem expert at using brutality and force to get their conscripts to fight, and fight effectively (relatively). I was personally skeptical it can be done but they are doing it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#30]

I missed that when it happened man, but its an outrageous situation and totally unacceptable by any standards.
What's happened to this place?
View All Quotes

Man I hate this.  

What's happened to this place?
Looks like it was addressed finally.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Propaganda and media influence comes in many forms.  Browbeating posters with differing opinions with the intent to run them off is an effective means of shaping the narrative.  About a week ago there seemed to be a little burst of this activity and now two valuable posters, valuable in my opinion, are no longer active.

Don't take every post or poster at face value--oftentimes there's a purpose behind them that goes beyond the specific content.

Stay safe Easterner.  God bless you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't know how the report system works but I imagine any reports for a post go into a queue. The mods probably have reports 24/7 here, so they go through the queue, but no guarantee on timeliness. The mods can be overloaded but they do their job. If a post is truly in need of immediate moderating, IM or @ing mods I think would be the best choice.

That particular post was pretty clearly way over the line - even posters on the other side of the debate said so.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

This. Wtf.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I don't know what happened as I was busy. I do want him to return.

He usually only checked in every 3-5 days or so, he’s not really off his usual cycle.

Tank sniper.

That’s a looooooong range shot!

a miracle.

ta
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

This. Wtf.
View Quote
Even if he is the damage it done.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
It's GD, suck it up or leave.  The whole point of freedom means you fight to hear shit you don't want to hear.  I'm no fan of the Russian view; but let's not weaponize the CoC to run out people who disagree with whatever you think; because that's still a useful source of information.
View Quote

Nasty personal attacks against a person’s spouse are not ever OK.  Not in GD, not anywhere.  Saying something in person like that guy typed into his keyboard should and would get your ass whipped.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:

Agreed.  Ignore the noise.  Don’t give into the assholes.  Getting ticked off and leaving is what they want.  This thread has been and continues to be of immense value and eye opening for many.
View Quote

^^^^THIS^^^^
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#38]

I agree.
Motivating troops and especially conscripts to fight effectively is an intriguing subject. Especially when talking about fighting to the death.

Nationalism (Nazi Germany), feudal military code (Imperial Japan), religious ferver/brainwashing (ISIS, etc) have all been effective. But the Russians seem expert at using brutality and force to get their conscripts to fight, and fight effectively (relatively). I was personally skeptical it can be done but they are doing it.
View Quote

So are we saying that all the RUS needs now is some crank and more prisoners?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Of course, if they are “rotating and radiating”, then you know where they are. Perhaps a swarm of semi-autonomous drones that are designed to home in on whatever is interfering with their control signal could be developed. Of course, “Homing Anti Radiation Drones” makes for an unfortunate acronym……
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Good, the prime motivation of that piece is to kick the can a little bit down the road so that hopefully it’s someone else’s problem.
First, the idea that “what they have now” is “limited gains” is false.  Russia currently owns a good chunk of Ukraine’s industrial land, mineral wealth, most or all of the new oil/gas reserves under the Donbas and the offshore waters of Sea of Azov and Crimea.  They have a land bridge to Crimea.  These things practically cripple Ukraine as a nation, and if Putin has to spend 500,000 dead to get them, he doesn’t care.  It’s worth it to him.
Second, as people have already noted, the author assumes that if Russia is defeated and driven out they will attack again, but if Russia gets to keep what they have they won’t attack again.  There is absolutely zero indication this is true and every indication that Putin, or whoever controls Russia, will attack again as soon as they can.  Russia is an evil empire and will behave as such until their power is smashed.
View Quote

and attack he will, not necessarily Ukraine. Russia's armed forces need to be bled for the good of the world. We should have instituted sanctions when Putin attacked Georgia, maybe earlier.

The real difference now is we have excellent ground, air and sea lines of resupply. Turkey would have balked at becoming a battle ground on their eastern most edge of their nation. IMO the west has to accept a zero tolerance policy against any nation who wages war on any neighbor with an eye to territorial gains.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:

View Quote

GD has always been a "rowdy biker bar" type atmosphere. It's better to sit in the corner and just observe sometimes rather than taking an active role.
I also think that this thread has been a target of "official" trolls in an attempt to derail it. Lots and LOTS of info is being shared and I believe a lot of people are being informed about this conflict and the folks fighting and thus lots of Russian propaganda efforts are being derailed and neutralized, making this thread a target for subversion.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#42]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/EAE6CE72-7298-439D-AA4C-9BB7213EA5B3_jpe-2695969.JPG

And what’s inside..

The Emperor of Mankind!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/71B86E18-F076-4DA7-B330-B06CC3C692B9_jpe-2695970.JPG

If you are a war game nerd into 40k or LOTR like me…  get something cool from Ukraine’s Black Legion Market.
View Quote

My wife has been ordering little handmade glass figurines from Ukraine. I was surprised when she said she wants to "help Ukraine". Maybe she was making fun of me and my obsession with news about the conflict...
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:00:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#43]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/EAE6CE72-7298-439D-AA4C-9BB7213EA5B3_jpe-2695969.JPG

And what’s inside..

The Emperor of Mankind!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/71B86E18-F076-4DA7-B330-B06CC3C692B9_jpe-2695970.JPG

View Quote

Did it get shelled on the way out of Ukraine or is it supposed to be broken?

ETA- and are you getting ready to eat it?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Pantsir on the roof of the Ministry of Defense in Moscow. Green against the background of roofing material, asphalt and snow is an interesting choice of camo netting.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#45]

Not alot of bs goes on in team, much more respect in the threads there and no Bullshit is allowed
View Quote

That should pretty much be the standard in GD as well.  People should value truth above all else and mouth breathing trolls degrade the value for everyone.  Either act like a grown man or GTFO.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

So are we saying that all the RUS needs now is some crank and more prisoners?
View Quote

Apparently Russia has cracked the code of using throw away people effectively in a WWI level war of attrition. Given enough men, they can/are making some progress.

The only way to really neutralize it is though overwhelming firepower. UA needs more.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By blueballs:

That should pretty much be the standard in GD as well.  People should value truth above all else and mouth breathing trolls degrade the value for everyone.  Either act like a grown man or GTFO.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blueballs:

Not alot of bs goes on in team, much more respect in the threads there and no Bullshit is allowed

100 percent. Trolls have all but ruined this place for me. Half the shit that goes on now was never even allowed for one second 10 years ago.  This place was freaking amazing then. It was something to behold, now I cannot even recognize that part of arfcom anymore.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:24:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#48]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

I'm no fan of the Russian view; but let's not weaponize the CoC to run out people who disagree with whatever you think
; because that's still a useful source of information.
View Quote

I hope you don't think that's what it's about. Personal insults up to a point are one thing, ok sure, suck it up. But derogatory insulting sexual comments about members wife's have NEVER been allowed here. That deserves standing up too. What was said was way past a different POV debate. Even posters on the other side of the debate saw that. Either we have a blindly enforced CoC, or we don't. It's the same complaint conservatives have about the justice system.

I have tried to debate the opposing POV consistently and with respect, cause I believe our position is strategically and morally superior, and we don't need edgy and insulting comments. I have been able to respectfully debate members such as R0N and Navydoc where we very much disagree, but keep respect. Even defended them getting labeled Putin Puffers hoping that the other side would see supporting UA isn't supporting Biden/WEF.

That said, the offending post was removed and CoC violation issued. Guns762 IM'ed me and apologized it took so long to address. Based on the posters past derogatory sexual comments, plus this personal attack about a members wife, a permaban could have been justified IMO. Mods saw it differently, but as long as it's not an issue going forward, I will consider this matter closed. Edit: Guns762 told me he was "banned".

After sleeping on it, the tech and team forums, plus this thread make ARF too much of an asset to punch out permanently. If it wasn't for this place, I never would have met my wife. That's not an embellishment. Because of donations from this place, I have been able to forward thousands of dollars of gear to front line soldiers. This place is still an asset, and I hope it stays that way. However, this situation was a good reminder I need to spend less time debating internet morons, and more time with my beautiful wife who is caring my first child.

Back to regular scheduled programming
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

That sucks. But I can't blame you.
View Quote

Some of us, through nearly a year of exploring and "sharing" this conflict (and all the up and down emotions that have come with it) with each other have become friends and have shared things about ourselves that we never would in GD, or anyplace on the internet. But we forget that everything we share is open to everyone else. So when some borderline personality suffering asshole (or actual RU troll) pops in to fire off some insults, it hurts. It's like we are old friends and have been out sharing stories over dinner when some asshole who has been dropping eaves pops over and calls one of our wives a "cunt" or some such BS. And we cant all jump up and kick his ass.

This thread is the closest thing to a social life that I have so I hope you guys stick around despite it all...
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I agree with Prime here.   I was dissapointed when the original thread went to the .mil forum, which unfortunately removed a lot of people from participating.

I would not want to have this moved to a more secure thread for members only because there's a lot of lurkers that read this, and some of them are really good and talented people that sometimes chime in with great info and perspectives.  Plus, they use this info to inform others outside of this thread what's going on over there, we don't get to directly see the effects of that information exchange though.

Truth has a way of surviving, so if there is lies and false info, let it die over time as more truth comes out about a situation.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3439 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top