Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4124 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:38:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Another lol, if it hasn't already been posted.
View Quote

LOL!
As I recall the Vikings raided and even settled as far as down the Volga River.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Sweden, Finland, the Baltics and Ukraine divvy up everything to the Volga down to Rostov-on-Don. Respect historical boundaries Mr Pudding brain.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:41:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#2]
I admit this one made steam come out of my ears.
What happens when a reasonable and intelligent guest defends his position on Russian state media?  The other guest tells him he should be shot, then proceeds, along with the host, to preach the literal destruction of Ukraine.  We like to point at these people and laugh, but I fear we are not taking them seriously enough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/13ujsr5/russian_state_tv_expert_gets_threatened_for/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

A shitload of dead Russians in a blown-up building in Bakhmut.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

Should the Rooskies manage to destroy the Patriot.. we should a replacement right back in by next-day air just to piss them off even more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Seems to me the Orcs are hell bent to prove they can defeat Patriot, and seem absolutely willing to blow their load trying.

Do they not realize that even if they eventually get a missile through the world outside of Russia will see that it took hundreds of launches to make it happen. To paraphrase "it is far better to be thought to have a shitty missile product than to launch hundreds and remove any doubts".

Should the Rooskies manage to destroy the Patriot.. we should a replacement right back in by next-day air just to piss them off even more.

That actually might happen I believe.

Although we are withholding long range fires still, I am impressed that when we send stuff it comes with EVERYTHING such as maintenance parts, replacement, munitions, training etc. Maybe not as extensive as Poland sending plane “parts” that happen to build a whole aircraft but close. 😃
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:52:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

I base that by his actions and statements before the war. His admiration for Justin Trudeau is concerning. He is a leftist. I have great distain for leftism.

However I support Ukraine in spite of him. I know people who rant about Zelensky as a reason not to support Ukraine. I think that is ridiculous. Most of the world has left leaning leaders. That isn't justification for mass murder and invasion from another nation bent on conquest with a leader who is no better anyway.

As far as after the war, I do not think Ukraine will fare well. They will likely move toward globalism and the EU especially after this war. I hope I am wrong about that. I'd rather see them remain a largely independent nation but armed to the teeth to deter future Russian invasion. But all that remains to be seem, obviously they have more pressing issues to deal with right now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

What did Tucker say that was so bad so early to turn your friend off?
I know that he said he was on Russia's side a couple years ago but that was before the invasion.
I know he's been rather weak on supporting Ukraine but I don't really know exactly what he said because I don't listen to him.

I find it hard to care about what's in America's best interest regarding Ukraine when our government is doing everything it can to destroy this country internally. Nor is their motive pure regarding anything they do regarding Ukraine.

I do staunchly support Ukraine just because they are defending themselves against the invading tyrant. Anyone who believes in and cares about freedom should be supporting someone resisting an invader. A part of me kind of wishes I was there helping them.

Ill try to explain as an avid Tucker supporter and nightly viewer. Tucker was very anti-Ukraine since the invasion. Like he was raped while on vacation in Ukraine type anti-Ukraine. He criticized them for "anti-democratic" bullshit like their efforts to suppress Russian propaganda and the Russian Orthodox Church, etc. that would seem logic actions when involved in an existential war. Tucker also consistently and constantly criticized Zelensky as being a dictator, un-democratic, autocratic and corrupt. Once the USA finally started sending military aid, he was very against it, always saying we cant afford it and have no business getting involved in this war. Pretty much any and every topic of Russian propaganda went right out of his mouth and on air.

I'm sure there is MUCH more crap that Tucker spouted off about Ukraine but this is on top of my head as an ex fan of Tucker.

I don't like Zelensky either as he appears to be a left leaning globalist but I really can't see how you can criticize Zelensky as a dictator but take Russia's side. If Zelensky is a dictator then what is Putin ?

For the record I don't like Zelensky but I wouldn't say he is a dictator. Efforts to suppress Russian proganda during the war make sense.

I honestly don’t think we can draw many conclusions about Zelensky and how he fits into the leftist BS we all know and love since he’s playing nice in the sand box for his country to win this. Poland struggles with the rest of the EU on their leftist crap.

I’m definitely interested to see how things go after the war. He’ll play nice with whomever he needs to keep Russia from invading again and I can’t say I’d do any different.

The context of actual existential survival (unlike our political global warming existential survival crap) is very important here when making judgements.

I base that by his actions and statements before the war. His admiration for Justin Trudeau is concerning. He is a leftist. I have great distain for leftism.

However I support Ukraine in spite of him. I know people who rant about Zelensky as a reason not to support Ukraine. I think that is ridiculous. Most of the world has left leaning leaders. That isn't justification for mass murder and invasion from another nation bent on conquest with a leader who is no better anyway.

As far as after the war, I do not think Ukraine will fare well. They will likely move toward globalism and the EU especially after this war. I hope I am wrong about that. I'd rather see them remain a largely independent nation but armed to the teeth to deter future Russian invasion. But all that remains to be seem, obviously they have more pressing issues to deal with right now.

There wasn’t a before the war time for his presidency actually.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:33:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I hadn’t heard that a surveillance drone was shot down. Excellent!!

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:42:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ILfreedom] [#6]
Right now I believe Zelensky is kissing the ass of anyone who can send weapons to Ukraine. Whether he embraces the Euro type globalism post war is doubtful in my mind. The Ukrainian people aren't near as left as Macron might think. The Poles definitely are not. Ukraine should join Nato if given the chance, but keep the EU at arms distance.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:42:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#7]
Russia criticizing a US politician for his remarks?  WTF cares??!!! Besides the Russians of course lied in order to play the poor poor pitiful me victim.

Excerpt:
Graham, shown in a video clip of his meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in Kyiv on Friday, acknowledged his host's praise for military assistance valued at $38 billion since the outset of the conflict in February 2022.

He described the help as "the best money we've ever spent".

Here’s to you orc psychopaths:
Poor Poor Pitiful Me (2017 Remaster)

Wow! The mouthy bitch ratchets the butthurt up a notch!  Please try it!  You want US stomping your forces in Ukraine into volcano ash??!  This would be a way to do that.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:42:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if Ukraine and Russia are negotiating an end to the war. I am trying to make sense of how much hype there has been around the counter offensive that never comes.

It makes no sense to advertise a counter offensive, you would want to maintain some element of surprise, and it should have started by now.

Unless the hyped counter offensive is just meant to strengthen Ukraine's bargaining position by convincing the Russians they have a lot to lose if they don't make a deal.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:
I wonder if Ukraine and Russia are negotiating an end to the war. I am trying to make sense of how much hype there has been around the counter offensive that never comes.

It makes no sense to advertise a counter offensive, you would want to maintain some element of surprise, and it should have started by now.

Unless the hyped counter offensive is just meant to strengthen Ukraine's bargaining position by convincing the Russians they have a lot to lose if they don't make a deal.
View Quote

It's not like you can train multiple brigades of Ukrainian armor and mech infantry and equip them with western kit in secret. Just because you know an attack is coming doesn't mean you can do dick about it. The Germans knew we were going in invade Europe in 1944 but their knowledge of it meant nothing to the outcome.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:55:10 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

No way. Ukraine had no interest in land giveaway negotiations. Only Russia.

The negotiations start when Russia has left Ukraine.

They have to advertise an offensive because they need western support for the buildup and it will be hard to deny completely. How and where it unfolds is the unknown. It seems they are going to continue shaping and degrading logistics missions until Russia is forced to over react. And then strike when they are out of position.

I’m still holding to my June 17 prediction. 😀
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:58:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ILfreedom:

It's not like you can train multiple brigades of Ukrainian armor and mech infantry and equip them with western kit in secret. Just because you know an attack is coming doesn't mean you can do dick about it. The Germans knew we were going in invade Europe in 1944 but their knowledge of it meant nothing to the outcome.
View All Quotes

Exactly. They had to construct and man hundreds of miles of defensive barriers and artillery not knowing exactly where it would happen. Even the German generals who knew it was coming soon were out of position and some artillery not ready on D-Day.

The chair is against the wall.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:02:47 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

What did Tucker say that was so bad so early to turn your friend off?
I know that he said he was on Russia's side a couple years ago but that was before the invasion.
I know he's been rather weak on supporting Ukraine but I don't really know exactly what he said because I don't listen to him.

I find it hard to care about what's in America's best interest regarding Ukraine when our government is doing everything it can to destroy this country internally. Nor is their motive pure regarding anything they do regarding Ukraine.

I do staunchly support Ukraine just because they are defending themselves against the invading tyrant. Anyone who believes in and cares about freedom should be supporting someone resisting an invader. A part of me kind of wishes I was there helping them.

Ill try to explain as an avid Tucker supporter and nightly viewer. Tucker was very anti-Ukraine since the invasion. Like he was raped while on vacation in Ukraine type anti-Ukraine. He criticized them for "anti-democratic" bullshit like their efforts to suppress Russian propaganda and the Russian Orthodox Church, etc. that would seem logic actions when involved in an existential war. Tucker also consistently and constantly criticized Zelensky as being a dictator, un-democratic, autocratic and corrupt. Once the USA finally started sending military aid, he was very against it, always saying we cant afford it and have no business getting involved in this war. Pretty much any and every topic of Russian propaganda went right out of his mouth and on air.

I'm sure there is MUCH more crap that Tucker spouted off about Ukraine but this is on top of my head as an ex fan of Tucker.

I don't like Zelensky either as he appears to be a left leaning globalist but I really can't see how you can criticize Zelensky as a dictator but take Russia's side. If Zelensky is a dictator then what is Putin ?

For the record I don't like Zelensky but I wouldn't say he is a dictator. Efforts to suppress Russian proganda during the war make sense.

I honestly don’t think we can draw many conclusions about Zelensky and how he fits into the leftist BS we all know and love since he’s playing nice in the sand box for his country to win this. Poland struggles with the rest of the EU on their leftist crap.

I’m definitely interested to see how things go after the war. He’ll play nice with whomever he needs to keep Russia from invading again and I can’t say I’d do any different.

The context of actual existential survival (unlike our political global warming existential survival crap) is very important here when making judgements.

That is true, I guess I was referring the major invasion in 2022. But point taken.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:04:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#13]
Poland makes it permanent. I don’t know if they will still have access to a port through Lithuania or Latvia but Poland cuts off their land access and several ports.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:04:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

They have to advertise an offensive because they need western support for the buildup and it will be hard to deny completely. How and where it unfolds is the unknown. It seems they are going to continue shaping and degrading logistics missions until Russia is forced to over react. And then strike when they are out of position.

View All Quotes

Any particular reason for that ?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:11:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#15]

View All Quotes

Someone gave new moon dates for coming months. So minimal light for night ops.

It has been super soggy in the eastern areas so I figured it won’t fully dry out until early June. There was a video just tonight about wet trenches. Heavy vehicles need more than the top few inches dried out, more like the top foot or two being solid or it will quickly get chewed up into thick mud.

More importantly they had several weapon systems especially tanks inbound but either not arrived or no time yet to train. I think by mid June they will have everything they are going to have ready to go. More stuff like Abrams and F16 are toward September. So there could actually be two major offensives: early summer and early autumn.

It seems imperative for the summer offensive to cut major supply lines all along the land bridge to Crimea. Depots in Luhansk, and ideally a corridor to Mariupol, from where they could interdict Azov sea traffic as well as rail and road traffic.

Ukraine at least needs to penetrate as far as Melitopol so they can make any land communication to Crimea untenable.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:23:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

It's also important to point out that the Soviet Union wasn't just communist. Realistically, the Russians stopped trying to achieve true communism (a classless, stateless society in which the workers own and control the means of production) in the '30s, because true communism is fundamentally impossible. For most of its existence, I would argue that the Soviet Union was a mixture of Russian colonialism, Russian nationalism, and totalitarianism with some Marxist undertones. In the end, the Soviet Union actually fell apart primarily due to anti-colonial movements by various minorities, just like other 20th century empires.

These are factors that I think people on the right miss when they argue that Russia isn't "communist" anymore. Well, true, but they ceased seriously trying to be communist fairly early on. Many of the fundamental elements of the Soviet Union remain present in Russia today, in terms of paranoia, disregard for the Sovereignty of their neighboring states, hatred for the Western world, etc.
View Quote

This is true and well stated. The USSR was "communist" for the common mases but like most/all forms of communism it is a bullshit facade to control the people and eliminate a middle class that could threaten the power structure. If you are a typical worker, you get "communism" in the form of long lines, shortages and rationing, and paranoia about complaining.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:24:28 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I agree with your principle but I can't make sense of the lack of action. If Ukraine doesn't have an advantage now it's not going to have one later.

The Russians aren't playing meat grinder in Bakhmut anymore so they will be solidifying their defenses and after a few experiences in combat those green mobiks will be turning into seasoned troops, meanwhile Russia has ramped up its industrial production and will be restocking artillery and armor

I don't know that time is on Ukraine's side.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:34:10 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

This is an interesting point that I wonder about and I'm not sure I agree. But admittedly I know very little about Z's pre-war platforms, other than he was anti-corruption and a moderate on Russia at least in terms of trading some territory for peace before the invasion.

Zelensky is probably not a leftist like our Amerikan leftists (who hates America as founded and actively attempting to destroy it for some big globalist revolution). He is most likely a nationalist (as a direct result of Russian aggression) who wants ties to the West and the EU. He may be much more similar to Trump ideologically and politically than Clinton or Obama (who ideologically and politically resemble Schroder or Merkel).
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:40:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Zelensky ran on an agenda of anti-corruption and at least semi-accommodation with Russia, but who knows what his personal worldview is?
As to being a globalist - well, if you’re trying to save your nation from annihilation I figure you’re willing to sing the tune you think gives you the best chance of that.
Probably not going to get a lot of artillery shells from Europe by telling them they’re a bunch of authoritarian eurotrash fags.
View Quote

Agreed. Or by naming Biden as a suspect in a large corruption probe (oooops) prior to the invasion.
Z does come from a background of first as a lawyer, then as an actor/comedian. So I doubt he is right-wing conservative, at least as we know it here.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:44:34 AM EDT
[#20]

I agree with your principle but I can't make sense of the lack of action. If Ukraine doesn't have an advantage now it's not going to have one later.

The Russians aren't playing meat grinder in Bakhmut anymore so they will be solidifying their defenses and after a few experiences in combat those green mobiks will be turning into seasoned troops, meanwhile Russia has ramped up its industrial production and will be restocking artillery and armor

View All Quotes

Notice what Ukraine is doing recently: pounding the daylights out of artillery, remote cameras, radar, ADA, supply trucks and hitting collection points for personnel and supplies. They are degrading the Russians the front lines and their supplies. They have to do that in multiple sectors the keep the main route obscure.

Russians are already moving troops from Luhansk and south toward Bakhmut!  LOL! Bakhmut is irrelevant for any corridor Ukraine needs to open so it is perfect the Russians have pinned their pride on taking and holding it. The more troops they move there or to the Russian borders the weaker they will be where UA actually wants to breach.

Time is on the side of Ukraine more than Russia. Ukraine is getting more and more weapons and will reach somewhat of a climax in Sept-Oct. Russia is losing tanks faster than it can replace. While Ukraine has been investing time away from the line train troops Russia is still sending poorly trained mobiks to the front and even some of its tank and pilot training  cadre!  They get dumber and dumber with time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:52:30 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

A war, especially a very hot one on your doorstep, threatening your family along with your whole country has a way of changing people. Ukraine will be very thankful to the Western world for all the support (with some real and bitter resentment for senile old fucks who withheld very needed and very available aid due to escalation bedwetting) but I think they will NOT turn into another Germany of self-defeating globalist socialists. They have endured and suffered way too much to trade all their hard-fought sovereignty and nationalism away to self-hating leftist globalists far away. 'Trade one tyrant in Moscow for 1000 tyrants in Hague'...At least I hope since I'm looking forward to the arfcom "Victory Party in Kiev 2024"...
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:55:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Notice what Ukraine is doing recently: pounding the daylights out of artillery, remote cameras, radar, ADA, supply trucks and hitting collection points for personnel and supplies. They are degrading the Russians the front lines and their supplies. They have to do that in multiple sectors the keep the main route obscure.

Russians are already moving troops from Luhansk and south toward Bakhmut!  LOL! Bakhmut is irrelevant for any corridor Ukraine needs to open so it is perfect the Russians have pinned their pride on taking and holding it. The more troops they move there or to the Russian borders the weaker they will be where UA actually wants to breach.

Time is on the side of Ukraine more than Russia. Ukraine is getting more and more weapons and will reach somewhat of a climax in Sept-Oct. Russia is losing tanks faster than it can replace. While Ukraine has been investing time away from the line train troops Russia is still sending poorly trained mobiks to the front and even some of its tank and pilot training  cadre!  They get dumber and dumber with time.
View All Quotes

The Russian Mobik strategy makes sense if you're evil and don't give a shit about your own people, eg, Putin. Why bother training if you can just send them into combat? Russia can just keep on sending waves of people and the ones who survive can be considered trained.

Ukraine has to train offline because they have fewer people and actually care about their people.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:57:35 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

No. Maybe after a very successful counter offensive but not before. This has to play out militarily for any lasting peace and Ukraine KNOWS this well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Agreed. Or by naming Biden as a suspect in a large corruption probe (oooops) prior to the invasion.
Z does come from a background of first as a lawyer, then as an actor/comedian. So I doubt he is right-wing conservative, at least as we know it here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Zelensky ran on an agenda of anti-corruption and at least semi-accommodation with Russia, but who knows what his personal worldview is?
As to being a globalist - well, if you’re trying to save your nation from annihilation I figure you’re willing to sing the tune you think gives you the best chance of that.
Probably not going to get a lot of artillery shells from Europe by telling them they’re a bunch of authoritarian eurotrash fags.

Looking into his past political positions looks suspect and his praise for Trudeau is extremely suspect.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 4:10:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wyomingnick] [#25]

A war, especially a very hot one on your doorstep, threatening your family along with your whole country has a way of changing people. Ukraine will be very thankful to the Western world for all the support (with some real and bitter resentment for senile old fucks who withheld very needed and very available aid due to escalation bedwetting) but I think they will NOT turn into another Germany of self-defeating globalist socialists. They have endured and suffered way too much to trade all their hard-fought sovereignty and nationalism away to self-hating leftist globalists far away. 'Trade one tyrant in Moscow for 1000 tyrants in Hague'...At least I hope since I'm looking forward to the arfcom "Victory Party in Kiev 2024"...
View All Quotes

I hope you're right. It would sadden me for Ukraine to beat back Russia and just lose their freedom to internal politics and globalist alliances. In contrast it would be incredibly awesome to see them beat back Russia and remain a relatively free independent state similar to Poland.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 4:18:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Reports of daytime missile attacks and explosions in Kyiv.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Right now I believe Zelensky is kissing the ass of anyone who can send weapons to Ukraine. Whether he embraces the Euro type globalism post war is doubtful in my mind. The Ukrainian people aren't near as left as Macron might think. The Poles definitely are not. Ukraine should join Nato if given the chance, but keep the EU at arms distance.
View Quote

Ukrainian people are very orthodox and won’t tolerate the gayness.

He’s doing what he can to get support and that’s fine. He’s made zero promises.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 4:28:46 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I believe they are studying Russian “preparedness”. I never fell for “thr counteroffensive will start any day”!

They are identifying and smashing Russian Arty at 5 times the normal rate. They may just be baiting the Russians into a lull or baiting their units into position to hit.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:42:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Yes it is. Good to see stealth cruise missiles really work.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coralreefer:

That's big!  Thanks to Britain for manning up to the plate.

They may not see them but looking at the vid you sure can hear them
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:57:56 AM EDT
[#30]

The Russian Mobik strategy makes sense if you're evil and don't give a shit about your own people, eg, Putin. Why bother training if you can just send them into combat? Russia can just keep on sending waves of people and the ones who survive can be considered trained.

Ukraine has to train offline because they have fewer people and actually care about their people.
View All Quotes

Russia has been drawing conscripts mostly from the outlying provinces, avoiding as much  as possible from Moscow and St Petersburg which has the largest share of population.  They can’t mobilize forever. That is one of their false bravado narratives, Stronk!

Their latest online mobilization has fallen far short of the target 400K. If they want more conscripts they will HAVE TO pull much more from those pampered urban areas. Russians are very Moscow centric. They don’t give a shit about what happens to the provinces. Everything is geared towards providing and protecting Moscow. If Putin starts sending 100-200K from Moscow area there will be outrage when the boys go missing, get raped, or are killed in frontal assaults or filthy trenches.

No Russia has a very limited supply of conscripts before the power base gets bled as well. Ukraine has a much deeper conscript pool. They are fighting for their existence. Plus they are doing a much better job of evacuating wounded and fast medical treatment. Ukraine probably only needs half as many as the Russians do every month to replenish the lines.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Just watched the movie Beshoot. About Ukraine TD in the Donbas in 2014. I thought it was very well done. Saw it free on Tubi
https://link.tubi.tv/oViM2Qm0bAb
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Russia will negotiate when it literally cannot continue.  And maybe not even then.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:12:29 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

wyomingnick thank you for adding your thoughts to the thread , i am more for Zelensky I think he is a good man (time will tell) but i am 100% with you on the last bit .
NATO yes, EU no

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#34]
More pathetic Russian posturing. Sounds just like some of GD posts. Russia, YOU are the invader, the aggressor, the war criminals. You are NOT the victims of anything.

I’m sure Senator Graham is all kinds of disappointed he can’t summer in Siberia this year. Darn!
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Ukraine has finally received LR PGM fires that allow it to shit all over Russia deep logistics, and will receive more with GLSDB.  Russian manpower has also been attritted to somewhere near the level it was last August, and still falling.
Ukraine has considerably more capability than it did last year while Russia continues to bleed men and materiel it can’t replace unless China wades in.
Time is on Ukraine’s side.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#37]
More pathetic Russian posturing. Sounds just like some of GD posts. Russia, YOU are the invader, the aggressor, the war criminals. You are NOT the victims of anything.

I’m sure Senator Graham is all kinds of disappointed he can’t summer in Siberia this year. Darn!
View Quote

I salute Lindsay Graham as someone who knows where US interests lie and I endorse his statement as factually correct.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#38]

This is true and well stated. The USSR was "communist" for the common mases but like most/all forms of communism it is a bullshit facade to control the people and eliminate a middle class that could threaten the power structure. If you are a typical worker, you get "communism" in the form of long lines, shortages and rationing, and paranoia about complaining.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

It's also important to point out that the Soviet Union wasn't just communist. Realistically, the Russians stopped trying to achieve true communism (a classless, stateless society in which the workers own and control the means of production) in the '30s, because true communism is fundamentally impossible. For most of its existence, I would argue that the Soviet Union was a mixture of Russian colonialism, Russian nationalism, and totalitarianism with some Marxist undertones. In the end, the Soviet Union actually fell apart primarily due to anti-colonial movements by various minorities, just like other 20th century empires.

These are factors that I think people on the right miss when they argue that Russia isn't "communist" anymore. Well, true, but they ceased seriously trying to be communist fairly early on. Many of the fundamental elements of the Soviet Union remain present in Russia today, in terms of paranoia, disregard for the Sovereignty of their neighboring states, hatred for the Western world, etc.

Whether Russia is/was communist or not is far less important than the fact that they have successfully spread Marxism around the globe.

IMHO, that  is what makes them so evil.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

They have a unit that just got back from international training a couple days ago.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#40]
On this Memorial Day, a solemn thank you and reverence for those who gave all to preserve the liberties we have in the United States.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 7:55:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#41]

Zaporozhye direction. Ukrainian units destroyed the Russian tank along with the crew. Earned money? Footprints 🤣🤣🤣

A fragment of a Russian rocket almost hit a passenger train in Kyiv, video from a video surveillance camera 😱

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#42]

https://dariknews.bg/novini/bylgariia/bylgariia-i-ukrajna-podpisaha-memorandum-za-sytrudnichestvo-v-borbata-s-prestypnostta-2345809
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#43]

Although we are withholding long range fires still, I am impressed that when we send stuff it comes with EVERYTHING such as maintenance parts, replacement, munitions, training etc. Maybe not as extensive as Poland sending plane “parts” that happen to build a whole aircraft but close. 😃
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Seems to me the Orcs are hell bent to prove they can defeat Patriot, and seem absolutely willing to blow their load trying.

Do they not realize that even if they eventually get a missile through the world outside of Russia will see that it took hundreds of launches to make it happen. To paraphrase "it is far better to be thought to have a shitty missile product than to launch hundreds and remove any doubts".

To be honest, no one that makes any of those systems regardless if it's a European, or American want's to see things done half assed in it's implementation only to have the Russians and Chinese parade your gear around as if it is useless.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
On this Memorial Day, a solemn thank you and reverence for those who gave all to preserve the liberties we have in the United States.
View Quote

Memorial Day is a national Day of Remembrance, celebrated annually on the last Monday of May. This day is dedicated to the memory of American servicemen who have died in all wars and armed conflicts in which the United States has ever participated.

The tradition of celebrating this day was born after the American Civil War and was originally dedicated to the Northern soldiers who died in this war. After the First World War, soldiers who died in other military conflicts began to be remembered on this day.

Since 1971, Memorial Day has officially become a US national holiday. Americans visit cemeteries and war memorials on this day. The US flag is at half-mast until 12 o'clock local time. Many Americans consider it the actual start of summer. Traditionally, it is accompanied by family events, picnics and sports events.

A similar American holiday is Veterans Day, celebrated on November 11. This day is dedicated to all veterans, both living and dead.

P.S. in the USA there is an old saying - every peaceful day is Veteran's Day and Memorial Day.

American infantryman

https://t.me/usinfantryman1/14212

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Originally Posted By coralreefer:

That's big!  Thanks to Britain for manning up to the plate.

Yeah, and in more than a few reports there was absolutely no Russian air defense trying to engage the incoming strikes yesterday.  I am wondering if the first Storm Shadow launches were just tested with the MALD decoys to see how effective the Russian air defenses would be with both systems working together.   They may have gauged that the Storm Shadows don't need to be escorted in with decoys at every target depending on the known Russian SAM units in the area.  Which is fine, stealth systems make it so that you don't have to allot so many supporting elements to ensure a successful hit on the target.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Long POV video of an assault.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#47]
For the second time in a day, the enemy carried out a missile attack on the territory of Ukraine.

Around 11:30, it attacked Kyiv region with land-based ballistic and cruise missiles from the Iskander air defense missile defense system.

A total of 11 missiles were launched: "Iskander-M" and "Iskander-K" from the northern direction.

All targets were destroyed by air defense forces and means.

Together - to victory!🇺🇦

@CinCAFU

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#49]
The World’s Greatest Soap Opera.
The ban on mentioning Wagner seems to be real.

We publish a request from the editors of the VEK publication and the answer:
A scandal has been flaring up in social networks for several days due to the fact that it is forbidden to show and mention Wagner PMCs in the central media. Indeed, from the calculations of specialists it follows that the mention of PMC "Wagner" has fallen sharply, despite the fact that the popularity of PMC "Wagner" is at its peak after the capture of Artemovsk. There is information that the ban came from the Department of Internal Policy. Can you share your opinion on why this happened?

We publish a comment by Evgeny Prigozhin:
“Well, let's systematize the task. How can you systematically influence the fact that no major media outlets mention the word "PMC" Wagner "? First option. The President gave the order. Perhaps, but it seems to me that for this he should be given some initial data. Second. Sergey Vladilenovich Kiriyenko could have done this - give the command. Under Kiriyenko there is Yarin, who often plays his games and can easily do it. Then there is Aleksey Alekseevich Gromov, who oversees, but he has no influence on online publications, this is under Kiriyenko. Well, in fact, anyone could ask further, from Vaino to Dmitry Sergeevich Peskov, which is unlikely, since there is no global threat for them from the fact that Wagner PMCs are mentioned. Therefore, I think that, most likely, this is the internal policy department, which is trying to minimize the society's demand for justice and the society's demand for domestic Russian heroes. Because the heroes, of course, should remain bureaucratic officials who today govern the Russian state, and the only ones who should be thanked are them. Well, if they are not thanked, then they say: "Okay, God bless him, thank the president."

https://t.me/Prigozhin_hat/3495

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Prime:
For the second time in a day, the enemy carried out a missile attack on the territory of Ukraine.

Around 11:30, it attacked Kyiv region with land-based ballistic and cruise missiles from the Iskander air defense missile defense system.

A total of 11 missiles were launched: "Iskander-M" and "Iskander-K" from the northern direction.

All targets were destroyed by air defense forces and means.

Together - to victory!🇺🇦

@CinCAFU

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxS29-yXgAExsfn?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

I want so see a breakdown of the number of Iskander-M that were launched.  This would be a Patriot shootdown again.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4124 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top