Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4275 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:14:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xd675:

Look how many guys here are cheering it.  I bet they cheered right along with the patriot act for a few years too.  Then government turned it against the people.  I was one of them and learned my lesson.

I want Ukraine to win.  I want Russia defanged as a global power.  But the whole time I’ve been pointing out how the globalists are using the conflict to shape the world, including here at home.

People don’t seem to understand this threat, too caught up in their emotions over the heinous shit Russia has been doing to see the home front.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Look.  Call and write your reps, and see where it will get you.  Cluttering up this thread certainly won't change what happens inside of the beltway.

Look how many guys here are cheering it.  I bet they cheered right along with the patriot act for a few years too.  Then government turned it against the people.  I was one of them and learned my lesson.

I want Ukraine to win.  I want Russia defanged as a global power.  But the whole time I’ve been pointing out how the globalists are using the conflict to shape the world, including here at home.

People don’t seem to understand this threat, too caught up in their emotions over the heinous shit Russia has been doing to see the home front.

I think lots of people here understand the threat, but it isn’t the subject of the thread.  I’ll also say that all too often in the last year - well, actually going back to 2014 -  the “anti-globalist agenda” was intentionally conflated with pro-Russia/anti-Ukraine sentiment.  This was very, very much on display on Zerohedge in the 2014-2016 era and since.  I read it, I bought it - stupidly.
Anti-globalism in no way, shape, or form equates to pro-Russia or even neutral on Russia.  Neo-isolationism was and is another fruitful propaganda avenue for Russia.  They don’t actually need to convince us that Russia is the good guy, although if they can all the better.  All they need to convince us to do is nothing.
The issues are and should be separate.  I generally approve of the Biden admin’s handling of the situation (as I understand it) but that doesn’t mean I’m ready to trash the US Constitution.  It means that on this subject we agree.  For that matter real conservatives should be as, or more suspicious of demagogues like Trump, a non-conservative who has done more damage to the conservative movement than any other man in history.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Humbling to be in the presence of greatness.
View Quote

What is the significance of this place?  What happened here?
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I would rather watch the beaver circus.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
More hilarity from the St Petersburg forum. This time Russian performers!!! I think they are competing for Mr Globohomo award. But, I am holding my bet for Belarus. The UAE contingent was a strong showing of homo but I think the Belarusian drill team can put on a slightly more globo display.

I feel bad for the beavers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:17:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tuco22] [#5]
Neo-isolationism was and is another fruitful propaganda avenue for Russia.  They don’t actually need to convince us that Russia is the good guy, although if they can all the better.  All they need to convince us to do is nothing.
View Quote

Yep, frustrating how blind some people are to that fact.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Seems like he’s the owner and Utkin’s the head coach.

I haven’t seen any indications of another layer, I think most things can be explained by him having FSB leadership and a half dozen or more oligarchs on his side looking to make Russia great again.

My personal hypothesis.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
Is he really in charge of Wagner or just one of the underlings that the real boss lets him shoot his mouth off but not make any actual decisions?

Seems like he’s the owner and Utkin’s the head coach.

I haven’t seen any indications of another layer, I think most things can be explained by him having FSB leadership and a half dozen or more oligarchs on his side looking to make Russia great again.

My personal hypothesis.

That is along my line of thinking. Yevgeniy will be the public face of the change of power to come soon.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]

It’s not about moving all their money.  Even just wealthy people and sovereign funds moving a small percentage to reduce a small amount of their wealth out of USD into things like BRICS is going to spike inflation here, while strengthening a rival currency were absolutely don’t want gaining influence.

I don’t want to see a government that thinks it can just steal assets from anyone it deems an enemy.  That can and will be abused.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
If they think their fortunes are more safe in countries ran by dictators where you can't drink the water, so be it.

If we ever get in a shootin war with China, I hope we steal all the farmland they own here. It's war. F em.

It’s not about moving all their money.  Even just wealthy people and sovereign funds moving a small percentage to reduce a small amount of their wealth out of USD into things like BRICS is going to spike inflation here, while strengthening a rival currency were absolutely don’t want gaining influence.

I don’t want to see a government that thinks it can just steal assets from anyone it deems an enemy.  That can and will be abused.

Those people converting to brics will absolutely come crying back to the govt for a bailout, I mean tax breaks, wh n their shit goes tits up.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Prighozin has released a new video. In the video he signs a contract between Wagner and the Russian military and tries to turn it in to the government building. Apparently the contract says that the Russian military will be under control of wagner.
It's on twitter, I can't link on my phone.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Not sure but at the start of the war I think Russian soldiers tried to break in and loot but were defeated by the door?

View Quote

Correct. He tried to open the door, then fucked around for a minute or two and left. It would be on my Ukraine bucket list for sure. It was among the videos of them driving into buildings and other stupid orc shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

wtf... the dude holding the running electric fuel pump in the cut-off open top pail of diesel with the cig hanging out of his mouth...
View Quote

YOLO, bro!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:26:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flogger23m] [#12]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
Even with the engine up there, the Merkava front hull armor is much thicker than on the M1A2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_V54CdU8AA0gVP?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7nKfWfX0AAxHR0?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

An engine isn't much protection. And since you need room for the final drives you're substantially limited in how thick your frontal armor can be. That's a substantial weakness on the Merkava.
Even with the engine up there, the Merkava front hull armor is much thicker than on the M1A2

That is a Mark 4. Israel is not getting rid of Mark 4s.

The article I read mentions the 2 and 3.

This is a Mark 2C:

This is a Mark 2D:

Mark 1/2 use a 105mm.

For reference without the lines, Mark 2D:

The Mark 3 has a lot of improvements including a 120mm.

Someone else commented that there were likely going to fill in for countries donating M60s and T-72/80s. I think that makes a lot of sense. Israel likely does not want to sell directly as they probably will try and be somewhat favorable to Russia so Syria and their local terrorists don't get new Russian gear. I am assuming there are more M60s in stock and in the interest of keeping an insane logistical trail down it probably makes more sense to limit yet another MBT type.

Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Well, yeah, because the home grown fpv drone touched off the ammo in the bmp-3.
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d3b93ac5abc2e12dafc9778fad125454-lq

Javelin just did not touch off the ammo in the systems attacked in the video, but the same result can be achieved when it does.

BMP-1:

Ammo storage right behind the seat, exposed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
My opinion has changed on Patriot from the last few years.
View Quote

It’s giving me a bit of hope to defend Guam and an island hopping campaign against China.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Did the mods take the trash out?.. that's troll has been posting the same BS in every Ukraine thread...idk why he hasn't been banned yet..it's obvious he's a Russian mouth piece
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#15]

What cruel irony...

View Quote

Straight from a Monty Python skit!
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:
Please stop quoting the troll, many of us already have him on ignore so you're just helping him by forcing us to see his drivel.
View Quote
If that is the best they can send then things are fine
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MiserableCAresident:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MiserableCAresident:

Humbling to be in the presence of greatness.

The video evidence.
Russian Soldier Can't Open Door - «Battle of Techno House 2022»
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Prighozin has released a new video. In the video he signs a contract between Wagner and the Russian military and tries to turn it in to the government building. Apparently the contract says that the Russian military will be under control of wagner.
It's on twitter, I can't link on my phone.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#20]

That could be a benefit if there is a power change.

Ukraine leverages the crimes Putin’s regime committed to maybe bring someone other than a hardliner to power ending Russia as a threat in exchange for getting back into the global community after making amends with Ukraine.

Nothing changes really if we get a different power hungry leader willing to use force to expand their power.

It’s not great but there’s not much sway the west has with internal Russian politics.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

Legally speaking.....so far.  

The problem I would have with an international court getting involved is that it would probably take decades to resolve the case.

As usual, the devil is going to be in the details.

That could be a benefit if there is a power change.

Ukraine leverages the crimes Putin’s regime committed to maybe bring someone other than a hardliner to power ending Russia as a threat in exchange for getting back into the global community after making amends with Ukraine.

Nothing changes really if we get a different power hungry leader willing to use force to expand their power.

It’s not great but there’s not much sway the west has with internal Russian politics.

The Russian funds are already gone, the only question is the details of how and when.
The west already has a pretty significant bird in the hand which will go a ways toward rebuilding Ukraine. No fucking way do we give that up and get stuck with the whole bill.  We’ll pay ourselves a chunk of Russian money to cover the weapons we’re sending to kill Russians, and use the rest to rebuild the damage Russia is doing to Ukraine in the hopes of making it too expensive for the west to rebuild Ukraine.  
We’ll tell Russia to fucking pound sand and it won’t do a thing to the dollar reserve status.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Correct. He tried to open the door, then fucked around for a minute or two and left. It would be on my Ukraine bucket list for sure. It was among the videos of them driving into buildings and other stupid orc shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Not sure but at the start of the war I think Russian soldiers tried to break in and loot but were defeated by the door?

Can’t open a door, crashing into buildings…so, just drunks doing drunk things.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

The swinging handle mounted to the barrel sure would seem to indicate it is.
I wonder if the lever in front of the picatinny rail is the quick release?
The piston system on the side is ingenious.  Is that a design feature on any other weapons?

It looks like the charging handle pivots.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:

Interesting

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FywqNn6XwAAAs_O?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FywqOSwXsAshc-s?format=jpg&name=medium
I really want that.  

Are the barrels swappable?

The swinging handle mounted to the barrel sure would seem to indicate it is.
I wonder if the lever in front of the picatinny rail is the quick release?
The piston system on the side is ingenious.  Is that a design feature on any other weapons?

It looks like the charging handle pivots.  

It's literally a Shrike/MCR clone.  The only differences appear to be a smaller diameter handguard, and a shorter charging handle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:44:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#23]
Knowledgeable Russians: "We are getting our ass kicked BUT .... (pipe dream) will result in our glorious victory."

Motherfucker. You've sucked up three Vietnams. You're like the drunk that gets every tooth in his head knocked out and keeps getting up. Got to be tough if you're stupid I guess.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Good for you.  Now shut up about it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
More hilarity from the St Petersburg forum. This time Russian performers!!! I think they are competing for Mr Globohomo award. But, I am holding my bet for Belarus. The UAE contingent was a strong showing of homo but I think the Belarusian drill team can put on a slightly more globo display.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#26]
The General responsible for logistics and such has to be shitting bricks. Leopard 1 & 2, Gepard, Bradley, Abrams, HIMARS, M777, Ceasars, PzH2000, Vipers... and there's much more.... NOW M60s. Lol
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
The General responsible for logistics and such has to be shitting bricks. Leopard 1 & 2, Gepard, Bradley, Abrams, HIMARS, M777, Ceasars, PzH2000, Vipers... and there's much more.... NOW M60s. Lol
View Quote
They really have things streamlined
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:02:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#28]
View All Quotes

I imagine, they've shown themselves quite capable, and I know they're getting help from us.

This war is nothing like that's ever happened. The world had never seen anything like it, at this scale. I listen to experts go to Poland, they're fucking shocked. Jaws on the floor at how much equipment, ammo and everything going over to Ukraine and the efficiency of it.

A lot of this stuff is table scraps. The West is stupidly OP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#29]

The guys around him were wounded as much by the flying body parts as they were by the RPG shrapnel.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Will they EVER learn to not maneuver in tightly bunched groups?

Twitter link

Ayup, somthin like that. HAWT

The guys around him were wounded as much by the flying body parts as they were by the RPG shrapnel.

For the non-twitterfied.  Note that he’s still moving after the hit, but probably not for long.

And in slo-mo.  It doesn’t look like a Kamikaze drone, it looks more like an SPG-9 or RPG shot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#30]

I imagine, they've shown themselves quite capable, and I know they're getting help from us.

This war is nothing like that's ever happened. The world had never seen anything like it, at this scale. I listen to experts go to Poland, they're fucking shocked. Jaws on the floor at how much equipment, ammo and everything going over to Ukraine and the efficiency of it.

A lot of this stuff is table scraps. The West is stupidly OP.
View Quote
The mechanics I have talked with are all independent shop mechanics so they handle the change well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:17:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#31]
Off topic question here.  Is the Vortex VMX-3T magnifier adequate for serious use, with money admittedly being an issue?  Would you rather have a VMX mounted on the rifle as an option, or better to just save the weight?
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:

It's literally a Shrike/MCR clone.  The only differences appear to be a smaller diameter handguard, and a shorter charging handle.
View Quote

I don't know much about the Shrike other than it never got made. At least in any real numbers.

Maybe Ukraine is going to start cranking these out by the thousands.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#33]

I don't know much about the Shrike other than it never got made. At least in any real numbers.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:

I've shot a Shrike.  Wasn't impressed w/ the reliability.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:19:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#34]
Edit: Beat like a rented mule.
Russian Soldier Can't Open Door - «Battle of Techno House 2022»
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#35]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFkcgRfVyX4
View Quote

Statistically speaking, that dude is probably dead in a Ukrainian field somewhere.  Maybe after the war we’ll know more.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Will they EVER learn to not maneuver in tightly bunched groups?

Twitter link

Ayup, somthin like that. HAWT

For the non-twitterfied.  Note that he’s still moving after the hit, but probably not for long.

And in slo-mo.  It doesn’t look like a Kamikaze drone, it looks more like an SPG-9 or RPG shot.

About 80% of his body is doing the hokey pokey because the shock didn't liquify any of the major nerves. He was probably unconscious before the smoke cloud lifted off his shirt
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

About 80% of his body is doing the hokey pokey because the shock didn't liquify any of the major nerves. He was probably unconscious before the smoke cloud lifted off his shirt
View Quote

That guy going home in a zip lock.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#38]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyyJ7-dXoAA344K?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

You mean Russian arty is going to be blind and at the mercy of Ukrainian LR fires?  Say it ain’t so!
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Ukraine Logistics & Standardization
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

This is a Mark 2C:

http://fighting-vehicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Merkava-Mk2-Mk2C-Armor-Image-1.jpg

This is a Mark 2D:
http://fighting-vehicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Merkava-Mk2-Mk2D-Armor-Image-21.jpg

Mark 1/2 use a 105mm.

https://i.redd.it/d5870x2vk5l71.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Merkava3dKasag001.jpg

Someone else commented that there were likely going to fill in for countries donating M60s and T-72/80s. I think that makes a lot of sense. Israel likely does not want to sell directly as they probably will try and be somewhat favorable to Russia so Syria and their local terrorists don't get new Russian gear. I am assuming there are more M60s in stock and in the interest of keeping an insane logistical trail down it probably makes more sense to limit yet another MBT type.

BMP-1:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/BMP1_Training_Turret_Parola_1.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

An engine isn't much protection. And since you need room for the final drives you're substantially limited in how thick your frontal armor can be. That's a substantial weakness on the Merkava.

This is a Mark 2C:

http://fighting-vehicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Merkava-Mk2-Mk2C-Armor-Image-1.jpg

This is a Mark 2D:
http://fighting-vehicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Merkava-Mk2-Mk2D-Armor-Image-21.jpg

Mark 1/2 use a 105mm.

https://i.redd.it/d5870x2vk5l71.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Merkava3dKasag001.jpg

Well, yeah, because the home grown fpv drone touched off the ammo in the bmp-3.
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d3b93ac5abc2e12dafc9778fad125454-lq

Javelin just did not touch off the ammo in the systems attacked in the video, but the same result can be achieved when it does.

BMP-1:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/BMP1_Training_Turret_Parola_1.jpg

Well…quick, painless.  There are worse ways to go, like being trapped in the back end while the fuel supply goes up.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MarkL1:

Still swallowing the propaganda I see. Not one single Russian missile has targeted a civilian. Some have been knocked off course by air defense and or hit directly by Ukrainian air defense.
Do I need to re-post the videos from Eastern Ukraine showing the intentional systemic murder since 2014, or maybe you cant handle the truth?
View Quote

I wish all decisions in life were this easy.

Click.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TiePilot69:

I'd give up a kidney if I could get a Leo. Heck I'd be happy with one of the M60's they will be getting.
View All Quotes
The latest Russian disinformation op msg. Wake up GD!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1480-2852928.jpg

I'd give up a kidney if I could get a Leo. Heck I'd be happy with one of the M60's they will be getting.
I'd rather just paste her face
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#43]

That guy learned
View Quote

Yup.  He definitely won't do that again.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
The latest Russian disinformation op msg. Wake up GD!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1480-2852928.jpg

Jeez, what an imbecile.  Actually it wouldn’t surprise me if this was another Russian disinfo angle - the same as various email scams which are intentionally so idiotic as to select for the stupidest possible victims.  We may be seeing some of this self-selection in GD.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Did the mods take the trash out?.. that's troll has been posting the same BS in every Ukraine thread...idk why he hasn't been banned yet..it's obvious he's a Russian mouth piece
View Quote

Hey now, I'm still waiting on clarification on "orcs" and Jack's ban. Give them time.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#47]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyyJ7-dXoAA344K?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

This is something I've been watching and wondering about. If they really are tipping their hand with some kind of new EW capability, then things are going to get interesting soon.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

It’s limited by the need to use transfer gears in the final drive and how far they can stretch those.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#49]

That guy going home in a zip lock.
View Quote

Yeah and a closed casket for the funeral, for sure
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4275 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top