Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3864 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:24:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coralreefer:

Am I the only one on here that is worried that there will be no Abrams in Ukraine this year????  The last info I saw was that the DOD hasn't even decided what stock's the Abrams will come from.  We saw pics of Ukrainian's training on Himars but zero pics of UKE's training on Abrams.  There has been no indication that we are in fact training them.  I'm super worried there will be zero Abrams participating in the upcoming offensive!!

View Quote

Abrams adoption isn't a cake walk to implement ... just like F16s ... going from Soviet to straight Western goodies isn't easy but Ukrainians have shown they can do rapidly ...

But still ... the Abrams is light years ahead of what they have currently ...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Mickdog13:

I get your point of view, but using those specific inlets is exactly the same bullshit the Russians used to target conservatives, more than likely on this very forum.

OG could easily be a Russian, recruiting Americans.
I’m sure the computer experts have hints already as to the legitimacy of this “leak” based on IP and ISP information.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fisherman:

True but the article seems to describe as useful fools, if not down right villians, this small group as exemplifying everything libs hate. They actually got every last bit of it in there. Gun-loving, Christian, anti-.gov, etc., etc. the list goes on.

Could some .gov agency be running the long con here? Never let a disaster go to waste?

Getting to the point where I don't believe anything...which may be a secondary objective.

I get your point of view, but using those specific inlets is exactly the same bullshit the Russians used to target conservatives, more than likely on this very forum.

I’m sure the computer experts have hints already as to the legitimacy of this “leak” based on IP and ISP information.

More likely OG was the guy who got suckered by a Russian operative pushing Putin as the defender of White Christendom against Globohomo west.  The fool is an arrogant prick and has to show what he knows for cred.  Russian sets the hook.  One of the earlier reports about the discord server content was “love of Orthodox Christianity.”  The idiot has committed treason and I’m sure he’ll be found soon and have that explained to him in excruciating detail.  They’ll find his handler too, at least the online interactions.
Just look at GD.  Any of them with access would do exactly that, or worse.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

They left off, "white", "Ultra-MAGA" and right wing nazi.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
anyone else think its strange there is this 'we found the leaker' reporting -- ascribed to be a God-loving, gun-toting male -- but no arrest or 'official' announcement by a LE org (i would assume the FBI...)   ???

------------------------------------

They got in racist and anti-semetic though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Russian TG listed off four new PMCs that were in various stages of activity.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Capta:

More likely OG was the guy who got suckered by a Russian operative pushing Putin as the defender of White Christendom against Globohomo west.  The fool is an arrogant prick and has to show what he knows for cred.  Russian sets the hook.  One of the earlier reports about the discord server content was “love of Orthodox Christianity.”  The idiot has committed treason and I’m sure he’ll be found soon and have that explained to him in excruciating detail.  They’ll find his handler too, at least the online interactions.
Just look at GD. Any of them with access would do exactly that, or worse.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By fisherman:

True but the article seems to describe as useful fools, if not down right villians, this small group as exemplifying everything libs hate. They actually got every last bit of it in there. Gun-loving, Christian, anti-.gov, etc., etc. the list goes on.

Could some .gov agency be running the long con here? Never let a disaster go to waste?

Getting to the point where I don't believe anything...which may be a secondary objective.

Just look at GD. Any of them with access would do exactly that, or worse.

I have no doubt that if given the opportunity, many here would commit treasonous acts like this if they thought it would hurt Ukraine and their domestic enemies.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Wow. The stupid of that OG guy is mind boggling. He even knew half the discord “family” were foreigners including Russia.

Sounds like with all the postings and interactions the feds will nail him soon. Apparently no earth shattering info bits but the gross abuse of access is inexcusable.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
https://wapo.st/3UvaNTQ

Leaker of U.S. secret documents worked on military base, friend says

THE DISCORD LEAKS | The online group that received hundreds of pages of classified material included foreigners, members tell The Post

April 12, 2023 at 9:36 p.m. EDT

Click To View Spoiler

Wow. The stupid of that OG guy is mind boggling. He even knew half the discord “family” were foreigners including Russia.

Sounds like with all the postings and interactions the feds will nail him soon. Apparently no earth shattering info bits but the gross abuse of access is inexcusable.

I would imagine they would be able to track him down via the Discord servers, even if deleted.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
anyone else think its strange there is this 'we found the leaker' reporting -- ascribed to be a God-loving, gun-toting male -- but no arrest or 'official' announcement by a LE org (i would assume the FBI...)   ???

yeah that's kinda my point.   like they purposely checked every conservative descriptor they could think of

as a poster mentioned above...  everything's conjecture at this point.  another odd thing i saw this morning -- one report said the leaker had been posting this info over a period of MONTHs.  

whole thing just seems weird.   then there's the whole 'is it even legit info' consideration.   this could be like 3d and 4d chess...  shaping the battlefield.   or not.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By coralreefer:

Am I the only one on here that is worried that there will be no Abrams in Ukraine this year????  The last info I saw was that the DOD hasn't even decided what stock's the Abrams will come from.  We saw pics of Ukrainian's training on Himars but zero pics of UKE's training on Abrams.  There has been no indication that we are in fact training them.  I'm super worried there will be zero Abrams participating in the upcoming offensive!!

View Quote
I have no idea
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
More pictures:

https://i.imgur.com/XZnKvzK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/frwzA62.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4pcdN9Z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v8Dgwro.jpg

T-90A at a truck stop in Louisiana.

April 2023
View Quote

Looks small.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#15]

The Ukrainians are flying comercial drones right over Russian EW stations but they are capable to jam JDAMs?

Interesting,...

View Quote

Jamming gps is different than jamming the control frequencies.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Haub:
That would not have been good. Saved by poor maintaining or just... I cant...

View Quote

Russians are gonna keep stepping on their dicks in the black sea.  Sooner or later someone will shoot back.

And NOT with shitty Russian missiles.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:19:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#17]
View All Quotes

There is thermal drone video, but I didn't have any context.  Holy crap!

It's terrible that we have to destroy our own city to destroy cockroaches.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

There is thermal drone video, but I didn't have any context.  Holy crap!

View Quote

Mother. Puss. Bucket!

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

The Fedbois either don’t have a name yet….and this article will lead them in the right direction….or they have the perp and are trying to evaluate how bad this is before they announce it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
-->US helping Europe with Ukraine is not likely to be reciprocated by the EU helping the US with Taiwan

I'm still 100% on the Fuck Russia, ATACMS for Ukraine lifestyle. But it's important to realize EU fondness of the US due to our support for Ukraine is already waning.

Outside of Britain, we really don't have any allies we can count on in Europe. We should be doing more to strengthen the British economically (such as granting them a NAFTA level access to the US market) and Militarily (say getting them discounted munitions and tech.)
View Quote

Asia Pacific is the ones who need to step up for Taiwan.  I would expect to see europe help, but much in the same way Asia Pacific has assisted in Ukraine, that is, to a much less degree as it isn't their fight.

Face it.  No one in Western Europe is a super power.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:46:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#21]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

The Fedbois either don’t have a name yet….and this article will lead them in the right direction….or they have the perp and are trying to evaluate how bad this is before they announce it.
View All Quotes

BellingCat also got ahold of the source and spoke to the same people a few days before the WaPo story hit.

Their days are very numbered.

Based on the profile I’d guess it is a young civilian analyst (perhaps a ctr) or a junior officer that lives in the DMV, Colorado, Georgia, or Texas. Doubt they live oconus. My hunch is they (not for much longer) work at DIA, JCS, or NSA. Maybe ODNI.

I’m sure we’ll find out sooner rather than later.

Also, keep in mind that a shit load of the IC workforce (on the ‘corporate’ side) was sent home during covid, so not at all surprising that idle hands were the devils workshop.

The only way this blows my mind if it was all a way to feed fake intel under a very plausible cover.

ETA: Well, sounds like they got a suspect. My guesses were off a bit. Oh well. What a stupid motherfucker.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#22]

“I do think there may be concern that the Russians may be jamming the signal used to direct the JDAMs, which would answer why these munitions are not performing in the manner expected and how they perform in other war zones,” said Mick Mulroy a former Pentagon official and retired CIA officer.

[/i]
View Quote

I am a bit confused why we even field a weapon that is so reliant on an easily jammed system.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

Blyat does mean "whore" literally. But when used as an expletive the correct translation would be "fuck!" or "shit!" since you don't yell "whore!" when you step on a Lego block.
Literal word by word translation vs understanding context is the reason why the auto-translated texts look so stilted.
View Quote

I do.  Well its more like cunt fuck shit goddamn whore ass titts.  I hate legos.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
They shipped a UA tank back here?

Any idea what the plans for it is?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
More pictures:

https://i.imgur.com/XZnKvzK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/frwzA62.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4pcdN9Z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v8Dgwro.jpg

T-90A at a truck stop in Louisiana.

April 2023
They shipped a UA tank back here?

Any idea what the plans for it is?

They should put it on tour and charge money for "selfies with a captured Russian T-90" and use the money to help fund the war.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#25]

End of his statement makes it sound like they are luring Russian forces forward and buying time by “retreating” (saving casualties).
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

I'm skeptical. There were reports that Russia was supplying Iraq with jammers during OIF and they did nothing but tell our folks where to bomb to kill the jammers.

Lots of variables to take into account like are these even the same tech, was the tech updated, JDAM now vs whatever munition used then, etc. but, massive grain of salt here given how lacking Russian wunder-weapons have been to date.

U.S. Bombs GPS-Jamming Sites In Iraq, Possibly Sold by Russia

Russian GPS Jammers Pose Little Threat In Iraq

Also, just a friendly reminder that data in the leaks are probably best regarded as misinformation given the fact st least some data has already been acknowledged as fraudulent, even if the source of the leaks is authentic.
View All Quotes
Russia jamming U.S. smart bombs in Ukraine, leaked docs say
A separate technical problem, since fixed, had been causing the munitions to fail.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/12/russia-jamming-u-s-smart-bombs-in-ukraine-leaked-docs-say-00091600

American-made smart bombs are falling victim to Russian electronic jamming in Ukraine, causing them to miss their targets, according to leaked documents and confirmed by a Defense Department official.

In some cases, the weapons were also failing to detonate due to a technical issue, which Ukrainian troops have since addressed.

The Pentagon in December began sending Kyiv advanced equipment that could convert unguided air-dropped munitions into precision-guided “smart bombs” that can hit Russian targets with a higher degree of accuracy.

The guided bombs can be launched by a variety of aircraft such as bombers and fighters, and are called Joint Direct Attack Munitions or JDAMs. The longer-range version being sent to Ukraine is called a JDAM-Extended Range, or JDAM-ER.

But the weapons have experienced higher-than-expected dud rates and have missed their targets on the battlefield, according to a leaked slide prepared by the Joint Staff and confirmed by a U.S. official, who was granted anonymity to discuss a sensitive issue.

In some cases, the bomb fuzes were not arming when they were released, causing the weapon to fail to detonate. The Ukrainian air force put in place a fix to ensure the bombs are arming correctly, according to the slide and the official.

A larger problem is that Russia is using GPS jamming to interfere with the weapons’ targeting process, according to the slide and a separate person familiar with the issue who’s not in the U.S. government. American officials believe Russian jamming is causing the JDAMs, and at times other American weapons such as guided rockets, to miss their mark.

“I do think there may be concern that the Russians may be jamming the signal used to direct the JDAMs, which would answer why these munitions are not performing in the manner expected and how they perform in other war zones,” said Mick Mulroy a former Pentagon official and retired CIA officer.

I'm skeptical. There were reports that Russia was supplying Iraq with jammers during OIF and they did nothing but tell our folks where to bomb to kill the jammers.

Lots of variables to take into account like are these even the same tech, was the tech updated, JDAM now vs whatever munition used then, etc. but, massive grain of salt here given how lacking Russian wunder-weapons have been to date.

U.S. Bombs GPS-Jamming Sites In Iraq, Possibly Sold by Russia

Russian GPS Jammers Pose Little Threat In Iraq

Also, just a friendly reminder that data in the leaks are probably best regarded as misinformation given the fact st least some data has already been acknowledged as fraudulent, even if the source of the leaks is authentic.

remember a month or so ago when the cheap drones were flying around the "sophisticated" russian radar/jammers and then dropping grenades on them?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Macron sure is doing a huge 180 lately.  China must pay pretty damn good. Guess Biden isn't rhe only one in on the China grift
View Quote

I think something that went by without to much fanfare was us undercutting the deal France had with Australia with subs. They were furious. I don't see it as much as being on china's payroll as much as "you backdoored us in the Pacific a few years ago? Cool we can be pissy at a date to be named later". Not sticking up for France but everything has consequences
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:27:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarineGrunt] [#28]
https://twitter.com/mschwirtz/status/1646544473361457153?s=20

Leaker found

Edit. Don’t know why my tweets never show… do you have to be a member?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By kncook:

End of his statement makes it sound like they are luring Russian forces forward and buying time by “retreating” (saving casualties).
View Quote

This would explain some of the back and forth in Bakhmut. Wagner fights for two days to get to a building, makes it their little FOB, then it blows up at night when they're all in the basement.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MarineGrunt:

Leaker found

View Quote

Why would an ANG member (of any form) be privy to any of that information? Or is he supposed to be a world class hacker?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Leaker found

View Quote

Delete everthing after the last number, starting with the Questionmark.

@MarineGrunt

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Haub:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq-a96-gOQp/

"Exactly one year ago, on April 13, 2022, the enemy cruiser “Moscow” was confidently in the territorial waters of Ukraine, near the Zmiinyi (Snake) Island.

A missile strike from the Ukrainian complex “Neptune” helped the flagship of the russian Black Sea fleet find a only possible course for a “Russian warship” - to the bottom.

According to the authors, the actual launch is on the video."
View Quote
wasn't it hit at night?  I remember reading about storms causing issue with "Russian" radar
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TiePilot69:

Why would an ANG member (of any form) be privy to any of that information? Or is he supposed to be a world class hacker?
View Quote

the plot thickens ...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

Well now, that's interesting.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog15:
https://wapo.st/3UvaNTQ

Leaker of U.S. secret documents worked on military base, friend says

THE DISCORD LEAKS | The online group that received hundreds of pages of classified material included foreigners, members tell The Post

April 12, 2023 at 9:36 p.m. EDT

Click To View Spoiler

Well now, that's interesting.

It's also kinda sad because it confirms that some of the leaks are legit.  Especially the analysis of Ukraine army and there ability to take back ground.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:38:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blueballs] [#35]
I need one of these:

A RPC.  Who doesn't want a rocket propelled chicken?

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:40:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarineGrunt] [#36]

View All Quotes

Leaker found

The guard goes through the same security background checks as any active duty counterpart. A large portion of guard is active duty as well. It’s not like these guys can walk on base and get access to anything. I’m not sure you realize that the guard actually does..?

Anyway… this was some little rat fucker A1C. 102IW - MA guard intel unit. Hope he hangs.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#37]

BellingCat also got ahold of the source and spoke to the same people a few days before the WaPo story hit.

Based on the profile I’d guess it is a young civilian analyst (perhaps a ctr) or a junior officer that lives in the DMV, Colorado, Georgia, or Texas. Doubt they live oconus. My hunch is they (not for much longer) work at DIA, JCS, or NSA. Maybe ODNI.

Also, keep in mind that a shit load of the IC workforce (on the ‘corporate’ side) was sent home during covid, so not at all surprising that idle hands were the devils workshop.

The only way this blows my mind if it was all a way to feed fake intel under a very plausible cover.
View All Quotes

I don't think the person that was the initial source of the info did much more than post it to the Discord group, likely for internet clout given his age, if the reports are accurate (and likely at a Russian agent's goading them into it). I'd be pretty surprised if he was the one that manipulated the data and then more widely distributed it given how, as mentioned, the data tries to make the US/Coalition/Ukraine look bad while making Russia look better off. One of the articles acknowledged there were a number of known Russians in the group the source belonged to and I'm sure that was the pipeline to Russian special services who made the changes and further disseminated it to bring us to where we are now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#38]

@MarineGrunt
View All Quotes

Leaker found

@MarineGrunt

Sometimes they don't show at all, that's happened a lot lately.
If you see AT or I posting a URL instead of the usual tweet, that's why.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#39]

It depends on the jamming system, but even if it's say 100km jamming bubble from the target, the idea is that a high quality inertial system will still be able to use the last good GPS data signal before the jamming to still reliably hit that target.

Even though the weapon shown here is 3.5 million dollars, the idea of it having to work in a large GPS denied environment is a big selling point.  At 2:27 in the video, the system encounters both a communications and gps jamming environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h449oIjg2kY

View All Quotes

I always wondered about that; seems like that would be priority number 1 for any country we're at war with. It's hard to believe that our side hasn't thought of this and doesn't have a solution in place already - but I'm certainly no expert.

It depends on the jamming system, but even if it's say 100km jamming bubble from the target, the idea is that a high quality inertial system will still be able to use the last good GPS data signal before the jamming to still reliably hit that target.

Even though the weapon shown here is 3.5 million dollars, the idea of it having to work in a large GPS denied environment is a big selling point.  At 2:27 in the video, the system encounters both a communications and gps jamming environment.

So I remember hearing in the early aughts that china was looking at denial systems and both gps and sat coms.came.uo.as.a.way to sever our ability to fight.  Seems like we have negated the first but has there been exploration if they knock down some of our sats?  I realize there is a lot especially with starlink.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Ukrainian intelligence has already determined who is behind the brutal murder of Ukrainian soldier.

This was stated by Ombudsman Dmytro Lubynets after his meetings with intelligence officers. Although he did not specify whether these were Wagner mercenaries, he shared that the intelligence has assumptions about the location of the incident, as well as data on the individuals who were directly involved in this wrongdoing, including the perpetrator.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:47:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#41]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

So I remember hearing in the early aughts that china was looking at denial systems and both gps and sat coms.came.uo.as.a.way to sever our ability to fight.  Seems like we have negated the first but has there been exploration if they knock down some of our sats?  I realize there is a lot especially with starlink.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:

I always wondered about that; seems like that would be priority number 1 for any country we're at war with. It's hard to believe that our side hasn't thought of this and doesn't have a solution in place already - but I'm certainly no expert.

Oh yes, there is interesting stuff we have as options that can be done if China attempts ASAT against our stuff.  

https://warontherocks.com/2020/07/america-can-protect-its-satellites-without-kinetic-space-weapons/

https://spacenews.com/u-s-space-force-declares-offensive-communications-jammer-ready-for-deployment/

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#42]

I don't think the person that was the initial source of the info did much more than post it to the Discord group, likely for internet clout given his age, if the reports are accurate (and likely at a Russian agent's goading them into it). I'd be pretty surprised if he was the one that manipulated the data and then more widely distributed it given how, as mentioned, the data tries to make the US/Coalition/Ukraine look bad while making Russia look better off. One of the articles acknowledged there were a number of known Russians in the group the source belonged to and I'm sure that was the pipeline to Russian special services who made the changes and further disseminated it to bring us to where we are now.
View All Quotes

That’s what it sounds like. He still needs to hang regardless. I had a good feeling these leaks may have been legit when I saw they were pictures taken of documents. I worked in a secure area for several years and it would be pretty easy to print something off the high side, fold it in your pocket then take it home with you. Too easy actually.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#43]

It was just announced Gen Mark “Loose Lips” Milley is retiring this year. Coincidence? At 65 for a political animal that loves the limelight? Hmmm
View All Quotes
New Leaked Documents Show Broad Infighting Among Russian Officials
The additional documents also suggest the breach of American intelligence agencies could contain far more material than previously believed.

https://archive.ph/BmFQT

The depth of the infighting inside the Russian government appears broader and deeper than previously understood, judging from a newly discovered cache of classified intelligence documents that has been leaked online.

The additional documents, which did not surface in a 53-page set that came to wide public attention online last week, paint a picture of the Russian government feuding over the count of the dead and wounded in the Ukraine war, with the domestic intelligence agency accusing the military of obscuring the scale of casualties that Russia has suffered.

The new batch, which contains 27 pages, reinforces how deeply American spy agencies have penetrated nearly every aspect of the Russian intelligence apparatus and military command structure. It also shows that the breach of American intelligence agencies could contain far more material than previously understood.

In one document, American intelligence officials say that Russia’s main domestic intelligence agency, the Federal Security Service, or F.S.B., has “accused” the country’s Defense Ministry “of obfuscating Russian casualties in Ukraine.” The finding highlights “the continuing reluctance of military officials to convey bad news up the chain of command,” they say.

F.S.B. officials, the document says, contend that the ministry’s toll did not include the dead and wounded among the Russian National Guard, the Wagner mercenary force or fighters fielded by Ramzan Kadyrov, the strongman leader of the southern Russian republic of Chechnya. The sundry fighting forces that the Kremlin has deployed in Ukraine have sometimes acted at cross purposes, further complicating Russia’s military effort.

The F.S.B. “calculated the actual number of Russians wounded and killed in action was closer to 110,000,” the document says.

The new documents also provide fresh details about a very public dispute in February in which Yevgeny V. Prigozhin, the business mogul who runs the Wagner force, accused Russian military officials of withholding urgently needed ammunition from his fighters. Mr. Putin attempted to resolve the dispute personally by calling Mr. Prigozhin and Mr. Shoigu into a meeting believed to have taken place on Feb. 22, one document reports.

“The meeting almost certainly concerned, at least in part, Prigozhin’s public accusations and resulting tension with Shoygu,” the document says, using an alternative transliteration of the minister’s name.

One slide that appears to have been produced by the military’s Joint Staff and dated Feb. 23 concludes that Russia has failed to disrupt the massive flow of Western arms and equipment into Ukraine since the start of the war, and asserts that the Kremlin’s battered military will not be able to change that anytime soon.

“During the next 6 months, Russia’s economic challenges and degraded conventional capabilities very likely will further impede its efforts, creating a mostly permissive environment for continued lethal aid deliveries,” the document said.

FFS!! they need to stop these fucking leaks...

It was just announced Gen Mark “Loose Lips” Milley is retiring this year. Coincidence? At 65 for a political animal that loves the limelight? Hmmm

Hopefully someone makes absolutely certain beyond a shadow of a doubt, that access to any and all documents is revoked the second his "retirement" is official.

Too damn many people walking around after leaving their .gov position with access IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:

Hopefully someone makes absolutely certain beyond a shadow of a doubt, that access to any and all documents is revoked the second his "retirement" is official.

Too damn many people walking around after leaving their .gov position with access IMHO.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:
New Leaked Documents Show Broad Infighting Among Russian Officials
The additional documents also suggest the breach of American intelligence agencies could contain far more material than previously believed.

https://archive.ph/BmFQT

The depth of the infighting inside the Russian government appears broader and deeper than previously understood, judging from a newly discovered cache of classified intelligence documents that has been leaked online.

The additional documents, which did not surface in a 53-page set that came to wide public attention online last week, paint a picture of the Russian government feuding over the count of the dead and wounded in the Ukraine war, with the domestic intelligence agency accusing the military of obscuring the scale of casualties that Russia has suffered.

The new batch, which contains 27 pages, reinforces how deeply American spy agencies have penetrated nearly every aspect of the Russian intelligence apparatus and military command structure. It also shows that the breach of American intelligence agencies could contain far more material than previously understood.

In one document, American intelligence officials say that Russia’s main domestic intelligence agency, the Federal Security Service, or F.S.B., has “accused” the country’s Defense Ministry “of obfuscating Russian casualties in Ukraine.” The finding highlights “the continuing reluctance of military officials to convey bad news up the chain of command,” they say.

F.S.B. officials, the document says, contend that the ministry’s toll did not include the dead and wounded among the Russian National Guard, the Wagner mercenary force or fighters fielded by Ramzan Kadyrov, the strongman leader of the southern Russian republic of Chechnya. The sundry fighting forces that the Kremlin has deployed in Ukraine have sometimes acted at cross purposes, further complicating Russia’s military effort.

The F.S.B. “calculated the actual number of Russians wounded and killed in action was closer to 110,000,” the document says.

The new documents also provide fresh details about a very public dispute in February in which Yevgeny V. Prigozhin, the business mogul who runs the Wagner force, accused Russian military officials of withholding urgently needed ammunition from his fighters. Mr. Putin attempted to resolve the dispute personally by calling Mr. Prigozhin and Mr. Shoigu into a meeting believed to have taken place on Feb. 22, one document reports.

“The meeting almost certainly concerned, at least in part, Prigozhin’s public accusations and resulting tension with Shoygu,” the document says, using an alternative transliteration of the minister’s name.

One slide that appears to have been produced by the military’s Joint Staff and dated Feb. 23 concludes that Russia has failed to disrupt the massive flow of Western arms and equipment into Ukraine since the start of the war, and asserts that the Kremlin’s battered military will not be able to change that anytime soon.

“During the next 6 months, Russia’s economic challenges and degraded conventional capabilities very likely will further impede its efforts, creating a mostly permissive environment for continued lethal aid deliveries,” the document said.

FFS!! they need to stop these fucking leaks...

Agreed, supposedly this is him.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:02:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#45]
Posted 3 hrs ago, translated video in tweet.

tldr:  The Russians cannot encircle Bakhmut, and the Ukrainians no longer have a shortage of artillery.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Damn, completely missed this.

Thanks!

View All Quotes

You must have missed this article I posted yesterday.

Damn, completely missed this.

Thanks!

Yw! No worries, I miss alot in this thread also lol. I play catch up most the time
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By apr67:

I do.  Well its more like cunt fuck shit goddamn whore ass titts.  I hate legos.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By voyager3:

Blyat does mean "whore" literally. But when used as an expletive the correct translation would be "fuck!" or "shit!" since you don't yell "whore!" when you step on a Lego block.
Literal word by word translation vs understanding context is the reason why the auto-translated texts look so stilted.

Hot wheels can be worse.  Still spikey on top, metal, and wheels to move under your foot when you step on them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

They should put it on tour and charge money for "selfies with a captured Russian T-90" and use the money to help fund the war.
View Quote
They should let me and some friends use it for some troll videos. I could have some much fun with a bit of permission.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#49]

Odd pattern indeed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:
It’s interesting that all of the news stories coming out of “leaks” are all about failures of US systems, Ukrainian failures, and Russian successes.

Odd pattern indeed.

My offer for a friendly pmag bet is still open it’s all a psyop. It’s just too fucked up and pro Russian. The fact that he had “TS” info was my last straw. And probably sap stuff that just didn’t have the markings in the picture.

If it’s real, yea hang him like Fadedsun said. And lift an eyebrow at the kind of kids you hire today.

But to do any number of the things he did to make his posts possible is like paychopath level judgement or…. A disinfo campaign.

The worrisom part is this is setting up them to go after forums just like this one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Several steam powered liberty ships still exist, and still make at least yearly voyages.  I think the knowledge exists if it was really needed.  However, even more than that, we have tugs so even if the ships couldn't motivate themselves, they could still be moved and mess stuff up.  

However this is all academic because its not going to happen.
View All Quotes

You underestimate the complexity of those old steam power plants. Even for the boilers, there is a whole host of systems that together makes it all work. The manuals have the basics, but there is a lot of institutional knowledge that doesn’t get in them. Some of the ratings that handled aspects of the plant were discontinued decades ago. They can pull MMs and EMs from boats, but IIRC the last conventional steam plant was on the Kitty Hawk, decommissioned in 2009. I’m sure they would be able to find some retired BTs who would leap at the chance to come back and light off boilers one more time, they will need them to train a crew to run them right. Great Lakes once had such a plant built on shore to train MMs and BTs, I doubt it’s still there now.

Several steam powered liberty ships still exist, and still make at least yearly voyages.  I think the knowledge exists if it was really needed.  However, even more than that, we have tugs so even if the ships couldn't motivate themselves, they could still be moved and mess stuff up.  

However this is all academic because its not going to happen.

The knowledge, of course, exists…..never said it didn’t. The training and education pipeline that once sent newly minted BTs to the Fleet, OTOH, does not. That capability would have to be re-built from scratch. For four ships. And until that pipeline was rebuilt, they would have to recruit retirees to operate the ships, as well as serve as instructors in the reconstituted BT “A” School as well as advanced training schools.

Yes, it is academic, which mystifies me why you keep insisting that it can be easily done by RTFM or because some volunteers run some triple expansion steam plants on museum ships (which, don’t get me wrong is super cool in its own right).
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3864 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top