Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4348 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Ruh roh...

Weird to have so many English speakers in rostov at the right time and place...
View Quote

English is the universal business language.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Why, that would match what the Ukrainian forces are saying the Russian death tallies were.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Truth bombs dropping...

Why, that would match what the Ukrainian forces are saying the Russian death tallies were.

Holy shit

So putins troops are gonna get shot at and raped literally by the convicts
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kbi:

Holy shit

So putins troops are gonna get shot at and raped literally by the convicts
View Quote

Like boot camp all over again
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]

I keep seeing these infographics, and wonder do we need to add 2 more infographics…another tracker for MOD casualties within Russia and another for Russia casualties within Russia
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Girkin is not happy  

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzaJE0LWYAMlMfn?format=png&name=small
View Quote

Good this is exactly what we said would happen and how tons of irreversible damage to Putin has been done.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#8]
He will accidentally shoot himself 3 times in the back of the head while tripping out of a twelfth floor window.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
If I liked drama like this, I'd have watched
a soap opera.  It seems someone wasn't
getting enough attention.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:06:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#10]
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
If this goes civil war critical, it would be the first civil war of the big 5 in our life times. Sure there was a minor hiccup revolt against Boris,  I mean  a true civil war charging on the capitol with resistance. I can say, I saw the Berlin Wall fall at 17 at the demise of the Federation (if you want to call it that) and the implosion of Russia.

Both by the ineptitude of their systems.
Fucking crazy times

ETA and yes, I opened the Scotch I saved for the demise of Russia tonight and partook of its sweet elixir en mass. I was saving this in hopes of the day UA was free of the scourge and perhaps prematurely opened it… but, fuck it… this is epic
View Quote
Once I’m convinced this is legit with actual effects on the ground in Ukraine, I’ll spring for a very nice new scotch.  Until then I’m withholding judgment.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#11]
If this is true and Russians are fighting other Russians, all I can say is fuck yeah, more of that please.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#16]

It was an IL-22M and they even gave a tail number, the outer engines had ripped off making it look like a 2 engine craft.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Hotdog is in the bun, I repeat, hotdog is in the bun:

View Quote

Saying that Wagner isn’t interfering in supply to or aviation attacks against Ukraine tells me this isn’t all its portrayed to be.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Storm Shadow targets are probably already readjusted as are dozens of HIMARS

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:15:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#19]
I think the wisest guidance on these events comes from Garay Kasparov. Russia is a criminal organization with competing gang leaders.

It will play out according to who profits and controls various cash flows. There is no ideology. There are no “politics.”  There is no loyalty beyond self-interest of the moment.

Remember that it was claimed that Shoigu was skimming as much as 50% of the MoD budget. And his underlings another 30%.

And that Wagner is basically a natural resource plundering organization bringing massive wealth into Russia.

What that all means for end game I have no idea. But it won’t follow any western expectations unless looking more like Mexican cartels maneuvering.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:16:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#20]
At the end of the day, if he has gotten the leadership of the MOD replaced, he won. My gut feeling is that he is now actually basically in charge of RU and the back-down is to allow his country to save some face (too late for that really though). Whether it has any effect on the actual war is yet to be seen, but it does sound like Ukraine may have taken some advantage of this window. The air losses are a nice bonus.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted - now back to Ukraine kicking their asses.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#21]
So even when Russia goes fully Leroy Jenkins on Russia it doesn't get a decisive victory. Meanwhile every nation just watched the geopolitical version of dude from Fight Club hitting himself in a parking lot
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:18:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#22]
Originally Posted By Capta:
Once I’m convinced this is legit with actual effects on the ground in Ukraine, I’ll spring for a very nice new scotch.  Until then I’m withholding jusgment.
View Quote

What if Shoigu and Gerasimov are beeing replaced by more competent guys? Could get worse for Ukraine.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#23]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

What if Shoigu and Gerasimov are beeing replaced by more competent guys? Could get worse for Ukraine.

View Quote

Competence is not in their vernacular when it comes to war.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#24]
What’s the payday? $10B? $50B? $100B?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#25]

View Quote

I think that is essentially Prigozhen's demand, with the rider that he sees himself as the most competent.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
At the end of the day, if he has gotten the leadership of the MOD replaced, he won. My gut feeling is that he is now actually basically in charge of RU and the back-down is to allow his country to save some face (too late for that really though). Whether it has any effect on the actual war is yet to be seen, but it does sound like Ukraine may have taken some advantage of this window. The air losses are a nice bonus.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted - now back to Ukraine kicking their asses.
View Quote

Yeah those were significant aircraft. THREE EW/command helicopters, a CandC plane, and three attack helicopters. Plus the crews for each which Russia could not spare.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Irish-0101:
Timberlands
Basketball
What a way to spend the last few hours of freedom 🇮🇪💪https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/584812/IMG_0056_png-2862022.JPG
View Quote

Be careful and keep your head on a swivel.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Meanwhile…

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

I think it's a little late in the game though. What's a central planning guy going to do with what they have now? Fundamental flaws won't just get fixed. Ukraine has a pipeline of western training now. Russians are panic digging trenches in highways outside their capital. I don't see them having any footing whatsoever to pivot from all this. I don't think any changes in brass can alter the trajectory
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#33]
How many of you guys would get on a plane “protected” by Putin with Prigozhin heading to Belarus?  Chance of fiery mid-flight smoking accident?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
How many of you guys would get on a plane “protected” by Putin with Prigozhin heading to Belarus?  Chance of fiery mid-flight smoking accident?
View Quote

Lol is this some sort of exile?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:31:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#35]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

I think it's a little late in the game though. What's a central planning guy going to do with what they have now? Fundamental flaws won't just get fixed. Ukraine has a pipeline of western training now. Russians are panic digging trenches in highways outside their capital. I don't see them having any footing whatsoever to pivot from all this. I don't think any changes in brass can alter the trajectory
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

It’s not like they suddenly get hundreds of T-90 tanks, Iskander missiles, pilots, and secure comms handsets.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Exile into a puppet state seems like a poor choice.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Prighozin effectively takes control of the Russian government without having to burn down Moscow and murder the leaders to make it happen. Putin agrees to this because the Russian troops are all at the front lines in Ukraine leaving Moscow unable to defend itself from wagner, who are willing and able to burn down Moscow and murder all of the leaders.
It's a successful coup with Putin left as a figurehead.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:35:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#40]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Prighozin effectively takes control of the Russian government without having to burn down Moscow and murder the leaders to make it happen. Putin agrees to this because the Russian troops are all at the front lines in Ukraine leaving Moscow unable to defend itself from wagner, who are willing and able to burn down Moscow and murder all of the leaders.
It's a successful coup with Putin left as a figurehead.
View Quote

These are my conclusions as well. A bloodless coup(sort of). Either way, makes Putin(and Russia as a whole) more vulnerable
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:36:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#42]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
View Quote

Makes zero sense. Unless we know the deal that was made of course.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Hking:
It seems super super odd that Wagner shoots down multiple RU helos, takes over multiple cities, there were multiple unconfirmed but reported small arms skirmishes between Wagner and RU forces, and RU started destroying oil depots and other equipment to not let Wagner capture it, but now they all say lol we talked it out and everything is ok now.

View Quote

It’s the most bizarre thing that’s happened during this war IMHO.  I think it could very well be some type of false flag op  orchestrated by Prigozhin and Putin together.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:39:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#44]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

It’s the most bizarre thing that’s happened during this war IMHO.  I think it could very well be some type of false flag op  orchestrated by Prigozhin and Putin together.
View Quote

For what end result?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
@the_resurrector what's it like now?
View Quote

I was going to ask about him when I read that Russia was drafting and mobilizing foreigners and guest workers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:40:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m35ben] [#46]
Another good interview and discussion with an American who lived in Russia and is fighting for Ukraine.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#47]
From BBC. They have several good articles
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#48]
So Wagner is no more … Prighozin sold out his Mercs … Russia was made to look like a fool by Belarus negotiating …

Wow …
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4348 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top