Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4342 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#1]

Fighters of the PVK Wagner, already in the city of Kolomna. It is 100 km to the abode of evil.
55.0966, 38.76406 (photo)
UPD. Sorry, hit the bar. It's not Wagner, it's security forces. Thanks to the readers for correcting me.

https://t.me/WarArchive_ua/2257
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Man. Wow just wow. Could see that the Wagner group would have eventually come to a head with RUS mod, but did not foresee a full coup style trajectory. But it is Russia, so, I guess it's not too far out of the realm of precedent.

I think the funny thing is watching the GD vatniks still spouting the same empty BS in the face of reality. Just shows how one note the low hanging fruit is.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#6]
ATESH movement got access to Moscow webcams

We share with the public a list and access keys to webcams in Moscow. Now everyone can follow the situation online! The main thing is to make popcorn!

Join ATESH — we will take control of the situation into our own hands!

https://t.me/atesh_ua/1108

Link to Excel document
https://t.me/atesh_ua/1109
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, there are casualties.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Ukrainian govt.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Will Gerard Butler make an appearance?  
View Quote

No.
Steven Segal will star in that one...
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Ukrainian govt.

View Quote

Seems to me that this situation at it's core is simply a fight to determine whether Russia continues the current strategy or (if Wagner triumphs) pivots to a much more effective and brutal campaign.
Ukraine should probably be cheering for Putin.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By omar:

I wonder what level of popular support his troops have in Russia proper.

It's likely Wagner sympathizers - which appear to be substantial - would provide intelligence on their movements and activities.
View Quote

Kadyrov's troops have been abusing Russian civilians for a while. Hopefully the people are sick of their bullshit and fuck them up.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I guarantee Wagner controls S-300's. It had to be a top objective. That was the first thing I thought of when they took the airfield.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
View Quote

Hope so.

I'm still paranoid that this could result in a more vicious russia.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Covered before, but Girkins assessment.  Its another 3 day operation.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#21]

It's not "martial law," it's "counter-terrorism measures."

They really are too dumb to tie their own shoes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By fike:
The “reorganization of reality” coping mechanism is fascinating to watch on this site.
View Quote

Some people on the right are just as mentally ill as the most insane leftist.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#23]
The last poll that OP posted was: How will Putin die? I voted coup.

@Jack67 you still out there bud? I think you were a coup vote also.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:25:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#24]
Jesus, I might just stay here for the Russian Civil War updates. The GD Civil War thread is full of fucking kooks, forever Trumpers,  and guys that enjoy giving oral sex to Putin
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Julian_JJE:

Im with Torstin.  I think the better play is to engage the front to tie them up and expend resources that are rapidly depleting.
View Quote

Maybe. I dont know what's happening on the front now. If the Russians are still active against the UA, kill them. But ideally, I'd rather Russians die in Russia instead of Ukraine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

I think Tucker is busy preparing a spare bedroom for Vlad as we speak.
View Quote

Nah he will share the bed with Putin.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I hope that is exactly how all of this plays out. I guess we will soon see how many sensible people there still are within Russia.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

“Hacked.”
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:28:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#32]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Just want to thank @AlmightyTallest for your superhuman effort to keep us all updating on Ukraine and now Russia.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By johnh57:
Hope so.

I'm still paranoid that this could result in a more vicious russia.
View Quote

They can be as vicious as a rabid badger on meth and it won’t count for anything if all their limbs have compound fractures and their teeth have been stomped out.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Matanzas:

Seems to me that this situation at it's core is simply a fight to determine whether Russia continues the current strategy or (if Wagner triumphs) pivots to a much more effective and brutal campaign.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Ukrainian govt.

LoL
The entirety of the Russian army is made up of people that had never touched a gun a year ago. Prigozhin is a caterer and mob boss...

The only effective strategy they have will result in their whole country being a glass covered, self lighting, parking lot
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#37]
You can track Wagner's advance on Google maps by the highway shutdowns on the M4.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Ukrainian govt.

I don’t think so.

If wagner wins and prigozhin takes power, he will have to focus on keeping it, that means pulling out of Ukraine and consolidating domestic political power and building alliances.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Here’s my take on it: the events that are going on right now have a 0% chance of improving any of Russia’s capabilities on the front lines with Ukraine in the near term. However, what’s going down has significant chances of deteriorating Russia’s capability or willingness to fight in Ukraine in the next few days. I think that it’s probably a smart call by Ukraine to use a few days to regroup and assess the situation and plan. Who knows you may start seeing movement of troops back towards Crimea or Rostov, at least in certain units, and such a thing might naturally open a path for Ukraine to move forward.

I guess the way I see it, there’s no real advantage for Ukraine attacking immediately, however, there could be a huge advantage opening up in the next 48 to 72 hours
View Quote

Yup. Even confused and disheartened RU troops will fight back if attacked. Let them sit and simmer since things are NOT getting better in Russia. At the very least, reinforcements and supplies are being diverted from the Ukraine front. In a few days when supplies are critical they may be easier to roll, even if they dont mutiny and head towards Moscow, which is actually possible.

If your enemy is busy fighting himself, dont attack and interrupt them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Jesus, I might just stay here for the Russian Civil War updates. The GD Civil War thread is full of fucking kooks, forever Trumpers,  and guys that enjoy giving oral sex to Putin
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Just want to thank @AlmightyTallest for your superhuman effort to keep us all updating on Ukraine and now Russia.
View Quote

Thanks man, I appreciate the nod, but there are a lot of others here that make this thread and the info it contains great, including yourself.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kpacman:
This thread started with a poll on how things would end with Putin.

Most thought he would always remain in power.

Although things might be a bit premature, I would like the opportunity to go back and change my choice!
View Quote

I voted Coup!
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
Yea its pretty bad

Good news is its easier to spot the paid russian agitator's.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

LoL
The entirety of the Russian army is made up of people that had never touched a gun a year ago. Prigozhin is a caterer and mob boss...

The only effective strategy they have will result in their whole country being a glass covered, self lighting, parking lot
View All Quotes
Ukrainian govt.

LoL

It's pretty foolish to dismiss the only effective leader Russian forces have had in a decade but you do you.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Russian TG

Of the interesting things that we noticed - so far there has not been a single video with columns of heavy equipment of the Ministry of Defense - tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, artillery and others.

All that can be observed over the past day is the relatively light equipment of the units of the Russian Guard, in the face of armored vehicles BTR-80 and BTR-82A, as well as various armored vehicles, such as Tigers, Uralov-VV, Patrols.

From the army, only the aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces, represented by Ka-52 helicopters and Su-34 bombers, demonstrated attempts to strike at Wagner PMC columns. However, there are certain difficulties with this, both due to the fact that Prigozhin’s troops have their own anti-aircraft systems, such as the Pantsir-S1 air defense missile system or the Strela-10 air defense system, and because of the fast movement speed of PMC columns mixed with civilians.

In turn, the Wagners have a certain amount of heavy armored vehicles, in the form of T-72B3 tanks, BMP-2 and BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles, as well as BTR-82A armored personnel carriers and a large number of light vehicles.

Thus, in the event of a direct collision between the Wagner PMC and the checkpoints of the National Guard and the police set up in their path (which I would not like very much), the advantage will not be with the state security forces.

Military Informant

https://t.me/milinfolive/102686

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

It's pretty foolish to dismiss the only effective leader Russian forces have had in a decade but you do you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Ukrainian govt.

LoL

That's not really a high bar though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Javak:
But do we want a devil we know or a devil we don’t know?  Putin, like Hitler, was his own worst enemy.  With Prigozhin we might get a guy who knows what he’s doing.
View Quote

Prigozhin has said the war on Ukraine was based on lies and was never necessary. I dont see him or any "new" leader eager to continue this disaster. I think even Putin would use this as an excuse to pull out from Ukraine, if he could.

Worst case scenario (some new leader takes over and continues the war in Ukraine) Russia will still be weaker w/o Wagner and most likely will benefit Ukraine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

wonder what the roads look like
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4342 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top