Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3991 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By strykr:

This is not an assault on Ukraine, however. My understanding is that the EU asked its Eastern European members; Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, to let Ukrainian grain through their territory on the way to Africa since the Black Sea shipping routes are threatened. They all agreed.

However, the EU/Ukraine has overstepped the agreement and started selling grain in their country directly, and below the market price. Basically, the EU f@cked those countries over, and they responded by banning the sale/import of Ukrainian grain to protect their farmers. Since Ukraine is not in the EU, they were never supposed to sell directly on the EU markets like a member state would.
View Quote

Thank you for that info. I remember hearing something about that a while back.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Wow great video. What impresses me I are the more western tactics. Guys are keeping their spacing and not clumping together. They are all engaging in a coordinated manner rather than one guy firing at a time. And everyone else hunkering down.  Deliberate, coordinated movement.

And they crushed the bastards!
View Quote

It was a good video. Anybody know what track they were riding in?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
As we near page 4000 of a 3 page war I want to once more thank the posters that make this tread the go to news source.

I firmly am of the opinion that this is the big one in determining the world order for the next 50 or 100 years.
When the Ukrainians halted Russian expansion they sent a message to all the despots and shitholes that pine for a old timey wars of conquest. China, Iran ect would have been hugely embolded to play fuck fuck games on the world stage. India and it's new found cock sucking anti Western media also seemed to forget that actual Indian people do best when functioning in western societies, and life in that sewer masqerading as country will forever remain shit for the large as long as they stick with their toxic commie like culture and superstitions

Russia has proven themsleves the AIDS of the international comunity. In the end once more the Russian people's actual enemy is the Russian.gov, they had the oppertunity to not go in with the tarded cult of personality redux but for some reason it was like a moth to a flame.

So once more a big thanks to the contributers here and that make this tread a must visit for daily updates. The wide variaty of sources posted and analysis of what's going on are unmached by any media outlet IMO
(If I'm leaving anybody out sry, off the top of my head and random order):

@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@m35ben
@Fadesun
@Easterner
@Ryan_Ruck
@ArmyInfantryVet
@Capta
@AROKIE
@MelGibsonEnthusiast
@ITCHY-FINGER
@Swede1986
@ludder093
@dillydilly
@gentlemanfarmer
@Lorazepam
@Ryan_Scott
@CPT_CAVEMAN
@GTLandser
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fvxvg_9WcAI8ucs?format=jpg&name=largerussia is gonna get its shit pushed in.
View Quote

I was questioning how Russian forces could man these fortifications months ago, I guess the answer is they really can't.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#6]
As we near page 4000 of a 3 page war I want to once more thank the posters that make this tread the go to news source.

I firmly am of the opinion that this is the big one in determining the world order for the next 50 or 100 years.
When the Ukrainians halted Russian expansion they sent a message to all the despots and shitholes that pine for a old timey wars of conquest. China, Iran ect would have been hugely embolded to play fuck fuck games on the world stage. India and it's new found cock sucking anti Western media also seemed to forget that actual Indian people do best when functioning in western societies, and life in that sewer masqerading as country will forever remain shit for the large as long as they stick with their toxic commie like culture and superstitions

Russia has proven themsleves the AIDS of the international comunity. In the end once more the Russian people's actual enemy is the Russian.gov, they had the oppertunity to not go in with the tarded cult of personality redux but for some reason it was like a moth to a flame.

So once more a big thanks to the contributers here and that make this tread a must visit for daily updates. The wide variaty of sources posted and analysis of what's going on are unmached by any media outlet IMO

@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@m35ben
@Fadesun
@Easterner
@Ryan_Ruck
@ArmyInfantryVet
@Capta
@AROKIE
@MelGibsonEnthusiast
@ITCHY-FINGER
@Swede1986
@ludder093
@dillydilly
@gentlemanfarmer
@Lorazepam
@Ryan_Scott
@CPT_CAVEMAN
@GTLandser
View Quote

Well stated. 10:10
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#7]

@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@m35ben
@Fadesun
@Easterner
@Ryan_Ruck
@ArmyInfantryVet
@Capta
@AROKIE
@MelGibsonEnthusiast
@ITCHY-FINGER
@Swede1986
@ludder093
@dillydilly
@gentlemanfarmer
@Lorazepam
@Ryan_Scott
@CPT_CAVEMAN
@GTLandser
View Quote

Thanks to you as well iggy1337, and everyone here helping to keep us all up to date on many issues related to the war.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fvxvg_9WcAI8ucs?format=jpg&name=largerussia is gonna get its shit pushed in.
View Quote

Russia may be digging and prepping positions for 300K troops but I doubt they have anything close to that manpower.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ike838:

I wouldn't mind seeing B-52s vs Wagner,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I wouldn't mind seeing Rangers versus Wagner.

I wouldn't mind seeing a B-52's parody of Wagner... more likely and much funier.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:
Originally Posted By m24shooter:
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
they have told us they will nuke us 2 or 3 times now , fuck em if they can't take a joke

the only shame is that we do not have them to send rfn, but still if it makes us lift the lid on the ammo box and see fuckall that can only be a good thing

Well, Texas is on the list too thanks to @m35ben

Ah, but Ben’s Boys now have 87% of Texas covered with kontakt-5. Bring it on Putin bitches!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/SmartSelect_20230424_193507_Gallery-2794710.jpg

That is one of the best ones.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:26:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shistavan] [#11]
”The ground in Ukraine is still boggy and wet. In some places, there are still large lakes in the fields. The conditions for a comprehensive offensive have not yet been in place in recent weeks," German Inspector General Breuer told Deutsche Presse-Agentur in Berlin after a visit to Ukraine. "However, it became clear to me in all the talks that planning for the Ukrainian offensive is underway."

For what it is worth.
View Quote

Keep in mind that the Ukrainians are never going to say they started their counteroffensive. It will perpetually be in the works or in planning. The counteroffensive could advance all the way to red square, and the Ukrainians will still be telling people “we are planning our counteroffensive and it will start soon.”
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#12]

@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@m35ben
@Fadesun
@Easterner
@Ryan_Ruck
@ArmyInfantryVet
@Capta
@AROKIE
@MelGibsonEnthusiast
@ITCHY-FINGER
@Swede1986
@ludder093
@dillydilly
@gentlemanfarmer
@Lorazepam
@Ryan_Scott
@CPT_CAVEMAN
@GTLandser
View Quote

Yes indeed a valuable resource. I tell all my good friends here about you guys. Thanks for staying in the boat with us @iggy1337
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Ah, but Ben's Boys now have 87% of Texas covered with kontakt-5. Bring it on Putin bitches!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Shistavan:

Keep in mind that the Ukrainians are never going to say they started their counteroffensive. It will perpetually be in the works or in planning. The counteroffensive could advance all the way to red square, and the Ukrainians will still be telling people "we are planning our counteroffensive and it will start soon."
View Quote

Which is probably smart.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BCPVP:
Saw this on r/CombatFootage as well and got a little teary eyed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BCPVP:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Full video of the Russian surrendering to drone.  Pretty harrowing, Russians dropped a couple of close mortars at the end to try to stop him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/13dthoi/full_video_of_the_russian_surrendering_and_work/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Saw this on r/CombatFootage as well and got a little teary eyed.

Wow…hope he has a decent life to make up for whatever he did prior. “Earn this”
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

I'm envisioning the solar farms loaded with ERA blocks in the fields, while all the blades of the wind generators are struggling to keep up with all those added blocks.
View Quote
Most of my friends parents growing up were either in the defense industry or nuke stuff. We are going solar and wind. We are using nuke power.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#17]

@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@m35ben
@Fadesun
@Easterner
@Ryan_Ruck
@ArmyInfantryVet
@Capta
@AROKIE
@MelGibsonEnthusiast
@ITCHY-FINGER
@Swede1986
@ludder093
@dillydilly
@gentlemanfarmer
@Lorazepam
@Ryan_Scott
@CPT_CAVEMAN
@GTLandser
View Quote
Than you
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Russia may be digging and prepping positions for 300K troops but I doubt they have anything close to that manpower.
View All Quotes

They're hoping for Kursk 1943 again.  I suppose they might as well dig them.  If they get a break in terms of advance warning, and their transport system holds up, they might be able to move people in time to locally fill them.  If they don't build them, they're way behind the curve.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:41:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m35ben] [#19]

View Quote
Hell just turn the Big Red 1 loose on them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

View All Quotes

Wow great video. What impresses me I are the more western tactics. Guys are keeping their spacing and not clumping together. They are all engaging in a coordinated manner rather than one guy firing at a time. And everyone else hunkering down.  Deliberate, coordinated movement.

And they crushed the bastards!

The hatch in the ramp looks like a YPR-765 (Dutch M113).
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Which is probably smart.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shistavan:

Keep in mind that the Ukrainians are never going to say they started their counteroffensive. It will perpetually be in the works or in planning. The counteroffensive could advance all the way to red square, and the Ukrainians will still be telling people "we are planning our counteroffensive and it will start soon."

Which is probably smart.

They should have a psyops team who's only job is to go from one place to another making it look like the offensive has started.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Expect
Mine fields to be where the soldiers aren’t to channel you towards them
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Listening to Telegraph's Ukraine daily podcast. I chuckled at the part where they say a British Defense Ministry guy or something, talking about getting 300km MLRS missiles to Ukraine.  He supposedly said something like "I see we want to keep these missiles in our stockpiles just incase of a rainy day. Uh, well guys.... it's a rainy day"

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

The hatch in the ramp looks like a YPR-765 (Dutch M113).
View Quote

Copy that
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Yeah it looks like Russia is digging multiple trench lines not as defense in depth but as fall back positions. But once a breach is made there won’t be much falling back and the thinly manned or vacant rear trenches will be breached even more rapidly.

Throw in poor unit coordination, poor comms and mobility, and it could be a slaughter and large scale rout.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Magyar taking down a Russian drone with one of theirs, with translation.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Magyar taking down a Russian drone with one of theirs, with translation.

View Quote
nice
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:12:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#30]
Some good AD news!  
https://english.nv.ua/nation/ukrainian-army-creating-more-mobile-air-defence-units-50323578.html

Looks like these are maybe single 12.7 mm or 23mm guns mounted on 4x4 trucks? I don’t see any numbers mentioned. Every bit helps!

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Musings on the near future of Russia
https://open.substack.com/pub/ukrainewartruth/p/09-may-victory-defeat-and-revolution

Without a revolution there might still be other shocking developments on the way, such as a break-down in Russia's military command structure, Russian republics declaring independence, or a civil-military war between the army, armed militias and the secret services. As a result of the invasion of Ukraine, Russian society is under such stress that almost anything could happen. To say that “a spark may start a prairie fire” is not a cliché. Putin may appear to be sitting well-entrenched on the Kremlin throne today and be the fall-guy in a game of thrones tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:

I can see him sitting in the cockpit of a WW2 spitfire fighting for England.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0726-2811728.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0725-2811729.jpg
When I saw the first picture, my immediate thought was "something's never change, he exudes the aurora of being a fighter pilot".

No, some things never change, and the Knights of the sky are one of those things. The machines become faster, fly higher and have weapons more terrible, but the men fly them are the same, fearless, brash, arrogant and perfectly fine knowing that either they or their opponent is going to die.

That was exactly my impression.

I pray we are giving Ukraine something to improve the odds for their pilots. Very brave to go up when the enemy can target you at 60 km and you can only get 20km.

I can see him sitting in the cockpit of a WW2 spitfire fighting for England.

He nailed the jacket/sweater in the second photo, that's the OG look.

Dude has to be pulling tail.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Britain Based, Biden Busted

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#35]

@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@m35ben
@Fadesun
@Easterner
@Ryan_Ruck
@ArmyInfantryVet
@Capta
@AROKIE
@MelGibsonEnthusiast
@ITCHY-FINGER
@Swede1986
@ludder093
@dillydilly
@gentlemanfarmer
@Lorazepam
@Ryan_Scott
@CPT_CAVEMAN
@GTLandser
View Quote

Thanks Iggy. You are a valued member here as well. I enjoy your perspective on many things.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

https://archive.is/2Q5Wt

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Unable to watch it but I DID see the guy that grenaded himself.

I hope that I NEVER understand the despair of killing oneself in combat. Suicidal charges against the enemy armed only with a stick or just surrender?...sure. But killing yourself before a fucking drone can get you??!! I never want to get to that point.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
NSFW, Russian shooting at drones gets hit by grenade, then puts his rifle to his chin.  

https://twitter.com/small10space/status/1656281497114927104

Unable to watch it but I DID see the guy that grenaded himself.

I hope that I NEVER understand the despair of killing oneself in combat. Suicidal charges against the enemy armed only with a stick or just surrender?...sure. But killing yourself before a fucking drone can get you??!! I never want to get to that point.

It really speaks to the who situation they’re in - which they have allowed themselves to be put in.
Get wounded?  No evacuation for you.  Put a dirty bandage on it and die in agony from infection days later.
In an impossible position with drones shitting grenades on you?  Ha!  Fuck you, if you try to leave your post we’ll shoot you.
Refuse to fight?  There’s an unmarked grave for you in a crater in some field in Ukraine.
They’re literally stepping over the decomposing bodies of their buddies without batting an eye, and no one does anything about it.
Also kinda speaks to ingrained Russian culture that they are willing to take that instead of doing something about it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#38]

This is a war of independence like the American Revolution. Ukraine doesnt have to destroy Russia any more than the USA had to destroy England and put 'ol King George in irons. (granted the Brits burned the WH in 1812 so...) Just getting Russia to GTFO will be a victory and that could happen relatively quick. Or could take several more years. But I doubt Russia can drag this out for much more than a year.

"when it happens it will be quick so stay close" Riddick
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OBird:

They are losing by almost any rational metric, but I sincerely doubt it’ll be over any time soon.  

If Putin crosses the line of declaring war and full mobilization (as opposed to his “SMO” and “partial” mobilizations), AND just tries to hold what they already have … that’s a lot of meat for the meat grinder, even if your tanks and cruise missiles are severely depleted. It could drag out for quite a while.

But we shall see I guess. The coming counteroffensive (and how it goes) will give us a better idea of where things stand in the coming months.

This is a war of independence like the American Revolution. Ukraine doesnt have to destroy Russia any more than the USA had to destroy England and put 'ol King George in irons. (granted the Brits burned the WH in 1812 so...) Just getting Russia to GTFO will be a victory and that could happen relatively quick. Or could take several more years. But I doubt Russia can drag this out for much more than a year.

"when it happens it will be quick so stay close" Riddick

Little bit different because the logistics situation was a lot more inconvenient for the British.
The Russians are right next door and can make problems almost any time they like.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fvx0qpMWwAIXn7x?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

With the Czechs already doing the work to modify these to use Aspide SAMs, I wonder how long the upgrade takes once they run out of the Soviet missiles. For that matter, with the Poles doing the work to the BUK system to use Sea Sparrows (and some being modded as such for Ukraine), I wonder how long it would take to make them both more of a universal system a la NASAMS.

@AlmightyTallest What's Joe down the hall working on? Ask him to jot a few things on a napkin so we can get this ball rolling.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I really want to see stuff like this working.

German Skynex Air Defense Systems Secretly Arrived in Ukraine

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I really want to see stuff like this working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EZQkimvP4U
View Quote

Looks like it'll require a lot of maintenance work to keep it running. I'd love to be wrong on that. But yeah, that's a good system for them to have.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

@AlmightyTallest
@Prime
@m35ben
@Fadesun
@Easterner
@Ryan_Ruck
@ArmyInfantryVet
@Capta
@AROKIE
@MelGibsonEnthusiast
@ITCHY-FINGER
@Swede1986
@ludder093
@dillydilly
@gentlemanfarmer
@Lorazepam
@Ryan_Scott
@CPT_CAVEMAN
@GTLandser

Very much  +1
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Remember that old thing back in the early and mid 2000s of that up and coming weapon system that was going to be a big deal? Steelstorm. Wondering if something like that could be a good anti drone weapon.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Looks like it'll require a lot of maintenance work to keep it running. I'd love to be wrong on that. But yeah, that's a good system for them to have.
View Quote
It shouldn't take too much to keep going.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#47]

That is hours old and probably a repost but reminded me of:
That time Iraqi soldiers surrendered to a hovering Apache
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Remember that old thing back in the early and mid 2000s of that up and coming weapon system that was going to be a big deal? Steelstorm. Wondering if something like that could be a good anti drone weapon.
View Quote
I remember metal storm.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Damn, they even got the Death Star.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#50]

With the Czechs already doing the work to modify these to use Aspide SAMs, I wonder how long the upgrade takes once they run out of the Soviet missiles. For that matter, with the Poles doing the work to the BUK system to use Sea Sparrows (and some being modded as such for Ukraine), I wonder how long it would take to make them both more of a universal system a la NASAMS.

@AlmightyTallest What's Joe down the hall working on? Ask him to jot a few things on a napkin so we can get this ball rolling.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fvx0qpMWwAIXn7x?format=jpg&name=large

I'm just as interested to see what modifications have been done to keep the older Ukrainian air defense in the game.  
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3991 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top