Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4415 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:12:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#2]
A10s doing CAP patrols hunting Shaheds would be pretty neat.

Hell kinda makes me want to buy DCS and build that scenario.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:12:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#3]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:14:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Fair.
As a lesbian trapped in a man's body I appreciate this!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
No one is claiming **ANYONES** opinions or views are beyond reproach.  I'm just pointing out that folks that we generally tend to believe (people like ourselves assuming that you're a straight white guy) can be catastrophically wrong with the most simple and direct logical choices.  Sometimes people completely unlike ourselves (a transsexual dude to gal) can be right about specific things.  That's all!

Fair.
As a lesbian trapped in a man's body I appreciate this!!

(This is at disconnector)

Do you seriously think straight white people don’t know straight white people can be wrong? It’s also condescending and smacks of self righteousness.

This proclamation is the kind of stuff we hear from leftist activists, also using exceptions to rule a majority. Oh I know a bad straight couple and a good gay couple so therefore the ideal to adopt a child shouldn’t be straight couples.

Humans are statistical. Arguing examples of exceptions is not responsible judgement to apply to the whole.

As I said in my PM to you I have gay family members and gay folks in my life that see life normally and the only ones making these kinds of proclamations you make are woke.

Seeing this on this forum is sad. Our own kind will very well be turning us into HR.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:16:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#6]
Originally Posted By daemon734:

My position is that it is credible enough that the USG believes it, because they stated as such, meaning restrictions on munitions.

I never made a position on if I agree with the restrictions, however if China sends drones and missiles it's pretty much game over.  

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-sees-evidence-that-china-is-considering-sending-lethal-aid-to-russia/6977611.html

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-Pacific/2023/0315/China-has-weapons-to-give-Russia-an-edge-in-Ukraine-why-hasn-t-it

https://nypost.com/2023/02/04/china-has-been-fueling-russias-war-in-ukraine-customs-data-shows/
View Quote

NY post is blocked. CSM quotes two assistant professors at two different schools. VAO article has vague posturing by a biden simp. read the part where she talks about f16's. Lol. Your "proof" is bullshit. It's your opinion delivered very poorly.
Edit: Click. Streamlining the thread for me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]

So what? They purchased them prior and are donating them, and it's still only two 20KM systems.  What does that have to do with your claim that this means the 2 year timeline is false?

Bait and switch?  I responded to your claim that Arrow-3 in Germany will be causing major effects, which it may, at the end of 2025.. Its not my fault you don't research your own claims.

Here is your own quote by the way, you pulled your own bait and switch on me. It has absolutely nothing to do with NASAMs.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

No it's not, Mr. bait-and-switch. I'm talking about NASAMS, not Patriot.

To say it for the last time, Lithuania (LT) says they have purchased two (2) (ea) NASAMS systems and expect delivery within three (3) months. That's 01OCT23.

So what? They purchased them prior and are donating them, and it's still only two 20KM systems.  What does that have to do with your claim that this means the 2 year timeline is false?

Bait and switch?  I responded to your claim that Arrow-3 in Germany will be causing major effects, which it may, at the end of 2025.. Its not my fault you don't research your own claims.

Here is your own quote by the way, you pulled your own bait and switch on me. It has absolutely nothing to do with NASAMs.

I'm saying that, like when Germany buys Arrow-3 and sends Patriots to Ukraine, things happen that you're not going to see coming.

I thought I recently read that we (USA) pulled out of funding Arrow-3. Something about not being all that impressed with what we were seeing with how it was performing. It was in money trouble until the Krauts injected 5 billion into it pretty recently.

Just a vague recent memory, so I could be pretty wrong.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#8]
What we should be thinking about is training a few pilots on the F-117 and transfer 2 airframes to Ukraine. They can take those and penetrate the shit out of Russian-cntrolled airspace, maybe taking out some very important targets. Don't know what their un-refueled range is, but one of the those bomber bases would seem like a great target.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
A10s doing CAP patrols hunting Shaheds would be pretty neat.

Hell kinda makes me want to buy DCS and build that scenario.
View Quote

If we're talking gaming, I want to see the AC-130 anti-Shithead variant.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:18:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#10]
Originally Posted By FerrousDueler:
What we should be thinking about is training a few pilots on the F-117 and transfer 2 airframes to Ukraine. They can take those and penetrate the shit out of Russian-cntrolled airspace, maybe taking out some very important targets. Don't know what their un-refueled range is, but one of the those bomber bases would seem like a great target.
View Quote

uh no just send cruise missiles.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#11]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Compilation video of recent attacks on Russian artillery and vehicles hitting mines.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#13]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0I1zMiWYAIJjfj?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Why don’t the Ukrainians start making a Shaheed copy or something comprable and use them in large numbers to hit Crimea and Rostov on Don and other Russian areas? Seems like they would wear down Russian ADA and also most likely score some hits.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#14]

The important part is where we (USG) stated we believe it.
View Quote

Quote please?

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry for being part of the thread drift/purse swinging, I used ignore upon realizing sincerity is lacking.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:25:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#16]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
Well past time to:

Send someone/something downtown to massively deadline that plant/those plants…

Find ways to disrupt/corrupt the critical components…

Strike the launch sites/operators/C2 managing them…

Counter them in the field in new kinetic and non-kinetic ways…

Strengthen existing ADA/A2A capabilities…
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#18]

The problem is that there will not be any comprehensive air defense solutions for several years. 2 NASAMs do not solve that problem.

View Quote

Come on, dude.
Don't drink at work.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

That's my favorite part. He posts random google articles he only reads the headline to, which are for the most part opinion pieces, and wants meat in return. I think it was defense magazine, one of the defense oriented ones that stated the nsams were a boon to Ukraine because of all the ata missiles in europe that could be used in it. It can use most of the aim series which most places have a stock of. Those would be good at the front as well as high value target defense.
View All Quotes

Generally you round down, not specifically.

Oryx does not offer that level of granularity in my experience, but you're welcome to...you know...post your own work.

That's my favorite part. He posts random google articles he only reads the headline to, which are for the most part opinion pieces, and wants meat in return. I think it was defense magazine, one of the defense oriented ones that stated the nsams were a boon to Ukraine because of all the ata missiles in europe that could be used in it. It can use most of the aim series which most places have a stock of. Those would be good at the front as well as high value target defense.

Exactly. The stock of just the various AIM missile in western stockpiles is in the many thousands and are regularly produced. Plus the other missiles it can shoot.

At least he is off the Patriot Only Thing Can Shoot Down Shaheds narrative.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#20]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:31:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#21]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:32:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#23]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:33:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#24]

High concentrations of russian troops align with high russian troop losses.  So far, anyway.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

DPICM to the courtesy phone.

High concentrations of russian troops align with high russian troop losses.  So far, anyway.

“Amassing”???? Really?  I thought Rooskies have always had around 200K at the front. No? 180K sounds like Russia Troops Evaporating At The Front.

Maybe the previous 200K was deployed in occupied but not the front?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:34:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#25]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Israel to the white courtesy phone, please.
View Quote

Very true!  A while back there was an announcement that they have now been able to integrate the Iron dome radar and fire control with the NATO system.

Must be an ARF general in charge somewhere: get both!
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Lol, you bring up Patriot and then cry about talking about Patriot?

You also refuse to answer the questions, which you have done several times in this thread.
View All Quotes

Come on, dude.
Don't drink at work.

Lol, you bring up Patriot and then cry about talking about Patriot?

You also refuse to answer the questions, which you have done several times in this thread.

I don't answer questions that are about things I didn't say.
You're clearly not even reading the things you're responding to. Go back to where I said why Germany sent Patriots. Read it again, take your time and sound it all out, it will make sense, I promise.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#29]

They have received long range capability from france and the uk. China isn't sending anything worth a fuck, they don't want anything analyzed by the west that might be a dud.
View All Quotes

China has openly stated they will not directly transfer military materiel if we do not provide long range strike capability to Ukraine.

If there are any valid reservations about countering Russian LR fires, it's all going out the window once Chinese drones and missiles start flying.

They have received long range capability from france and the uk. China isn't sending anything worth a fuck, they don't want anything analyzed by the west that might be a dud.

Can we start a China running out of LR missiles helping Russia defeat Patriot thread?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

❗️Tomorrow Russian fighters will start storming Ukrainian positions near Antonovsky bridge❗️

The ATESH agent from the RF Armed Forces reports that a command has arrived and is preparing to storm the positions of the Ukrainian Defense Forces, which are located on the left bank of the Dnieper near the remains of the Antonovsky Bridge.

It is reported that the Russians have no motivation, but they are driven into meat assaults under various threats.

Well, we have already seen unsuccessful attempts to drive Ukrainian forces out of that area. This time will end in the same way as the previous ones - with the corpses of the invaders. This is their choice!

https://t.me/atesh_ua/1182

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:47:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#31]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#32]

There's 8 at least on this launcher alone, not mentioning how many are on the other dozen launchers. I've been flat out told multiple times by prolific posters in this thread that this absolutely does not occur.

If you are counting ROI, Iskander is about a 3:1 ratio to a Patriot, a Shahed is a 50:1.  That matters less than the fact that they have an extremely finite magazine, each Patriot used on a drone is one more Iskander that gets through once they run dry.  If you want the ROI on that, the Shahed 136's warhead is about 60lbs, an Iskander's is around 1500lbs NEW.

The real story to this just shows the overall target selection and attrition problem that got Ukraine in the mess they are in with air defense in the first place. Patriot is not something they can not afford to squander regardless of ROI.  They WILL stop being resupplied, there is no question about that.
View Quote

You should switch to decaf.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#33]

Shit has already been blown up over the border. Russia claims a lot of Ukraine as officially russia.
View All Quotes

Deep strike missiles are cool until a single one goes over the border, then this problem gets exponentially worse.

BTW, what other solutions have you provided, besides...well...providing missiles...?  

I'm genuinely curious.

Shit has already been blown up over the border. Russia claims a lot of Ukraine as officially russia.

ESCALATION!!! A tired old song. Russia is doing everything they possibly can or think they can get away with. If they had ANY unused capability they would have already thrown it in. Barefoot, sneakers, and putrid food on the front. Meat bag attacks. Mosins. Frankenmobiles. Baofeng radios and Telegram for tactical comms.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Yes, so at the end of 2025 when this happens something will happen.

Illuminating.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Pro-Russian Twitter troll "Spriter" seems to have been replaced by "Spriter Team", which is interesting timing.

https://twitter.com/SpriterTeam
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Your speculation based on a speculative Reuters article is not fact.

I'm not wrong.  Deal with it.

View All Quotes

He said so.  That makes it fact...  
He's not wrong.  Because he said that too.

Like I said, the USG believes it.  It's almost as if there are things happening you don't know about.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-china-hold-talks-anti-missile-defence-russian-foreign-ministry-2023-06-27/
China has not condemned the invasion, and Washington and other Western allies said earlier this year that China was considering providing weapons to Russia, something Beijing denies.

Your speculation based on a speculative Reuters article is not fact.

I'm not wrong.  Deal with it.

I wish a daemon was in charge of Russian army strategy. It would be epic surprise. On them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By fisherman:

They fly 115 mph.
Cessna 172 flys 185 mph. Guy with a Thompson could take one down.
View Quote
Thanks...I never claimed to be smart
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#38]

❗️Tomorrow Russian fighters will start storming Ukrainian positions near Antonovsky bridge❗️

The ATESH agent from the RF Armed Forces reports that a command has arrived and is preparing to storm the positions of the Ukrainian Defense Forces, which are located on the left bank of the Dnieper near the remains of the Antonovsky Bridge.

It is reported that the Russians have no motivation, but they are driven into meat assaults under various threats.

Well, we have already seen unsuccessful attempts to drive Ukrainian forces out of that area. This time will end in the same way as the previous ones - with the corpses of the invaders. This is their choice!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

This might get interesting.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

Why don’t the Ukrainians start making a Shaheed copy or something comprable and use them in large numbers to hit Crimea and Rostov on Don and other Russian areas? Seems like they would wear down Russian ADA and also most likely score some hits.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

Very good question.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#41]
God this is getting old.
What do you think you are accomplishing in this thread?
Do you think anyone in here has any control over anything happining in this war?
People speculate all the time, so what?
Many opinions given in here are wrong, so what?
Nothing posted in here will affect the war in any way.

You seem to have some legitimate clout in the real world, go use it. Help those people get the equipment they need.
Every time you come in here, you act like the war is already lost and Ukraine is Checkmated.
I have no idea if that is true or not, but I do like to read about the events of the day here.
I apreciate the people who post links to current events. I take opinions in here with a grain of salt.

I don't think you are a Putin ally, I don't think you are a fool. I do think you look down on posters in this thread, and I really hate the way you belittle people.

Thank you for offering your opinion on one important topic, we all get your point. At this point, either move on or offer solutions. This thread doesn't need another 5 pages of you.

You and R0N have the same attitude, it got old with him, it gets old with you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#42]

They fly 115 mph.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I know we've beaten A10s for Ukraine to death, but can the cannon on them deal with Shaheds in rear areas?

They fly 115 mph.

I have a few hours in 172s.  Never at 185 mph.  Vne and able to Vne are two different things.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#43]

The important part is where we (USG) stated we believe it.

First of all, UN-NAMED SOURCES are speculation.  They can't be taken as credible in any meaningful setting and that's a fact.

Second, the only quoted name in your sources is a deputy SOS, Wendy Sherman.  AND SHE DOES NOT SAY SHE BELIEVES CHINA WILL SEND WEAPONS.  She said she is CONCERNED.  Concern is not BELIEF and belief is more than concern.  

So when you cite sources as FACTS that are not only not facts but don't even support your premise you are in fact lying.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#46]
Disengaging
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#48]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0H5nt1WIAQ_XGl?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0H5nt5XwAIum0F?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0H5ntxWYAIstQv?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0H5ntqWAAQ-pmh?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Oddly enough, we've seen beds like that in a camp before, about 80 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Oddly enough, we've seen beds like that in a camp before, about 80 years ago.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#50]
Disengaging
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4415 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top