Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4258 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:39:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I don't know if this has been posted here. But can someone tell me why a war map has bacon on it?
View Quote

If I remember that map correctly, sometimes Russian forces are depicted as little pigs with helmets.  The strike mentioned was reported to have at least 200 casualties, so bacon was shown to show a mass casualty event.  

Edit, The answer Prime gave seems just as reasonable.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By realwar:
The Russian Soldier Who Surrendered to a Ukrainian Drone

Full Story
View Quote

Sadly there is a pay wall.

My father was a Finnish Winter War and Continuation War vet.   At one point some Russians surrendered to his unit.   They just repeatedly said "Tajikistan".  My father always assumed Russia shipped them there and they really had no desire to fight for Russia.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Yeah, I think EU has far outgrown its original market place purpose. It is now a heavy handed tyrant for social engineering and subversion of sovereignty. UK was smart to exit. Countries should look for cooperation and markets in other places like Brazil, Korea, Philippines etc. then use those trade relationships as leverage for bilateral agreements with the big European countries like Germany and France. No small country is going to be better off in the EU. You get forever loans, but get screwed on exports, environmental and social policy. Does anyone really think that France or Germany is going to let any other country get a good deal from THEM in control? So yes, stay the hell out of the EU.

The war in Ukraine has shown the bloated weakness of NATO. The Western countries don’t give a fuck for defense spending because they know Russia has to slog through Eastern and Central Europe first. They feel zero skin in the game. The UK is the only half awake western country. The nuclear shield is only provided by the US, UK and France? Anyone believe France is going to be reliable?  Those countries under immediate threat from Russia ought to form the Skin Alliance with bilateral agreement with the US for Nuke shield. Fuck NATO. I mean, NATO is the best game in town for now. But the future requires more agility and more solidarity than we see from NATO. It took them a year to admit Russia might be a threat to their interests, sort of, maybe. If I was President of an eastern European country I would be in heavy talks with Poland, Baltics and Nordics, Japan, Korea, UK and the US. Forget the others. Italy, Austria, Hungary, Greece, Spain et al are inconsequential for contributions and are only risks for obstruction. Everybody has an oar in the water at all times or you get booted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/migrant_jpeg-2851491.JPG
Originally Posted By strykr:
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:
Originally Posted By strykr:

So we tell Hungary to get serious about NATO and now that they try to increase their defense spending we punish them for it? Seems dumb to me as it undermines NATO. We sell weapons to every Middle Eastern dictator but refuse to sell them to a NATO member? It will drive Hungary further away from the US as they question whether Article 5 even applies to them.

It may just be that they are not aligned with us, and should take their chances with being invaded by Russia (again) on their own. Lot of BS coming from them last little while.

Is this not a step in the right direction? What should Hungary do to better align with NATO goals? Is higher defense spending not what we would like to see? Making them feel like they are on their own will make them even more cautious and less likely to stand up against Russia.

What good to NATO is Hungarian defense spending if they are hostile to other NATO members? Do you really think Hungary is coming to ANYONE’S aid?  
The blocked Finland and Sweden entry.  They repeatedly blocked aid to Ukraine.

NATO is a MUTUAL defense alliance not a loner shopping mall.

It's mainly about the migrant issue again and that the EU is demanding that Hungary accept 10k migrants into the country as part of their quota of migrants.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20230612_102840_jpg-2851488.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20230612_102704_jpg-2851489.JPG

So it is a tit for tat in that, the EU puts away its quota and then Hungary will vote on Sweden and get them accepted.

Finland vote happened because the EU caved to Hungary and allowed the final permits and approvals for the PaksII plant which was taking over 9 years for the EU to approve it.

This means that the EU can play ball when it comes to Hungary.

They want Sweden?

Then let Sweden take Hungarys quota of 10k fucken invading migrants.

And then just like that, Hungary will approve Sweden's entry.

Sounds bad, but its all politics and Hungary wanting their EU funding which the EU owes 2 years of it now and the migrant issue.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/migrant_jpeg-2851493.JPG

Except NATO is not EU. A simple concept Orban seems incapable of understanding.

Aside from that elephant in the room Hungary wants to enjoy EU benifits but not the responsibilities. I mean sure I want that as wel in my daily life but as a nation state and high contracting party it's different set of rules.

For the record I am very much in favor of a complete overhaul of EU asylum law so Hungary and the others need to adress the issue within the given legal framwork OR step out of said framework.
Just a couple of days ago a step in the right direction was agreed in the sense that countries wil be able to pay not to have to take asylum seekers.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/08/eu-agrees-radical-reforms-migration-asylum-laws  

In a sense it's also not fair to burden Italy/Greece ect with the full costs effort of all the stuff that lands of their shore and for some reason none of the new arrivals seem to think 'Oh I think Hungary/Poland/Czech ect. will give me some nice free shit, I'll move there' Thus leaving the more guillible EU members to pick up the slack.

PSA: I have no problem with guniune asylum seekers BUT a large part of the people landing are just out for free shit. My personal EU plan is grant asylum to women and children and the over fucking whelming amount of single men of millitary age get a parachute and a rifle when they are dropped of in ther repective shithole to fix it.

To point this is what it looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdwJmyRycs

Yeah, I think EU has far outgrown its original market place purpose. It is now a heavy handed tyrant for social engineering and subversion of sovereignty. UK was smart to exit. Countries should look for cooperation and markets in other places like Brazil, Korea, Philippines etc. then use those trade relationships as leverage for bilateral agreements with the big European countries like Germany and France. No small country is going to be better off in the EU. You get forever loans, but get screwed on exports, environmental and social policy. Does anyone really think that France or Germany is going to let any other country get a good deal from THEM in control? So yes, stay the hell out of the EU.

The war in Ukraine has shown the bloated weakness of NATO. The Western countries don’t give a fuck for defense spending because they know Russia has to slog through Eastern and Central Europe first. They feel zero skin in the game. The UK is the only half awake western country. The nuclear shield is only provided by the US, UK and France? Anyone believe France is going to be reliable?  Those countries under immediate threat from Russia ought to form the Skin Alliance with bilateral agreement with the US for Nuke shield. Fuck NATO. I mean, NATO is the best game in town for now. But the future requires more agility and more solidarity than we see from NATO. It took them a year to admit Russia might be a threat to their interests, sort of, maybe. If I was President of an eastern European country I would be in heavy talks with Poland, Baltics and Nordics, Japan, Korea, UK and the US. Forget the others. Italy, Austria, Hungary, Greece, Spain et al are inconsequential for contributions and are only risks for obstruction. Everybody has an oar in the water at all times or you get booted.

I wouldn't have an issue with abolishing NATO in favor of defense pacts with the UK, the Baltics, Poland, Ukraine, etc. Those countries are actually our friends for the most part, unlike France and Germany. I honestly think that the French and German governments were probably more upset than Putin when Kyiv didn't fall in a matter of days, because that meant they'd actually have to do something. I highly suspect that they hoped Ukraine would get run over in a few days, that way they could slap some token sanctions on Russia and get back to business as usual. Plus, the two of them have a lot of culpability in terms of allowing this to happen. Both of them have let their militaries rot significantly post-cold war (Germany more so), and Germany willingly gave Putin the tools to hold them hostage economically.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

If I remember that map correctly, sometimes Russian forces are depicted as little pigs with helmets.  The strike mentioned was reported to have at least 200 casualties, so bacon was shown to show a mass casualty event.
View Quote

How about some pulled Orc sammiches?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:43:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#5]
ISW assessment for June 14th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-june-14-2023

Russian forces conducted missile and drone strikes across Ukraine on June 14. The Ukrainian General Staff reported that Russian forces launched six Kh-22 cruise missiles, four Kalibr cruise missiles, and 10 Shahed 131/136 drones and noted that Ukrainian forces destroyed three Kh-22 missiles and nine Shaheds.[19] Ukrainian General Staff Spokesperson Andriy Kovalev reported that Russian forces targeted infrastructure facilities in Kharkiv, Donetsk, Kirovohrad, and Odesa oblasts.[20]
View Quote

These attacks are getting smaller each day.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]

That sort of looks like a marine sock puppet
View Quote
Ha
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

That too.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

How many fucking WarMonitors are there?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Individualist:
Lulz..

How many fucking WarMonitors are there?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ED_P:

My father was a Finnish Winter War and Continuation War vet.   At one point some Russians surrendered to his unit.   They just repeatedly said "Tajikistan".  My father always assumed Russia shipped them there and they really had no desire to fight for Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
The Russian Soldier Who Surrendered to a Ukrainian Drone

Full Story

It seems “Russia” is really Moscow with a bunch of serf provinces. Regardless of nominal title, there is a tsar, surrounded by an elite nobility and functionaries. Everyone else is a commodity to be used for the enrichment of this elite class in Moscow. Fighting is done my the provincial peasants.  Any nasty work is fine on the provinces. The economy is based on pillage of one form or another. There is no concept of increasing one’s productivity and therefore wealth. Instead, to increase wealth you find some more provinces to add to your kingdom to be pillaged.

“It’s cold in Moscow, throw another serf on the fire!”
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#12]
The Bears are graceful and beautiful airframes, but I would still prefer to see a flaming ball of metal plummeting to a watery grave.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

My Finnish father was 15 when the Winter War started.

Although he was considered too young to fight, he was given the job of transporting Finnish war dead back from the front lines.

Needless to say, that was quite a load to bear for a 15 year old, and his hatred of the Russians was off the chart.

Wish he would have lived long enough to see this evil, pernicious country reduced to third world status.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#15]

It seems “Russia” is really Moscow with a bunch of serf provinces. Regardless of nominal title, there is a tsar, surrounded by an elite nobility and functionaries. Everyone else is a commodity to be used for the enrichment of this elite class in Moscow. Fighting is done my the provincial peasants.  Any nasty work is fine on the provinces. The economy is based on pillage of one form or another. There is no concept of increasing one’s productivity and therefore wealth. Instead, to increase wealth you find some more provinces to add to your kingdom to be pillaged.

View Quote

It seems strikingly similar to Panem in the hunger games books. A centralized capital (Moscow) and a well to do district (st. Petersburg) and all of the surrounding districts exists purely to fuel a decent lifestyle for those 2 place. No one else gets much food and electricity and people are regularly sent to die an the off chance they can make a few bucks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
NATO has become more of a political organization like the EU, rather than being a military defense organization.  That explains Hungary's behavior towards NATO votes.
View Quote

Is Sweden's membership in NATO a military defense issue or a completely unrelated political issue?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Fuck Putin and his generals.
Fuck Biden, the senators, and the congressmen who have slow rolled lethal support to Ukraine.
Fuck the worthless

Godspeed to the good people of Ukraine and may God protect and guide them to victory over the evil that has attacked them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Russian tanker captain says: Hold my beerski!

Oil accidents are pretty common in Russia, but the Norilsk oil spill is considered the worst of its kind in the country

With video hilarity
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#19]

I wouldn't have an issue with abolishing NATO in favor of defense pacts with the UK, the Baltics, Poland, Ukraine, etc. Those countries are actually our friends for the most part, unlike France and Germany. I honestly think that the French and German governments were probably more upset than Putin when Kyiv didn't fall in a matter of days, because that meant they'd actually have to do something. I highly suspect that they hoped Ukraine would get run over in a few days, that way they could slap some token sanctions on Russia and get back to business as usual. Plus, the two of them have a lot of culpability in terms of allowing this to happen. Both of them have let their militaries rot significantly post-cold war (Germany more so), and Germany willingly gave Putin the tools to hold them hostage economically.
View Quote

I think Biden was right there with them...
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:11:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#21]

As an insult to Islam or suggesting long pork is on the grill?
View Quote

I assume the former, there have been a handful of videos of guys rubbing fat on bullets.

LOL, I like AT’s answer better
They do use pigs a lot on maps. In that case, it could have a dual meaning, but “fried pig” meaning seems more likely.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Is Sweden's membership in NATO a military defense issue or a completely unrelated political issue?
View Quote

It's an orban is a dick issue.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

It seems strikingly similar to Panem in the hunger games books. A centralized capital (Moscow) and a well to do district (st. Petersburg) and all of the surrounding districts exists purely to fuel a decent lifestyle for those 2 place. No one else gets much food and electricity and people are regularly sent to die a the off chance they can make a few bucks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

It seems strikingly similar to Panem in the hunger games books. A centralized capital (Moscow) and a well to do district (st. Petersburg) and all of the surrounding districts exists purely to fuel a decent lifestyle for those 2 place. No one else gets much food and electricity and people are regularly sent to die a the off chance they can make a few bucks.

That does sound the same!
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Pretty much sums it up
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Fuck Biden, the senators, and the congressmen who have slow rolled lethal support to Ukraine.
Fuck the worthless

Godspeed to the good people of Ukraine and may God protect and guide them to victory over the evil that has attacked them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Fuck the worthless

Worthy synopsis. Should be repeated weekly.

It would be hard to tell we are the world’s lone superpower by the relatively paltry sends we’ve done compared to our ability and surplus.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Who's making these?? Lol
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#31]

The war in Ukraine has shown the bloated weakness of NATO. The Western countries don't give a fuck for defense spending because they know Russia has to slog through Eastern and Central Europe first. They feel zero skin in the game. The UK is the only half awake western country. The nuclear shield is only provided by the US, UK and France? Anyone believe France is going to be reliable?  Those countries under immediate threat from Russia ought to form the Skin Alliance with bilateral agreement with the US for Nuke shield. Fuck NATO. I mean, NATO is the best game in town for now. But the future requires more agility and more solidarity than we see from NATO. It took them a year to admit Russia might be a threat to their interests, sort of, maybe. If I was President of an eastern European country I would be in heavy talks with Poland, Baltics and Nordics, Japan, Korea, UK and the US. Forget the others. Italy, Austria, Hungary, Greece, Spain et al are inconsequential for contributions and are only risks for obstruction. Everybody has an oar in the water at all times or you get booted.
View Quote
10/10 geopolitical rant.  Extra credit for rational strategery
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#32]
New Michael Kofman appearance on War on the Rocks. Going to copy and paste the synopsis from elsewhere.

Notes:

. "It's far too early for any kind of assessment."

. Fighting resembles Kherson rather than Kharkiv, as expected.

. The counteroffensive will play out over the next weeks or two months. Typical campaigns play out over two to three months and cycle between attritional and maneuver phases.

. Early gains so far are not insignificant, though still short of Russia's defensive lines.

. Ukraine has yet to deploy the bulk of their forces, likely awaiting lucrative opportunities to exploit.

. Plenty of visual evidence of Ukrainian losses.

. Excessively optimistic expectations have been falsified.

. Zapo is defended by a "reasonable density of Russian forces". Ukraine is up against 58th army ("not been particularly exhausted"), 7th guard air assault division as the main reserve force, and the remnants of the naval infantry.

. Western-trained and -equipped brigades have since appeared. Based on limited evidence, main advantage of western equipment is enhanced survivability. Despite equipment losses, casualties are relatively lower.

. Nonetheless, western equipment is still vulnerable to Russian measures. Scarce breaching equipment is first to be lost.

. Many of the newly trained brigades are still green. Ukraine is trying to attach experienced units to them and employ veteran brigades on the offensive.

. However, impressions are based on the few brigades that have appeared while many are still held in reserve.

. Images on social media should be treated with caution, as the same tactical events and losses are repeatedly amplified for effect.

. Ukraine was provided with a large amount of artillery for this offensive, likely giving them an advantage over Russian artillery in the south.

. Ukraine likely no longer suffering from shell hunger as it had been earlier.

. Results so far have been mixed. Further results will depend on how well Ukraine can exploit a breakthrough and whether Russian forces can counteract a breakthrough.

. Ukraine still has a shortage of short-range air defense, vulnerable to rotary aircraft.

. Minefields are a significant obstacle. Russia is also laying down more mines with rockets.

. Bakhmut is still a grinding fight. Ukraine is making incremental gains, but at a price.

. Some activity around Kreminna. "I wouldn't be surprised if we see something emerge in Luhansk", possibly a limited attack.

. Two Weeks at the Front in Ukraine in The New Yorker is a "great article", sobering and realistic, matches his own experience in Ukraine.

. Romantic impressions of the war are distortionary.

. What the Ukrainian Armed Forces Need to Do to Win is a "great read", independently corroborates his own impressions.

. The Ukrainian military is still evolving from its Soviet roots to western-style practices. Impressions that it is largely the latter are premature.

. You should be careful about assessing the counteroffensive so far when you don't even know what Ukraine's internal expectations are.

. "I'm going to leave my own assessment criteria a little in the dark".

. "Commentators in the West have grossly overhyped expectations", which is unhelpful.

. While western equipment has many advantages at the tactical level, the main thing that matters is force employment and aggregate numbers, not "game-changers".
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Who's making these?? Lol
View Quote
I'm not sure. You can probably do an image search and find it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#35]
While I agree the Hungarian negotiation using Sweden's NATO accession to pull off some items with the EU is crap, you've got to look at it from a negotiation standpoint.  

Think of it as a child's relationship where they are playing off the parents against one another.  In this case Hungary is simply telling the mother (NATO), you can bring another orphan into the house w/o me throwing a shit fit all the time - if Dad (EU) doesn't make me mow the lawn 10,000 times this summer.  It's the only card they have to play, and in order to succeed in domestic politics, it's the one they have.  We're all correct, it's petulant, and BS, but they don't have another effective way to be part of the EU w/o having to comply w/ everything the EU requires of them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#37]
It had to come to this. Video of Russian meeting, with nuances.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
Fuck
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#40]

What are these characters? I see this little shark dude and 2 others usually in hsts, are they from a Ukrainian cartoon or is there another meaning to them? I like shark one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:

What are these characters? I see this little shark dude and 2 others usually in hsts, are they from a Ukrainian cartoon or is there another meaning to them? I like shark one.
View Quote
They are Florksofcows https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/flork-of-cows

https://knowyourmeme.com/editorials/guides/what-is-explosive-reactive-armor-and-why-are-ukrainian-flork-of-cows-soldiers-putting-it-on-everything

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Is flork. Do bonk to AT round with Kontakt. Most special.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Google Flork Of Cows. I’m not sure who created them but the pro Ukrainian faction has adopted them, I wish I could be more helpful but that’s all I know. I think they came from Reddit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:52:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#45]
Originally Posted By B5Sluggo:
While I agree the Hungarian negotiation using Sweden's NATO accession to pull off some items with the EU is crap, you've got to look at it from a negotiation standpoint.  

Think of it as a child's relationship where they are playing off the parents against one another.  In this case Hungary is simply telling the mother (NATO), you can bring another orphan into the house w/o me throwing a shit fit all the time - if Dad (EU) doesn't make me mow the lawn 10,000 times this summer.  It's the only card they have to play, and in order to succeed in domestic politics, it's the one they have.  We're all correct, it's petulant, and BS, but they don't have another effective way to be part of the EU w/o having to comply w/ everything the EU requires of them.
View Quote

Orban THINKS that is a card he can play. It is the joker! Totally meaningless to EU and amplifies how pathetic he is diplomatically. I don’t think Orban understands relationships or diplomacy, at all. He would be better off doing what Poland does.

Orban is either using the stupid EU complaint as a fig leaf for his NATO obstruction at Putin’s insistence. Or, he is an idiot and adds two apples plus two oranges and gets five bananas.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:

The Russians did it to themselves a decade before with the first round of farm collectivation resulting in the great famine of 1921.

This picture of a Russian boy in Ukraine Ilarion Nyshchenko who was arrested for killing and eating his 3yo brother.  No record of the disposition of his case.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/A_starving_child_during_the_Famine_of_1921-22_in_Ukraine.jpg

This might be a society beyond fixing.
View Quote

Humans are capable of horrible acts upon other humans . That pic and story is just so sad .  , the people who cause this suffering upon other humans should be terminated .
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

That’s from a Russian friendly source so may ir may not be exaggerated or premature.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

This is the kind of crap that I was asking about a couple of pages ago. How can Putin allow this kind of talk? That's seditious and while it does attack Shoigu, it's also much worse than that.
View Quote

Definitely not speaking like a guy in fear of ingesting polonium.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#49]

This is the kind of crap that I was asking about a couple of pages ago. How can Putin allow this kind of talk? That's seditious and while it does attack Shoigu, it's also much worse than that.
View All Quotes
Actually a decent interview with Prigozhin. His conclusion: if military command is not changed Russia will undergo civil war or revolution. Current command is out of touch with battlefield needs and ignores requests or advice.

There were reports that Putin is more and more withdrawn and isolated, even to the point of isolating his doubles.

So there is real weakness at the helm. It could be Putin is blaming the MoD Generals through Prigozhin just like Hitler does in that Downfall clip. Who knows.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:01:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]

That’s from a Russian friendly source so may ir may not be exaggerated or premature.
View All Quotes

So far I'm only seeing it being amplified on Russian sources.

And they are reinforcing each other.

It's false.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4258 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top