Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4521 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

I don't know what could reach the admin honestly... they're so well protected from scrutiny, maybe a nation-state like England trumpeting the message loud and clear publicly would make an impression? This admin simply ignores things it doesn't want to deal with-and they get away with it for the most part.
View Quote

And supposedly Xiden is VERY popular in Ukraine with them naming roads and shit after him. I suspect that after the war when the average Ukrainian learns what Xiden could have done and given to save thousands of lives, there will be a lot of roads renamed. Sure, the USA has given a lot, more than anyone, but we have/had the opportunity to do SO much more. The USA is the ONLY ONE to be able to give enough aid to force Russia the fuck out or at least beg for negotiations much earlier. But here we/they are with probing infantry attacks, artillery dues, and zerg rushing HMMV attacks using semi-auto M2's...
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 4q2:

You have added a lot of insight in this thread . Don’t let a couple of bad apples keep you from posting . You have a lot more friends in this thread than you probably are aware of . Best wishes to you and your family sir .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4q2:
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Goodbye Ukraine-Russo war thread. I've made a big mistake in trusting some people, trying to help them, and allowing manipulation to occur for too long. It's taken a piece of me and hurts deeply. We have enough real problems to deal with and there are those that I love and care about that must come first.

There's no point in dragging people through the mud. If that is the level these people want to go to, they can go there alone. My conscience is clear, I have many new brothers to look after, and no one will ever shame me for caring enough to try and help.

Слава Україні

You have added a lot of insight in this thread . Don’t let a couple of bad apples keep you from posting . You have a lot more friends in this thread than you probably are aware of . Best wishes to you and your family sir .

Can someone repost the link to his website? Let's pump up those numbers to Easterner.

Fuck Leo!
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

@Capta

When Easterner originally was volunteering aid to the troops he was helping collect needed items and then working with a younger man, Leo, and a woman they would drive a van up to a UA unit and drop off the collected supplies and gear. Then folks here wanted to help Easterner’s efforts so we started sending gear and transferring money. The money was going to Leo’s account. This went on for months with Easterner posting photos of the supplies bought and collected and some of the deliveries, including accessories for Predator hero’s new AR15.

More recently when Easterner signed up to serve in a combat unit and went to training he helped Leo set up the Garrison account here (Garrison being their little team’s name).  But then Leo apparently got offended by Easterner leaving to fight with a different unit and quit talking to and helping him. Some guys continued sending money and gear to Leo/Garrison and some redirected their contributions directly to Easterner.

Easterner eventually dropped out of that first unit as he thought he might slow them down. He went back to making more cami nets to send to gifts fighting. He also applied to a new unit and met Irish and a Brit whose name escapes me now. Today we learn that apparently in the background check process Leo disavowed that Easterner ever did volunteer work with him. Sounds like that caused complications for Easterner and thus his message today.

Easterner always has been and remains a stand up man determined to serve his new homeland.

Please correct any errors I might have made, those who know.
View Quote

Thank you for that update and explanation.
Whenever $$$ gets involved, relationships and partnerships get strained.
Reminds me of when my mom (or I) helped certain family members in Europe financially and the other family members went crazy, some haven't talked since. You cannot help everyone and must pick and choose sometimes at the risk of pissing off others.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
1k ATACMS could change the war and push Russia out of Ukraine

View Quote

Probably a few dozen. Once shit started blowing up, Russia would have to move logs back.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:34:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I made other mistakes too. I asked someone here to share what I wanted shared. As I sit here going through background checks it seems like the right time to do a call out in this thread? I do not have time to do this right now, horrible timing.

I told my "confidant" it was going to work out without their help. Just let it go for a few days.
View Quote
Glad to see you back
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

RE: the "Scream" parody. Anybody who has ever vacationed somewhere where Russians wanted to vacation themselves, know that this isn't just a artistic interpretation, it's a documentary-grade FACT.

Imagine "People of WalMart", except they all speak English backwards. And all of the men look like sunburnt pigs wearing speedos.

View All Quotes

That is a disturbing image! Now I need brain bleach!

This will help but it's NSFW

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:42:36 AM EDT
[#8]
ок. Good luck. thanks all who helps.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

I suggest you just walk away. Log out.

Easterner tried to take the high road with this and not bring the full details of your dispute public. He is also one of ours (Arfcom's) and we do support our own.

You have few (if any) friends left here. Many of us might like and support your country's overall cause, but you personally have burned a bridge.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fund_GARISSON:

so what????
I wrote on top! what do you say to that??? Who's the dick out there? stick your tongue out of your ass

I suggest you just walk away. Log out.

Easterner tried to take the high road with this and not bring the full details of your dispute public. He is also one of ours (Arfcom's) and we do support our own.

You have few (if any) friends left here. Many of us might like and support your country's overall cause, but you personally have burned a bridge.

This. All fucking day long. This.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1TDjI-aUAA5q0m?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1THEZhaIAAz54S?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Those sea-drones have a very WWII Italian mini-sub vibe. If/when they get all the bugs worked out, the world will change for Russia and maybe for a lot of other Navy folks also.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:56:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#11]

I dont know who is right or wrong in this situation, (no way to know who to believe so I believe all sides for now) nor does it matter what I think. I hope you folks get it sorted out or agree to part ways and work for Ukraine's victory separately.  

I wish I could be there to help personally. I'm sure I am not alone in this regard.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I guess we know where that idiot who drops rounds backwards ended up...
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:02:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jozsi] [#13]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Reminds me of when my mom (or I) helped certain family members in Europe financially and the other family members went crazy, some haven't talked since. You cannot help everyone and must pick and choose sometimes at the risk of pissing off others.
View All Quotes

@Capta

When Easterner originally was volunteering aid to the troops he was helping collect needed items and then working with a younger man, Leo, and a woman they would drive a van up to a UA unit and drop off the collected supplies and gear. Then folks here wanted to help Easterner’s efforts so we started sending gear and transferring money. The money was going to Leo’s account. This went on for months with Easterner posting photos of the supplies bought and collected and some of the deliveries, including accessories for Predator hero’s new AR15.

More recently when Easterner signed up to serve in a combat unit and went to training he helped Leo set up the Garrison account here (Garrison being their little team’s name).  But then Leo apparently got offended by Easterner leaving to fight with a different unit and quit talking to and helping him. Some guys continued sending money and gear to Leo/Garrison and some redirected their contributions directly to Easterner.

Easterner eventually dropped out of that first unit as he thought he might slow them down. He went back to making more cami nets to send to gifts fighting. He also applied to a new unit and met Irish and a Brit whose name escapes me now. Today we learn that apparently in the background check process Leo disavowed that Easterner ever did volunteer work with him. Sounds like that caused complications for Easterner and thus his message today.

Easterner always has been and remains a stand up man determined to serve his new homeland.

Completely normal in Hungary.

I myself don't talk to members of my dads family due to money.

Dad gave money to his sister for years during the commie times.

Then when my dad cut it down a bit, sister got mad and spread a lot of lies about my dad.

It poisoned a lot of relationships.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#14]
#3.  Bring her to me
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Those sea-drones have a very WWII Italian mini-sub vibe. If/when they get all the bugs worked out, the world will change for Russia and maybe for a lot of other Navy folks also.
View Quote

I had not thought of that comparison. Very appropriate.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Wonder if they hired cartel guys to work on em.
A mutually benificial brainshare.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I know there are always 2 sides to a story and relationships are complicated, but Easterner was purposely vague and didn't come out naming names even though it's obviously personal to him. Not a fan of him getting his name and personal conversations being put out for everyone to see by a guy who literally would just pop in every once in a while and say "we need money". I'm sure Leo is in a spot none of us would ever wish to be in but there are still ways to go about it. Talk to him man to man and not this teenage shit. Don't type paragraphs about him (easterner) in front of the entire world when it would take 1/10 of the words to hash it out privately
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

View Quote

Some were better than others but all are appreciated...
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

Completely normal in Hungary.

I myself don't talk to members of my dads family due to money.

Dad gave money to his sister for years during the commie times.

Then when my dad cut it down a bit, sister got mad and spread a lot of lies about my dad.

It poisoned a lot of relationships.
View Quote

Yeah I think it is very common.
I get the impression that the feud between Easterner and Garrison may be more complicated than money.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
I don't know shit about the failure mode of mortars but looking at the slowmo and the jet of flame, I'd have to guess dumbass dropped it in the tube pointy end first.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By vahog:

I had not thought of that comparison. Very appropriate.
View Quote

I haven't seen a WWII mini-sub picture in years but that is what I immediately thought of. Luckily these new ones dont need a "brave" volunteer.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

Wonder if they hired cartel guys to work on em.
A mutually benificial brainshare.
View Quote

I'm sure the cartel guys would agree to get their subs as far as maybe Marselles...the UA will have to move them from there, once unloaded...
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

I wondered when this would become known.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1QNvkoWYAImrav?format=jpg&name=900x900

I wondered when this would become known.

It does sort of explain the requirement for DPICM while those Ukrainian forces are on the defensive.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Hopefully the war is going better than what this train wreck of a virtue signaling thread has become.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#25]

I haven't seen a WWII mini-sub picture in years but that is what I immediately thought of. Luckily these new ones dont need a "brave" volunteer.
View Quote

I should have, too. My wife once did an illustration for a magazine of two Italian frogmen on their "Chariot."

I've never watched that movie "Cockleshell Heroes." Maybe next rainy day.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

lol, everyone needs some humor to start their day.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:51:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#30]
{Personal info removed - Z}

View Quote

Well, that certainly explained it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Apologies if this is a dupe.
How could it not be.

And on a related note.
View Quote

I laughed.  Attendance at that concert looked rather sparse.  But those two cuties in WW2 uniforms, I would’ve definitely tried to get their numbers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:10:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#33]
ок. Good luck. thanks all who helps.
View Quote

Send a Humvee mechanic and weapons armorer to my brigade. They are going to need one since I can't get this letter saying I worked with you guys.

I'm trying to fight for Ukraine for over 17 months. I have a brigade waiting for me. Everything is done. Let our differences go to the side and let me fight!

@Fund_GARISSON

This is an example of what is needed:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Good times.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1Pwdk5XgAEp0Mt?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Is that “the sunroof video?”
That was one of the first viral drone drop videos, and I remember people arguing over whether it was faked or not.
Since then we’ve probably seen at least 20,000 Russians killed by drones and many more wounded.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

“That’s great! Since you state Ukraine has territorial sovereignty they agree to stop their fighting once Russia pulls out! Thanks for supporting Ukraine and this negotiation!”
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh boy, another day of Glenn Beck hand wringing about Ukraine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/wzzBl72.jpg

MT-LB armed with S-60 57mm AA gun
View Quote

Is that a cope cabana?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Is that a cope cabana?
View All Quotes

Is that a cope cabana?
Meanwhile in Ukraine:

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:24:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]
Regarding that Russian Lancet drone factory posted earlier, it's been Geo located.

https://twitter.com/GwarWorin/status/1680599582856605699
"Two hundred thousand are already ready, another million are on the way" (C).

"A quote from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones fits perfectly with the scale of production of the Lancet kamikaze drones. According to the creator of the "Lancets" Alexander Zakharov, he needed a segway to go around all the production shops."

From a Russian mill blogger TG channel.
Cant make this shit up 🤣
Then proceeds top show the same room with 3 pictures with 30-40 lancets in final assembly.
View Quote

https://twitter.com/GwarWorin/status/1680601732697432068

Meanwhile their soldiers on brigade level beg the Russian public for FPV drones and get almost none.
A Lancet might cost 20 k USD and wont lie ,, its probably one of their most successful weapons since its western copy with western chipsets.
Lancet utilizes the Jetson TX2 module by NVIDIA as its onboard control equipment and the Xilinx Zynq SoC module by Xilinx, an American company owned by AMD, for implementing programmable logic.
View Quote

https://uaposition.com/main/analysis-opinion/hacking-the-lancet-ways-to-defend-against-a-russian-drone/

https://en.newizv.ru/news/2023-01-18/the-entertainment-is-over-izhevsk-is-converting-a-shopping-center-into-a-drone-assembly-plant-394119
In Izhevsk, a shopping center is being converted into a drone assembly plant
Residents of Izhevsk demand not to turn them into potential targets for strikes. A shopping and entertainment center in the middle of a residential area will be converted into a conveyor assembly of drones. Tenants have already received eviction notices.People and local businesses cannot explain the nonsense with the "secret factory".
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

Haven't they already used some T-34-85 tanks?  Perhaps provided to LPR/DPR forces?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Originally Posted By Frost7:

Are those kills? If so, holy shit, that tank count.

Russians really didn't learn anything from their failroad WW2 tank strategies, did they? "Have more replacements than you have bad ideas" is a hell of a way to conduct combat operations.

Those are the numbers from the Ukrainian MOD, so they're likely a little inflated in some ways. However, the Russians have been visually confirmed to have lost over 2,000 tanks, so the actual number of tank losses may be pretty close to that ~ 4,000 number. The fact that they've pulled T62s and T55s out of storage and sent them to Ukraine should indicate that they've taken massive losses. I really want to see a T34 in action in 2023... Soon, hopefully.

Haven't they already used some T-34-85 tanks?  Perhaps provided to LPR/DPR forces?

No.  Back in 2014 some “separatists” pulled an IS-3 off a monument snd got it running.  It used for a while then recaptured.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By CS223:
I don't know shit about the failure mode of mortars but looking at the slowmo and the jet of flame, I'd have to guess dumbass dropped it in the tube pointy end first.
View Quote

That was my thought also.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Fuuuuuuuuuck, Russia is copying Ukraine's elite tractor brigades.

This turns the whole war on it's head!
View All Quotes
Second army counter offensive, a brand new, never seen before IFV appeared.

Damn, UA is fucked if they don't stop this beast.

Fuuuuuuuuuck, Russia is copying Ukraine's elite tractor brigades.

This turns the whole war on it's head!

Comments say it’s actually Ukrainian.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Dammit they cut before getting to the cute ones.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Oh boy, another day of Glenn Beck hand wringing about Ukraine.
View Quote

I can't listen to him without picturing him with his hair in curlers and clutching his robe with one hand like the nag mom in Goodfellas
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:

Is that a cope cabana?
Meanwhile in Ukraine:
https://preview.redd.it/they-are-just-straight-up-making-waffentragers-now-v0-mx918derrecb1.png?auto=webp&s=56884846eb6dc9720e2566776be20609481f5c2b

I’m down with the MTLB tank destroyers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I wonder if this is in any way connected to the alleged non-delivery of Su-34s to Iran?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:56:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#47]
View All Quotes

I guess this mobik made it to the field!
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#48]

No.  Back in 2014 some “separatists” pulled an IS-3 off a monument snd got it running.  It used for a while then recaptured.
View Quote

The funny thing was they wrote "To Kyiv" on the tank and it did end up in Kyiv after being captured by UA forces.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#49]
I can post a photo of website sales from last year and this. In case anyone wonders, I haven't worked in America for over 18 months. Working as a commercial superintendent I easily made $2000/week + expenses. Last year I believe my sales (not profit) were $2100/year. So safe to say I took a big financial hit staying here to fight.

As a carpenter by trade my mentor never blamed me for taking knowledge and applying it to supporting myself and family. I can be attempted to be shamed for sending 9 helmet covers I made in a couple days to America with some patches. My family comes first. Until someone else steps up to support my woman and her daughter, you can STFU about that.

I do have dozens of communications with various recruiters, brigades, and battalions. The commissar was happy  to look and see my efforts to join were continuous despite not being a combat veteran. I have not given up the effort to fight for Ukraine. It's actually how I found a group to volunteer with, searching for any way to join the fight. With that knowledge I have made covers for many new brothers. Many other foreigners that don't have an organization looking out for them. I thank the many members here that stepped up to help.
View Quote

Easterner you have nothing to prove to us who have followed your efforts. We back you 100%. Let us know when we can help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

I don't recall, was Easterner himself in any of the photos that he sent? If so it would be fairly easy to prove that he has been volunteering. This thread could establish a timeline.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Goodbye Ukraine-Russo war thread. I've made a big mistake in trusting some people, trying to help them, and allowing manipulation to occur for too long. It's taken a piece of me and hurts deeply. We have enough real problems to deal with and there are those that I love and care about that must come first.

There's no point in dragging people through the mud. If that is the level these people want to go to, they can go there alone. My conscience is clear, I have many new brothers to look after, and no one will ever shame me for caring enough to try and help.

Слава Україні

You’re a better man than me Easterner. I think the guys want and should know.

Leo fucked him since he went to go fight. And has continued ghosting him and topped the icing on the prick cake very recently when he ignored requests to verify that easterner had been volunteering for the war effort….AND the guy held back on making him an OFFICIAL volunteer throughout his tenure… well, volunteering.

Despite this, easterner volunteered his brains out for the cause. Easterner IS, after all, a mature adult-not akin to drama and making drama…. (And this little dweeb took advantage of his stoicism).

I held my tongue, since everything donated to him helps Ukraine even if he’s a dick. But his last move hurts Ukraine by holding Easterner back from moving forward.

So, safeties off.

I appreciate the info. Will act accordingly. The generosity many extended was due primarily through Easterner’s VOLUNTARY efforts to educate us and share his personal info.  That builds TRUST which is important when sending funds or gear overseas. Trust is earned through time and effort.

Who is Leo?

@Capta

I don't recall, was Easterner himself in any of the photos that he sent? If so it would be fairly easy to prove that he has been volunteering. This thread could establish a timeline.

Yes he was in several. Sounds like he was able to verify his volunteering by other means.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4521 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top