Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4838 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Video in first Tweet.

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:34:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5qbKSRWAAAfFeT?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Robotyne - Verbove is feeling like another Bakhmut meat grinder.
What about expanding the front to Polohy?
- line the T-08-14 highway with M777 and Grad
- use artillery to prep the area (15 km distance)
- infantry advance down the T-08-15 highway
- any Russian reinforcements that leave Verbove will open a hole
- at Polohy, turn right on the T-04-01 highway
- get behind the Russian defensive lines
- move towards Tokmak on the T-04-01
All under artillery support from the T-08-14.

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By thanosnap:

What I see from General Bakshi is this idea that Ukraine is just an American pawn, and to some degree he has a point but I don't think either us or Ukraine sees it that way. And by that extension, he believes it is America and America only that prolongs the war. Then, because of the hit to the global economy, America is hurting India by proxy... to him, by some extent America's war is causing collateral damage to India, and also risks drawing India into WWIII. It's not just India that sees it this way. You can see this opinion in South America and Africa, probably most poorer countries. Russia may have been the aggressor but America saw this as an opportunity to cripple Russia; how does that benefit Chile or South Africa? And Bakshi will say it just makes no sense, because China is the real threat. Save your resources for them.

Did the Pentagon lobby to get their defense minister removed because he was being difficult? Maybe, but I haven't seen evidence of that. There's more speculation that it was corruption related. The Russkies talk about how corrupt Zelensky is but he actually ran for office on a platform of anti-corruption and he's been taking the EU's advise on rooting it out. But Bakshi sees it through the lense that Ukraine is a pawn.
View Quote

Yeah, we've been hearing this perspective a lot from the 2nd and 3rd world assholes (and GD).
This comes from the belief that might makes right and the few major powers (naturally they consider Russia one of them) consider all other countries their pawns and play things. So when the USA invaded Iraq it was natural and normal and the other "major players" sat on the sidelines. So Russia being an "equal player" to the USA now wants the same consideration..."let us play with our play thing, like we let you play in Iraq, and stay out of it".

I guess, in a sense, this "law of the jungle" makes sense but is totally devoid of morality (a bunch of fucking non-Christian heathens). There is no right and wrong, only weak and strong. If the USA would really subscribe to this fucked up philosophy, they would have been fucked 70 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I know when I am off "vacation" at twitter, they start sending email notifications again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

Sorry Jozsi, but portraying the British occupation of India as some paternalistic act that saved Hindu's from Muslim genocide is a bit like saying slaves brought here against their will learned valuable skills.

The British absolutely raped and pillaged India for all they could grab and send back to England. As matter of fact, much of Britain's wealth came on the backs of Indians who were forced to pay tributes and taxes to the East India Company.

The East India Company was not only a privately owned company, but was given a charter by England to exploit India for all it was worth. England turned a blind eye to the killing and exploitation.

They hired and led their own mercenary force ( a lot like Wagner) and pitted one warlord against another. Thousands of Indians died during this occupation.

The Indians have every right to hate Britain for what they did.

William Dalrymple's book " The Anarchy" is a great read on this subject.
View Quote

I know little/nothing of Indian history BUT I did watch Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom and I can add that India is NOT totally innocent. They have had some bloody murderous mutinies, rebellions, and general fuckery. Their cast system is a very close cousin to slavery.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:10:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#8]

I reached out to a source close to the Ukrainian drone programme about these claims.

They confirmed Starlink had been previously enabled in the area in question - which is why Ukraine had used USVs that relied on Starlink for navigation - and that Musk had "turned it off".

My understanding - which I reported six months ago - is that Starlink was not only geofenced but also programmed to stop working at the kind of speeds drones work at. Ie it was active blocking.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I reached out to a source close to the Ukrainian drone programme about these claims.

They confirmed Starlink had been previously enabled in the area in question - which is why Ukraine had used USVs that relied on Starlink for navigation - and that Musk had "turned it off".

My understanding - which I reported six months ago - is that Starlink was not only geofenced but also programmed to stop working at the kind of speeds drones work at. Ie it was active blocking.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5qjkTsXgAA0pjt?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

So Ukrainians could tweet and upload vids to youtube while they were being invaded and murdered??!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:14:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#11]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
T-14 0 risk
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
So if the drone has a receiver it can home in on that
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
So if the drone has a receiver it can home in on that
View Quote

... If the drone leaks RF from the preamp, motors or power supply, it's not going to be spread-spectrum.
Probably what they are doing is looking for the noise coming off the ESC when the DC chopped up for the motors.

Not exactly super high tech.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

... If the drone leaks RF from the preamp, motors or power supply, it's not going to be spread-spectrum.
Probably what they are doing is looking for the noise coming off the ESC when the DC chopped up for the motors.

Not exactly super high tech.
View Quote
I'm talking about the aiding the drone in targeting. If the tank is broad casting then go to the source.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I know little/nothing of Indian history BUT I did watch Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom and I can add that India is NOT totally innocent. They have had some bloody murderous mutinies, rebellions, and general fuckery. Their cast system is a very close cousin to slavery.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:

Sorry Jozsi, but portraying the British occupation of India as some paternalistic act that saved Hindu's from Muslim genocide is a bit like saying slaves brought here against their will learned valuable skills.

The British absolutely raped and pillaged India for all they could grab and send back to England. As matter of fact, much of Britain's wealth came on the backs of Indians who were forced to pay tributes and taxes to the East India Company.

The East India Company was not only a privately owned company, but was given a charter by England to exploit India for all it was worth. England turned a blind eye to the killing and exploitation.

They hired and led their own mercenary force ( a lot like Wagner) and pitted one warlord against another. Thousands of Indians died during this occupation.

The Indians have every right to hate Britain for what they did.

William Dalrymple's book " The Anarchy" is a great read on this subject.

I'm not gonna paint the British as the good guys but the Muslims did a number in India.

Read it for yourself.

https://www.mysteryofindia.com/2016/01/the-biggest-holocaust-in-world-history.html
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Reads like it's just a wideband 30W jammer. Blast enough RF across the spectrum to drown out the drone's comm link. Detection of tanks running those would be super easy, being able to discriminate the exact location of the tank in that RF "bubble" might be trickier. I guess you could bang bang terminal guidance based on highest received RF signature, sort of a poor mans direction finding...
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Unbelievable. This is what tells you that Russia has deep cultural problems- they just can’t get out of their own way on so many fronts.

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Full calculations in thread.

This makes me believe the Ukrainian daily total numbers are accurate, because the source for the Officers confirmed dead mentions that even their numbers are under reported.
View Quote

its an interesting comparison if nothing else

keep in mind -- in Vietnam -- a healthy percentage of US Army and USMC officers lost were chopper pilots.  don't know if that was factored in ...

also -- as the paper discusses --  Russian officers are theoretically 'closer to the front' due to their lack of NCO corps.  

on the other hand  -- the US had a lot of officers involved in SF / MAC-V type operations in Vietnam which are also fairly forward.

~75K - 90K KIA russians does not sound far-fetched  

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Video in first Tweet.

View Quote

I wonder if they have figured out some way to home in on the controller emissions.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

keep in mind -- in Vietnam -- a healthy percentage of US Army and USMC officers lost were chopper pilots.  don't know if that was factored in ...

also -- as the paper discusses --  Russian officers are theoretically 'closer to the front' due to their lack of NCO corps.  

on the other hand  -- the US had a lot of officers involved in SF / MAC-V type operations in Vietnam which are also fairly forward.

View All Quotes

This makes me believe the Ukrainian daily total numbers are accurate, because the source for the Officers confirmed dead mentions that even their numbers are under reported.

I also think we need to take into account that even draftees in Vietnam were better fed, equipped and trained than Russian mobiks, and that MEDEVAC/CASEVAC on the US side in Vietnam was far superior to anything demonstrated by the Russians to date.  I bet that the Russian Died of Wounds (DoW) rate in this war is off the charts compared to US Army rates in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Brilliant
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#25]

I was told I shouldn't compare leaders to animals.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

I feel like the 250k casualties is probably pretty accurate, and with the way they treat their wounded would be surprised if 50% of them aren't KIA.  I would be shocked if the real number isn't closer to 100k or even over, especially if you include Wagner and LDP type forces.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

I feel like the 250k casualties is probably pretty accurate, and with the way they treat their wounded would be surprised if 50% of them aren't KIA.  I would be shocked if the real number isn't closer to 100k or even over, especially if you include Wagner and LDP type forces.
View Quote

You survive the war only to have to live in Russia.  Yoinkski
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

You mean to live DISABLED in Russia….even better!
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Probability Problem: Why Interpreting Ukraine's Counteroffensive Is So Hard
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Avatar checks out on that one lmao
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

It is offensive to the animals.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:

I wonder if they have figured out some way to home in on the controller emissions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GBTX01:
Video in first Tweet.

Hopefully, I pointed out the frequencies those are using in a dissection of an intact unit a thousand pages or so ago.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

That's hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

It’s the crippled that will have impact.

The dead are dead in Russian society.  The wounded will need constant care likely be unable to support themselves, and will reveal the truth about what they witnessed behind closed doors out of reach of the censors and gestapo.  They will be billboards for Russian failure.

A swath of Russian young men done this way on the word of one man, and they already had a manpower issue.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:50:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#38]

What I see from General Bakshi is this idea that Ukraine is just an American pawn, ....  Ukraine is a pawn.
View Quote

Can you keep the pro Kremlin political propaganda out of this thread?

This thread is a place for information about what's happening in the war, not your Russian propaganda about America.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Russian pow reports.

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

1911?
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

I think I like her.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:24:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#45]

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Yeah, we've been hearing this perspective a lot from the 2nd and 3rd world assholes (and GD).
This comes from the belief that might makes right and the few major powers (naturally they consider Russia one of them) consider all other countries their pawns and play things. So when the USA invaded Iraq it was natural and normal and the other "major players" sat on the sidelines. So Russia being an "equal player" to the USA now wants the same consideration..."let us play with our play thing, like we let you play in Iraq, and stay out of it".

I guess, in a sense, this "law of the jungle" makes sense but is totally devoid of morality (a bunch of fucking non-Christian heathens). There is no right and wrong, only weak and strong. If the USA would really subscribe to this fucked up philosophy, they would have been fucked 70 years ago.
View All Quotes

What I see from General Bakshi is this idea that Ukraine is just an American pawn, and to some degree he has a point but I don't think either us or Ukraine sees it that way. And by that extension, he believes it is America and America only that prolongs the war. Then, because of the hit to the global economy, America is hurting India by proxy... to him, by some extent America's war is causing collateral damage to India, and also risks drawing India into WWIII. It's not just India that sees it this way. You can see this opinion in South America and Africa, probably most poorer countries. Russia may have been the aggressor but America saw this as an opportunity to cripple Russia; how does that benefit Chile or South Africa? And Bakshi will say it just makes no sense, because China is the real threat. Save your resources for them.

Did the Pentagon lobby to get their defense minister removed because he was being difficult? Maybe, but I haven't seen evidence of that. There's more speculation that it was corruption related. The Russkies talk about how corrupt Zelensky is but he actually ran for office on a platform of anti-corruption and he's been taking the EU's advise on rooting it out. But Bakshi sees it through the lense that Ukraine is a pawn.

Point of order: Russia provided GPS jammers to Iraq- and while we were doing air operations, some of the jamming resulted in Iraqi noncombatants getting or hurt or killed by our munitions being off the mark.  

Not at all on the same level that we're helping Ukraine of course- but, the US was not running a campaign of genocide against the Iraqis, like the Russians are doing against Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

This thread is a place for information about what's happening in the war, not your Russian propaganda about America.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

What I see from General Bakshi is this idea that Ukraine is just an American pawn, ....  Ukraine is a pawn.

Just stop replying.  He's trying to scrape up some credibility here and there, but simply can't let go of making or sharing statements that are beneficial to Russia... it's probably in his contract that he make a pro-Russia statement every X comments no matter how he tries to fabricate the "objective" persona for himself.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:38:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#48]

A BONUS cluster round found by the Russian 42nd Motorized Rifle Division near Robotyne

The Moscow boys complain of casualties due to it  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By xd675:

It’s the crippled that will have impact.

The dead are dead in Russian society.  The wounded will need constant care likely be unable to support themselves, and will reveal the truth about what they witnessed behind closed doors out of reach of the censors and gestapo.  They will be billboards for Russian failure.

A swath of Russian young men done this way on the word of one man, and they already had a manpower issue.
View Quote

I doubt they have Wounded Warrior Project.  They (in power) really are destroying their own society.  Cannon fodder for bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#50]

That's hilarious.
View All Quotes

That's hilarious.

Attachment Attached File

Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4838 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top