Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4256 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By elcope:

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1669034142061797411

Shells delivered to Ruasian troops in Luhansk....

I don't want to stand near the artillery using those  

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FymZs9NXoAouxMQ?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FymZtGxXgAAZn5_?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FymZtQ2XoBsReJg?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FymZs0hXoA8Z1IG?format=jpg&name=large

It arrived like this? lol.  I need a tetanus shot just for looking at these.   These are tank rounds.

To be fair, that's 115mm. It's probably been in a non-climate-controlled warehouse, if it's lucky, since 1965.

It also shoots in the foot the whole "the T-62 is only for infantry support" spiel.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By strykr:

So we tell Hungary to get serious about NATO and now that they try to increase their defense spending we punish them for it? Seems dumb to me as it undermines NATO. We sell weapons to every Middle Eastern dictator but refuse to sell them to a NATO member? It will drive Hungary further away from the US as they question whether Article 5 even applies to them.
View Quote

It may just be that they are not aligned with us, and should take their chances with being invaded by Russia (again) on their own. Lot of BS coming from them last little while.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#3]

So we tell Hungary to get serious about NATO and now that they try to increase their defense spending we punish them for it? Seems dumb to me as it undermines NATO. We sell weapons to every Middle Eastern dictator but refuse to sell them to a NATO member? It will drive Hungary further away from the US as they question whether Article 5 even applies to them.
View Quote

Maybe talk is cheap? Sounds like a barganing ultimatum.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]

It is an ESM or electronic support measure system.  Any Russian units foolish enough to turn on their radar can be located.

https://www.era.aero/img/TDOA-principle-2021-EN.png

If anyone has trouble sleeping, I recommend reading the .pdf for this system.

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Passive-radar%3A-Here-comes-the-new-generation-Bicik/45658eaaea63bedf782d690f13cc224719b0dd55

More entertaining is the video that shows how it works here.

https://www.era.aero/en/military-security/vera-ng
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Very interesting air defense contribution from Netherlands!  If it doesn't emit EM energy, is it just sensing aircraft and drone radar? Thermal? Or ???  400 km is a long way it seems for passive sensing?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1448-2851326.jpg

the Netherlands will now purchase 4     #Czech-made VERA-NG Passive Surveillance ESM Trackers for Ukraine worth  150 million.

VERA-NG is designed to locate, identify and track up to
500 air, land and maritime targets simultaneously at ranges of up to 400km. It can also detect stealth aircraft and does not emit electromagnetic energy, so it cannot become a target for anti-radar missiles.

VERA-NG is in the arsenal of several countries around the world, including the     #Czech Army (532nd Electronic Warfare Battalion), where it is mounted on a Tatra 815-7 chassis.

It is an ESM or electronic support measure system.  Any Russian units foolish enough to turn on their radar can be located.

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Passive-radar%3A-Here-comes-the-new-generation-Bicik/45658eaaea63bedf782d690f13cc224719b0dd55

A novel method for time-frequency signal analysis and chirp rate estimation dedicated for electromagnetic spectrum sensing, electronic warfare, electronic intelligence and/or passive bistatic radar purposes in which frequency modulated signals occur is presented, based on a Gaussian window with two degrees of freedom.

So kind of the reverse of the old Loran navigation tower system. Time of arrival and direction of a signal is collected by multiple sensors and the position and velocity of the target is calculated.  Very cool!
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Not quite as big boom as I was expecting
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

To be fair, that's 115mm. It's probably been in a non-climate-controlled warehouse, if it's lucky, since 1965.

It also shoots in the foot the whole "the T-62 is only for infantry support" spiel.
View Quote

But why even bother to ship? Russians.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#8]

lol.

I see how spoiled we are.  Each round we ship comes in the special shipping container, as pictured for example.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FK58rQEVQAAiS36.png

http://www.concocontainers.com/products_im.htm

View All Quotes

lol.

I see how spoiled we are.  Each round we ship comes in the special shipping container, as pictured for example.

All containers listed below are pretreated with a Type I, Zinc Phosphate coating, in accordance with TT-C-490, and a top coat paint compliant to MIL-E-52891. Containers are produced to the following specifications: DTL 12961080A, QAP 12990775, AD 13001473.

The penetrator rod tips look like they are bent or sagged.  
That’s pretty good to bend a tungsten rod like that.    Maybe there’s a plastic sleeve on them so no one puts their eye out, but there a some that still look bent
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Maybe Hungary can stop blocking every NATO move. They conflate EU issues with NATO, repeatedly try to obstruct aid to Ukraine because Putin has his hand up Orban’s ass. NATO made it simple. Quit blocking Sweden and you get your toys.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View All Quotes

Because the commander of Ordinance Bunker 24601 has been embezzling most of his facility's funds forever, and by shipping them be can check the box that he sent them. Refusing to ship them because they are degraded garbage would make him look bad, where now he can claim they were fine when they left and blame someone else.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:01:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#11]
More history to counter the lies. There have been several other videos in this series.

I like this comparison from another source
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Because the commander of Ordinance Bunker 24601 has been embezzling most of his facility's funds forever, and by shipping them be can check the box that he sent them. Refusing to ship them because they are degraded garbage would make him look bad, where now he can claim they were fine when they left and blame someone else.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

This was a rhetorical question.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

If an F-22 shoots down a propeller bomber does anyone even see it? Did it even happen?

I know nothink!
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#15]
More history to counter the lies. There have been several other videos in this series.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1452-2851391.jpg
View Quote

It's like France invaded Italy, claiming to be the true successor of the Roman empire
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Even Russian circuses are depressing!  Can’t wait to taste the free bread!
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

It's like France invaded Italy, claiming to be the true successor of the Roman empire
View All Quotes

Great analogy!
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#19]

It may just be that they are not aligned with us, and should take their chances with being invaded by Russia (again) on their own. Lot of BS coming from them last little while.
View All Quotes

Is this not a step in the right direction? What should Hungary do to better align with NATO goals? Is higher defense spending not what we would like to see? Making them feel like they are on their own will make them even more cautious and less likely to stand up against Russia.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Great analogy!
View All Quotes

Great analogy!
That sort of happened, Charles VIII, 1494
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Even Russian circuses are depressing!  Can't wait to taste the free bread!
View Quote
urm, no that's all I got
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Maybe Hungary can stop blocking every NATO move. They conflate EU issues with NATO, repeatedly try to obstruct aid to Ukraine because Putin has his hand up Orban's ass. NATO made it simple. Quit blocking Sweden and you get your toys.
View Quote

Aren't they following Turkey's lead on this? I am not familiar with why they are blocking Sweden.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Is this not a step in the right direction? What should Hungary do to better align with NATO goals? Is higher defense spending not what we would like to see? Making them feel like they are on their own will make them even more cautious and less likely to stand up against Russia.
View Quote

Shit or get off the pot. It's a time for choosing.

They can pick NATO or they can pick Russia and either way we will have a clear foreign policy for them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Frank and his traveling beaver show.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Excellent article on the Holodomor. Starvation in Europes bread basket. Nothing has changed. Anyone expecting Russia to change after a defeat is sorely mistaken. Their entire history is the oppression and demeaning of life.

Lots of pictures and details.
https://kyivindependent.com/holodomor-soviet-unions-man-made-famine-in-ukraine/
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

They fly a long way, but that airfield is close to Finland... would be a shame if some saboteurs snuck in and hit those crews.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sq40:

McDs is my favorite fast food joint.  It’s pure comfort food for me.  I could probably eat it every day.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

Don’t fuck with Ronald and Grimace.  MOABs for Ukraine now!

it's fun to rip on McDonalds -- but in my experience -- McDonalds in other countries is usually not too bad.  served to a decent standard.  unlike a lot of ghetto McDs in the US...

McDs is my favorite fast food joint.  It’s pure comfort food for me.  I could probably eat it every day.

It's the horrendous service that keeps me away. Well that, and there's a CFA on the same block where the food is served fast, fresh and by friendly people. Plus my son works there, so I know a lot of the workers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#30]

[color=#ff0000]But why even bother to ship? [/color]Russians.

View All Quotes

[color=#ff0000]But why even bother to ship? [/color]Russians.

"Yes sir, ammo has been shipped as ordered."
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Aren't they following Turkey's lead on this? I am not familiar with why they are blocking Sweden.
View Quote

Turkey had some specific demands of Sweden.  Something about anti-Turk gov immigrants to Sweden they consider terrorists, I think.  Sweden can choose to placate them or not.

There's nothing Sweden can do to placate Hungary as far as I can see.   Because their blocking Sweden has nothing to do with Sweden.  They're just using them as leverage against the EU.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

What good to NATO is Hungarian defense spending if they are hostile to other NATO members? Do you really think Hungary is coming to ANYONE’S aid?  
The blocked Finland and Sweden entry.  They repeatedly blocked aid to Ukraine.

NATO is a MUTUAL defense alliance not a loner shopping mall.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Turkey had some specific demands of Sweden.  Something about anti-Turk gov immigrants to Sweden they consider terrorists, I think.  Sweden can choose to placate them or not.

There's nothing Sweden can do to placate Hungary as far as I can see.   Because their blocking Sweden has nothing to do with Sweden.  They're just using them as leverage against the EU.
View Quote

So just another case of Hungary being stupid for no reason and this is our way of sending them a message. Gotcha.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:35:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Andy2] [#34]

So just another case of Hungary being stupid for no reason and this is our way of sending them a message. Gotcha.
View Quote

It strikes me as sending the message of "You're not the only one who has leverage.  You don't want to play the leverage game.  We have more of it."

Don't get me wrong... I think Hungary has some legit grievances with the EU.   But using its NATO membership veto as leverage on those issues is stupid and dangerous.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Maybe Hungary can stop blocking every NATO move. They conflate EU issues with NATO, repeatedly try to obstruct aid to Ukraine because Putin has his hand up Orban's ass. NATO made it simple. Quit blocking Sweden and you get your toys.

The only thing I have heard is they don’t like EU immigration requirements so they try to use NATO to get revenge on EU. That is how retarded Orban is. Plus, he is Putin’s puppet and Putin does not want NATO to expand. He got a cheap construction loan on their biggest nuke plant from Putin so he is owned.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

McDonalds strikes may actually improve Ukrainian morale.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Ruskies are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel when they start targeting McDonalds. You can't get much lower.

McDonalds strikes may actually improve Ukrainian morale.

Replace it with a chick-fil-a and they might start targeting McD's themselves.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#37]

The only thing I have heard is they don't like EU immigration requirements so they try to use NATO to get revenge on EU. That is how retarded Orban is. Plus, he is Putin's puppet and Putin does not want NATO to expand. He got a cheap construction loan on their biggest nuke plant from Putin so he is owned.
View All Quotes

The only thing I have heard is they don't like EU immigration requirements so they try to use NATO to get revenge on EU. That is how retarded Orban is. Plus, he is Putin's puppet and Putin does not want NATO to expand. He got a cheap construction loan on their biggest nuke plant from Putin so he is owned.

I agree, it is definitely in their interest to stay on good terms with NATO. Seems like Orban has become a detriment to his country and should be voted out ASAP.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CMOS:

I swear, that pic looks like it came from the 12th Century . . . .

CMOS
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CMOS:
https://i.imgur.com/Rye8nsQ.jpg

Russian village praises its fallen “hero”. In the background you see the Russian World he was trying to bring to Ukraine.

What a fucking shithole.

I swear, that pic looks like it came from the 12th Century . . . .

CMOS

That is how most of Russia looks like outside of bigger cities. It’s a crap hole. Conscripts come from the poorest regions … most are malnourished.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

How long has Ukraine been its own country in the last 1000 years?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#41]
18 min ago.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Full article here.

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/3428002/donor-nations-providing-security-assistance-training-for-ukraine/
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Very interesting air defense contribution from Netherlands!  If it doesn't emit EM energy, is it just sensing aircraft and drone radar? Thermal? Or ???  400 km is a long way it seems for passive sensing?

Is this maybe an HF "radar".  Which has a HF (High Frequency in other words 3 to 30 Mhz) transmitter on one side of the country and this is the remote receiver that detects anomalies between the transmitter and the receiver site?  Like the many HF radars we see on the HF bands nowadays, and like that old Duga 3 installation that was operational near Chernobyl back in the day? If it doesn't emit RF, that is all I can think of.
View All Quotes

the Netherlands will now purchase 4     #Czech-made VERA-NG Passive Surveillance ESM Trackers for Ukraine worth  150 million.

500 air, land and maritime targets simultaneously at ranges of up to 400km. It can also detect stealth aircraft and does not emit electromagnetic energy, so it cannot become a target for anti-radar missiles.

VERA-NG is in the arsenal of several countries around the world, including the     #Czech Army (532nd Electronic Warfare Battalion), where it is mounted on a Tatra 815-7 chassis.

Is this maybe an HF "radar".  Which has a HF (High Frequency in other words 3 to 30 Mhz) transmitter on one side of the country and this is the remote receiver that detects anomalies between the transmitter and the receiver site?  Like the many HF radars we see on the HF bands nowadays, and like that old Duga 3 installation that was operational near Chernobyl back in the day? If it doesn't emit RF, that is all I can think of.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Could be way off but those look like 100mm 3BM25’s.

T-55 ammo.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

A novel method for time-frequency signal analysis and chirp rate estimation dedicated for electromagnetic spectrum sensing, electronic warfare, electronic intelligence and/or passive bistatic radar purposes in which frequency modulated signals occur is presented, based on a Gaussian window with two degrees of freedom.

aha, now I understand what it  does
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#46]

What good to NATO is Hungarian defense spending if they are hostile to other NATO members? Do you really think Hungary is coming to ANYONE’S aid?  
The blocked Finland and Sweden entry.  They repeatedly blocked aid to Ukraine.

NATO is a MUTUAL defense alliance not a loner shopping mall.
View Quote

Kick hungary out of nato
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Soviets also used steel penetrators as far as I remember and those thing look ancient.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Originally Posted By JQ66:

lol.

All containers listed below are pretreated with a Type I, Zinc Phosphate coating, in accordance with TT-C-490, and a top coat paint compliant to MIL-E-52891. Containers are produced to the following specifications: DTL 12961080A, QAP 12990775, AD 13001473.

The penetrator rod tips look like they are bent or sagged.  
That's pretty good to bend a tungsten rod like that.    Maybe there's a plastic sleeve on them so no one puts their eye out, but there a some that still look bent

Soviets also used steel penetrators as far as I remember and those thing look ancient.

I doubt they're bent. It's most likely photo angle.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Excellent article on the Holodomor. Starvation in Europes bread basket. Nothing has changed. Anyone expecting Russia to change after a defeat is sorely mistaken. Their entire history is the oppression and demeaning of life.

Lots of pictures and details.
https://kyivindependent.com/holodomor-soviet-unions-man-made-famine-in-ukraine/
View Quote

This is why someone thought of making
a nuclear bomb; for people like this.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4256 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top