Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4259 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

So far I'm only seeing it being amplified on Russian sources.

And they are reinforcing each other.

It's false.
[/qu
ote]So no massive explosion?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:11:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m35ben:

It's false.
[/qu
View Quote

As of now, I can not find other sources with video or audio evidence.  Air defense was reported as shooting at stuff in Odessa, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]

As of now, I can not find other sources with video or audio evidence.  Air defense was reported as shooting at stuff in Odessa, but nothing out of the ordinary.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]
So no massive explosion?
View Quote

I haven’t seen any other mention of it. Couple of posts about ADA working, ADA shooting down a lot, and the area being clear. Nothing about any kind of damage or anything beyond that one and then the strung together stuff. Nothing from the usual UA tweeters.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:

The Russians did it to themselves a decade before with the first round of farm collectivation resulting in the great famine of 1921.

This picture of a Russian boy in Ukraine Ilarion Nyshchenko who was arrested for killing and eating his 3yo brother.  No record of the disposition of his case.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/A_starving_child_during_the_Famine_of_1921-22_in_Ukraine.jpg

This might be a society beyond fixing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Excellent article on the Holodomor. Starvation in Europes bread basket. Nothing has changed. Anyone expecting Russia to change after a defeat is sorely mistaken. Their entire history is the oppression and demeaning of life.

Lots of pictures and details.
https://kyivindependent.com/holodomor-soviet-unions-man-made-famine-in-ukraine/

The Russians did it to themselves a decade before with the first round of farm collectivation resulting in the great famine of 1921.

This picture of a Russian boy in Ukraine Ilarion Nyshchenko who was arrested for killing and eating his 3yo brother.  No record of the disposition of his case.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/A_starving_child_during_the_Famine_of_1921-22_in_Ukraine.jpg

This might be a society beyond fixing.

It can be fixed.  It will require occupation for 100 years.  A whole new constitution and republic with single term limits. They need prohibition to end alcoholism and drug abuse. A police state to weed out mafia with extreme prejudice. Just a total rework of society at Gun point.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#8]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Could be way off but those look like 100mm 3BM25's.

T-55 ammo.
View All Quotes

Could be way off but those look like 100mm 3BM25's.

T-55 ammo.
Look at the length of the case neck, and the sabot sleeve. It's 115mm.

100mm

Attachment Attached File

115mm

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a couple explosions from loitering munitions about an hour ago.
Not anything unusual.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

I haven't seen any other mention of it. Couple of posts about ADA working, ADA shooting down a lot, and the area being clear. Nothing about any kind of damage or anything beyond that one and then the strung together stuff. Nothing from the usual UA tweeters.
View Quote
good
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

It's false.
[/qu

USGS map says they're full of dookie.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#12]
So wtf happened in Odessa?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Originally Posted By Prime:
Looks like a couple explosions from loitering munitions about an hour ago.
Not anything unusual.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:58:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#14]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Look at the length of the case neck, and the sabot sleeve. It's 115mm.

100mm

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/100-mm-UBM-8-Round-with-Armour-Piercing--2851835.JPG

115mm

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/bm3_115mm_jpg-2851840.JPG
View Quote

nice!

I had no idea the t-62 wasn't 100mm or 125mm.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/Rye8nsQ.jpg

What a fucking shithole.
View Quote
It's like camping out everyday

No running water and outhouses
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:20:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#16]
*rumors* of people seeing drones before the explosion(s).  Krasondar russia.

Twitter video not working.

https://twitter.com/albafella1/status/1669114248977342464
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Good they are realizing their responsibility for that sea bottleneck. Seems it is so localized that perhaps lower cost submersible drone or even fixed anti-submarine/ship defenses might be more cost effective. Would like to hear expert opinion on whether there are better options than subs for a small region of control by a small country.
View All Quotes

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1668932286526390272

Denmark intends to restore the submarine fleet to deter the Russian Federation in the Baltic Sea — Breaking Defense.

Denmark is considering options to restore its submarine fleet, which it got rid of in 2004, amid threats from Russia. The local authorities are considering two options for maintaining security in the Baltic Sea: creating their own fleet or joint measures with partner countries.

"All ships of the Russian fleet have to pass through our waters if they come from St. Petersburg or Kaliningrad, so we should strengthen our defenses. This is a completely new realization for us," the head of the Danish foreign policy committee, Michael Aastrup Jensen, said in Washington. .

According to him, before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Denmark spent about 1.35% of GDP on defense, but this year the expenses will increase to 2%.

Good they are realizing their responsibility for that sea bottleneck. Seems it is so localized that perhaps lower cost submersible drone or even fixed anti-submarine/ship defenses might be more cost effective. Would like to hear expert opinion on whether there are better options than subs for a small region of control by a small country.

I don’t think they are just needing to protect the Skagerrak I think they also have defense obligations to Iceland and maybe to lesser extent Greenland.

They probably have interests to defend in the North Sea too.

I suspect they will short list the new Type 212CD Norway and Germany are building.  That’s going to be about the right size for a pretty good price.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote
Official Russian trash heap to mark their location.....check
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
*rumors* of people seeing drones before the explosion(s).  Krasondar russia.

Twitter video not working.
View Quote

If you paste the code into the link text box you can do that and it will just hyperlink to the tweet without showing the preview.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#21]

If you paste the code into the link text box you can do that and it will just hyperlink to the tweet without showing the preview.
View Quote

Thanks. That's a good idea. I'll see if that will work.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:36:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m24shooter] [#22]

Ivan even your MWR program sucks balls.
Twitter no worky
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By xd675:

I don’t think they are just needing to protect the Skagerrak I think they also have defense obligations to Iceland and maybe to lesser extent Greenland.

I suspect they will short list the new Type 212CD Norway and Germany are building.  That’s going to be about the right size for a pretty good price.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1668932286526390272

Denmark intends to restore the submarine fleet to deter the Russian Federation in the Baltic Sea — Breaking Defense.

Denmark is considering options to restore its submarine fleet, which it got rid of in 2004, amid threats from Russia. The local authorities are considering two options for maintaining security in the Baltic Sea: creating their own fleet or joint measures with partner countries.

"All ships of the Russian fleet have to pass through our waters if they come from St. Petersburg or Kaliningrad, so we should strengthen our defenses. This is a completely new realization for us," the head of the Danish foreign policy committee, Michael Aastrup Jensen, said in Washington. .

According to him, before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Denmark spent about 1.35% of GDP on defense, but this year the expenses will increase to 2%.

Thanks for the additional info. I forget about the islands!  That makes much more sense!
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Ukraine War Upd. EXTRA (20230614): Morality of supporting RVC, Fake Photos, & Wagner Theft
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Ivan even your MWR program sucks balls.
Twitter no worky
View Quote

Tough choice between a pick up band on the front when you would really like to sleep or get a hot meal; or the beaver circus after you find out your son was used as a bullet sponge meat bag. Hmmmm
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Ukraine was basically invaded by an army of hobos if this video is any indication

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#27]

nice!

I had no idea the t-62 wasn't 100mm or 125mm.
View Quote

It was the first major use of a smooth bore tank gun. It was really a stop gap until the 125mm was ready.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:51:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#29]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Ukraine was basically invaded by an army of hobos if this video is any indication

View Quote

Yeah I was thinking the guys who weren’t sophisticated enough to make casting in Deliverance. I thought I could hear a banjo in the background…

Don’t be picking up no soap down in the crick .
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Even Russian circuses are depressing!  Can't wait to taste the free bread!
View Quote
Circus beavers, a novel idea
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:07:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#31]
Actually a decent interview with Prigozhin. His conclusion: if military command is not changed Russia will undergo civil war or revolution. Current command is out of touch with battlefield needs and ignores requests or advice.
View Quote

He’s evil as hell, but smart, ruthless, and strangely honest.   He’s certainly, a lot more realistic and truthful than our home grown, self appointed SMETuckerBots.    He’s probably hoping Nato will kill off all of his enemies, and let him take over Russia, in appreciation for all the hard work he did.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:15:51 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Well, that doesn't align with the cocky Muscovite attorney that went to war... he probably get a much better assignment.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#33]
I can’t help it. If I see one of these I gots to post it! I gots to.   Just make it so.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I'm guessing those guys are in their mid to late 20s.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:45:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Aside from that elephant in the room Hungary wants to enjoy EU benifits but not the responsibilities. I mean sure I want that as wel in my daily life but as a nation state and high contracting party it's different set of rules.

For the record I am very much in favor of a complete overhaul of EU asylum law so Hungary and the others need to adress the issue within the given legal framwork OR step out of said framework.
Just a couple of days ago a step in the right direction was agreed in the sense that countries wil be able to pay not to have to take asylum seekers.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/08/eu-agrees-radical-reforms-migration-asylum-laws  

In a sense it's also not fair to burden Italy/Greece ect with the full costs effort of all the stuff that lands of their shore and for some reason none of the new arrivals seem to think 'Oh I think Hungary/Poland/Czech ect. will give me some nice free shit, I'll move there' Thus leaving the more guillible EU members to pick up the slack.

PSA: I have no problem with guniune asylum seekers BUT a large part of the people landing are just out for free shit. My personal EU plan is grant asylum to women and children and the over fucking whelming amount of single men of millitary age get a parachute and a rifle when they are dropped of in ther repective shithole to fix it.

To point this is what it looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdwJmyRycs

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/migrant_jpeg-2851491.JPG
Originally Posted By strykr:
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:
Originally Posted By strykr:

So we tell Hungary to get serious about NATO and now that they try to increase their defense spending we punish them for it? Seems dumb to me as it undermines NATO. We sell weapons to every Middle Eastern dictator but refuse to sell them to a NATO member? It will drive Hungary further away from the US as they question whether Article 5 even applies to them.

It may just be that they are not aligned with us, and should take their chances with being invaded by Russia (again) on their own. Lot of BS coming from them last little while.

Is this not a step in the right direction? What should Hungary do to better align with NATO goals? Is higher defense spending not what we would like to see? Making them feel like they are on their own will make them even more cautious and less likely to stand up against Russia.

What good to NATO is Hungarian defense spending if they are hostile to other NATO members? Do you really think Hungary is coming to ANYONE’S aid?  
The blocked Finland and Sweden entry.  They repeatedly blocked aid to Ukraine.

NATO is a MUTUAL defense alliance not a loner shopping mall.

It's mainly about the migrant issue again and that the EU is demanding that Hungary accept 10k migrants into the country as part of their quota of migrants.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20230612_102840_jpg-2851488.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20230612_102704_jpg-2851489.JPG

So it is a tit for tat in that, the EU puts away its quota and then Hungary will vote on Sweden and get them accepted.

Finland vote happened because the EU caved to Hungary and allowed the final permits and approvals for the PaksII plant which was taking over 9 years for the EU to approve it.

This means that the EU can play ball when it comes to Hungary.

They want Sweden?

Then let Sweden take Hungarys quota of 10k fucken invading migrants.

And then just like that, Hungary will approve Sweden's entry.

Sounds bad, but its all politics and Hungary wanting their EU funding which the EU owes 2 years of it now and the migrant issue.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/migrant_jpeg-2851493.JPG

Except NATO is not EU. A simple concept Orban seems incapable of understanding.

Aside from that elephant in the room Hungary wants to enjoy EU benifits but not the responsibilities. I mean sure I want that as wel in my daily life but as a nation state and high contracting party it's different set of rules.

For the record I am very much in favor of a complete overhaul of EU asylum law so Hungary and the others need to adress the issue within the given legal framwork OR step out of said framework.
Just a couple of days ago a step in the right direction was agreed in the sense that countries wil be able to pay not to have to take asylum seekers.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/08/eu-agrees-radical-reforms-migration-asylum-laws  

In a sense it's also not fair to burden Italy/Greece ect with the full costs effort of all the stuff that lands of their shore and for some reason none of the new arrivals seem to think 'Oh I think Hungary/Poland/Czech ect. will give me some nice free shit, I'll move there' Thus leaving the more guillible EU members to pick up the slack.

PSA: I have no problem with guniune asylum seekers BUT a large part of the people landing are just out for free shit. My personal EU plan is grant asylum to women and children and the over fucking whelming amount of single men of millitary age get a parachute and a rifle when they are dropped of in ther repective shithole to fix it.

To point this is what it looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdwJmyRycs

Where were you when I stated before many many times that the ONLY fucken reason Hungary, Czech,.Slovakia, and Poland get any EU subsidies and grants AKA DA free money,  is only because the EU is protecting western farms and industries and refuses to allow much of eastern European products to reach the western EU market.

The EU just wants cheap labor henceforth why we have BMW, audi, Opel, Mercedes and many other manufacturing in Hungary.

That's wonderful and 👌 sauce all over.

BUT, then the EU fat shames Hungary and others for accepting funds because their food products aren't sold in their market.

If Hungary and Eastern Europe would simply have access to the common market for their products, we wouldn't need EU funding at all.

Don't get me wrong..

I want Hungary helping Ukraine kick orckish ass and I'm helping in that with funding,.volunteering with delivery to the Zahony border to Ukraine with critical tactical stuff. Many others are helping also.

Keep in mind that I've hosted my buddies Ukranian family for one year without any help from anyone other than my VA pension.

I'm hosting my own family and added 3 more mouths.

I'm not whining.

I'm KVETCHING.

Not even Jewish and I know more Yiddish than the average person.

This is my cross to bear and many Hungarians are doing it also.

Orban is not helping but I understand his point.

So far it has worked with Finland and Hungary getting concessions but doing it again?

Hmmmmm...

I DONT THINK IT WILL WORK IN HUNGARYS FAVOR AGAIN.

I'd say Hungary should allow Sweden to join and we figure out other ways to keep migrant parasites out.

Yes ..I'm being a hypocritical in that Hungray has accepted over 200k Ukrainian refugees and have gotten them housing,.food, schooling and jobs.

Guess what?

None of those Ukrainians are giving issues.

Every single one is like an energizer bunny rabbit who hit the ground to work, to better themselves, and be productive members of Hungarian society.

Those 3rd world cesspool migrates from other places..

Not civilized..not westernized and NOT skill in dibly squat other than for asking for handouts but no worky...no assimilating or integrating.

TLDR...

Hungary wants their EU funds and no 3rd migrants...

To accept Sweden into NATO.

And Hungary is helping Ukrainians in many ways but not enough.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By sq40:

It can be fixed.  It will require occupation for 100 years.  A whole new constitution and republic with single term limits. They need prohibition to end alcoholism and drug abuse. A police state to weed out mafia with extreme prejudice. Just a total rework of society at Gun point.
View Quote

Make me the Czar. We will reopen the Gulags and I’ll trade some strategic nuclear weapons for the cleanest devices DOE can make. For…internal security. And I won’t pillage the country, I’ll take 2%.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:

What are these characters? I see this little shark dude and 2 others usually in hsts, are they from a Ukrainian cartoon or is there another meaning to them? I like shark one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:

What are these characters? I see this little shark dude and 2 others usually in hsts, are they from a Ukrainian cartoon or is there another meaning to them? I like shark one.

I often wondered the same thing before an explanation was shared.

One of the most common memes featuring them involved the perception that Ukraïne was putting explosive reactive armor on all the donated equipment.  This explanation image helped me appreciate all the dimensions of the humor involved (I probably saw it here originally, and am reposting it now):

Attachment Attached File

@Berettadeprived
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ED_P:

Sadly there is a pay wall.

My father was a Finnish Winter War and Continuation War vet.   At one point some Russians surrendered to his unit.   They just repeatedly said "Tajikistan".  My father always assumed Russia shipped them there and they really had no desire to fight for Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ED_P:
Originally Posted By realwar:
The Russian Soldier Who Surrendered to a Ukrainian Drone

Full Story

Sadly there is a pay wall.

My father was a Finnish Winter War and Continuation War vet.   At one point some Russians surrendered to his unit.   They just repeatedly said "Tajikistan".  My father always assumed Russia shipped them there and they really had no desire to fight for Russia.

Paywall-b-gon.

https://archive.is/p0h18
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Fuck Putin and his generals.
Fuck Biden, the senators, and the congressmen who have slow rolled lethal support to Ukraine.
Fuck the worthless

Godspeed to the good people of Ukraine and may God protect and guide them to victory over the evil that has attacked them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Fuck Putin and his generals.
Fuck Biden, the senators, and the congressmen who have slow rolled lethal support to Ukraine.
Fuck the worthless

Godspeed to the good people of Ukraine and may God protect and guide them to victory over the evil that has attacked them.

Big +1!
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:00:51 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

A far cry from the, "We got lost on a training exercise," videos that kicked this off.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:34:38 AM EDT
[#42]
My buddies family and their mom who lives with us.

The older kids are now in the university here studying god knows what... I totally forgot.

The younger one is in soccer now and is in the school plays like my daughter unit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Lots of ways to help in the war........

the best way is to make sure the children aren't exposed to any of the hardships of the war and they continue to go to school and just be kids again.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:12:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:16:45 AM EDT
[#44]

It's odd that these numbers are lower during the offensive than they were previously, but I guess that's because the previous numbers were boosted by Russia grinding its way into Bakhmut.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:16:46 AM EDT
[#45]

Where were you when I stated before many many times that the ONLY fucken reason Hungary, Czech,.Slovakia, and Poland get any EU subsidies and grants AKA DA free money,  is only because the EU is protecting western farms and industries and refuses to allow much of eastern European products to reach the western EU market.

The EU just wants cheap labor henceforth why we have BMW, audi, Opel, Mercedes and many other manufacturing in Hungary.

That's wonderful and  sauce all over.

BUT, then the EU fat shames Hungary and others for accepting funds because their food products aren't sold in their market.

If Hungary and Eastern Europe would simply have access to the common market for their products, we wouldn't need EU funding at all.

Don't get me wrong..

I want Hungary helping Ukraine kick orckish ass and I'm helping in that with funding,.volunteering with delivery to the Zahony border to Ukraine with critical tactical stuff. Many others are helping also.

Keep in mind that I've hosted my buddies Ukranian family for one year without any help from anyone other than my VA pension.

I'm not whining.

I'm KVETCHING.

So far it has worked with Finland and Hungary getting concessions but doing it again?

Hmmmmm...

I'd say Hungary should allow Sweden to join and we figure out other ways to keep migrant parasites out.

Yes ..I'm being a hypocritical in that Hungray has accepted over 200k Ukrainian refugees and have gotten them housing,.food, schooling and jobs.

Guess what?

Every single one is like an energizer bunny rabbit who hit the ground to work, to better themselves, and be productive members of Hungarian society.

Not civilized..not westernized and NOT skill in dibly squat other than for asking for handouts but no worky...no assimilating or integrating.

TLDR...

View Quote

Where are you getting the idea that Eastern European countries don't have access to Western European markets?

There is no basis for that in any law. The whole point of the European Single Market is that everyone has the right to compete everywhere else.

In Ireland there are many food products from Eastern European countries available.
No one is obligated to buy your stuff, you have to compete with a better product at a better price. The same as everyone else.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:28:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
New Michael Kofman appearance on War on the Rocks. Going to copy and paste the synopsis from elsewhere.

Notes:

. "It's far too early for any kind of assessment."

. Fighting resembles Kherson rather than Kharkiv, as expected.

. The counteroffensive will play out over the next weeks or two months. Typical campaigns play out over two to three months and cycle between attritional and maneuver phases.

. Early gains so far are not insignificant, though still short of Russia's defensive lines.

. Ukraine has yet to deploy the bulk of their forces, likely awaiting lucrative opportunities to exploit.

. Plenty of visual evidence of Ukrainian losses.

. Excessively optimistic expectations have been falsified.

. Zapo is defended by a "reasonable density of Russian forces". Ukraine is up against 58th army ("not been particularly exhausted"), 7th guard air assault division as the main reserve force, and the remnants of the naval infantry.

. Western-trained and -equipped brigades have since appeared. Based on limited evidence, main advantage of western equipment is enhanced survivability. Despite equipment losses, casualties are relatively lower.

. Nonetheless, western equipment is still vulnerable to Russian measures. Scarce breaching equipment is first to be lost.

. Many of the newly trained brigades are still green. Ukraine is trying to attach experienced units to them and employ veteran brigades on the offensive.

. However, impressions are based on the few brigades that have appeared while many are still held in reserve.

. Images on social media should be treated with caution, as the same tactical events and losses are repeatedly amplified for effect.

. Ukraine was provided with a large amount of artillery for this offensive, likely giving them an advantage over Russian artillery in the south.

. Ukraine likely no longer suffering from shell hunger as it had been earlier.

. Results so far have been mixed. Further results will depend on how well Ukraine can exploit a breakthrough and whether Russian forces can counteract a breakthrough.

. Ukraine still has a shortage of short-range air defense, vulnerable to rotary aircraft.

. Minefields are a significant obstacle. Russia is also laying down more mines with rockets.

. Bakhmut is still a grinding fight. Ukraine is making incremental gains, but at a price.

. Some activity around Kreminna. "I wouldn't be surprised if we see something emerge in Luhansk", possibly a limited attack.

. Two Weeks at the Front in Ukraine in The New Yorker is a "great article", sobering and realistic, matches his own experience in Ukraine.

. Romantic impressions of the war are distortionary.

. What the Ukrainian Armed Forces Need to Do to Win is a "great read", independently corroborates his own impressions.

. The Ukrainian military is still evolving from its Soviet roots to western-style practices. Impressions that it is largely the latter are premature.

. You should be careful about assessing the counteroffensive so far when you don't even know what Ukraine's internal expectations are.

. "I'm going to leave my own assessment criteria a little in the dark".

. "Commentators in the West have grossly overhyped expectations", which is unhelpful.

. While western equipment has many advantages at the tactical level, the main thing that matters is force employment and aggregate numbers, not "game-changers".
View Quote

Excellent summary, thank you
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:31:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jozsi] [#47]
Originally Posted By Schmigs:

Where are you getting the idea that Eastern European countries don't have access to Western European markets?

There is no basis for that in any law. The whole point of the European Single Market is that everyone has the right to compete everywhere else.

In Ireland there are many food products from Eastern European countries available.
No one is obligated to buy your stuff, you have to compete with a better product at a better price. The same as everyone else.

View All Quotes

That's wonderful and  sauce all over.

Don't get me wrong..

I'm not whining.

I'm KVETCHING.

Hmmmmm...

Guess what?

TLDR...

Do your FUCKEN homework.

Go to your TESCO, go to your ALDI, LIDL, and Auchen and show me Hungarian products in the market for your country.

I can go to my tesco, aldi, lidl, and auchen here in Budapest and I can find well over a dozen products from Ireland quite easily, more from Germany, France, Italy, and Spain.

I go to Wien every other week and there is NO Hungarian products.

The only people that can honestly answer my question are those that actually WENT to their stores and tried to find Hungarian or Eastern European products and couldn't  and then their are people like YOU saying...well.. Hungary and the rest needs to do better products.

FUCK OFF .....if you feel that way that my countries products is shitty, than by all means write to the EU and tell them that, go to your EU rep. and then tell them...Hungarians make shitty products and we should ask BMW, Mercedes, RheinMetall, Audi, Ford, Suzuki, Opel and many others to just leave Hungary.

In fact, I have to teach in Wien next week, I'll do a research trip at the Lidl in Wien and show you WHAT is not available and I'll do it for Lidl in Budapest.

it's a tit for tat and if the EU would be fucken honest and stop it and allow common access, I know for a fact Hungary and the rest of the eastern block wouldn't need the subsidies.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:42:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Do your FUCKEN homework.

Go to your TESCO, go to your ALDI, LIDL, and Auchen and show me Hungarian products in the market for your country.

I can go to my tesco, aldi, lidl, and auchen here in Budapest and I can find well over a dozen products from Ireland quite easily, more from Germany, France, Italy, and Spain.

The only people that can honestly answer my question are those that actually WENT to their stores and tried to find Hungarian or Eastern European products and couldn't  and then their are people like YOU saying...well.. Hungary and the rest needs to do better products.

FUCK OFF .....if you feel that way that my countries products is shitty, than by all means write to the EU and tell them that, go to your EU rep. and then tell them...Hungarians make shitty products and we should ask BMW, Mercedes, RheinMetall, Audi, Ford, Suzuki, Opel and many others to just leave Hungary.

In fact, I have to teach in Wien next week, I'll do a research trip at the Lidl in Wien and show you WHAT is not available and I'll do it for Lidl in Budapest.

it's a tit for tat and if the EU would be fucken honest and stop it and allow common access, I know for a fact Hungary and the rest of the eastern block wouldn't need the subsidies.

View Quote

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/wines-for-the-weekend-hungarian-bargains-from-lidl-1.4526234

You are a very emotional and dramatic person.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:44:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jozsi] [#49]
View All Quotes

Do your FUCKEN homework.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/wines-for-the-weekend-hungarian-bargains-from-lidl-1.4526234

You are a very emotional and dramatic person.

... go to your local market and look for it.

two wine products
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:09:10 AM EDT
[#50]

Do your FUCKEN homework.

View Quote

Ok but what does any of that have to do with whether or not accepting Sweden's application for NATO membership would be good for NATO?
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4259 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top