Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3863 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

^^This^^
I don't want to paint with too broad of a brush, but the US has so many "interests" that it can't please everyone. No wonder why most of our policies look "half-assed". Regarding Ukraine and the US policy, sure looks like a half-blind, non-binary squirrel is finding an acorn. I can only hope this aligning of the stars happens more often.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Isolationism is something we have tried as a nation, and failed miserably at, throughout our history.   "Isolationism" and "Not going off half-cocked everywhere as some kind of self-appointed World Police" are two different things.  Ukraine, though our policy is far from perfect, is probably one of the best applications of American military/diplomatic/economic power in the last 20 years.

^^This^^
I don't want to paint with too broad of a brush, but the US has so many "interests" that it can't please everyone. No wonder why most of our policies look "half-assed". Regarding Ukraine and the US policy, sure looks like a half-blind, non-binary squirrel is finding an acorn. I can only hope this aligning of the stars happens more often.

Exactly my thought too. I do not trust Biden to  NOT screw this up for Ukraine. He has animosity toward Ukraine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By fike:
It’s interesting that all of the news stories coming out of “leaks” are all about failures of US systems, Ukrainian failures, and Russian successes.
View Quote

Odd pattern indeed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:20:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:21:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#4]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

From the I believe RUSI analysis of the initial invasion, Russian EW was almost too good: it was jamming the invasion forces comms as well.

Here's an article on that:

https://archive.ph/YzbWg

In the first days of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Russian jamming disrupted Ukraine's air-defense radars and communications links. The problem for Russian forces is that their electronic warfare also jammed their own communications.

This "electronic fratricide" became so acute that Russian troops had to stop disrupting Ukrainian communications, according to a study by the Royal United Services Institute, a British think tank.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Russia jamming U.S. smart bombs in Ukraine, leaked docs say
A separate technical problem, since fixed, had been causing the munitions to fail.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/12/russia-jamming-u-s-smart-bombs-in-ukraine-leaked-docs-say-00091600

American-made smart bombs are falling victim to Russian electronic jamming in Ukraine, causing them to miss their targets, according to leaked documents and confirmed by a Defense Department official.

In some cases, the weapons were also failing to detonate due to a technical issue, which Ukrainian troops have since addressed.

The Pentagon in December began sending Kyiv advanced equipment that could convert unguided air-dropped munitions into precision-guided “smart bombs” that can hit Russian targets with a higher degree of accuracy.

The guided bombs can be launched by a variety of aircraft such as bombers and fighters, and are called Joint Direct Attack Munitions or JDAMs. The longer-range version being sent to Ukraine is called a JDAM-Extended Range, or JDAM-ER.

But the weapons have experienced higher-than-expected dud rates and have missed their targets on the battlefield, according to a leaked slide prepared by the Joint Staff and confirmed by a U.S. official, who was granted anonymity to discuss a sensitive issue.

In some cases, the bomb fuzes were not arming when they were released, causing the weapon to fail to detonate. The Ukrainian air force put in place a fix to ensure the bombs are arming correctly, according to the slide and the official.

A larger problem is that Russia is using GPS jamming to interfere with the weapons’ targeting process, according to the slide and a separate person familiar with the issue who’s not in the U.S. government. American officials believe Russian jamming is causing the JDAMs, and at times other American weapons such as guided rockets, to miss their mark.

“I do think there may be concern that the Russians may be jamming the signal used to direct the JDAMs, which would answer why these munitions are not performing in the manner expected and how they perform in other war zones,” said Mick Mulroy a former Pentagon official and retired CIA officer.

I'm skeptical. There were reports that Russia was supplying Iraq with jammers during OIF and they did nothing but tell our folks where to bomb to kill the jammers.

Lots of variables to take into account like are these even the same tech, was the tech updated, JDAM now vs whatever munition used then, etc. but, massive grain of salt here given how lacking Russian wunder-weapons have been to date.

U.S. Bombs GPS-Jamming Sites In Iraq, Possibly Sold by Russia

Russian GPS Jammers Pose Little Threat In Iraq

Also, just a friendly reminder that data in the leaks are probably best regarded as misinformation given the fact st least some data has already been acknowledged as fraudulent, even if the source of the leaks is authentic.

Russian EW warfare has made leaps and bounds since the Iraq war.  That is one area they have spent a ton of money on. they are pretty good at EW

From the I believe RUSI analysis of the initial invasion, Russian EW was almost too good: it was jamming the invasion forces comms as well.

In the first days of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Russian jamming disrupted Ukraine's air-defense radars and communications links. The problem for Russian forces is that their electronic warfare also jammed their own communications.

This "electronic fratricide" became so acute that Russian troops had to stop disrupting Ukrainian communications, according to a study by the Royal United Services Institute, a British think tank.

There have been poss in here from Russians complaining they don’t have comms because their EW is running. Or that their EW is not keeping the drones out because it has to be down for some comms coordinated movement.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

There have been poss in here from Russians complaining they don’t have comms because their EW is running. Or that their EW is not keeping the drones out because it has to be down for some comms coordinated movement.
View All Quotes
A separate technical problem, since fixed, had been causing the munitions to fail.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/12/russia-jamming-u-s-smart-bombs-in-ukraine-leaked-docs-say-00091600

American-made smart bombs are falling victim to Russian electronic jamming in Ukraine, causing them to miss their targets, according to leaked documents and confirmed by a Defense Department official.

In some cases, the weapons were also failing to detonate due to a technical issue, which Ukrainian troops have since addressed.

The Pentagon in December began sending Kyiv advanced equipment that could convert unguided air-dropped munitions into precision-guided “smart bombs” that can hit Russian targets with a higher degree of accuracy.

The guided bombs can be launched by a variety of aircraft such as bombers and fighters, and are called Joint Direct Attack Munitions or JDAMs. The longer-range version being sent to Ukraine is called a JDAM-Extended Range, or JDAM-ER.

But the weapons have experienced higher-than-expected dud rates and have missed their targets on the battlefield, according to a leaked slide prepared by the Joint Staff and confirmed by a U.S. official, who was granted anonymity to discuss a sensitive issue.

In some cases, the bomb fuzes were not arming when they were released, causing the weapon to fail to detonate. The Ukrainian air force put in place a fix to ensure the bombs are arming correctly, according to the slide and the official.

A larger problem is that Russia is using GPS jamming to interfere with the weapons’ targeting process, according to the slide and a separate person familiar with the issue who’s not in the U.S. government. American officials believe Russian jamming is causing the JDAMs, and at times other American weapons such as guided rockets, to miss their mark.

“I do think there may be concern that the Russians may be jamming the signal used to direct the JDAMs, which would answer why these munitions are not performing in the manner expected and how they perform in other war zones,” said Mick Mulroy a former Pentagon official and retired CIA officer.

I'm skeptical. There were reports that Russia was supplying Iraq with jammers during OIF and they did nothing but tell our folks where to bomb to kill the jammers.

Lots of variables to take into account like are these even the same tech, was the tech updated, JDAM now vs whatever munition used then, etc. but, massive grain of salt here given how lacking Russian wunder-weapons have been to date.

Also, just a friendly reminder that data in the leaks are probably best regarded as misinformation given the fact st least some data has already been acknowledged as fraudulent, even if the source of the leaks is authentic.

Russian EW warfare has made leaps and bounds since the Iraq war.  That is one area they have spent a ton of money on. they are pretty good at EW

Yea Ukraine is now having to use much more expensive military grade drones for reconnaissance. Which they have much fewer of.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#6]

You must have missed this article I posted yesterday.
View Quote

Damn, completely missed this.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:30:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fisherman] [#7]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Wow. Great read and very believable.

At least he impressed some kids on the internet.

View Quote

True but the article seems to describe as useful fools, if not down right villians, this small group as exemplifying everything libs hate. They actually got every last bit of it in there. Gun-loving, Christian, anti-.gov, etc., etc. the list goes on.

Could some .gov agency be running the long con here? Never let a disaster go to waste?

Getting to the point where I don't believe anything...which may be a secondary objective.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:13:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fisherman:

True but the article seems to describe as useful fools, if not down right villians, this small group as exemplifying everything libs hate. They actually got every last bit of it in there. Gun-loving, Christian, anti-.gov, etc., etc. the list goes on.

Could some .gov agency be running the long con here? Never let a disaster go to waste?

Getting to the point where I don't believe anything...which may be a secondary objective.
View Quote

But to offer a counterpoint, the bit on the Gov't allowing a mass shooting in exchange for funding is, well, so elitist government. See, that type of thought process is not just limited to politicians and high ranking military.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

This is a welcome finding. Hopefully they can overcome the jamming to return to full functionality of the Jdams. This is a big tip of the cards by Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theskuh:

The Pentagon in December began sending Kyiv advanced equipment that could convert unguided air-dropped munitions into precision-guided "smart bombs" that can hit Russian targets with a higher degree of accuracy.

A larger problem is that Russia is using GPS jamming to interfere with the weapons' targeting process, according to the slide and a separate person familiar with the issue who's not in the U.S. government. American officials believe Russian jamming is causing the JDAMs, and at times other American weapons such as guided rockets, to miss their mark.

"I do think there may be concern that the Russians may be jamming the signal used to direct the JDAMs, which would answer why these munitions are not performing in the manner expected and how they perform in other war zones," said Mick Mulroy a former Pentagon official and retired CIA officer.

This is a welcome finding. Hopefully they can overcome the jamming to return to full functionality of the Jdams. This is a big tip of the cards by Russia.

I don't believe this report at all.  There may have been duds and Ukraine had to adapt something to make sure they are armed.  But all of our systems are specifically built for a GPS denied environment.  The intertial guidance on those kits should still get the weapon literally inches from where the GPS would have if the weapon had access to a GPS signal.

It is amusing to me that these leaked reports are all negatives about Ukraine and the U.S. and nothing actually exciting.

My rant for today.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

I always wondered about that; seems like that would be priority number 1 for any country we're at war with. It's hard to believe that our side hasn't thought of this and doesn't have a solution in place already - but I'm certainly no expert.
View All Quotes

The Pentagon in December began sending Kyiv advanced equipment that could convert unguided air-dropped munitions into precision-guided "smart bombs" that can hit Russian targets with a higher degree of accuracy.

A larger problem is that Russia is using GPS jamming to interfere with the weapons' targeting process, according to the slide and a separate person familiar with the issue who's not in the U.S. government. American officials believe Russian jamming is causing the JDAMs, and at times other American weapons such as guided rockets, to miss their mark.

"I do think there may be concern that the Russians may be jamming the signal used to direct the JDAMs, which would answer why these munitions are not performing in the manner expected and how they perform in other war zones," said Mick Mulroy a former Pentagon official and retired CIA officer.

I always wondered about that; seems like that would be priority number 1 for any country we're at war with. It's hard to believe that our side hasn't thought of this and doesn't have a solution in place already - but I'm certainly no expert.

Well your correct, it was the first priority when making the systems and we created a few neat ways to ensure the receiver can still get the GPS signal even in a heavy jamming environment.  If it is jammed, it falls back to a pretty accurate inertial system.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By fike:
It’s interesting that all of the news stories coming out of “leaks” are all about failures of US systems, Ukrainian failures, and Russian successes.
View Quote

Yep, very interesting and convenient for Russia and all U.S. enemies.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:45:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Haub] [#13]
That would not have been good. Saved by poor maintaining or just... I cant...

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

since you don't yell "whore!" when you step on a Lego block.
View Quote
Speak for yourself
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
More pictures:

https://i.imgur.com/XZnKvzK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/frwzA62.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4pcdN9Z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v8Dgwro.jpg

T-90A at a truck stop in Louisiana.

April 2023
View Quote
I'm relatively sure this is the same tank captured a while back.

Ukrainian Colonel captures and drives off with Russian T-90 tank

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Looks like an Excalibur round hit to me, but the GPS if jammed still got it close enough.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Nobody should be shocked on the description. People are influenced by peer groups and as more lives are lived online, that has been replaced by anonymous communities. Like peer groups, they form standards for acceptance and the members must show allegiance to those ideals. That is the whole point of virtue signaling. We see it everyday in GD. To learn that someone outwardly presented “all the checked boxes” is to be expected.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Plus the idea that someone may have known what these guys were up to and had them all fed false information that they thought they were leaking as for real classified documents.  Gamers online leave huge crumb trails to follow and lots of text, in game chatrooms, etc. to see where everything leads.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:06:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Haub] [#20]
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq-a96-gOQp/

"Exactly one year ago, on April 13, 2022, the enemy cruiser “Moscow” was confidently in the territorial waters of Ukraine, near the Zmiinyi (Snake) Island.

A missile strike from the Ukrainian complex “Neptune” helped the flagship of the russian Black Sea fleet find a only possible course for a “Russian warship” - to the bottom.

According to the authors, the actual launch is on the video."
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By klinc:

I'll be sure to send the first one I come across to my Dad who sat at the gunners sight of an M1 in Germany in the 80s.
View Quote

Is there any word on if there will be Abrams in Ukraine by this summer?  I have not seen anything recently regarding Abrams and am skeptical we will supply them this year.  Hope I am wrong.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Haub:

View Quote

lol

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Well your correct, it was the first priority when making the systems and we created a few neat ways to ensure the receiver can still get the GPS signal even in a heavy jamming environment.  If it is jammed, it falls back to a pretty accurate inertial system.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I wonder how large of an area can be jammed. I'm not familiar with the inertial navigation systems of these weapons, but I am a little bit familiar with those on commercial airliners. It is my understanding that an inertial navigation system needs a good starting point in order to determine where it moved to, and if it is set using bad location data, it will never know where it really is.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
https://wapo.st/3UvaNTQ

Leaker of U.S. secret documents worked on military base, friend says

THE DISCORD LEAKS | The online group that received hundreds of pages of classified material included foreigners, members tell The Post

April 12, 2023 at 9:36 p.m. EDT

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Well now, that's interesting.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:27:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#25]
anyone else think its strange there is this 'we found the leaker' reporting -- ascribed to be a God-loving, gun-toting male -- but no arrest or 'official' announcement by a LE org (i would assume the FBI...)   ???

------------------------------------
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
anyone else think its strange there is this 'we found the leaker' reporting -- ascribed to be a God-loving, gun-toting male -- but no arrest or 'official' announcement by a LE org (i would assume the FBI...)   ???

View Quote

Fully expected . . . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

I recall this. I had this partially in mind when I made my post. I'm not necessarily saying they haven't made improvements, just that things like past and current information like this should be weighed when considering info, especially when that info is known to have come from a compromised source.

Regardless, even if it is true, it seems that Ukraine has already negated it and I'm sure we have that same info now too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

The most Russian story of the day

International incident caused by Russian incompetence avoided by Russian incompetence..
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:
I wonder how large of an area can be jammed. I'm not familiar with the inertial navigation systems of these weapons, but I am a little bit familiar with those on commercial airliners. It is my understanding that an inertial navigation system needs a good starting point in order to determine where it moved to, and if it is set using bad location data, it will never know where it really is.
View Quote

It knows where it is because it knows where it isn't.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#31]

THE DISCORD LEAKS | The online group that received hundreds of pages of classified material included foreigners, members tell The Post

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Should have been released on April 1st.  This is obviously nothing more that bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#32]
More pictures:

April 2023
View Quote

We've gotten alot more than just functional T-90's out of this. The foreign material exploitation value on things like SHORAD/SAM/Radar systems alone has been worth what we've paid so far.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

You underestimate the complexity of those old steam power plants. Even for the boilers, there is a whole host of systems that together makes it all work. The manuals have the basics, but there is a lot of institutional knowledge that doesn’t get in them. Some of the ratings that handled aspects of the plant were discontinued decades ago. They can pull MMs and EMs from boats, but IIRC the last conventional steam plant was on the Kitty Hawk, decommissioned in 2009. I’m sure they would be able to find some retired BTs who would leap at the chance to come back and light off boilers one more time, they will need them to train a crew to run them right. Great Lakes once had such a plant built on shore to train MMs and BTs, I doubt it’s still there now.
View Quote

Several steam powered liberty ships still exist, and still make at least yearly voyages.  I think the knowledge exists if it was really needed.  However, even more than that, we have tugs so even if the ships couldn't motivate themselves, they could still be moved and mess stuff up.  

However this is all academic because its not going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:51:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#34]

View Quote

It depends on the jamming system, but even if it's say 100km jamming bubble from the target, the idea is that a high quality inertial system will still be able to use the last good GPS data signal before the jamming to still reliably hit that target.

Even though the weapon shown here is 3.5 million dollars, the idea of it having to work in a large GPS denied environment is a big selling point.  At 2:27 in the video, the system encounters both a communications and gps jamming environment.

Long Range Anti-Ship Missile (LRASM)

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#35]

I don’t think any of that is new. France has forever skirted sanctions, tried to control EU, and do business with every pariah nation.

Those are all words to try to distract from his shameful groveling on knees to China and being humiliated by Xi. France has agreed to become an economic vassal and had to pay homage to its new master.

Honestly I could give a rip if France or most of Western Europe was invaded. They have been weak ass allies and always bitching and moaning. Ukraine and Poland should just tell Russia, Listen bub, you are not welcome here, but if you want to grab some Rhineland castles and vineyards and some sweet Riviera beaches then you are welcome to scoot through here most ricky tick. Don’t stop until you see wind turbines!

I’m glad UK bailed on the EU and hope it brings them much prosperity and insulation from the EU stupids.
View All Quotes
Charles Michel: Europe warming up to Macron’s ‘strategic autonomy’ push away from US
European Council president says EU cannot ‘blindly, systematically follow’ Washington.

https://www.politico.eu/article/europe-warming-up-to-macrons-strategic-autonomy-push-says-charles-michel/

BRUSSELS — European leaders are becoming increasingly favorable toward French President Emmanuel Macron's push for "strategic autonomy" away from the United States, European Council boss Charles Michel said Tuesday.

As controversy swells around Macron's comments that Europe should resist pressure to become "America’s followers," Michel suggested that the French politician’s position was not isolated among EU leaders. While Macron spoke as the French president, his views reflect a growing shift among EU leaders, Michel said.

"There has been a leap forward on strategic autonomy compared to several years ago," Michel told French television show La Faute à l'Europe (which has a partnership with POLITICO) in an interview set to air on Wednesday.

"On the issue of the relationship with the United States, it's clear that there can be nuances and sensitivities around the table of the European Council. Some European leaders wouldn't say things the same way that Emmanuel Macron did ... I think quite a few really think like Emmanuel Macron."

Following a trip last week to China with European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, Macron told POLITICO and French newspaper Les Echos that Europe had to limit its dependency on the United States and avoid getting pulled into "crises that are not ours."

"There is indeed a great attachment that remains present — and Emmanuel Macron has said nothing else — for this alliance with the United States. But if this alliance with the United States would suppose that we blindly, systematically follow the position of the United States on all issues, no," Michel said.

-->US helping Europe with Ukraine is not likely to be reciprocated by the EU helping the US with Taiwan

I'm still 100% on the Fuck Russia, ATACMS for Ukraine lifestyle. But it's important to realize EU fondness of the US due to our support for Ukraine is already waning.

Outside of Britain, we really don't have any allies we can count on in Europe. We should be doing more to strengthen the British economically (such as granting them a NAFTA level access to the US market) and Militarily (say getting them discounted munitions and tech.)

I don’t think any of that is new. France has forever skirted sanctions, tried to control EU, and do business with every pariah nation.

Those are all words to try to distract from his shameful groveling on knees to China and being humiliated by Xi. France has agreed to become an economic vassal and had to pay homage to its new master.

Honestly I could give a rip if France or most of Western Europe was invaded. They have been weak ass allies and always bitching and moaning. Ukraine and Poland should just tell Russia, Listen bub, you are not welcome here, but if you want to grab some Rhineland castles and vineyards and some sweet Riviera beaches then you are welcome to scoot through here most ricky tick. Don’t stop until you see wind turbines!

I’m glad UK bailed on the EU and hope it brings them much prosperity and insulation from the EU stupids.

At this point, we should quietly encourage the frontline countries (the Baltics, former Warsaw Pact countries, Finland, and Ukraine….perhaps Sweden) to band together. Poland has been making moves along that line already. We can work with them when needed and cut out the fair weather allies like France and Germany.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Not really. I would fully expect several of arfs "conservative, god-loving gun owners" do exactly that to hurt FJB and Ukraine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:59:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chaingun] [#39]
More pictures:

April 2023
View Quote
They shipped a UA tank back here?

Any idea what the plans for it is?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Exactly my thought too. I do not trust Biden to  NOT screw this up for Ukraine. He has animosity toward Ukraine.
View Quote

Maybe animosity. Certainly some nervousness. Just before Xiden got elected, Ukraine named him as an official suspect in one of their corruption probes, I think involving Burisma, Hunter, etc.

That all disappeared but if everything every got out, it would be hard to get re-elected in 24.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Hence Bush II and Trump wanting to make deals with Eastern Europe ("New Europe" in Rumsfeld's words") outside of NATO.  France was the first NATO country to establish diplomatic relations with Red China (1964), and the Germans have not been our friends since Helmut Kohl left office not long after the Berlin Wall came down.  The entire purpose of expanding the European Community to the European Union in 1994 was to challenge US dominance in the Post-Cold War era.  Just as Hungary is looking out for #1, so is Western Europe.  France and Germany are looking our for a Europe after Russia has been crippled militarily and economically and is no longer an overwhelming threat to France and Germany.  If you don't think the Europeans will undermine US interests for their own benefit, you have not been paying attention to US/European economic and diplomatic history since roughly 1968.
View Quote

Good post. We were suckers, and defended europe while they implemented their socialist policies, and actively worked against us. After russia is dealt with, they will sucker the eastern nations into being the muscle while they bleed them dry. I hope they wake up and form their own alliance.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I get your point of view, but using those specific inlets is exactly the same bullshit the Russians used to target conservatives, more than likely on this very forum.

OG could easily be a Russian, recruiting Americans.
I’m sure the computer experts have hints already as to the legitimacy of this “leak” based on IP and ISP information.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By blueballs:

International incident caused by Russian incompetence avoided by Russian incompetence..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blueballs:

It's funny 'cause it's true.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

We've gotten alot more than just functional T-90's out of this. The foreign material exploitation value on things like SHORAD/SAM/Radar systems alone has been worth what we've paid so far.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:
More pictures:

April 2023

Try explaining that to the rest of the smoothbrains in GD though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Meh, I'll withhold judgement until we find out more about this bozo. Just look around GD and you can see there are plenty of mouth breathing asshats out there.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Could also just be another cheap effort at brinksmanship ex post facto.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

To be fair, no, they would not.

You don't defoliate the trees in front of your position to clear sectors of fire.  You clear the underbrush, and maybe a few trees, for camouflage from the air, unless you have total air superiority and don't give a shit, which these Rus don't. So you defoliate the trees around you and now the recon guys will go over the area with a fine tooth comb to find you.  Not well thought out.

If disciplined soldiers cut down tees they use it to fortify their positions, not build bonfires.  One leaves you cold and alive, the other temporarily warm and dead.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
To be fair, any soldier would cut down trees to keep warm in the winter. But Russia still assoe.

To be fair, no, they would not.

You don't defoliate the trees in front of your position to clear sectors of fire.  You clear the underbrush, and maybe a few trees, for camouflage from the air, unless you have total air superiority and don't give a shit, which these Rus don't. So you defoliate the trees around you and now the recon guys will go over the area with a fine tooth comb to find you.  Not well thought out.

If disciplined soldiers cut down tees they use it to fortify their positions, not build bonfires.  One leaves you cold and alive, the other temporarily warm and dead.

plus, fresh cut trees don't burn worth a damn and put off more smoke.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#48]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

The leaks were to score internet points to his discord group?  Really?

Put that asshole in Leavenworth.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

They left off, "white", "Ultra-MAGA" and right wing nazi.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Painted in green like armor should be.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

Abrams, Brads, M113s, and HMMWVs storming across the plains of Europe to smite Russians, just as God intended!
Painted in green like armor should be.

Am I the only one on here that is worried that there will be no Abrams in Ukraine this year????  The last info I saw was that the DOD hasn't even decided what stock's the Abrams will come from.  We saw pics of Ukrainian's training on Himars but zero pics of UKE's training on Abrams.  There has been no indication that we are in fact training them.  I'm super worried there will be zero Abrams participating in the upcoming offensive!!

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3863 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top