Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4602 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ridinshotgun:

OHHHHH some good old fashion african bush wars!  Make mercs great again!
View Quote

Put me back in coach. I'm ready for round 2.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:20:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#2]
Dp deleted
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mac130:

These feel like test runs for a bigger event
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By Prime:
Consequences of the UAV arrival in the Moscow City area. According to eyewitnesses, the drone hit the same tower as a few days ago - only a few floors higher. During the attack, the facade of a high-rise building on the 21st floor was damaged. First of all, there are no casualties. Emergency services are on site.
https://t.me/breakingmash/46478

MOSCOW, Aug 1 - RIA Novosti. Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said that after the attack of Ukrainian drones on Moscow City, the glazing of an area of 150 square meters was broken, there is no information about the victims.
Earlier, Sobyanin said that several drones were shot down by air defense systems while trying to fly to the capital, but one flew to the tower in Moscow City, as a result of which the façade at the level of the 21st floor was damaged.

https://ria.ru/20230801/osteklenie-1887499724.html

Vnukovo Airport has resumed normal operation, according to emergency services.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/Vnukovo_PNG-2904365.png
https://t.me/tass_agency/203460
https://tass.ru/obschestvo/18417295

Well, certainly not an accident, Ukraine has proven it can use these drones to strike the same building on two consecutive days now in the heart of Moscow with multiple S-400 and Pantsir air defense systems unable to be effective.

I believe you are right.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]

I believe you are right.
View All Quotes
Consequences of the UAV arrival in the Moscow City area. According to eyewitnesses, the drone hit the same tower as a few days ago - only a few floors higher. During the attack, the facade of a high-rise building on the 21st floor was damaged. First of all, there are no casualties. Emergency services are on site.
https://t.me/breakingmash/46478

MOSCOW, Aug 1 - RIA Novosti. Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said that after the attack of Ukrainian drones on Moscow City, the glazing of an area of 150 square meters was broken, there is no information about the victims.
Earlier, Sobyanin said that several drones were shot down by air defense systems while trying to fly to the capital, but one flew to the tower in Moscow City, as a result of which the fa ade at the level of the 21st floor was damaged.

https://ria.ru/20230801/osteklenie-1887499724.html

Vnukovo Airport has resumed normal operation, according to emergency services.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/Vnukovo_PNG-2904365.png
https://t.me/tass_agency/203460
https://tass.ru/obschestvo/18417295

Well, certainly not an accident, Ukraine has proven it can use these drones to strike the same building on two consecutive days now in the heart of Moscow with multiple S-400 and Pantsir air defense systems unable to be effective.

I believe you are right.

I'm guessing a Kansas City Shuffle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

There is probably a lot of incentive to not bring them back as well. If your guys are in a fight would you rather spend the battery over them or flying back to recover. A recovery that could lead to exposing your position to enemy drones. Single use dual purpose Kamikaze drones make a lot of sense. Have them observe for most of their battery life then send them into enemy lines before they die. Probably cheaper and more helpful than an artillery shell.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Originally Posted By Croak:

Think about drone losses by civilian users just goofing around outside a war zone.  Now add AA, jamming, kamikaze, overused hardware, battery issues, etc.

There is probably a lot of incentive to not bring them back as well. If your guys are in a fight would you rather spend the battery over them or flying back to recover. A recovery that could lead to exposing your position to enemy drones. Single use dual purpose Kamikaze drones make a lot of sense. Have them observe for most of their battery life then send them into enemy lines before they die. Probably cheaper and more helpful than an artillery shell.

Probably too big of a compromise on battery life/flight time.
A spotter drone needs to loiter a reasonable time, so it can’t be carrying much weight.  That’s probably the reason that many of the kamikaze videos are flashing a *land now* message before they hit.
Usually kamikazes are launched once the spotter identifies a target, and the spotter operator coaches the kamikaze onto the target.
You’d also have to deal with handling live munitions on return and those things have primitive fusing.  With Kamikazes you don’t have to worry about blowing yourself up on the recovery.
Maybe a purpose-built “milspec” drone could do both and be safe.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

View All Quotes

OHHHHH some good old fashion african bush wars!  Make mercs great again!

I really wish their was video of you Fucking Wagner up.  Wish you got one of this medals.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By B5Sluggo:

I agree.  I think they're just playing with capability and testing air defenses.  I think 8/24 could be a very interesting day if they're stockpiling hundreds or thousands of drones for a big strike and combine them w/ Storm Shadow +.
View Quote

Possibly, ot someone from Ukraine REALLY doesn't like that building.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
I really wish their was video of you Fucking Wagner up.  Wish you got one of this medals.  
View Quote

The video exists. Somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

I agree.  I think they're just playing with capability and testing air defenses.  I think 8/24 could be a very interesting day if they're stockpiling hundreds or thousands of drones for a big strike and combine them w/ Storm Shadow +.

I suppose it's possible that the SBU located something of high value in it. The FSB could very well have an office or something in that building, masquerading as a more mundane government agency.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Not Guilty

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

I recall seeing a reference to the 8/24 date, but I haven't seen speculation on what exactly is planned.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:43:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#12]
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Who would i talk to about a fundraiser?  I have a beach house that will be empty next week, and looking into how i can let someone rent it for a donation to a Ukraine cause.  It's really short notice but if the price is low enough i can probably get someone to pay for it and get that money to a worth cause.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

8 or nine enemy KIA. Man their trenches are filthy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

2S4 is classified as a heavy mortar.  Using these on the front line is desperation.  They do hit very hard however.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By absael:
I recall seeing a reference to the 8/24 date, but I haven't seen speculation on what exactly is planned.
View All Quotes

This animation posted by the Ukrainian govt. yesterday might be the clue.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]

lol
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2ZOVMWWwAIANDk?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

This was contradicted in another tweet a few pages back. What's the truth? Euromaidan has been one of the more, shall we say, enthusiastic sources. A Ukrainian Rybar?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

If you want to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Good lord the scale of evil is beyond imagination. End this fucking barbarism.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_2493-2904271.jpg
View Quote

If there isn't a UN-conducted census, and UN-supported repatriation, Russia should be stripped of its permanent UNSC seat.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#20]

77 Separate airmobile brigade

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Those men have been aware of Russian intentions for over eight years. They could have escaped west at any time before the SMO. They probably could have escaped after the SMO. What patriot would stay in occupied territory when their country was being threatened?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Originally Posted By stgdz:

This has been in the back of my mind the entire time.  Yeah people are cheering when a.bunch of Russians get smoked but there is likely a lot of zapeohzia men in that mix.

So not only are the ukranians killing there own country but there fellow country men because of the Russians.

Those men have been aware of Russian intentions for over eight years. They could have escaped west at any time before the SMO. They probably could have escaped after the SMO. What patriot would stay in occupied territory when their country was being threatened?

I think the people behind the lines of the initial invasion (2014) have long since fled to Ukraine or been forcibly mobilized and died in 2022-2023.  However some/many may have stayed because they had no economic prospects elsewhere, or had family they couldn’t leave.  The Ukrainians caught behind the lines in 2023 generally do not have the ability to leave.  They are an occupied population being imprisoned, abused, tortured, mobilized, etc.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:08:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

This was contradicted in another tweet a few pages back. What's the truth? Euromaidan has been one of the more, shall we say, enthusiastic sources. A Ukrainian Rybar?
View Quote

They're defining "breaking the blockade" as going up the Danube, rather than going to Odesa.
I'm sure Russia wants to stop all traffic, but it may need to settle for forcing everyone into the Danube.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Ukraine is going to blast those things faster than russia can train orcs how to pull the cord.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Ukraine is going to blast those things faster than russia can train orcs how to pull the cord.

Big targets, short ranged, and heavy on manpower…egggcellent!
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_2491-2904239.jpg
Moving beyond led insulting of Russian tourist to blocking their charter buses. No evidence of Georgian police trying to clear the protest. Looks like unarmed security protecting the buses but nothing more.
View Quote

Good for them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Africa is about to explode, and Russia has a hand in making it happen
View All Quotes

This is on the EU/France for their “business as usual” approach.  Now at least France is getting its nuts in a vice, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.  It gives them skin in the game.
Maybe, MAYBE they will figure out that they are at war with Russia and they need to stop dicking around about it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Tension in Russia. They have propagandized that their fight against Ukraine is existential, that they MUST win. But they are running out of materiel and industrial capacity to sustain full-scale war. And they run short of meat for the grinder. Will the military break first, or will society decide the price is too high for the prize?
View Quote

Russia is making the same mistake Germany made in WWII, or before WWII. See, Russia was fully industrialized and mobilized for war - the entire society. Women drove combines, kids worked in factories making ammo.  Russia was fully in the war mode way before 1939, or 1941.  In fact Stalin started the program in late 20's, early 30's.

Germany did not industrialize the society to the same extent.  They kind of did, towards the end, but it was too little, too late.

I knew from day one of the "Special Operation" that RF is not going to win until they declare total war, total mobilization (meaning everyone 16-60). Insert everyone.gif And like during WWII times, the entire civilian production shifts to war production. Bike factories making PPSH submachine guns, etc. etc.  They can't have it both ways. Maintain a normal peaceful society and win on that front.  If they mobilized everyone, Ukraine would not stand a chance, it would get captured the same way Berlin did (200K lost in just the Berlin battle).

Not that I endorse this, just saying.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

I hope you and your buddies can lay waste to many more Wagner barbarians. Decapitating their resource pillaging operations would help Africa and weaken Russia even further. At some point the civilized world has got to say Enough! Lay waste and report back. Or is it Cry, Havoc!
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Not Guilty

https://i.ibb.co/nmsWJnc/Screen-Shot-2023-07-31-at-10-22-58-PM.png
View Quote

All that did was expose one of his war trophies, and now his neighbors are mad with jealousy and will go out night hunting with their tractors. 🚜 🚜 🚜
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Nice shootin' there Tex!

Obviously that wasn't the gunner's first rodeo.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

That area was blasted!  Cluster or proximity?? Looks like the forests around Bastogne after all the German air burst artillery. Wow. Devastating.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:52:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#35]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

Russia is making the same mistake Germany made in WWII, or before WWII. See, Russia was fully industrialized and mobilized for war - the entire society. Women drove combines, kids worked in factories making ammo.  Russia was fully in the war mode way before 1939, or 1941.  In fact Stalin started the program in late 20's, early 30's.

Germany did not industrialize the society to the same extent.  They kind of did, towards the end, but it was too little, too late.

I knew from day one of the "Special Operation" that RF is not going to win until they declare total war, total mobilization (meaning everyone 16-60). Insert everyone.gif And like during WWII times, the entire civilian production shifts to war production. Bike factories making PPSH submachine guns, etc. etc.  They can't have it both ways. Maintain a normal peaceful society and win on that front.  If they mobilized everyone, Ukraine would not stand a chance, it would get captured the same way Berlin did (200K lost in just the Berlin battle).

View All Quotes

Tension in Russia. They have propagandized that their fight against Ukraine is existential, that they MUST win. But they are running out of materiel and industrial capacity to sustain full-scale war. And they run short of meat for the grinder. Will the military break first, or will society decide the price is too high for the prize?

The Russians could only pull off what they did in WW2 because it was actually existential for Russia. In contrast, this is a war of choice that's only really existential to the Putin regime. That's the main difference here. In WW2, the Russians were fighting an opponent that viewed them as being subhuman, starved millions of them to death via the Hunger Plan, and had the long term goal of depopulating Russia west of the Urals, through a mixture of extermination and deportation to Siberia (effectively extermination). In spite of all of the Russian's huffing and puffing about Nazism in Ukraine, they know the situations are not even remotely the same. I highly, highly doubt that they could declare total war and militarize their entire society over this conflict.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#36]
There are probably at least 40k who were wounded, and died only because they weren't evacuated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By mcantu:
Are there any accurate Russian casualty numbers? NATO says 40k, Ukraine says 250k+. That's a huge spread

Not sure where your "NATO" casualty number came from but NATO/US Joint Chiefs put out 100k Russian casualties in Feb 2022 ..nearly 1.5yrs ago was over 100k Russ casualties.

You're likely seeing that "40k" from a Russian propaganda source. Iv likely seen 40k from just drone drops on them at this point
There are probably at least 40k who were wounded, and died only because they weren't evacuated.

Not to mention the Russian soldiers we have seen literally stomped into the mud in the bottom of trenches and run over countless times by tracked vehicles on roadways. Literally gone! Never to be seen again. Just part of the earth now. When this is over the number of Russian soldiers that will be "missing in action" never to be found will be astounding. No burials, no rotting corpses to be found, just gone. Fertilizing the earth of Ukraine. Tens of thousands of Father, Mothers, Sisters and Wives will never know what happened to Yuri/Ivan/Roman.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:54:24 PM EDT
[#37]

State Secretary of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense Kostiantyn Vashchenko noted that the center for the repair and maintenance of Baykar drones will be established "in the near future."

Recall that the Turkish company Baykar received from the authorities licensed permits for the production of Bayraktar TB2 and Akıncı in Ukraine in June this year. The following month, construction of the plant began.

Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov previously said that the drones, which will be produced at the plant in Ukraine, will be equipped with Ukrainian-made engines. They should also create a training center for the training of Bayraktar management specialists of various categories.

In 2019, Baykar founded Avia Ventures LLC in Ukraine with the goal of opening two plants in Ukraine.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2023/07/31/7413614/

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Capta:

This is on the EU/France for their “business as usual” approach.  Now at least France is getting its nuts in a vice, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.  It gives them skin in the game.
Maybe, MAYBE they will figure out that they are at war with Russia and they need to stop dicking around about it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Excellent point. Since Wagner and Russia are mutually supportive, crippling either one damages the other. So why not get both?!  Maybe France will begin to support Ukraine as if its uranium supply friended in it. And maybe they will want to consider the benefit of having allies to help rather than always being the outlier to suck up to the enemy for some filthy francs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Yeah but most of Africa's struggles have been local or internecine dust ups for the last 20 plus years.  Now were going back to the old outside influence of international mercs getting involved.  Same ole same old since it was anti-commie (wester powers) vs. commie (China and USSR) last time and the same playbook is getting dusted off.
View Quote

Africa will win in the end. It always has.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Russia blames the destruction of the cathedral in Odessa on... Ukraine.

The reference in the clip to May 2 is about riots and violence in Odessa on May 2, 2014. In the wake of the Maidan movement, there were pro-Russia protesters in Odessa opposing the new pro-western government. Pro-Maidan protesters were also there, and there was conflict between the two groups. A building was burned and people died. The pro-Russian side always said it was arson and murder. Both sides were hurling Molotov cocktails at each other, so the true blame for the burning of the Trade Union house is not as clear-cut as the pro-Russian side always said. The first fatal shots were fired by the pro-Russian side. Read more.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Makes a lot of sense.

Russia is trying to relive its Soviet days with half the population and 1/20th the brains and industry. Only the massive supplies left over from the Soviets has allowed Russia to pretend it is a major military power.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#42]

The reference in the clip to May 2 is about riots and violence in Odessa on May 2, 2014. In the wake of the Maidan movement, there were pro-Russia protesters in Odessa opposing the new pro-western government. Pro-Maidan protesters were also there, and there was conflict between the two groups. A building was burned and people died. The pro-Russian side always said it was arson and murder. Both sides were hurling Molotov cocktails at each other, so the true blame for the burning of the Trade Union house is not as clear-cut as the pro-Russian side always said. The first fatal shots were fired by the pro-Russian side. Read more.
View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Russian secret squirrels and agent provocateurs were there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Good #1 Palpatine to Anakin
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:26:55 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

That's exactly what Girkin and some others have been calling for for over a year. They need FULL national mobilization. They've got the rhetoric and propaganda. But they haven't pulled the trigger. They're happy to uproot all the villages in Dagestan and Buryatia, but they don't want to upset the apple carts in Moscow and St. Petersburg. I mean, those are exactly the young people who have the least support for Putin's war. Watch another 1420 video, and tell me full mobilization in Moscow & St Petersburg is likely to be successful for Putin.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:33:52 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Wow, legit pro player status there!  Now he needs to go collect some goodies from the crew it was diving on.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:34:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

I wouldn't be surprised if Russian secret squirrels and agent provocateurs were there.
View Quote

In Odessa in 2014? 100%. Odessa is one of those emotionally important "Russian" cities, first conquered by Russia during the reign of  Catherine the Great. (note how Russia came to possess this area?) If there were fewer than a dozen FSB agents or collaborators on the ground in Odessa in 2014, I'd be shocked.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:48:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#48]
🇧🇾 🇷🇺🇺🇦 North Ukrainian direction
situation as of 13.00 July 31, 2023

In the north-east of Ukraine, the enemy continues to concentrate resources near the borders with Russia. Small reconnaissance groups operate along the Belgorod, Kursk and Bryansk regions, monitoring the activities of the Russian Armed Forces.

The other day, one of the recon groups tried to infiltrate into Russia near the village of Zabrama, but was hit by Russian military personnel and retreated back. Curiously, this is not the first attempt to penetrate the territory of the Russian Federation in this area: earlier Belarusian mercenaries from the Kalinovsky battalion were noted in this area.

📌 But the sortie itself will hardly be the only one. Subversive groups have been deployed in villages and towns along the border. Two such arrived in Pokrovka, and Turkish citizens showed up in Semenovka. These may be mercenaries who train the AFU in the use of Turkish-made weapons, such as Bayraktar or MLRS.

In addition, units of the 3rd tank brigade of the AFU report the transfer of formations of the so-called "Russian Volunteer Corps" to Olkhovatka and Komissarovka. This indicates a possible activation of the AFU in the Belgorod direction.

The AFU already used the RDK vyrus legend for sabotage in Russian territories last month. And the choice of this site for impact is quite justified. Back in June, we wrote about the prospects for an attack on Valuiki, and it is likely that the AFU are now seriously considering this option.

#digest #map #Russia #Sumy #Ukraine Kharkiv #Chernihiv

https://t.me/rybar_in_english/5090

❗️🇷🇺🇺🇦 Vremyevsky site
situation as of 15.00 July 31, 2023

Despite statements about the return of control over Staromayorsky to Russian troops, the situation looks somewhat different. There is practically nothing left of the village, and there is nowhere to hide in it.

Therefore, it is physically difficult to control Staromayorskoye not only for our units, but also for the Ukrainian formations, which even recently conducted a reconnaissance of the area in search of places to equip strong points.

Now Russian troops are conducting a positional attack with artillery support, trying to drive the enemy out of the village. However, Staromayorskoye itself is actually in the gray zone.

🔻 The AFU are still sending small groups to secure the site. One of these came under fire, and they tried to evacuate it on two armored combat vehicles, which were instantly fired upon by artillerymen.

Also, Russian units are conducting an intense counter-battery fight. A warrior of the Far East reports the destruction of two D-20 howitzers in the vicinity of Zelyony Pole.

At the same time, in the coming days, Ukrainian formations will again launch an offensive and, probably, on a wider front. Now in Temirovka, Novopol and Bolshaya Novoselka, assault groups are being actively formed from combat-ready units of the 36th and 37th infantry regiments.

If you have additions on the situation, you want us to highlight the successes of your unit, you can always write to us in the feedback bot _feedback_bot . Anonymity is guaranteed.

#digest #Donetsk Zaporizhia #map #Russia Vuhledar #Ukraine

https://t.me/rybar_in_english/5093

❗️🇷🇺🇺🇦 Kherson direction
situation at the end of July 31, 2023

🔻 In the morning, in the Golopristan sector, three enemy recon groups in small boats, moving along the Domakha River, tried to land on Vasilkov Island. The movement of the boats was detected, and they were attacked by artillery.

As a result, two boats with 10 members of the AFU were hit, and one went back. But this was just one of many forays into the area in recent months. The activity of the enemy increased amid of the activities of the recon groups near Kherson and the Antonovsky bridge.

🔻For example, in the morning an enemy unit landed on Kruglik Island for reconnaissance. Due to the “fog of war”, the configuration of the front in the area is not entirely clear, however, neither side has confident control over the area due to its fireability.

🔻 A very unpleasant situation is developing near the Antonovsky bridge, where Ukrainian formations not only hold a bridgehead, but also try to move deep into the territory on the left bank of the Dnieper.

Despite the systematic fire strike, the enemy reaches the southernmost islands, and artillery from Sadovoe on the right bank delivers harassing blows on the northern outskirts of Aleshki.

The problem of the presence of the enemy on the left bank of the Dnieper has not gone away: attacks do not seem to pose a serious threat, but due to their systematic nature, they are dangerous in the future. Perhaps the countermeasures being taken are not effective enough, and now is the time to change something.

# Oleshky #video #digest #map #Russia #Ukraine #Kherson

https://t.me/rybar_in_english/5109

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#49]

In Odessa in 2014? 100%. Odessa is one of those emotionally important "Russian" cities, first conquered by Russia during the reign of  Catherine the Great. (note how Russia came to possess this area?) If there were fewer than a dozen FSB agents or collaborators on the ground in Odessa in 2014, I'd be shocked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Yeah, I should've said, "I guarantee that Russian secret squirrels and agent provocateurs were there." Very little about the unrest in the east post-Maidan was organic. Russian intelligence assets, agent provocateurs, SOF, etc. were all involved in orchestrating the strife and conflict there from from the very beginning. There definitely was pro-Russian sentiment in the east, to be sure, but it wouldn't have come to armed conflict without the intervention of Russia. The pro-Russian sentiment in the east was also far from unanimous, according to numerous polls from the timeframe.

Overall, the conflict in the east from 2014 onwards can accurately be portrayed as a deliberate creation of the Russians. Anyone arguing that it was totally organic or that it was a result of Ukrainian nationalists oppressing the Russian friendly east is either a shill or a dumbass. As stated previously, assets of the Russian government were facilitating events from day one. Additionally, a majority of Ukrainian soldiers fighting in the JFO pre-2022 spoke Russian as their first language, and even highly nationalist Ukrainian volunteer units possessed Russian speakers and ethnic Russians.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:54:28 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

The guy doing most of the talking seems to play the role of their “house Ukrainian” so to speak.  He’s Ukrainian-born but enthusiastically agrees with the need to do what Russia is doing.  That said, I swear there are times he’s slipping in sarcasm.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4602 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top