Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4699 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNKZca4AECD5Y?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNMCDbMAATn3D?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNOBpbsAEyE2e?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNO1SaMAEoQSP?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Those pictures are incredible!
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:37:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#2]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Those would be nice, but there's not going to be any Wunderwaffen which drastically alter the course of the war, I don't think.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3uE-QUXMAAE2jo?format=jpg&name=small

Those would be nice, but there's not going to be any Wunderwaffen which drastically alter the course of the war, I don't think.

All destroyed years ago.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 1saxman:

In the conventional warfare sense, Russia is extremely vulnerable right now and could not handle any incursion - from the east or from the west. Its possible that their strategic nuclear deterrent would be ineffective too because of unwillingness of the operators to actually push the button.
View Quote

What gives you the idea that Russian ICBM crews would be unwilling to follow orders?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNKZca4AECD5Y?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNMCDbMAATn3D?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNOBpbsAEyE2e?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vNO1SaMAEoQSP?format=jpg&name=large

They are so incredible that I’m waiting for someone to ruin it

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

All destroyed years ago.

View All Quotes

All destroyed years ago.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jhereg:

Or it convinces the world that you can't trust china and their chips and everything migrates to another country.
View Quote

Yes, I hope. It looks like this is happening but slowly. I hope the free world has the time to ramp up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:47:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#7]
Happening AGAIN. Dagestan is one of the provinces heavily conscripted and treated as a vassal to be used up in every way to support Moscow’s whims and comforts. Over built housing and corrupt infrastructure. Blackouts not being fixed ever.
Video of street protest.

Residents of Makhachkala, Dagestan, again blocked the road due to problems with electricity.

“We do it out of desperation, people are without electricity.” local residents say.

The situation is caused by the chaotic construction of multi-storey residential buildings, not designed for the capacity of the existing energy facilities, and illegal connections to the power grid, the General Prosecutor’s Office explains.

Residents of Makhachkala have faced everyday difficulties caused by power and water supply interruptions; while appeals to public utilities, according to their stories, proved to be fruitless.

Sergey Melikov, the head of Dagestan, has even threatened the protesters.

Ziyaudin Uvaisov, the head of the  "ZhKKh Monitor", has noted that last winter, same as in previous years, there was a "difficult situation" in the public utilities sector in Dagestan.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#8]
The stormtroopers were advancing through the mined strip of forest when a close fire(fight) began. The identified occupiers were successfully captured and captured.
Soldiers of the "MYRON" platoon of the 2nd company of the 2nd Assault Battalion work under artillery fire.

https://twitter.com/KrzysztofJano15/status/1692188185965609164
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#9]

They'll give them a week of training on how to run an AK, send them to the front, make it clear that desertion results in a painful death, and have them conduct probing attacks with a few drones overhead while they micromanage them via radio. If they find a weak point in Ukrainian defenses, they'll assault it with troops that actually have decent training. If they get hammered with Ukrainian artillery or mortars, the Russians will have counter battery radars ready and will return fire. If they walk into a minefield or meet stiff resistance from Ukrainian infantry, the Russians will download that information and adjust accordingly. Or, if they opt to use these guys defensively, they'll just throw them in a trench and have them die in place in order to delay Ukrainian assaults.

This is how the Russians have been treating all of their "disposable" manpower (L/DPR guys, convicts, etc.) since the beginning of the war.
View Quote

Pretty much. Few other countries could pull this off and probably not as "good" as Russia. But then again, didnt Sparta collapse due to too much reliance on slaves...?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Yet another spy/collaborator nabbed. SBU stays busy. In war time they need to be much harsher with these traitors/spies to deter others. Fair trail and if guilty then execution by whatever standard means.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Speaking of gas supplies... Copied from another forum:

European natural gas storage has now hit its winter 90% target almost three months early. They could hit 100% in a month's time. In lieu of that, traders started pumping excess into storage in Ukraine. It looks like they're indeed utilizing the Bliche-Volytsko-Uherske facility on the Polish/Slovakia border. This facility can store 17bcm, which is 4x larger than the largest storage site in Germany, and almost double the amount Ukraine has offered to Europe. The expectation is that 3.5bcm could be stored there by the end of November, which is a substantial swing amount. Given the spread in spot/futures prices, and the fees the Ukrainians are charging, this looks like a lucrative trade. Europe is still dragging its feet though, because while pipeline/compressor infrastructure risks remain, indemnification and RE from Brussels could speed up the process. As it stands, 20 TWh could flow to Ukraine on a monthly basis, which, nonetheless, is a significant chunk to meet swing demand in Europe during winter months. China's tepid recovery and moribund economy have kept a decent lid on nat-gas prices, but pumping more to Ukraine, despite the risks, would make sense to provide a buffer against an especially cold winter.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Ya gotta do whatever it takes to save “our democracy”. Right, Nancy? 😂😂

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread needs more Solovyov and his cautious, peaceful approach:

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

What gives you the idea that Russian ICBM crews would be unwilling to follow orders?
View All Quotes

In the conventional warfare sense, Russia is extremely vulnerable right now and could not handle any incursion - from the east or from the west. Its possible that their strategic nuclear deterrent would be ineffective too because of unwillingness of the operators to actually push the button.

I find it more likely that a lot of missiles wouldn't follow their orders to launch, a lot of guidance systems wouldn't follow their orders to the correct target, or that a lot of the warheads wouldn't follow their orders to arm and detonate in the correct sequence.  Considering the level of rot and corruption, as well as the quality control issues, the Orcs have demonstrated over the past year and a half, I have my doubts how well the majority of their Nukes are going to work.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#15]

I don't think Taiwan has been controlled by mainland China since the late 1800's. That being said, it is an unsinkable aircraft carrier.
View Quote

And thats the main reason the us and other nations will go to war.  The chips is just a smoke screen.

Holding Taiwan gives them huge control of pacific
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#16]
America doesn't understand anything but force. Americans won't listen to anything unless you can beat them through force. True story!

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#18]

All destroyed years ago.

View Quote

Which is WHY you don’t elect fucking Hippys to run your .gov and .mil
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#20]

They'll give them a week of training on how to run an AK, send them to the front, make it clear that desertion results in a painful death, and have them conduct probing attacks with a few drones overhead while they micromanage them via radio. If they find a weak point in Ukrainian defenses, they'll assault it with troops that actually have decent training. If they get hammered with Ukrainian artillery or mortars, the Russians will have counter battery radars ready and will return fire. If they walk into a minefield or meet stiff resistance from Ukrainian infantry, the Russians will download that information and adjust accordingly. Or, if they opt to use these guys defensively, they'll just throw them in a trench and have them die in place in order to delay Ukrainian assaults.

This is how the Russians have been treating all of their "disposable" manpower (L/DPR guys, convicts, etc.) since the beginning of the war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:

This video is from St. Petersburg but it is happening all over Russia. Immigrants who moved to Russia for work, many are Syrians and other Middle Easterners, are seen receiving summonses to report for military duty, being loaded onto buses, and taken to the local commissariat (voyenkomat) so they can be processed for service.

Russia has been under a full "ghost mobilization" since the beginning of the year but they won't call it a mobilization for domestic political reasons.

This is a translation of what the poster, "GREY ZONE", said about the video. He calls them "these people" even though they are Russian citizens which is typical of how Russians perceive ethnic groups -- aka, non-Russians.

"And here is a delightful video from St. Petersburg! New citizens of Russia were lucky not only to get a passport of a citizen of our country, but also to be registered for military service, having a chance to prove loyalty to our Fatherland on the battlefield!

Just imagine how happy these people are now, even if they look a little confused on the video, but this is from the surprise of such a gift.

I hope that they will call all their relatives and friends at home and tell them about the unique action that the Ministry of Internal Affairs is holding for new citizens.

I could be wrong, but I don't see a group formed in such a way as being particularly reliable for anything other than REMF type duties to free up others.

I guess blocking troops would be busy, or they will be surrendering by the boat loads, but I'm not betting on them being hard core fighters.

Someone posted yesterday(?) that the Russian radars are having issues spotting the Western systems for effective counter-battery fire. They've also lost quite a few radars as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
This could get interesting to see what this talking head has on her phone. Travels and investments in European countries she rails against? Or private rants opposite to her public statements?
Video of her phone call

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3076-2922883.jpg
View Quote

Nudes?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Nudes?
View Quote

Do we really want to see these pictures?

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:49:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]

View All Quotes

All destroyed years ago.

The boosters were being re used to make glsdb, when the standard M26 was taken out of inventory, so there is that.   There might be some stockpiles of M-26A2 Extended Range, and possibly the M-30 dpicm version.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

I find it more likely that a lot of missiles wouldn't follow their orders to launch, a lot of guidance systems wouldn't follow their orders to the correct target, or that a lot of the warheads wouldn't follow their orders to arm and detonate in the correct sequence.  Considering the level of rot and corruption, as well as the quality control issues, the Orcs have demonstrated over the past year and a half, I have my doubts how well the majority of their Nukes are going to work.
View All Quotes

Me as well, there are a lot of extreme tolerances and upkeep needed for those to work reliably.  Even if they did, our Interceptors would keep the percentages down.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#25]
First video I have seen of these being tested.  I wish Ukrainian forces had something like this.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#26]

This fire will cause significant setbacks for producing Russian military equipment.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Definitely going for NASAMS.

The Swedish Parliament has supported the initiative to sell Rb 99 missiles (AMRAAM) to the US. Washington will donate them to Ukraine to strengthen its air defense capabilities.

The Rb 99 missiles are a licensed version of the American AIM-120B (AMRAAM) missile. It can destroy targets at a distance of up to 70 km.

The missile carriers are Swedish JAS 39 Gripen fighters, but they can also be launched using NASAMS anti-aircraft missile systems. Ukraine has already received several such air defense systems from the allies.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:19:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#29]

View All Quotes

Their moon mission will be interesting. They are orbiting the moon now. That’s halfway. Now they just need to be able to hit the Earth!

It’s easy to say, oh yeah but nuclear forces are much better maintained than artillery shell storage or tank storage. But then you look at their premier “stealth” fighter Su-57 and realize the corruption and poor QC probably does invade every aspect of Russia’s defense apparatus.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#30]
When does mud season start?

How will it affect that bulge?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice to see Sweden and Norway stepping up!
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

View Quote

I think the CV-90's and the Bradley M2 are  pretty capable in the mud. Norway has alot of swampy areas they designed their vehichles to fight in as well as Sweden.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#33]
First video I have seen of these being tested.  I wish Ukrainian forces had something like this.

View Quote

Wow, a Taiwan Harpy copy! Yes, this is exactly what Ukraine needs now. A swarm of these could overwhelm surface to air systems and open up huge gaps of airspace. When paired with HARMS, you'd be hard pressed to see anyone willing to keep their radars on for very long.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

This fire will cause significant setbacks for producing Russian military equipment.

So now it is (fiery) “red” October?

😎 good
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

There’s your Stuka dive bomber!

Needs a siren.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aikibiker] [#36]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

Wow, a Taiwan Harpy copy! Yes, this is exactly what Ukraine needs now. A swarm of these could overwhelm surface to air systems and open up huge gaps of airspace. When paired with HARMS, you'd be hard pressed to see anyone willing to keep their radars on for very long.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

Check the range on those things 1,000km That is crazy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#37]

[/quot

e]Those are neat.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#38]
With all the available high tech, and the brainpower that Taiwan has, its heartening to see them making their own defensive and offensive weapons without relying on someone else. They know they are their own best ally.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

That sounds pretty bad ass.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stanprophet09] [#40]
Page 4700 epic thread

Fail

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#41]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:
Page 4700 epic thread
View Quote

Not quite, I see 4699
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:07:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#42]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:
Page 4700 epic thread

Fail

View Quote

Try one more time
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Speaking of gas supplies... Copied from another forum:

European natural gas storage has now hit its winter 90% target almost three months early. They could hit 100% in a month's time. In lieu of that, traders started pumping excess into storage in Ukraine. It looks like they're indeed utilizing the Bliche-Volytsko-Uherske facility on the Polish/Slovakia border. This facility can store 17bcm, which is 4x larger than the largest storage site in Germany, and almost double the amount Ukraine has offered to Europe. The expectation is that 3.5bcm could be stored there by the end of November, which is a substantial swing amount. Given the spread in spot/futures prices, and the fees the Ukrainians are charging, this looks like a lucrative trade. Europe is still dragging its feet though, because while pipeline/compressor infrastructure risks remain, indemnification and RE from Brussels could speed up the process. As it stands, 20 TWh could flow to Ukraine on a monthly basis, which, nonetheless, is a significant chunk to meet swing demand in Europe during winter months. China's tepid recovery and moribund economy have kept a decent lid on nat-gas prices, but pumping more to Ukraine, despite the risks, would make sense to provide a buffer against an especially cold winter.
View Quote

Thats good news. At least Europe doesn't have to worry about winter again. And that will likely fuck russia more as they can't transit more gas to china and other places.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Germany: Secret Messages Document Moscow Contacts with Staffer of Far-Right AfD - DER SPIEGEL
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Germany: Secret Messages Document Moscow Contacts with Staffer of Far-Right AfD - DER SPIEGEL
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

View Quote

Mud season for Ukraine is usually October.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:28:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#48]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:39:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#49]
NATO official apologises over suggestion Ukraine could give up land for membership.

Ukraine alone decides when conditions are right for peace talks - NATO's Stoltenberg

NATO leadership seems to be retreating from comments made a few days ago. IMO, the idea that Ukraine should cede territory in order to join NATO has always struck me as being unrealistic. It would be absurdly difficult to pull off on a legislative and constitutional level, it would take quite a bit of time and require the approval of all members (Hungary alone would derail this), etc. Overall, I could easily see Ukraine being forced to acquise to Russian demands (Donbas and land bridge to Crimea) and still not getting into NATO.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:45:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4699 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top