Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4519 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:20:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#2]
Kaliber cruise missiles Odessa area.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
lol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1SCMrwXgAIAOW6?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
If you watch the video from the train the outer end of the support is gone. That part contains a bearing and is a engineered part. Its not just a chunk of concrete.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone at Azov knows what they're doing with a camera.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
If you watch the video from the train the outer end of the support is gone. That part contains a bearing and is a engineered part. Its not just a chunk of concrete.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
lol.

Thanks for that Ben, I was a little confused on what they had actually done.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:30:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m35ben] [#7]

Thanks for that Ben, I was a little confused on what they had actually done.
View Quote
The video in the tweet I believe is from the opposite lanes. I believe it did take damage but I guess they made a ramp to get vehicles out quickly.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
If this massive Russian buildup in the khakiv region is true, it's bad news for Ukraine and Biden is a fucking fool for not sending ATACMS. And if it goes down hill for Ukraine then the blame should lay at his feet for slow rolling meaningful help
View Quote

This was an easy foreign policy move: tell Russia that every civilian target hit means one ATACMS missile delivered to Ukraine without restrictions. There is plenty of opportunity for observers to be at attack sites in Ukraine to verify the absence of military value targets, and Russia has been deliberately targeting civilian targets since the beginning. Maybe if this had been done early, Biden could have saved Ukrainian civilians lives. But it's just one more failure.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MNGearhead:

I think this was discussed a couple thousand pages back.
The US was testing this, but at some point the AI determined that the humans running the test were interfering with its mission and attempted to take them out too.

View Quote

The miliary claims this was misreported and wasn't actually a test or even a simulated test, but a thought experiment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-65789916
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#13]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1SPiJ2agAAkQPa?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

@jafrush
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

This was an easy foreign policy move: tell Russia that every civilian target hit means one ATACMS missile delivered to Ukraine without restrictions. There is plenty of opportunity for observers to be at attack sites in Ukraine to verify the absence of military value targets, and Russia has been deliberately targeting civilian targets since the beginning. Maybe if this had been done early, Biden could have saved Ukrainian civilians lives. But it's just one more failure.
View All Quotes
If this massive Russian buildup in the khakiv region is true, it's bad news for Ukraine and Biden is a fucking fool for not sending ATACMS. And if it goes down hill for Ukraine then the blame should lay at his feet for slow rolling meaningful help

We don’t have that many ATACMS missiles to give!
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:09:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#15]

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

Yeah, there is that...
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

I hope no Russians find out where i live... :o  They know what side i'm on.

So far i've donated a week at my beach house to a buddy who runs medical supplies into Ukraine and also does combat medic training, he got well over a grand for it for supplies, donated hundreds 50-100 at a time to pretty much every group i come across, and i just went to a fundraise where i "won" (overpaid for) a "cigar tasting" from a local shop...

If anyone wants to go to Murrells Inlet, SC for a week August 5-12th i can arrange that for a decent donation to a legit fundraiser for Ukraine.  It's currently not booked.  A pic from the porch.  Good scuba diving and fishing charters 8 minutes away...https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319364/SunrisePearl-2889753.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

What?  Whoa means stop... what'd i do?

You got a baller profile pic!  What, are we not going to talk about that?

I hope no Russians find out where i live... :o  They know what side i'm on.

So far i've donated a week at my beach house to a buddy who runs medical supplies into Ukraine and also does combat medic training, he got well over a grand for it for supplies, donated hundreds 50-100 at a time to pretty much every group i come across, and i just went to a fundraise where i "won" (overpaid for) a "cigar tasting" from a local shop...

If anyone wants to go to Murrells Inlet, SC for a week August 5-12th i can arrange that for a decent donation to a legit fundraiser for Ukraine.  It's currently not booked.  A pic from the porch.  Good scuba diving and fishing charters 8 minutes away...https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319364/SunrisePearl-2889753.jpg

Stupendous job 1969iggy!

It's always the quiet ones, like AlmightyTallest said...

Silent-but deadly.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised if this is where the drones that hit the beach were launched from. Or Putin spazzing out trying to take out some grain elevators and infrastructure.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

He will have to live with that too, he will be remembered forever for it also.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I don't know what could reach the admin honestly... they're so well protected from scrutiny, maybe a nation-state like England trumpeting the message loud and clear publicly would make an impression? This admin simply ignores things it doesn't want to deal with-and they get away with it for the most part.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Goodbye Ukraine-Russo war thread. I've made a big mistake in trusting some people, trying to help them, and allowing manipulation to occur for too long. It's taken a piece of me and hurts deeply. We have enough real problems to deal with and there are those that I love and care about that must come first.

There's no point in dragging people through the mud. If that is the level these people want to go to, they can go there alone. My conscience is clear, I have many new brothers to look after, and no one will ever shame me for caring enough to try and help.

Слава Україні
View Quote

You have added a lot of insight in this thread . Don’t let a couple of bad apples keep you from posting . You have a lot more friends in this thread than you probably are aware of . Best wishes to you and your family sir .
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#23]
KERCH BRIDGE ON FIRE - YOUR DEFENSE IS TERRIFIED - REMIX
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Who is Leo?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Goodbye Ukraine-Russo war thread. I've made a big mistake in trusting some people, trying to help them, and allowing manipulation to occur for too long. It's taken a piece of me and hurts deeply. We have enough real problems to deal with and there are those that I love and care about that must come first.

There's no point in dragging people through the mud. If that is the level these people want to go to, they can go there alone. My conscience is clear, I have many new brothers to look after, and no one will ever shame me for caring enough to try and help.

Слава Україні

You’re a better man than me Easterner. I think the guys want and should know.

Leo fucked him since he went to go fight. And has continued ghosting him and topped the icing on the prick cake very recently when he ignored requests to verify that easterner had been volunteering for the war effort….AND the guy held back on making him an OFFICIAL volunteer throughout his tenure… well, volunteering.

Despite this, easterner volunteered his brains out for the cause. Easterner IS, after all, a mature adult-not akin to drama and making drama…. (And this little dweeb took advantage of his stoicism).

I held my tongue, since everything donated to him helps Ukraine even if he’s a dick. But his last move hurts Ukraine by holding Easterner back from moving forward.

So, safeties off.

I appreciate the info. Will act accordingly. The generosity many extended was due primarily through Easterner’s VOLUNTARY efforts to educate us and share his personal info.  That builds TRUST which is important when sending funds or gear overseas. Trust is earned through time and effort.

Who is Leo?

@Capta

When Easterner originally was volunteering aid to the troops he was helping collect needed items and then working with a younger man, Leo, and a woman they would drive a van up to a UA unit and drop off the collected supplies and gear. Then folks here wanted to help Easterner’s efforts so we started sending gear and transferring money. The money was going to Leo’s account. This went on for months with Easterner posting photos of the supplies bought and collected and some of the deliveries, including accessories for Predator hero’s new AR15.

More recently when Easterner signed up to serve in a combat unit and went to training he helped Leo set up the Garrison account here (Garrison being their little team’s name).  But then Leo apparently got offended by Easterner leaving to fight with a different unit and quit talking to and helping him. Some guys continued sending money and gear to Leo/Garrison and some redirected their contributions directly to Easterner.

Easterner eventually dropped out of that first unit as he thought he might slow them down. He went back to making more cami nets to send to gifts fighting. He also applied to a new unit and met Irish and a Brit whose name escapes me now. Today we learn that apparently in the background check process Leo disavowed that Easterner ever did volunteer work with him. Sounds like that caused complications for Easterner and thus his message today.

Easterner always has been and remains a stand up man determined to serve his new homeland.

Please correct any errors I might have made, those who know.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Propaganda Hardpoints - Limitations of Russian Misinformation Due to Atlantic Resolve
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:

The miliary claims this was misreported and wasn't actually a test or even a simulated test, but a thought experiment.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:
Originally Posted By MNGearhead:

I think this was discussed a couple thousand pages back.
The US was testing this, but at some point the AI determined that the humans running the test were interfering with its mission and attempted to take them out too.

I stand corrected.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:17:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#28]
Deleted
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#29]
17 Jul: NICE! Ukrainians INCAPACITATED THE RUSSIAN ARMY IN 1 MOVE | War in Ukraine Explained
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Fuck it. Light is the answer to darkness.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#31]

Pretty darn good summary.

Inconsequential additions: Eastener was ghosted upon leaving Garison for legion where he met Irish & company. There wasn’t another volunteer unit in the mix.

Easterner sent them Leo/Garison donations even after getting ghosted. Leo backed out on sending promised camo gear to easterner (for use in his new mil occupation).

The girl is Leo’s girlfriend and I think was generally a good force but some recent behavior has demonstrated otherwise.

I would really love to @ Leo and hear his explanation for why he’s done either of these two things (ghost easterner and then further ghost mil units asking if eastener had in fact been a volunteer, AND why he never made easterner an official volunteer-so that’s three). He’d probably just stop posting.
View All Quotes

Слава Україні

Leo fucked him since he went to go fight. And has continued ghosting him and topped the icing on the prick cake very recently when he ignored requests to verify that easterner had been volunteering for the war effort….AND the guy held back on making him an OFFICIAL volunteer throughout his tenure… well, volunteering.

Despite this, easterner volunteered his brains out for the cause. Easterner IS, after all, a mature adult-not akin to drama and making drama…. (And this little dweeb took advantage of his stoicism).

I held my tongue, since everything donated to him helps Ukraine even if he’s a dick. But his last move hurts Ukraine by holding Easterner back from moving forward.

So, safeties off.

I appreciate the info. Will act accordingly. The generosity many extended was due primarily through Easterner’s VOLUNTARY efforts to educate us and share his personal info.  That builds TRUST which is important when sending funds or gear overseas. Trust is earned through time and effort.

Who is Leo?

@Capta

When Easterner originally was volunteering aid to the troops he was helping collect needed items and then working with a younger man, Leo, and a woman they would drive a van up to a UA unit and drop off the collected supplies and gear. Then folks here wanted to help Easterner’s efforts so we started sending gear and transferring money. The money was going to Leo’s account. This went on for months with Easterner posting photos of the supplies bought and collected and some of the deliveries, including accessories for Predator hero’s new AR15.

More recently when Easterner signed up to serve in a combat unit and went to training he helped Leo set up the Garrison account here (Garrison being their little team’s name).  But then Leo apparently got offended by Easterner leaving to fight with a different unit and quit talking to and helping him. Some guys continued sending money and gear to Leo/Garrison and some redirected their contributions directly to Easterner.

Easterner eventually dropped out of that first unit as he thought he might slow them down. He went back to making more cami nets to send to gifts fighting. He also applied to a new unit and met Irish and a Brit whose name escapes me now. Today we learn that apparently in the background check process Leo disavowed that Easterner ever did volunteer work with him. Sounds like that caused complications for Easterner and thus his message today.

Easterner always has been and remains a stand up man determined to serve his new homeland.

Pretty darn good summary.

Inconsequential additions: Eastener was ghosted upon leaving Garison for legion where he met Irish & company. There wasn’t another volunteer unit in the mix.

Easterner sent them Leo/Garison donations even after getting ghosted. Leo backed out on sending promised camo gear to easterner (for use in his new mil occupation).

The girl is Leo’s girlfriend and I think was generally a good force but some recent behavior has demonstrated otherwise.

I would really love to @ Leo and hear his explanation for why he’s done either of these two things (ghost easterner and then further ghost mil units asking if eastener had in fact been a volunteer, AND why he never made easterner an official volunteer-so that’s three). He’d probably just stop posting.

Thanks for the corrections!  A sad story but men like Easterner rise above it and will be a great service to his country.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Truth
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Videos. Flex seal…aaaand…send it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:40:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#34]
Deleted
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:43:23 AM EDT
[#35]
"Currently, the enemy is searching for weaknesses in our defense, actively conducting assault operations in the areas of the settlements of Masyutovka, Novoselivske in order to force our units beyond the barrier line of the Oskil River," Maliar said.

She noted that the Russians face two tasks: to regain lost positions and force Ukraine to transfer reserves there from other directions.

"Our troops are on the defensive, putting up strong resistance. The situation is complicated. Now there are hot battles," Maliar said.

https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-ato/3736650-na-bahmutskomu-napramku-sili-oboroni-za-tizden-zvilnili-7-kvadratnih-kilometriv-malar.html

Two claims from Russian sources that Russians have taken Novoselivske.

https://t.me/voenkorKotenok/49254
https://t.me/dva_majors/21472

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I need a Spigot for my Tacoma roof rack.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AuNate:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is where the drones that hit the beach were launched from. Or Putin spazzing out trying to take out some grain elevators and infrastructure.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AuNate:

Russian reports on Reddit say a isklaner hit the commercial port in Odessa.  That port is used in the grain deals, so option 2 I guess.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#38]

@Capta

View All Quotes

Слава Україні

So, safeties off.

Who is Leo?

@Capta

Sometimes people’s behavior just can’t be explained.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#39]

@Capta

View All Quotes

Слава Україні

So, safeties off.

Who is Leo?

@Capta

Son of a bitch. Had a lot of family medical issues to deal with the last three weeks so haven’t really been able to keep up. Hate seeing Easterner get treated like this.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:51:34 AM EDT
[#40]
1k ATACMS could change the war and push Russia out of Ukraine

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Yea you do! "Sir you Ogive needs repainting to pass inspection..."
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:00:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Слава Україні
View Quote

I've only been able to catch back up on this thread today, as things keep developing.

I'm sorry you got put through all this garbage, and I only wish you the best as you fight for your new homeland.  We will still be here if you need anything.

Survive and prevail!
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:10:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Overnight, 21 attack UAVs were destroyed in the Odesa region
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:13:38 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Not Solovyov yet, but how about Skabeeva?
View Quote

Let's hope no one pays her any heed...
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:20:45 AM EDT
[#46]

@Capta

When Easterner originally was volunteering aid to the troops he was helping collect needed items and then working with a younger man, Leo, and a woman they would drive a van up to a UA unit and drop off the collected supplies and gear. Then folks here wanted to help Easterner's efforts so we started sending gear and transferring money. The money was going to Leo's account. This went on for months with Easterner posting photos of the supplies bought and collected and some of the deliveries, including accessories for Predator hero's new AR15.

More recently when Easterner signed up to serve in a combat unit and went to training he helped Leo set up the Garrison account here (Garrison being their little team's name).  But then Leo apparently got offended by Easterner leaving to fight with a different unit and quit talking to and helping him. Some guys continued sending money and gear to Leo/Garrison and some redirected their contributions directly to Easterner.

View Quote
That's an extremely shitty thing to do.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:21:16 AM EDT
[#47]
It looks to me like the belt is feeding into the gun at an angle (look at 3:13 in the vid).
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:28:52 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:40:25 AM EDT
[#49]
lol.

View Quote

Not like anyone is gonna sue them if it goes to shit while they're driving across it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:44:50 AM EDT
[#50]
I made other mistakes too. I asked someone here to share what I wanted shared. As I sit here going through background checks it seems like the right time to do a call out in this thread? I do not have time to do this right now, horrible timing.

I told my "confidant" it was going to work out without their help. Just let it go for a few days.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4519 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top