Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4343 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Follow up to the other great tweet posted earlier from Kasparov
View Quote

Agree but also must be considered if Prigozhin is doing exactly what he was ordered to do.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Jesus, I might just stay here for the Russian Civil War updates. The GD Civil War thread is full of fucking kooks, forever Trumpers,  and guys that enjoy giving oral sex to Putin
View Quote

This is the only thread for actual information, because the mods will kick the trolls out.  Other threads in GD about the Ukraine conflict are only good for shitposting, or if you enjoy wildly improbable conspiracy theories.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
C'mon Georgia, make your move.

C'mon Chechans... take back your country.

C'mon Moldova, kick out the Russians.

If they all moved at once, right now, I wonder what the Russians would do?   They seem stretched REALLY thin as things stand.
View Quote

Yeah, things could get spicy real quick.  However ti mostly depends on if we’re looking at a genuine 1917 moment, or a simulation to some political end.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Maybe. I dont know what's happening on the front now. If the Russians are still active against the UA, kill them. But ideally, I'd rather Russians die in Russia instead of Ukraine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Julian_JJE:

Im with Torstin.  I think the better play is to engage the front to tie them up and expend resources that are rapidly depleting.

Maybe. I dont know what's happening on the front now. If the Russians are still active against the UA, kill them. But ideally, I'd rather Russians die in Russia instead of Ukraine.

I compare it to a game of Risk.  You have player #3 attacking player #2 who's on breached you continent.  

Don't allow #2 to kill of #3 to refocus on you.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:39:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tuco22] [#6]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzZtVlsWIAIF3eT?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Raising hell about Ukrainian Nazi's but instead get invaded by your own Nazi's.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember when GD had threads like "Ukraine is barely fighting back"?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:42:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#9]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#10]
This whole thing stinks to me. Here are a few things we "know":

> Putin (and the last several Russian leaders, going as far back as Brezhnev) were all products of the security services, not the military

> Prighozin was Putin's guy

> the Russian military has always been pretty weak and ineffective by design (and so a convenient punching bag)

> the phrase "stab in the back" has literally been used by some MoD (I think?) spokespeople or generals recently?

> Prighozin claims that MoD forces bombed a bunch of Wagner sites; I still haven't seen any evidence for this.

> AFAIK, all the Russian internet hardware to the outside world still works, because we are seeing pictures of stuff happening. And this goes double for Russian troops in Ukraine...who have been hilariously using Ukrainian telecom infrastructure to see these crazy developments, when they weren't revealing their own positions in selfies.

So how does this work? Prighozin (Putin's guy) goes to Ukraine and mocks the MoD (always the whipping boy anyway), throws some utterly disposable convicts at Bakhmut for little effect, touts the effectiveness of Wagner, then shortly after decides the war is bad for Russia, flips on Putin, returns to Russia to attack or co-opt the MoD...and plans to take his 25,000 dudes all the way to Moscow?

I'm not buying it.

I think what we're seeing is more like Valkyrie...except instead of Prighozin being a latter-day Stauffenberg, we're seeing somebody else (Putin?) using Wagner like the SS to smash internal opposition.

Valkyrie - Operation Valkyrie in Action

I mean, we really can't lose either way, but this shit is starting to sound like a Mexican soap opera.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Tuco22:

The Nazi's are invading again
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tuco22:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzZtVlsWIAIF3eT?format=jpg&name=900x900

The Nazi's are invading again

Cruel irony.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Next on my wishlist/bingo card is "Russian strategic bombers launch cruise missiles against targets inside Russia."
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
View Quote

Yeah its hard to believe that Prigozhin would be crazy enough to think he could just go to Moscow "kick the rats out" and restore "justice". Maybe but I'm also betting he has some backers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I’m exactly 2 hrs behind and refuse to skip forward.

The anticipation is nuts! Better than Christmas.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Yeah its hard to believe that Prigozhin would be crazy enough to think he could just go to Moscow "kick the rats out" and restore "justice". Maybe but I'm also betting he has some backers.
View All Quotes

He’s doing ok so far
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Lol yes!!  I bet he was on one of those jets fleeing Moscow though
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Anybody else who can't wait to see the next video by Solovyev?

Lol yes!!  I bet he was on one of those jets fleeing Moscow though
he posted a video yesterday while he was in his car. He seemed shaken and morose.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Well, that certainly would be the smart thing to do. But just when have Russians made the smart choice?

The smarter choice would never have to started the war in the first place. Just sit back sell natural resources and enjoy the money. BUT NO!
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

This is the only thread for actual information, because the mods will kick the trolls out.  Other threads in GD about the Ukraine conflict are only good for shitposting, or if you enjoy wildly improbable conspiracy theories.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Jesus, I might just stay here for the Russian Civil War updates. The GD Civil War thread is full of fucking kooks, forever Trumpers,  and guys that enjoy giving oral sex to Putin

That's a good point.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By johnh57:

Hope so.

I'm still paranoid that this could result in a more vicious russia.
View Quote

The trouble is, that's historically exactly what has happened. The regime decays for years, reaches some crisis point, and then the next hungriest and most vicious dog(s) in the pack attack the current weakened pack leader.

Rinse and repeat.

What Strategic Rocket Forces doing?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:53:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#27]
The fact Russia has 150k of their combat forces in Ukraine, and the Russian Federation seems to be in shock at what's going on. There is a good 50/50 chance Putin is toast.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

> Putin (and the last several Russian leaders, going as far back as Brezhnev) were all products of the security services, not the military

> the Russian military has always been pretty weak and ineffective by design (and so a convenient punching bag)

> the phrase "stab in the back" has literally been used by some MoD (I think?) spokespeople or generals recently?

> Prighozin claims that MoD forces bombed a bunch of Wagner sites; I still haven't seen any evidence for this.

> AFAIK, all the Russian internet hardware to the outside world still works, because we are seeing pictures of stuff happening. And this goes double for Russian troops in Ukraine...who have been hilariously using Ukrainian telecom infrastructure to see these crazy developments, when they weren't revealing their own positions in selfies.

So how does this work? Prighozin (Putin's guy) goes to Ukraine and mocks the MoD (always the whipping boy anyway), throws some utterly disposable convicts at Bakhmut for little effect, touts the effectiveness of Wagner, then shortly after decides the war is bad for Russia, flips on Putin, returns to Russia to attack or co-opt the MoD...and plans to take his 25,000 dudes all the way to Moscow?

I'm not buying it.

I think what we're seeing is more like Valkyrie...except instead of Prighozin being a latter-day Stauffenberg, we're seeing somebody else (Putin?) using Wagner like the SS to smash internal opposition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iojQ6Ao5WA

I mean, we really can't lose either way, but this shit is starting to sound like a Mexican soap opera.
View Quote

So maybe this whole thing is an FSB OP? If Wagner was really a product of FSB/GRU and didnt get out of control (Frankenstein Monster) then this whole thing may really be FSB/Wagner .vs MOD RU Army. I doubt it but I guess anything is possible.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

They also showed the lack of internal security forces. Wagner is advancing against no opposition because there's no opposition to face. Russia is basically empty of anything except police forces. Where the neck are the 200k conscripts that weren't supposed to be sent to Ukraine? Hint: probably growing sunflowers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#33]

So maybe this whole thing is an FSB OP? If Wagner was really a product of FSB/GRU and didnt get out of control (Frankenstein Monster) then this whole thing may really be FSB/Wagner .vs MOD RU Army. I doubt it but I guess anything is possible.
View Quote

And I readily admit, I have no freaking clue.

I'll just say this:

"The first report is always wrong"
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:57:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#34]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

They also showed the lack of internal security forces. Wagner is advancing against no opposition because there's no opposition to face. Russia is basically empty of anything except police forces. Where the neck are the 200k conscripts that weren't supposed to be sent to Ukraine? Hint: probably growing sunflowers.
View Quote

Shit man they may even be swelling their ranks as disillusioned Russians, join up with them. Like a snowball rolling from the top of a mountain until it's a giant
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#36]

lol, are those Mcflurries?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#37]
The Kadyrovites sure are taking their time.

I need to see a photoshop of Prigozhin pointing at their smoldering vehicles.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Let's Fucking go! Time to ruthlessly crush Russian defenses and break through.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

I'm not buying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iojQ6Ao5WA

View Quote

Hell, a Mexican soap opera is more believable and less dramatic.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#40]
So uh this is like at a 8/10 level of "Its happening"?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Some people on the right are just as mentally ill as the most insane leftist.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:
Originally Posted By fike:
The “reorganization of reality” coping mechanism is fascinating to watch on this site.

Some people on the right are just as mentally ill as the most insane leftist.

Yes, I have finally come to realize this truism in the last year and a half. I used to think that "conservatives" like myself all had the same goals and thought nearly along the same lines. But I have been severely disappointed to accept the fact that a lot of "fellow conservatives" are just as crazy as the craziest of people on the far Left. It has been a revelation for me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:01:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#44]
View Quote

That’s been my theory about Prigozhin for over a year. He is the face man, not the shot caller or boss of bosses.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I am now so far behind in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Eastwood: We're Pulling Out And Pushing Forward!!

Kinda reminds me of Kellys Heroes.

LETS GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:02:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elcope] [#48]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:03:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#49]
3 min ago.

Crush them.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
Fantastic quote usage

Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4343 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top