Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4414 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By daemon734:

China has openly stated they will not directly transfer military materiel if we do not provide long range strike capability to Ukraine.

If there are any valid reservations about countering Russian LR fires, it's all going out the window once Chinese drones and missiles start flying.
View Quote

They have received long range capability from france and the uk. China isn't sending anything worth a fuck, they don't want anything analyzed by the west that might be a dud.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Deep strike missiles are cool until a single one goes over the border, then this problem gets exponentially worse.

View Quote

Yeah, they might start target apartment buildings.....

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I know we've beaten A10s for Ukraine to death, but can the cannon on them deal with Shaheds in rear areas?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Shaheds are $50,000 and have a 2,000km range from mobile launchers. So they realistically can't be taken out pre-launch. The cost effective intercept is auto cannon like the Gephard or patrolling aircraft like attack helos or fighters. Manpads ($120K) would be the next best. A2A missile get into the $400K+ range.

Even more cost effective would be to prevent Iranian shipments on the Caspian Sea or via air freight.
I know we've beaten A10s for Ukraine to death, but can the cannon on them deal with Shaheds in rear areas?

Undoubtedly, but that is kinda overkill. I suggested earlier a reusable drone armed with a pistol caliber MG  intended to patrol an area then close with targets (other drones) it detects and shoot them down, the answers I got make me think that a suicide drone with a prox-fuzed warhead may be better, just has to get close then .*boom*.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Israel to the white courtesy phone, please.
View Quote

I wonder how many times since Iran set on the course to develop nuclear weapons the US administrations have sabotaged Israel's attempts to deal with them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:36:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#5]
Oryx says there have been nine NASAMs systems delivered.  Nine.  Its a 20km system that takes two years to produce.
View All Quotes
Oryx says there have been nine NASAMs systems delivered.  Nine.  Its a 20km system that takes two years to produce.

Sounds great, we should have this all wrapped up once NASAMs start getting pumped out in any relevant quantity around 2025-2028.

So your estimate of two years minimum becomes three months and that's nothing?
Just in case you're wondering why people think you're a troll, someone who was discussing this instead of arguing it would admit it's a tiny step in the right direction, even if it's just replacement of destroyed systems.

Pretty much all transferred to Ukraine?
Wait, who was giving NASAMS again?
It's all so confusing.

https://www.apollo.lv/7807216/nato-samita-laika-spanija-parvietos-nasams-no-latvijas-uz-lietuvu
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:36:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PortaJohnPicasso] [#6]

F16's in the rear area would help but fall is an extremely ambitious timeline.
View Quote

Only because people who think like you, but in positions of power, spent months talking and whining instead of doing.  They could've had F16's already in operation
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Deep strike missiles are cool until a single one goes over the border, then this problem gets exponentially worse.

BTW, what other solutions have you provided, besides...well...providing missiles...?  

I'm genuinely curious.
View Quote

Shit has already been blown up over the border. Russia claims a lot of Ukraine as officially russia.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:37:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#8]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:38:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#9]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Isn't Russia going to pursue that regardless?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

You seem to think deep strike capability into Russia is the answer, which will most likely illicit the open transfer of drones and ballistic missiles from China, and even more from Iran.

Isn't Russia going to pursue that regardless?

I would say that support from China is looking less and less likely after Prigozhen's coup attempt and Putin's hold on power appearing increasingly tenuous.

Despite claims from some uninformed pundits that we've driven China and Russia closer together recently, from everything out there in the public, their relationship appears to be on the ice to one of the largest degrees I've seen perhaps since they started warming up significantly since 2001. That alone is a big win for the US in supporting Ukraine.

China might still offer some degree of help with things like ammo but with the way things have been trending, it does seem increasingly unlikely they're going to be willing to help with anything significant.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Or China/Iran might drop a couple thousand DF series/Qiam ballistic missiles into the mix and seal the deal on this whole party.
View Quote

Or they might not.  Fuck China
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#11]

BTW, what other solutions have you provided, besides...well...providing missiles...?  

I'm genuinely curious.
View Quote

They already go "over the border". Remember, Russia claims to have annexed the territory Ukraine is recapturing? So from Russia's perspective Ukraine is already striking Russian territory with missiles and nothing has gotten exponentially worse.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#12]
China has openly stated they will not directly transfer military materiel if we do not provide long range strike capability to Ukraine.

If there are any valid reservations about countering Russian LR fires, it's all going out the window once Chinese drones and missiles start flying.
View All Quotes

The most recent comment I have seen on the topic of arms supplies from China's foreign ministey is from April 14, 2023 (Archive)

“Regarding the export of military items, China adopts a prudent and responsible attitude,” Qin said at a news conference alongside visiting German counterpart Annalena Baerbock. “China will not provide weapons to relevant parties of the conflict, and manage and control the exports of dual-use items in accordance with laws and regulations.”

What have they said since April to indicate they are concerned with maintaining Russian advantage in long range PGMs?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:42:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#13]
Disengaging

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:43:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#14]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Undoubtedly, but that is kinda overkill. I suggested earlier a reusable drone armed with a pistol caliber MG  intended to patrol an area then close with targets (other drones) it detects and shoot them down, the answers I got make me think that a suicide drone with a prox-fuzed warhead may be better, just has to get close then .*boom*.
View Quote
I should have specified that is the targeting of the A10 accurate enough for the cannon to do A2A kills. I know the cannon would take care of the drone if hit, but is it possible to make hits on a small aerial target.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Was anything I posted wrong? You forgot to address the facts I presented.
View Quote

I would like to see you back up your claim that Gepard isn't being used to shoot down Shahed's, contrary to the many public reports that it's been doing that well.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#17]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#18]

You do realize that there were systems in production already, some delivered, and some transferred, right?  There were a handful already built at the start and a handful in production.

3 months is the orders they had already been waiting for.  The systems we gave Ukraine were ones we sent to the middle east that we recalled, and now have to replace.  Nobody said it wasn't a step in the right direction, but it is not enough fast enough to have any tangible impact.  I'm lokling at the big picture and long timeline, you are seemingly content with guessing everything is going to be ok based on data you failed to research.

You could literally do a simple search and find out all this information before making absurd posts like this.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/01/raytheon-air-defense-ukraine-middle-east-00071687

View Quote

You need to read the posts you respond to.
The Lithuanian MoD and President have both said planned delivery for those two systems is within three months.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Russia's interpretation doesn't matter, China's does.
View Quote

China isn't looking for a war with the US. China will take whatever interpretation allows them to sit it out.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Or China/Iran might drop a couple thousand DF series/Qiam ballistic missiles into the mix and seal the deal on this whole party.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

Yeah, they might start target apartment buildings.....

Opinion is not fact.

I'm not wrong

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

So, you can show us where China has said that they're all in with Russia, and will provide them ballistic missiles if Ukraine shoots long range missiles into Russia, right?  
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:49:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#22]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Was anything I posted wrong? You forgot to address the facts I presented.
View Quote

Your opinion is fact? How many patriot missiles do they have? How many are in future aid packages? How many have other countries sent? What is the rate of usage, and how fast will this deplete the stock?
You are the smartest one in the thread, I would imagine you would have no problem coming up with these numbers. Please give the numbers, everyone here understands that there is a finite number of patriot missiles, understand the choices they need to make and the difficulties involved.  
You bring nothing here that hasn't already been discussed more than once. Seriously, you think your arrival with this information is a revelation? Get real.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:51:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#24]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Oh neat, I believe I brought this up several times.  It is unsustainable and another option must be found.  That option is not going to be munitions several years in the future.

You seem to think deep strike capability into Russia is the answer, which will most likely illicit the open transfer of drones and ballistic missiles from China, and even more from Iran.

The Patriots and all TBM's are going to run out, you just seem to think it won't be as fast as it will be.
View Quote

I missed that piece of information.  What is the source and why would China do it?
I get China is asshole, but I would think that may create other financial issues for China, and the west. Or is the axis of evil going to ramp up formally?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:52:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#26]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#27]

So, you can show us where China has said that they're all in with Russia, and will provide them ballistic missiles if Ukraine shoots long range missiles into Russia, right?  
View All Quotes

He said so.  That makes it fact...  
He's not wrong.  Because he said that too.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Monkeys might fly out of your ass.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#29]
50 Cal Combat GoPro | Counter-Offensive | Part 3 - Medical Evac

Combat GoPro | MRAP Gunner Evacuates Wounded International

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:54:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PortaJohnPicasso] [#31]

First of all, the "all in" portion you added here is amusing.

However, this happened.  I'm sure it was fairly benign.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-china-hold-talks-anti-missile-defence-russian-foreign-ministry-2023-06-27/
View Quote

Anti-missile defense isn't offensive ballistic missiles.

Can you show where China has stated they will provide ballistic missiles to Russia if Ukraine shoots missiles into Russia?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#32]

So what? Exactly what does that have to do with the systems taking two years to produce?  You made the claim that this system showing up somehow proves they don't take that long, omitting the option that it could have been already produced or in the process.

It's also still an extremely small number.  You need a lot more 20KM systems to have any impact in a county the size of Ukraine, which is the point.  A lot more aren't coming for a long time.
View Quote

Ukraine doesn't need to cover the entire country with sophisticated AD. It only need to cover strategic locations, and that's what it's doing. You call the use of the Patriot in Kyiv protecting "low value" targets but you are certainly wrong about that - Kyiv airport is strategically important, as is protecting the critical command and control elements in Kyiv, including Zelensky. We DON'T see Ukraine deploying that kind of AD all over the county, not even in other major cities, so protection of civilian targets ISN'T what they're doing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:55:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#33]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#34]

So what? Exactly what does that have to do with the systems taking two years to produce?  You made the claim that this system showing up somehow proves they don't take that long, omitting the option that it could have been already produced or in the process.

It's also still an extremely small number.  You need a lot more 20KM systems to have any impact in a county the size of Ukraine, which is the point.  A lot more aren't coming for a long time.
View Quote

I'm not saying they don't take a long time to produce, that's dumb.
I'm saying that, like when Germany buys Arrow-3 and sends Patriots to Ukraine, things happen that you're not going to see coming.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

China ain't sending shit. Get over it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#36]
GROW UP
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:57:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#37]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#38]

First of all, the "all in" portion you added here is amusing.

However, this happened.  I'm sure it was fairly benign.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-china-hold-talks-anti-missile-defence-russian-foreign-ministry-2023-06-27/
View Quote

Wow, they held talks. Later, they stated they ain't sending shit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Like I said, the USG believes it.  It's almost as if there are things happening you don't know about.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

He said so.  That makes it fact...  
He's not wrong.  Because he said that too.

Like I said, the USG believes it.  It's almost as if there are things happening you don't know about.

China has not condemned the invasion, and Washington and other Western allies said earlier this year that China was considering providing weapons to Russia, something Beijing denies.

Your speculation based on a speculative Reuters article is not fact.

I'm not wrong.  Deal with it.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#40]

The post you quoted was about NASAMs, not Patriot, and I provided you the unclassified data answering your questions.  You ignored it.
View Quote

It did not have all those numbers.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I love how his post had "China denies" right in the part quoted.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:59:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#42]
Disengaging

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:01:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#43]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Lol, that's your proof they won't do it?
View Quote

Um, you're the one that said they would, and that's what YOU posted, apparently as your proof that they would.....
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

So the morons in dc are claiming something different than China has stated publicly all along? Lol. OKey dokey.
Are these the same morons who decided to use warfare against sandal wearing 60 iq insurgents as a basis for weapons stockpiles?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#46]
The USG seems to believe it is a concern, otherwise we would probably not be having this discussion.
View Quote

I have no doubt our government solemnly weighs and measures many potential and hypothetical scenarios regarding the developments within Ukraine as well as the predicted consequences thereof.

Iran is already party to the war and grossly involved. Iran supplying TBMs would be of no great surprise.
China, on the other hand, is distinctly not so. It deciding to become so would be a bold departure from their posturing held the prior 17 months. Your claim they would is striking. It begs for concretion.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:05:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#47]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

They fly 115 mph.
Cessna 172 flys 185 mph. Guy with a Thompson could take one down.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Do you research anything you post?

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/06/germany-starts-funding-israeli-arrow-3-missile-defense-system-procurement/

That is literally the problem I told you about.  I guess we will revisit this at the end of 2025 then.

View Quote

No it's not, Mr. bait-and-switch. I'm talking about NASAMS, not Patriot.

To say it for the last time, Lithuania (LT) says they have purchased two (2) (ea) NASAMS systems and expect delivery within three (3) months. That's 01OCT23.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#50]

My position is that it is credible enough that the USG believes it, because they stated as such, meaning restrictions on munitions.

I never made a position on if I agree with the restrictions, however if China sends drones and missiles it's pretty much game over.
View Quote

What intelligence have you seen that makes a news article credible? USG believed trump was colluding with russia. USG said the hunter laptop was fake.
Game over for who, by the way?
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4414 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top