Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4837 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/9/2023 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
I am so confused with the Armenia/Azerbaijan conflict. I thought although both are in the CTSO that Azerbaijan was the one more favored by Moscow and its Islamic neighbors to the south? They just gave the finger to Moscow!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3619-2948558.jpg
View Quote

Armenia is claiming Nagorno-Karabakh the way Russia claims Donbass. Azerbaijan has a significant Armenian population there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I am so confused with the Armenia/Azerbaijan conflict. I thought although both are in the CTSO that Azerbaijan was the one more favored by Moscow and its Islamic neighbors to the south? They just gave the finger to Moscow!
View Quote

Yeah, it’s weird. The Azeris have seemed more friendly, I think even sending aid a few times. Armenia was trying to suck up to Moscow and then figured they were screwed either way.

Link Posted: 9/9/2023 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Armenia = Russia (although that seems to be on the outs)
Azerbaijan = Turkey+

The Azeris have a bunch of Soviet/Russian equipment but they are looking elsewhere for modernizations and new equipment. During the 2020 conflict, Azerbaijans use of Bayraktar drones pretty much became an advertising piece. They turned to Israel for a lot of stuff including SAM systems and radars, Spike ATGMs, and some theater missiles.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Azerbaijan = Turkey+

The Azeris have a bunch of Soviet/Russian equipment but they are looking elsewhere for modernizations and new equipment. During the 2020 conflict, Azerbaijans use of Bayraktar drones pretty much became an advertising piece. They turned to Israel for a lot of stuff including SAM systems and radars, Spike ATGMs, and some theater missiles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Azerbaijan = Turkey+

To add a bit of economics.

Azerbaijan = a fuck ton of oil (and almost 3x GDP or Armenia)
Armenia = no oil
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

No. Russia supported the Armenians by supplying weapons in the first Karabakh war in the 1990ths which Armenia largely won. Azerbaijan was supported by Turkey. That war caused really ugly ethnic slaughter in Azerbaijan and border regions of Armenia. Garry Kasparov who is often quoted here was born in Baku, and his family being Armenian had to flee the pogroms.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 11:38:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thanosnap] [#6]
View Quote

Nah. Russia's had trouble just holding on the the North Caucasus (Dagestan, Chechnya, Ossetia, etc) as part of Russia because they aren't ethnic Russians, but Russia would like to control territory up to the Caucasus mountains:

Below the Caucasus Mountains, in the South Caucasus (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan) Russia is lucky just to have them under their thumb. So they side with neither Armenia or Azerbaijan, because Azerbaijan is the stronger country and they don't want to lose influence there. And Armenia is the weaker country they have more influence in and don't want to go away. But they're losing influence in both dictatorship countries (as well as Turkey), especially since Russia has been weakened. The North Caucasus is next.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 11:41:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#7]
Cool video of turning fired artillery shells into cast tokens for sale to raise funds for drones.

Token sales page

Link Posted: 9/9/2023 11:45:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thanosnap] [#8]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

No. Russia supported the Armenians by supplying weapons in the first Karabakh war in the 1990ths which Armenia largely won. Azerbaijan was supported by Turkey. That war caused really ugly ethnic slaughter in Azerbaijan and border regions of Armenia. Garry Kasparov who is often quoted here was born in Baku, and his family being Armenian had to flee the pogroms.
View Quote

Russia supplies the majority of weapons to both countries, but Azerbaijan is more willing to buy elsewhere (maybe because they are more wealthy.)
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#9]

That's all I got. Watch for yourself.

Vladimir Solovyov and Alex Jones: deleted footage and cringiest moments
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:08:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87RqbumdrCY
View Quote
-I saw some  of this earlier.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:15:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#11]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87RqbumdrCY

I've seen it on Twitter through the day. Haven't watched it yet. Watching it now.

ETA: I can feel my brain dying.

ETA2: This must be what huffing spray paint is like.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:30:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

I've seen it on Twitter through the day. Haven't watched it yet. Watching it now.

ETA: I can feel my brain dying.

ETA2: This must be what huffing spray paint is like.[/quo

te]I haven't finished it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:35:03 AM EDT
[#13]
lol, Alexi Jonsekov is real
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
lol, Alexi Jonsekov is real
View Quote

If only we could have seen below the desk. I bet Jones had only his very best kneepads on.

It's sad when Solovyov is quite clearly the more intelligent and in control of the two.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:35:29 AM EDT
[#15]
So when is Ukraine gonna start putting tiger mouths on those cardboard drones?
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:52:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Armenia is claiming Nagorno-Karabakh the way Russia claims Donbass. Azerbaijan has a significant Armenian population there.
View All Quotes

NO..... Nagorno is ARMENIA, they were one of the 1st kingdoms and people to convert to Christianity.

Bartholomew and Thaddeus both apostles to Christ built the 1st churches in Nagorno-Karabakh, monasteries have survived their for thousands of years despite the constant Turkish intrusion. The monks and church officials worked out deals until the Soviet Union came about and mixed everything up.

Nagorno is ARMENIA and is the SPIRITUAL home of Armenia just like Kosovo is the spiritual home of Serbia and no greater than Erdely Transylvania is the spiritual ancestral home of Hungary and now is in Romania.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:07:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#17]
But, again, if you are talking about six months, seven months, a year, and you think that this is a long period, then it is quite likely that you will be right,” the head of Ukrainian intelligence noted.

🇺🇦 Donbass Operational
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:10:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thanosnap] [#18]
View Quote

OK I just read up on the news and figured out what you're talking about... the middle finger to Moscow means Azerbaijan is probably going to invade Armenia again, and Moscow (the guarantor of peace in the region) is now unable to do anything about it. In fact Azerbaijan will be backed by Turkey. And honestly, the US doesn't give a shit about the Middle East anymore. Iran hurt us with an oil embargo in the 70s, but because of fracking, shale oil and off-shore, we're now a net exporter of oil. And we're sick of the region. So, we're gonna let it happen.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:35:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#19]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

I'm interested in these questions, too. Perhaps Easterner can give some insight, as I believe he is an instructor with the international legion. I recall that CivDiv said that at this point, there are less than a thousand westerners that are consistently going to the front and fighting. I would imagine that Belarusians, Poles, Georgians, Chechens, etc. significantly outnumber Westerners. Gentlemanfarmer said something to that tune, and he also said that at least in the relatively early days of the war, there were a lot of issues with Western volunteers blatantly misrepresenting their experience.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
I've got a bunch of questions in regards to foreign fighters who are serving in Ukraine ---- how they are organized, how they are distributed, how they are utilized.

One thing quickly becomes apparent when looking at this subject. There are a plethora of different nationalities fighting for Ukraine. It also appears there are a wide range of experience levels among these volunteers. There are some former spec ops types running around over there. You have lots of GWOT vets from the west. There are prior service guys without combat experience. And there also seems to be volunteers with no prior military experience at all. Likewise, it seems there are multiple pipelines these volunteers might get put into once in country. Some go direct to the foreign legion units. Others seem to end up attached to regular Ukrainian units. Some go to the territorial defense units.

Given such a wide range of experience levels, different languages, different skill sets, how does the Ukrainian military determine where is the best place to send these volunteers? And once they arrive at their units, how are they organized? Do they generally just mix all of the nationalities together or do they try to organize them in a manner which they serve with people of the same nationality, or at least speak the same language? I can't even begin to imagine what a nightmare it would be trying to lead a platoon size unit in combat if the members within that platoon speak all sorts of different languages. For this reason, I would imagine they try to group Americans, Brits, Canadians, Aussies, etc. together as much as possible.

And finally, does anyone even have a good idea of just how many foreigners are fighting for Ukraine in total? I've seen some figures that suggest there may be as many as 20,000 or even 30.000 foreign volunteers in-country at any given time. Given enough people, I think it would be awesome to see entire brigades formed around the basis of nationality. How cool would it be to have an all British brigade? A Canadian brigade? An American brigade? And when I say all American, Canadian, or whatever, I'm talking about a unit organized from top to bottom with people of that nationality, even the brigade leadership. It would seem this method would yield a more effective, cohesive fighting force while still keeping the unit under Ukrainian corps level command.

I'm interested in these questions, too. Perhaps Easterner can give some insight, as I believe he is an instructor with the international legion. I recall that CivDiv said that at this point, there are less than a thousand westerners that are consistently going to the front and fighting. I would imagine that Belarusians, Poles, Georgians, Chechens, etc. significantly outnumber Westerners. Gentlemanfarmer said something to that tune, and he also said that at least in the relatively early days of the war, there were a lot of issues with Western volunteers blatantly misrepresenting their experience.

@Jaehaerys
@Charging_Handle

International Volunteers are supposed to speak English with us. That doesn't mean we don't get people that struggle with the language. The issues arise with training if someone can't understand the instructions they are given. If by the end of training people are having issues with the training, language, or general use of firearms, they get held back and go through more training. The process works more like a selection course at this point. People's strengths and weaknesses are identified and noted. Any signs of bad attitudes or general failures to follow orders result in removal from the program entirely.

Once volunteers complete training they are allowed to make requests for their unit placement. This is where Spanish, French, English,..., etc. speakers may get grouped together. Recently people that do not seem a good fit for infantry may get pushed into logistics, drivers, and others roles as well. We don't expect everyone to be prepared for what they are asking to do. We actually try to encourage people to leave if they aren't a good fit.

Once deployed these groups may work directly with Ukrainian Battalions. Those with Ukrainian and Russian language skills are at an advantage to understand the assignments better in the field and communicate with the units they interact with.

As far as numbers I can't really say. Initially as mentioned, many embellished their experience, but these guys can be discovered in training when someone may be poor at CQB, troop formations, movement, and shooting skills. The truth eventually comes out, and a lot of those that seem to be padding their resumes wash out early on. There are plenty of legit people that can call them out on the BS they state. Background checks can also identify potential problems.

Anyone that spends enough time in Ukraine can easily see the many foreigners here. They stick out and are easy to spot. We are not the one stop shop for foreign service. There is the Georgian Legion and others like it. Many skip training and work their way to the front with or without the proper training. Often that is to their disadvantage. Personally I enjoy the many different perspectives here, guest instructors back from the front, and knowledge available here. One can never know too much. Hope that answered some questions.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 3:54:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#20]

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 4:04:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Arrests began in Cuba of those who recruited mercenaries for the Eref.

According to the representative of the Main Directorate of Criminal Investigations, among the 17 detainees are three key organizers of the scheme to find Cubans to participate in the war against Ukraine.

Arrested persons may be sentenced to up to 30 years in prison, life imprisonment or the death penalty. The type of punishment will depend on the severity of the crime.

"Cuba takes a firm and clear historical position against mercenaries and plays an active role in the UN in rejecting the aforementioned practice," the local Foreign Ministry said.
Reuters

https://t.me/The3rdForceUA/19687

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 4:14:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#22]
A “Baba Yaga” drone drop.

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1700583711077552428

Two 2A6s shooting at positions in Robotyne
https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1700778447025373650

Witch’s brigade.

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 4:50:48 AM EDT
[#23]

The source of the Cheka-OGPU told an absolutely amazing story, which has a lot of confirmation. Ramzan Kadyrov blamed the sharp deterioration in his health on the ex-Minister of Health of the republic, who at the time of the events held the post of Deputy Prime Minister of Chechnya, Elkhan Suleymanov. Since then, no one has seen him again (absolutely everyone says that he is no longer alive and that he died a painful death), and on the website of Suleymanov’s main brainchild - the State Budgetary Institution “Republican Oncology Dispensary” of Chechnya - they are now selling cocaine in Dubai.

Several interlocutors of the Cheka-OGPU, familiar with the situation, said that when Kadyrov’s health began to deteriorate sharply and unexpectedly, the entourage of the head of Chechnya began to assure him that he had become a victim of poisoning. Kadyrov himself adhered to the same version, and he directed his anger at Suleymanov. According to the source, Suleymanov personally gave some injections to Kadyrov, and he decided that the deterioration in health was due to them. As a result, he was removed from the post of Deputy Prime Minister overnight in October 2022 and has not been seen since.

There is plenty of evidence for this. On Suleymanov’s Instagram page, which he previously updated almost daily, the last post dates back to October 2022. Suleymanov previously often appeared in educational and medical institutions in Moscow, but he was also not seen there for almost a year. The most remarkable thing is that on Suleymanov’s Instagram page, onkochr.ru is indicated as his Internet page - this is the page of the Republican Oncology Dispensary, Suleymanov’s main and favorite brainchild. If you follow this link now, there is a page offering cocaine in Dubai. It is noteworthy that, according to the source, Kadyrov periodically undergoes treatment for alleged “poisoning” in Dubai.

Interlocutors of the Cheka-OGPU in the republic say that no one there has seen Suleymanov since October 2022, and there is talk that he was brutally killed and buried alive in the ground.

“If Kadyrov really suspected Suleymanov of poisoning, then we are unlikely to see him alive. If we are talking about something else, then he may be in captivity and they will show him on camera,” our interlocutor believes.

Suleymanov was a rarity in Kadyrov’s entourage. Firstly, Suleymanov is not a Chechen by nationality, but a Lezgin (born in Baku). Secondly, he is a professional. Suleymanov, a professor, specialist in surgery and oncology, worked in Germany and Moscow, and since 2014, he actually began to serve as one of Kadyrov’s personal doctors. At various times he was an adviser to the head of Chechnya, and the Minister of Health, and Deputy Prime Minister. Suleymanov’s main and favorite brainchild in Chechnya was the “Republican Oncology Dispensary”.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/41685

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 6:11:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Russian Telegram

Continuation of earlier 13 post.
DSHR Rusich writes:

View from below. Disadvantages of the military system identified during the work of the unit in the Northern Military District

If you want soldiers to fight normally, you need to provide them with a fight. Namely:

1. Commanders must bear responsibility for the unreasonable losses of soldiers and equipment (which are often simply thrown in good condition to the enemy, and no one is imprisoned for this). How should a soldier fight when he is driven forward by threats of being put in prison by those who will not bear any responsibility for losses? And there were cases when a regiment lost its combat effectiveness within a month, storming an enemy company stronghold every other day with a maximum of a platoon, which, of course, was not enough to capture).

2. Normal planning of combat operations, which almost no one does. “Just go there even faster, faster.” The personnel do not know the situation, there are no maps, there is no understanding of planned goals, normal communication, there is no understanding of the task.

3. There is no normal evacuation of both living fighters and evacuation of the dead. Honey. groups of assholes sit at “zero” and wait for the infantry to bring them a wounded man, while evacuation groups should fly, preferably in armored vehicles, and not on loaves, to the very front of the positions. In the meantime, they offer the soldiers who hold positions under fire to drag the wounded 3-5 km to a point where they can be safely picked up. Of course, the fighters have no desire to go forward or hold positions until the last minute, knowing that they can be evacuated for too long (and there are positions from which they can only begin to be evacuated at night). It’s the same story with the dead. Recently, an allied group entered a position 700 meters from the delivery point (at night you can drive straight to this position) and saw at least 7 of our dead there, whom they did not even think about carrying out for several days. This of course greatly increases motivation and morale. And it’s normal when people refuse to complete a task knowing that there will be no evacuation.

4. Normal transportation is necessary, and the situation with it is the same as with evacuation. They threw it out at zero and dragged it back several kilometers from there. Just like transporting personnel to the front line, the enemy drives infantry fighting vehicles right to the front line, disembarks them and leaves - we observed a situation where a support worker asked for help urgently, as a result, they spent 2 hours looking for someone to bring to them and another 5 hours before them We walked (we didn’t get there because the support man was already busy). There are no reserves that will be on the equipment, knowing the route, to promptly call in to help.

5. Counter-battery warfare is often absent. The commanders think that the infantry must sit and endure the blows of the enemy artillery and still walk under them on untrenched plantings. Not only do the counter-battery stations in terms of operating range do not correspond to the technical characteristics of enemy weapons, the firing range of our self-propelled guns is inferior to the firing range of enemy guns, the accuracy of our weapons is low, there are few Krasnopol shells and there is almost nothing to illuminate with them, since the Orlanov-30 (from which target illumination is provided) for the army there are only a few units, but there are no Excalibur-type projectiles, but the Tornado-S is less resistant to enemy electronic warfare than HIMARS and the deflection of the adjusted projectile can be 700 and 1000 meters.

(end to follow)

(end, start above)

6. There is often no communication. “Azart” does not correspond to the declared characteristics, there are no regular repeaters for it (they say they have made it, but it’s not commercially available), the frequency converter mode drops, there is a shortage of stations. Various digital connections supplied by volunteers or purchased by the military are often impossible to connect between different models (and which can be connected, often each unit sets its own keys and frequencies, and the head of communications of the unit is not at all interested in who is sitting on what and what means the neighbors use). And the work of the communications platoons themselves (which are in every battalion) - they do not crawl like in World War II with a reel under fire, but sit in Pologi or the Petrovsky district of Donetsk and drink vodka. Although when there is no communication, they should immediately run to their units and fix the problem. Well, there is no space and satellite communications either at the company level or at the battalion level (and the enemy also has it at the platoon level).
View Quote

7. Pay the fighters money for damaged equipment. It was not the fighters who came up with the payments, but the Defense Ministry, but no one receives this money. There are friends, an ATGM crew, who destroyed 13 units under Rabotino and did not receive a penny of reward for it (and Konashenkov has to account for millions of killed Nazis, hundreds of shot down death stars and at least 12 shot down Supermen, and for this the state should allocate funds, but they are going in the wrong direction).

8. Give state awards to those who deserve them, and not to those who lick the commander’s ass. They are often handed out to their sneaks (the driver of the brigade commander received the Order of Sodomy for nothing, and for 10 damaged Mavik-3s they gave out 2 Orders of Courage), and the guys sit for six months without awards and no longer want them (since they have lost their value) .

9. Give them normal, high-quality equipment in the right quantities. Now they issue relatively good VKPO 3.0 uniforms (not for everyone yet) and passable Chinese SVM helmets. The rest rests on volunteers, and many more items are needed (from thermal imagers and vehicles to mask networks and sleeping bags).

10. Change the standards of support for doctors, as well as for front-line hospitals and clinics. They receive the same amount of medicine as for peacetime. Volunteers are FUCKED OF fulfilling the duties of the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Defense, in addition to the offices they are sent to three well-known letters with such questions.

11. The state needs the support of various private design bureaus that produce remote ATGM guidance systems that integrate thermal imaging surveillance modules on equipment, etc. That is, what is relevant to the front now, but many design bureaus do not have time to deal with such trifles.

Start following these steps and you will be very surprised at the changed attitude of people.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/18799

Why are you upset? What's wrong?

Never mind. When some guys write to you in a personal message that their last Kamaz truck in the battalion has died, others try to complain that the wired connection in the regiment is not working and they can’t fix it, even though there’s not much inclination to rejoice.

Well, you're like, okay. These are all particulars. You call your friend and say, how are you?

And he told you: “I’m communicating with the mothers of the dead guys, they want to find a winch to pull their sons out of the ground.”

Sons. From scratch. Winch. To bury.

You may object: what you want is war.

Yes. But if this is a war, then let everyone think about the winch and Kamaz, about communications and the mothers of the dead, and not about how to sell steel and oil from Russian factories to Ukrainians through Poland.

ZHIVOVZ

https://t.me/zhivoff/10839

The last battle of Yakov Yannov and the endless war of his mother

Yannov Yakov Yuryevich, born December 7, 1995, call sign Chunya, 51st orb, assigned to military unit 47043 Southern Military District. He died on June 9 at 9 a.m., they were breaking through a ring for those who were surrounded, we have messages from the guys with foreheads, the chief medical officer contacted us, in the sanitary log it was 200, the evacuation group could not reach them, there was a double encirclement, they raised the bird, witnesses there is.

The Ministry of Defense informed us every three days that he was not on the bad lists, then they made a request to the payroll department, since June 1, the salary was not generated, which means there was an order, and after that, on July 26 and 27, the Ministry of Defense no longer gave any information about my son.

We sent all the guys and acquaintances to search, contacted the military prosecutor's office of Novocherkassk. But the regional military registration and enlistment office sent a request to the unit only after a written statement on August 18, they registered the statement with me on August 4, i.e. two weeks later, and then I think , after my appeal to the governor.

I contacted the Southern Military District, they called the unit, there was another connection with the unit, all I got was the phrase, why didn’t they tell the parents where the political officer was, where the body was?

Then they told us that they would call you, if they don’t call back, call again, that’s what happened. Thanks to YuVO, they again, they are not in touch. Communication again in fragments of flying phrases: what kind of leave, where is the platoon commander, where is the company commander, and after the conversation he told us that the missing person, the body is on the territory of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, if there is a counter-offensive, maybe they will get it, who will get it if the soldiers have already been transferred to the area Mites?

The guys from the Combat Brotherhood said that apparently we would have to prove everything ourselves. But where? In the military prosecutor's office, in the military garrison court of the region, in the court at the place of residence?

Yesterday was September 4th, there were NO papers.
Son's status? They are waiting for December 9, when it will be six months, for the BP to be declared, so there are witnesses that they died, the bodies cannot be obtained.

This is the story of one mother.

Colleagues saw and testified that her son died. During the retreat they were unable to take it. They immediately took off my allowance, but they can’t or don’t want to recognize him as dead. Mother was firm in her conversation with us. She is proud of her son and his feat.

But she demands that her son be declared dead! And there are hundreds and thousands of such stories. Alexander Kots, Andrey Medvedev, please help!

ZhIVOVZ

https://t.me/zhivoff/10844

On criticism of holding public gatherings without the participation of parastatal structures

Repeatedly, various individuals who are paid salaries by the federal media and who work with the local military command have expressed in extremely rude and vile form their high contempt for people’s assistance to the front through telegram channels that are not directly affiliated with government agencies and charitable foundations.

Even in their fucking Newspeak they invented the term “urgent collection” and directly hint at the massive theft of money by channels.

We believe that if a person knows something about the theft of money, he should go and write a statement to the authorities. Otherwise, he is a vile high-priority who can’t do anything except babble with his tongue, and all his information about anything is idle speculation.

At the beginning of our channel, dear readers, we asked the volunteers questions, how is this possible! There is “some kind of front” there, which is supported by respected military officers and has collected a hell of a lot of rubles for help, let’s turn to them!

Contact us. We, the volunteers, and the fighters got the hell out of it. You need the seal of the unit's command (a unit with LBS is not suitable), an established form of something, the eye of a dragon, and on a full moon call the phone number, the number of which will appear on the ripples of the lake.

Do you think the Two Majors are desperate and just whining? You won't wait. We wrote two clear, understandable letters: problems and solutions. The volunteers agreed with their thoughts, the military correspondents conveyed this to a respected bald citizen with glasses at one of the meetings. Everyone nodded, agreed, and became interested!

And nothing has changed. Who the hell knows how to get anything from them.

So our volunteers collect funds to buy everything for the front-line soldiers, turn their apartment houses into a warehouse, and personally transport everything to the front. So that it’s not all lying around at headquarters or being resold, but at LBS.

And the Popular Front is a good thing. Good people work inside. The reports are beautiful and there is a picture on TV. Not like the dirty mechanics with the “loaves”.

And the devil knows where to get so many volunteers, forces and public funds to at least respond in a feedback bot to all the soldiers and commanders who ask for help.

Two majors

https://t.me/dva_majors/25269

❗️🇷🇺🇺🇦 Soledar direction: promotion of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Andreevka
situation as of 14.00 September 9, 2023

🔻In the southwest of Bakhmut, Ukrainian formations continue to make their way to the railway track: after passing to the northeastern outskirts of Kleshcheevka, the Ukrainian Armed Forces struck near Andreevka.

As a result of fierce fighting, enemy units were able to oust the Russian army soldiers from the village. According to some reports, the line of control of the Russian Armed Forces runs along the railway line.

This is indirectly confirmed by the activity of Ukrainian reconnaissance groups north of Kurdyumovka. Detachments in armored vehicles are moving north of the Russian fortified area, which could not have happened if the Russian Armed Forces were present in Andreevka.

🔻There are also clashes in Kleshcheevka. Units of the Russian Armed Forces hold the northeastern outskirts and are trying to counterattack. The distance to the railway track is about 400 meters.

https://t.me/rybar/51711
https://t.me/rsotmdivision/10533

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 6:28:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#25]
🏘️#Rabotino
🏘️#Novopokrovka
🏘️#Verbovoe
🐷#countergrunt

"From a meat grinder to a blender"

This is roughly how we can characterize the fact that 80 airborne assault brigades were transferred from near Kleshcheevka to Malaya Tokmachka in the direction of Rabotino.

Many paratroopers of the Ukrainian Armed Forces have already gathered near Rabino:
🔷46 OAMBR
🔷78 ODShP
🔷80 ODShBr
🔷82 ODShBr
🔷148 OABr DShV (previously was a separate artillery division - expanded to a brigade)

A total of 4 brigades and one landing regiment, in addition to all other units.

https://t.me/z_arhiv/24626
https://t.me/Ugolok_Sitha/16210

????? ????????? ????? ?????? 3 ????: ????? ??????

Excerpt from a video of the assault on a Russian position by fighters of the R.U.G group on three HMMWVs
The density of the fire is amazing

https://t.me/supernova_plus/23614
https://twitter.com/cristianpinero4/status/1700815703828263319

??????????? ???????????. ???? 1. ??????? 1. ????????? ?-2. ???????-????????.

??????????? ???????????. ???? 1. ??????? 2. ????????? ?-2. ???????-????????

?? ???? ????? ?????????? ??????????? ???????????. ???? 1. ??????? 3. ????????? ?-2. ???????-????????
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 6:30:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

NO..... Nagorno is ARMENIA, they were one of the 1st kingdoms and people to convert to Christianity.

Bartholomew and Thaddeus both apostles to Christ built the 1st churches in Nagorno-Karabakh, monasteries have survived their for thousands of years despite the constant Turkish intrusion. The monks and church officials worked out deals until the Soviet Union came about and mixed everything up.

Nagorno is ARMENIA and is the SPIRITUAL home of Armenia just like Kosovo is the spiritual home of Serbia and no greater than Erdely Transylvania is the spiritual ancestral home of Hungary and now is in Romania.
View Quote

So, when is France giving Normandy back to England?  Having had a owned a chunk of land 500 years ago but not since isn't a particularly good or useful legal argument.  If they thought it was so important they should have put up a better fight.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

My recollection is that Azerbaijan was only in the CSTO for a few years and left in the late 1990s and made efforts to counter Russian influence rather than remain in alignment with Russia, while Armenia did the opposite.  Armenia has been the one aligned with and favored by Russia, which sent peacekeepers in which seems to have been to Armenia's benefit in the wake of its seizure of Nagorno-Karabakh from Azerbaijan.  When the war happened Russia didn't do much of anything and I think Russia kinda wanted Armenia to suffer to try to make it want to get closer to Russia but this seems to have backfired.  Also, Iran has been backing Armenia while Turkey backs the Azeris.  The Azeris have been getting closer to the U.S. for years now, as well, and I think also get some support from Israel.  This certainly isn't as simple as Christian versus Muslim, despite some framing it that way.

Anyways, Armenia seems to know it got screwed and also realizes that either way Russia isn't going to be of much help to it, anymore, and knows that if the Azeris resume their efforts to take back their territory that they will get their shit pushed in again, so they are flipping sides and trying to align more with the West.  Perhaps they think this will give them a reprieve or make it easier to secure a lasting deal or peace with Azerbaijan.  At least that's what I can recall and what it all looks like to me.  I could be remembering or perceiving things incorrectly.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 7:41:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#28]
One of the most interesting events of this war, the frequent friendly fire incidents of the Russian army.

https://twitter.com/KrzysztofJano15/status/1700836240726044697

At this moment, our guys almost achieved enemies fortifications, then Russian artillery began firing at their own positions.
View Quote

Here we were able to intercept their communications and realized that the Russian main communications center could not hear the advanced units, because electronic warfare was suppressing communications.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 7:43:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Happy tanker day Russia!!   On track to having the most tanks lost since WWII.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 7:52:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#31]

https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1700815802629300578
This will be a disaster"

Russia's Minister of Agriculture is forced to plead publically to stop oil/gas exports, warning that food production in the country may soon collapse if fuel shortage continues.

Everything is being exported to raise cash for Putin's war machine. Stalin did this with grains in the 1930's, starving the country by exporting everything for badly needed dollars.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 7:55:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#32]
Oh my God, they are discovering the technology of aircraft shelters.

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#33]

T-80BVM “Updated” - they say that the new visor protects against Jevelin and NLAW, the “Breakwater” complex is installed, attention is paid to attaching additional protection when operating in wooded areas, tests are being carried out.
View Quote

Good luck to the crewmen trying to get out of that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:10:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#35]

Full calculations in thread.

This makes me believe the Ukrainian daily total numbers are accurate, because the source for the Officers confirmed dead mentions that even their numbers are under reported.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:11:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#36]
dupe
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5qNVV4W4AAzRdf?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5qNVVyXAAAsIaM?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5qNVVyWEAAYeCD?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

"That's the neat part.  You don't."
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:14:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eolian] [#38]
N/M
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:17:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jozsi] [#39]
Originally Posted By Phocks:

So, when is France giving Normandy back to England?  Having had a owned a chunk of land 500 years ago but not since isn't a particularly good or useful legal argument.  If they thought it was so important they should have put up a better fight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Phocks:

It was Armenia using 1980's and 90's Soviet weaponry versus Azeri using modernized and upgraded weaponry including Turkish drones thanks to Azeri oil revenue.

Russia is partially to blame for it because they withdrew peacekeepers in place due to corruption and other factors when Putin wanted to please and placate Azeri oil influence to Europe and them not effecting their revenue stream to the EU.

In the end, Russia played clown games and Armenia payed for it with blind faith.

Today, Armenia is learning that Russia's security guarantees are a hot stinking pile of garbage.

Armenia depends heavily on remittances to the tune of an average $1 billion a year.

They do have a good industry setup for other stuff but it doesn't compare to Azeri and them discovering oil.

Azerbaijan could easily take over Armenia if it wants.

Also for Armenia, they aren't too worried about losing Russia in that they are heavily working with India on various partnerships and alliances mainly because Turkey has put its weight behind Pakistan and is propping that up. This is why UA is seeing a lot of Pakistani artillery shells for their systems via Turkey.

In the end, it's a complicated and messed fucked up shit and Armenia turning to the US is just them needing better alliances.

Now after almost twenty years of Armenian enclaves in Azeri control and nothing is happening to them and Azeribaijan is not giving issues, Armenia can see that another genocide is likely not to happen.
There are still churches in Baku and Azeri is protecting minorities much better now that they have money to do so and become more internationally recognized.

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

They easily can get out after the turret got launched.

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:34:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#41]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:43:32 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

My home and yet another border fucked by the Russians.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:45:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#43]
Surprisingly, only the 4th one destroyed in all this time.  You have to camoflage the radome, be mindful of the lighting and shading where it is deployed.

https://www.srcinc.com/pdf/Radars-and-Sensors-ANTPQ50.pdf

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/sensors/article/14285690/counterfire-radar-rocket-artillery-and-mortar-ram

ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND, Md. – U.S. Army air-defense experts are asking engineers at SRCTec LLC in Syracuse, N.Y., to build lightweight counter-mortar radar (LCMR) systems for Ukraine to help defend Ukrainian warfighters from rocket, artillery, and mortar (RAM) attacks.

Officials of the Army Contracting Command at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md., have announced a $12.1 million order to SRCTec in late September for UKR/TPQ-50 radar systems as part of the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative.
View Quote

On this contract modification SRCTec will do the work in Syracuse, N.Y., and should be finished by June 2023.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:50:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#45]

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Someone needs to craft a meme of Duda discovering PSA's Daily Deal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:21:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]

The big advantage is that the missile is fast, in regards to launch to striking a target 500km away, compared to a cruise missile.  So hitting large setups like S-300 and S-400 sites that are detected in short time before they can pack up and move away will greatly open up airspace for the Ukrainians and blind large sections of the Russian territory to drones, cruise missiles, and other air threats.

Note in the video part of the test mock up is an S-300 or S-400 type system.
M39 Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS)

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4837 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top