Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4005 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4thUSMC:

Do they get shit done? Yes.  No one gives a damn how they dress when they are grinding Ruskies to pieces.  Heck, they can wear clown outfits for all I care.
View Quote
I don't care either.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#3]

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
I'd like to imagine the Ukrainian diplomats were struggling to hold back their giggles as they promised to the UK to not to use the Storm Shadows on "Russian Territory".

"These Storm Shadows will be used for defensive purposes!" [snicker]"They will, they will!" "They will not be used to attack Rus...BWAHAHAHA...oh boy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ07HRXfFVo

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:
So Ukraine promised now to target Russia with their shiny new tools.

Does that include Belarus?  Because there are some nice juicy targets there that are now within range.
I'd like to imagine the Ukrainian diplomats were struggling to hold back their giggles as they promised to the UK to not to use the Storm Shadows on "Russian Territory".

"These Storm Shadows will be used for defensive purposes!" [snicker]"They will, they will!" "They will not be used to attack Rus...BWAHAHAHA...oh boy."

Not quite sure what you’re getting at.  If the Ukrainians promised not to use them outside the 1991 borders of Ukraine, i’m sure they’ll honor that promise because it would endanger aid not to.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Extended cut and geolocation of this video from yesterday-ish.

https://t.me/DeepStateUA/16535

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Video, big chunk of the building is missing.

Possible first use of #StormShadow 🚀 in Ukraine🇺🇦. In the city #Luhansk a facility allegedly used by Russia🇷🇺 as a repair base may have been hit. The target is out of range of HIMARS-GMLRS
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

That's essentially my take, as well. I think we can expect to see probing attacks and localized counter offensives in many places. The Russians will either be forced to commit forces to stopping these localized counter offensives (stretching themselves thin and leaving the door open for successful Ukrainian offensives elsewhere), or risk allowing them to become large breakthroughs in and of themselves.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:

I suspect the CO will be in multiple areas, and the Russians, all ready stretched thin, will not be able to move and counter.

That's essentially my take, as well. I think we can expect to see probing attacks and localized counter offensives in many places. The Russians will either be forced to commit forces to stopping these localized counter offensives (stretching themselves thin and leaving the door open for successful Ukrainian offensives elsewhere), or risk allowing them to become large breakthroughs in and of themselves.

"The enemy diversion you have been ignoring will be the main attack."
Murphy's Laws of Combat
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Large Russian military base in Luhansk city has just been hit. People are already speculating that this strike was carried out with a Storm Shadow.
View Quote

That was quick lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

I don't know if a German chancelor has some sort of immunity or privelage not be subject to criminal procecution? Becuase if not Poland can maybe use the 'simple' EU extrdition rules
View Quote

I thought everybody knew that Schroder was a Russian stooge. He left gov't and went to work for a Russian gas company.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:14:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Haub] [#10]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv8VUmuWAA4ljem?format=png&name=900x900

View Quote

Never saw that one coming.

Here we are in 2022/23, with Ukrainian Fencers or maybe Flankers tricked out with high tech western NATO missiles to hit back at rossiya.

Epic.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

Murphy's Laws of Combat
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

I suspect the CO will be in multiple areas, and the Russians, all ready stretched thin, will not be able to move and counter.

Murphy's Laws of Combat

That’s the fun part. The Russians really don’t know lol.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv8FCAWX0AUQ0X3?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv8Fc3AXgAQDIzs?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

Would it be safe for spaghetti followers to say, maybe, that B Town has been liberated? Mostly liberated?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Large Russian military base in Luhansk city has just been hit. People are already speculating that this strike was carried out with a Storm Shadow.
View Quote

Groovy baby.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

My peeps!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:22:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Gooch] [#15]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Not quite sure what you're getting at.  If the Ukrainians promised not to use them outside the 1991 borders of Ukraine, i'm sure they'll honor that promise because it would endanger aid not to.
View All Quotes

Does that include Belarus?  Because there are some nice juicy targets there that are now within range.

Not quite sure what you're getting at.  If the Ukrainians promised not to use them outside the 1991 borders of Ukraine, i'm sure they'll honor that promise because it would endanger aid not to.
They will abide by their agreement, but who knows if a particularly juicy or high value target presents itself(Putin, Prigozhin, Shoigu etc). It may be worth risking it and claim Pvt. Snuffychuk accidentally transposed the GPS coordinates.

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

From one of the replies:

Shoigu's SIL?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I'll bet on Syria until further information comes out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
This one?

New footage starts around the 3 min mark. @ 6:55 a UA troop bounces a LAW/RPG off the top of the berm trying to get the bunker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8R-_Ifk09c
View Quote

WOW. There were a bunch of those RU rats in that bunker. Too bad most got out. I kept waiting for someone with a satchel charge to throw it on the roof or by the entrance. Those little grenades just dont cut it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Real world testing +++++
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

That guy really deserved some sort of medal for being able to stand up there delivering that crap in the face of shock and awe.

We’re fine!
View Quote

My favorite part of that story was he never made it on to the deck of cards of most wanted Iraqi officials and when he tried to turn himself into coalition forces they just said “ Nope, we’re good..”

W Bush was a big fan apparently.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By wwglen:

Any you can find "Spec Op" military firearms experts who will tell you that the AR-15 is the same weapon they use over in XXXX and will bounce through the body and blow a man's heart out with a hit to the foot.

The F-16 has better radar, better electronic warfare and longer range weapons, so of course it can't even do as much as the Soviet fighters can.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

I saw an interview not to long ago from retired and active F-16 pilots and they said that the F-16 would not have a chance against the Russian AD in theater,  and that the F-16 would be no use to the Ukrainians.  There is just not enough F-16's to give them to be effective due to the amount they would lose to try and make them useful.   The Migs/fulcrum are doing just about what the F-16 would be able to do. but idk im not a fighter pilot

Any you can find "Spec Op" military firearms experts who will tell you that the AR-15 is the same weapon they use over in XXXX and will bounce through the body and blow a man's heart out with a hit to the foot.

The F-16 has better radar, better electronic warfare and longer range weapons, so of course it can't even do as much as the Soviet fighters can.
Quite true. It's hard to separate objective analysis from those subjectively giving their opinion because they don't support Ukraine.

There's not many MIG-29s left to give.  So something else needs to be given.  In terms of surplus, I don't think anything can match the F-16.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Haub:

Here we are in 2022/23, with Ukrainian Fencers or maybe Flankers tricked out with high tech western NATO missiles to hit back at rossiya.

Epic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Haub:

Epic.

I would love to know what these were simulating if this is true.

MALD® Operational Scenario & Capabilities
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Would it be safe for spaghetti followers to say, maybe, that B Town has been liberated? Mostly liberated?
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv8FCAWX0AUQ0X3?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv8Fc3AXgAQDIzs?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Probably in the process of being surrounded.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Not quite sure what you’re getting at.  If the Ukrainians promised not to use them outside the 1991 borders of Ukraine, i’m sure they’ll honor that promise because it would endanger aid not to.
View All Quotes

I don't think they're dumb enough to bite the hand that feeds them, so to speak.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

I didn't know this was a thing
View Quote

Yes, called "electronic order of battle". I guess it was possible back in the old days, but it sure was a lot more time and labor intensive. Being able to make decisions with speed based upon this information is key.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
If that was sent... whats the new hotness we have..
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I was thinking these could be used with the cruise missiles to help them get through air defenses.

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:48:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m24shooter] [#29]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Does he really have his own reindeer herd?
View Quote

I've seen it mentioned before.
ETA:
He apparently started out as a reindeer shepherd in the Tiaga before his incredible military career.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Can Ukr use these new Storm Shadow missiles to take out that Crimean bridge?

The British keep saying "certain targets" are now within range. I think they have something in mind.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
View All Quotes

I can tell you we have similar versions that come with their own electronic counter measures to really mess you up.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/adm-160-mald-americas-secret-weapon-to-engage-air-defenses-isnt-a-weapon-at-all/
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

The British keep saying "certain targets" are now within range. I think they have something in mind.
View Quote

Quite possibly, yes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Spaghetti people going to be big mad.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

lol, haters going to hate.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:53:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#35]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Does he really have his own reindeer herd?
View Quote

He’s Tuvan, next to Mongolia. I get the sense that it’s an ethnicity based attack on his competence.
ETA- Or it’s literally true

Alexei Stolyarov has been getting heat for being on social media in other countries acting like everything’s great while his country’s at war.  

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I think a lot of experts who know the F16 look at the Russian published (over hyped by 87X) max capabilities of Russian ADA and conclude...."F16 would be doomed". Like the experts who said Kiew would be taken in a week and it is completely hopeless for Ukraine against Russia. Anyway, it's all cover for the political reasons for not sending the f16, ATACMS etc.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

View Quote
It's a long game of chess, not a backyard bbq with beer & lawn darts. I'd want as many of the motherfuckers to pack their shit & leave then blow the bridge and kill the rest that got left behind. Need one set of rails for the trains to take the box cars of bodies back.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

I think it also has to do with a discrepancy between what Russia thinks their weapons are capable of and reality.

Interwebs is filled with missles striking random patches of dirt, missing buildings and landing in the middle of the street ect. From what we have been able to observe there is no way Russia has the ability to target individual apartments so in the very best case for them they can just lob shit at apartment buildings and hope for the best. It really is insecure cosplaying the American millitarty without any of the capacities or skils.  

I am of the firm opinion that the West should have no issues providing the same weapons Russia uses. I.e. Russia uses jets, West is clear to hand over jets. Russia uses cruise missiles, here's a Storm Shadow for UA.

Fuck yo patch of grass in particular with my multi million $ pos
View Quote

holy fuck, background top left, it's a playground.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Look at the respect they showed that man. Most of the people there probably hardly knew him, yet the town gave him the same funeral they would give to their own sons. Ukraine is very worthy of our support. If the South Vietnamese, Afghans and Iraqis had fought half as hard as Ukrainians have, perhaps their stories would be drastically different today.
View Quote

The South Vietnamese goverment was so corrupt that no one but the rich wanted to support them.

Iraq, well that story isn't fully done yet, but you may be right.  Afghanistan however, nail hit on the head.  The problem is, many of the people who don't like the Talban, the ones that are male, are ok with getting to treat women like shit and children like cum buckets.  The women, well they have no say historically anyway and are unlikely to pickup a AK and do what needs to be done.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Jesus, that city might be encircled in days by Ukraine. Amazing how fast this is all happening now.
View Quote

Well, if you think about it how did the Russians think they could assault a city for 10 months and lose a bunch of men and material/ammo each and every day and continue to think they are winning?  Yes they have a LOT of men and a LOT of material and they HAD a lot of ammo. But their strategic economy is not ramped up to produce and replace what they have lost, nor really is their mobilization. Not to mention about of million of the smarter men said "adios" dear mother Russia and left for parts unknown.  It is kind of like playing a game of Risk (by Parker Brothers) where you build up on the border to something you want to take and you make the big push. You hope the enemy does not have enough recourses (or luck in the game) to hold out against your onslaught. BUT if your onslaught fails, and they come back in your direction, well you have screwed the pooch, because you won't be able to stop them.  I think we might be seeing an actual "pooch screw".
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
Could also have been a surface to surface launch of their Neptune missile.  They had been saying they were trying to figure out how to use it in that mode.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:15:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#45]
Dead Russians in a recaptured part of Bakhmut, reportedly:
https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1656749295897309185

A whole lot of dead Russians:
https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1657075927682088961

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#46]

I can tell you we have similar versions that come with their own electronic counter measures to really mess you up.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/adm-160-mald-americas-secret-weapon-to-engage-air-defenses-isnt-a-weapon-at-all/
View Quote
Thats just mean
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Thats just mean
View All Quotes

Thats just mean

lol, it's my pleasure.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Russian social media

https://m.vk.com/wall-219928383_818

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I ha' a decoy..

I ha' a missir...
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I was thinking these could be used with the cruise missiles to help them get through air defenses.

View Quote

This isn't good for the Ruskies...and I am happy about that...
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4005 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top