Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4405 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
2hrs ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0CmF_QWAAAf0au?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0CmXuMXgAEL7D5?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

I've said this before (prior to my username change...), but at this point, I don't think Sloviansk and Kramatorsk are within Russia's grasp anymore. They're losing ground slowly but surely on the flanks of Bakhmut, the Ukrainians have had many months to create fortifications all the way back to Sloviansk and Kramatorsk, and regardless of the outcome of Ukrainians Southern offensive, I think it's safe to say that what few good Russian units remain are going to get attrited heavily. Those would be the units the Russians would need to break through Ukrainian defensive lines up to Sloviansk and Kramatorsk.

The Russian Army's offensive capacity is mostly drained at this point. They spent the entire winter assaulting Ukrainian positions in the Donbas, and they pretty much got nothing out of it, save for a bunch of casualties and destroyed equipment. It remains to be seen how much more of their territory the Ukrainians can liberate, but I don't think Russia is going much further.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Ah, I see where this is going. The little Russian cartoon guys are going to be covering everything with mud flaps.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
lol, more like 160,000, but whose counting?

Russians may have found a solution against HIMARS tungsten balls

Small tungsten balls penetrate 4 mm, and the large ones pierce 6 mm of metal. There are 180,000 of them in a rocket.

So the mudguards made of solid rubber are all intact, they do not pierce them, but the iron has become like a sieve. The balls cannot penetrate hard rubber.

This was noted by a Russian repairman.  

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1675439843415916544
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0Bbp80WYAMmO50?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0BbqIDWIAEplWV?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0BbppFXwAIWRAz?format=jpg&name=large
No idea what they're showing there - the headlight isn't even hit. A rubber emblem having no hits right next to it is unsurprising. The fragment photo looks like metal more than rubber? Doesn't look like they bounced off of the tire.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j_hooker] [#4]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

You've "explained" plenty and I've read your posts thoroughly over the last year, so no, you do not need to "explain" anymore.  The issue is your "explanations" are severely wanting.  You also conflate the EU and NATO considerably from a policy perspective including this very post.  Also, my issue is with the electorate, not with how elections are run.  The cleanest elections mean little if the electorate is garbage.  Plenty of places in my country run clean elections with crappy results.  However, given the indicia of Orban's corruption, which I think is even more likely given that he seems to have been compromised by Russia, I'm starting to have my doubts in this respect.

Seriously, if Hungary is going to fuck with its allies to leverage a different entity then it needs to GTFO.  It has no business in NATO.  I have issues with Turkey in this respect as well, but they actually bring something crucial to the table that gives pause when considering their continued membership in the alliance, namely their geography and its strategic importance, which is why they were admitted in the first place.

If the EU is so bad for Hungary, and I actually agree that in general the EU is a bad thing (and while I understand why Ukraine wants in, I don't think it will be to their benefit, unlike being part of NATO), again, the easier solution is to leave, just like the UK did.  NATO has basically nothing to do with those EU issues.

Orban's government needs to pay the price for its behavior and sadly, deserved or not, the price will also cost the Hungarian people, but it must be done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

Not gonna re explain it anymore. It's a long and tedious battle that in the end, Orban chose this stance because of previous EU and NATO policies that didn't benefit Hungary at all.

It's a carrot stick approach that seems to work well for Hungary and Orban.

Elections are pretty fair and is a lot better than my experience back in the states. Voter ID and proof of ID and real live time voting along with election watchers from all parties have observed and have noted no cheating.

TLDR, it's about energy policy and migrant policies that both NATO and the EU have been bi polar about but Hungary hasn't.

So far, concessions have been made for Orban in exchange for voting for Finland. Orban got the Paks II nuclear plant approved by the EU after 9 years of foot dragging and not offering alternatives.

Sweden vote and other concessions only happen after Hungary gets its EU money which is almost 3 years worth.

EU is only punishing Hungary because of its zero migrant policy stance and EU wants Hungary to take in 10k migrants every year in exchange for their funds.

You've "explained" plenty and I've read your posts thoroughly over the last year, so no, you do not need to "explain" anymore.  The issue is your "explanations" are severely wanting.  You also conflate the EU and NATO considerably from a policy perspective including this very post.  Also, my issue is with the electorate, not with how elections are run.  The cleanest elections mean little if the electorate is garbage.  Plenty of places in my country run clean elections with crappy results.  However, given the indicia of Orban's corruption, which I think is even more likely given that he seems to have been compromised by Russia, I'm starting to have my doubts in this respect.

Seriously, if Hungary is going to fuck with its allies to leverage a different entity then it needs to GTFO.  It has no business in NATO.  I have issues with Turkey in this respect as well, but they actually bring something crucial to the table that gives pause when considering their continued membership in the alliance, namely their geography and its strategic importance, which is why they were admitted in the first place.

If the EU is so bad for Hungary, and I actually agree that in general the EU is a bad thing (and while I understand why Ukraine wants in, I don't think it will be to their benefit, unlike being part of NATO), again, the easier solution is to leave, just like the UK did.  NATO has basically nothing to do with those EU issues.

Orban's government needs to pay the price for its behavior and sadly, deserved or not, the price will also cost the Hungarian people, but it must be done.

Jozsi has stated Hungry should leave the EU and NATO, it will be painful.  Jozsi isn’t making excuses and is not happy how Orban is playing his hand, but rather explaining to us outsiders the Hungarian perspective.  It’s easy for us to misconstrue Jozsi as an apologist, he isn’t, rather the chess moves of Orban.  
Personally I feel they are a dead weight and obstructionist for both the EU and NATO and a have a welfare mentality.  Hands are out for freebies and get mad when they don’t get their welfare checks because they don’t agree with a policy.

I would like to add, If I’m Hungarian, I would be pro Orban and fuck immigration and Western Europe.  I get the allure of him by the people.

Now, as an outsider looking in, stop being a dick because now is not the time to play hardball with peoples lives on the line. Step up and help support a neighbor and be a good guy…. Help redeem your country to make amends for past alliances.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Hungary has allowed entrance to over hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian refugees. I have hosted my buddies family here in Budapest for over a year.

So far, Hungary has accepted over 150k Ukrainian refugees to stay. The numbers were up to 300k but many have found the will to go back when it is safe and get going again. Many have moved on to western Europe and that is their right and option.

Those that stay, we have gotten them housing, services, and their children are going to school with some thriving in Hungarian and English and even Ukrainian.

What the EU is stating to Hungary is that 300k Ukrainian refugees isn't enough, we want you to accept 3rd world shithole migrants with zero skills and ability or the ability to assimilate or integrate, you know, just like in the self segregated communities in France and Germany.

Henceforth, 10k 3rd world shitholers to come over.

Those are the current sticklers between the EU and Hungary, the acceptance of migrants from 3rd world shitholes and refugees coming from the Ukraine doesn't count.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20230630_115410_jpg-2870736.JPG
The entire process is trying to be as less stressful as it can be for a refugee. Food, shelter with their own room or apartment for a family, access to government services with actual help. The social services has been sponsored by the EU so they are there 100 percent of the time. We have full time teachers now in Ukrainian and Russian for a high school in the east.

For those wondering. A family of 4 can get up to 500 euros a month for for assistance in Hungary but I do know for a fact that it is more in other countries.

What we have is not perfect but they just opened up another hotel in eastern Hungary solely for Ukrainians.

I can go on and go. I've been pretty busy myself delivering stuff to my buddies unit but I know I can do more.

I'm exploring doing more despite wife unit telling me she will skin me alive if I got anymore east than Zahony at the Hungarian Ukrainian border

Buddies larger brigade might be needing an armorer, logistics, etc.

I'll see.
View Quote

Forgive the short memories here.

I remember not that long ago when Hungary was one of few nations that would accept Christians marked for death or slavery by Isis.  The US put its foot down and wouldn’t accept them as did much of Europe, but had no issues with refugees from other faiths not under such extreme threat.

The people of a nation should have a right to decide how involved they want to be in a war.

I find it quite draconian that a block of nations would threaten another people with economic starvation because the people won’t bend to their will.  That’s not going to lead anywhere good for the western world.

When this war is over we still need our principles.  Convince them, make the case, and probably listen to why that nation holds such a grievance to go to such measures.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]

‼️Russians may have found a solution against HIMARS tungsten balls

Small tungsten balls penetrate 4 mm, and the large ones pierce 6 mm of metal. There are 180,000 of them in a rocket.

So the mudguards made of solid rubber are all intact, they do not pierce them, but the iron has become like a sieve. The balls cannot penetrate hard rubber.

Yep, looks like those thick rubber tires sure stopped the frag.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

I've said this before (prior to my username change...), but at this point, I don't think Sloviansk and Kramatorsk are within Russia's grasp anymore. They're losing ground slowly but surely on the flanks of Bakhmut, the Ukrainians have had many months to create fortifications all the way back to Sloviansk and Kramatorsk, and regardless of the outcome of Ukrainians Southern offensive, I think it's safe to say that what few good Russian units remain are going to get attrited heavily. Those would be the units the Russians would need to break through Ukrainian defensive lines up to Sloviansk and Kramatorsk.

The Russian Army's offensive capacity is mostly drained at this point. They spent the entire winter assaulting Ukrainian positions in the Donbas, and they pretty much got nothing out of it, save for a bunch of casualties and destroyed equipment. It remains to be seen how much more of their territory the Ukrainians can liberate, but I don't think Russia is going much further.
View Quote

@Jaehaerys
Is that you my Estonian Friend??
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Tossed what I could your way brother. Hope it helps with the optic!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By Easterner:
I got a few things today. Thanks guys!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230702_203312_jpg-2871078.JPG

A few different tools to add to my bag. A new headlamp that has a separate button for red light so there's no woops, and it is rechargeable. It also takes AAAs. I ordered some various heat shrink adhesive electrical connectors based on Ryan's advise, and some crimpers. A voltage tester, as an addition to my multimeter. Also picked up a triple mag pouch for my carrier, so now I have 8 mag pouches. Also got a sleeping bag. It's nothing fancy, but it's compact which is a plus at this point since I'm getting heavy.

I will try to hit the gun shop in the next couple days. Still hunting a red dot and some fore grips for the guys in my brigade.

There's also a few more tools Ryan suggested for common repairs with Humvees. It's a lot to collect, but it's better to have it before shopping becomes impossible.

The commander started requesting some documents so I'm pretty busy running around and getting things squared away. Somehow I'm still trying to get this ghillie poncho finished. Irish apparently has a ghillie suit now, and said I'll never find him. We'll see about that.
Tossed what I could your way brother. Hope it helps with the optic!

Yes it does! Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#9]

It is doubtful anyone will give a hand to Hungary when the first time we needed help was during the migrant crisis in 2015 with over 1 million screaming across the border. The EU offered nothing and branded Hungary a racist country.

Now years later, they are reaping what they sowed with riots in France and a barely functioning migrant population in much of western Europe contributing zero to the economy other than being a parasite to the system.

View Quote

So the migrants didn't stay in Hungary, most of them went on to Western Europe. Makes Hungary's claims of being hard done by hollow. Doesn't sound like the rest of the EU owes Hungary anything.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By j_hooker:

@Jaehaerys
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

@Jaehaerys

Nah, my previous username involved a certain politically incorrect actor.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#11]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230702_203312_jpg-2871078.JPG

A few different tools to add to my bag. A new headlamp that has a separate button for red light so there's no woops, and it is rechargeable. It also takes AAAs. I ordered some various heat shrink adhesive electrical connectors based on Ryan's advise, and some crimpers. A voltage tester, as an addition to my multimeter. Also picked up a triple mag pouch for my carrier, so now I have 8 mag pouches. Also got a sleeping bag. It's nothing fancy, but it's compact which is a plus at this point since I'm getting heavy.

I will try to hit the gun shop in the next couple days. Still hunting a red dot and some fore grips for the guys in my brigade.

There's also a few more tools Ryan suggested for common repairs with Humvees. It's a lot to collect, but it's better to have it before shopping becomes impossible.

The commander started requesting some documents so I'm pretty busy running around and getting things squared away. Somehow I'm still trying to get this ghillie poncho finished. Irish apparently has a ghillie suit now, and said I'll never find him. We'll see about that.
View Quote

Mention of the headlamp reminded me.

Try and find a USB rechargable work light like this: https://www.harborfreight.com/lighting/work-lights/421-lumen-led-rechargeable-3-in-1-quick-connect-light-kit-56200.html

You can never have enough light turning wrenches!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

I'm pretty sure she does. She's spent time in the West, worked with Western people. I'm sure she believes in the moral superiority and superior intelligence of Russia, just like she believes that Ukraine has no right to exist independently of Russia, that Kyiv is a foundational Russian city, and that the Russian propaganda is basically trustworthy information.
View Quote

She kinda hot tho in a big leafy carrot in the bum camwhore way....
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#13]

tungsten rain
some stay dry and others feel the pain

tungsten rain
some stay dry and others feel the pain

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#14]

LOL. "Yeah that's genius discovery there Dimitri, now go blanket everything we got with rubber!"

What would we call that? We have Cope Cages, would that be called Cope Covers?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

I'm pretty sure she does. She's spent time in the West, worked with Western people. I'm sure she believes in the moral superiority and superior intelligence of Russia, just like she believes that Ukraine has no right to exist independently of Russia, that Kyiv is a foundational Russian city, and that the Russian propaganda is basically trustworthy information.

I suspect she's more of a rutabaga kind of girl.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

LOL. "Yeah that's genius discovery there Dimitri, now go blanket everything we got with rubber!"

View All Quotes

lol,
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Try and find a USB rechargeable work light like this: https://www.harborfreight.com/lighting/work-lights/421-lumen-led-rechargeable-3-in-1-quick-connect-light-kit-56200.html

View All Quotes

Try and find a USB rechargeable work light like this: https://www.harborfreight.com/lighting/work-lights/421-lumen-led-rechargeable-3-in-1-quick-connect-light-kit-56200.html

My headlamp is USB rechargeable. I may get another power bank too. Mine is about 15 months old since I bought it near the beginning of this mess.

Yeah I was also eyeing the weapon lights at the store today. They are finally catching on that red light is what is needed. I saw an assortment of replacement end caps with red lenses. I'm going to need an assistant to carry all of this shit. Fooo
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Posted for entertainment value alone, because there’s no way this is real…

…is there?

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

They are not doing well in the. Attack/recon. Mode.

https://news.yahoo.com/thin-armoured-french-tanks-impractical-110407784.html
View Quote

Interesting. I guess the debate over their usefulness in a full-scale war is now settled.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#20]

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Interesting. I guess the debate over their usefulness in a full-scale war is now settled.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

They are not doing well in the. Attack/recon. Mode.

https://news.yahoo.com/thin-armoured-french-tanks-impractical-110407784.html

Negative, we don't know how the Ukrainians are using them. Maybe just used in a wrong way?

SCNR.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
No idea what they're showing there - the headlight isn't even hit. A rubber emblem having no hits right next to it is unsurprising. The fragment photo looks like metal more than rubber? Doesn't look like they bounced off of the tire.
View Quote

Claims that the HIMARS tungsten frag can pierce 4-6mm of steel yet cannot penetrate a rubber mudguard it absurd. Either the mudguard was not hit or more likely the small fragments went through the rubber mudguard without leaving a large hole due to the elasticity of the material.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

So the migrants didn't stay in Hungary, most of them went on to Western Europe. Makes Hungary's claims of being hard done by hollow. Doesn't sound like the rest of the EU owes Hungary anything.

View Quote

I'm not sure your point. If a country (or individual) helps someone and the person eventually leaves, goes back home, or eventually moves on, then no help was given? Is there a minimum "stay-time" where it IS considered help? The refugee has to stay for 6 months? Or 6 years? By that logic the American Red Cross and Salvation Army never helped anyone since the people being "helped" eventually found a new home.

Hungary doesnt claim it is owed, they just dont want to open their borders to 300K migrants from the ME and Africa. Let the French enjoy all the diversity and leave Hungary to wallow in racist misery.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Negative, we don't know how the Ukrainians are using them. Maybe just used in a wrong way?

SCNR.

View Quote

Fair point. We've seen assaults led by HMMV's and other soft-skinned vehicles not suited.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#25]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
More and more Lancets being neutralized.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
More and more Lancets being neutralized.

A few days ago they were saying how they finally figured out the frequencies the Lancets use. Apparently the tuned EW is working well to knock them down! 😁
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Is it wrong to mail crayons to my Marine buddies when I send their helmet covers Monday?

They tried some squid jokes on me and when I asked if it was true they ate crayons they just laughed.
View Quote

Not wrong at all!  The crayon thing is funny as hell! Any Marine that gets offended by it isn't really a Marine in my book.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Claims that the HIMARS tungsten frag can pierce 4-6mm of steel yet cannot penetrate a rubber mudguard it absurd. Either the mudguard was not hit or more likely the small fragments went through the rubber mudguard without leaving a large hole due to the elasticity of the material.
View Quote

We’ve seen evidence that they pierce substantially more steel than that. 8-9mm minimum.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Fantastic progress. I like that belt set up.
From what we see how much a beating vehicles take over there you are probably going to eyeballs deep in repairs. Wish you the best!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:00:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#29]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Posted for entertainment value alone, because there’s no way this is real…

…is there?

View Quote

Looks like the same explosion from the tik tok gas tank welder.
Went outside and picked a gallon and a half of blackberries while you guys are arguing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Russian “showers” prophylactics?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#31]

My headlamp is USB rechargeable. I may get another power bank too. Mine is about 15 months old since I bought it near the beginning of this mess.

Yeah I was also eyeing the weapon lights at the store today. They are finally catching on that red light is what is needed. I saw an assortment of replacement end caps with red lenses. I'm going to need an assistant to carry all of this shit. Fooo
View All Quotes

Tactical wheelbarrow was ahead of its time! 😂😂
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

We’ve seen evidence that they pierce substantially more steel than that. 8-9mm minimum.
View All Quotes

They have gone through semi truck frame rails so, nope, I ain’t hiding behind a mudguard on purpose!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

@bigstick61

If Orban has you so wrapped around the axle, you should start a new thread about it and stop shitting this one up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

They have gone through semi truck frame rails so, nope, I ain’t hiding behind a mudguard on purpose!
View Quote

Semi frame rails are 1/4-1/2” mild steel. M30A1 cuts holes in 9mm of 440BH armor steel.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Semi frame rails are 1/4-1/2” mild steel. M30A1 cuts holes in 9mm of 440BH armor steel.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the clarification. I thought you were referencing the truck and similar sheet metal.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#37]
This should be the obvious, slam dunk policy of every Republican regarding Russia war in Ukraine.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Thanks for the clarification. I thought you were referencing the truck and similar sheet metal.
View Quote

No worries. That’s BTR armor, it’s fairly high hardness for its age but M30A1 don’t care.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

But Lockheed didn't test against secret Russian mudflap armor.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#40]
One of the recent Rooskie narratives popping up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#41]

No worries. That’s BTR armor, it’s fairly high hardness for its age but M30A1 don’t care.
View All Quotes

Wicked!
I love it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

More than truck frame steel, leaf spring steel.

Attachment Attached File

But, shhh... Let them think some floormats will keep them safe.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#43]

I disagree Orban is a "corrupt POS" although I fear that some deals or promises by Putin are influencing his decisions.

I do agree that joining alliances means making sacrifices for the organization. But some of the demands have been unreasonable. Like the EU demands that Hungary open its borders to ME migrants. Basically like when you get married and you vow to join the "organization" of a family but then your wife wants to move 30 homeless men into your home. It would be reasonable to say "NO" (especially when your wife has cut you off for year years)...

It would probably be best for Hungary to leave the EU but being a very small country they would need an alternative union or group to join and that may have been fucked up by Orban's stubbornness on Ukraine.
View Quote

I hesitate to call the EU an alliance.

In any case, what does any of that have to do with NATO or Ukraine?  They are different things and conflating them is stupid and wrong, as is harming NATO and Ukraine to try to get things out of the EU.  I have no problem with strict immigration laws and some of the other laws and policies that the EU doesn't like on the part of Hungary, Poland, and others.  You don't have to argue that with me.  But that issue has zero to do with the NATO alliance.

Also, there have been articles about Orban's likely corruption from Rightist publications for years, such as structuring ostensibly conservative programs to enrich him and his friends.  I think his authoritarian tendencies may also stem from this corrupt nature.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#44]

And that is ALL true. Hungary has been treated very unfair despite being proved correct about the migrant suicide of W. Europe. I guess the Soros or whoever's money is too much for Western leadership to change course. Instead they double down on Hungary for daring to refuse the suicide koolaid.

I personally thought it would be a better tactic for Orban to go all-in with aid to Ukraine and toe the line with NATO but in the end they would still hate Hungary, which would be shivering in the dark without oil, gas, or nuke plants.

And lets be honest, Hungary really has shit little to contribute militarily or financially to the war. Their fucking "air force" is mostly leased like a time-share and they dont have much of any armor to contribute.

We are condemning Orban and Hungary for not talking enough support for Ukraine, meanwhile the USA which has enough military gear sitting in garbage dumps to outfit Ukraine with 87 armored brigades and make them the worlds 4th largest air force but we are trickling in aid in dribs and drabs, always a few months late with some critical gear that could have made a huge difference and ALWAYS withholding exactly what they need in the moment they need it. I dont even know why Hungary is in this conversation on Ukraine. If Hungary was withholding ATACMS and F16's then OK but they cannot get anything themselves even if they could afford it.
View Quote

Hungary is doing shit like blocking Sweden from joining NATO to gain concessions from a different organization.  No one expects them to rival the U.S. in aid, although some of these small countries have contributed a ton, relatively speaking.  But they need to actually consider the interests of the alliance and not behave like scumbags.  They have in other ways cozied up to Russia or acted in ways that are contrary to NATO and Ukrainian interests.  Even a "do no harm" with no proactive aid approach would be better than what they are doing now.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Hungary is doing shit like blocking Sweden from joining NATO to gain concessions from a different organization.  No one expects them to rival the U.S. in aid, although some of these small countries have contributed a ton, relatively speaking.  But they need to actually consider the interests of the alliance and not behave like scumbags.  They have in other ways cozied up to Russia or acted in ways that are contrary to NATO and Ukrainian interests.  Even a "do no harm" with no proactive aid approach would be better than what they are doing now.
View Quote

Dude, just stop. Enough thread shitting already.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

And that is ALL true. Hungary has been treated very unfair despite being proved correct about the migrant suicide of W. Europe. I guess the Soros or whoever's money is too much for Western leadership to change course. Instead they double down on Hungary for daring to refuse the suicide koolaid.

I personally thought it would be a better tactic for Orban to go all-in with aid to Ukraine and toe the line with NATO but in the end they would still hate Hungary, which would be shivering in the dark without oil, gas, or nuke plants.

And lets be honest, Hungary really has shit little to contribute militarily or financially to the war. Their fucking "air force" is mostly leased like a time-share and they dont have much of any armor to contribute.

We are condemning Orban and Hungary for not talking enough support for Ukraine, meanwhile the USA which has enough military gear sitting in garbage dumps to outfit Ukraine with 87 armored brigades and make them the worlds 4th largest air force but we are trickling in aid in dribs and drabs, always a few months late with some critical gear that could have made a huge difference and ALWAYS withholding exactly what they need in the moment they need it. I dont even know why Hungary is in this conversation on Ukraine. If Hungary was withholding ATACMS and F16's then OK but they cannot get anything themselves even if they could afford it.

I 100% agree with you, but it's been hashed and rehashed. It's just beating a dead horse at this point.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Ukrainian Mad Max.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#49]

From what we see how much a beating vehicles take over there you are probably going to eyeballs deep in repairs. Wish you the best!
View All Quotes

That's fine. As long as I get to go on ride alongs once in a while, for testing purposes....

Ok. I think I have the belt adjustment like I want. I really like it too. M-Tac makes some nice gear. Pouches are an assortment of Ukrainian companies.

Attachment Attached File

Left to right: Device pouch with compass/face tube scarves, double mag, single mag, dump bag, first aid kit, 750ml water bottle, grenade pouch with binoculars in it, multi tool, and gloves. I taped all the buckles and loose straps so shit doesn't move on me. Everything fits good with no interference to the plate carrier and those items. Nice laser cut MOLLE slots keep everything from flopping around. I can sit, kneel, twist, and run without restrictions.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#50]
This should be the obvious, slam dunk policy of every Republican regarding Russia war in Ukraine.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1821-2871271.jpg
View Quote

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4405 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top