Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3865 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Fuck me...so some dumb fucking incel dumped all this shit online to impress some gamer boys.. little dis he know he could be changing history due to his antics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
https://wapo.st/3UvaNTQ

Leaker of U.S. secret documents worked on military base, friend says

THE DISCORD LEAKS | The online group that received hundreds of pages of classified material included foreigners, members tell The Post

April 12, 2023 at 9:36 p.m. EDT

Click To View Spoiler

Fuck me...so some dumb fucking incel dumped all this shit online to impress some gamer boys.. little dis he know he could be changing history due to his antics.

Unlike that Reality Winner shithead, this one should be tried and placed in front of a firing squad.

Livestream it on Discord.

Maybe others will take the hint.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:21:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Scott] [#4]
I can’t see how that information should have ever been so widely available that a national guard enlisted airman at Cape Cod or wherever should have had access to it. GWOT made us sloppy. The Taliban, ISIS and Islamic fundamentalists in general don’t have a strong HUMINT program. The radical level of sharing that worked there is reckless against Russia, who is sloppy now but has a history of outplaying us in the Great Game. It’s suicidal against China, who has us penetrated thoroughly.

ETA: A lot of the info we saw released should never have been put in any slide deck. Locations of SAMs? The sort of Americans who need to look at that don’t need it in a slide deck for a briefing. They need to map it for analysis and then report if it’s effective to the people who need to know if we should send more, or train more, but have no need to see the locations.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Agreed, supposedly this is him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ftm-hkfXoAAhfBP?format=jpg&name=medium
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
New Leaked Documents Show Broad Infighting Among Russian Officials
The additional documents also suggest the breach of American intelligence agencies could contain far more material than previously believed.

https://archive.ph/BmFQT

The depth of the infighting inside the Russian government appears broader and deeper than previously understood, judging from a newly discovered cache of classified intelligence documents that has been leaked online.

The additional documents, which did not surface in a 53-page set that came to wide public attention online last week, paint a picture of the Russian government feuding over the count of the dead and wounded in the Ukraine war, with the domestic intelligence agency accusing the military of obscuring the scale of casualties that Russia has suffered.

The new batch, which contains 27 pages, reinforces how deeply American spy agencies have penetrated nearly every aspect of the Russian intelligence apparatus and military command structure. It also shows that the breach of American intelligence agencies could contain far more material than previously understood.

In one document, American intelligence officials say that Russia’s main domestic intelligence agency, the Federal Security Service, or F.S.B., has “accused” the country’s Defense Ministry “of obfuscating Russian casualties in Ukraine.” The finding highlights “the continuing reluctance of military officials to convey bad news up the chain of command,” they say.

F.S.B. officials, the document says, contend that the ministry’s toll did not include the dead and wounded among the Russian National Guard, the Wagner mercenary force or fighters fielded by Ramzan Kadyrov, the strongman leader of the southern Russian republic of Chechnya. The sundry fighting forces that the Kremlin has deployed in Ukraine have sometimes acted at cross purposes, further complicating Russia’s military effort.

The F.S.B. “calculated the actual number of Russians wounded and killed in action was closer to 110,000,” the document says.

The new documents also provide fresh details about a very public dispute in February in which Yevgeny V. Prigozhin, the business mogul who runs the Wagner force, accused Russian military officials of withholding urgently needed ammunition from his fighters. Mr. Putin attempted to resolve the dispute personally by calling Mr. Prigozhin and Mr. Shoigu into a meeting believed to have taken place on Feb. 22, one document reports.

“The meeting almost certainly concerned, at least in part, Prigozhin’s public accusations and resulting tension with Shoygu,” the document says, using an alternative transliteration of the minister’s name.

One slide that appears to have been produced by the military’s Joint Staff and dated Feb. 23 concludes that Russia has failed to disrupt the massive flow of Western arms and equipment into Ukraine since the start of the war, and asserts that the Kremlin’s battered military will not be able to change that anytime soon.

“During the next 6 months, Russia’s economic challenges and degraded conventional capabilities very likely will further impede its efforts, creating a mostly permissive environment for continued lethal aid deliveries,” the document said.

FFS!! they need to stop these fucking leaks...

It was just announced Gen Mark “Loose Lips” Milley is retiring this year. Coincidence? At 65 for a political animal that loves the limelight? Hmmm

Hopefully someone makes absolutely certain beyond a shadow of a doubt, that access to any and all documents is revoked the second his "retirement" is official.

Too damn many people walking around after leaving their .gov position with access IMHO.

Agreed, supposedly this is him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ftm-hkfXoAAhfBP?format=jpg&name=medium

Npr had the reporter that got the files talking about how the people on the channel were trying to set the record straight that they wanted to make certain everyone knew he wasn't a plant or a Russian spy and loves his country.

You could just hear the smile growing on the reporters face as he was explaining this and all I could think about was you dumbasses.  They topped it off with saying we don't know if the authorities know who it is, OF COURSE THEY KNOW!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
I can’t see how that information should have ever been so widely available that a national guard enlisted airman at Cape Cod or wherever should have had access to it. GWOT made us sloppy. The Taliban, ISIS and Islamic fundamentalists in general don’t have a strong HUMINT program. The radical level of sharing that worked there is reckless against Russia, who is sloppy now but has a history of outplaying us in the Great Game. It’s suicidal against China, who has us penetrated thoroughly.
View Quote
dude was probably on orders or detailed to support another mission set/agency x since he was at Bragg. Dude was in an intel unit based out of Mass. Not totally shocking. This was self-inflicted damage, not done by a FIS. Seems like the FIS piece comes in later with the doctored versions of the materials that were subsequently propagated.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MarineGrunt:
https://twitter.com/mschwirtz/status/1646544473361457153

Leaker found

Edit. Don’t know why my tweets never show… do you have to be a member?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:
I wonder how large of an area can be jammed. I'm not familiar with the inertial navigation systems of these weapons, but I am a little bit familiar with those on commercial airliners. It is my understanding that an inertial navigation system needs a good starting point in order to determine where it moved to, and if it is set using bad location data, it will never know where it really is.
View Quote

Inertial navigation on ground vehicles is pretty damn accurate, if the surveyors put you within a meter of your location when you start the system. On aircraft (or so I’m told) it’s more of a get you within visual range of the aircraft carrier at the end of the mission type thing. Thats one reason the newest high end guided air launched systems mostly have an intelligent seeker for terminal guidance.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

They should put it on tour and charge money for "selfies with a captured Russian T-90" and use the money to help fund the war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
More pictures:

https://i.imgur.com/XZnKvzK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/frwzA62.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4pcdN9Z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v8Dgwro.jpg

T-90A at a truck stop in Louisiana.

April 2023
They shipped a UA tank back here?

Any idea what the plans for it is?

They should put it on tour and charge money for "selfies with a captured Russian T-90" and use the money to help fund the war.

Transporting it uncovered is a big f-U to Russia. We got it and we want you to know we got it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Send it to me for…ugh..evaluation.

View All Quotes

Can't remember. Have they captured any T-14 Armata intact or semi-intact yet?

So few of them, maybe they weren't risked?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

A T-14 has never been photographed in Ukraine
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Not as of yet, but I'm still waiting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Assuming all the others were actually teens. Doesn’t sound like any met in person. So who knows who all were as they represented themselves on line?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

THE DISCORD LEAKS | The online group that received hundreds of pages of classified material included foreigners, members tell The Post

Click To View Spoiler

Wow. Great read and very believable.

At least he impressed some kids on the internet.

Assuming all the others were actually teens. Doesn’t sound like any met in person. So who knows who all were as they represented themselves on line?

Real question is how may Fed Boi's and from what agencys in that Discord group?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#16]
dude was probably on orders or detailed to support another mission set/agency x since he was at Bragg. Dude was in an intel unit based out of Mass. Not totally shocking. This was self-inflicted damage, not done by a FIS. Seems like the FIS piece comes in later with the doctored versions of the materials that were subsequently propagated.
View Quote

Agree, just…don’t know why this stuff is floating past a braggart like that. And I’m fundamentally concerned about allowing guys that young access to information. Young men are the backbone of the service, god bless them. But the same immaturity that we count on to get them to move to the sound of the guns sometimes is a liability sometimes. He isn’t be the first young man (or person of any age, but disproportionately young) that played with TS material to impress girls or boys. For this work I want someone middle aged, relatively free of insecurities, with a spouse or proven track record of acquiring sex or the respect of peers without having to expose the nations secrets.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#17]
The derpy is everywhere. Shawn Ryan's last guess was pro-weapons to Ukraine, and the comment section didn't appreciate a guest that didn't give them confirmation bias. Even his last guest, the CIA guy, had a fair analysis and acknowledged the benefits and the risk.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Maybe animosity. Certainly some nervousness. Just before Xiden got elected, Ukraine named him as an official suspect in one of their corruption probes, I think involving Burisma, Hunter, etc.

That all disappeared but if everything every got out, it would be hard to get re-elected in 24.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Exactly my thought too. I do not trust Biden to  NOT screw this up for Ukraine. He has animosity toward Ukraine.

Maybe animosity. Certainly some nervousness. Just before Xiden got elected, Ukraine named him as an official suspect in one of their corruption probes, I think involving Burisma, Hunter, etc.

That all disappeared but if everything every got out, it would be hard to get re-elected in 24.

Exactly. The dummies crying 10% ignore the fact that the Ukraine govt was investigating the corruption in Burisma (Hunter) and it was Biden that threatened them with stopping $1b of aid.

Biden never got money from Ukraine govt—he was using US aid as a bludgeon AGAINST Ukraine. He Is reluctantly allowing enough aid to trickle through to look like he is helping without giving Ukraine what it needs to win relatively quickly.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

Click To View Spoiler

Wow. Great read and very believable.

At least he impressed some kids on the internet.

lol, my thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

View Quote

I saw comments from an AFV engineer that the most recent examples of Armata still have what professionals recognize as details common to prototypical vehicles and it’s his expectation that they are years from working examples even without sanctions.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#21]

ETA: A lot of the info we saw released should never have been put in any slide deck. Locations of SAMs? The sort of Americans who need to look at that don’t need it in a slide deck for a briefing. They need to map it for analysis and then report if it’s effective to the people who need to know if we should send more, or train more, but have no need to see the locations.
View Quote

Agreed. For something like this to happen requires a whole lot of people to become sloppy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#23]

In Russia, the construction of 324 ships has stalled due to sanctions, - Dmitry Stoyanov, deputy general director of the profile research institute "Kurs".

“Today, more than 300 ships are being built, laid down, or under construction in Russia.
Such an unprecedented figure is due to the fact that some ships have been out of schedule since last year due to non-delivery of equipment by "unfriendly states," Stoyanov said at a forum in Arkhangelsk.

Stoyanov complained that shipbuilders do not have money to purchase equipment to replace the one that fell under the sanctions.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:39:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#24]
https://twitter.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1646552685846429697

This T-72B Obr.2022 is the champion of the ERA.
Even his ass is covered by K-1 and K-5 ERA modules.
Parade rehearsal in Ekaterinburg.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Exactly. The dummies crying 10% ignore the fact that the Ukraine govt was investigating the corruption in Burisma (Hunter) and it was Biden that threatened them with stopping $1b of aid.

Biden never got money from Ukraine govt—he was using US aid as a bludgeon AGAINST Ukraine. He Is reluctantly allowing enough aid to trickle through to look like he is helping without giving Ukraine what it needs to win relatively quickly.
View Quote

Biden has been off the Russian payroll for a while, I suspect he is slow rolling aid for other reasons. Personally I think he’s the same guy that was afraid to raid Abottabad and he’s afraid to smack the bear too hard. He’s mostly riding the train the national security establishment is driving.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#28]

They put that shit on everything over there.
View Quote
True
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Russians are gonna keep stepping on their dicks in the black sea.  Sooner or later someone will shoot back.

And NOT with shitty Russian missiles.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:
Originally Posted By Haub:
That would not have been good. Saved by poor maintaining or just... I cant...

Russians are gonna keep stepping on their dicks in the black sea.  Sooner or later someone will shoot back.

And NOT with shitty Russian missiles.

Most likely.

And then suddenly the world discovers the big scary Russia doesn’t launch a nuclear barrage when one of its fighters or ships are destroyed in response to their attack. And that Russia actually stops doing dumb dangerous shit when they get justifiably whacked hard.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By swede1986:

Agreed. For something like this to happen requires a whole lot of people to become sloppy.
View All Quotes

The Wall fell so we no longer had a need for serious counterintelligence. Everyone is friends now!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
We don't. According to the same sources western armor won't make a difference as T62s and T72s are far superior, have better guns, armor and optics.
View Quote

FFS

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#34]
It would be cool if they rappel down through his roof and fly out of there with him.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:26:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#35]
View Quote

I love Poland.

Girlie men of Europe do not fear! We will be your armory. We will be your forge. Arm yourselves like men of war.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Seeing some vids of a "pineapple" style (old school Mk2?)  grenade being dropped from drones.

It seems to have more explosive power than other small, grenade-type ordnance being dropped.

School me.

thnx

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#37]
It would be cool if they rappel down through his roof and fly out of there with him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtnPA-rakAAwR_d?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

If guilty he can go hang out with RebelGrey in Federal Pound-Me-in-the-Ass prison.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Maybe, but in Intel circles the first action you take is often not arresting them, feeding them what you want leaked can be a useful tool, and the other side will still treat the material coming in as top notch.  

It could be that 24 hours after he started searching for files outside of his need to know he came under investigation.

If this isn't the case, we have some serious problems with data access.
View Quote

"Even the cursed number is classified!"

DS9 Scenes - Quark tries to buy a highly classified device

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#39]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtnPA-rakAAwR_d?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#40]

Agree, just…don’t know why this stuff is floating past a braggart like that. And I’m fundamentally concerned about allowing guys that young access to information. Young men are the backbone of the service, god bless them. But the same immaturity that we count on to get them to move to the sound of the guns sometimes is a liability sometimes. He isn’t be the first young man (or person of any age, but disproportionately young) that played with TS material to impress girls or boys. For this work I want someone middle aged, relatively free of insecurities, with a spouse or proven track record of acquiring sex or the respect of peers without having to expose the nations secrets.
View All Quotes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he works in IT and has network admin or similar access. Very young guy and junior enlisted. Either he used a senior officer’s credentials to get access or he is in an IT support role and has it for that.

I can’t believe under any other circumstances such a junior guy would have such broad access.

Even corporations compartmentalize access to documents. And anything secret should be stored encrypted so that not just any IT person can peruse it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

They all broke down before crossing the border into Ukraine? All 6 they have LOL
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

More likely they still remember the T-62 desaster when they lost a prototype to the Chinese.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

More likely they still remember the T-62 desaster when they lost a prototype to the Chinese.
View Quote

Link to story?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#44]

View Quote
homeboy could have been tasked with cleaning up burn bag material in a large facility for all we know. That was one of the first tasks I had when I got to my first permanent party gig, red cycle started, and had just been given clearance. First shirt sent me to a/c hell for 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:51:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarineGrunt] [#45]

I wouldn’t be surprised if he works in IT and has network admin or similar access. Very young guy and junior enlisted. Either he used a senior officer’s credentials to get access or he is in an IT support role and has it for that.

I can’t believe under any other circumstances such a junior guy would have such broad access.
View All Quotes

Being IT won’t get you SAP access unless you are read into the program, which wouldn’t be the case for an A1C comm weenie. It would make sense that this guy is an intel analyst and had direct access to this related to his duties. You can’t be just any swingin dick and have access to this stuff. You have to either be read in or get the stuff from someone who is.  The DoD does a good job of locking down the high side electronically, however not much stops someone from printing shit out and taking it with them. That’s a big problem. And the argument that someone this green shouldn’t clearance for this stuff… I definitely think that holds water. Insurance companies wouldn’t even trust him to rent a car.. it might not be a bad idea to hold off on TS/SAP til one has a fully developed brain..
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By doc540:
Seeing some vids of a "pineapple" style (old school Mk2?)  grenade being dropped from drones.

It seems to have more explosive power than other small, grenade-type ordnance being dropped.

School me.

thnx

View Quote

It’s probably old enough to have black powder or some other higher smoke producing explosive than others.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Link to story?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Link to story?

@4xGM300m

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/cold-war/chinese-stole-soviet-tank-treasure-island.html?firefox=1
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#48]
We don't. According to the same sources western armor won't make a difference as T62s and T72s are far superior, have better guns, armor and optics.
View Quote
The ghost of Pierre Sprey lives on.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By doc540:

School me.

thnx

View Quote

It’s a Soviet F1 grenade. They have that same pineapple look.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I’d like to note all of the recent confusion and lack of updates.

Ukraine started to turn green and something happened.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3865 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top