Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3727 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

I've suspected for a while that any attempt by Russia to attack western Ukraine through Belarus would meet Polish opposition. Maybe unmarked (since Russia likes "little green men"), or maybe openly.

Russia would attempt to spin it as Poland seizing their historical lands, just like Russia is. But Poland would wreck whatever Russian forces that made that mistake. As another former Soviet vassal, I believe Poland will have Ukraine's back at some level. They've already done a lot in sending arms.
View Quote

They've also bore the humanitarian brunt, especially at the beginning with surges of families escaping
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Neat video of kill.  It starts shedding its blades for possible ejection of the crew.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:07:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#4]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I think this is excellent analysis. The American electorate is ill-informed, disinterested, weary and very sinical of DC, and all their past BS.
I do feel that the war in Ukraine is unique in many ways, probably foremost among them is a uniquely good and worthy alley (Ukraine) and a uniquely BAD (in every way) enemy (Russia). The only thing that compares is WWII in this context. And if some politician was on record, back in 1939, 40, 41, etc of being agnostic about Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany, that would be hung around their political necks for ever. I'm worried about an otherwise fantastic Republican candidate like DeSantis coming on board to late.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

You have to remember, there is profit in opposing war/militarism in American Politics.  It has always been this way; the first President to get elected by promising to cut Defense spending and "keep us out of Foreign Conflicts" was Thomas Jefferson, who criticized John Adams for getting the US involved in the "Quasi-War" with France and promised to cut the US Navy down to a gunboat-equipped  coast defense force.

In both Trump and DeSantis's calculations, they will not have to make any binding policy decisions regarding Ukraine, they can say anything they want (within Reason) but not have to take any concrete actions for at least 21 months  This is an eternity in both Warfare and Politics.  To put this in perspective, 21 months is roughly half of the US Participation of the US in WWII, 3/5ths of the Korean War and the Mexican-American War, 4/5ths of the War of 1812, and longer than the US Participation in WWI, Desert Storm, The War of 1898, the Boxer Rebellion, etc. So, it is not only a good idea to blow "hot/cold" on the Ukraine War, it is almost an imperative.  Remember as well that, between the parties, proportionally a lot more Republican-leaning parents got to send their sons and daughters to war in Iraq and Afghanistan than from the Prep schools in the tony suburbs and the DC areas.  Also, among Republicans there is an element of Payback and Opportunity; Payback to the Democrats dating back to the time of Nixon for all the times that Republicans were painted as warmongers and killers for executing wars that were often declared on a bipartisan basis.  Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, etc, made serious hay blaming George Bush for both 9/11 and the resulting wars (giving the Clintons, the Deep State/Intelligence Agencies, the INS, and  and virtually everyone else a pass) The Republican's goal is to do to the Democrats what was done to the Republicans in the 2005-08 period, while promising Joel and Molly Burger in Zanesville, Ohio that they will "solve" this Ukraine thing so their son in the Marines won't get sent to fight in Ukraine and won't end up like their older son who had some problems settling back to something approaching a "normal" life after his tours in Kandahar and Al Anbar.  Further, look at all the stuff that the Democrats extorted from the Bush II administration during the later stages once the war became unpopular.  In their world, the war will either be nearly over (one way or the other) or hopelessly stalemated by the time they have to make any binding decisions, and knowing the Biden maladministration will clearly screw this up in some way, they would literally be trusting Joe Biden to do the right thing in Ukraine, and not taking all the credit.  So, it would be political malpractice for anyone who will potentially face Joe Biden in the 2024 election to support the "Slow Joe Slow Roll" policy, where we send billions to keep the war going but not the right assets to win it effectively.

I think this is excellent analysis. The American electorate is ill-informed, disinterested, weary and very sinical of DC, and all their past BS.
I do feel that the war in Ukraine is unique in many ways, probably foremost among them is a uniquely good and worthy alley (Ukraine) and a uniquely BAD (in every way) enemy (Russia). The only thing that compares is WWII in this context. And if some politician was on record, back in 1939, 40, 41, etc of being agnostic about Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany, that would be hung around their political necks for ever. I'm worried about an otherwise fantastic Republican candidate like DeSantis coming on board to late.

Not precisely.  The election is 21 months out.  If Biden puts the support into high gear, and the Ukrainians win, good for everyone; but he's still the guy who made a fiasco of Afghanistan and that's on him.
If 21 months from now the Ukrainians are still locked in a stalemate, not making progress, they shouldn't be surprised if someone pulls the plug.  Their lack of progress isn't DeSantis' fault, and by then the bill will be getting very high.

He can always change his mind, I guess, but the clock is ticking.  The Ukrainian army doesn't have forever and a blank check. If I was a Democratic advisor, which I sure as hell am not, the smart play would be: Just Win Baby.   This is actually reminiscent of the 1864 Presidential Election, more so then WWII, as you have a "Show progress or if elected the opposition party will cut a deal at the table, due to War Exhaustion"

I doubt highly Biden and team could pull any sort of Lincoln skill, but Zelensky may understand and he better find a US Grant, or at least a Vicksburg/Gettysburg/Chickamauga/Chattanooga.  A stalemate that DiSantis threatens to pull the plug on could, in a common sense world, drive the incumbent admin to accept higher risk and unleash the ATACMS, etc...but that requires logical analysis I don't think they have.  Really, they should have figured this out six months ago.  This Frog Boiling incrementalism smacks of LBJ and Rolling Thunder.

Mixing metaphor, it is possible the hold at all costs nature of Bakhmut is intended to springboard an Operation Uranus, somewhere, but is certainly premature for a smart politician such as DeSantis to sign the US up for war until 2029 while the UA stays hunkered down on the strategic defensive.

War is Politics by other means. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:11:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#5]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Maybe more like Jan Sobieski. If flights of F35 Winged Hussars storm down leading divisions of armor behind a cruise missile barrage I would not be disappointed.

I think Poland knows all about a fight to the death and the courage to crush a mortal enemy. Russia may inflict a lot of damage but Poland will take a vital chunk out of its muscle and bone.

Russia is going to die as a world power in the next couple of years. Only question is when and by whom and what happens in the aftermath.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Um, yeah, they just said the quiet part out loud. And I like it.  
ETA - tweet with video:

Somewhere, the ghost of  Friedrich der Große smiles a knowing smile.....

Maybe more like Jan Sobieski. If flights of F35 Winged Hussars storm down leading divisions of armor behind a cruise missile barrage I would not be disappointed.

I think Poland knows all about a fight to the death and the courage to crush a mortal enemy. Russia may inflict a lot of damage but Poland will take a vital chunk out of its muscle and bone.

Russia is going to die as a world power in the next couple of years. Only question is when and by whom and what happens in the aftermath.

I think they were related by blood (at least distantly) and definitely by subsequent marriages within the line.  So, I guess this is the ol' ARFCOM "Get Both", with the Russians ground up in relentless defensive battles of maneuver while the "Winged Hussars" roll in and destroy the main body of the Orc Army.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
GD has a hard on for Poland interesting to see the mental gymnastics here lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
ETA - tweet with video:
GD has a hard on for Poland interesting to see the mental gymnastics here lol

Oh yea. Let me know if you come across a thread. I don't see one yet.

Hmmm what will it be... Poland is now giving 10%? They've been promised big assets by MIC for giving Ukraine stuff? Eh... maybe because Ukraine and FJB have soured Poland's diplomatic status with Russia they are forced into not allowing Russia to rise to prominence and be mean to them?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah it ought to be epic when a strong conservative, Catholic NATO country with post-USSR bonafides takes the field against Russia how half of GD will go into convulsions.

Was just talking to a conservative, traditional Catholic friend and was shocked when they started in with Putin is the best defender of Christians today!  I could feel the tremors from Ronald Reagan spinning in his grave.
View Quote

It used to be everyday, now just every other day, I think about this. I've literally lost conservative (what I thought were good) friends because agreeing on all politics are a prereqs, I've learned. Just like the leftists they despise.

The consolation is: it's good we know now. That horrifying reality is what we are facing going forward. God I pray for my kids' future.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Random intellectual exercise:

If you want to understand what it is like to be a Tank or Bradley Commander, get in a car with 3 (or 2) of your favorite pals.

But before you do, tape up all of the windows except for a small ~3x8" slit for the driver (3ea), gunner (1ea), and loader (1ea). Absolutely no back glass of course.

The driver sits at the wheel, the gunner in the right passenger seat, the commander in the right rear, and the loader at the left rear (no loader for the Bradley).

The commander could use the sunroof to simulate a cupola, I guess. This assumes that they could even use their other "vision blocks" because there isn't a huge pile of shit in the bustle rack.

Now "drive the car" by only by giving commands from the back seat.

Then try it in reverse (you want to keep the frontal armor facing the threat if you need to get out of there for some reason).

DRIVER LEFT...DRIVER LEFT...NO, FUCK. DUDE "ASS LEFT", "ASS LEFT"!!

And don't forget, this can't capture the fun of having a turret, where you can be facing a completely different direction from the driver. Hope you don't get car sick easily!

Anyway, entirely unlike the Russians in this video, and this may come as a surprise to some, but if you are taking fire, you don't want to run away completely broadside to an enemy trench line. This is why they caught 2 RPGs in the flank. I wonder if they will live long enough to take this lesson to heart?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw_zps8b7lgmna_GIF-128.gif
View All Quotes

If you want to understand what it is like to be a Tank or Bradley Commander, get in a car with 3 (or 2) of your favorite pals.

But before you do, tape up all of the windows except for a small ~3x8" slit for the driver (3ea), gunner (1ea), and loader (1ea). Absolutely no back glass of course.

The driver sits at the wheel, the gunner in the right passenger seat, the commander in the right rear, and the loader at the left rear (no loader for the Bradley).

The commander could use the sunroof to simulate a cupola, I guess. This assumes that they could even use their other "vision blocks" because there isn't a huge pile of shit in the bustle rack.

Then try it in reverse (you want to keep the frontal armor facing the threat if you need to get out of there for some reason).

And don't forget, this can't capture the fun of having a turret, where you can be facing a completely different direction from the driver. Hope you don't get car sick easily!

Anyway, entirely unlike the Russians in this video, and this may come as a surprise to some, but if you are taking fire, you don't want to run away completely broadside to an enemy trench line. This is why they caught 2 RPGs in the flank. I wonder if they will live long enough to take this lesson to heart?

To be fair, simulating the same thing in a Russian vehicle, you would need to do it in a vehicle with a standard transmission, no power steering, no power brakes, a worn steering gearbox, the controls and instrumentation of a pre WWII steam roller, and with your reverse speed limited to 3mph.  A Brad or an M1 (or even a Sherman) is a joy to drive compared to just about anything COMBLOC.  An M109 or a 113 is a Lincoln-type driving experience in comparison to anything Soviet.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Interesting article, in spoiler tag below, on some of the major themes, history, and propaganda
concepts behind Russia’s war against Ukraine and Putin’s thirst for conquest.

Imposing the Past: Putin’s War for History
View All Quotes

Interesting article, in spoiler tag below, on some of the major themes, history, and propaganda
concepts behind Russia’s war against Ukraine and Putin’s thirst for conquest.

Imposing the Past: Putin’s War for History

That's good, thanks for posting it.
Russia’s political system, presidentialism, and prioritization of state over society have made it almost impossible to create a civic identity, which would require a popular political engagement and civil society, both of which the Kremlin has dismantled. Likewise, there is no coherent ideological set of principles to govern the way people live, as there was in the communist era.
This is really apt. Many of the interviewees in the 1420 videos say "I'm not political." This fits the article above. When authoritarianism has made participation in politics and even the sharing of political ideas or values personally dangerous, political engagement and civil society are not possible at any level of robustness sufficient to maintain a nation through a major crisis. This is why Putin not only started the ventures described in the article, but has doubled and redoubled them in the last year.

Check out this incredibly cringe promo video to boost patriotism and enlistment in Russia:
Russian war promo features Putin, Stalin, Lenin and Peter the Great
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]

I think they were related by blood (at least distantly) and definitely by subsequent marriages within the line.  So, I guess this is the ol' ARFCOM "Get Both", with the Russians ground up in relentless defensive battles of maneuver while the "Winged Hussars" roll in and destroy the main body of the Orc Army.
View All Quotes
ETA - tweet with video:

Somewhere, the ghost of  Friedrich der Große smiles a knowing smile.....

I think they were related by blood (at least distantly) and definitely by subsequent marriages within the line.  So, I guess this is the ol' ARFCOM "Get Both", with the Russians ground up in relentless defensive battles of maneuver while the "Winged Hussars" roll in and destroy the main body of the Orc Army.

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#12]
ETA - tweet with video:
View Quote

The world will be at war...more than likely...
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope that's true!
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Reminds me of this...

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

View Quote

Who exactly will be jumping in to help russia?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:54:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#18]
The 128th Mountain Assault Brigade of the DShV of Ukraine - carried out a breakthrough on the right bank of the Dnieper in the Arkhangelsk-Zolotaya Balka line.
The 10th Special Forces brigade at that time was unable to hold its position.
Now the 128th enemy is opposed by the 291st regiment, which did not particularly show results during the year of the war, as well as the forces of territorial troops that do not have combat experience.
That is why this area was chosen for a breakthrough.
Personally, I expect the enemy to penetrate our lines of defense as early as next week.
Up to 5 km. In the future there will be a pause to determine the regrouping and forces of our troops.

✏️ @ieZekiil_9

2️⃣0️⃣5️⃣

Significant progress has been made in the Kremenoy area. The main attention of the enemy forces was concentrated on Bakhmut, which led to the weakening of forces in that direction.
The paratroopers from the 76th division were able to reverse the initiative in their favor.
Exit to the borders of Zarechny and Torskoy business next week.

✏️ @ieZekiil_9

2️⃣0️⃣5️⃣

https://t.me/mototroopers_205/990

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:

If Poland decides to go in against Russia, the war will end quickly.  Russia will have some decisions to make about how the war ends, but it would lose quickly, regardless.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Conversely, it could motivate Xiden (his handlers) to increase the aid so they can secure a win before the next election. Or it could likewise motivate the Europeans into helping more now, fearing that the US may back out after 24. I personally dont think any new Republican POTUS would let Ukraine fall or even limit aid, but who really knows.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nomansland:

That is a very likely possibility of DeSantis's motives (and possibly Trump's).  Effectively you are saying that they are able to take this position without having to own the consequences on a topic that will likey change significantly by the time either would have to deal with it (along with public perceptions).  Unfortunately the consequence of the leaders of the party staking out this position at this time is it makes the passage or support in the house of further aid much more difficult (indeed the congressmen will appear to be going against the potential future leadership).   This has real consequences in the current and near future that could dramatically impact the outcome of this war.  The amount of money we are spending seems like a lot to most but Colin Kahl has described the real tradeoffs that are having to be made (Feb 24, 2023 War on the Rocks podcast, Feb 28, 2023 House Armed Services hearing).  There are those in congress that are pressuring to do "more" such as F16 - which I think that is great as long as they also pass separate funds to pay for it, but it can't be at the expense of ammo/missiles and immediate critical needs for Ukraine (estimates I've seen is current authorization will likely be burned down by summer with just these most critical needs).  

I honestly think money for F16's would be better spent ramping faster the industrial base (similar to operation warp speed where contractual guarantees were in place to derisk investments by industry) - I think this could have more of a deterrent impact on both Russia and China.  It is disappointing to see how slowly Europe is reacting as well - i.e. France arguing over whether EU funds can be used to purchase shells made outside of EU, etc.  I agree there should be incentivization of the EU manufacturing base but not at the expense of speed to get munitions to Ukraine.

I do think we've had too much discussion of politics and side topics in this otherwise very informative thread.  That said, I think a clinical discussion of the potential motivation and consequences of politician's stances (possibly 2nd or 3rd order impacts) on this topic does have a (limited) place.

Conversely, it could motivate Xiden (his handlers) to increase the aid so they can secure a win before the next election. Or it could likewise motivate the Europeans into helping more now, fearing that the US may back out after 24. I personally dont think any new Republican POTUS would let Ukraine fall or even limit aid, but who really knows.
I say train and send them our excess F-16s.  Fears of escalating like DeSantis' is BS.  The F-16 airframe was developed around the same time as the MIG-29.  It has shorter legs than the MIG as well.  I don't think there is much of a difference in the standard weapons the F-16 carries from the russians.  They copied most of those.

Limiting Ukraine's strike capability is going to do nothing but fuck it up.  Ukrainians should be able to strike where they need to, and decisively expel the orcs off all of their territory.  Ukraine has to have a stronger military once it's over. Failure to do that will likely allow the russians to do this all over again.

Of course Biden is fucking this up as usual.  What has Biden not fucked up?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

China. It's a matter of time.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#25]

If they did get something like that together, I hope I'm on someone's rolodex as a possible airspace deconfliction manager or targeting guy!
View Quote

@Saltwater-Hillbilly
Well, hell's bells man, don't tell me you aren't already making bank if that is your skillset?

And I don't mean just doing the thing, you can make good money teaching the thing.

This is kind of old news so I don't know if there hasn't been some M&A activity since this was published, but I do know that ATAC is still a going concern: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/30557/air-force-hires-seven-companies-in-long-awaited-mega-adversary-air-support-contract

Also, if you want to go job hunting in warm sunny climes*, then you should look at the member companies of this organization: International Stability Operations Organization

*that could mean Kuwait or Saudi, sorry
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SGL_Shooter:

One of my favorites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzsLIGPoFj8
View Quote
One of the best ones, but the one I liked lately is the reporter shaking in her boots on each explosion while interviewing a soldier.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Once Wagner is thru, I hope a lot of regular army comes a runnin with white flags, commanders and all.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#28]
ETA - tweet with video:
View Quote
Of course, while everyone is thinking as Ukraine a buffer for russia, it's really a buffer for Poland from the orcs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#29]

I like what you're onto here. We should put some photoshops out there, where the vertical stab has those wings painted on. I think it would catch on like wildfire.

Memes, imitating history; from thence art, imitating memes, imitating history, and saying: "FAFO, LOL".

I don't know what the color schemes of the Polish Apaches will be, but the wings could also be done in a subdued tone. That would also be fucking metal.

@DasJuden how do we contact some Boeing reps so that this can happen? I believe that through the ARFCOM hivemind, we can meme this into existence, and thus have a taste of immortality.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
At this point, everyone bordering Russia has realized that if Ukraine falls they are soon to be fighting the same war.

It was never about Ukraine for Vlad. The motherfucker was ALL about re-establishing the "hard R" USSR.

Every middle-aged adult in Poland remembers what that was like and seriously wants no part of it.
View Quote

Had the pleasure of sitting next to nice older lady who lived in former USSR Poland while on a longer flight. Somehow she struck up a conversation with me, telling me all about her early life behind the Iron Curtain; next thing I know we were landing. It cannot be understated how much hatred she had for Russia and communism and how passionate she spoke about the US and what people have here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Really good stuff.
Seen bits of that, but this really puts it together.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#32]
From the Trench Predator’s channel:

“And here is a video of how support arrived that day ✊”

https://t.me/lost_generation_21/130

What is he manually loading? I’m surprised to see a manual loader on a Russian afv.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Russia has too much raw resources to die.  The potato chip countries would be happy to give russia a pass for their gas.

They would have to surrender their nuclear weapons.  The only way I can foresee that happening is china.  Only the eastern part to the Artic where there are ethnic chinese/asians is what china is interested in.  True there are russians there as well, but china has demonstrated they have no problems with ethnic cleansing.

Right now, these two historic enemies are friendly because they share a common enemy (they view as such).
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#34]

To be fair, simulating the same thing in a Russian vehicle, you would need to do it in a vehicle with a standard transmission, no power steering, no power brakes, a worn steering gearbox, the controls and instrumentation of a pre WWII steam roller, and with your reverse speed limited to 3mph.  A Brad or an M1 (or even a Sherman) is a joy to drive compared to just about anything COMBLOC.  An M109 or a 113 is a Lincoln-type driving experience in comparison to anything Soviet.
View Quote

QFT.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

Had the pleasure of sitting next to nice older lady who lived in former USSR Poland while on a longer flight. Somehow she struck up a conversation with me, telling me all about her early life behind the Iron Curtain; next thing I know we were landing. It cannot be understated how much hatred she had for Russia and communism and how passionate she spoke about the US and what people have here.
View Quote

A little payback for Katyn would be nice to see.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

View Quote

I lived down the street from a little polish deli polish food shop. The guy that ran it was very nice and made killer cabbage rolls and soups from Poland. That man had a seething hatred for russia and communism. His neck veins would bulge out when he got on an anti commie rant, lol.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#38]

I like what you're onto here. We should put some photoshops out there, where the vertical stab has those wings painted on. I think it would catch on like wildfire.

Memes, imitating history; from thence art, imitating memes, imitating history, and saying: "FAFO, LOL".

I don't know what the color schemes of the Polish Apaches will be, but the wings could also be done in a subdued tone. That would also be fucking metal.

@DasJuden how do we contact some Boeing reps so that this can happen? I believe that through the ARFCOM hivemind, we can meme this into existence, and thus have a taste of immortality.
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I've been wondering the last couple of days.....

Where are the Barbed Wire emplacements?

Razor wire, concertina wire, whatever the name, I can't ever remember seeing that stuff ANYWHERE in this thread or elsewhere.

I've seen it when I was both in certain Garrison areas as well as around Battalion and above Command posts.

The stuff won't stop you, but that isn't its purpose.  It is supposed to slow you down, channel your avenues of approach and the like.
It is relatively cheap (available on Amazon ), easy to emplace or remove.
The possibilities for its use is nearly endless in the current defensive war currenty going on.

Just think: A squad or platoon of 1st Level Orcs come along, singing some Wagnerian opera off-key and they see coils of Wire blocking their way. Some 2nd Level Orc notices some soup can sized Things attached to the wire, semi-thinks "Hey are those grenades?".....Pause....Pause.....Small Arms fire or The God Of War speaking comes soon enough.
Or a tank getting tangled in the wires...Or some truck.....

Back in The Day one of my company's jeeps ran over the wire from a TOW missile.  Removing it from underneath the jeep was Not Fun.

Now just think of the havoc some concertina wire or its many brothers and cousins can do.

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#40]
ETA - tweet with video:
View Quote

AC/DC - Big Balls (Official Audio)
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

From the Trench Predator's channel:

"And here is a video of how support arrived that day  "

https://t.me/lost_generation_21/130

What is he manually loading? I'm surprised to see a manual loader on a Russian afv.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/778843F9-DEA6-41EC-9B63-D623D4D48446-2752394.jpg
View Quote

Thats a BMP-1.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:

Razor wire, concertina wire, whatever the name, I can't ever remember seeing that stuff ANYWHERE in this thread or elsewhere.

I've seen it when I was both in certain Garrison areas as well as around Battalion and above Command posts.

The stuff won't stop you, but that isn't its purpose.  It is supposed to slow you down, channel your avenues of approach and the like.
The possibilities for its use is nearly endless in the current defensive war currenty going on.

Just think: A squad or platoon of 1st Level Orcs come along, singing some Wagnerian opera off-key and they see coils of Wire blocking their way. Some 2nd Level Orc notices some soup can sized Things attached to the wire, semi-thinks "Hey are those grenades?".....Pause....Pause.....Small Arms fire or The God Of War speaking comes soon enough.

Back in The Day one of my company's jeeps ran over the wire from a TOW missile.  Removing it from underneath the jeep was Not Fun.

Now just think of the havoc some concertina wire or its many brothers and cousins can do.

View Quote

There is some in the more static defenses at the borders, but a lot of these lines go back and forth day by day, the wire would be bad for both sides.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#43]

https://t.me/killpukin/14021

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I’ve seen it further back, on more permanent emplacements.

Seems like the front is too fluid, but it’s still a good point.
It’s a big area.

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By XeroSygnal:

Reminds me of this...

https://i.imgur.com/YuGs68g.jpeg
View Quote

OOOHHH, cheese sandwich!

IMHO, there is no reason why the M1 couldn't have a BWV.... it's got every fucking thing else. We're Americans, we can do anything if we throw enough money at it, goddamit!

Although tbh, the recent under armor APU is probably the biggest deal in a while. I always wanted all that space in the bustle rack for my own shit! Beanie babies! A BBQ grill! A Real Doll! Washing Machines! You know, PRIORITIES!
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:37:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#47]
Originally Posted By Prime:

It’s a big area.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

It’s a big area.

@Gentlemanfarmer commented a little. In some areas it or the people laying it would be blown to bits. And it does exist in some areas. Maybe we don’t see it in videos because it exists in those areas, so the attack goes elsewhere.

Much of any border region has wire too he said.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Atom...
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#49]

AAWWWWYYEAAAHHH
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#50]

China. It's a matter of time.
View Quote

I can envision them supplying some MLRS type stuff and other items but not for a love of rooshia but for a chance to bleed the rooshins of blood and the west of treasure.by extending the conflict
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3727 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top