Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3447 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By klinc:

That was great. "Tank hit and electronics/turret failed. We bailed and ran but left it in reverese. Got back in it when it got back to us crawlers and drive back to base."
View Quote
Yeah that was funny. Possibly saved the tank that way.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Erno86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aNYPipsqOI
View Quote
Its roomier than a Russian tank.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
Pantsir on the roof of the Ministry of Defense in Moscow. Green against the background of roofing material, asphalt and snow is an interesting choice of camo netting.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/234577/net_JPG-2696045.JPG
View Quote
Yep I don't see it.  Can someone circle the area of interest
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Noticed this too, it's good to see, keeps the Russians afraid of counterbattery.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

I've definitely seen an uptick in Russian artillery pieces getting hit lately.

Noticed this too, it's good to see, keeps the Russians afraid of counterbattery.
They've been getting a lot of CB radar systems.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:12:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#6]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

God bless those medics.  Those wounds are aweful.
View Quote

if anyone is interested from a medical standpoint a definitive 400 pg book on war surgery is this:

https://www.amazon.com/War-Surgery-Afghanistan-Iraq-2003-2007/dp/0981822800

not for the feint of heart

the care of combat casualties within the US military was already very good.  it was refined to near perfection during GWOT.  countless soldiers survived wounds that would have been fatal to earlier generations.

i hope the Ukrainian soldiers get similar care
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
I think they can put those launchers in the beds of trucks.
View All Quotes

It should be explained that the US didn't need this system, so no testing was done with use of HIMARS and M270 launchers.  The US will provide the necessary launchers for the system though.

This both frees up HIMARS to focus on other tasks, and allows the new launchers to focus on the more longer range fires.

The vehicles could be more disguised and less distinguishable compared to a HIMARS unit as well.

I think they can put those launchers in the beds of trucks.

Your correct, I think it would be hard for the Russians to find them.  A modified garbage truck could probably launch these.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:14:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#8]

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Yep I don't see it.  Can someone circle the area of interest
View Quote

I understand why the US abandoned the "rods from god" program. But I would love the messaged it would send if "something" just fell from space and hit that thing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#11]

I count 13 stacks of 10.  Drone production is certainly in full swing!

I think they should dub these drones, "Orcrist" the goblin cleaver.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CletusRoundbelly:
I love this thread.

I read it in the morning while having coffee.

I read it at lunch at work.

I read it in the evening after I get home.

Have since page 1.

Its a fucking shame that a few shit-throwing monkees managed to run off a few of our best sources of inside news because hey got their little feelings hurt over some words.

Just my .02
View Quote

Is that you, Dr. Seuss?  Haha, I kid, I kid.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoIqAEZXgAUlBDK?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

Riiiiiiiiiight...

They have the ability to do so much more because a year in to a war that they claim is for their national survival the russians have actually been holding back all this time.

Hope the orcs in Crimea are packing their bags because as soon as the GLSDB's arrive their precious little bridge is toast.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Zelensky-"No one will surrender Bakhmut. We will fight for as long as we can. We see Bakhmut as our fortress... "

Why? What is so great about Bakhmut that it is worth fighting to the death? I understand it's political value to russia. The only value I see to Ukraine is to prevent russia from having a PR victory.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Zelensky-"No one will surrender Bakhmut. We will fight for as long as we can. We see Bakhmut as our fortress... "

Why? What is so great about Bakhmut that it is worth fighting to the death? I understand it's political value to russia. The only value I see to Ukraine is to prevent russia from having a PR victory.
View Quote

Concur. This is a really, really bad idea from my perspective. They're giving the Russians exactly what they want by turning this into a positional meat grinder.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Concur. This is a really, really bad idea from my perspective. They're giving the Russians exactly what they want by turning this into a positional meat grinder.
View Quote

Ukraine will not win by staying in one place and slugging it out with russia unless they are taking literally 10 to 1 russian to ukranian KIA/WIA.  Russia is simply going to mobilize more people. Ukraine has already mobilized mostly everybody they have. A better way to look at this is to ask exactly how many Ukranian casualties is this piece of dirt worth?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#17]
"Russia and Ukraine battling for city of Bakhmut"
View Quote

Russia and Ukraine battling for city of Bakhmut
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By doc540:

in one of the videos posted on this page, when the drone circled the first time I could've sworn it was a hawk.  Perfect profile.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doc540:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

A wild guess, the radar can detect the drone, but the FCS is filtering out these small targets as error or maybe a bird and therefore they can't see it on their screens.

in one of the videos posted on this page, when the drone circled the first time I could've sworn it was a hawk.  Perfect profile.
It looked painted that way like a Romulan bird of prey! lol
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Ukraine will not win by staying in one place and slugging it out with russia unless they are taking literally 10 to 1 russian to ukranian KIA/WIA.  Russia is simply going to mobilize more people. Ukraine has already mobilized mostly everybody they have. A better way to look at this is to ask exactly how many Ukranian casualties is this piece of dirt worth?
View Quote

I'd agree in theory but only the Ukranians know the real numbers, fed likely by US/NATO Intel, if they've held on this long, I would ASSUME there's a good reason.

How'd they bleed them dry around the north, so much so they were able to capture 6,000sqkm in a few days? Wasn't that the feint around Kherson that forced the Russians to send troops to fill a gap that didn't need filled?

Years from now we'll know what happened, for now we have to sit around and watch a slugfest between Europe's Texas and a country so short on useful integrated circuits they're removing them from safety systems in cars.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:18:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#20]

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Riiiiiiiiiight...

They have the ability to do so much more because a year in to a war that they claim is for their national survival the russians have actually been holding back all this time.

Hope the orcs in Crimea are packing their bags because as soon as the GLSDB's arrive their precious little bridge is toast.
View All Quotes

Riiiiiiiiiight...

I don't know if the GLSDB has enough range to hit that bridge. I think it's still out of range.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:26:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#22]
I don't know if the GLSDB has enough range to hit that bridge. I think it's still out of range.
View All Quotes

Riiiiiiiiiight...

It will seriously complicate things on the other side at least.  Red area is 150km range.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]
In other news, an F-15 is shooting down the Chinese balloon.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#24]

It will seriously complicate things on the other side at least.  Red area is 150km range.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoEcyMaWYAIc1Bu?format=jpg&name=900x900
View All Quotes

Riiiiiiiiiight...

It's not big enough to drop the bridge anyway.  The average SDB is only 36lbs of explosive.  I'm pretty sure that's less, not more than the GMLRS rockets.

As far as the bridge, we've been down this path before: Thanh Hóa Bridge

GLSDB is going to be nice for ammo depots, POL, high value targets, etc.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

I'd agree in theory but only the Ukranians know the real numbers, fed likely by US/NATO Intel, if they've held on this long, I would ASSUME there's a good reason.

How'd they bleed them dry around the north, so much so they were able to capture 6,000sqkm in a few days? Wasn't that the feint around Kherson that forced the Russians to send troops to fill a gap that didn't need filled?

Years from now we'll know what happened, for now we have to sit around and watch a slugfest between Europe's Texas and a country so short on useful integrated circuits they're removing them from safety systems in cars.
View Quote

Valid points.
There is a long history of military blunders where leaders decide that a piece of dirt has already been so costly that they refuse to give it up after so much sacrifice, and pride. And their troops fight literally to death. Mariupol was a tactical last stand that paid off, in spite of the blood and heartbreak. Hopefully Ukrainian leaders are still being as pragmatic and unemotional with Bakhmut. The defenders of Dunkirk comes to mind. Hopefully.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

I feel like the Luhansk & Donetsk populations are paying the heaviest price of all. They are truly going to have a "lost generation." Surely they can all see it, that their people are the first to die at the behest of Russians. Is it really worth it? What has joining "mother Russia" brought them except misery and death? I hope Ukraine is maintaining rigorous info ops aimed at Donbas.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
This is the Russian backed radio guy that works on their tank communications among other things.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoE8eVcXEAIavw4?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoE9GbMXEAAds_H?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoE9V80WIAIiQgN?format=png&name=900x900

I feel like the Luhansk & Donetsk populations are paying the heaviest price of all. They are truly going to have a "lost generation." Surely they can all see it, that their people are the first to die at the behest of Russians. Is it really worth it? What has joining "mother Russia" brought them except misery and death? I hope Ukraine is maintaining rigorous info ops aimed at Donbas.

Their male population is being annihilated and there were even recent reports that they’ve started drafting women.  The Russians are doing Ukraine’s post-war work for them - annihilating the Russian powerbase in east Ukraine. Whatever is left at the end of the war should be deported to Russia.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#27]
This wild. Years ago I stumbled across a blog site where a girl from Poland I believe was doing a motorcycle tour of Priyat and Chernobyl. That exact bumper car was in her photos. I remember that circle back behind him being broken in her pics. I had forgotten that site until I saw that pic. Sorry if this is sliding.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rshereme/status/1621568945592434688/photo/1[/tweet]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Their male population is being annihilated and there were even recent reports that they’ve started drafting women.  The Russians are doing Ukraine’s post-war work for them - annihilating the Russian powerbase in east Ukraine. Whatever is left at the end of the war should be deported to Russia.
View Quote

Russia has said they want Ukraine people and culture destroyed, and they are trying to do it. It's no longer hypothetical.  Anybody in Ukrainian borders who supports that, supports russia, should be at least kicked out of the country they want the russians to destroy. I don't agree that speaking russian should be banned, but culturally it should be phased out. Be Ukranian, or leave. It's literally life or death.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#29]
This is why when I see dead tallies, I just double that number to factor in the injured that might have survived.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:56:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jungatheart] [#30]

I think they should dub these drones, "Orcrist" the goblin cleaver.
View Quote

Seconded.  Great idea.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

Riiiiiiiiiight...

Dang it.

I swear I read somewhere that these would put that in range. Clearly I was wrong.  

Every morning I get up hoping to hear some how the bridge was hit and is completely out of commission.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Live feed from Fox of the impending balloon shootdown.

[youtube]live/nsQaM3i885A?feature=share[/youtube]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Dang it.

I swear I read somewhere that these would put that in range. Clearly I was wrong.  

Every morning I get up hoping to hear some how the bridge was hit and is completely out of commission.
View All Quotes

Riiiiiiiiiight...

Dang it.

They will be in range if Ukraine makes offensives to the South and East.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Russian tank get's it's ass on fire.

Same video as above, more context:  

View Quote

The last video is interesting.  It definitely looks like the infantry on the last APC saw the four roasted tracks and said - fuck this, we’re leaving.  Smart, some of them probably lived.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By p3590:

It's not big enough to drop the bridge anyway.  The average SDB is only 36lbs of explosive.  I'm pretty sure that's less, not more than the GMLRS rockets.

As far as the bridge, we've been down this path before: Thanh H a Bridge

GLSDB is going to be nice for ammo depots, POL, high value targets, etc.  
View Quote

According to army-technology.com  it's quite a bit more than that. Small hammer blows over time can do as much damage as a single big one.

"The GLSDB is equipped with an ultra-low fragmentation, carbon fibre case warhead with 57.6kg Insensitive Munition-certified explosive fill. The warhead case assembly is made of carbon fibre materials and is integrated with conical steel nose."
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:12:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m35ben] [#36]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live/nsQaM3i885A?feature=share
View Quote
WATCH LIVE: Chinese spy balloon shot down over Atlantic Ocean | LiveNOW from FOX

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Put 500 rounds of 20 Mike Mike through that motherfucker, then go collect the sensor package when it comes down into the ocean.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
I expect it to have a big impact. I just didn't think it'd reach the bridge. Looks like I was right unfortunately. They need ATACMS
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Almost time to pay the wages of sin.
It’s a tough ask, but may God have mercy on him.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Put 500 rounds of 20 Mike Mike through that motherfucker, then go collect the sensor package when it comes down into the ocean.
View Quote

How about 30 rounds and catch it on the way down?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsQaM3i885A

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsQaM3i885A

Thanks Ben, NOTAM expires in 40 minutes so shoot down is soon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Just as soon as it starts losing altitude in any significant way, that thing will burn like it was made out of magnesium shavings...
I bet you a shiny new penny
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

they have ships in the area to capture the sensor package.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Red lines, a gesture of goodwill, a tactical retreat, a cunning plan, it's all fake, what other words were there? I just got tired of this list.

Listen, I know for sure, there you had a suitcase lying around somewhere in the Government, taking it out and opening it, you can press a button that will solve the issue once and for all. It's time. I answer it's time. Even if I am split into atoms, I am ready, so long as it all ends.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/7662
View Quote

OR, you could leave Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
I kind of want to see it hit with THAAD
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
no problem
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
View Quote
Wow air freighting it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#49]
no problem
View All Quotes

no problem

Meh, they extended it for an hour.

They are trying to find a window where there's nothin' over/under/around it. Plus politicians love a shit show.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Possible 3rd TOR arctic version.

View Quote

The video quality is so poor that I can’t tell if it’s a new hit or just another view of kill number 2.
Still interesting though.  It’s like they sent in a brand new TOR unit with absolutely no idea what the realities in Ukraine were.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3447 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top