Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4406 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:04:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Don't draw the wrong conclusions.

The wrong conclusion is that Russia is running out of weapons and equipment for its soldiers

The right conclusion is that Russia doesn't view the mobiks as soldiers. They're just bait to draw out the location of Ukrainian forces for artillery.

ETA: you have to try and think like an orc here
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Posted for entertainment value alone, because there’s no way this is real…

…is there?

View Quote

From the comments:  "I'm glad cameras survive these kind of incidents."
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Darn!  He faked being ill to reduce risk of assassination during travel outside Russia.
He ain’t dead, Jim. Keep trying.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

That's fine. As long as I get to go on ride alongs once in a while, for testing purposes....

Ok. I think I have the belt adjustment like I want. I really like it too. M-Tac makes some nice gear. Pouches are an assortment of Ukrainian companies.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230702_234720_jpg-2871307.JPG

Left to right: Device pouch with compass/face tube scarves, double mag, single mag, dump bag, first aid kit, 750ml water bottle, grenade pouch with binoculars in it, multi tool, and gloves. I taped all the buckles and loose straps so shit doesn't move on me. Everything fits good with no interference to the plate carrier and those items. Nice laser cut MOLLE slots keep everything from flopping around. I can sit, kneel, twist, and run without restrictions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
I got a few things today. Thanks guys!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230702_203312_jpg-2871078.JPG

A few different tools to add to my bag. A new headlamp that has a separate button for red light so there's no woops, and it is rechargeable. It also takes AAAs. I ordered some various heat shrink adhesive electrical connectors based on Ryan's advise, and some crimpers. A voltage tester, as an addition to my multimeter. Also picked up a triple mag pouch for my carrier, so now I have 8 mag pouches. Also got a sleeping bag. It's nothing fancy, but it's compact which is a plus at this point since I'm getting heavy.

I will try to hit the gun shop in the next couple days. Still hunting a red dot and some fore grips for the guys in my brigade.

There's also a few more tools Ryan suggested for common repairs with Humvees. It's a lot to collect, but it's better to have it before shopping becomes impossible.

The commander started requesting some documents so I'm pretty busy running around and getting things squared away. Somehow I'm still trying to get this ghillie poncho finished. Irish apparently has a ghillie suit now, and said I'll never find him. We'll see about that.

Fantastic progress. I like that belt set up.
From what we see how much a beating vehicles take over there you are probably going to eyeballs deep in repairs. Wish you the best!

That's fine. As long as I get to go on ride alongs once in a while, for testing purposes....

Ok. I think I have the belt adjustment like I want. I really like it too. M-Tac makes some nice gear. Pouches are an assortment of Ukrainian companies.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230702_234720_jpg-2871307.JPG

Left to right: Device pouch with compass/face tube scarves, double mag, single mag, dump bag, first aid kit, 750ml water bottle, grenade pouch with binoculars in it, multi tool, and gloves. I taped all the buckles and loose straps so shit doesn't move on me. Everything fits good with no interference to the plate carrier and those items. Nice laser cut MOLLE slots keep everything from flopping around. I can sit, kneel, twist, and run without restrictions.

Thanks for the run down. I’m going to steal your hard work and copy it. 😁 I like a “minimal, but enough” belt and that set up of yours looks optimal. Your layout is very similar to what I started. I imagine you put a lot of hours into refining it! Or you are a genius and did it one effort!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fisherman] [#5]
That Mosin has a scope base. Good chance it was handed out with a scope that is now missing.
Looks rusty.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

The wrong conclusion is that Russia is running out of weapons and equipment for its soldiers

The right conclusion is that Russia doesn't view the mobiks as soldiers. They're just bait to draw out the location of Ukrainian forces for artillery.

View All Quotes

You have a good point. How depressing that would be.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:28:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#7]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

More than truck frame steel, leaf spring steel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/photo_2023-07-02_16-31-25_jpg-2871275.JPG

But, shhh... Let them think some floormats will keep them safe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Claims that the HIMARS tungsten frag can pierce 4-6mm of steel yet cannot penetrate a rubber mudguard it absurd. Either the mudguard was not hit or more likely the small fragments went through the rubber mudguard without leaving a large hole due to the elasticity of the material.

We’ve seen evidence that they pierce substantially more steel than that. 8-9mm minimum.

They have gone through semi truck frame rails so, nope, I ain’t hiding behind a mudguard on purpose!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/photo_2023-07-02_16-31-25_jpg-2871275.JPG

Could also use a ~meter of shaving cream and a few layers of 9lb and 4lb foam. Have at it Ivan!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#8]
One of the recent Rooskie narratives popping up.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1822-2871283.jpg
View Quote

When I see rioters with M113s, M14s, M2 HBs and other American-sourced equipment that is relatively unique and issued in large enough amounts to Ukraine to be pilferable, I'll believe.  We left so many M16s, AT4s, M4s, M240s, M249s, Glock and S/W pistols, etc. in Iraq and Afghanistan, I highly doubt that "the juice would be worth the squeeze" in trying to source them from a country that 1) is fighting for it's existence, and 2) is on a pretty ruthless anti-corruption kick, when there are "better" and easier sources for international gun runners.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:39:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#9]
Thread unrolled about Prigorzhin getting unrolled!  Especially of interest is the observation there is no readily available food service replacement for the army!
What a bastard though to sell infested and polluted food to the troops. Such a patriot!
Yevgeny Prigozhin's business empire is rapidly being dismantled. It's lost its contract to provide (rotten, infected, adulterated) food to the Russian army, and his media empire is shutting down
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

When I see rioters with M113s, M14s, M2 HBs and other American-sourced equipment that is relatively unique and issued in large enough amounts to Ukraine to be pilferable, I'll believe.  We left so many M16s, AT4s, M4s, M240s, M249s, Glock and S/W pistols, etc. in Iraq and Afghanistan, I highly doubt that "the juice would be worth the squeeze" in trying to source them from a country that 1) is fighting for it's existence, and 2) is on a pretty ruthless anti-corruption kick, when there are "better" and easier sources for international gun runners.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Wut?!   You mean there are some Javelins and M4s that didn’t originate in Ukraine??!!!  But but GD says…
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineInvasionVideos/comments/14oklb4/ukrainian_soldiers_are_defending_their_newly/

First time I have seen a video of a handgun being used in combat. Not sure if they were actually aiming at anything or not.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]
@Prime

I hope you don't mind seeing your old medic bag turned into a mechanic bag. It really is an awesome pack and I have some tools, first aid kit, and all of my other gear in this thing. It really is perfect for what I needed. Pictures don't do it justice. There are so many pouches to stash stuff in.
Thank you

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#13]

The fact "Funding Ukraine" has more than 5% just shows the proliferation of the right also having their version of "The Current Thing" we make fun of the liberals having.

A large portion the those who say we need to focus on issues here when given the choice, want to hear more F Ukraine rhetoric.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Not wrong at all!  The crayon thing is funny as hell! Any Marine that gets offended by it isn't really a Marine in my book.
View All Quotes
Is it wrong to mail crayons to my Marine buddies when I send their helmet covers Monday?

They tried some squid jokes on me and when I asked if it was true they ate crayons they just laughed.

Not wrong at all!  The crayon thing is funny as hell! Any Marine that gets offended by it isn't really a Marine in my book.

Definetely send crayons and a sharpie so they can draw dicks on everything!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

You've "explained" plenty and I've read your posts thoroughly over the last year, so no, you do not need to "explain" anymore.  The issue is your "explanations" are severely wanting.  You also conflate the EU and NATO considerably from a policy perspective including this very post.  Also, my issue is with the electorate, not with how elections are run.  The cleanest elections mean little if the electorate is garbage.  Plenty of places in my country run clean elections with crappy results.  However, given the indicia of Orban's corruption, which I think is even more likely given that he seems to have been compromised by Russia, I'm starting to have my doubts in this respect.

Seriously, if Hungary is going to fuck with its allies to leverage a different entity then it needs to GTFO.  It has no business in NATO.  I have issues with Turkey in this respect as well, but they actually bring something crucial to the table that gives pause when considering their continued membership in the alliance, namely their geography and its strategic importance, which is why they were admitted in the first place.

If the EU is so bad for Hungary, and I actually agree that in general the EU is a bad thing (and while I understand why Ukraine wants in, I don't think it will be to their benefit, unlike being part of NATO), again, the easier solution is to leave, just like the UK did.  NATO has basically nothing to do with those EU issues.

Orban's government needs to pay the price for its behavior and sadly, deserved or not, the price will also cost the Hungarian people, but it must be done.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

Not gonna re explain it anymore. It's a long and tedious battle that in the end, Orban chose this stance because of previous EU and NATO policies that didn't benefit Hungary at all.

It's a carrot stick approach that seems to work well for Hungary and Orban.

Elections are pretty fair and is a lot better than my experience back in the states. Voter ID and proof of ID and real live time voting along with election watchers from all parties have observed and have noted no cheating.

TLDR, it's about energy policy and migrant policies that both NATO and the EU have been bi polar about but Hungary hasn't.

So far, concessions have been made for Orban in exchange for voting for Finland. Orban got the Paks II nuclear plant approved by the EU after 9 years of foot dragging and not offering alternatives.

Sweden vote and other concessions only happen after Hungary gets its EU money which is almost 3 years worth.

EU is only punishing Hungary because of its zero migrant policy stance and EU wants Hungary to take in 10k migrants every year in exchange for their funds.

You've "explained" plenty and I've read your posts thoroughly over the last year, so no, you do not need to "explain" anymore.  The issue is your "explanations" are severely wanting.  You also conflate the EU and NATO considerably from a policy perspective including this very post.  Also, my issue is with the electorate, not with how elections are run.  The cleanest elections mean little if the electorate is garbage.  Plenty of places in my country run clean elections with crappy results.  However, given the indicia of Orban's corruption, which I think is even more likely given that he seems to have been compromised by Russia, I'm starting to have my doubts in this respect.

Seriously, if Hungary is going to fuck with its allies to leverage a different entity then it needs to GTFO.  It has no business in NATO.  I have issues with Turkey in this respect as well, but they actually bring something crucial to the table that gives pause when considering their continued membership in the alliance, namely their geography and its strategic importance, which is why they were admitted in the first place.

If the EU is so bad for Hungary, and I actually agree that in general the EU is a bad thing (and while I understand why Ukraine wants in, I don't think it will be to their benefit, unlike being part of NATO), again, the easier solution is to leave, just like the UK did.  NATO has basically nothing to do with those EU issues.

Orban's government needs to pay the price for its behavior and sadly, deserved or not, the price will also cost the Hungarian people, but it must be done.

Great post and +1
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:

View All Quotes
Is it wrong to mail crayons to my Marine buddies when I send their helmet covers Monday?

They tried some squid jokes on me and when I asked if it was true they ate crayons they just laughed.

Yeah I really liked those guys. I look forward to fucking with them. Crayons will be sent tomorrow. Lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a question for the Missile SME's we have. How far/long can those damn missiles fly on their own fuel and what kind of propulsion system do they use. Im amazed they launch over the sea and then fly for like two hours it seems. I know the shaheed lil bike motors use very little gas, but those Kinzhals and others just amaze me. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:56:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#18]
Even when Patriot isn’t shooting down missiles or aircraft it is forcing them to take less accurate bombing approaches!  Nice they are feeling the same heat Ukraine pilots have had to fly in.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By anonimovaca:
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineInvasionVideos/comments/14oklb4/ukrainian_soldiers_are_defending_their_newly/

First time I have seen a video of a handgun being used in combat. Not sure if they were actually aiming at anything or not.
View Quote

There was a video in the latter half of last year in which a Ukrainian shot a Russian with a pistol after he'd pretended to surrender. I'll see if I can find it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184365/A86D180B-5F45-4906-A1FB-B12DE75CBC47-2871386.png

The fact "Funding Ukraine" has more than 5% just shows the proliferation of the right also having their version of "The Current Thing" we make fun of the liberals having.

A large portion the those who say we need to focus on issues here when given the choice, want to hear more F Ukraine rhetoric.
View Quote

The right's behavior is extremely, extremely disappointing as of late.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#21]
@Prime

I hope you don't mind seeing your old medic bag turned into a mechanic bag. It really is an awesome pack and I have some tools, first aid kit, and all of my other gear in this thing. It really is perfect for what I needed. Pictures don't do it justice. There are so many pouches to stash stuff in.
Thank you

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-07-03-00-39-04-055_com_g-2871385.JPG
View Quote

Oh brother you done went & did it now..... when your xeHa see that, she gonna snatch
it so she can store shoes in it...... texHika mashina moR joppa, dai mHe cpazy mHe Hada
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

LOL. "Yeah that's genius discovery there Dimitri, now go blanket everything we got with rubber!"

What would we call that? We have Cope Cages, would that be called Cope Covers?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
lol, more like 160,000, but whose counting?

Russians may have found a solution against HIMARS tungsten balls

Small tungsten balls penetrate 4 mm, and the large ones pierce 6 mm of metal. There are 180,000 of them in a rocket.

So the mudguards made of solid rubber are all intact, they do not pierce them, but the iron has become like a sieve. The balls cannot penetrate hard rubber.

This was noted by a Russian repairman.  

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1675439843415916544
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0Bbp80WYAMmO50?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0BbqIDWIAEplWV?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0BbppFXwAIWRAz?format=jpg&name=large

LOL. "Yeah that's genius discovery there Dimitri, now go blanket everything we got with rubber!"

What would we call that? We have Cope Cages, would that be called Cope Covers?

Condoms?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]
I have a question for the Missile SME's we have. How far/long can those damn missiles fly on their own fuel and what kind of propulsion system do they use. Im amazed they launch over the sea and then fly for like two hours it seems. I know the shaheed lil bike motors use very little gas, but those Kinzhals and others just amaze me. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Your description means your asking mostly about the cruise missiles.  Think of them as miniature jet airliners that fly at low altitude and cruise at about 600 mph.   Tomahawk can publicly go 1,000 miles at around 600 mph.  The engines are miniature turbofan essentially.

Similar idea with the Russian cruise missiles.

Kinzhal is a ballistic missile type with solid fuel and much higher speeds.  When they launched them at Kiev, they only took about 10 minutes to reach the target and their speed was reported as Mach 3.6 when the Patriots engaged.  So, they burn for a much shorter period, but are covering ground much more quickly.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Claims that the HIMARS tungsten frag can pierce 4-6mm of steel yet cannot penetrate a rubber mudguard it absurd. Either the mudguard was not hit or more likely the small fragments went through the rubber mudguard without leaving a large hole due to the elasticity of the material.

We’ve seen evidence that they pierce substantially more steel than that. 8-9mm minimum.

They have gone through semi truck frame rails so, nope, I ain’t hiding behind a mudguard on purpose!

As a now retired truck mechanic, the first time I saw a picture with HIMARS penetration like that on the leaf spring I was like "Holy Shit !!!"

Then you see pics of tungsten going through a frame rail and damaging shit on the backside. HIMARS will fuck some stuff up !!!!

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:

Oh brother you done went & did it now..... when your xeHa see that, she gonna snatch
it so she can store shoes in it...... texHika mashina moR joppa, dai mHe cpazy mHe Hada
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:
@Prime

Thank you

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-07-03-00-39-04-055_com_g-2871385.JPG

Кошмар. Что ты сказал?! Она не хочет мой рюкзак.

Она хочет я смерти орки.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#26]
The West sleeps, gazing at its navel, and wonders why it’s on fire…
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#27]
@Prime

Thank you

View Quote

How are you set for socket sets, pullers, drift punches, and hammers?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
@Prime

Thank you

I have a hammer and a few punches in there. I will pick up a socket set, torque wrench, and a few more things. They better have some tools! I'm on a budget as is. That and I need to be mobile. From what I was told it's a lot of maintenance, and some work on the turret systems. Dnipro isn't far if we need to get some things.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Looks like all the shots went WAY too high. I saw tree branches falling. Not that I want to peek over berms in Ukraine but most shooting I see on film looks like way too high harassing fire.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Even when Patriot isn’t shooting down missiles or aircraft it is forcing them to take less accurate bombing approaches!  Nice they are feeling the same heat Ukraine pilots have had to fly in.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1827-2871401.jpg
View Quote

Wait (probably for many years) for the first F16 to show up in Ukraine. It will change Russian behaviors damn quick.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Hking:
Short documentary on a Ukrainian forward area triage hospital. Its a rough watch, very graphic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_YVsyBpIDw
View Quote
That was interesting to watch. Lots of wound packing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#33]
@AlmightyTallest, thanks brother that explains alot. The technolocical leaps we have made just amaze me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
This should be the obvious, slam dunk policy of every Republican regarding Russia war in Ukraine.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1821-2871271.jpg

It should be but bidet is pro Ukraine so of course Republicans are against it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#35]
@AlmightyTallest, thanks brother that explains alot. The technolocical leaps we have made just amaze me.
View Quote

No problem man, glad to help explain things.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

It actually makes sense...that Biden would send Ukraine molotov cocktails, aluminum sign posts, and fireworks...
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Does that other guy have an m16?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#39]

I hesitate to call the EU an alliance.

In any case, what does any of that have to do with NATO or Ukraine?  They are different things and conflating them is stupid and wrong, as is harming NATO and Ukraine to try to get things out of the EU.  I have no problem with strict immigration laws and some of the other laws and policies that the EU doesn't like on the part of Hungary, Poland, and others.  You don't have to argue that with me.  But that issue has zero to do with the NATO alliance.

Also, there have been articles about Orban's likely corruption from Rightist publications for years, such as structuring ostensibly conservative programs to enrich him and his friends.  I think his authoritarian tendencies may also stem from this corrupt nature.
View Quote

Lets just agree to disagree on what may be motivating Orban/Hungary.

Can we both agree that Hungary should be doing more to help Ukraine? Can we agree that no matter if Hungary does nothing or donates 100% of their military to the UA, it will effect this conflict 0.00%.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#40]
The West sleeps, gazing at its navel, and wonders why it’s on fire…
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1828-2871429.jpg
View Quote

Pretty valid. I mean the world does care about another Chernobyl or fukushima? Right? Wouldn't that be kind of a big deal?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:

As a now retired truck mechanic, the first time I saw a picture with HIMARS penetration like that on the leaf spring I was like "Holy Shit !!!"

Then you see pics of tungsten going through a frame rail and damaging shit on the backside. HIMARS will fuck some stuff up !!!!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:

HIMARS warhead tungsten pellets are the hardcast of the shrapnel world.

I’m guessing the rubber mudguard acted like a “self healing” target.

If the orcs want to think hiding behind rubber protects them from tungsten pellets, let them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Our Orekhov Spartans launched a counterattack near Orekhov after the enemy broke into the trenches at the forefront of the Zaporozhye Front
▪️After the beginning of the enemy offensive on the Novodanilovka-Rabotino line, the militants of the Armed Forces of Ukraine managed to break into our advanced trenches, where fierce battles began to boil.
▪️After that, part of the trenches with the enemy in the field west of Rabotino was covered by artillery and ours launched a counterattack, trying to dislodge the enemy.
▪️The artillery and rifle battles continue.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Can we both agree that Hungary should be doing more to help Ukraine? Can we agree that no matter if Hungary does nothing or donates 100% of their military to the UA, it will effect this conflict 0.00%.
View All Quotes

I hesitate to call the EU an alliance.

In any case, what does any of that have to do with NATO or Ukraine?  They are different things and conflating them is stupid and wrong, as is harming NATO and Ukraine to try to get things out of the EU.  I have no problem with strict immigration laws and some of the other laws and policies that the EU doesn't like on the part of Hungary, Poland, and others.  You don't have to argue that with me.  But that issue has zero to do with the NATO alliance.

Also, there have been articles about Orban's likely corruption from Rightist publications for years, such as structuring ostensibly conservative programs to enrich him and his friends.  I think his authoritarian tendencies may also stem from this corrupt nature.

I don’t recall anyone asking Hungary to donate anything more than what they are doing. The friction is over Hungary obstructing EU/NATO aid and probably membership.

I assume the bank brooha is because Hungary is using it to pay Russia for oil/gas. Well, what does one expect during war sanctions? Ukraine lists it as a mechanism that is aiding a terrorist state. If you choose to do major business with a terrorist don’t be surprised if some of the blowback hits you too.

From Ukraine’s perspective it is understandable that every billion that goes to Russia can buy 20,000 Shahed drones. Or 100-300 Iskander missiles.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#44]
I got a few things today. Thanks guys!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230702_203312_jpg-2871078.JPG

A few different tools to add to my bag. A new headlamp that has a separate button for red light so there's no woops, and it is rechargeable. It also takes AAAs. I ordered some various heat shrink adhesive electrical connectors based on Ryan's advise, and some crimpers. A voltage tester, as an addition to my multimeter. Also picked up a triple mag pouch for my carrier, so now I have 8 mag pouches. Also got a sleeping bag. It's nothing fancy, but it's compact which is a plus at this point since I'm getting heavy.

I will try to hit the gun shop in the next couple days. Still hunting a red dot and some fore grips for the guys in my brigade.

There's also a few more tools Ryan suggested for common repairs with Humvees. It's a lot to collect, but it's better to have it before shopping becomes impossible.

The commander started requesting some documents so I'm pretty busy running around and getting things squared away. Somehow I'm still trying to get this ghillie poncho finished. Irish apparently has a ghillie suit now, and said I'll never find him. We'll see about that.
View Quote
Will you have power where you work most of the time? Let me know what your tool situation is and might be able to help.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
More what it was doing.  Was it spearheading, some sneaky'ish recon, supporting an assault, etc?
View Quote
Ah
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:45:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#46]
Wrong video.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Here we go an interview in English with a Russian medic.

Why I Joined The 'Special Military Operation' - Russian Medic Interview Uncut - Part 1

I'm just now starting part 2

Casualty Figures? Wagner Mutiny? Bureaucracy Affecting The War - Russian Medic Interview - Part 2

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I am not an expert on cultural idioms but this is funny!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184365/A86D180B-5F45-4906-A1FB-B12DE75CBC47-2871386.png

View Quote

I wonder what Glover thinks about Russia-Ukraine. I wouldn't think he'd fall for the current thing but a lot of people have abandoned reason.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#50]
If I were to start a flork thread would y'all post what you got? They are hilarious!
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4406 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top