Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4842 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#1]
He doesn’t go into details but several of the best units such as the 155th Naval Infantry were wiped out at least four times. Russia has chosen to throw its best into the fray virtually WITHOUT REST OR REFITTING. While Ukraine has methodically rotated units and with the aid of the West run many tens of thousands through more extensive training from a month to several months. Ukraine gets smarter and stronger. Russia gets dumber and weaker. Not even mentioning all the good combat leaders Russia recently purged.

🗣"The war did not benefit the Putin regime: the economy cannot withstand it, this is a fact. Finances are kept on stocks, and military power has been greatly lost during the war. The professional army, in the general sense, ended last fall. Now they are fighting mobilized. The production of new weapons and equipment is absolutely insufficient," he says.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:34:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Yes I imagine some parts of this country with Russian population have spelled it like that but I've always known it as Kyiv, but the point is the folks who began to follow this conflict closely have learned the correct way to spell it, anyone still going with "Kiev" now, is behind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
Originally Posted By thanosnap:
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

I went back and cut out all his long winded nonsense except the opening and closing phrases about Ukraine being an American pawn. I want to be clear I don't mind if he brings the Russian version of events on the battlefield.

But this particular post was 100% political propaganda with nothing to do with the war.

It just occurred to me that if you are Ukrainian, the idea of Ukraine being thought of as a pawn, Crimea being only 20% ethnic Ukrainian, or Russian exports being important to the world economy might really anger you. And there does seem to be some Ukrainians on this board. I mean, how many non-Ukrainian Americans are going onto telegram, translating posts, and reposting it here in English?

But you also have to realize Ukraine is 1/2 of 1% of the world population and almost zero percent of the AR-15 style rifle using population. They issue AK-74s.  Ukraine wasn't even a close ally of the US until now. So, not everybody looks at it through the lense of a Ukrainian, especially in an AR community. The world as a whole is pretty much aligned against Russia now, but each country and citizen of that country has their own interests and views which may not 100% align with Ukrainian interests and views.

"almost zero percent of the AR-15 style rifle using population"  Congratulations on outing yourself.  Up until now, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.  This statement shows how little you have been following the actual war.  Canadian DIAEMCOs, American M16 and M4 variants from many manufacturers, M16A1 variants from God-knows-where, Police and Commercial AR-15s, and various Stoner-derived rifles from many sources have become ubiquitous among the Ukrainians.  Plus, various FN rifles, M14s, CEMTEs and so forth are also issued.  While AK-74s are a plurality (and probably a majority) of individual weapons issued, the number of AR-series weapons present in Ukraine is not anywhere near "almost zero percent".  It is almost inconceivable that Ukraine will continue the AK74 as their primary weapon in the future, as anything in the future will almost certainly be something in a STANAG caliber, and the stuff they have in STANAG calibers will probably hang around in reserve units and police use for a lot longer than the AK74.  The reason I say this is that we had several pages of discussion when the M14's showed up as to when they would show up as parts kits; the consensus was more-or-less that, since they look good in parades and are a STANAG caliber, they would probably end up equipping territorial militia, military cadets, and honor guards in Ukraine for a long time before they ever show up anywhere as a parts kit. This was a pretty memorable part of the thread and occurred nearly a year ago.

No doubt, I think everyone who's been following this war closely since before the invasion knew that knowledge.. he's shown a lot even with his spelling of words. No one spells Kyiv .."Kiev"  in the western world, and to say it's because of a recipe is clown shoes ignorant lol
Errrr . . . Until this war that's the only way I *ever* saw it spelled.  I spell it Kyiv now just because of knowledge gained in this war.  99.9% of Americans would have zero clue.

Yes I imagine some parts of this country with Russian population have spelled it like that but I've always known it as Kyiv, but the point is the folks who began to follow this conflict closely have learned the correct way to spell it, anyone still going with "Kiev" now, is behind.

Understanding of Ukrainian culture has increased
worldwide thanks to Russia's criminal antics, and this is a good example. I always spelled it Kiev before too, but now I know better.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:39:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MarineGrunt:

Substance? There’s a two page purse fight going on about how to spell Kyiv/Kiev and whether or not that qualifies someone as a Russian troll.. I don’t think the problem here is my lack of substance. Lots of folks only have a few minutes out of their day to quick scroll through to see what’s going on.. It’s been really great for a few thousand pages but all this bickering is getting really tiresome. Or maybe I can bring up Trump and start another 10 pages derail. Would that be enough?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Add some substance.

Substance? There’s a two page purse fight going on about how to spell Kyiv/Kiev and whether or not that qualifies someone as a Russian troll.. I don’t think the problem here is my lack of substance. Lots of folks only have a few minutes out of their day to quick scroll through to see what’s going on.. It’s been really great for a few thousand pages but all this bickering is getting really tiresome. Or maybe I can bring up Trump and start another 10 pages derail. Would that be enough?

You could add news, context, commentary on aspects you are familiar with. Many of the purse swingers as you call them post dozens of substance info and commentary every day. Day after day. I rarely see the “stop purse swinging” posters add anything other than interjecting a complaint.

It is a very slow news day. Guys are letting off steam. The best way to counter purse swinging is to flood with good content.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:41:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thanosnap] [#4]

View Quote

Well, I'll tell you what? Between these two videos you'll know exactly what's going on with the war:

1. Ukrainian Progress: A Breach or a Breakthrough of Russian Lines? Podcast with Michael Kofman, a thinktank military analyst from Ukraine educated and living in Virginia:
Ukrainian Progress: A Breach or a Breakthrough of Russian Lines?

Key notes: Ukrainians have breached the first lines near Robotyne but not quite broken through yet where you can safely move vehicles through, and they may do that in the next few days. Ukrainian military has thrown in it's reserve brigades into Robotyne like 82nd and 46th, the Russians have thrown their reserves in there too (7th, and more important the 76th air assault.) Next target would be the town of Verbove, to widen the breach and cover their flanks. The front line may have been the one the Russians decided to defend the most. Too soon to call the offensive a success or failure. We may know that by the end of October. Working on pressuring Russia over the winter and increasing air defenses will need to be a priority. Conversations on a next year offensive needs to begin now. We should increase production of artillery and air defense missiles. Opportunities for a quick war have passed since Russia's winter weakness wasn't exploited and the Prigozhin coup failed; should prepare for a long war. Wagner will probably continue in some shape and form, but who will take it over? They were not that significant in the war; all they did was take Bakhmut. A Russian mobilization and new offensive is not out of the question.

2. General Bakshi of India:
Did Ukraine's Counteroffensive against Russia fail? | GD Bakshi Explains

Key notes: Because of drones and satellites the defenders have an advantage over the attackers, even moreso than in past wars. Rocket delivered mines allowed the Russians to re-mine areas after the mines had been cleared. Offensive was initially spread too thin because Ukrainian commanders competing with each other. Americans forced a Ukrainian change at Defense minister. Ukrainians breached first line of defense at Robotyne but will they have adequate strength for second line? Russians brought troops from Kup'yans'k near Kharkiv offensive to reinforce.

Ka-52 helicopters were able to stay outside the range of Ukrainian air defenses and pick off Leopard tanks, so Ukrainians paused their offensive and decided to send infantry in on foot. Ukrainians have stepped up counter battery artillery fire and inflicted much damage on the Russian artillery locations. The fall rains will come in and end the offensive. Russians were going to have their own offensive near Kharkiv but they had to pull troops from there. He's not impressed with the Ukrainian offensive results, but says even the Americans couldn't have done better without air superiority. American talk of Ukrainians being casualty averse "is rich." Now there's talk of 44 F-16s being sent for the next offensive, but he doesn't think it'll be a gamechanger. Russia cannot mobilize the kind of people they have in past wars. China opening a second front in Taiwan next year or in 2025 would make a serious difference in Ukraine if the war is still going.

p.s. The rest of this thread is kind of a Ukrainian community trying to dominate the conversation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:44:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thanosnap] [#5]
A third video you'd want to watch is General Stanley McChrystal at the Kyiv Jewish Forum. That's a little older (6 months ago) but he's a bit wiser than the other two and speaks broadly without regards to current events:
KJF-2023. Day 1. General (RET.) Stanley McChrystal. Interview
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:48:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#6]

It looks a bit more water-worthy than the old Soviet model (BMD?) that had only inches of freeboard. But pray the wind stays calm!

It will be real interesting to see how Ukraine handles river crossings as they advance. We know they have scout inflatables, limited bridging equipment. And armored vehicles like this.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:53:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#7]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3626-2949726.jpg
This will be big news if true. UA is making important incursions at several points on the front. As more Russian units get shifted south it should further weaken the north and eastern sections. Russia has to put as many troops as it takes to hold the south. So I expect the first big breakthrough will be north of Donetsk. But Opytne and the airport could realistically be nibbled away.
View Quote

Confirmation from UA side!  Entering the town and apparently the Russians are getting ready to withdraw some.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:01:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:07:03 AM EDT
[#9]
This is interesting 😁 Russia claimed the Kerch bridge would reopen in a few days. It still shows damage. Granted the deck would be the last thing repaired but time is running out on their claim. Other engineers thought the damage was much more profoundly than could be readily repaired. Looking forward to what unfolds!

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:08:31 AM EDT
[#10]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3628-2949737.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3629-2949738.jpg
It looks a bit more water-worthy than the old Soviet model (BMD?) that had only inches of freeboard. But pray the wind stays calm!

It will be real interesting to see how Ukraine handles river crossings as they advance. We know they have scout inflatables, limited bridging equipment. And armored vehicles like this.

View Quote

There's about a dozen Soviet era vehicles and post soviet era vehicles that are technically capable of water crossings:

BMP1
BMD1
BMD2
BMD3
BMD4
BMP2
BMP3
BTR60/70/80/82
BTR-3/4
BTR50
MTLB

And a handful more.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:11:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

There's about a dozen Soviet era vehicles and post soviet era vehicles that are technically capable of water crossings:

BMP1
BMD1
BMD2
BMD3
BMD4
BMP2
BMP3
BTR60/70/80/82
BTR-3/4
BTR50
MTLB

And a handful more.
View All Quotes

BMP1
BMD1
BMD2
BMD3
BMD4
BMP2
BMP3
BTR60/70/80/82
BTR-3/4
BTR50
MTLB

And a handful more.

I was hoping you or Ben would add some clarification. Of those older designs which is the most capable for river crossing? Which would you prefer to be inside?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#12]

You don't have to nationalize a telecom company to mandate that it be accessible for national security purposes.

We didn't nationalize the tv network to get them to be part of the emergency broadcast network.

We didn't nationalize the mobile phone system to get them to carry amber alerts

We didn't nationalize the internet or phone system to enable the NSA to use it to tap communications by foreign nationals.

The last example highlights the need for oversight since we know they went further and spied on Americans, but nobody objects to them using it to spy on foreign enemies.

You don't need to nationalize Starlink to require it to carry specific traffic in foreign countries on request of the the joint chiefs.

View Quote
Right, so the government directing traffic on the internet to make sure "disinformation" like anything that doesn't fit the democrats narrative didn't take actually nationalizing it, just taking control of it without actually buying it.  We need less government, not more.  Even if i disagree with Musk, i don't agree we should be forcing him to provide a service to a country at war.  I think he started a military version he can sell service to the US and allies, and maybe that gives him a layer of protection.  Either way, government is the problem, not the cure.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:27:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:
Right, so the government directing traffic on the internet to make sure "disinformation" like anything that doesn't fit the democrats narrative didn't take actually nationalizing it, just taking control of it without actually buying it.  We need less government, not more.  Even if i disagree with Musk, i don't agree we should be forcing him to provide a service to a country at war.  I think he started a military version he can sell service to the US and allies, and maybe that gives him a layer of protection.  Either way, government is the problem, not the cure.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

You don't have to nationalize a telecom company to mandate that it be accessible for national security purposes.

We didn't nationalize the tv network to get them to be part of the emergency broadcast network.

We didn't nationalize the mobile phone system to get them to carry amber alerts

We didn't nationalize the internet or phone system to enable the NSA to use it to tap communications by foreign nationals.

The last example highlights the need for oversight since we know they went further and spied on Americans, but nobody objects to them using it to spy on foreign enemies.

You don't need to nationalize Starlink to require it to carry specific traffic in foreign countries on request of the the joint chiefs.

The NSA uses the global communication system to do more good for this country than you can imagine. Yeah, they have also over stepped their bounds and more than once.

The solution is to have effective oversight by the House, not leave our nation defenseless.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:28:38 AM EDT
[#14]

I was hoping you or Ben would add some clarification. Of those older designs which is the most capable for river crossing? Which would you prefer to be inside?
View Quote

The thing is it requires a lot of work to really cross successfully. Both sides have to be prepared. All you have to do is look at the massacre at Bilohrivka from last summer and see what happened to a Russian force that tried to do a hasty crossing when the bridges failed. They got stuck and abandoned their vehicles.

I wouldn't want to do it. I'd rather have a bridge, especially given the lack of maintenance on these vehicles and the fact water ops haven't been a priority. It's not like the USMC. We trained a lot for that.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:36:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a few comments, bit of slide, skip I guess if you need to as I don't have anything really to contribute to the war, but I cannot help myself and muse.

Concerning Musk, revolutionize multiple industries, strive to save the planet, send men to the stars but you suck one Russian cock....

I wonder how Київ is spelled in Younger Futhark?

This 2000 Character limit is killing me so I'll just add this.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Alexein:
I have a few comments, bit of slide, skip I guess if you need to as I don't have anything really to contribute to the war, but I cannot help myself and muse.

Concerning Musk, revolutionize multiple industries, strive to save the planet, send men to the stars but you suck one Russian cock....

I wonder how Київ is spelled in Younger Futhark?

This 2000 Character limit is killing me so I'll just add this.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/1333/9lJ8GI.jpg
View Quote

Musk is also utterly beholden to China owing to his reliance on battery manufacturing plants there.

None of that makes him a bad person and he's certainly an innovative person. But it does make him an inappropriate person to be making decisions with national security impact.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:43:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Substance? There's a two page purse fight going on about how to spell Kyiv/Kiev and whether or not that qualifies someone as a Russian troll.. I don't think the problem here is my lack of substance. Lots of folks only have a few minutes out of their day to quick scroll through to see what's going on.. It's been really great for a few thousand pages but all this bickering is getting really tiresome. Or maybe I can bring up Trump and start another 10 pages derail. Would that be enough?
View All Quotes

Add some substance.

Substance? There's a two page purse fight going on about how to spell Kyiv/Kiev and whether or not that qualifies someone as a Russian troll.. I don't think the problem here is my lack of substance. Lots of folks only have a few minutes out of their day to quick scroll through to see what's going on.. It's been really great for a few thousand pages but all this bickering is getting really tiresome. Or maybe I can bring up Trump and start another 10 pages derail. Would that be enough?

Indeed. The troll knows what buttons to push to keep getting responses from those here who can't help themselves but to respond and when to push news posts to keep from getting canned.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:50:19 AM EDT
[#18]

The thing is it requires a lot of work to really cross successfully. Both sides have to be prepared. All you have to do is look at the massacre at Bilohrivka from last summer and see what happened to a Russian force that tried to do a hasty crossing when the bridges failed. They got stuck and abandoned their vehicles.

I wouldn't want to do it. I'd rather have a bridge, especially given the lack of maintenance on these vehicles and the fact water ops haven't been a priority. It's not like the USMC. We trained a lot for that.

View All Quotes

Thx!
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:54:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Somebody get the mortar (not the BOOM! Type 😂) Dem BRICs be cracking and falling apart!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:03:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#20]
HUGE HUGE HUGE STEP!
US will set up multi-state Black Sea HQ, try to get NATO members to rotate protection duties, hope to increase US investments there and sell more oil 😁 there.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:09:49 AM EDT
[#21]
This is interesting 😁 Russia claimed the Kerch bridge would reopen in a few days. It still shows damage. Granted the deck would be the last thing repaired but time is running out on their claim. Other engineers thought the damage was much more profoundly than could be readily repaired. Looking forward to what unfolds!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3632-2949751.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:12:39 AM EDT
[#22]
kinda looks like it.  Hard to tell from those pictures.   The intervening picture has some cloud cover partially obscuring the important bit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:13:42 AM EDT
[#23]
One less nation that Putin can travel to without fear of ICC arrest. Armenia seems to have fallen out of the Neo Stalin orbit and turning hard West.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:19:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#24]
(Tweet has link for free read of article linked inside)

From the comments section:
https://russiadecolonized.com/
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:30:55 AM EDT
[#25]
As if Russia doesn’t have enough going on. Now they are building military warehouses along the Finland border. Basically at the same spots they launched the Winter War 😂
Putin may just make an EPIC mistake here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:34:56 AM EDT
[#26]
…And then they spiraled out of control.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 3:40:50 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3632-2949751.jpg

More info on the Kerch bridge (video interview)
“Firstly, there is very little time left for the bridge; we remember that the structure is redundant. Secondly, there very significant damage and threats are inevitable. It is because of the threats that they constantly block it and cannot cope with its use as a full-fledged structure,” she said.

Despite the closures and significant damage, the occupiers are transferring personnel and equipment across the bridge for the southern group, Gumenyuk noted.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:15:29 AM EDT
[#28]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3631-2949748.jpg
View Quote

She better have some Tauruses in that handbag

Nope, the EU. She’s got the EU in there.

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/service/laender/ukraine-node/aussenministerin-baerbock-zu-besuch-in-der-ukrainischen-hauptstadt-kiew-/2615698

And 40 more Marders.
https://www.rheinmetall.com/en/media/news-watch/news/2023/9/2023-09-11-40-marder-to-ukraine

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:24:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#29]
From a subscriber

This is simply a cry from the heart.
In order. I stood in position and the crests constantly fired at us. For a long time we didn’t understand what the problem was and how they figured out what places we were moving to.

We tried a lot of options: from banal camouflage nets throughout the trench to thermal imager suits, but everything was in vain. In a word, it was very difficult and we often prayed for the crookedness of their artillery. When we were replaced, I suddenly heard our radio conversations online. As is, clearly, with time and approximate location.

As it turned out, the radio was to blame. The Baofengs that we are given to listen to could not be easier. Compared to the same Motorolas, this radio station is simply stone age. The most unpleasant thing is that they knew about it and did not warn us. All our questions about what the hell were simply answered with a smile: “Happy baptism of fire, boys!”

Now this is no longer perceived so critically, because we survived and thank God, but how is this possible? What if they know that these walkie-talkies are unusable and simply cannot be used for work?

ZhIVOVZ

https://t.me/zhivoff/10848

…And then they spiraled out of control.

View Quote

They’re paying ~$2.65 for diesel and are PISSED about it.
ETA- It’s worse in Crimea, but that means farmers on the mainland are protesting and planting is allegedly threatened because of…$2 diesel?

Yesterday I drove through a dozen gas stations in Simferopol. In some places there is diesel fuel and 95 gasoline. Approximately every third column. Diesel fuel is 68 rubles, 95 is approximately 64 rubles per liter, 92 is 57 rubles per liter. There are no words.

ZhIVOVZ

https://t.me/zhivoff/10852

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/service/laender/ukraine-node/aussenministerin-baerbock-zu-besuch-in-der-ukrainischen-hauptstadt-kiew-/2615698

And 40 more Marders.
https://www.rheinmetall.com/en/media/news-watch/news/2023/9/2023-09-11-40-marder-to-ukraine

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3631-2949748.jpg

And 40 more Marders.

Nice!  Saw another post about Ukraine collaborating with Sweden on the CV-90 IFV. Goal is to jointly make  1,000. They really need tanks and AFV in the multiple hundreds if not couple thousands.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:38:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#31]
Poland
This is wild. I mean this is the most essential defense need, but holy cow!  Cashier ring this up quick before they reconsider!

Totally erectile capable.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:44:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#32]
Competence will be rooted out until morale improves!

He, like General Popov before him, is now being thought up for a long business trip (exile) outside the Russian Federation. He will be returned if necessary for the needs of the Presidential Executive Office of Russia. The process of Surovikin's ruin is also being prepared. All assets registered to his wife are to be taken away from him, and there are billions of dollars there".

I kind of think we should add Putin to the Flork team.

I think he has taken out almost as many generals as Budanov.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:47:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#33]

🌐 Place: #Pervomaiske
🗓 Date: ~08.2023
🇺🇦 Unit: 59 OMPBr
📌 Geolocation:
📂 Description: First-person shooting combat. Probably the village of Pervomaiske, Donetsk region.
❗️ Source

https://t.me/WarArchive_ua/4897

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:56:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#34]
Either a lot of funny shit is going on or I stayed up too late. 😂
This thread is a good read. But I got a kick at their use of “pentagon approved maps.”  Apparently a new Russian narrative is the OSINT and Ukraine Control maps Gen “Let Me Tell You A Secret” Milley was pictured looking at are the low level sophistication of US technology. When people pushed back that it was ridiculous, the Russian bloggers were insistent we lack detailed maps of Ukraine. Thus the dig at Russia in this post!

Example “pentagon” map

The Russian claimed offending pic:

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:01:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#36]

View Quote

Wow. Building debris and heavy brush to slog through. I was like “The bush is not cover, not cover!” Then he moved to that rust pile 😁 Must have heard me yelling. I didn’t think they were hitting anything but eventually some lit 🔥 up.

I hope the US DoD under 2023 lessons learned has: Issue 100 grenades per man per day.

They sure need a lot in that close trench and urban combat.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:11:51 AM EDT
[#37]

🌐 Place: #Podsteppe
🗓 Date: 09.2023
🇺🇦 Unit:
📌 Geolocation: 46.69185, 32.8817
📂 Description: Timely landing. North of the village of Pidstepne, Kherson region.
❗️ Source

https://t.me/WarArchive_ua/4899
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:25:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#38]

Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:26:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#39]
Saw this early yesterday, wasn’t sure what to make of it.

Seems like it may have been something after all.

🔥 Ukraine has returned the so-called "Boika Towers"

📌 "Boika rigs" are oil and gas drilling platforms near the coast of Crimea in the Black Sea.

❗️ Russia occupied them in 2015, and with the beginning of the full-scale invasion, used them for military purposes.
In particular, as helipads and for placing radar equipment.

🤝 The unique operation to establish control over "Boika Towers" was carried out by the units of the GUR of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, in particular, the drilling platforms "Petro Godovalets" and "Ukraine", as well as SPBU "Tavrida" and SPBU "Syvash" were returned to control.

💪 During the operation, the special forces managed to seize valuable trophies: a stock of helicopter ammunition of the NAR type (unguided aerial missiles), as well as the Neva radar, which can track the movement of ships in the Black Sea.

⚔️ During one of the phases of this operation, a battle took place between Ukrainian special forces on boats and a Russian Su-30 fighter.
As a result of the battle, the Russian plane was damaged and had to retreat.

https://t.me/DIUkraine/2834
https://t.me/ragnarockkyiv/57810

⚡️To understand how outstanding this operation is
Where was their powerful Black Sea fleet?
https://t.me/newspn/66568

…As a result of the successful GUR operation, the Peter Godovalets and Ukraina towers, as well as the Tavrida jack-up rig and the Sivash jack-up rig, were returned. In addition, valuable trophies were captured, namely: a supply of helicopter ammunition of the NAR type (unguided aircraft missiles), as well as the Neva radar, which can track the movement of ships in the Black Sea...
https://t.me/uniannet/110986

Zmiiny Island and "Boika Towers" in the Black Sea are strategic objects.  They are used as forward bases for troops, places for landing helicopters and the placement of long-range missile systems.

Video
https://t.me/Pravda_Gerashchenko/79116

Translated-
https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1701165197749064004

Full GRU video, shows MANPAD launch
https://t.me/DeepStateUA/17576

The Russian side of the story-

❗️Concerning the landing of the Ukrainian GUR on the Chernomorneftegaz towers (also known as “Boiko towers”).

Back in 2014, the towers were occupied by the Russian Armed Forces, and then in 2015 they were moved closer to the coast of Crimea. Until the summer of 2022, in addition to their main purpose, they served as radar and radio technical observation posts, as well as an intermediate base.

In June 2022, the Ukrainian Armed Forces launched a missile attack on the towers, which forced them to evacuate personnel from there and cease their permanent presence on them, since the Black Sea Fleet was unable to protect them from the missile threat.

At the end of August 2023, the Armed Forces of Ukraine began to attempt an amphibious landing on the “Boiko towers” ​​abandoned by the Russian Armed Forces, which were actively countered by Russian Aerospace Forces aviation. However, one of the attempts was successful.

After landing, the enemy special forces wandered around the empty platform, took propaganda shots and sailed back. As a result, several boxes with NARs and the NEVA-B radar, previously installed by the RF Armed Forces on a tower to monitor the maritime situation, became the spoils of the GUR, which means for us the temporary loss of this observation post.

Ukraine is also unable to organize its permanent presence on these towers due to the lack of its own fleet, just as Russia is not able to support it there due to the weakness of its Black Sea Fleet. Therefore, such alternating attacks one after another on empty towers will continue on both sides more than once.

Military Informant

https://t.me/milinfolive/106278

??????? ????????? ??? ???????? ?.??. «????? ?????»
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#40]
CASEVAC ATV with litter trailer

https://t.me/combatfootageua/6616
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Saw this early yesterday, wasn’t sure what to make of it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5plquwXUAA61jf?format=jpg&name=large

Seems like it may have been something after all.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5u_iVZWYAE3RkK?format=png&name=900x900

🔥 Ukraine has returned the so-called "Boika Towers"

📌 "Boika rigs" are oil and gas drilling platforms near the coast of Crimea in the Black Sea.

❗️ Russia occupied them in 2015, and with the beginning of the full-scale invasion, used them for military purposes.
In particular, as helipads and for placing radar equipment.

🤝 The unique operation to establish control over "Boika Towers" was carried out by the units of the GUR of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, in particular, the drilling platforms "Petro Godovalets" and "Ukraine", as well as SPBU "Tavrida" and SPBU "Syvash" were returned to control.

💪 During the operation, the special forces managed to seize valuable trophies: a stock of helicopter ammunition of the NAR type (unguided aerial missiles), as well as the Neva radar, which can track the movement of ships in the Black Sea.

⚔️ During one of the phases of this operation, a battle took place between Ukrainian special forces on boats and a Russian Su-30 fighter.
As a result of the battle, the Russian plane was damaged and had to retreat.

https://t.me/DIUkraine/2834
https://t.me/ragnarockkyiv/57810

⚡️To understand how outstanding this operation is
Where was their powerful Black Sea fleet?
https://t.me/newspn/66568
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5u_mm3WIAAI7In?format=jpg&name=medium

…As a result of the successful GUR operation, the Peter Godovalets and Ukraina towers, as well as the Tavrida jack-up rig and the Sivash jack-up rig, were returned. In addition, valuable trophies were captured, namely: a supply of helicopter ammunition of the NAR type (unguided aircraft missiles), as well as the Neva radar, which can track the movement of ships in the Black Sea...
https://t.me/uniannet/110986

View Quote

We don’t hear about action around those oil rigs much. Great that they were able to capture one plus the radar! Every nibble helps dismantle Russian war fighting capability. 😁
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

View Quote

They are in a fucking good shape.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:07:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Worthy rant on slow walking Joe

Unrolled thread for the X-free

View Quote

Very good read. Spot on.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Soon...
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By thanosnap:

Well, I'll tell you what? Between these two videos you'll know exactly what's going on with the war:

1. Ukrainian Progress: A Breach or a Breakthrough of Russian Lines? Podcast with Michael Kofman, a thinktank military analyst from Ukraine educated and living in Virginia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2xfecuIVqg
Key notes: Ukrainians have breached the first lines near Robotyne but not quite broken through yet where you can safely move vehicles through, and they may do that in the next few days. Ukrainian military has thrown in it's reserve brigades into Robotyne like 82nd and 46th, the Russians have thrown their reserves in there too (7th, and more important the 76th air assault.) Next target would be the town of Verbove, to widen the breach and cover their flanks. The front line may have been the one the Russians decided to defend the most. Too soon to call the offensive a success or failure. We may know that by the end of October. Working on pressuring Russia over the winter and increasing air defenses will need to be a priority. Conversations on a next year offensive needs to begin now. We should increase production of artillery and air defense missiles. Opportunities for a quick war have passed since Russia's winter weakness wasn't exploited and the Prigozhin coup failed; should prepare for a long war. Wagner will probably continue in some shape and form, but who will take it over? They were not that significant in the war; all they did was take Bakhmut. A Russian mobilization and new offensive is not out of the question.

2. General Bakshi of India:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXnLCH3qbcU
Key notes: Because of drones and satellites the defenders have an advantage over the attackers, even moreso than in past wars. Rocket delivered mines allowed the Russians to re-mine areas after the mines had been cleared. Offensive was initially spread too thin because Ukrainian commanders competing with each other. Americans forced a Ukrainian change at Defense minister. Ukrainians breached first line of defense at Robotyne but will they have adequate strength for second line? Russians brought troops from Kup'yans'k near Kharkiv offensive to reinforce.

Ka-52 helicopters were able to stay outside the range of Ukrainian air defenses and pick off Leopard tanks, so Ukrainians paused their offensive and decided to send infantry in on foot. Ukrainians have stepped up counter battery artillery fire and inflicted much damage on the Russian artillery locations. The fall rains will come in and end the offensive. Russians were going to have their own offensive near Kharkiv but they had to pull troops from there. He's not impressed with the Ukrainian offensive results, but says even the Americans couldn't have done better without air superiority. American talk of Ukrainians being casualty averse "is rich." Now there's talk of 44 F-16s being sent for the next offensive, but he doesn't think it'll be a gamechanger. Russia cannot mobilize the kind of people they have in past wars. China opening a second front in Taiwan next year or in 2025 would make a serious difference in Ukraine if the war is still going.

p.s. The rest of this thread is kind of a Ukrainian community trying to dominate the conversation.
View Quote

Great and helpful summary, thank you. I've been working a lot the last few weeks and have not been able to follow the thread.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#46]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3633-2949752.jpg

View Quote
That is common for armor when swimming.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
None really but if I had to a BTR
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#48]
I don’t often agree with Bruno, but he has a valid point.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#49]
A good breakdown of the fighting

10 Sep: FINALLY. Ukrainians UNLEASH THEIR TANKS & MAKE A MASSIVE ATTACK | War in Ukraine Explained

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

+1
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4842 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top