Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4938 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Originally Posted By Gudabeg:

Other than trying to destabilize the Baltics, demanding all NATO troops leave Poland, the Baltics, Romania, Bulgaria, etc.

Look at the lessons of history:

Germany in 1938 was in a position where it would struggle against the Czechs alone and was about to go bankrupt.
In 1939 it was able to only fight the Poles by sending everything it had there and praying the allies wouldn't attack in the West, and was running low on stolen Czech cash.
By 1940 it was able to crush the Allies in France, and gobbled up the resources of Western Europe to continue the war.
And by 1941 conduct a massive invasion of the USSR, and gobbled up Soviet resources and food to prevent mass starvation in Germany.

Letting our enemies grow stronger and conquer land is a horrible idea.

Though if you don't like WW2 we can use other examples like Napoleon and the Fourth Coalition where Prussia waiting to enter the war let Napoleon defeat Austria and then turn toward Prussia alone, leading to Prussia's subjugation by Napoleon.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

If only the nations of the time had acted against Germany sooner, beat Germany into submission and made sure they weren't a threat.

That's your point right?

So the US should preemptively strike Russian military assets inside of Russia, and nip the issue in the bud, yes?

I can support that.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

If only the nations of the time had acted against Germany sooner, beat Germany into submission and made sure they weren't a threat.

That's your point right?

So the US should preemptively strike Russian military assets inside of Russia, and nip the issue in the bud, yes?

I can support that.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Originally Posted By Gudabeg:

Other than trying to destabilize the Baltics, demanding all NATO troops leave Poland, the Baltics, Romania, Bulgaria, etc.

Look at the lessons of history:

Germany in 1938 was in a position where it would struggle against the Czechs alone and was about to go bankrupt.
In 1939 it was able to only fight the Poles by sending everything it had there and praying the allies wouldn't attack in the West, and was running low on stolen Czech cash.
By 1940 it was able to crush the Allies in France, and gobbled up the resources of Western Europe to continue the war.
And by 1941 conduct a massive invasion of the USSR, and gobbled up Soviet resources and food to prevent mass starvation in Germany.

Letting our enemies grow stronger and conquer land is a horrible idea.

Though if you don't like WW2 we can use other examples like Napoleon and the Fourth Coalition where Prussia waiting to enter the war let Napoleon defeat Austria and then turn toward Prussia alone, leading to Prussia's subjugation by Napoleon.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

That's your point right?

I can support that.

Not necessarily pre-emption IMO (we tried that recently and it didn't work out), but yeah, in the specific case of WWII the slippery slope ran off into the abyss once Czechoslovakia was offered up as a bargaining chip...sort of the same signal was sent to Russia in 2014 when the annexation of Crimea was allowed to occur unopposed.

Sure, responding to Crimea in 2014 might have spiraled out of control too, but now the problem at hand is much larger and the costs much higher (human cost for Ukraine, material cost for the US and NATO).

Pay now, or pay later.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#3]

Video in this tweet.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

An interesting take...
But the CCCP is dead and buried. This is a war between Russia and Ukraine. One could make a case that it's really Russia .vs NATO or the West but claiming this is a "Soviet civil war" is silly.

*also technically the American Civil War was not a "civil war" either since the South was just trying to break away and NOT trying to take control over the USA. Just like Ukraine is NOT fighting to take control of Moscow or Russia (or CCCP II).

As for the USA paying Russia...we had little choice to join up with Stalin after German declared war on the USA after Pearl Harbor. I will argue that we helped Russia way too much with lend-lease but we were losing and had no idea we would end up winning by '45.

I will agree that the USA has been rotting from the inside. Ironically the CCCP has contributed to this by working with the DNC during the cold war and fostering communism in academia.  Dont you think Russia deserves a good kick in the ass and 5% of our defense budget for that alone?
View Quote

Russia deserves a kick in the ass and everything they’ve gotten. Europe needs to pay for it though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Proof of life!  Solokov shown in video to have attended Shoigu’s conference with collegues and honored visitors. Internet video is proof positive.

I stand corrected, he is NOT pink goo decorating the basement walls at HQ Crater.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3989-2968742.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Old_Fashioned:
I’m aware.

Let me repeat. Russia will not invade a NATO country. They know they would be completely destroyed. Ukraine is not a NATO country and Russia wanted it to stay that way. Is what it is. A Soviet civil war. Desantis needs to focus on Americans, which he is trying to do. Not worry about the boogie man we helped create.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:33:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#7]
New info on the Shahed drones.

Article here: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/russias-shahed-136-drones-now-feature-tungsten-shrapnel

English dubbed video presentation with dissected drones.

BRIEFING OF THE CENTRE FOR RESEARCH OF TROPHY AND ADVANCED WEAPONS AND MILITARY EQUIPMENT

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#8]

So the House Republicans are fine with the billions spent on govt DEI programs, migrant assistance, and every other corrupt earmark. But Ohs Noes not the $300 million fir Ukraine to fight the evil empire for us?!  

Do millions even show up in the federal budget when most programs are in the tens, hundreds and thousands billions?
Asking for a working class schlub friend.

View Quote

Unless I am misunderstanding things, stripping the Ukraine funding seems like a good strategy to me, if it can pass on a separate vote. Let the Putinista wing of the GOP vote for the defense bill, and get it passed, then let the non-Putinistas and the Democrats pass the Ukraine package.

Just my 2 cents. I can't debate it any deeper than that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Quite possible the CC worked on this one.

UA only showing us hits, but I think more than this tank got saved from drone dropped granades by the CCs.

View Quote

It's possible. It's also possible that the CC got hit with something launched horizontally like an RPG that would have otherwise missed the tank...
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Another take on it.

View Quote

Yeah, that's the way I see it. It's politics. And it seems like some good politicking by the GOP for once.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Been told it was a copium mine and in it's raw unrefined state is very volatile

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Originally Posted By Prime:

Not the bridge.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7IT0gwWMAAV86X?format=jpg&name=900x900

Not sure how you catch a quarry on fire, but there ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIpLlgsSaI0

https://kerch.fm/2023/09/28/bev-storone-bondarenkovo-silnyj-pozhar-vidno-s-naberezhnoj-kerchi.html

Quarry will have big fuel tanks above ground, lots of trucks and equipment and often an asphalt plant that is pretty easy to light up.

Been told it was a copium mine and in it's raw unrefined state is very volatile

If it was Russian copium deposits it must have been massive!
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:48:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#12]
Man these fpv strikes.

https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1707420088704319709
View Quote

Those things move fast. No getting out of the way in time. If you happen to see it coming you have 1/2 second to rue your fate.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#13]

.... Desantis needs to focus on Americans, which he is trying to do.....
View Quote

yeah i'm not worried about Desantis.  its just talking points.   87% of a candidate's platform -- for me anyway -- is about domestic issues.

i have little doubt he would continue aid to Ukraine if in office -- and the House / Senate were sending bills containing aid packages.

my gut tells me he has not had the high level briefings that administration people are getting.  and probably doesn't have a lot of time to monitor this thread.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Wait, so even the US Military gets shut down this time??!! LOL democommies and their shutdowns. Like a few years ago when they paid park police to put of boards and cones to keep people from looking at scenery. Even scenery gets shutdown if the dems dont get their way!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:55:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#15]

The first video of the meeting was published by a Kremlin propagandist Zarubin. It shows the time on Putin's watch: 12:48. The full version of the video is less than four minutes, then Kadyrov's conversation with Putin stops abruptly (due to Kadyrov not looking well?).  

Zarubin published the first video at 13:11, and it only showed Kadyrov from the back. The full version was published at 13:22 and shows Kadyrov smiling.

However, the video's metadata shows that it was edited on a MacBook. About a month ago, Apple products started being banned in government offices, starting with the Kremlin. Therefore, this is either Kadyrov from a month (or more) ago, or propagandists once more broke their own rules.

Reporteldly, Kadyrov's plane is still in Moscow and there is still enforced security in Moscow's Central Clinical Hospital, but it has moved to another building.

Source: VCHK-OGPU/Telegram

Russian TG

The Cheka-OGPU obtained a recording of the “meeting” between Ramzan Kadyrov and the head of the Russian Guard, Viktor Zolotov. It was supposed to be placed in the Kadyrov channel last Monday, but they didn’t do it because the head of Chechnya looks very bad on it and can barely speak.

According to our information, this recording was made on September 21 - the same time as the recording of the “meeting” with the head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Alexander Kurenkov. Filming took place in premises located next to the fifth building of the Central Clinical Hospital of the Russian Federation, where Kadyrov is located. The recording begins with what it was made for. Zolotov says that the meeting is taking place in the Russian Guard.

Since the filming was carried out at the urgent request of the Chechen side, Zolotov clearly does not know what to talk about. He congratulates Kadyrov on his mother’s anniversary, which was in early August, and on the birthday of the republic, which was in early September. Kadyrov is trying to respond to congratulations, but he simply cannot do it. At the end of the short meeting, Kadyrov begins to speak, but the recording shows that every word comes to him with great difficulty. He speaks slowly, quietly, and stammers. And sometimes it seems like he’s completely losing his mind (especially when he talks about burning equipment and armored personnel carriers). It is not surprising that in the end they decided not to broadcast the recording. Instead, Ramzan Kadyrov’s channel posted a recording of his son Adam beating Nikita Zhuravel in a pre-trial detention center. And we immediately learned from Ksenia Sobchak that Kadyrov was “alive, healthy... eating cashew nuts very energetically.” Apparently, the medicine at the Central Clinical Hospital worked a miracle in four days.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42119

A source from the Cheka-OGPU reported that according to data as of September 27, Kadyrov, apparently, was in Moscow and at the Central Clinical Hospital. Several people saw Abuzaida Vismuradov (Patriot) in the capital, who has been responsible for Kadyrov’s security for many years. Usually, where Kadyrov is, Patroit is there. As for the flight of Kadyrov’s plane, which took off from Moscow to Grozny on September 26 and then returned, then, according to the source, the plane was carrying one of Kadyrov’s sons.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42122

A video of Putin’s meeting with Kadyrov has appeared. Straight from the Central Clinical Hospital to the Kremlin. Kadyrov looks noticeably better compared to September 21, doctors have put the head of Chechnya “on his feet.”

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42123

A source from the Cheka-OGPU said that just yesterday Kadyrov was in the Central Clinical Hospital, although not in the fifth building, where the intensive care unit is. “It was in a more secluded one-story building, accessible through checkpoint 1 from Rublevskoye Highway.”

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42124

News from a parallel universe (no, unfortunately this is reality):

At a meeting with Kadyrov, Putin proposed discussing the situation in the economy and noted that the overall situation in the republic is positive.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/19665

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:03:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#16]
Russia must be hurting bad.

Again putting out feelers to have negotiations. And a surge in “concerned” accounts wanting to leave Russia alone, we have no business interfering with their empire dreams to enslave more of Europe.

Ronald Reagan farts in their general direction.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#17]

I’m aware.

Let me repeat. Russia will not invade a NATO country. They know they would be completely destroyed. Ukraine is not a NATO country and Russia wanted it to stay that way. Is what it is. A Soviet civil war. Desantis needs to focus on Americans, which he is trying to do. Not worry about the boogie man we helped create.
View Quote

But at what point do "we" worry about the rule of law? International treaties? Mass murder, rape and kidnapping?

Only when it is happening to you? How about your immediate family? Friends? Would you watch a perfect stranger get attacked and murdered?  

Is there any military intervention by the US that you DID agree with? WWI? WWII? Korea? Vietnam? Nicaragua?

Do you thank the 100K or so Ukrainians who have died degrading Russia so you no longer worry about them?  

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By vahog:

Yeah, that's the way I see it. It's politics. And it seems like some good politicking by the GOP for once.
View All Quotes

Another take on it.

Hope y'all are correct
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Russia deserves a kick in the ass and everything they’ve gotten. Europe needs to pay for it though.
View Quote

Yes but Europe is weak and corrupt. We can help them save Ukraine now with 5% of our defense budget OR 200% in 10 or 20 years when we have to D-Day II again?
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

yeah i'm not worried about Desantis.  its just talking points.   87% of a candidate's platform -- for me anyway -- is about domestic issues.

i have little doubt he would continue aid to Ukraine if in office -- and the House / Senate were sending bills containing aid packages.

my gut tells me he has not had the high level briefings that administration people are getting.  and probably doesn't have a lot of time to monitor this thread.  
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Hope y'all are correct
View Quote

I hope so.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Unless I am misunderstanding things, stripping the Ukraine funding seems like a good strategy to me, if it can pass on a separate vote. Let the Putinista wing of the GOP vote for the defense bill, and get it passed, then let the non-Putinistas and the Democrats pass the Ukraine package.

View All Quotes

So the House Republicans are fine with the billions spent on govt DEI programs, migrant assistance, and every other corrupt earmark. But Ohs Noes not the $300 million fir Ukraine to fight the evil empire for us?!  

Do millions even show up in the federal budget when most programs are in the tens, hundreds and thousands billions?
Asking for a working class schlub friend.

I hope that works. Still a silly ass amount to make a hub bub about. I’m confident after $20 billion of earmarks are added they will pass it.

You can’t say I’m really, really serious this time every other year for 25 years and caving each time and expect to.. well..,be taken seriously.

I’m fed up with self-proclaimed conservatives that run interference for Russian aggression and corruption. And fed up with Republican who like the money trough as much as the Dems but make a show of protesting but always jump on the money train.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/fVw58iP-49.gif
View Quote

Um… yes

We gave the Soviets 11,000 planes, 6,000 tanks, 300,000 trucks, 350 trains
3,000,000 tons of food, 2,600,000 tons of gasoline. 15,000,000 pairs of boots. 400,000 jeeps.

A Soviet Union that included Ukraine and a Soviet Union that killed millions and millions of its own people. FDR paid ol Joe Stalin big time. Stalin was born in Georgia I believe, not Russia. A smart America would have let the Germans and Soviets bleed each other white and taken Berlin while the bulk of the German army was still killing Soviets between Warsaw and Moscow. Instead we green lit the Iron curtain. We absolutely helped create our own boogie man.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7HN3IJXsAE7yR7?format=jpg&name=large

The first video of the meeting was published by a Kremlin propagandist Zarubin. It shows the time on Putin's watch: 12:48. The full version of the video is less than four minutes, then Kadyrov's conversation with Putin stops abruptly (due to Kadyrov not looking well?).  

Zarubin published the first video at 13:11, and it only showed Kadyrov from the back. The full version was published at 13:22 and shows Kadyrov smiling.

However, the video's metadata shows that it was edited on a MacBook. About a month ago, Apple products started being banned in government offices, starting with the Kremlin. Therefore, this is either Kadyrov from a month (or more) ago, or propagandists once more broke their own rules.

Reporteldly, Kadyrov's plane is still in Moscow and there is still enforced security in Moscow's Central Clinical Hospital, but it has moved to another building.

Source: VCHK-OGPU/Telegram

Russian TG

The Cheka-OGPU obtained a recording of the “meeting” between Ramzan Kadyrov and the head of the Russian Guard, Viktor Zolotov. It was supposed to be placed in the Kadyrov channel last Monday, but they didn’t do it because the head of Chechnya looks very bad on it and can barely speak.

According to our information, this recording was made on September 21 - the same time as the recording of the “meeting” with the head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, Alexander Kurenkov. Filming took place in premises located next to the fifth building of the Central Clinical Hospital of the Russian Federation, where Kadyrov is located. The recording begins with what it was made for. Zolotov says that the meeting is taking place in the Russian Guard.

Since the filming was carried out at the urgent request of the Chechen side, Zolotov clearly does not know what to talk about. He congratulates Kadyrov on his mother’s anniversary, which was in early August, and on the birthday of the republic, which was in early September. Kadyrov is trying to respond to congratulations, but he simply cannot do it. At the end of the short meeting, Kadyrov begins to speak, but the recording shows that every word comes to him with great difficulty. He speaks slowly, quietly, and stammers. And sometimes it seems like he’s completely losing his mind (especially when he talks about burning equipment and armored personnel carriers). It is not surprising that in the end they decided not to broadcast the recording. Instead, Ramzan Kadyrov’s channel posted a recording of his son Adam beating Nikita Zhuravel in a pre-trial detention center. And we immediately learned from Ksenia Sobchak that Kadyrov was “alive, healthy... eating cashew nuts very energetically.” Apparently, the medicine at the Central Clinical Hospital worked a miracle in four days.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42119

A source from the Cheka-OGPU reported that according to data as of September 27, Kadyrov, apparently, was in Moscow and at the Central Clinical Hospital. Several people saw Abuzaida Vismuradov (Patriot) in the capital, who has been responsible for Kadyrov’s security for many years. Usually, where Kadyrov is, Patroit is there. As for the flight of Kadyrov’s plane, which took off from Moscow to Grozny on September 26 and then returned, then, according to the source, the plane was carrying one of Kadyrov’s sons.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42122

A video of Putin’s meeting with Kadyrov has appeared. Straight from the Central Clinical Hospital to the Kremlin. Kadyrov looks noticeably better compared to September 21, doctors have put the head of Chechnya “on his feet.”

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42123

A source from the Cheka-OGPU said that just yesterday Kadyrov was in the Central Clinical Hospital, although not in the fifth building, where the intensive care unit is. “It was in a more secluded one-story building, accessible through checkpoint 1 from Rublevskoye Highway.”

https://t.me/vchkogpu/42124

News from a parallel universe (no, unfortunately this is reality):

At a meeting with Kadyrov, Putin proposed discussing the situation in the economy and noted that the overall situation in the republic is positive.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/19665

View Quote

Note to self - If I ever become a dictator that does not rein in the Summarian times like Conan the Destroyer, lose the fucking male bracelet jewelry that tells time. The end.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I really wish that Georgia would take this opportunity to get froggy with Putin.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:03:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#26]
VIDEO

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jough43:
I really wish that Georgia would take this opportunity to get froggy with Putin.
View Quote
Hear, hear
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:05:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lycurgus] [#28]

Um… yes

3,000,000 tons of food, 2,600,000 tons of gasoline. 15,000,000 pairs of boots. 400,000 jeeps.

A Soviet Union that included Ukraine and a Soviet Union that killed millions and millions of its own people. FDR paid ol Joe Stalin big time. Stalin was born in Georgia I believe, not Russia. A smart America would have let the Germans and Soviets bleed each other white and taken Berlin while the bulk of the German army was still killing Soviets between Warsaw and Moscow. Instead we green lit the Iron curtain. We absolutely helped create our own boogie man.
View Quote

Note how a seemingly innocuous and irrelevant statement is injected into this post. This statement's purpose is to subtly sway the uninformed to the notion that the Russians were just as much victims of the "Soviets" as were other nationalities, and that they are not responsible for any of the crimes committed under the Soviet Union. In GD we've seen other such supposed "historical facts" (regarding Katyn, Holodomor) from supposedly learned posters that attempt to sway the reader to the notion that the Russians are not guilty of Soviet crimes and that other nationalities bore the burden of such crimes.

The only place in previous years past that I ever heard a statement such as "Stalin was a Georgian" was out of the mouths of Russians in the Baltics who attempted to white wash Russia and her complicity in the monstrous crimes of the Soviet Union.

It worth noting that Russia has never denounced the Soviet Union. They still celebrate it as evidenced by visible symbology all over Russia (Hammer and Sickle, Red Star). They have even rehabilitated Stalin. Thus Russia, and not Ukraine, not the Baltics, etc. owns the crimes of the Soviet Union.

Stalin was a Georgian, but he ruled in Moscow to the ultimate benefit of Russia. And Russia to this day idolizes Stalin the Butcher; Russia to this day OWNS Stalin and his crimes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jough43:
View Quote

They’re not there yet, but it’s cooking.

Youth for Lazarus - a rally will be held at the presidential administration tomorrow

"Young people for Lazarus" - tomorrow, September 29, an action will be held near the administration of the president. Citizens will gather from 19:00. They demand the release of Lazare Grigoriadis, who was arrested during the March protests.

"On Friday at 19:00, young people are gathering for Lazare at the administration of the president, to tell the president and the Georgian dream once again that Georgia will never be a "province of Russia" and to immediately release Lazare Grigoriadis, a fighter for the European future of Georgia. Georgia will definitely be a worthy member of the European family", - Organizations write.

For information, the detained young man participating in the protests against the Russian law, the term of pre-trial detention was to expire by the end of the year, and the court, to which the investigation has not yet submitted evidence, would be forced to release him. On September 25, Lazare Grigoriadis was sentenced to one year and 6 months of imprisonment in the case of family conflict  .

Also, on March 31, the Tbilisi City Court sentenced Lazare Grigoriadis, who was arrested during the March protests, to prison as a preventive measure. According to the statement of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, he threw a so-called Molotov cocktail twice at the policemen during the March 7 protest, as a result of which several policemen were injured. He is also accused of burning a police car. The case is being investigated under Articles 353 and 187 of the Civil Code. If found guilty, the detainee faces 7 to 11 years in prison.

https://mtavari.tv/news/135978-akhalgazrdebi-lazarestvis-khval-prezidentis

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Video of several Ukrainian FPV drones attacks in Sudan. Against Wagner forces. Interesting…

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By lycurgus:

Note how a seemingly innocuous and irrelevant statement is injected into this post. This statement's purpose is to subtly sway the uninformed to the notion that the Russians were just as much victims of the "Soviets" as were other nationalities, and that they are not responsible for any of the crimes committed under the Soviet Union. In GD we've seen other such supposed "historical facts" (regarding Katyn, Holodomor) from supposedly learned posters that attempt to sway the reader to the notion that the Russians are not guilty of Soviet crimes and that other nationalities bore the burden of such crimes.

The only place in previous years past that I ever heard a statement such as "Stalin was a Georgian" was out of the mouths of Russians in the Baltics who attempted to white wash Russia and her complicity in the monstrous crimes of the Soviet Union.

It worth noting that Russia has never denounced the Soviet Union. They still celebrate it as evidenced by visible symbology all over Russia (Hammer and Sickle, Red Star). They have even rehabilitated Stalin. Thus Russia, and not Ukraine, not the Baltics, etc. owns the crimes of the Soviet Union.

Stalin was a Georgian, but he ruled in Moscow to the ultimate benefit of Russia. And Russia to this day idolizes Stalin the Butcher; Russia to this day OWNS Stalin and his crimes.
View All Quotes

Um… yes

Very good post.

The entire history of Russia is a feudal authoritarian oligarchy that rules from  Moscow/St Petersburg to funnel resources from outer provinces through the “nobility” at the impoverishing expense of everyone outside those urban centers. And when the deplete those resources they invade more countries to replenish the resource bank they can suck dry as well.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

A Stalin we bailed out yes. They’re a terrible bunch and we bailed them out. All I want is a president that puts America first. We lost 60,000 men in Vietnam and now buy shoes from the guys that killed them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 7empest:
All this pearl clutching over one little orc..

Ask yourself if tomorrow Canadian soldiers invaded America and were raping and murdering their way across the country what would you do?

Personally I think the droned orc was lucky he didn't end up piked as a warning to the rest of the invading horde.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

But at what point do "we" worry about the rule of law? International treaties? Mass murder, rape and kidnapping?

Only when it is happening to you? How about your immediate family? Friends? Would you watch a perfect stranger get attacked and murdered?  

Is there any military intervention by the US that you DID agree with? WWI? WWII? Korea? Vietnam? Nicaragua?

Do you thank the 100K or so Ukrainians who have died degrading Russia so you no longer worry about them?  

View Quote

I watched the buildup to this war and the invasion. Ukraine fought well and the Russians overestimated their strength and underestimated Ukraine. I despise Russia and don’t care what happens to them. I responded a couple pages back on Desantis because I want a president that puts America first. Not World Police. We can’t afford it.

3 of my four Grandparents served in WW2, absolutely it was the right cause. Never should have helped the Soviets though. We could have let them and the Germans kill each other and stopped the Iron curtain.

Now I see China is buying Ukrainian grain. I’m sure when the wars over they’ll keep those connections and we’ll be left holding the empty bag again.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#35]
100% possible USA pressures this. Two ways this would go and neither good. First is it sends a message at least comparable or worse than what happened in Afghanistan (only this time the right will shoulder the blame) or, secondly, once Russia sees the west is out and UA is on their own, they double down and press the conflict further.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CMOS:

I'm concerned that the USA will pressure UKR to take a "land for peace" deal, which would send a terrible message to Russia ("Go ahead, do another land grab in 5 or more years and expand your territory again...").

CMOS
100% possible USA pressures this. Two ways this would go and neither good. First is it sends a message at least comparable or worse than what happened in Afghanistan (only this time the right will shoulder the blame) or, secondly, once Russia sees the west is out and UA is on their own, they double down and press the conflict further.

My understanding is that this is do or die culturally for the orcs and they can't quit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I decided not to take that hit of acid
after watching that vid.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Ike838:

My understanding is that this is do or die culturally for the orcs and they can't quit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CMOS:

I'm concerned that the USA will pressure UKR to take a "land for peace" deal, which would send a terrible message to Russia ("Go ahead, do another land grab in 5 or more years and expand your territory again...").

CMOS

Violent expansion always is for them. Their culture is to steal from one another, lie pathologically, and position of power to accumulate the maximum wealth. They steal more than the produce so the have to keep expanding the territory they can steal from to maintain their lifestyle (oligarch down to housewife).

If they are prevented from expanding they will collapse within 20 years. Their appetite will not be satisfied without periodic grabbing of territory by violence and subversion.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#38]

I watched the buildup to this war and the invasion. Ukraine fought well and the Russians overestimated their strength and underestimated Ukraine. I despise Russia and don’t care what happens to them. I responded a couple pages back on Desantis because I want a president that puts America first. Not World Police. We can’t afford it.

3 of my four Grandparents served in WW2, absolutely it was the right cause. Never should have helped the Soviets though. We could have let them and the Germans kill each other and stopped the Iron curtain.

Now I see China is buying Ukrainian grain. I’m sure when the wars over they’ll keep those connections and we’ll be left holding the empty bag again.
View Quote

Feed corn, specifically.
They’ll also remember what China is doing for Russian defense industry.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

after watching that vid.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

after watching that vid.

lol, it does suck when they try to film from another display screen showing the action.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I'd say it is do or die politically for the head orc and he can't quit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

they are going to attach something stupid to it so it won't pass.

GURANTEE IT
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

they are going to attach something stupid to it so it won't pass.

GURANTEE IT
View Quote

No. Lucy is finally going to let Charlie Brown kick the football. After all these years. Just this once. Maybe.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#44]

lol, it does suck when they try to film from another display screen showing the action.
View Quote
I thought it was previously unrelease footage of the Battle of Hoth at first.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#45]

I’m aware.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

News update for you - Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia are NATO members now. Maybe you didn't know that. Those are also historically part of Russia, according to Russia.

I’m aware.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Xiden and his demo-commie comrades are corrupt filth and will NEVER put America 1st (or 87th). And if we abandon Ukraine, let them fight with sticks and rocks until they die or become slaves, THAT WILL NOT CHANGE! This is not a zero-sum deal where every dollar spent on Ukraine comes out of our border security budget. If Xiden got back every penny from Ukraine, not one red cent would go to securing our border or making America better. Hell, every dollar sent to Ukraine is one less dollar spent for ruining our country!

In a perfect world, we could kick Russia's ass AND save the America we grew up in for our kids. If I could do only one, sure, I would save America. But now its a choice of doing none (fucking over good people fighting our enemies) or helping Ukraine. All the "fuck Ukraine", "it's not our war", "Europe's problem let them handle it" isn't going to put America first. Regardless of it we end up saving America or not, at least we can be the good guys and help save good people fighting our enemies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Might this become more popular as Russian wives see their husbands not being exchanged?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3968-2967730.jpg

View Quote
Another lucky RU
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#49]
ABOUT THE SITUATION IN KARABAKH (ARTSAKH)

Russian intervention in the hostilities at this stage would inevitably lead to the defeat of our contingent. Russia is now unable to fight on several fronts... I also agree with the thesis that “to fight for Armenians instead of Armenians” would be both stupid and criminal in relation to the peoples of Russia...

At the same time, I cannot help but note that Russian peacekeepers were unable to prevent hostilities. The blame for this does not lie with the military... Taking on imperial functions without the ability and willingness to actually support them looks pathetic and can lead to nothing but curses from all warring parties...

Igor Strelkov, 09/27/2023

https://t.me/strelkovii/6379

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

Yeah I thought my meds were fucking with my eyes again!
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4938 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top