Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4255 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Ghosted
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By klinc:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyjtUt6aAAALXaP?format=png&name=small

Additional footage in this tweet.

Replacement McDonalds are already in route.

Don’t fuck with Ronald and Grimace.  MOABs for Ukraine now!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106468/fsdfsdf_jpg-2851208.JPG

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

That’s actually hilarious.  Whether it’s true or not.

Wagner Vs. The Chechens!    Lets get it on!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fyk7VUwWcAQQroc?format=jpg&name=small

That’s actually hilarious.  Whether it’s true or not.

Wagner Vs. The Chechens!    Lets get it on!

Wait!  You left out the MoD!  This WWE worthy fight ring!!

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Was he the one by Kaderov's side when he signed over his group of TikTok warriors to the Russian MOD?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
We had heard a Russian Chechen HQ was destroyed. Now confirmed a top commander (#2?) was killed. Probably lots of other staffers as well. I believe this was at least 20 km behind the lines, perhaps more.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1440-2850961.jpg

Was he the one by Kaderov's side when he signed over his group of TikTok warriors to the Russian MOD?

I think it might be. Good catch!!

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Kadyrov posted a Delimkhanov photo, and Ukrainians modified it.

GOTD pic

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Medvedev's threats are completely hollow given that he spouts so much bullshit, buuuut I've kinda been wondering when Russia would go for some (more?)  undersea cables and I'm definitely expecting an asymmetrical response from Russia over the counter-offensive.

Russia now has free hand to destroy undersea communications cables, Putin ally says

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russias-medvedev-says-moscow-now-has-free-hand-destroy-enemies-undersea-2023-06-14/
View Quote

In before "America did it!" and the blame America first crowd.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/Rye8nsQ.jpg

What a fucking shithole.
View All Quotes

Russian village praises its fallen "hero". In the background you see the Russian World he was trying to bring to Ukraine.

What a fucking shithole.

I think if I lived there I'd join the Russian military as well. At least then I'd have a toilet and a washer and dryer set. I might not get paid but at least I'd have the promise of getting paid. I could probably get my hands on some fuel to sell on the black market, and, maybe, some tank optics or cancer-causing night vision to sell to unsuspecting Americans.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#9]

View Quote

it's fun to rip on McDonalds -- but in my experience -- McDonalds in other countries is usually not too bad.  served to a decent standard.  unlike a lot of ghetto McDs in the US...
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyjtUt6aAAALXaP?format=png&name=small

Additional footage in this tweet.

So it is war?! McDonalds are not safe now? I thought it was all propaganda!!  Somebody tell Tucker!! There’s a war! War!
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#11]

So it is war?! McDonalds are not safe now? I thought it was all propaganda!!  Somebody tell Tucker!! There’s a war! War!
View Quote

Well we were given indisputable proof that there wasn't a war going on because of a Tik Tok video from a McDonald's. I guess Russia got the memo and missiled the place.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Who would they aim those HIMARS at?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Who would they aim those HIMARS at?

Exactly. Russia is the only threat to Europe in the foreseeable future. If you are buddies with Russia why do you need any defense?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Prime:

GOTD pic

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Hahahahahaha LOL OMG hahhahahaha.... For those who don't speak Russian, the
goat is saying what can be the equivalent of "Peek-a-boo" in many situations.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
it's fun to rip on McDonalds -- but in my experience -- McDonalds in other countries is usually not too bad.  served to a decent standard.  unlike a lot of ghetto McDs in the US...
View Quote

In some poorer countries, ex-USSR included, any kind of eating out, even at a fast food chain, is considered an extravagance, and the McDonalds there reflect the fact. Yet another reminder of how good people in the US have it and take it for granted.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1668932286526390272

Denmark intends to restore the submarine fleet to deter the Russian Federation in the Baltic Sea — Breaking Defense.

Denmark is considering options to restore its submarine fleet, which it got rid of in 2004, amid threats from Russia. The local authorities are considering two options for maintaining security in the Baltic Sea: creating their own fleet or joint measures with partner countries.

"All ships of the Russian fleet have to pass through our waters if they come from St. Petersburg or Kaliningrad, so we should strengthen our defenses. This is a completely new realization for us," the head of the Danish foreign policy committee, Michael Aastrup Jensen, said in Washington. .

According to him, before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Denmark spent about 1.35% of GDP on defense, but this year the expenses will increase to 2%.

Good they are realizing their responsibility for that sea bottleneck. Seems it is so localized that perhaps lower cost submersible drone or even fixed anti-submarine/ship defenses might be more cost effective. Would like to hear expert opinion on whether there are better options than subs for a small region of control by a small country.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By EasTexan:
Something weird that I’ve noticed is that the average Russian conscript looks exactly like every meth head I've arrested.
View Quote

Being fed vodka from the time of conception to death will do that to people.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

McDs is my favorite fast food joint.  It’s pure comfort food for me.  I could probably eat it every day.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

3rd option:  Leave Ukraine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#21]

What a fucking shithole.
View Quote

And that's the nice time of the year in the village.  Fucking depressing!
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Russian TG posted a video showing the Zapoeozhya NP filmed from the right bank.
Looks like all the water separating the Ukrainian side had the nuclear plant is gone, how long before they can start crossing the mudflats?

https://t.me/grey_zone/19139
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:

goat is saying what can be the equivalent of "Peek-a-boo" in many situations.....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:

GOTD pic

Click To View Spoiler

Now it's even funnier lol.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I think if I lived there I'd join the Russian military as well. At least then I'd have a toilet and a washer and dryer set. I might not get paid but at least I'd have the promise of getting paid. I could probably get my hands on some fuel to sell on the black market, and, maybe, some tank optics or cancer-causing night vision to sell to unsuspecting Americans.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Russian village praises its fallen "hero". In the background you see the Russian World he was trying to bring to Ukraine.

What a fucking shithole.

Looks like my family's place in Tennessee,.in the 1940s.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

We'll know they've hit absolute rock bottom when they start targeting Dairy Queen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Ruskies are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel when they start targeting McDonalds. You can't get much lower.

We'll know they've hit absolute rock bottom when they start targeting Dairy Queen.

I think you mean Burger King.  But how would you know the difference between a BK that was bombed or not?
Dairy Queen burgers can be pretty decent, if they get them to the counter or window while still hot.  But I will say no thanks to FJB and his regimes retarded economic policies, a large cone is about now equivalent to a small cone in ice cream volume from not even a year ago
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#26]

What a fucking shithole.
View All Quotes

Russian village praises its fallen “hero”. In the background you see the Russian World he was trying to bring to Ukraine.

What a fucking shithole.

I swear, that pic looks like it came from the 12th Century . . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

In some poorer countries, ex-USSR included, any kind of eating out, even at a fast food chain, is considered an extravagance, and the McDonalds there reflect the fact. Yet another reminder of how good people in the US have it and take it for granted.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By voyager3:

I remember in Grade School, one of my Teachers (Not Indoctrinators) told the class that what Americans call necessities other countries call luxuries.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

This.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Their timing is also paramount to a war crime. It’s Grimmace’s birthday.
No I’m not kidding.
Taking out a McDs during Grimmace’s birthday celebrations has got to be a war crime.
View Quote

If anyone has ever wondered how Grimmace got his name, just compare a picture of him to a picture of a large purple butt plug.  Sorry, but you will never be able to scrub that mental image out of your head.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:52:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#30]

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
We don't know how many were recovered for repair but it does sting a little. I'm sure they're learning.

I honestly didn't think they'd use much Western armor for breaching minefields (other than the equipped mine clearing armor). I figured use the older stuff to support the mine clearing ops and use stuff like Brads for exploiting breakthroughs. Can't really take advantage of the optics and mobility crawling through an arty ravaged minefield. Idk
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
According to oryx Ukraine has lost 16 bradleys (15%) of the 109 supplied by the US.

I sure hope they learned some lessons this last week. They can't afford to keep losing them at that rate.
We don't know how many were recovered for repair but it does sting a little. I'm sure they're learning.

I honestly didn't think they'd use much Western armor for breaching minefields (other than the equipped mine clearing armor). I figured use the older stuff to support the mine clearing ops and use stuff like Brads for exploiting breakthroughs. Can't really take advantage of the optics and mobility crawling through an arty ravaged minefield. Idk

These have proven to be a foreseeable problem:

The Russians appear to have an unlimited number stockpiled.

U.S. breaching doctrine accounts for Soviet minefield doctrine.  But it does not appear every Ukr unit is adhering to our doctrine.

Granted, there may be too few mine-clearing vehicles available to the Ukr military.  

Or the fog of war is causing them to stray from their western training.  Or maybe it’s leftover Soviet-trained commanders?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Very interesting air defense contribution from Netherlands!  If it doesn't emit EM energy, is it just sensing aircraft and drone radar? Thermal? Or ???  400 km is a long way it seems for passive sensing?

the Netherlands will now purchase 4     #Czech-made VERA-NG Passive Surveillance ESM Trackers for Ukraine worth  150 million.

VERA-NG is designed to locate, identify and track up to
500 air, land and maritime targets simultaneously at ranges of up to 400km. It can also detect stealth aircraft and does not emit electromagnetic energy, so it cannot become a target for anti-radar missiles.

VERA-NG is in the arsenal of several countries around the world, including the     #Czech Army (532nd Electronic Warfare Battalion), where it is mounted on a Tatra 815-7 chassis.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:10:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#35]
Very interesting air defense contribution from Netherlands!  If it doesn't emit EM energy, is it just sensing aircraft and drone radar? Thermal? Or ???  400 km is a long way it seems for passive sensing?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1448-2851326.jpg

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1448-2851326.jpg

the Netherlands will now purchase 4     #Czech-made VERA-NG Passive Surveillance ESM Trackers for Ukraine worth  150 million.

VERA-NG is designed to locate, identify and track up to
500 air, land and maritime targets simultaneously at ranges of up to 400km. It can also detect stealth aircraft and does not emit electromagnetic energy, so it cannot become a target for anti-radar missiles.

VERA-NG is in the arsenal of several countries around the world, including the     #Czech Army (532nd Electronic Warfare Battalion), where it is mounted on a Tatra 815-7 chassis.

It is an ESM or electronic support measure system.  Any Russian units foolish enough to turn on their radar can be located.

If anyone has trouble sleeping, I recommend reading the .pdf for this system.

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Passive-radar%3A-Here-comes-the-new-generation-Bicik/45658eaaea63bedf782d690f13cc224719b0dd55

A novel method for time-frequency signal analysis and chirp rate estimation dedicated for electromagnetic spectrum sensing, electronic warfare, electronic intelligence and/or passive bistatic radar purposes in which frequency modulated signals occur is presented, based on a Gaussian window with two degrees of freedom.

More entertaining is the video that shows how it works here.

https://www.era.aero/en/military-security/vera-ng
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#40]

I laughed
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#41]
Originally Posted By elcope:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1669034142061797411

Shells delivered to Ruasian troops in Luhansk....

I don't want to stand near the artillery using those  

It arrived like this? lol.  I need a tetanus shot just for looking at these.   These are tank rounds.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

So we tell Hungary to get serious about NATO and now that they try to increase their defense spending we punish them for it? Seems dumb to me as it undermines NATO. We sell weapons to every Middle Eastern dictator but refuse to sell them to a NATO member? It will drive Hungary further away from the US as they question whether Article 5 even applies to them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:

I laughed
View Quote

Reminds me of the "Le Capitaine Casse-Cou" novel by Louis Boussenard about the Boer Wars, where a similar international volunteer unit had a colorful character who was a polyglot helping to keep the unit together. Trigger warning: the author was an anglophobe.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:59:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#45]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

They must have raided the burn pit to get those. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif
View All Quotes

lol.

I see how spoiled we are.  Each round we ship comes in the special shipping container, as pictured for example.

http://www.concocontainers.com/products_im.htm

All containers listed below are pretreated with a Type I, Zinc Phosphate coating, in accordance with TT-C-490, and a top coat paint compliant to MIL-E-52891. Containers are produced to the following specifications: DTL 12961080A, QAP 12990775, AD 13001473.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FykB8d1aMAErpIf?format=png&name=small
View Quote

Great opportunity to turn over boobytrapped arms and munitions that will in turn be issued by the MoD.

No serious cell is turning shit in.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:06:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#48]

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#49]
It arrived like this? lol.  I need a tetanus shot just for looking at these.   These are tank rounds.
View Quote
Reminiscent of that cache of antique Martin Henry rifles they found in Lagan Silekhana Palace in Katmandu in 2000.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Ukraine, GET SOME!

CMOS  
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4255 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top