Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4752 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tomislav:

So you and Biden say. Yet reality disagrees.

Stop funding Nuland's jihad to make Crimea Ukrainian, which it never was. It's just stupid at this point. Ukraine could have won this many months and thousands of lives ago.
View Quote

I guess I won't be seeing whatever drivel you post to my questions. This bullshit has earned you a spot on the ignore list. Fucking troll.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#2]

The reality of the situation is that the US is funneling billions of dollars of unaudited dollars into a country that paid Hunter millions of unaudited dollars.

America has much more pressing concerns. The war in Ukraine could be over this afternoon if they agreed to give up some bits that no Ukranian gives a fuck about. But I guess Nuland's opinion should drive the fate of the region?
View Quote

You are saying things that have been proven to be false. We've already done this lots of times.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Recent anecdotal evidence confirms!
View Quote
I've been saying that since March of 2022. It was plain as day to see what was coming
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Awesome, the opinion of a propaganda-gobbling millenial.

Meanwhile, inflation is crazy high, boys are getting their dicks cut off by their parents, political imprisonment is happening on a regular basis, and anti-white racism is pretty much de jure, but you hard chargers got a warboner for Urozhaine? Not sure some of you have your priorities straight...
View Quote

Lol. Ending aid to Ukraine would have zero effect on any of these.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:31:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#5]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I've been saying that since March of 2022. It was plain as day to see what was coming
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Recent anecdotal evidence confirms!

The useful idiots of the West are who Putin has his ultimate hope.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Ignore the

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:37:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#7]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Several versions of this story now,   some say they were mig-29's and now they were in L-39's?  Was he training new pilots? .
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
A well-known pilot with the call sign "Jus" and two other pilots died as a result of the collision of two Ukrainian planes on the evening of August 25 in the Zhytomyr Region.

According to UP sources, L-39 training planes collided in the Zhytomyr district, three pilots were killed. The publication turned to the press service of the Air Force Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for a comment. They noted that the official comment will be made later due to certain circumstances and the ongoing investigation.

The SBI has already started an investigation.

https://t.me/newspn/65189

Several versions of this story now,   some say they were mig-29's and now they were in L-39's?  Was he training new pilots? .

From the reports, that would be my guess.  Juice had a lot of flight time and missions under his belt, and apparently was going to go onto the F-16 training program.   It makes sense he would be training other pilots because of his real world experiences against the Russians on the front.  You also want to keep the Mig's running and not being worn out, so the training aircraft could be used for some roles.  We will have to see the official explanation.  Very sad to hear, especially of multiple dead pilots.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:38:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#8]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

One of the reasons that our Foreign Policy is such a mess is that we have folks who are living out safe domestic academic fantasies and insulated from immediate consequences are determining and executing our foreign policy.  Foreign and domestic policy really need to be separate, and the reason Ukraine happened in the first place folks got elected on feelings and hopes and not on reality.  Therefore, we get foreign and domestic policies from a bunch of over-educated goobers who lack the common sense God gave a field mouse and can't relate to anyone from outside their bubble and can't function outside their preconceptions.  Hence, we get our current Iran policy, our current US border policy, our Afghanistan policy, our current Middle Eastern policy, our economic policies, etc.  Screwing up US support of Ukraine and/or pulling out and letting the Russians win, as far as US interests are concerned, would be essentially screwing up the one occasion where the actions of this maladministration actually aligned somewhat with long-term US Foreign Policy interests.  Afghanistan is the living embodiment of what happens when you let strictly domestic concerns drive foreign policy.  The conservatives do not need a Saigon or Kabul Airport to their credit.  For the sake of our country, we need to better than the over-credentialed slack-jawed one-worlder goobers who generally end up running things when the left is in charge.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Considering that I was born post-1991, your assessment that I'm a crusty old Cold Warrior is, once again, totally detached from reality. I'm starting to notice a pattern here... In any event, I'm done engaging with you and derailing the thread. Good luck in all future endeavors.

Awesome, the opinion of a propaganda-gobbling millenial.

Meanwhile, inflation is crazy high, boys are getting their dicks cut off by their parents, political imprisonment is happening on a regular basis, and anti-white racism is pretty much de jure, but you hard chargers got a warboner for Urozhaine? Not sure some of you have your priorities straight...

The idea that “we can’t do X in our interests unless I have a list of my domestic grievances addressed” will never, ever end.
Our domestic problems are in our hands to address.  They have nothing to do with whether it is in our interests to aid Ukraine.
As to the trite “not one penny for Ukraine until X” argument…OK.
Did you cash any of the covid aid checks?  Yes?  Then YOU PERSONALLY are contributing to our problems on a couple orders of magnitude greater than the cost of aid to Ukraine.  FIVE trillion dollars all told, IIRC.  Or did you put your checks in the “build the wall to keep them Messicans out!” Fund?

I’m sorry you’ve allowed domestic political hatred to warp your mind.  I’ve seen it in a family member, and it’s sad.

One of the reasons that our Foreign Policy is such a mess is that we have folks who are living out safe domestic academic fantasies and insulated from immediate consequences are determining and executing our foreign policy.  Foreign and domestic policy really need to be separate, and the reason Ukraine happened in the first place folks got elected on feelings and hopes and not on reality.  Therefore, we get foreign and domestic policies from a bunch of over-educated goobers who lack the common sense God gave a field mouse and can't relate to anyone from outside their bubble and can't function outside their preconceptions.  Hence, we get our current Iran policy, our current US border policy, our Afghanistan policy, our current Middle Eastern policy, our economic policies, etc.  Screwing up US support of Ukraine and/or pulling out and letting the Russians win, as far as US interests are concerned, would be essentially screwing up the one occasion where the actions of this maladministration actually aligned somewhat with long-term US Foreign Policy interests.  Afghanistan is the living embodiment of what happens when you let strictly domestic concerns drive foreign policy.  The conservatives do not need a Saigon or Kabul Airport to their credit.  For the sake of our country, we need to better than the over-credentialed slack-jawed one-worlder goobers who generally end up running things when the left is in charge.

I never thought common sense would be a rare superpower in today's world.
Amen to that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Anyone basing their opinion of someone's qualification for being POTUS on 'what is best for Zelensky' is fucked in the head.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
Originally Posted By kpacman:
I don’t follow much of the R churn yet but saw this video exchange and was impressed that the crowd seemed to be cheering strongly for Haley’s points about Putin and Ukraine aid. Feel free to correct my impression if you follow this more than I.

I thought Nikki did a great job exposing Vivek's lack of international knowledge.

Nikki was UN ambassador, so she just ran circles around Vivek, especially regarding the Ukraine issue.

Vivek's proposal is to freeze the lines as they are. Allow Russia to keep the territory they have seized in return for a pledge to cease all hostilities.

This also comes with a promise to Russia that Ukraine WON'T be allowed to join NATO.

WTF?

So Vivek’s policy would be Give Russia everything it wants and hope for the best?

He is either an idiot or compromised to Russia. Glad he got soundly ridiculed.

NO!

Vivek is a businessman just like Trump, it's all about wheeling and dealing and that is what he thinks on how Russia can be treated.

I disagree.
He’s either
…completely clueless on the situation 18 months in.
…pandering to the what he thinks is the TRUMP demographic of “if Biden supports it, it must be bad!”
…a weak man who has allowed others to determine his moral compass.
None of these make a case for him to be president.

Anyone basing their opinion of someone's qualification for being POTUS on 'what is best for Zelensky' is fucked in the head.

Basing one's opinion on how someone comprehends and then acts on what's best for Ukraine is an incredibly valid decision point.  If this is his position on Ukraine--I hate to think what else he'll do.

For someone to either be so naive, stupid or compromised to have his opinion on Ukraine eliminates him from my consideration.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
What F-16s will do for Ukraine (and what they won't)
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Lol. Ending aid to Ukraine would have zero effect on any of these.
View Quote

It's a classic opinion, repeated many times. "We can't possibly address anything about foreign policy while our domestic issues are so bad." While not offering any plausible thoughts on addressing domestic issues, or the fact that foreign policy concerns aren't going to sit and wait while we sort out our own problems. Also ignoring the fact that some of our domestic issues are triggered by foreign policy problems, like GRU & FSB intelligence/information operations, Chinese espionage, etc.

And if DC is the #1 threat to liberty and justice, why do I not see headlines of massive protests in DC to shut down the government? Why do I never hear about people, individually or in groups, destroying government targets? Why is there no opposition leader putting together organizations and networks that resist, obstruct, and overturn FedGov? A bunch of buoys on the Rio Grande is about all that comes to mind on that, but it's one isolated action on one isolated issue.

But this thread is about Ukraine news and analysis, so we can safely mark posters like that as trolls, no matter how sincerely they hold their opinions. End thread drift.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:48:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#13]
Might be a fireworks factory, or ammo.

20 minutes ago.

Fireworks lol.

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

From the reports, that would be my guess.  Juice had a lot of flight time and missions under his belt, and apparently was going to go onto the F-16 training program.   It makes sense he would be training other pilots because of his real world experiences against the Russians on the front.  You also want to keep the Mig's running and not being worn out, so the training aircraft could be used for some roles.  We will have to see the official explanation.  Very sad to hear, especially of multiple dead pilots.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
A well-known pilot with the call sign "Jus" and two other pilots died as a result of the collision of two Ukrainian planes on the evening of August 25 in the Zhytomyr Region.

According to UP sources, L-39 training planes collided in the Zhytomyr district, three pilots were killed. The publication turned to the press service of the Air Force Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for a comment. They noted that the official comment will be made later due to certain circumstances and the ongoing investigation.

The SBI has already started an investigation.

https://t.me/newspn/65189

So originally, Ukrainian media outlet Tpyxa reported the story, then deleted it. Either they or the Russians, knowing Juice was a 29 pilot, made the assumption, but even people here said “he shoulda’ve been training people”, and that would make sense.

I think we’re pretty close to truth now.

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:50:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#15]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Especially the third impact was merciless. A lot of secondary explosions can be seen, too, indicating that ammunition was hit.

Watch until end.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#17]
It tears my soul that Mom Jeans and Little Fidel have bigger foreign policy balls than many of the supposed Republican candidates and shit posters. Ronnie we need your courage and vision to restore this wet noodle party.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I agree. Ukraine is VERY important for a lot of reasons. I would go volunteer there if I could. But MY KIDS live here in the USA and I dont want them to have to flee and leave everything, learn a new language and culture to avoid the rewards of communism like I did! Someone who is great on Ukraine yet fails to recognize the increasing pace of the US decline, or is afraid to fight against it, is a bigger threat to me than Putin.

Anyway, I'm an arfom denizen and I want BOTH: good strong foreign policy AND a good strong America First policy at home.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I agree. Ukraine is VERY important for a lot of reasons. I would go volunteer there if I could. But MY KIDS live here in the USA and I dont want them to have to flee and leave everything, learn a new language and culture to avoid the rewards of communism like I did! Someone who is great on Ukraine yet fails to recognize the increasing pace of the US decline, or is afraid to fight against it, is a bigger threat to me than Putin.

Anyway, I'm an arfom denizen and I want BOTH: good strong foreign policy AND a good strong America First policy at home.
View All Quotes

I know a lot of us here do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:03:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#22]

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-himars-cluster-rocket-boost-former-us-artillery-officer-2023-8

But what Kyiv's military needs now are DPICMs for HIMARS in the form of M26 or M26A1 rockets, Rice said. These 227 mm rockets are packed with around 650 and 500 submunitions, respectively, which is a substantial increase over the nearly 90 submunitions that Ukraine's current cluster munitions contain.
View Quote

Now remember the Tweets I posted from the Ukrainian Officer, they now said they can do this, "Thanks to something that arrived from our Western partners."  A weapon that can reach the Russians further from the front line than standard HIMARS range.

I suspect GLSDB has arrived.   These additional cluster munitions would put a hurt on the Russians within 60km of the front while GLSDB pounds stuff out to 150 km, and allows for more ordinance to be used at the various ranges to deal with the threats better.

Also, the round supplied might be the M30 dpicm variant, or one of the later DPICM extended range variants.  They are GPS guided, and have a lower dud rate, and a 2019 document says we have a stockpile of it along with Saudi Arabia.

Right now, Ukraine's HIMARS are consuming solid projectile rockets that are quite lethal. But Kyiv only has a limited number of them, and they're in high demand. For this reason, HIMARS rockets aren't used against individual Russian artillery pieces and are instead fired sporadically at higher-value targets, Rice said.

"What would happen if we gave them DPICM rockets would be that it would actually be used at a tactical level. So your HIMARS systems could now go after front-line battalions," he said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#23]

The reality of the situation is that the US is funneling billions of dollars of unaudited dollars into a country that paid Hunter millions of unaudited dollars.

America has much more pressing concerns. The war in Ukraine could be over this afternoon if they agreed to give up some bits that no Ukranian gives a fuck about. But I guess Nuland's opinion should drive the fate of the region?
View Quote

What bits? You promise Russia will be good from now on?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

The iny league is a scourge on humanity.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#25]

I guess I won't be seeing whatever drivel you post to my questions. This bullshit has earned you a spot on the ignore list. Fucking troll.
View All Quotes

Stop funding Nuland's jihad to make Crimea Ukrainian, which it never was. It's just stupid at this point. Ukraine could have won this many months and thousands of lives ago.

You should have done it long ago man.

Life is better after IGNORE, REPORT, and reason: FUCKEN TROLL.

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:12:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#26]

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#27]
You promise Russia will be good from now on?
View Quote

We've done that several times previously. "Now will be different." isn't going to fly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Right now.

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Is it really trolling or is it someone trying to be witty and smarter than they are?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#30]
They are saying the Wagner graves are being made into a military cemetary and the videos from yesterday were out of context.

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Is it really trolling or is it someone trying to be witty and smarter than they are?
View All Quotes

Why waste brain cells figuring it out. Just push the easy button.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Ukraine War Update NEWS (20230826b): Pt 2 - Overnight & Other News
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Trolling. Nothing witty was posted.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

It is a strange theory that the USA is the driving force behind this war. I see and hear it among Russian propaganda.

In reality the USA sold out then abandoned Ukraine. Probably a deal between FBHO and Medvedev/Putin during the old "I'll have more flexibility after the election" truth bomb. Maybe Putin was given a green light on Crimea..."if the Russian speaking people agree and have a referendum, we will not interfere...". Then we repeated the talking points about how the 2014 invasion was just an internal struggle between Ukrainians, while embargoing all weapons sales and sending blankets and MRE's. Then Trump upset the apple cart in 2016, then Zelensky gets elected, the fateful phone call resulting in the all-hands-on-deck impeachment. Then Xiden with the eager and enthusiastic offer for a ride out. Oh but we are sending 31 Abrams eventually so "obviously" the US is hell bent on cranking the meatgrinder? I could more easily see FBHO/Biden more like Ribbentrop in the deal with Molotov/Stalin than trying to fight long wars.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Speaking of Defeatism, Surrender Monkeys, and Russian Talking Points…he who knows not when to keep silent but rather shoots both feet after sticking them in mouth!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3210-2932352.jpg

He really should have a dog collar and assless chaps—as should all those who parrot Russian narratives.

You know Putin is worried and anxious when a wave of posters start blathering QUIT, NEGOTIATE, HELP THE SPOTTED DODGER NOT UKRAINE!  You realize how many puppies can be saved for the cost of one cluster munition?!
View Quote

Just a couple of pages ago, one very astute poster, mentioned that as the Russian lines weaken, the loud cries and demands for a ceasefire and negotiations will also increase. Along with trolls agitating for surrender...

I can almost hear the phone call from Putin to Orban..."put some pressure on these assholes to negotiate, we are about to break"...
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#36]
It tears my soul that Mom Jeans and Little Fidel have bigger foreign policy balls than many of the supposed Republican candidates and shit posters. Ronnie we need your courage and vision to restore this wet noodle party.
View Quote

Hopefully the last time I agree with that crooked asshole Romney. iirc he has some kids working in Burisma-type companies over there...
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#37]

...They have done more to root out corruption since the election of Zelensky than anyone in our govt has in 20 years. What exactly does sending weapons that are in storage to Ukraine have to do with "pressing concerns" here? What do you mean unaudited? Everything is audited, right down the last obsolete M113 we are sending.

Sorry, but rewarding russia for violating international laws and treaties is off the table. The great thing about this country is I get a vote to cancel yours out, and I will do what I can to see Ukraine gets what they need to remove that scum from their borders and see that they don't try again for a long time, if ever.

Sending a fraction of our defense budget that was designed for this scenario without expending the lives of our troops is the bargain of the century.
View Quote

bravo sir
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#38]

I actually somewhat agree.
It’s really sad.  Russia fucked up the easiest fucking game on the planet and fucked their own population.  In the long run they’re going to have it worse, probably much worse, than the Ukrainians.  Because Russia shat in the gravy train and everyone around them is going to get even.
No one is going to invade Russia, but after the next war Russia will cease to exist in its current form.  They’ve burned too many bridges running the “we’re going to out-barbarian the mongol horde” game.  And I agree that Putin’s brand of Russian Imperial Fascism isn’t going away.  His immediate successor will probably be inward-focused, but that won’t last, at which point we’re looking at a repeat of 1923-1938 with a weaker but probably less rational and more dangerous Russia.
You have a weakened state with strong internal tensions in a world that wants the stuff they have.
Every educated Russian should curse Putin’s name.
View Quote

I agree also. They are fucked long-term. If a reasonable and moderate leader emerges somehow (miracle) then they may recover in some form but a moderate leader will not hold the country in one piece. They are headed for a breakup. Easy like '91 or hard like Yugoslavia '93.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#40]

It is a strange theory that the USA is the driving force behind this war. I see and hear it among Russian propaganda.

In reality the USA sold out then abandoned Ukraine. Probably a deal between FBHO and Medvedev/Putin during the old "I'll have more flexibility after the election" truth bomb. Maybe Putin was given a green light on Crimea..."if the Russian speaking people agree and have a referendum, we will not interfere...". Then we repeated the talking points about how the 2014 invasion was just an internal struggle between Ukrainians, while embargoing all weapons sales and sending blankets and MRE's. Then Trump upset the apple cart in 2016, then Zelensky gets elected, the fateful phone call resulting in the all-hands-on-deck impeachment. Then Xiden with the eager and enthusiastic offer for a ride out. Oh but we are sending 31 Abrams eventually so "obviously" the US is hell bent on cranking the meatgrinder? I could more easily see FBHO/Biden more like Ribbentrop in the deal with Molotov/Stalin than trying to fight long wars.
View All Quotes

Morons with little understanding outside their state borders (if that) talk about it as a USA, Ukraine vs Russia conflict.

These dipshits compare it to Vietnam (although US troops won’t fight Russia).

They completely ignore ALL of eastern Europe including all the Nordic countries, all the Baltics, CZ, Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, and ESPECIALLY Poland are far more against Russia than the U.S. Their populations much more solidified against standing up to Russia and supporting Ukraine. They’ve donated and given more support by percentage than the US by far.

These fools think that if the US stopped all support at this moment it would stop LOL.

UK, France, all of Eastern Europe would continue.

The UK has had much bigger balls than the US in support of Ukrainian operations.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:48:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fervid_dryfire] [#41]

MICE.
It doesn’t all have to be ideology.  Throw some money at someone who feels hard done by, and you have MCE right there.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
Another Russian agent near Bakhmut. Life in prison likely. I think former residents of Bakhmut and gold star families out to get first crack at her.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3200-2931639.jpg

The perpetrator turned out to be a teacher from one of the lyceums in Kramatorsk, who worked for the main directorate of the general staff of the armed forces of the russion federation.

The court chose a preventive measure for her in the form of detention. The investigation is ongoing. The perpetrator faces life imprisonment.

Even their teachers are or act traitorous?

Sadly there have been plenty of Russian collaborators in the UA military, politics, and general population. Security services are scooping them up but a lot to sift through while also waging a war of survival and trying hard to demonstrate to EU that they obey the rule of law and don’t perform summary executions on the spot.

MICE.
It doesn’t all have to be ideology.  Throw some money at someone who feels hard done by, and you have MCE right there.

What is MICE?  What is MCE?  I don't understand your point at all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Trolling. Nothing witty was posted.
View Quote

The usual, low info, talking point riddled, edgy drek meant to appeal to people afraid of big numbers and jews presented in a condescending tone and based off of an ignorantly assumed take with the context forcefully driven out.

And while I am loathe to embellish further on the subject there does seem to be a pattern of these types of interruptions when it comes to their tone and phrasing and content that is possibly worthy of some ponderance.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:51:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#43]
I didn't get out of the boat, but I did look in the water.  Boggles my mind how...mistaken...some folk can be.  Emphasis mine.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/How-is-thermal-used-operationally-/18-546357/#i5989802
Originally Posted By NorthernLightning:
Yeah we're probably more in agreement than disagreement. Mass produced high quality thermal is pretty much a brand new phenomenon, like last 2 years basically. So there's not going to be any kind of Baseline Doctrine about when/where/how/why thermal should be used in comparison to night vision in this modern first world thermal-saturated battlefield.

Pretty much every NATO weapon we send over to Ukraine is being exposed as fraudulent in one way or another. The M-777 was designed to shoot-and-scoot in 3rd World GWOT scenarios, not built to be reliable and fired at any kind of high volume as this war requires.

The Abrams tank hasn't been sent over yet, probably because of fear of it being exposed like the Leopard 2 and Challenger. The Abrams is visible from space with thermal satellites because it uses jet turbine for an engine.

The HIMARS worked great for a couple weeks, until Russia studied it and programmed their anti-air systems for the flight pattern of the HIMARS.  And the Patriot system has been shut down since it got wrecked within 30 minutes of turning on the radar 5 months ago.

Moving/advancing/raiding while under thermal surveillance from Russia/China is completely different from what any pre-existing GWOT doctrine had in mind.  Even the F-35 probably would have never gone into production if they had real war with real peer adversary in mind.

If I was dragged to the front line in Ukraine and told to advance on Russian positions, and I had the choice of any night vision or a basic IRay thermal monocular, I'd take the thermal and just use a regular flashlight to run as fast as possible.  The thermal could be used to detect the enemy, so as to adjust my advance on their position in a more informed way. The thermal could even be used for spotting (thermal) drones overhead, to better time my advance.

Nobody on the Russian side is looking for the white light of a $5 flashlight out in the distance after dark. It's all thermal.

View Quote

And this gem from the same dude:

This is why Ukraine has over a million casualties, and 400,000 dead, and a fresh 50,000 dead from this complete failure of a recent/ongoing counter-offensive. The night vision isn't helping the Ukrainians one iota, nor are the Leopard 2s, the Bradleys, the Challengers, and the Strykers.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

I wonder if the usual gang of suspects in GD that gets outraged anytime Ukraine does something they don't like will also give this high exposure.
View Quote
The sophist job is to promote and inflate selected news. So no this won't be hyped by them, mostly because the successful talking points can't be tied in with the story. Now if someone was to copy paste the story but change the Russian stuff to Ukraine you would see the normal flood of talking points and the continued use of playing victim that is very prevalent right now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Croak:
I didn't get out of the boat, but I did look in the water.  Boggles my mind how...mistaken...some folk can be.  Emphasis mine.

View All Quotes

Yeah we're probably more in agreement than disagreement. Mass produced high quality thermal is pretty much a brand new phenomenon, like last 2 years basically. So there's not going to be any kind of Baseline Doctrine about when/where/how/why thermal should be used in comparison to night vision in this modern first world thermal-saturated battlefield.

Pretty much every NATO weapon we send over to Ukraine is being exposed as fraudulent in one way or another. The M-777 was designed to shoot-and-scoot in 3rd World GWOT scenarios, not built to be reliable and fired at any kind of high volume as this war requires.

The Abrams tank hasn't been sent over yet, probably because of fear of it being exposed like the Leopard 2 and Challenger. The Abrams is visible from space with thermal satellites because it uses jet turbine for an engine.

The HIMARS worked great for a couple weeks, until Russia studied it and programmed their anti-air systems for the flight pattern of the HIMARS.  And the Patriot system has been shut down since it got wrecked within 30 minutes of turning on the radar 5 months ago.

Moving/advancing/raiding while under thermal surveillance from Russia/China is completely different from what any pre-existing GWOT doctrine had in mind.  Even the F-35 probably would have never gone into production if they had real war with real peer adversary in mind.

If I was dragged to the front line in Ukraine and told to advance on Russian positions, and I had the choice of any night vision or a basic IRay thermal monocular, I'd take the thermal and just use a regular flashlight to run as fast as possible.  The thermal could be used to detect the enemy, so as to adjust my advance on their position in a more informed way. The thermal could even be used for spotting (thermal) drones overhead, to better time my advance.

Nobody on the Russian side is looking for the white light of a $5 flashlight out in the distance after dark. It's all thermal.

This is why Ukraine has over a million casualties, and 400,000 dead, and a fresh 50,000 dead from this complete failure of a recent/ongoing counter-offensive. The night vision isn't helping the Ukrainians one iota, nor are the Leopard 2s, the Bradleys, the Challengers, and the Strykers.

Holy shit.

Either a mental ward had a mass breakout or staff needs to start checking IP locations.

lol. That’s about as hilariously bad as it gets.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#46]

The idea that “we can’t do X in our interests unless I have a list of my domestic grievances addressed” will never, ever end.
Our domestic problems are in our hands to address.  They have nothing to do with whether it is in our interests to aid Ukraine.
As to the trite “not one penny for Ukraine until X” argument…OK.
Did you cash any of the covid aid checks?  Yes?  Then YOU PERSONALLY are contributing to our problems on a couple orders of magnitude greater than the cost of aid to Ukraine.  FIVE trillion dollars all told, IIRC.  Or did you put your checks in the “build the wall to keep them Messicans out!” Fund?

I’m sorry you’ve allowed domestic political hatred to warp your mind.  I’ve seen it in a family member, and it’s sad.
View Quote

Very true. 99% of our domestic problems are intentional. Xiden and gang are actually spending extra money to keep the border wall construction halted. When a State like Texas takes steps to secure the border, DOJ spends money to sue them, get them to STOP securing the border. There are countless examples of this.

It could be a logical argument to argue that the more money we send to Ukraine, the LESS money "we" will have to destroy our country.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#47]

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/How-is-thermal-used-operationally-/18-546357/#i5989802

View Quote

My god someone saw Mark's old postings and decided his life goal was to be worse than him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Russian source-

https://t.me/milinfolive/105591
View Quote

Hard core fight. Those auto grenade launchers like the AGS17 and Mk19 seem to be the perfect fusion of small arms and HE arty. I would NOT like to be on the receeiving end!
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Vivek stated on SRS one or both of his parents were liberal, cant remember which. I know the father is for sure.
View Quote

Interesting. If it was his father, then I think that IS disqualifying. For a female to be a liberal is understandable. It's their nature.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#50]

I wonder if the usual gang of suspects in GD that gets outraged anytime Ukraine does something they don't like will also give this high exposure.
View All Quotes
Putin instructed to use the labor of children to cope with the "staff shortage" in the economy

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the removal of restrictions on the work of minors in order to cope with a shortage of workers in an economy estimated by authorities to be in the hundreds of thousands.

The government and the Agency for Strategic Initiatives should consider "promoting employment and stimulating employment" of citizens aged 14 and over, according to a list of Putin's instructions published on the Kremlin's website.

Teenagers, according to the idea of   the president, can be attracted to perform "temporary work", and organizations that do this can be given benefits. In addition, the hiring of citizens under the age of 18 should be simplified, according to Putin's instructions.

According to the Gaidar Institute, after the mobilization, the shortage of personnel in Russian factories reached a record since 1996: 42% of enterprises complain about the lack of employees.

According to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the economy lacks 660,000 workers. The personnel resource has been exhausted "both locally and strategically," Valery Osmakov, deputy head of the department, said in July.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/15294

It funny how the "not pro Russia" side never post anything critical of Russia. I wonder why that is.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4752 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top