Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4698 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#1]

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1692086814977257946
I heard the same thing but unsure if it is general or just a couple of units, let's see what the Russian high command decides
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I think their gun stabilizer was inop as well. Some of their shots didn't go very far.
View Quote

One thing people who have not gunned miss out on is that although the gun may be stabilized, the gunner is not.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

If they could capture the chip makers whole would be a big benefit (think of treason and subversion like with the capture of Khersan, since there is little doubt the CCP has deeply penetrated Taiwan) but the primary goal is to keep the West from benefitting from the Taiwan chip plants. So if the chip makers get blown up or blow themselves up, it's still supports the ultimate CCP goal of making the world dependent on them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Plus, to the Chinese way of thinking, the long-term benefits of eliminating Taiwan as an economic, political, and cultural rival, not to mention it's role as a strategic impediment, far exceed any short-term cost.  This is a country that nuked it's construction and real estate industry, which was the main investment vehicle in mainland China not to mention the primary funding tool for their state and local governments.  The fact that they would even care about disrupting chip supplies from a hostile renegade province that largely benefits their economic and strategic rivals barely even enters their calculus, as they may actually see this as eliminating a rival as they struggle to establish Chinese dominance in tech.

If they could capture the chip makers whole would be a big benefit (think of treason and subversion like with the capture of Khersan, since there is little doubt the CCP has deeply penetrated Taiwan) but the primary goal is to keep the West from benefitting from the Taiwan chip plants. So if the chip makers get blown up or blow themselves up, it's still supports the ultimate CCP goal of making the world dependent on them.

Or it convinces the world that you can't trust china and their chips and everything migrates to another country.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:13:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: silverstate55] [#4]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

It is amazing how many people think that nuclear war is not something to even consider in our decision making. I see it as adolescent chest thumping.  Easy to do on the internet, harder to do as an adult in real life with real consequences for a miscalculation.

I sure won't take the time to repost my bonifides as a hater of Russia and lover of freedom and thus Ukraine.  But you clearly are willing to bet millions of lives on Russia acting rationally and never going nuclear.  I am not willing to do that.  We need to beat them bad, but we need to beat them carefully.  IMHO

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog15:
Originally Posted By silverstate55:

The bear is toothless, the preponderance of the Russian military “might” is engaged in Ukraine, Russian strategic forces are ineffective and virtually blind against incoming threats….. now is the time to poke, and poke as hard as we possibly can. Look back to the failed “readiness exercise” when FJB visited not long ago.

It is amazing how many people think that nuclear war is not something to even consider in our decision making. I see it as adolescent chest thumping.  Easy to do on the internet, harder to do as an adult in real life with real consequences for a miscalculation.

I sure won't take the time to repost my bonifides as a hater of Russia and lover of freedom and thus Ukraine.  But you clearly are willing to bet millions of lives on Russia acting rationally and never going nuclear.  I am not willing to do that.  We need to beat them bad, but we need to beat them carefully.  IMHO

I don’t know how you extrapolate my posting with making me not care about “millions of lives,” but it’s clear that you need some instruction on reading comprehension.  One can take what you said & compare it to a gun-owning homeowner as a potential mass shooter just waiting to murder neighborhood children.

ETA: I find it interesting that when reading through your replies to other posters, you immediately personalize everything and throw out juvenile slander. Instead of replying with some sort of worthwhile counterpoints (tactical vs strategic weapons, readiness states, countermeasures, and so on) all we get are your reminders of how much of a supporter you are and some juvenile remarks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

I literally listened to him say that live. Think of him what you will, he has his huge faults and huge upsides, but it was %100 more of a sarcastic knock on people who let it happen. He wasn't excited and cheerleading it but was talking about how it went down. I also say this as someone who thinks he's completely full of shit that he could make a deal and stop this in a day.
View Quote

lets say hypothetically we had a president that wasn't a coward. And he released the full might of the US military (absent nuclear). How many hours would it take before russia asked for mercy?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tacosis:

What are you basing this on bc it sounds completely asinine and like utter horseshit.  So when they level the island, chip plants and all, you're saying they'll plunk down a commie flag and that'll be the objective?  Cuz they took back the land and accomplished and ideological objective?  That's simple minded crazy talk.  These people, our enemies, are not simple minded stooges.  We've made that mistake too long.  Bert Purtin and Xi ert chrildrens?  Ok Lenny.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tacosis:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
China's objective in Taiwan is the same as Russia's in Ukraine: empire, and the restoration of rule over historical possessions. If Taiwan had no semiconductor manufacturing at all, China would still feel as strongly about wanting it.

What are you basing this on bc it sounds completely asinine and like utter horseshit.  So when they level the island, chip plants and all, you're saying they'll plunk down a commie flag and that'll be the objective?  Cuz they took back the land and accomplished and ideological objective?  That's simple minded crazy talk.  These people, our enemies, are not simple minded stooges.  We've made that mistake too long.  Bert Purtin and Xi ert chrildrens?  Ok Lenny.

What have you read about China's interest in Taiwan? More importantly, what Chinese internal statements and documents lead you to think I'm wrong? What public statements from Chinese sources lead you to think I'm wrong?

This Taiwan semiconductor business is new. PRC's insistence on taking Taiwan predates all Taiwanese semiconductor production by decades. They just haven't had the military capability. If they had the ability, they would have invaded in 1950.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
I don't think Taiwan has been controlled by mainland China since the late 1800's. That being said, it is an unsinkable aircraft carrier.
View Quote

Qing empire, 1683-1895. Ceded to Japan in 1895 after the first Sino-Japanese war. Like Russia, China hates having losses on their record. And once something belonged to the empire, it must always belong to the empire. This they have in common with Putin and his stooges.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

lets say hypothetically we had a president that wasn't a coward. And he released the full might of the US military (absent nuclear). How many hours would it take before russia asked for mercy?
View Quote

When the russian spy satelites showed american military massing around russia with loaded weapons in war formations. That's how long. That's when russia would beg to negotiate a deal.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
History of the Ukrainian Euromaidan Revolution of 2014 DOCUMENTARY
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:08:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

I literally listened to him say that live. Think of him what you will, he has his huge faults and huge upsides, but it was %100 more of a sarcastic knock on people who let it happen. He wasn't excited and cheerleading it but was talking about how it went down. I also say this as someone who thinks he's completely full of shit that he could make a deal and stop this in a day.

According to the former head of Roscosmos, Dimitri Rogozin, 6 hours, without the US using nuclear weapons and wiping out Russian nuclear strike potential.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Stolen from @Wreckshooter from another thread.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/266CD21C-EC9F-42E8-A172-62309DB11E52_jpe-2920441.JPG
View Quote

Sosavageyoumustsitbackandappreciateit.gif
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#13]
With all these Ka-52s being shot down, are they gonna start selling pieces of the skin?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:26:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#14]
https://twitter.com/ByronDa12917801/status/1692194194390171842
The war plan is going as expected. Heorhiivka is where 🇺🇦 hits the single-layer Surovikin trench system. 🇺🇦 offense will widen soon to protect flanks of breakthrough. Once breakthrough, step 8 in earnest. Red lines =🇷🇺 vehicle tracks in fields. yellow=trench;white=dragon teeth.  
View Quote

The AFU has also positioned units from the 31st Marine Brigade and the 3rd Assault Brigade in the area of Urozhaine which continue to put pressure on Zavitne Bazhannya.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Well, hard to say what is in the heart of a Chinaman, but if that is true then they are as stupid as Vladimir Vladimirovich. It is insane to go to war over ideals of empire. It makes sense ( if starting any war makes sense) to go to war over real gains. Gaining Taiwan over the financial gains for China of acquiring it makes a lot more sense than starting a war "because it used to be ours"  But maybe they are that stupid.

Just like going to war with Ukraine "because it used to be ours, and is the first step to rebuilding our empire" is idiotic. Going to war because Ukraine is the breadbasket of Europe and has lots of natural resources makes a bit more sense.

But overall going to war with Ukraine is still stupid when your own country has tons of natural resources and all your really had to do was keep on selling them to your neighbors, and grow fat and wealthy. Just sit back and watch the money roll in. That is all you had to do.  But noooo...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
China's objective in Taiwan is the same as Russia's in Ukraine: empire, and the restoration of rule over historical possessions. If Taiwan had no semiconductor manufacturing at all, China would still feel as strongly about wanting it.

Well, hard to say what is in the heart of a Chinaman, but if that is true then they are as stupid as Vladimir Vladimirovich. It is insane to go to war over ideals of empire. It makes sense ( if starting any war makes sense) to go to war over real gains. Gaining Taiwan over the financial gains for China of acquiring it makes a lot more sense than starting a war "because it used to be ours"  But maybe they are that stupid.

Just like going to war with Ukraine "because it used to be ours, and is the first step to rebuilding our empire" is idiotic. Going to war because Ukraine is the breadbasket of Europe and has lots of natural resources makes a bit more sense.

But overall going to war with Ukraine is still stupid when your own country has tons of natural resources and all your really had to do was keep on selling them to your neighbors, and grow fat and wealthy. Just sit back and watch the money roll in. That is all you had to do.  But noooo...

There is almost never a circumstance in which initiating war is a rational choice. The disruption to society, economy, lives is usually very high, even for winners. (Superpowers picking on small nation being a limited exception.) Historically, expansion is a fairly common motivation for war, and this has often been part of Russia's history. The Russian leaders Putin has professed admiration for were brutal expansionists.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Just stop bringing up Trump and how much you hate him. Put it in your sig-line and lets just continue with what we DO AGREE ON, and that is cheering for Ukraine and against Russia.
View Quote

Fuck Ukraine! They're just corrupt nazis!

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

When the russian spy satelites showed american military massing around russia with loaded weapons in war formations. That's how long. That's when russia would beg to negotiate a deal.
View Quote

No. I think they would bluster and shout threats until it was too late, just like Sadam in '03. They are holding together an "empire" or federation through threats and bribes and cannot show weakness or else be devoured from within. Also like Sadam, they are more worried about internal threats than any external, despite their BS paranoia about NATO expansion. In fact they would see an actual attack by the West as unifying, falsely thinking that a unified Russia would be enough to stop the West. I dont think they have any concept of how fast and hard life would come at them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:36:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#19]

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, no one wants to be the architect or builder of Pharoh’s secret chamber!

“Gennady, you are sure now that you are the only person who knows all the secrets of my last resort getaway? You told no one, yes? And this is the only copy of the blueprints and construction records, yes? Good, good. Go home and take a well deserved rest my dear friend.”

Jailed Russian general, 69, ‘who knew secrets of Putin’s £1billion Black Sea palace’ dies mysteriously in prison ahead of parole bid – the second top Kremlin commander to perish within days.

General Gennady Lopyrev, suddenly fell ill Monday – gasping for breath – and was told by doctors that he had previously undiagnosed leukemia.

There are now suspicions that he was poisoned just as he was eligible for parole.

The general was sentenced to 10 years in prison by a military court in 2017 for taking bribes and illegally possessing ammunition – allegations he has always denied.

He served in the Federal Protection Service (FSO) and personally supervised the construction of the giant Gelendzhik Palace on Putin’s cliff, a private residence reportedly built with state money.

He was also responsible for the summer residence of the dictator “Bocharov Ruchei” in Sochi.

Until his imprisonment, he had been one of Putin’s closest security associates and was seen in Moscow in 2002 with Russian President and then British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

It comes as another Russian general, who led the invasion of Ukraine until he was purged by Putin, also met a suspiciously sudden end this week.
View Quote

“Illegally possessing ammunition…” 😂😂😂

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#22]

No. I think they would bluster and shout threats until it was too late, just like Sadam in '03. They are holding together an "empire" or federation through threats and bribes and cannot show weakness or else be devoured from within. Also like Sadam, they are more worried about internal threats than any external, despite their BS paranoia about NATO expansion. In fact they would see an actual attack by the West as unifying, falsely thinking that a unified Russia would be enough to stop the West. I dont think they have any concept of how fast and hard life would come at them.
View Quote

They very well might think they need to put on a brave face in public. I think they would know they would be about to get flattened, they've seen what happens when they go up against Ukranians. But I think they would be confused about our willingness to throw the brakes on the war machine once it got properly rolling. Too late for negotiation at that point.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#25]
https://x.com/pstyle0ne1/status/1692096421762093179

‼️Ukrainian partisans report about left bank Dnipro; no Russian checkpoints with dramatic implications

"SROK reports. A couple of hours ago, our man drove along this road in the temporarily occupied part of the Kherson region. I did not meet a single checkpoint of p**ars throughout the entire journey. Either the orcs pissed and went further south, or they threw all their forces to cover the banks of the Dnipro. Kherson region is waiting for the Defense Forces of Ukraine.
————————
fantastic news because it seems to validate what has been discussed on @MriyaReport that the Russians have not enough troops to keep all the trenches and fortifications... something one cannot see on a civilian satellite picture 🤣
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vfIEvXEAAWe_b?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

47th seems to have gotten its shit together after some embarrassing stuff early on. Unfortunately, because the "NATO brigades" only received a few weeks of training on how to conduct combined arms from the ARNG followed by a bit of training in Ukraine, they're having to learn the hard way, it seems. That's not ideal, and it's resulted in some painful moments, but those brigades are going to get better over time. At least, that's what people far more credible than me have stated on other forums.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#27]

This can pop helicopter gunships at 12 km.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3uwho_WEAE-JNY?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3uwiClXIAALtxF?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3uwiCnXIAAlPkl?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Shades of Charlie Wilson's War (except a much more deserving recipient this time around).
Charlie Wilson's War (8/9) Movie CLIP - Anti-Helicopter Light Missile (2007) HD

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#28]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3uE-QUXMAAE2jo?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Those would be nice, but there's not going to be any Wunderwaffen which drastically alter the course of the war, I don't think.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:04:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#29]
Straight from the timeless book “How To Deconstruct Your Economy In 5 Easy Steps!”

1. Hyper inflate your money supply to pay for pet project. Invasion is always a nice open ended adventure.

2. Use meat bag tactics to grind up as many young laborers as possible.

3. Round up all immigrant workers for meat bag duty to discourage further work force immigration.

4. Eliminate physical currency in favor of digital currency that the State can divert, steal, devalue, or vaporize at will.

5. Force all successful private enterprises to exchange their hard currencies needed for materials for State fairy dust currency.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Shades of Charlie Wilson's War (except a much more deserving recipient this time around).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WmDszVxti0
View All Quotes

I really need to go watch that movie again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Those would be nice, but there's not going to be any Wunderwaffen which drastically alter the course of the war, I don't think.
View Quote

It would be a nice gesture to include a few cluster rounds with each M30, M31 salvo.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:09:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#32]

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View All Quotes

This video is from St. Petersburg but it is happening all over Russia. Immigrants who moved to Russia for work, many are Syrians and other Middle Easterners, are seen receiving summonses to report for military duty, being loaded onto buses, and taken to the local commissariat (voyenkomat) so they can be processed for service.

Russia has been under a full "ghost mobilization" since the beginning of the year but they won't call it a mobilization for domestic political reasons.

This is a translation of what the poster, "GREY ZONE", said about the video. He calls them "these people" even though they are Russian citizens which is typical of how Russians perceive ethnic groups -- aka, non-Russians.

"And here is a delightful video from St. Petersburg! New citizens of Russia were lucky not only to get a passport of a citizen of our country, but also to be registered for military service, having a chance to prove loyalty to our Fatherland on the battlefield!

Just imagine how happy these people are now, even if they look a little confused on the video, but this is from the surprise of such a gift.

I hope that they will call all their relatives and friends at home and tell them about the unique action that the Ministry of Internal Affairs is holding for new citizens.

I could be wrong, but I don't see a group formed in such a way as being particularly reliable for anything other than REMF type duties to free up others.

I guess blocking troops would be busy, or they will be surrendering by the boat loads, but I'm not betting on them being hard core fighters.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:10:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#34]

View All Quotes

There never is one single magic weapon.  But if Ukraine has Intelligence of Russian manpower grouping up to move to the front, this will do the trick much cheaper than the current M-30 tungsten express you saw yesterday 60km behind the front lines hitting that Russian group on their training grounds.  It also provides a lot more subumitions per round outside of the 20km range of 155mm dpicm.  It also saves valuable GPS guided himars rounds for other jobs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
With all these Ka-52s being shot down, are they gonna start selling pieces of the skin?
View Quote

They do.

I have a piece of that one.  Since it was intact and went down inside Russian lines, they blew it up to keep it from falling into Ukrainian hands.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Knelled it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

"I wasn't standing at the door. Don't be an idiot. I bugged the scotch bottle."
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

In the conventional warfare sense, Russia is extremely vulnerable right now and could not handle any incursion - from the east or from the west. Its possible that their strategic nuclear deterrent would be ineffective too because of unwillingness of the operators to actually push the button.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

They do.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/22FFA9B0-3A41-4589-ABD7-735B04492231-2724576.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/6691386B-EFB2-4A54-ACAF-AFA3C43076CC-2724568.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/IMG_0132-2922870.jpg

I have a piece of that one.  Since it was intact and went down inside Russian lines, they blew it up to keep it from falling into Ukrainian hands.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/885BEAD0-5B6F-426D-AEF9-B02F1D91494A-2724240.jpg

You guys find the coolest stuff for display.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:16:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#40]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNKZca4AECD5Y?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNMCDbMAATn3D?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNOBpbsAEyE2e?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNO1SaMAEoQSP?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

WOW, those are cool shots!

(no idea what I'm looking at though in the last one - any ideas?)
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:18:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#42]
Supposedly a German grain ship left Odesa yesterday headed for the Straits.

"As far as we know no vessel has departed from Ukraine. However, if it arrives it will be passed through straits," the source was quoted as saying on the channel’s social media platform X.

Meanwhile, Elips Haber news portal said citing sources in the Turkish defense ministry that "the first ship had already departed via the new corridor."
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

I kind of think Trump sort of forgot about Afghanistan and wasn't really fully aware that we were at war for the whole four years he was President. I think it slipped his mind because it never gave him any opportunity for a photo op or claim what a great thing he did.

I'm sure if he was President he would be very focused on Ukraine's relationship to Hunter Biden or a photo op shaking Putin's hand and so he might have a better shot at knowing something is going on there than with Afghanistan.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

Some of ya'll visceral hatred for Trump is messing with your logic. Next we will hear how the Afghanistan fiasco would have been the same even if Trump was POTUS. Reagan was the same as Carter, Bush the same as Clinton, FBHO was the same as Trump, "sleepy joe is just doing what Trump would have done, except when it's stupid...then it still Trump's fault"  ..."all POTUS are the same...

I kind of think Trump sort of forgot about Afghanistan and wasn't really fully aware that we were at war for the whole four years he was President. I think it slipped his mind because it never gave him any opportunity for a photo op or claim what a great thing he did.

I'm sure if he was President he would be very focused on Ukraine's relationship to Hunter Biden or a photo op shaking Putin's hand and so he might have a better shot at knowing something is going on there than with Afghanistan.

I guess CNN didn't give the whole Trump/ taliban peace treaty signing much air time. Too bad. it was pretty cool
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#44]
lol

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#45]
This could get interesting to see what this talking head has on her phone. Travels and investments in European countries she rails against? Or private rants opposite to her public statements?
Video of her phone call

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#46]
lol
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vtCkhWYAAIpOL?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vtCyTXsAUPWy-?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Would.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:29:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#47]
Ukraine's New Jet Boat Suicide Drone REVEALED
Ward Carroll
Floating Suicide Drone Takes Out Russian Bridge
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:

I could be wrong, but I don't see a group formed in such a way as being particularly reliable for anything other than REMF type duties to free up others.

I guess blocking troops would be busy, or they will be surrendering by the boat loads, but I'm not betting on them being hard core fighters.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:

This video is from St. Petersburg but it is happening all over Russia. Immigrants who moved to Russia for work, many are Syrians and other Middle Easterners, are seen receiving summonses to report for military duty, being loaded onto buses, and taken to the local commissariat (voyenkomat) so they can be processed for service.

Russia has been under a full "ghost mobilization" since the beginning of the year but they won't call it a mobilization for domestic political reasons.

This is a translation of what the poster, "GREY ZONE", said about the video. He calls them "these people" even though they are Russian citizens which is typical of how Russians perceive ethnic groups -- aka, non-Russians.

"And here is a delightful video from St. Petersburg! New citizens of Russia were lucky not only to get a passport of a citizen of our country, but also to be registered for military service, having a chance to prove loyalty to our Fatherland on the battlefield!

Just imagine how happy these people are now, even if they look a little confused on the video, but this is from the surprise of such a gift.

I hope that they will call all their relatives and friends at home and tell them about the unique action that the Ministry of Internal Affairs is holding for new citizens.

They'll give them a week of training on how to run an AK, send them to the front, make it clear that desertion results in a painful death, and have them conduct probing attacks with a few drones overhead while they micromanage them via radio. If they find a weak point in Ukrainian defenses, they'll assault it with troops that actually have decent training. If they get hammered with Ukrainian artillery or mortars, the Russians will have counter battery radars ready and will return fire. If they walk into a minefield or meet stiff resistance from Ukrainian infantry, the Russians will download that information and adjust accordingly. Or, if they opt to use these guys defensively, they'll just throw them in a trench and have them die in place in order to delay Ukrainian assaults.

This is how the Russians have been treating all of their "disposable" manpower (L/DPR guys, convicts, etc.) since the beginning of the war.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#49]

There never is one single magic weapon.  But if Ukraine has Intelligence of Russian manpower grouping up to move to the front, this will do the trick much cheaper than the current M-30 tungsten express you saw yesterday 60km behind the front lines hitting that Russian group on their training grounds.  It also provides a lot more subumitions per round outside of the 20km range of 155mm dpicm.  It also saves valuable GPS guided himars rounds for other jobs.
View All Quotes

Makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Straight from the timeless book “How To Deconstruct Your Economy In 5 Easy Steps!”

1. Hyper inflate your money supply to pay for pet project. Invasion is always a nice open ended adventure.

2. Use meat bag tactics to grind up as many young laborers as possible.

3. Round up all immigrant workers for meat bag duty to discourage further work force immigration.

4. Eliminate physical currency in favor of digital currency that the State can divert, steal, devalue, or vaporize at will.

5. Force all successful private enterprises to exchange their hard currencies needed for materials for State fairy dust currency.
View Quote

Burn it all down, LOL!

What would top that off would be a large Ukrainian cruise missile strike on the oil & gas production facilities, cutting off Russian forex income for many months if not years. Think about how Solovyov and Simonyan would wail!!!
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4698 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top