Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3791 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Without Ukraine, Moskovia has always been a vassal of another country. And looks like this is their fate...

https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/D4D22AQE7H5vW6fztmg/feedshare-shrink_480/0/1679902846686?e=1683158400&v=beta&t=LXN5gEf4tP9azOL8Mx_aYyu_ns5GtJyA7fRSOgQE5a0

By Volodymyr Kukharenko

Moskow was founded in 1147 by prince Yuri Dolgorukiy (he’s buried in Kyiv, you can come to his grave), so it was a late and remote colony of Rus (Ukraine). But 90 years later, in 1237, Moskow was taken by Golden Horde. Moskovia was paying tribute to Golden Horde for 240 years, and after the collapse of the Golden Horde, it became the vassal of Crimean Khans. Once (in 1571) they refused to pay tribute and got Moskow burned. They paid tribute till 1700. Almost 500 years vassal! But in 1648-1654 Ukrainians had war with Poland, and choose to ally with Moskovia. That was a big strategic mistake, as the alliance lasted less than 2 years, and eventually, Ukraine got divided between Moskovia and Poland in 1686. And that was a mistake for Poland, as about 100 years later Poland got divided between Moskovia, Prussia, and Austria.

Needless to say that it was done with the help of Ukrainian troops in the Moskovia army. So, having Ukrainians in their army, Moskovia (renamed to Russia in 1721) won many wars and grew much bigger. Napoleon Bonaparte once said, “Give me 20000 Ukrainian Cossacks in my army, and I would conquer the world”. In WW2, 25-40% of USSR casualties were Ukrainians. So when Putin says “we could do it alone”, that’s pathetic. By the way, do you know that the first Russian University ever was founded by Ukrainians and that in the early 1700ties tsar Peter 1st forced his nobility to eat with forks, not hands? They had no fleet before Ukrainians became part of their empire.

In 1918, Ukraine declared independence but lost in 1919. The history got repeated: Ukraine was divided between Poland and USSR, and 30 years later Poland was divided between USSR and Germany, and later Germany was divided between USSR, US and UK, then USSR wanted to win US but failed and collapsed. That is the lesson everyone should learn: Russia will always betray allies.

Now, Ukraine got independence again, and Russia wants it back. Because without Ukraine, they are no longer an empire capable of any conquests. Without Ukrainian resources, science, and industry, and, most importantly, warriors, they are a bunch of savages living in their past and doomed to decline.

I hope this time the world understands it that Ukraine is the difference between weak and strong Russia, and safety for everyone. And the circle of history is closing: Russia is becoming the vassal of China. Russia will sell gas and oil to China really cheaply, China will exploit Russian resources and sell its own goods to Russia, as Russia produces nothing. Chinese renamed 8 Russian cities near their borders into Chinese names, no usual Russian nukes threats in response. Russian women are marrying Chinese men because in Russia men are being killed, while in China they have 30 million lonely men. New Russian visa centers are being opened in China. So bye-bye Russia, hello Moskovia province again.

Also a good read: How Moscow Hijacked the History of the Kyivan-Rus

Like I've said here many times,  if you don't know the true history of Ukraine, you can never truly understand this conflict which is hundreds of years older than the USA.  The first mistake many make is believing that Russia is older than Ukraine.
View Quote

Apparently Pilsudski agreed, and Duda is basically using it as the foundation for Poland’s foreign policy. Explains why Poland went all in for Ukraine Day 1…..
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I hear they're bombing the storage depots in Crimea at 1800 hours tomorrow. They're coming in from the north, below the radar.

View Quote

I have super reliable intel that the UA is doing a full scale amphib attack on Rostov on the Don April 1st. SShhhhhh
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By apr67:

The US isn't even close to the kinds of corruption you see in other parts of the world.  In many places every interaction with any goverment or pseudo goverment official requires a payoff.  Getting a driver's license, getting a building permit, whatever.

Never have personally had to pay anyone off in order to get anything done with US Federal, State and local governments.  Sure, we have corruption and any of it is horrible, but what exists is an order of magnitude less than what it is in many other countries.
View Quote

Until recently, in IL the go to for the in crowd to do thier Real Estate taxes was the Chicago Firm Madigan and Getzendammer. It was purely a coincidence that the Speaker of the IL House was a Partner in the firm. It was also purely a coincidence laws were enacted that benefitted said clients.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Good sign that Russia is hurting that they want to coerce Ukraine into peace talks.

Sure, Vlad. Just withdraw your troops and peace happens instantly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:26:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait for it, another turret toss.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
"Russia has destroyed Western tanks in Zaperozhye"

Wel that's the claim from Russian state media. Not saying what type or providing any evidence whatsoever of course. The claim to have seen western tank(s) drive in to a building and they shot a rocket at the building.

Admittently it's from that that turd iEarlgrey but repeated on a conservative sucker site that running with stories about Russia destroying a NATO underground bunker in Kiev and America's Earthquake machine causeing the Turkey earthquake    

But it surely couldnt be a little skit to collect the $70k bounty per tank? Nah that would be to simple

View Quote

I’m wondering when they will perp-walk the US LTGEN that they claimed was in Azovstahl with the Azov Regiment.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

I heard Ted Striker is leading the mission to bomb Macho Grande.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I hear they're bombing the storage depots in Crimea at 1800 hours tomorrow. They're coming in from the north, below the radar.

But he can't tell you when he'll be back......It's Classified!
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:42:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#10]
Originally Posted By DisturbedCrime:

I know I'd get Kentucky Fried and roasted if I posted in GD outside of this thread. So I'll stay right here in this boat. :)

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

And who knows what else they are using them for. Like the story of the Russkie women medics being passed around....
Their barbarism knows no bounds or limits, as we know.

When most of GD sees your avatar

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Triggered-143.gif

I know I'd get Kentucky Fried and roasted if I posted in GD outside of this thread. So I'll stay right here in this boat. :)

Liar. I see you're planning a fishing trip.

I like you. You're an instigator.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:48:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#11]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

The GRU gets its information wherever it can find it, including social media sites with large concentrations of active and retired military.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stevo89:
Originally Posted By bbrocks:
THE TIME HAS COME FOR SELF MODERATION

REFRAIN FROM SHARING UKRAINE TROOP CONCENTRATIONS OR BATTLE MAPS

https://api.time.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/poster9.jpg

Monitoring reports on Twitter and Telegram that are revealing way too much detail about combat groupings and capabilities ahead of a spring offensive.  

Is the GRU getting it's intel from Arfcom again?

The GRU gets its information wherever it can find it, including social media sites with large concentrations of active and retired military.

RIP Primorsky

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

It could even be argued that sending prisoners and typical mobiks is a net positive for Russia: less cost is housing and feeding such people. Maybe less people to agitate for change in Russia.
View Quote
Reverse genocide.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By swede1986:

The problems in Germany aren't due to the losses they sustained in the war, their problems arose when the DDR was absorbed into West Germany and their people were given high-ranking positions. When you add those people to the leftists who were already present in the West, they make up the majority of the government.

The West may have won the Cold War, but Germany lost it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok, we've talked about the M113 (here YPR-765) a fair bit in this thread, but I got a chuckle out of this:

"The engine, you could say, is from a harvester, but the harvester mows down wheat, and this one destroys Muscovites"
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

RIP Primorsky

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Originally Posted By Stevo89:
Originally Posted By bbrocks:
THE TIME HAS COME FOR SELF MODERATION

REFRAIN FROM SHARING UKRAINE TROOP CONCENTRATIONS OR BATTLE MAPS

https://api.time.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/poster9.jpg

Monitoring reports on Twitter and Telegram that are revealing way too much detail about combat groupings and capabilities ahead of a spring offensive.  

Is the GRU getting it's intel from Arfcom again?

RIP Primorsky

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:39:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: easttxshooter] [#17]
Wasn't the Azovstal guy a Canadian?

Originally Posted By Tiberius:

I’m wondering when they will perp-walk the US LTGEN that they claimed was in Azovstahl with the Azov Regiment.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

Now what’s Putin going to do when Finland gets F35s, capable of carrying B61 nukes from NATO just minutes from St. Petersburg and Moscow.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
have we done this one?

Look at 27 seconds, sure seems like something is getting ready to go down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP_WPrQBDXw
View Quote

From 2017
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

And who knows what else they are using them for. Like the story of the Russkie women medics being passed around....
Their barbarism knows no bounds or limits, as we know.

True
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

From 2017
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

Now what’s Putin going to do when Finland gets F35s, capable of carrying B61 nukes from NATO just minutes from St. Petersburg and Moscow.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

He will offer peace terms if Finland hands over all F35s and nuke missiles!  Russia only wants peace with everyone!
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I have it on good authority that the Ukrainian army has set the mad trench invading  Beaver loose on the Russians! Shhhhhhhhh, He's gonna destroy anything made of wood.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
I have it on good authority that the Ukrainian army has set the mad trench invading  Beaver loose on the Russians! Shhhhhhhhh, He's gonna destroy anything made of wood.
View Quote
The Russians will catch it and rape it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Ok, we've talked about the M113 (here YPR-765) a fair bit in this thread, but I got a chuckle out of this:

"The engine, you could say, is from a harvester, but the harvester mows down wheat, and this one destroys Muscovites"
View Quote

Just like in history, Russia always seems to be troubled by agriculture.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:16:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bama_Rebel] [#26]
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:22:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#27]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
I'm still a few pages behind and don't know if it's legit or not.
But is that a Lacoda?
https://www.reddit.com/r/SlavaUkrayini/comments/126dpom/somewhere_east_of_kyiv/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
View Quote

probably training area.

did they get Eurocopters too?

ETA: yup got convoy lights on
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#29]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/Vulkan_JPG-2764009.jpg

One document links a Vulkan cyber-attack tool with the notorious hacking group Sandworm, which the US government said twice caused blackouts in Ukraine, disrupted the Olympics in South Korea and launched NotPetya, the most economically destructive malware in history. Codenamed Scan-V, it scours the internet for vulnerabilities, which are then stored for use in future cyber-attacks.

Another system, known as Amezit, amounts to a blueprint for surveilling and controlling the internet in regions under Russia’s command, and also enables disinformation via fake social media profiles. A third Vulkan-built system – Crystal-2V – is a training program for cyber-operatives in the methods required to bring down rail, air and sea infrastructure. A file explaining the software states: “The level of secrecy of processed and stored information in the product is ‘Top Secret’.”

The Vulkan files, which date from 2016 to 2021, were leaked by an anonymous whistleblower angered by Russia’s war in Ukraine. Such leaks from Moscow are extremely rare. Days after the invasion in February last year, the source approached the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung and said the GRU and FSB “hide behind” Vulkan.

“People should know the dangers of this,” the whistleblower said. “Because of the events in Ukraine, I decided to make this information public. The company is doing bad things and the Russian government is cowardly and wrong. I am angry about the invasion of Ukraine and the terrible things that are happening there. I hope you can use this information to show what is happening behind closed doors.”

The source later shared the data and further information with the Munich-based investigative startup Paper Trail Media. For several months, journalists working for 11 media outlets, including the Guardian, Washington Post and Le Monde, have investigated the files in a consortium led by Paper Trail Media and Der Spiegel.

Five western intelligence agencies confirmed the Vulkan files appear to be authentic. The company and the Kremlin did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/mar/30/vulkan-files-leak-reveals-putins-global-and-domestic-cyberwarfare-tactics

Very interesting.  Do any of our posters have the background to talk about this?
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
I'm still a few pages behind and don't know if it's legit or not.
But is that a Lacoda?
https://www.reddit.com/r/SlavaUkrayini/comments/126dpom/somewhere_east_of_kyiv/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
View Quote

Possibly. Wiki says they were in Germany in 2018 to support MEDEVAC at Graf and Hohenfels. No idea if that is still a current mission.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:50:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bama_Rebel] [#31]
Hard for me to see what's going on without laptop. But they sure looked geared up wherever that is
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Upbeat vid of troops
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#33]

And the USA went from being a net exporter of oil and gas to now begging the Saudi's and even Venezuela to increase production. Germany does NOT have a monopoly on stupid.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

If you want to get technical about it. Europe/germany has huge deposits of gas and oil right there, and the fucking idiots seem to think it is ok to buy from someone else instead of pumping it themselves. They are insane.

And the USA went from being a net exporter of oil and gas to now begging the Saudi's and even Venezuela to increase production. Germany does NOT have a monopoly on stupid.

Well, I was always under the impression that, if your economy was strong and you had the money, buying up someone else's gas and oil was a smart move over drilling your own. Let the other guy drill his and ship it to you, because it's a zero-sum game. There's only so much in existence, and it's not really renewable. Unless you want to wait a really long time.

Then, if the other guy runs out, gets sanctioned, or starts charging too much, you always have your own supply to fall back on. Just start pumping and DON'T export it. If someone is dumb enough to get desperate because they sold too much of theirs, then sell yours back to them at twice the price you were paying. Supply and demand. Or don't, and keep it for yourself.

The thing NOT to do is become completely dependent on on a foreign supply or put yourself in debt too far when you buy it. That seems to be the stumbling block that can't be figured out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Update from Zman on 400th day.
United, invincible. Free.
Upcoming actions…
Mentions meeting with Austrian parliament.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By strykr:

It was one of the warmest winters in recorded history, with temperatures staying well above freezing in many countries. It bought Europe some time until the next winter, but to say the continent does not "need" Russian energy does not tell the whole truth. Russian gas and oil delivered using pipes will always be cheaper than transporting with ships from the Middle East. Europe would need to build LOTS of nuclear power plants to shake its dependence on cheap Russian energy, and that is going to take many years. So far, there is not even political agreement to proceed in this direction.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

I remember when everyone was predicting doom and gloom for Western Europe over the winter. Those individuals will never admit they were wrong and have just moved on to the next talking point.

It was one of the warmest winters in recorded history, with temperatures staying well above freezing in many countries. It bought Europe some time until the next winter, but to say the continent does not "need" Russian energy does not tell the whole truth. Russian gas and oil delivered using pipes will always be cheaper than transporting with ships from the Middle East. Europe would need to build LOTS of nuclear power plants to shake its dependence on cheap Russian energy, and that is going to take many years. So far, there is not even political agreement to proceed in this direction.

Russian energy isn’t cheaper, it simply moves some costs into non-monetary realms.  Once you try to account for these costs, Russian energy is probably far, far over market value.
Europe has already curtailed/ended their dependence on Russian energy.  They’ve built and will continue to build LNG terminals at a record pace.  That is a massive investment that isn’t going to disappear.
They’re already signed legally binding long-term contracts with reliable energy partners.   People who keep saying that “they can’t afford to give up Russian gas” are dead wrong.  It’s a done deal. There are legal contracts in place that Europe couldn’t break even if they wanted to, and they don’t want to.  Putin already played the energy card and played it poorly.

Germany signs FIFTEEN YEAR LNG contract with Qatar.

If Europe gets Russian gas again it will probably be in the form of war reparations from a prostrate and desperate Russia.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:08:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#38]

Short and sweet update!  After some speculation last night this is good to see from a reliable source.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

Holy fucking shit...
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#40]

This where Russias lack of CAS and air superiority really shines, no ability to hit antiarmor groupings or cover their tanks. And with small 2-3 man teams with Javelins all over its pretty much impossible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

A partially missed turret toss, multiple vehicles apparently ambushed by Javelin and other anti tank weapons, maybe one mine.  Wow.

How do you clear ATGM teams during an offensive when their standoff range is so great?

This where Russias lack of CAS and air superiority really shines, no ability to hit antiarmor groupings or cover their tanks. And with small 2-3 man teams with Javelins all over its pretty much impossible.

And if they tried they’d get MANPADS up the ass.
I guess you could argue that a big problem for them is they lack the rotary wing doctrine and tactics, and enough PGMS to execute it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Strykers in Germany for training. Getting closer!
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

lol, I'm not even going to look.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I was informed that Bakhmut has fallen, that Putin is taking a stand against pedophilia and division, and that NATO is the aggressor.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#44]

I was informed that Bakhmut has fallen, that Putin is taking a stand against pedophilia and division, and that NATO is the aggressor.
View All Quotes

Wow, well thanks for the laugh you gave me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#45]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Russian energy isn’t cheaper, it simply moves some costs into non-monetary realms.  Once you try to account for these costs, Russian energy is probably far, far over market value.
Europe has already curtailed/ended their dependence on Russian energy.  They’ve built and will continue to build LNG terminals at a record pace.  That is a massive investment that isn’t going to disappear.
They’re already signed legally binding long-term contracts with reliable energy partners.   People who keep saying that “they can’t afford to give up Russian gas” are dead wrong.  It’s a done deal. There are legal contracts in place that Europe couldn’t break even if they wanted to, and they don’t want to.  Putin already played the energy card and played it poorly.

If Europe gets Russian gas again it will probably be in the form of war reparations from a prostrate and desperate Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

I remember when everyone was predicting doom and gloom for Western Europe over the winter. Those individuals will never admit they were wrong and have just moved on to the next talking point.

Very good points. Russia has exposed their real selves and in doing so have alienated most countries.

Who in their right mind would rely on Russian military tech unless you are fighting third world country?

Who would rely on ANY agreement/treaty with Russia? So why ever “negotiate” with those pathological liars?

Why would any news agency send reporters to Russia let alone have a bureau? They said they would arrest foreign reporters and now they have.

Can the world just admit Reagan was right and nothing has changed under Tsar Putin? Evil empire, indeed!
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Biggest news in months.  I think Sweden will follow once some more turkey is talked with Turkey.  But Finland was the big one.  They’re a highly capable addition to NATO, and sitting right on Moscow’s doorstep.  It means that Russian fantasies of recovering “historical Russia lands” will always remain just that - fantasies.
Really hard to understate what a disaster this is for Moscow.  That isn’t hyperbole.  Shit will go down over this, one way or the other.  It wouldn’t surprise me if, once the Russian power structure nuts up enough to move against Putin, this isn’t one of the big reasons.  It also wouldn’t surprise me if Putin decided to so something very, very foolish as a response.  It’s a strategic catastrophe and I don’t think Russia is completely rational right now.
I guess we’ll see if Moscow plays it cool to try to save face, or if they start waving missiles in Finland’s direction.
I’m going to have a nice scotch to celebrate tonight when I get home.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Ted will probably never be over Macho Grande...
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#48]
🪖#Bahmut!

➨ The main attacks of the Wagner mercenaries during the night were aimed at breaking through the defense of the Armed Forces along Mariupolska, Mir and Nezalezhnosti streets. Recorded variable success in the gray area.

➨ The number of enemy artillery and aircraft strikes has significantly decreased.

Source: @petrenko_IHS
Bakhmut. Life | Chat | Write to us

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/23266

🪖 #Bahmut!

As of this morning, it was possible to completely clear the street along Korsunskyi Wagner Street. This is confirmed both from there and by some videos that confirm this. I will post an OSINT analysis later

Source: @krvchkwar

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/23267

In the Bakhmut direction, the situation in general remains difficult

In the area of the T-0504 highway and the village of Ivanivnske, the Armed Forces of Ukraine conducted a successful counterattack overnight and pushed back the Wagner from several strong points, occupied the trenches and pushed back the Wagner to the positions they occupied a month ago

In the city center there are no changes, the situation remains difficult, but at this stage it is under control

The situation in the area of the "AZOM" plant has not changed

Source: @krvchkwar

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/23274

Good news about Bakhmut from our brothers. After the Wagners were pushed back a bit from the T0504 Bakhmut-Kostyantynivka route, we see an improvement in logistics. Not radically, but a little calmer and easier communication, despite the fact that it is still under the fire control of the orcs.

Source: @odshbr46

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/23281

📍#Bakhmut!

The situation is under control, the workers have little success in the industrial zone. They try to storm Korsunsky Street, but suffer huge losses. Other directions are unchanged.

Source: @ukrcadet

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/23292

Current news as of 03/30/2023

I can say that from yesterday to today the situation became very tense, the enemy began to storm, quite strongly.
Fierce battles in the center of Bakhmut, and in the southern part, where during a long period of assault actions the enemy still managed to advance a little.
There are minor advances in the southern part of the city, namely along Korsunsky Street.
In the central part, the enemy also advanced a little, along Nezalezhnosti Street and Miru Street, but I would not say that the advances are critical, although they are and now the situation is quite tense, urban battles are going on, tough, the enemy actually decided to do something, they threw a little meat, equipment, but now the situation is more or less controlled, but I would not say that it is very stable, because there are strong assaults, in fact, for a very long time, these assaults are probably the strongest, since the loss of Zabakhmutka.
But let's hold on, even though it's difficult, but if I do, I'll keep you informed, even though I write once every few days, but I think that many understand that there is not much opportunity and time, I write as soon as I get in touch ☺️
He hugged everyone, lifted them up, twisted them and put them in their place ❤️
Bakhmut Ukraine.

Source: Peredovych0k

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/23293

Bakhmut. Night.

General situation: still critical, but under control
The invaders were successful mainly in Bakhmut, approaching the center from the south.
Battles take place all along the same street. Korsunskyi and in adjacent sectors. The fight is on for every building.
Information about full control of the street does not correspond to reality.

But I cannot say that the enemy has achieved anything significant. Battles are taking place in the same neighborhoods as before. At the same time, the front line there is constantly changing. The Ivanovo and Khromovo regions are very, very difficult. The enemy is advancing little by little, unfortunately.
Moreover, the occupiers are getting stronger there. It is increasingly difficult to restrain them.

In the direction of Minkivka, the battles are no less difficult. The loss of the village will significantly worsen the position from the east of Chasy Yaru. While ours hold!
Key battles for Bakhmut and its surroundings continue these days. The Defense Forces demonstrate fantastic resilience and courage, which allows them to hold the city💪

Remember the price and help the Defense Forces as much as possible!🙏

Source: @myro_shnykov

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/23304

🪖 Bakhmut shade!

The main efforts of the enemy are directed to the center, south and north of Bakhmut. The enemy is trying to break through Central Street from the south. From the north, it is attacking the Rose Alley area, and in the center it is trying to advance along Pershina Street and towards the RDA.

Source: @DeepStateUA

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/23309

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:07:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#49]
ISW assessment for March 30th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-march-30-2023

Putin remains unlikely to deploy newly conscripted troops to participate in combat in Ukraine due to concerns for the stability of his regime. Chairman of the Russian State Duma Defense Committee Andrey Kartapolov stated on March 30 that spring conscripts will not deploy to Russian-occupied territories in Ukraine during the spring 2023 conscription cycle.[5] Kartapolov also noted that Russian forces will not conscript men from occupied territories.
View Quote

The start of the new conscription period, even with a slightly increased number of conscripts, may actually reduce Russian training capacity for reservists and other personnel recruited via crypto-mobilization campaigns. Russia has limited training capacity and allocating it to training conscripts who will not fight in 2023 deprives the Kremlin of the opportunity to train reservists and volunteers who would. The Kremlin may seek to increase its combat personnel in Ukraine by coercing spring 2022 conscripts who are finishing their one-year service into signing military contracts, since these freshly discharged conscriptions would need less additional training before deploying to Ukraine. It is far from clear how successful such an effort will be.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Without Ukraine, Moskovia has always been a vassal of another country. And looks like this is their fate...

https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/D4D22AQE7H5vW6fztmg/feedshare-shrink_480/0/1679902846686?e=1683158400&v=beta&t=LXN5gEf4tP9azOL8Mx_aYyu_ns5GtJyA7fRSOgQE5a0

By Volodymyr Kukharenko

Moskow was founded in 1147 by prince Yuri Dolgorukiy (he’s buried in Kyiv, you can come to his grave), so it was a late and remote colony of Rus (Ukraine). But 90 years later, in 1237, Moskow was taken by Golden Horde. Moskovia was paying tribute to Golden Horde for 240 years, and after the collapse of the Golden Horde, it became the vassal of Crimean Khans. Once (in 1571) they refused to pay tribute and got Moskow burned. They paid tribute till 1700. Almost 500 years vassal! But in 1648-1654 Ukrainians had war with Poland, and choose to ally with Moskovia. That was a big strategic mistake, as the alliance lasted less than 2 years, and eventually, Ukraine got divided between Moskovia and Poland in 1686. And that was a mistake for Poland, as about 100 years later Poland got divided between Moskovia, Prussia, and Austria.

Needless to say that it was done with the help of Ukrainian troops in the Moskovia army. So, having Ukrainians in their army, Moskovia (renamed to Russia in 1721) won many wars and grew much bigger. Napoleon Bonaparte once said, “Give me 20000 Ukrainian Cossacks in my army, and I would conquer the world”. In WW2, 25-40% of USSR casualties were Ukrainians. So when Putin says “we could do it alone”, that’s pathetic. By the way, do you know that the first Russian University ever was founded by Ukrainians and that in the early 1700ties tsar Peter 1st forced his nobility to eat with forks, not hands? They had no fleet before Ukrainians became part of their empire.

In 1918, Ukraine declared independence but lost in 1919. The history got repeated: Ukraine was divided between Poland and USSR, and 30 years later Poland was divided between USSR and Germany, and later Germany was divided between USSR, US and UK, then USSR wanted to win US but failed and collapsed. That is the lesson everyone should learn: Russia will always betray allies.

Now, Ukraine got independence again, and Russia wants it back. Because without Ukraine, they are no longer an empire capable of any conquests. Without Ukrainian resources, science, and industry, and, most importantly, warriors, they are a bunch of savages living in their past and doomed to decline.

I hope this time the world understands it that Ukraine is the difference between weak and strong Russia, and safety for everyone. And the circle of history is closing: Russia is becoming the vassal of China. Russia will sell gas and oil to China really cheaply, China will exploit Russian resources and sell its own goods to Russia, as Russia produces nothing. Chinese renamed 8 Russian cities near their borders into Chinese names, no usual Russian nukes threats in response. Russian women are marrying Chinese men because in Russia men are being killed, while in China they have 30 million lonely men. New Russian visa centers are being opened in China. So bye-bye Russia, hello Moskovia province again.

Also a good read: How Moscow Hijacked the History of the Kyivan-Rus

Like I've said here many times,  if you don't know the true history of Ukraine, you can never truly understand this conflict which is hundreds of years older than the USA.  The first mistake many make is believing that Russia is older than Ukraine.
View Quote

Fascinating, thanks.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3791 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top