Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4006 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:

This isn't good for the Ruskies...and I am happy about that...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
I was thinking these could be used with the cruise missiles to help them get through air defenses.

lol, I'm waiting to see if they find the pieces of a turbofan engine in the Luhansk strike today.   That would be a cruise missile.   Otherwise it was something else.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:33:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#2]
May 12th is “Republic Day” in Luhansk
https://vz.ru/news/2023/5/12/1211667.html

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
Dead Russians in a recaptured part of Bakhmut, reportedly:
https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1656749295897309185

A whole lot of dead Russians:
https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1657075927682088961

View Quote

You have to give the Russians credit for having the courtesy of dying in a neat row making it easy for Ukrainians just to push dirt over them.  Such great people with exemplary manners.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
They were firing some of their remaining Soviet era missiles earlier, maybe with the new hotness on the ground they feel comfortable using the Totchka-u now.

ETA: the pinpoint precision is more of a western thing though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Luhansk is in range of a few systems they have been using for a while.

At the beginning of the war, every tank hulk was a Javelin victim.
They were firing some of their remaining Soviet era missiles earlier, maybe with the new hotness on the ground they feel comfortable using the Totchka-u now.

ETA: the pinpoint precision is more of a western thing though.

After the Berdyansk port strike, UA sources hinted they've tweaked the Tochka guidance package for a better CEP. After the Saki airfield strikes, outside Tochka range, they said it was a Ukrainian system used, which got the Hrim-2 talk started.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#6]
I was thinking these could be used with the cruise missiles to help them get through air defenses.

View Quote

Ukraine received ADM-160B MALD and someone at DARPA was able to have them delivered by the Mig-29, Su-27, or Su-24  

OR it was mixed in to the "spare MiG 29 parts" that Poland sent awhile back.  The Poles nave been upgrading their aircraft since the end of the Cold War for NATO capability.  Now that they are retiring their legacy aircraft, those spare "NATO" kits/packages have to go somewhere.  Probably freed up a LOT of needed storage space for some Polish Air Force Loggie who needs to start stocking Block 60/70 F16 stuff and F35 stuff.  "Expended in Combat Operations" usually goes unchallenged, while selling off/scrapping perfectly good equipment due to obsolescence can be a much harder write-off to justify to bosses/politicians.  After all, warehouse space issues are Your problem; signing off on scrapping perfectly functional equipment and being called out on it is Their problem.  I think we'll be amazed at some of the stuff that ended up in MILVANS, trains, and trucks headed to Ukraine.  I'm sure that a metric shitton of  commanders and supply officers worldwide used Ukraine as an excuse to "divest" all of the stuff in the "too old to use/too good to throw away" category that they thought they could conceivably get away with.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Great interview.

"The question of prestige is no longer that relevant for Putin," says Nina Khrushcheva.

Speaking to DW's Conflict Zone on the day of Moscow's "subdued" Victory Day parade, the professor of international affairs – and great-granddaughter of Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev – says Russia's approach is now matter of fact: "'Russia is at war. And you take it or leave it,'" she says. But "those who are not agreeing with this kind of approach are going to be eliminated."

What hope does she have that Russia can move beyond Putin and Putinism?

Have Russians 'surrendered to the fate' of Putinism? | Conflict Zone
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Haub:

Never saw that one coming.

Here we are in 2022/23, with Ukrainian Fencers or maybe Flankers tricked out with high tech western NATO missiles to hit back at rossiya.

Epic.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv8VUmuWAA4ljem?format=png&name=900x900

Here we are in 2022/23, with Ukrainian Fencers or maybe Flankers tricked out with high tech western NATO missiles to hit back at rossiya.

Epic.

Crazy world isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Let's se what our disbarred Russia shill thinks about Storm Shadow delivery.

Whining complaing UK same sex couple

- UK tricked by US to provide them.
- Only going to prolong the conflict.
- Sneaky America.
- British are crazy to provide missiles.
- No worries Russia wil shoot them down becuase they track everything.
- Heck Russia wil shoot down the jets BEFORE they launch their Storm Shadows  
- Puny subsonic virgin missile compared to ATACMS chad missile.
- Storm Shadow is not a sophisticated system.
- Russian AD wil deal with them but a couple might get through      
- Russia a furious though. Just anoying the Russians
- OMG depleted uranium shells.
- Just causing more death in Ukraine.
- Provocations from the collective west. Reckless WWIII
- Russia might just shoot down NATO aircraft.
- Brittain is the enemy of Russia.
- The UK wil face political fallout when Ukraine is defeated. Hubris of the west
- But what about muh Syria? OMG depleted uranium.
- Russia can strike at the UK in many different ways.
- Russian people demand revenge.
- Russia showing to much restraint in Ukraine.
View Quote
I don't think he likes us
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Russian TG, take with a whole shaker of salt.

I just spoke with an officer who is fighting in the Soledar direction. Yesterday, the Armed Forces of Ukraine undertook quite large-scale offensive operations in their sector. Enemy artillery was active. The infantry of the Armed Forces of Ukraine attacked our positions with the support of armored vehicles, including German Leopard tanks taking part in this offensive. In the area of the village of Zaliznyanskoye, one of the Leopards was blown up by an anti-tank mine previously installed by Wagner PMC fighters, and he took off his shoes. One of the BMPs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine that took part in the offensive tried either senselessly to drag the tank, or to cover the crew, but our fighters from the volunteer detachments "Nevsky" and "Veterans" burned it together with the tank with hand-held anti-tank grenade launchers. All enemy attacks in the Soledar direction were repulsed. And the fighters also pay attention to the lack of anti-tank weapons and ask for ammunition for the Wagner PMC.

@NeoficialniyBeZsonoV

https://t.me/NeoficialniyBeZsonoV/25297

🌚 "The flanks are collapsing. The front is collapsing. Everything is going in a global tragedy for Russia", - terrorist Prigozhin went on the air with a detailed report

▪️ There was an escape of units of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation from the flanks.
▪️Only today we lost the territory of 5 square meters. km
▪The enemy had the Chvsiv Yar - Bakhmut road completely freed (which was called the Bakhmut encirclement).
▪ The enemy has occupied tactical heights, from which Bakhmut is in the palm of your hand.
▪️When the Ukrainian Armed Forces enter Berkhivka, the gradual encirclement of Bakhmut will begin.

Bakhmut. Life | Chat | Write to us

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/26194

Prigozhin himself-
The connection was interrupted, Evgeny Viktorovich asked to add:
“And the main question: General Gerasimov will not allow the encirclement of troops in Artemovsk in what way? Because he knows how to make good toasts? Or because you just know him personally and congratulate each other on holidays?”

https://t.me/Prigozhin_hat/3314

We publish a request from the editorial board of the Moskovsky Komsomolets newspaper and the answer:
Good day. You are concerned about Philip Kobelev from the socio-political newspaper Moskovsky Komsomolets. Tell me, please, is there any information about the intentions of Evgeny Viktorovich Prigozhin to attend the international military-technical forum "Army-2023"? The editors would like to interview Yevgeny Viktorovich at the forum if he is present.
Thank you in advance for your response.

We publish a comment by Evgeny Prigozhin:
“Philip, good afternoon. I am not going to visit Army 2023 in any way, because, as far as I know, there was nothing else of value on Army 2022 except for a dog with a grenade launcher on its back. Unfortunately, our army is currently in a global depression.”

https://t.me/Prigozhin_hat/3314

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

My favorite part of that story was he never made it on to the deck of cards of most wanted Iraqi officials and when he tried to turn himself into coalition forces they just said “ Nope, we’re good..”

W Bush was a big fan apparently.
View Quote

Apparently still alive and living in the UAE.  Age 85
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kncook:
Makes you wonder if Russia thinks this is a decoy and is holding back forces from Bakhmut….and if that’s the case I hope Ukraines forces keep pushing until Russia reacts.
View Quote

I’m hoping it forces them to react opening up a counter offensive to the Azov sea.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Quite true. It's hard to separate objective analysis from those subjectively giving their opinion because they don't support Ukraine.

There's not many MIG-29s left to give.  So something else needs to be given.  In terms of surplus, I don't think anything can match the F-16.
View Quote

A-10. We should give them to Ukraine since they are being retired from service.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:14:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#15]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Ukraine received ADM-160B MALD and someone at DARPA was able to have them delivered by the Mig-29, Su-27, or Su-24  

OR it was mixed in to the "spare MiG 29 parts" that Poland sent awhile back.  The Poles nave been upgrading their aircraft since the end of the Cold War for NATO capability.  Now that they are retiring their legacy aircraft, those spare "NATO" kits/packages have to go somewhere.  Probably freed up a LOT of needed storage space for some Polish Air Force Loggie who needs to start stocking Block 60/70 F16 stuff and F35 stuff.  "Expended in Combat Operations" usually goes unchallenged, while selling off/scrapping perfectly good equipment due to obsolescence can be a much harder write-off to justify to bosses/politicians.  After all, warehouse space issues are Your problem; signing off on scrapping perfectly functional equipment and being called out on it is Their problem.  I think we'll be amazed at some of the stuff that ended up in MILVANS, trains, and trucks headed to Ukraine.  I'm sure that a metric shitton of  commanders and supply officers worldwide used Ukraine as an excuse to "divest" all of the stuff in the "too old to use/too good to throw away" category that they thought they could conceivably get away with.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

The Polish MiG-29s are still a bit of an unknown (probably not to those that matter) because they supposedly have two different upgrade levels.

One article says:

"The Polish jets, which Warsaw is replacing with a mix of F-16s and F-35s, come with extensive upgrades: modern transponders, GPS and radar-warning receivers; NATO-style radios; new avionics and cockpit displays and perhaps most significantly a MIL STD 1553 digital data bus that should allow the jets to deploy GPS-guided munitions, such as the Joint Direct Attack Munition glide bombs that Ukraine is getting from the United States."

Another says:

"The aircraft received new avionics, radar, navigation, and communication systems, including a GPS satellite channel and an onboard computer with digital video and audio recorders for debriefing. The most significant change in the cockpit was a new onboard complex with a HUD display and a multi-function head indicator.

Also, the upgraded Polish MiGs gained the ability to use NATO aviation weapons, including compatibility with the US AGM-88 HARM high-velocity anti-radar missiles, AIM-9 short-range infrared homing air-to-air missiles, and early modifications of missiles from medium-range air-to-air class AIM-120 with a target engagement range of up to 70 km.

In addition, Polish upgraded MiG-29 fighters can use American JDAM and JDAM-ER-guided bombs. Earlier, 15 modernized MiG-29 fighters were deployed at the 23rd Minsk-Mazovetsky Air Base.

The remaining 13 Polish MiG-29 fighters were stationed at the 22nd Air Base in Malbork. These machines did not undergo significant modernization and were brought up to alliance standards only by fine-tuning the radar and communication systems, as well as the introduction of a NATO friend or foe identification system."

I have a sneaky suspicion if the second article were true, there would probably be pictures, and I'm not seeing them.

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:31:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: birdbarian] [#17]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I'm not saying its bad
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

As an IT guy for several decades, I'd rather have smart and strategic thinking IT people in charge than crooked and slimy lawyers like we have.
I'm not saying its bad

Yeah, I know. I thought your comment was funny. At some point, I need to buy some grown up clothes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
Maybe the Russians can dig up Baghdad Bob if he's still alive and hire him for their spokesperson.
View Quote

There’s at least 50 posters in GD shod be great at that job!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I dont think the counter offensive is on. Because sadly, even tanks and IFVs like the Leopard 2 and Brad, as good as they are will get knocked out. Russia plaster the internet with the images as if they defeated the great Western military.

We haven't seen those images yet or accompanying propaganda. So I think that's a good indicator.

Anyway, I like what the Czech PM told Zelensky. Don't be pressured into attacking when your forces aren't ready.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
I dont think the counter offensive is on. Because sadly, even tanks and IFVs like the Leopard 2 and Brad, as good as they are will get knocked out. Russia plaster the internet with the images as if they defeated the great Western military.

We haven't seen those images yet or accompanying propaganda. So I think that's a good indicator.

Anyway, I like what the Czech PM told Zelensky. Don't be pressured into attacking when your forces aren't ready.
View Quote

I'm not convinced that western tanks will be used to initiate a breach but instead be used to exploit one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Russian source map.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv6iD0rXoAEd4ft?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

And yet you have organizations like this one who just sling mud and hope for the best....
Bakhmut
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By strykr:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By strykr:
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Quite true. It's hard to separate objective analysis from those subjectively giving their opinion because they don't support Ukraine.

There's not many MIG-29s left to give.  So something else needs to be given.  In terms of surplus, I don't think anything can match the F-16.

And how long would that be able to survive in a manpads environment?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Spade:

As a history guy, statements similar "we hope to have this wrapped up by Christmas" make me nervous.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spade:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv7RMKrWcAApf1U?format=png&name=small

As a history guy, statements similar "we hope to have this wrapped up by Christmas" make me nervous.

Exactly. Setting hope-based deadlines rather than data driven deadlines leads to big mistakes.

It is good to have goals but there has to be realistic assessment, planning and resourcing  to determine what is possible and what is likely. As long as those hopeful deadlines are just for foreign motivation, then fine. But don’t feed that fantasy to your commanders.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Lol….”Russian Life Insurance” hahahaha…sure, sure, sure.
View Quote

Heard on the "Russia Contingency" podcast today - Russian MoD will not pay out any benefits to family of MIA until 2 year period has elapsed. No body? No benefits, sucks to be you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Ukraine War: Provision of long-range missiles an intended escalation, military analyst says

The UK has made a "brave" decision to send Storm Shadow missiles to Ukraine and the move is intended to be an escalation, says defence and security analyst Professor Michael Clarke.

Reacting to a statement from Russia's defence ministry which called the move an "extremely hostile step," Clarke says the decision "bothers the Russians" because the missiles are "very good" and can "hit more or less anything".
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

The chinese parts makers must be working hella overtime to be able to supply the parts for all those. Ironic that ChinaIsAsshoe is on the side of Russia but chooses to knowingly sell parts to all comers.
View All Quotes
Multiple sources just cranking these things out and sending them to the front.

The chinese parts makers must be working hella overtime to be able to supply the parts for all those. Ironic that ChinaIsAsshoe is on the side of Russia but chooses to knowingly sell parts to all comers.

They are like the France of Asia in that regard!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice hit by a drone

Ukrainian drones blow up Russian vehicle igniting rockets onboard
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

In addition, I think Russia targeting civilian infrastructure and population centers reveals a profound brokenness in Russian military strategy. They don’t see themselves fighting the Ukraine army, they see themselves eliminating Ukrainians.

This is why Russia will lose. They use their best long range weapons against civilians which reinforces the Ukraine will to fight and does little to weaken the UA. Meanwhile UA is laser focused on destroying Russia’s means to fight. Ukraine will win. The tide has turned and now time favors Ukraine.
View Quote

A military invasion with minimal civilian casualties wouldn't have forced Biden to ramp up support.  We all know he was ready to sit there for 3-4 weeks and let Russia win... if they could in 3-4 weeks.  But the video and pictures of civilian suffering early on (and often) steeled support for Ukraine around the world.  Suddenly Russians were Yankee fans at Fenway.  Not a friendly face in the crowd... but the guy hawking beers (China) will happily sell him a brew to line his own pocket.

Random attacks of civilians by indiscriminate rockets was a major contributing factor to that dynamic.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

And yet you have organizations like this one who just sling mud and hope for the best....
Bakhmut
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:
Russian source map.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv6iD0rXoAEd4ft?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Bakhmut

Isn't it amazing how little an article means in just a few days. That was written May 3rd. and now the world has completely changed here on May 12th.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

The Wikipedia entry on the MALD is...priceless.

Ukraine
In May 2023, remains of an ADM-160 MALD were found in Luhansk following a Ukrainian strike against a Russian target in the occupied city, Russians at the site were found to be coping and seething.[20]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#31]

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#32]

L O L
View All Quotes

Russia has significantly reduced the number of launches of Kalibr cruise missiles over Ukraine. This is due to the fact that the aggressor state is trying to solve the dilemma of how exactly to use this expensive weapon.

The Russian leadership is trying to decide whether to spend the Calibers to try to prevent a Ukrainian counteroffensive or to save them for a hypothetical conflict with NATO. This was announced by the Ministry of Defense of Great Britain in a new summary.
https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1656912473570639874

"On the night of May 8-9, 2023, ships of the Russian Black Sea Fleet carried out eight launches of SS-N-30a SAGARIS ("Caliber" cruise missiles) over Ukraine. Since March 9, 2023, this was only the second use of these missiles Russian Navy. The Russian Navy launched the Caliber several times until March 2023. Russia probably temporarily halted the use of this weapon as it wanted to restore its reserve stockpile," the statement quoted the British Ministry of Defense as saying.

British intelligence believes that in the short term, the aggressor state may consider "Caliber" as one of the key tools for strikes across the entire territory of Ukraine. This is how the Russians plan to thwart a future Ukrainian counteroffensive.

However, currently the military command of the Russian Federation is faced with a dilemma.

"More strategically, Russia also sees the Kalibr and other cruise missiles as playing an important role in any hypothetical conflict with NATO. How to use these scarce and expensive weapons is one of the many dilemmas facing Russian commanders as the war in Ukraine is lasting much longer than they originally planned," the British Ministry of Defense noted.

It will be recalled that on May 6, the Air Force of the Ukrainian Armed Forces confirmed the downing of the Russian Kinzhal hypersonic missile in the sky over Kyiv region . This happened during a massive missile attack by Russian troops on Ukraine on the night of May 4.
https://war.obozrevatel.com/ukr/istorichna-podiya-v-povitryanih-silah-pidtverdili-zbittya-rosijskoi-giperzvukovoi-raketi-kindzhal-u-nebi-nad-kiivschinoyu.htm

This downing was the first downing in history of the Russian "Kalibr", which the Russians called a "hypersonic missile" and assured that it was impossible to shoot it down.

The Russian Ministry of Defense digested the information about the downing of "Knzhal" for a week - and finally reacted , declaring that it was "impossible...
https://news.obozrevatel.com/ukr/society/protrimalis-tsilij-tizhden-v-minoboroni-rf-nareshti-vidreaguvali-na-zbittya-raketi-kindzhal.htm

"The American Patriot air defense system could not shoot down the Dagger because it is not capable of intercepting targets at such a speed," the Russians said

L O L

We truly believe our own BS that our missile can achieve Mach 10 with crude construction of a light pole. So it is impossible that the worlds only super power could possibly intercept with their fancy schmancy smarty pants missile. Therefore, regardless of all physical evidence it cannot be real.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:25:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CS223] [#33]
View Quote
Saw elsewhere that it was an HRIM-2 strike. RU sign-man was in the photo. Didn't look like there was any urgency to rescue anyone from under the rubble.

ETA

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

After the Berdyansk port strike, UA sources hinted they've tweaked the Tochka guidance package for a better CEP. After the Saki airfield strikes, outside Tochka range, they said it was a Ukrainian system used, which got the Hrim-2 talk started.
View Quote
They sunk a landing ship with one early on.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#35]
China has no skin in the game and don't really care who wins or loses, the are going to come out leading Russia around on a leash either way.

The only side China will ever take is their side, and dollars and Euros still spend better than Rubles, contrary to the doomsday folks.
View All Quotes

China has no skin in the game and don't really care who wins or loses, the are going to come out leading Russia around on a leash either way.

The only side China will ever take is their side, and dollars and Euros still spend better than Rubles, contrary to the doomsday folks.

Best case scenario for China is that the west and Russia tear each other apart for a long long time. A “negotiated peace like NK/SK would be perfect for their purposes. More reason to help Ukraine end this as quickly and decisively as possible.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
56th Motorized Brigade assaulting Russian position with a tank and dismounted infantry. Another Russian suicide at the end.
View Quote

Intense. I'll never understand killing yourself in combat. Fight to the death or surrender. Maybe if I was about to be captured by ISIS but being captured by the UA?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Large Russian military base in Luhansk city has just been hit. People are already speculating that this strike was carried out with a Storm Shadow.
View Quote

Haha!  That was #2 on my Storm Shadow hit wish list!  Thank you Mr Reznikov!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:39:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#38]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Intense. I'll never understand killing yourself in combat. Fight to the death or surrender. Maybe if I was about to be captured by ISIS but being captured by the UA?
View Quote

They're probably being fed propaganda that Ukrainians will torture and murder them if they are captured. Saving the last bullet for himself?

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

As soon as the RU see a Western tank appear they will try everything to knock it out for the big rewards promised. But then the Russians will run the fuck away. There will be Leopards and Abrams knocked out sadly but they will perform. Probably GD is eagerly waiting for pics of burning Abrams.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
56th Motorized Brigade assaulting Russian position with a tank and dismounted infantry. Another Russian suicide at the end.

Maybe he was wounded and that shit really hurt.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:

I'm not convinced that western tanks will be used to initiate a breach but instead be used to exploit one.
View Quote

I was thinking something similar.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:42:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#42]
Kerch Bridge needs to get hit.

I could be mistaken, as I was working while listening to a podcast that reported it. Saying there were huge lines to get out of Crimea. lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Saw elsewhere that it was an HRIM-2 strike. RU sign-man was in the photo. Didn't look like there was any urgency to rescue anyone from under the rubble.

ETA

View All Quotes

ETA

When HIMARS showed up last summer, every strike behind Russian lines started being attributed to them (despite the fact that the Ukrainians had started targeting Russian depots weeks before their arrival). I feel like a similar dynamic is going to start happening with Storm Shadows, in which every target hit in the Russian rear is going to be a result of a Storm Shadow strike. This is in spite of the fact that the Ukrainians have other tools like tochka u, HRIM-2, drones (including the 1000km kamikze drone ukroboronprom just finished, etc.) that can also hit targets deep behind Russian lines.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

And how long would that be able to survive in a manpads environment?
View Quote

This is literally why this plane was created, to take out Russian armor on their way to the Fulda Gap. Nobody said oh wait, we cannot use them for that cause they may get shot down. You could say the same for any aircraft, including helicopters.

It is a war, there will be casualties. However, they also have the potential to inflict massive damage on Russian ground troops. Can you imagine what 100 of these planes could do to Russian troops on the run or in Crimea? Yes, stealthy aircraft can survive better but Ukraine would be happy to receive tech that is not the latest and greatest.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/01/ukraine-asked-u-s-for-100-a-10-warthogs-to-fight-russians/
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

You have to consider the propaganda that these guys have consumed. A significant portion of them believe they're there to fight the reincarnation of the Third Reich that was ethnically cleansing Russians in the Donbas. Plus, there's also the reality that Russian medical care is awful, and a lot of their wounded likely end up dying slow and agonizing deaths from what should be survivable wounds.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#47]

When HIMARS showed up last summer, every strike behind Russian lines started being attributed to them (despite the fact that the Ukrainians had started targeting Russian depots weeks before their arrival). I feel like a similar dynamic is going to start happening with Storm Shadows, in which every target hit in the Russian rear is going to be a result of a Storm Shadow strike. This is in spite of the fact that the Ukrainians have other tools like tochka u, HRIM-2, drones (including the 1000km kamikze drone ukroboronprom just finished, etc.) that can also hit targets deep behind Russian lines.
View All Quotes

ETA

Yeah. Just like every tank on the Western front was said to be a tiger. Lol

I do enjoy that these weapons have a psychological impact on the enemy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#48]

You have to consider the propaganda that these guys have consumed. A significant portion of them believe they're there to fight the reincarnation of the Third Reich that was ethnically cleansing Russians in the Donbas. Plus, there's also the reality that Russian medical care is awful, and a lot of their wounded likely end up dying slow and agonizing deaths from what should be survivable wounds.
View Quote

with a side helping of drone dropped munitions waiting to finish you off.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#49]

I would love to know what these were simulating if this is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZyL-zEoMfM
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv8VUmuWAA4ljem?format=png&name=900x900

Epic.

I would love to know what these were simulating if this is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZyL-zEoMfM

They should have it mimicking a B-52!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukraine War: Provision of long-range missiles an intended escalation, military analyst says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es2UZCRDFFQ

The UK has made a "brave" decision to send Storm Shadow missiles to Ukraine and the move is intended to be an escalation, says defence and security analyst Professor Michael Clarke.

Reacting to a statement from Russia's defence ministry which called the move an "extremely hostile step," Clarke says the decision "bothers the Russians" because the missiles are "very good" and can "hit more or less anything".
View Quote

I bet this guy believes resisting rape only makes it worse. Just take it and avoid any 'extremely hostile escalation' like resisting or fighting back. It truly amazes me how this mentality has survived and thrives even after many millennia of warfare and violence in human existence.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4006 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top