Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4118 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:10:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#1]
Alot of gunfire taking down a Shahed drone.

https://twitter.com/PaulJawin/status/1662729909670748161

More context:

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVNjqX5HQGQ
View Quote

Great find, this seems to be a day of reading up and listening to articles until the main ground offensive becomes known to everyone.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

"russia has never attacked anyone." This is taught, repeated, and reinforced at all levels of education in russian schools. It's in the text books word for word repeatedly. I've seen putin say it, I've seen the same words from russian people in street interviews. Russia always claims to be the victim, always claims to be the oppressed, as per communist strategy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyiv_Day

"russia has never attacked anyone." This is taught, repeated, and reinforced at all levels of education in russian schools. It's in the text books word for word repeatedly. I've seen putin say it, I've seen the same words from russian people in street interviews. Russia always claims to be the victim, always claims to be the oppressed, as per communist strategy.
That's why it's so frustrating that people actually still fell for the old "we're defending ourselves" "nato made us do it" horseshit despite decade after decade of them pulling the same strategy.
Their foreign policy has been based on lies, false victimhood, and intimidation for as long as we've been alive.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
I definitely want!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1069-2831651.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1070-2831652.jpg
View Quote

Just needs a more comfortable seat!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Yes.
Please make sure you do NOT use the term "Orc" as a blanket term to describe any Russian person.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/260/694/392.jpg

Russia reminds me of Johnny from Cobra Kai...  totally no self awareness of how he created all his own problems, and drunk a lot.  Sees himself as the victim of that crazy old Asian dude and that punk kid.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
Well I’ve met two Russians at work. Both are “proud Russians”

Who succeeded in bringing in their families from Crimea, apparently not too proud to mooch of our society by submitting  their old Ukrainian papers all the while they took Russian passports in 2015-17. Both patriarchs are retired Russian military, they lie about that of course, them move to Norfolk and use the “Ukrainian passports” to get whatever they can, taking advantage of our naïveté. Orcs

I’m sure they take pictures of anything they can and fly the BS federation flag and got drunk when Bhakmut fell on their news. Not all are bad but I’d wager 80% have severely distorted views and are akin to ISIS followers. Ones that set up shop next to us military instillations? Hum I wonder

If I can’t call a Peteras an orc? can I call them Butt goblins? Nazis? Commies, should I check the list to make sure it’s ok to open my mouth? With that, I’m done with this place. Not bending knee to the murdering orcs or mouth breathing maga Russophiles. Those on this site won’t see reason and are thinly veiled collaborators at this point. You’re an American or you’re not…the fellow travelers on here, they think Russia will somehow save the republic. You’d be the first on the bus to a gulag, idiots. Right after they filch your guns they’ll violate your wife, your kids? they might send them for reprogramming in Chechnya or they might just turn them into quick lime for dragons teeth. Seen it smelt it screw em.

So I do owe accounting,
Last update 30 pairs of US made combat boots arrived or are in transit. 150 pairs of technica boots shoes, 50 darn toughs, 200 Magpul products, 16 IFAKs, a bunch of other items to long to list (some donated most bought), wife Is buying a car for the 68 guys and I got a safran LSR with ATAKgarmin connection and tablet (bought in Europe) for my other bro. We’re spent with that and broke but I do have a code, pretending the enemy is anything but what they are is too much for me so I’m off line. Guys that helped thank you. I owe Alaska an item, please mail my wife so I can get your mail address, I’ll get it to you before I’m gone. Keep up the good fight. If you want to donate to the foundation it is still accepting donations. You can find the assorted pics when she updates on the foundations FB page. Fight the trolls and agiprops good speed.

Yes the offensive started weeks ago.

View Quote
Drop that dime and let them get found out if you even have a sliver of an inkling of them being crooked.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:18:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grambosc] [#7]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

lol, I imagine there are a lot of different strategies one could use to take advantage of the situation.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxNeiaUWIAAQ-8x?format=png&name=medium

So start more fires everywhere. It'll get confusing enough for them. Let them blow their ammo while coping.

lol, I imagine there are a lot of different strategies one could use to take advantage of the situation.  

Multiple drop incendiaries from a drone could probably spread some chaos well, and wouldn't even need the CEP drop precision that Ukraïnians have honed with the frag ones.  Drop some in front  and some behind their positions, and let them bathe in smoke and fire.

If they try shelling the areas, they'll be shelling ghosts.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:20:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ILfreedom] [#8]
The Russian excuse of "you made me do this" is akin to a wife beater. After he thrashes his wife he says to her "Look what you made me do".

It's lame and stupid but some in the West gobble it up.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Belgorod District of Russia Hit by Grad Barrage
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:42:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969iggy] [#10]
Originally Posted By kncook:

A lot of older folks were on Facebook and watch Tucker “I hope Russia wins” Carlson when he was at the height of his popularity. By God if tucker said it it’s got to be true since much of the other stuff he said was…right? Why do I have to defend it? Never mind they can’t point out Ukraine on a map….Tucker said it and he is conservatism!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Can you believe they are trying to get this thread shut down due to us in here using the word "orc" or Drunks" to describe russians???  GD'ers are complaining to mods about this thread because they said we are "racist"... they hate the fact we support ukraine so bad they are using democrat tactics to get anything supportive of Ukraine cleared from arfcom... ive never seen anything like whats happening here.... They think we are being RACIST!!?? ....
Sad thing is a lot of screen names in that thread and others, i have had a lot of respect for over the years , now they seem like different people .

it's all fucked up.

Yep. I know just who you’re talking about.
It just goes to show the power of Propaganda.   Given enough time, and using the right levers, anyone can be turned and directed.    It’s the most unexpected and disappointing thing I’ve seen in my lifetime.  
Additionally many people are deeply afflicted by Binary thinking.  ie. “Biden is Bad, therefore everything he supports is Bad”.

Amen to that, seeing it in action in real life with family and friends is the worst.

My dad was one of the more unpleasant shocks I’ve had.  The subject of Ukraine kinda came up by accident a few months ago.  I expected his attitude to be basically “whatever, not our business.”  Which would be pretty much in keeping with his politics and at least understandable.
Instead, some things that stuck out:  “Zelensky’s an IDIOT.”  “He’s over here BEGGING.”  “Ukraine’s going to be destroyed!”  The most disturbing thing to me is that he sounded almost eager for the last statement to be true.
I was stunned.  He couldn't or wouldn't address why Zelensky was an idiot and was vague about why he believed the rest, except that, essentially, Ukraine had helped Biden/hurt Trump.  I told him that Ukraine wasn’t going to be destroyed and Russia had already taken massive losses and was headed for collapse.  I was pretty angry and figured it wasn’t a good idea to turn it into a long argument.
Where is it coming from?  Based on his history, Trump, and the political “in” that Trumpism gave to our foreign enemies.  Hyper-polarization (probably driven by foreign influencers) has convinced a chunk of Americans that other Americans are their literal enemies, and whoever is the enemy of our domestic political “enemies” is our friend.  My dad’s very intelligent, but IMO has wholeheartedly swallowed Trumpism and the influencers that surround it.  We’ve gotten into it a few times over that previously.  I couldn’t get out of him exactly where he was picking these things up.  I doubt anything will change for him at this point.
My mom and stepdad not nearly so much.  Both have to some degree swallowed Trumpism, and are still, IMO, somewhat ambiguous about Ukraine because of the perception “they helped Biden and hurt Trump.”  But they both remember Russia is the enemy and think the invasion is wrong, and hope Russia is defeated.

A lot of older folks were on Facebook and watch Tucker “I hope Russia wins” Carlson when he was at the height of his popularity. By God if tucker said it it’s got to be true since much of the other stuff he said was…right? Why do I have to defend it? Never mind they can’t point out Ukraine on a map….Tucker said it and he is conservatism!

I was living in a motel in utah when the invasion started, and a friend and i were watching tucker.  I don't normally watch, as i don't have cable... but the motel did.  He was a fan of tucker's, but as we watched the show as the invasion unfolded, he became disgusted with someone he had agreed with on 90% of what was on his show.  He's now been back and forth to Ukraine at least 5 times and helped train hundreds (probably thousands) of people on battlefield medicine and emergency care.  Unfortunately, most who watched tucker didn't see things as my friend and i did... and went with whatever narrative he was pushing.  Honestly (again admitting i didn't watch him regularly, mostly clips online) i was on board with tucker most of the time too... but this is an issue that is disqualifying as far as I'm concerned.  If you can't fathom why support for Ukraine is in America's interest, then at the very least get on board with supporting people fighting for their freedom against an invading army.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Glory to Ukraine
(She needs to eat a sandwich)
View Quote

I thought the heroin look went out years ago?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Gritty and sad ending.

Looks like lead man was running a short barrel AR with no sights, cartel style?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Gritty and sad ending.

Looks like lead man was running a short barrel AR with no sights, cartel style?

I've never been in combat but that video seems off to me.  

The rearmost guy crawling all the way on top of the downed guy and practically putting his face in his GoPro, as if he is unafraid of also being shot, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Shouldn't he be grabbing his legs and pulling him back, keeping both of them out of the line of fire as much as possible?  

Also the guy rolling back down the stairs should've still been more or less in line of sight of whoever shot him, but the Russian(s) didn't shoot to finish him off.  

The behavior just seems strange to me; as if it was actually a training exercise or something...
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Who succeeded in bringing in their families from Crimea, apparently not too proud to mooch of our society by submitting  their old Ukrainian papers all the while they took Russian passports in 2015-17. Both patriarchs are retired Russian military, they lie about that of course, them move to Norfolk and use the “Ukrainian passports” to get whatever they can, taking advantage of our naïveté. Orcs

I’m sure they take pictures of anything they can and fly the BS federation flag and got drunk when Bhakmut fell on their news. Not all are bad but I’d wager 80% have severely distorted views and are akin to ISIS followers. Ones that set up shop next to us military instillations? Hum I wonder

If I can’t call a Peteras an orc? can I call them Butt goblins? Nazis? Commies, should I check the list to make sure it’s ok to open my mouth? With that, I’m done with this place. Not bending knee to the murdering orcs or mouth breathing maga Russophiles. Those on this site won’t see reason and are thinly veiled collaborators at this point. You’re an American or you’re not…the fellow travelers on here, they think Russia will somehow save the republic. You’d be the first on the bus to a gulag, idiots. Right after they filch your guns they’ll violate your wife, your kids? they might send them for reprogramming in Chechnya or they might just turn them into quick lime for dragons teeth. Seen it smelt it screw em.

So I do owe accounting,
Last update 30 pairs of US made combat boots arrived or are in transit. 150 pairs of technica boots shoes, 50 darn toughs, 200 Magpul products, 16 IFAKs, a bunch of other items to long to list (some donated most bought), wife Is buying a car for the 68 guys and I got a safran LSR with ATAKgarmin connection and tablet (bought in Europe) for my other bro. We’re spent with that and broke but I do have a code, pretending the enemy is anything but what they are is too much for me so I’m off line. Guys that helped thank you. I owe Alaska an item, please mail my wife so I can get your mail address, I’ll get it to you before I’m gone. Keep up the good fight. If you want to donate to the foundation it is still accepting donations. You can find the assorted pics when she updates on the foundations FB page. Fight the trolls and agiprops good speed.

View Quote

God speed gentlemnfarmer.
Kill the orcs.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By yekimak:

Concur.

And we are getting alot more bang for the buck with what we are sending to Ukr than what we were spending in afg.

And cleaning out old stock that's been taking up space amd requiring maintenance etc. And we are not losing any Americans in the process. Our weapons are proving their superiority over eastern bloc countries, as well as training and tactics. I'm betting it won't take long to recoup every penny we spent on ukraine. Do you think India or and other developing country is gonna buy any more Russian shit? We're gonna make out like bandits on this. Nevermind any other economic benefits a westernized ukraine may have.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

That's a shitload of Shitheads.
Thats what was probably on that Iranian military cargo plane that landed near Moscow a few days ago.

Well the taliban just declared war on Iran and said they'd do a better job at it than Americans..... So...

The perfect ME/SWA policy: let them fight among themselves. If they do something threatening, do a quick smash, and leave. Then let them kill each other some more.

Our “nation building” there was a retarded idea and insane to push it for 20 years.

We are much better off supporting those who desire freedom and are contributing to civilization.

Concur.

And we are getting alot more bang for the buck with what we are sending to Ukr than what we were spending in afg.

And cleaning out old stock that's been taking up space amd requiring maintenance etc. And we are not losing any Americans in the process. Our weapons are proving their superiority over eastern bloc countries, as well as training and tactics. I'm betting it won't take long to recoup every penny we spent on ukraine. Do you think India or and other developing country is gonna buy any more Russian shit? We're gonna make out like bandits on this. Nevermind any other economic benefits a westernized ukraine may have.

Spot on...  and i can't understand why it's so hard to understand.  Every time i hear "10% for the big guy!" i think it's worth it if it saves even half the number of soldiers who died or were wounded in the middle east wars...  how much did that cost even in $$$ never mind human misery?  Not even close...  best deal in military history.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#17]

WTF is this?

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Vlads Dads army
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyiv_Day

It's crazy. And how did Russia first come to possess the Caucasus? Crimea? Ukraine? By military conquest and genocide!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#20]

So I do owe accounting,

View Quote

It's my understanding that we can still call INDIVIDUALS orcs. Just like we can call individual Russians fighting on the side of Ukraine as "Ukeboys" or "patriots" or whatever. I will call inner-city hoodlums and criminals "goblins" but would never use the term to refer to an entire race of people.

Russians, Americans, (or Hungarians-my OEM ethnicity) who support the Russian war, or generally support orcish behavior can (and should) be called "orcs". Just my opinion.

This site is first and foremost a business. And the USA is currently in a "culture war" with very well organized and well funded groups and agencies waging that war against every business or group that stands in the way of their "prepping the battlespace" with propaganda for their Maoist revolution. They would love to turn arfcom into some antifa gun forum so the staff are trying to stay ahead of this and play defense. I'm assuming.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Very interesting
View Quote

I'm standing by for some posters to argue that arming the taliban was all another genius plan by Xiden and they will now go overthrow the mulahs in Iran...
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#22]

After exhaustive analysis and debate the Taliban decided their AKs and PKM machineguns were over-matched by 14.5” M4s and have decided to upgrade their entire army with the superior firepower and accuracy of the M4. One Taliban warlord is quoted as saying “That PKM is a heavy bitch!  Who needs a full size cartridge these days?  Our soldiers will soon be able to carry 50% more ammunition and hit targets beyond 50 meters with precision fire. The full size 7.62 cartridge is dead end for the infantry. “

That might have happened 😂
View Quote

10:10

In the future, US Infantry will be clearing trenches using 15lb battle rifles with 20 round mags holding .270WSSM...
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
If it really is happening tonight/tomorrow, let me add this:

God, you know I don’t pray much, and when I do I never ask for anything for myself. This is yet another one of those. Watch over Ukrainian Patriots in the coming days and weeks. Bless those men and women who are preparing to slam into Russian trenches so that their children don’t have to. Guide them in battle and help their victories be swift and overwhelming. Protect as many innocents as you can. Please watch over our members like Easterner and all the others who currently live in an occupied country. May they find themselves in a free and peaceful nation soon. Amen

That feeling before contact always kind of sucks. You know the shit hits the fan really soon but all you can do is wait and try to channel the nervous energy and anxiety. There’s gotta be tens of thousands of dudes over there just counting the seconds til they can just do their jobs and let the cards fall where they might.
View Quote

AMEN
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hun_speech
View Quote

So...after the Boxer Rebellion (Western and European forces fighting against rebellious Chinese) Wilhelm II of Germany made a speech about how the German forces will take no prisoners and be ferocious "as the Hun" in their fight against the Chines. So since then German soldiers are referred to as the "Hun". Very interesting and thank you for posting.  It's kinda a stupid excuse but it definitely caught on. Maybe in the upcoming fight against China, "Hun" will be used again.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Interesting.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/letthemfight-2.gif

I remember Iran was pissed that ISI's guy got the key leadership position but I haven't followed it since then. I guess I better brush up.
View All Quotes

Thats what was probably on that Iranian military cargo plane that landed near Moscow a few days ago.

Well the taliban just declared war on Iran and said they'd do a better job at it than Americans..... So...
Interesting.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/letthemfight-2.gif

I remember Iran was pissed that ISI's guy got the key leadership position but I haven't followed it since then. I guess I better brush up.

I suspect China is either behind the taliban because Iran is suddenly not playing ball with them, or China is going to have to get involved because it’s future plans are big in both nations.  Can’t have them blowing up China’s plan, that would be just terrible.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#26]

After exhaustive analysis and debate the Taliban decided their AKs and PKM machineguns were over-matched by 14.5” M4s and have decided to upgrade their entire army with the superior firepower and accuracy of the M4. One Taliban warlord is quoted as saying “That PKM is a heavy bitch!  Who needs a full size cartridge these days?  Our soldiers will soon be able to carry 50% more ammunition and hit targets beyond 50 meters with precision fire. The full size 7.62 cartridge is dead end for the infantry. “

That might have happened 😂
View Quote

What a crazy world.

The Taliban recognizes the advantage of the 5.56, and meanwhile the Army is transitioning to the 6.8 X 51!

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#27]
When they are evasive and never acknowledging of their countries crimes, I will call them orcs.

When a Russkie acknowledges that Russia fucked up and helped founded communism, helped create genocide and spreading a garbage ideology that killed over 100 million people and more, I don't call them Orcs.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

It's my understanding that we can still call INDIVIDUALS orcs. Just like we can call individual Russians fighting on the side of Ukraine as "Ukeboys" or "patriots" or whatever. I will call inner-city hoodlums and criminals "goblins" but would never use the term to refer to an entire race of people.

Russians, Americans, (or Hungarians-my OEM ethnicity) who support the Russian war, or generally support orcish behavior can (and should) be called "orcs". Just my opinion.

This site is first and foremost a business. And the USA is currently in a "culture war" with very well organized and well funded groups and agencies waging that war against every business or group that stands in the way of their "prepping the battlespace" with propaganda for their Maoist revolution. They would love to turn arfcom into some antifa gun forum so the staff are trying to stay ahead of this and play defense. I'm assuming.
View Quote

There are people who literally just want to demonstrate how smart they are by splitting hairs about everything while swearing they are only pointing out things that are "problematic". And others who just enjoy getting other pissed by using loopholes they can find. I really don't get it, but that's who they are.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

Spot on...  and i can't understand why it's so hard to understand.  Every time i hear "10% for the big guy!" i think it's worth it if it saves even half the number of soldiers who died or were wounded in the middle east wars...  how much did that cost even in $$$ never mind human misery?  Not even close...  best deal in military history.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

The perfect ME/SWA policy: let them fight among themselves. If they do something threatening, do a quick smash, and leave. Then let them kill each other some more.

Our “nation building” there was a retarded idea and insane to push it for 20 years.

We are much better off supporting those who desire freedom and are contributing to civilization.

Concur.

Which may be true but Ukraine never kicked back money to Biden. It was former Soviet oligarchs of Burisma that were paying off via Hunter. Ukraine tried to prosecute Hunter and that is when Biden threatened to withhold $1 Billion of aid. So that 10% rant of theirs is twice retarded.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Interesting with the other info that Russian command seemingly didn’t trust the Russian TDF with arms.  Probably a lot of historical concerns for a Russian dictator there.  Probably can play on those fears a bit.

Ultimately I’d expect even the Russians to catch on to defending their land.  Best case scenario you force them to do it with regular army because they don’t trust the people.  Rather than taking land even just a few dudes leaving sign of developing an insurgency could pay off even better for much less risk.  It plays right into the Russian command’s fears.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#31]
It seems quiet. Every minute and hour and day it is quiet it is a good sign. It means Ukranians are doing stuff and they need people to shut up about it. I enjoy the quiet.

9mm is just as good as .45acp. Just kidding.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Which may be true but Ukraine never kicked back money to Biden. It was former Soviet oligarchs of Burisma that were paying off via Hunter. Ukraine tried to prosecute Hunter and that is when Biden threatened to withhold $1 Billion of aid. So that 10% rant of theirs is twice retarded.
View Quote

The “10% for the big guy” was in a Hunter email regarding the scheme he was pulling in China
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

This world can't get any crazier! Now we have to choose a side between Iran and Taliban!!  Can they both fight till the last man standing, and hopefully he will be on one leg!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Great to see some footage of Israeli volunteers!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Direct link to article here:

https://wavellroom.com/2023/05/24/russian-airpower-ukraine-nuisance-menace/?utm_content=buffer8aa17&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
View Quote

Solid.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

The “10% for the big guy” was in a Hunter email regarding the scheme he was pulling in China
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

In other emails though he complains that he always has to give his dad 10%. So whether it is Burisma or China same same. Although in China any corporation IS essentially a govt operation so in that case it would be fair to say Biden got 20% of Hunter’s take from China. But in Ukraine Burisma was not part of the govt of Ukraine and was in fact being investigated for corruption.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:24:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#37]
Can't call them Orks?

How about: Дерьмо между ушами?
How about: Infant raping subhuman balls of puss?

Why is it that when Stormfront assholes get kicked in the dick, they whinge like little bitches for universal application of dick kicking?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#38]
MAN, they got jokes.

"We will show Iranians what real martyrs are," said Taliban leader Wahhabit ibn Zelenah.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3103-2831695.jpg

https://t.me/ukrainian_militant/15555
View Quote

Does this mean GD will be cheering for the Russians and the Taliban, now?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Interesting thread on the stupid escalation fears.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#40]

And the people said:  Amen.

You may not pray much, but you post good prayers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
If it really is happening tonight/tomorrow, let me add this:

God, you know I don't pray much, and when I do I never ask for anything for myself. This is yet another one of those. Watch over Ukrainian Patriots in the coming days and weeks. Bless those men and women who are preparing to slam into Russian trenches so that their children don't have to. Guide them in battle and help their victories be swift and overwhelming. Protect as many innocents as you can. Please watch over our members like Easterner and all the others who currently live in an occupied country. May they find themselves in a free and peaceful nation soon. Amen

That feeling before contact always kind of sucks. You know the shit hits the fan really soon but all you can do is wait and try to channel the nervous energy and anxiety. There's gotta be tens of thousands of dudes over there just counting the seconds til they can just do their jobs and let the cards fall where they might.

And the people said:  Amen.

You may not pray much, but you post good prayers.

Absolutely.  I copied it to my notes folder.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Video of a russian reporter in Belgorod.  
At 1:13
"There are no Ukrainian forces here.  Only their traces..."  BOOM!!!  "Blyat!"

Link to twitter vid in case twitter is assho
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Can't call them Orks?

Why is it that when Stormfront assholes get kicked in the dick, they whinge like little bitches for universal application of dick kicking?
View Quote

It amazes me that we even have to have this bullshit when you can read tweet after tweet or Russians referring to Ukrainians as hohols.
But a couple of Sallies here on Arfcom want to try to cry racism.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Interesting thread on the stupid escalation fears.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1076-2831935.png
View Quote

I'll take Russian incursions into Ukraine for 500, Alex.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Can't call them Orks?

View Quote

We can.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#45]

https://wavellroom.com/2023/05/22/the-russian-army-rethinks-defence-doctrine/?utm_content=buffer0af24&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

View All Quotes

https://wavellroom.com/2023/05/22/the-russian-army-rethinks-defence-doctrine/?utm_content=buffer0af24&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Is the proposed defence doctrine realistic in Ukraine?

Romanchuk offers sensible concepts for defence operations.  However, it remains questionable whether Russian armed forces in Ukraine could execute the ideas.

First, Russian operations continue to be hobbled by inadequate tactical communications.  A remarkable aspect of the war has been an absence of brigade still less divisional operations. After the chaotic charge in the first two weeks of the war and subsequent retreat, even battalion tactical group (BTG)-level operations have been rare.  This year, the only example is the fiasco involving 155th Marines in Vuhledar.  Instead, the Russian war has degenerated into countless platoon and company level actions   the only level of command confidently controlled with a mix of VHF radios and walkie-talkies.  Joint operations   as understood by a Western soldier   are absent.

Second, there is the question of morale.  The chmobiks (mobilised soldiers) have only been tested once, during the Kharkiv counter-offensive in September last year.  They fled in disorganisation and confusion. Six months later, with no end in sight to their call-up, a willingness to fight remains uncertain.  This matters because the chmobiks are filling ranks of depleted regular army units, barely recognisable from original orders of battle.  Elite units such as the airborne forces and Spetsnaz have been especially heavily committed and are currently locked in stalemated fronts at Svatove, Kreminna, Bakhmut, and elsewhere.  Some reporting suggests these units are also now filled with chmobiks and can no longer be considered elite. Even if the mobilised soldiers enjoyed better morale, do they have the training and skills to execute the type of agile, mobile operations described by Romanchuk?

There’s a reason for what he’s writing about.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

There is indeed a phenomenon. That's beyond debate. What's at the root of it all we are all just scratching around guessing at.

I've hesitated to toss my theory onto the table because I don't want to derail the thread.  

For decades now the mainstream media have not just reported the news, they have crafted the news into an over arching narrative.  The reason to go through all the effort to craft a narrative instead of just reporting news as it comes is that once you have an audience who's bought into the narrative the actual news of the moment becomes less impactful.  Black can be spun as white, white can be spun as black, up can be spun as down, down can be spun as up, etc, etc, etc... Within the core audience, as long as the spin fits a long standing narrative there is very little push back that the story doesn't exactly ring true. With the mainstream media the narrative has always taken the stories to the direction of the left/socialist/democrat party benefit and to the demonization of the right/conservative/republican position. Consistently and intentionally. Given enough years the core audience of the MSM buys into the narrative and forms a world view based on it.  It becomes their base 'facts'. It becomes Canon. "The world works this way because..." That brings in the next level benefit.  That core audience of narrative believers will no longer entertain a take that doesn't match Canon. In that way the adherents to the narrative take on many of the attributes of religion.  That's why you are not going to get anywhere talking to a diehard CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/CBS news watcher.

When talk radio and later Fox News came along it didn't really offer a new big picture, over arching narrative. Instead, every day radio talk show hosts and tv anchors would take on the news of the day and tear apart the spin from the mainstream press. If there was any single mantra it was "the MSM is lying about this story" and then they would dig into why it was a lie and what the truth of it was. They didn't offer a counter explanation of the events of the world and every day the direction they went was dictated by the narrative of the MSM.  By taking each story each day and arguing/analyzing based on the facts, the rightwing media (for lack of a better term) was always going to limit itself to critical thinkers who were comfortable doing the hard work of actually thinking and paying attention every day. That's far from the majority of people. It's actually hard work to be a conservative independent thinker. For myself I know there've been multiple times when life got rough personally and I had to unplug from current events to save my sanity.

When the Qanon phenomenon took off one of the things it did was offer it's own over arching behind the scenes narrative to explain world events.  It was very seductive to suddenly have the simple answer for why the world works the way it does.  I fell for it for a good while.  With that narrative to guide me I didn't need to know all the facts and weigh out the pros and cons of a story.  Instead after a while I could only half pay attention and think of how the story would fit in the Q explanation of the world and bingo I knew what was really going on. Feeling like I had a handle on what was going on in the world suddenly took a lot less work and mental effort.  Shaking off that laziness and re-engaging my brain I could see what Qanon was doing and I find it quite fascinating that if you pronounce it's Q with a K sound like in Qatar or Iraq it sounds just like... Canon.

Now, Qanon has faded and true vocal proponents are harder to come by.  But I think there are a ton of people still applying some of it's narrative to how they explain current events to themselves. I think that's what explains so many formerly known to be critical thinkers just blabbering out fact free talking points on the Ukraine russia conflict. They've descended into the same jingoistic lazy narrative based way of seeing the world we accuse the left of, because the narrative is so much easier and less stressful than having to accept the world is chaos and every new problem has it's own dynamics and has to be understood based on it's own facts and circumstances.

TL:DR, Qanon has created an enduring subset on the right who blindly follow a narrative instead of critically thinking.
View Quote

Extremely well stated. People became mentally exhausted and morally defeated because of the outcomes of the 2020 election and COVID and the AFG withdrawal, so hanging onto a narrative thread without having to commit great intellectual or emotional resources is a way to preserve yourself.

So when one side of the political aisle is responsible for most of this shit, then it becomes very easy to dismiss their every action as part of some sinister plot (though never ascribe to malice that which can be better explained by stupidity).
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:

Would you IM me that PayPal account.  I’d like to chip in a bit.
View Quote

@centex_SR-15

You sir, are my angel today. Thanks for your help getting some of the gear off of my list. I'm going back tomorrow to get some more.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Stevo89:

Does this mean GD will be cheering for the Russians and the Taliban, now?
View Quote

Wars with NO good guys are the best wars. Root for both sides and cheer a high body count.
Iran vs Iraq
Russia vs Chechnya
Philippines vs Muslim insurgents.
China vs Vietnam
China vs India
Taliban vs Iran.

Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Of course, there are other ways of factoring cost benefit analysis, but this was an interesting chart.

Note the artillery cost of Excalibur is for taking out a target at 30km.   Also of note is the 90% chance of hitting targets with Switchblade 600.   Plus an over 93% chance of defeating armor with Javelin.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxNEyq-WIAALUXb?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

I would love to see this comparison done with GMLRS or regular old MLRS with smart submunitions. Being able to reach that far back into the enemy rear is another factor that the chart doesn't show quite as well. A Switchblades type might be the sweet spot, as long as your enemy doesn't have good ADA defenses.

He also did a good job of explaining at the bottom that a lot depends on the target type. A Switchblade isn't very smart for troops in the open, but even dumb artillery is great for that. As always, the answer depends on the kind of question you ask!
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4118 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top