Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4008 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:54:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: merick] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Biden Family et al got money from Russian oligarchs. A few mil. iirc. That was for "minor issues" not related to this war like lifting sanctions and Nordstream II which Biden greenlighted on day one (just after shutting down our pipeline) But it was NOT money well spent since the invasion superseded all that. I do wonder if Biden is more worried about Russian military escalation or revealing dirty secrets "escalation". Anyway Biden is making decisions about Ukraine like I make decisions about my wife spending money...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Absolutely. It is ironic that the 10% Boys harp on Biden and Ukraine when it was Biden getting 10% from the oil oligarchs who arose from the rubble of USSR. Ukraine was trying to investigate and prosecute Burisma (therefore Hunter).

So Biden is much more corrupted by Russia oligarchs snd oil (notice he stopped domestic oil expansion and started buying Russian oil?). Nothing to do with Ukraine. In fact I believe he holds a personal grudge against Ukraine.

Some of GD is just retarded when it comes to Biden.

Biden Family et al got money from Russian oligarchs. A few mil. iirc. That was for "minor issues" not related to this war like lifting sanctions and Nordstream II which Biden greenlighted on day one (just after shutting down our pipeline) But it was NOT money well spent since the invasion superseded all that. I do wonder if Biden is more worried about Russian military escalation or revealing dirty secrets "escalation". Anyway Biden is making decisions about Ukraine like I make decisions about my wife spending money...

Evidently some oligarchs got sanctioned and some didn't.
https://nypost.com/2023/03/06/jean-pierre-wont-say-why-hunter-biden-linked-russian-oligarchs-arent-sanctioned/https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnhyatt/2022/04/07/these-50-russian-oligarch-billionaires-havent-been-sanctioned/
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:55:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#2]
this is a big deal
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
If it's worth sending an ATACM it's worth sending A MOAB.
View Quote

I wonder why we don't have something along the lines of a conventional warhead pershing 2 in the works.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

A10s are slow and won't be able to toss JDAMs or glide bombs nearly as far, so they would need to close into SHORAD/MANPADS range where they would get chewed to pieces before they could launch their weapons in situations where an F16 would be able to stand off a bit further.  Also, an A10 can't effectively defend itself against enemy fighters like an F16 can.  F16s are not in short supply, there are a lot more of them than A10s, and they are operated by many nations around the world that have an interest in supporting Ukraine.  The irreplaceable resource in this situation is Ukrainian pilots, so putting them in a less survivable aircraft like the A10 just doesn't make sense.
View Quote

^ Right answer.

I spoke with an A-10 pilot in Germany for exercises years ago.

He recognized that the time for the A-10 had come and gone.

Mentioned that attack helicopters are much more effective in a contested environment.

They can hover behind a hill or trees, pop up and take out a tank or position, then drop back down for protection.

He wasn't very optimistic that he would survive long in the environment we now see in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Has the US ever put HARM seekers into the stealthy cruise missiles?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#6]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

I wonder why we don't have something along the lines of a conventional warhead pershing 2 in the works.
View Quote

Pershing II was a bad mofo.

That and GLCM.

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Can it mimmic a F-14 Tomcat with Danger Zone playing in the cockpit?  
View Quote

If you get the MALD to imitate a 737, 747, or airbus russia will fire every Sam system in theatre at it out of habit
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

If you get the MALD to imitate a 737, 747, or airbus russia will fire every Sam system in theatre at it out of habit
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By strykr:

A-10. We should give them to Ukraine since they are being retired from service.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Quite true. It's hard to separate objective analysis from those subjectively giving their opinion because they don't support Ukraine.

There's not many MIG-29s left to give.  So something else needs to be given.  In terms of surplus, I don't think anything can match the F-16.

They don’t want them and it would be a terrible fit for the situation.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkrY6HIaaXc
View Quote

That is excellent!  20 armored vehicles per month refurbished. Can include thermal sights. All inside Ukraine. Hopefully all the plants inside Ukraine and nearby in other countries can keep a steady stream of armor flowing to the front.

Die Russia , die!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#13]

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-is-preparing-for-drone-attacks-by-dropping-training-grenades-on-its-troops
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:19:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#14]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Saw elsewhere that it was an HRIM-2 strike. RU sign-man was in the photo. Didn't look like there was any urgency to rescue anyone from under the rubble.

ETA

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Saw elsewhere that it was an HRIM-2 strike. RU sign-man was in the photo. Didn't look like there was any urgency to rescue anyone from under the rubble.

ETA

The chickens are coming home to roost.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Ukraine would strap a fee hundred drones on it and drop it on a trench
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
The problem would be delivery.  I don't think they're flying a cargo plane over a combat zone
Ukraine would strap a fee hundred drones on it and drop it on a trench

"Duct tape" an old one together and could be cheaper than most other long range missiles. launch a 1000 drone distraction and go for it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:24:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#16]
Deleted due to better info.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By Haub:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv8VUmuWAA4ljem?format=png&name=900x900

Never saw that one coming.

Here we are in 2022/23, with Ukrainian Fencers or maybe Flankers tricked out with high tech western NATO missiles to hit back at rossiya.

Epic.

I would love to know what these were simulating if this is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZyL-zEoMfM

They should have it mimicking a B-52!!

It can even mimic it inverted!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Re: Ukraine's shoot down of a Kinzhal last week...

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#20]
A-10 has glide bomb capability. 40 mile range
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By merick:

Absolutely. It is ironic that the 10% Boys harp on Biden and Ukraine when it was Biden getting 10% from the oil oligarchs who arose from the rubble of USSR. Ukraine was trying to investigate and prosecute Burisma (therefore Hunter).

So Biden is much more corrupted by Russia oligarchs snd oil (notice he stopped domestic oil expansion and started buying Russian oil?). Nothing to do with Ukraine. In fact I believe he holds a personal grudge against Ukraine.

Some of GD is just retarded when it comes to Biden.

Evidently some oligarchs got sanctioned and some didn't.
https://nypost.com/2023/03/06/jean-pierre-wont-say-why-hunter-biden-linked-russian-oligarchs-arent-sanctioned/https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnhyatt/2022/04/07/these-50-russian-oligarch-billionaires-havent-been-sanctioned/

Nice find!  Perfect food to feed 10% boys.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Haub:
Re: Ukraine's shoot down of a Kinzhal last week...

View Quote

Iiiinterdasting…
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

^ Right answer.

Mentioned that attack helicopters are much more effective in a contested environment.

They can hover behind a hill or trees, pop up and take out a tank or position, then drop back down for protection.

He wasn't very optimistic that he would survive long in the environment we now see in Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

A10s are slow and won't be able to toss JDAMs or glide bombs nearly as far, so they would need to close into SHORAD/MANPADS range where they would get chewed to pieces before they could launch their weapons in situations where an F16 would be able to stand off a bit further.  Also, an A10 can't effectively defend itself against enemy fighters like an F16 can.  F16s are not in short supply, there are a lot more of them than A10s, and they are operated by many nations around the world that have an interest in supporting Ukraine.  The irreplaceable resource in this situation is Ukrainian pilots, so putting them in a less survivable aircraft like the A10 just doesn't make sense.

^ Right answer.

Great info, thx!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

"Duct tape" an old one together and could be cheaper than most other long range missiles. launch a 1000 drone distraction and go for it.
View Quote
It would be epic and send a hell of a message
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

That would be a great Girkin troll!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Idiots.  The grain deal is a way for the Russians to get something of value out of the situation.  If they go back on it they get nothing and the west will tell the Russian navy to fuck off if they know what’s good for them.
But I can already see it now - Russia will pull out and expect the shipments to stop because of their threats.  Shipments won’t stop and it will just provide NATO with a pretext to enter the black sea to defensively ensure free navigation and food security.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
An example of what seems to be a commonly held belief, from a nationalist, military-affiliated TG channel- Russians seem to view the grain deal as corruption and at least perceived weakness.

The grain deal, which expires on May 18, will be extended by 60 days, the corresponding decision may be first announced by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. This was reported to TASS on Friday by a source familiar with the negotiation process on the grain deal.

At the same time, the source called the possibility of extending the deal a "gesture from Russia" in the hope that its requirements, enshrined in the Istanbul memorandum of July 22 last year, would be taken into account.

How unexpected.

@milinfolive

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/1F4624FA-9EE6-453C-AC9B-8E640ECD4C8A-2813633.jpg

https://t.me/milinfolive/100515

Idiots.  The grain deal is a way for the Russians to get something of value out of the situation.  If they go back on it they get nothing and the west will tell the Russian navy to fuck off if they know what’s good for them.
But I can already see it now - Russia will pull out and expect the shipments to stop because of their threats.  Shipments won’t stop and it will just provide NATO with a pretext to enter the black sea to defensively ensure free navigation and food security.

Turkey is the key to the negotiations, because they control the Bosporus. If Russia doesn't play nice, Turkey can say "we have decided to permit NATO ships to transit to the Black Sea for exercises and port visits to Bulgaria and Romania." Russia does NOT want NATO ships in the Black Sea.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

I've wondered why we never adapted the MOAB to a short range missile format. It would be an asskicker.

ETA probably too expensive to design a mobile launcher and rocket for something that big and for a niche weapon.

ETA 2: Checked and it weighs in at 20k lbs. LOL. Yeah, that would be challenging to get it moving fast enough to be useful. I guess I answered my own question.

View Quote

Give Elon Musk a contract for disposing of Falcon 9 boosters nearing their EOL. It could carry two.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#28]
This is the way.

View Quote

Happy trails dude.  Watch out for the goatfuckers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#29]
in my opinion the clamor for airframes / jets / aircraft is mistimed.   long term??  yes.

but this conflict needs :  greater and speedy infusion of ground capability, significant increase in Long-Range artillery (HIMARS and longer...), and adequate and redundant ADA.

the distances we are talking about do not require long-range air superiority / interdiction / deep strike, etc.  drones are proving adequate for PRESENT needs in terms of recon and general harassment.

again -- long term is a different story.   but the 'here and now' is crying out for other assets IMO.

the Russian air capability does not seem to be overwhelming at this point.  its a question about right resources at the right time.

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Oof.  I’m going with 100% casualties on that one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

Give Elon Musk a contract for disposing of Falcon 9 boosters nearing their EOL. It could carry two.
View Quote

Starship could carry 10-15 to orbit. Those would be a nice mass simulator for a test flight.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Glad they can take and embrace a joke.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

in my opinion the clamor for airframes / jets / aircraft is mistimed.   long term??  yes.

but this conflict needs :  greater and speedy infusion of ground capability, significant increase in Long-Range artillery (HIMARS and longer...), and adequate and redundant ADA.

the distances we are talking about do not require long-range air superiority / interdiction / deep strike, etc.  drones are proving adequate for PRESENT needs in terms of recon and general harassment.

again -- long term is a different story.   but the 'here and now' is crying out for other assets IMO.

the Russian air capability does not seem to be overwhelming at this point.  its a question about right resources at the right time.

View Quote
They need something to take out those S-400's and bombers.  Badly.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Let's se what our disbarred Russia shill thinks about Storm Shadow delivery.

Whining complaing UK same sex couple

- UK tricked by US to provide them.
- Only going to prolong the conflict.
- Sneaky America.
- British are crazy to provide missiles.
- No worries Russia wil shoot them down becuase they track everything.
- Heck Russia wil shoot down the jets BEFORE they launch their Storm Shadows  
- Puny subsonic virgin missile compared to ATACMS chad missile.
- Storm Shadow is not a sophisticated system.
- Russian AD wil deal with them but a couple might get through      
- Russia a furious though. Just anoying the Russians
- OMG depleted uranium shells.
- Just causing more death in Ukraine.
- Provocations from the collective west. Reckless WWIII
- Russia might just shoot down NATO aircraft.
- Brittain is the enemy of Russia.
- The UK wil face political fallout when Ukraine is defeated. Hubris of the west
- But what about muh Syria? OMG depleted uranium.
- Russia can strike at the UK in many different ways.
- Russian people demand revenge.
- Russia showing to much restraint in Ukraine.
View Quote

The comments on that video...

I hope they're all Russian bots, because I would hate to think so many people are stupid. But I suppose they are.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

The problem is that this is exactly what was said a year ago. "It would take too long for F16s to contribute substantially to the fight, too long to train, too much infrastructure work, etc etc." But if we had started the process in March 22, they would already be making an impact. It was a mistake to wait then. Waiting for the "right time" is never the right move. Yes, they do need ATACMs,  kilotons of arty, small arms ammo, grenades, electronic warfare, anti-air/anti-missile, they need all that. AND they need serious air power. BTW, not just F16s, but also the Huey Cobras that Marines are decommissioning would be a great upgrade for Ukraine, too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#39]

They don't want them and it would be a terrible fit for the situation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Quite true. It's hard to separate objective analysis from those subjectively giving their opinion because they don't support Ukraine.

There's not many MIG-29s left to give.  So something else needs to be given.  In terms of surplus, I don't think anything can match the F-16.

They don't want them and it would be a terrible fit for the situation.

That is not entirely accurate. Reznikov asked for 100 A-10s early in the war. Then the US responded saying there better planes these days. After which Ukraine asked for 128 modern fighter jets, LOL. Either way, 100 A-10s are better than zero F-16s, which is what they ended up getting so far. They are also better than the Su-25, which Ukraine is actively using. Now that Ukraine has Patriot missiles, air to air capability is even less relevant.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Spicy!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Spicy!

He should hang!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I wonder why we are NOT sending either jets or long range fires....
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Starship could carry 10-15 to orbit. Those would be a nice mass simulator for a test flight.
View Quote

There are currently two Falcon 9 boosters sitting at the "rated" 15 flight limit awaiting SpaceX deciding what to do with them.

I'm just sayin...
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
https://i.redd.it/adbbfrxb7iza1.jpg
View Quote

That may be the best thing I've seen in recent memory.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm way behind again, but just saw this and had to share.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NonCredibleDefense/comments/13g12hk/theyre_real/

They're real!!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Russian Media Monitor. Check how these two casually talk about killing millions of Ukrainians, and they absolutely will win eventually, however long it takes.
Russian propagandists talk about killing millions of Ukrainians
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

The problem is that this is exactly what was said a year ago. "It would take too long for F16s to contribute substantially to the fight, too long to train, too much infrastructure work, etc etc." But if we had started the process in March 22, they would already be making an impact. It was a mistake to wait then. Waiting for the "right time" is never the right move. Yes, they do need ATACMs,  kilotons of arty, small arms ammo, grenades, electronic warfare, anti-air/anti-missile, they need all that. AND they need serious air power. BTW, not just F16s, but also the Huey Cobras that Marines are decommissioning would be a great upgrade for Ukraine, too.
View Quote

opportunity cost.  the resources are not infinite.

if you're going to get 'loaned / gifted / sold discounted / etc' a FINITE $$ value worth of gear -- it needs to be the NEED IT NOW gear -- not the nice to have.

i also don't to see what MEASURABLE difference any of those airframes would have made over the last 6 months at the cost of the build-up for the upcoming offensive.  for the cost of ONE F16 we could 'gift' Ukraine ~ 30+ Bradleys and 18+ M1s...   for the cost of ONE jet that might not last a week in combat    

these high dollar aircraft are not the difference makers for this conflict.   what is 'not getting done' due to lack of aircraft??  we might as well say Ukraine needs more destroyers and subs.  just not the needed asset now.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4008 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top