Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4943 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m35ben:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

I spit whiskey all over the keyboard, you owe me !
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Time to shoot commanders in the face
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Yesterday we ran the shoot house course. Initially we do four man teams, and then progress to two squads of four. The first runs are run dry to work on the basics of CQB. Afterwards we either do it with blanks or paintballs. This run was with paintballs.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-09-29-22-04-04-915_com_g-2970222.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-09-29-22-03-40-048_com_g-2970224.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-09-29-22-05-14-762_com_g-2970225.JPG

Today was an assault on several buildings. Let's just say that many mistakes were made. Don't forget to look up. Don't ignore the guy lobbing grenades out of windows and an attic. After today we quickly saw they need to run some of these scenarios again. Everything fell apart when the shit hit the fan. Just two enemies wasted most of the team today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-09-29-22-03-01-161_com_g-2970229.JPG

Weapon of choice today....
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-09-29-22-02-48-400_com_g-2970230.JPG
View Quote

paintballs can be an extremely effective means of training, especially when your all gooped up after not clearing your piece of the pie. and not fatal. the more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Is this the wedge and opening for the UN to assert that nuclear power plants in conflict zones be made exclusion zones protected by independent UN peacekeepers? That's a hairy mess any way you slice it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Once Ukraine got on the board of directors the IAEA has gotten a spine. All eyes will be on ZPP from now on.

on the immediate return of the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant under Ukraine's full control, the Energy Ministry reported on Sept. 29.

Full article for those running low on X

Is this the wedge and opening for the UN to assert that nuclear power plants in conflict zones be made exclusion zones protected by independent UN peacekeepers? That's a hairy mess any way you slice it.

I might be wrong but I'm thinking they are setting up an avenue for Russia to leave the site without admitting defeat!
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Kill numbers are dropping

Waiting for the 700-1000 again
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:31:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#6]

Fixed one detail.

It baffles me that Putin would rather be a client state of China than a partner with Europe. But that's where he is and the course he's charting. They think China's going to be better to them than Euro & US?

Putin and his cadre have to go, then we can maybe start putting pieces back together with a new generation of Russian leaders.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:
This war is a win win for China.

It weakens both the west by deleting their stockpiles and stores at least short term and Russia has been gutted to the point the CCP claimed sovereignty over Russian territory and the only thing Russia did was put their hand in China’s pocket like a prison bitch.

A real consequence of this war could be Russia becoming a vassal for the CCP or China takes eastern and central Russia by force.
 Either of which greatly complicate our fight with China.

Fixed one detail.

It baffles me that Putin would rather be a client state of China than a partner with Europe. But that's where he is and the course he's charting. They think China's going to be better to them than Euro & US?

Putin and his cadre have to go, then we can maybe start putting pieces back together with a new generation of Russian leaders.

Yes exactly.

Let’s get a few things straight here:

Regime change.  Putin must die (or be locked up in The Hague) and his regime must disappear, just as the Nazis did.  No appeasement; no negotiation; no compromise.

WWII ?  It does not matter.  It’s tiny compared to the real war.  WWII was at most 7 years for some; 3 years for us.

3 years of war is NOTHING compared to the real war:  1945 to 2003:  the Cold War.  The REAL WAR.  We have been at constant war with Russia for 78 years!!

I’ve said it before:  the ONLY war for the last 78 years has been: the Cold War.  There was no Vietnam war, no Korean War - those were only battles.  If your relatives bravely fought for the USA (as mine did) they fought in the Vietnam battle, or the Koran battle (still going on, BTW), against Russia.  But the fact remains: only the Cold War matters.  78 years of war.  Time to finish this.

Ukraine? Sure, it is sad.  Tremendously sad.  But let’s keep our focus here:  the common goal must be acknowledged and furthered at all costs:

- the total destruction of the current Russian government.  

My sincere hope is Ukrainian territorial integrity is fully restored and Ukraine either joins NATO and EU, or tests their own nuke (maybe both).  Then we, meaning the USA and the EU can implement the new Marshal plan: rebuilding Ukraine and welcoming them into the West alongside their Slavic EU brethren. They are ready and we are ready to welcome them.

But the real goal hear, the overarching goal here, is regime change in Russia.

Once we finish off Russia, we must continued the strategic pivot towards Asia.

War with China is not a question of “if” but only of “when.”
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By crwdplsr:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crwdplsr:

Or fragging them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:

An airline passenger notified the authorities after a Chinese woman filmed the Norwegian Air Force's air base at Evenes. The police were notified, and the woman was arrested.

The woman filmed from the right side of the plane as they landed from the south. From here she could see - and film - the hangars where the Norwegian F-35 aircraft are on 15-minute standby for NATO.

- She filmed, wrote something in Chinese, and sent film and photos from the phone, says the fellow passenger.
View Quote

Honestly, I think anyone on this site would have done the same thing!  F35's are cool birds.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Good article. The undercover Spetsnaz agent was killed in his service.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/09/30/ukrainian-agent-infiltrates-russian-spetsnaz-helps-expose-crimes/

Two of the agents sought on criminal charges for sabotage and bombings of civilians.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

There's something to be said for taking the Israeli approach to this. You send a drone into our territory, we send a dozen missiles back and destroy the launch point. Over.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:

There's something to be said for taking the Israeli approach to this. You send a drone into our territory, we send a dozen missiles back and destroy the launch point. Over.

That is the only language terrorist understand.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
It breaks my ruthless heart when Ukraine can only afford one HIMARS for a target that's absolutely begging for a full salvo of six.
View Quote

Yeah, all those Russian out in the open, was about to be a parade. One lousy round clobbered maybe 20% but the rest needed attention also.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:
@Fund_GARISSON

Here is the balaclava displayed in my classroom.  My kids (fourth grade) begged me to let them be in the picture giving you guys a bunch of thumbs up!  They are very pro Ukraine. But the county would have my head for posting their pictures on AR15.com.  LOL

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/270175/Balaclava_jpg-2970560.JPG

ETA  My kids thought it was the coolest thing in the world that this had come to their classroom all the way from the front lines in Ukraine.  A few times a week someone raises their hand and asks about how things are going in Ukraine.  Kids being kids, they hate bullies.  They would give you all of our nuclear weapons if they could!

Huge thanks!
View Quote

Fantastic!!  What a great way to inspire a new generation to not let terrorists win.

You have great kids in your class. 👍👍👍

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Looks like an opportunity to demonstrate just what it looks like when the west wants to destroy something. After all, lots of defense contractors haven't had a chance to show off new/classified toys yet, and they will sell better with cool video montages.

View Quote

I hope Serbia realizes this. NATO has been looking a little flaccid dealing with Russia, fearing "escalation" or due to corruption but Serbia would be wise not to let NATO flex hard and take out their frustration on them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
You gotta see Pavel Gubarev talking frankly about Russia's aims.

Pavel Gubarev defines Russia's goals

He doesn't mince words, genocide is the goal, because Ukraine just won't accept being part of Russia, and Russia just wont accept independent Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Agreed. That video was showing a miss. The largest troop concentration was unaffected, the next group was slightly affected, and they wrecked one van. That strike was a Ukrainian fail, unless there's more to the picture we didn't see.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
It breaks my ruthless heart when Ukraine can only afford one HIMARS for a target that's absolutely begging for a full salvo of six.

Absolutely. In so many videos I am saying that is a great first hit. Now 50 yards to the right and pour it on boys. But the video ends.

Agreed. That video was showing a miss. The largest troop concentration was unaffected, the next group was slightly affected, and they wrecked one van. That strike was a Ukrainian fail, unless there's more to the picture we didn't see.

I wouldn't call it a miss or a fail. Truck is damaged too, probably tungsten rain. Survivors are walking.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Yeah, if the US MIC really applied all their devious genius and bottomless budgets, some truly horrifying FPV drones could be developed. I'm sure it will happen eventually seeing how devastating they have been.

I could see giant rooms filled with thousands of remote operators, each zooming a tiny 1:25 size Reaper drone at individual enemies on a future battlefield. Drones that fire mini AIM120 missiles at each other...and not even talking about AI and autonomous drones that maybe land and wait for weeks, recharge themselves via solar panels, then come to life suddenly when some poor shlub 11B passes by.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Very impressive drone attacks. Those drone pilots are very good flying in a dynamic battle space with EW, often near the range limit and diving below the “line of sight” of radio reception.

I wish the West had production capacity in place to produce tens of thousands of cheap FPV drones with hardened control circuits for Ukraine. They need tons of cheap one-hour FPV as well as hundreds of larger, sophisticated 1,000km drones. The Shahed in its new configuration with micro jet and tungsten BBs is a good baseline. Have an alternate incendiary payload too.

Yeah, if the US MIC really applied all their devious genius and bottomless budgets, some truly horrifying FPV drones could be developed. I'm sure it will happen eventually seeing how devastating they have been.

I could see giant rooms filled with thousands of remote operators, each zooming a tiny 1:25 size Reaper drone at individual enemies on a future battlefield. Drones that fire mini AIM120 missiles at each other...and not even talking about AI and autonomous drones that maybe land and wait for weeks, recharge themselves via solar panels, then come to life suddenly when some poor shlub 11B passes by.

That is a scary thought!
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AlaskaJohn:

I wouldn't call it a miss or a fail. Truck is damaged too, probably tungsten rain. Survivors are walking.

https://i.imgur.com/Ci9hqVS.png

https://i.imgur.com/nb2W79H.png
View Quote

That was a wasted round
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:
@Fund_GARISSON

Here is the balaclava displayed in my classroom.  My kids (fourth grade) begged me to let them be in the picture giving you guys a bunch of thumbs up!  They are very pro Ukraine. But the county would have my head for posting their pictures on AR15.com.  LOL

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/270175/Balaclava_jpg-2970560.JPG

ETA  My kids thought it was the coolest thing in the world that this had come to their classroom all the way from the front lines in Ukraine.  A few times a week someone raises their hand and asks about how things are going in Ukraine.  Kids being kids, they hate bullies.  They would give you all of our nuclear weapons if they could!

Huge thanks!
View Quote

Your students have more common sense than a number in GD.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:07:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#23]
Former SBU general sentenced to a year in prison in Serbia

The former head of the SBU's Main Directorate of Internal Security, Andriy Naumov, has been convicted of money laundering. He was arrested in #Serbia last summer - he was carrying 600,000 euros, 125,000 dollars and precious stones in his car.

On February 24, 2022, he fled #Ukraine hours before the #Russian invasion. Now the Ukrainian side is seeking the extradition of the fugitive general to his homeland.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Gun post

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Gun post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7NsU8rXkAA7Ams?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Is that a 16" with a super thin rail? Almost looks like a 20".
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:33:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FG24U] [#26]

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

That was a wasted round
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

That was a wasted round

Tough crowd, beginning to sound a lot like R0N.

I prefer to believe that whoever ordered that fire mission knew what they were doing.
Perhaps the white van was carrying the unit commander, or maybe hot chow. We don't know.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#28]

The former head of the SBU's Main Directorate of Internal Security, Andriy Naumov, has been convicted of money laundering. He was arrested in #Serbia last summer - he was carrying 600,000 euros, 125,000 dollars and precious stones in his car.

On February 24, 2022, he fled #Ukraine hours before the #Russian invasion. Now the Ukrainian side is seeking the extradition of the fugitive general to his homeland.
View Quote

Former SBU general.. that betrayed Ukraine.. then fled just before the invasion.

I wonder if the Ukraine electric chair has a SLOW ROAST setting?

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:47:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DASJUDEN] [#29]

I prefer to believe that whoever ordered that fire mission knew what they were doing.
Perhaps the white van was carrying the unit commander, or maybe hot chow. We don't know.
View Quote

No, he's right. Unless this was a deliberate targetting of a named individual HVT (and by that I mean a division commander or higher) this was a weapons pairing failure. If you've got a limited amount of GMLRS, using them on troops in the open is less than ideal. You're not only using up a limited precision asset to hit an area target, you're exposing the HIMARS launch unit to detection/counterbattery fire.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:54:38 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Knowing that stuff like this was going on, it's really a wonder that Ukraine withstood that initial assault. This guy was not the only one compromised, just the highest-ranking (that I know of). FSB has been screwing with Ukraine for 20 years, their tentacles were dug in deep. But even with all that, there were enough Ukrainians in enough positions that did NOT want to be Russian that they fought off the big invasion and are still fighting, bleeding, and dying for Ukraine's freedom.

And scum like this guy will get theirs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:00:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

No, he's right. Unless this was a deliberate targetting of a named individual HVT (and by that I mean a division commander or higher) this was a weapons pairing failure. If you've got a limited amount of GMLRS, using them on troops in the open is less than ideal. You're not only using up a limited precision asset to hit an area target, you're exposing the HIMARS launch unit to detection/counterbattery fire.
View Quote

Did not look like GMLRS to me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

All we know is that the great majority of Russians in that location are alive to kill more Ukrainians today. We see a LOT of videos in this thread where too many Russian soldiers survive to walk away and kill again another day. Ukraine needs double, triple of everything - GMLRS, 155MM, M113, M109, Bradley, Stryker, Abrams, F16, UH60, mortars, more, more, MORE!!! Because they aren't killing anywhere near enough Russians anywhere near fast enough to win the war and expel the fascist Nazi scum who invaded their country. Russia won't quit until they're forced to quit, and that means shiploads more munitions.

And R0N is right: we don't have enough on hand to send, and ramping up takes time. That's the scary part: we did not have enough weaponry to fulfill our NATO obligations to defend Europe from Russian invasion. WTF?
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:09:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#33]

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:10:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlaskaJohn] [#34]

All we know is that the great majority of Russians in that location are alive to kill more Ukrainians today. We see a LOT of videos in this thread where too many Russian soldiers survive to walk away and kill again another day. Ukraine needs double, triple of everything - GMLRS, 155MM, M113, M109, Bradley, Stryker, Abrams, F16, UH60, mortars, more, more, MORE!!! Because they aren't killing anywhere near enough Russians anywhere near fast enough to win the war and expel the fascist Nazi scum who invaded their country. Russia won't quit until they're forced to quit, and that means shiploads more munitions.

And R0N is right: we don't have enough on hand to send, and ramping up takes time. That's the scary part: we did not have enough weaponry to fulfill our NATO obligations to defend Europe from Russian invasion. WTF?
View Quote

You are preaching to the choir. I just don't believe that the Ukrainians would waste limited resources. Someone approved that fire mission for a reason and their fire control system (can't remember what it is called at this moment)* is very responsive.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIS_Arta
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View Quote

Going off the video claim that it was a HIMARS and there are multiple warheads for GMLRS, unless you think it was a GLSDB? I've only ever seen an ATACMS strike in person and only the aftermath of GMLRS strikes so I'm not sure what the explosion looks like for the various GMLRS warheads.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:11:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#36]
Pre-dupe 😅
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:20:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Some Ukrainian street interviews for a change, asking about negotiations.

Do Ordinary Ukrainians Want Peace Talks with Russia? Street Interviews

I'd love to know how selectively they edit; do they include every interview? Do they only include the ones that match their views?
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:38:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#39]
Apparently Gen Mark “Run Away-Liar-Let’s Call The  Enemy” Milley is retiring.

Good riddance. I heard it took two forklifts to get his ego out the door.

When reporters jokingly asked him whether he was taking any confidential documents with him, Milley replied stone faced, “No I sent Xi copies of everything so he won’t get worried that we’re going to attack him. If I need anything I know where to find him.”

Gen Milley was whisked away in Air Force 32 while his wife and children and grandchildren ran after the jet trying to leave DC as well. Seven family members were taken to Bethesda hospital for injuries suffered when trampled in the exit melee.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I want the most meat per round.

A single m31a1 round would have been sufficient had it been targeted 50m to the south. The frag range would have killed all of them. So would a DPICM.

Use the best tool for the job.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 12:48:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#41]
We were recently assured that no way, no how would Russia attack a NATO country. Some genius forgot to send the memo to Vlad Mad Putin.

A second drone (sources tell me) was heard a few dozen minutes ago.

Even if these drones are not intentionally sent by Russia against Romania, they may also have implications for observing Romania's response. At the same time, these drones are only arriving in #Romania because of the Russian Federation, the one that initiated this illegal, immoral, illegitimate and unprovoked invasion!

Brăila (7.5 km away from the alleged site of the drone explosion) is a city with a population of 155,000 inhabitants, making the Galați-Brăila concentration the largest urban concentration after the Bucharest capital area.

The Romanian authorities must respond firmly this time!
View Quote

First time is happenstance. Second time is coincidence. Third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh time are enemy action. 😂

NATO is tepidly inching SAM launchers forward from hundreds of kilometres away so as to not you know, the “E”-word.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:00:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:02:18 AM EDT
[#43]
...we did not have enough weaponry to fulfill our NATO obligations to defend Europe from Russian invasion. WTF?
View Quote

We NEVER had enough to fulfill our NATO obligations. We weren't going to get into a protracted artillery war with Russia at any point. We were going to use F-117's to bomb a corridor as wide as possible through their air defenses and shove as many F-111's and B-52's through said corridor to nuke Moscow and whatever else we could get to. We just hoped our armor could hold them long enough in the Fulda Gap that we could take out the Kremlin and force them into capitulation.

There's a reason the F-111's called it "Warsaw Pact Central Heating" and they flew so many nap-of-the-earth radar bombing sorties up through Scotland. They sat alert at RAF Upper Heyford and RAF Lakenheath with nukes in the bomb bay.

I may still have a VHS of the Pave Tack "sizzle reel" around somewhere. I should find it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Gun post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7NsU8rXkAA7Ams?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

that is one double fannypack wearing badass!
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:18:30 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm told aid to ukraine passed the house. Rs put up 131 against it while pro-Ukraine Rs voted for it (101) and most of the democrats did.

next is the house.

24b is nice, but I was hoping for 48b.

And start valuing aid appropriately.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Will someone please remind Vlad the Mad he doesn’t want to invade a NATO country. Please?  GD will be much sad. 😭😭😭

Russian State TV Lays Out Plans for New Empire

Targets for restoring the empire: Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, Poland and Georgia.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:22:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JohnnyC:

We NEVER had enough to fulfill our NATO obligations. We weren't going to get into a protracted artillery war with Russia at any point. We were going to use F-117's to bomb a corridor as wide as possible through their air defenses and shove as many F-111's and B-52's through said corridor to nuke Moscow and whatever else we could get to. We just hoped our armor could hold them long enough in the Fulda Gap that we could take out the Kremlin and force them into capitulation.

There's a reason the F-111's called it "Warsaw Pact Central Heating" and they flew so many nap-of-the-earth radar bombing sorties up through Scotland. They sat alert at RAF Upper Heyford and RAF Lakenheath with nukes in the bomb bay.

I may still have a VHS of the Pave Tack "sizzle reel" around somewhere. I should find it.
View Quote

F-111s, radar bombing, and Pave Tack. So many memories. Beacon on, confirm offset mode.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:36:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Going off the video claim that it was a HIMARS and there are multiple warheads for GMLRS, unless you think it was a GLSDB? I've only ever seen an ATACMS strike in person and only the aftermath of GMLRS strikes so I'm not sure what the explosion looks like for the various GMLRS warheads.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

M30 is really distinctive and this certainly wasn't that. It was HE-FRAG of some sort, looked contact fused, seemed small for GMLRS, we didn't see a missile in even one frame (usually we do) and it missed, which usually GMLRS doesn't. I suspect it was dumb artillery. The social media people are calling everything that explodes GMLRS now. Also, it doesn't strike me as the right target set for GMLRS either, and it seems lately there are no shortages of higher value targets to service with GMLRS so I'm skeptical on that account also.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:39:45 AM EDT
[#49]

F-111s, radar bombing, and Pave Tack. So many memories. Beacon on, confirm offset mode.
View Quote

Call me insane but a modern F-111 with some semi stealth characteristics, delta wings and a pair of F-22 engines for supercruising would be really slick. Using standoff munitions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 2:02:36 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyC:

Well, Kyiv is 2/3 the way to Moscow. Ought to be an easier run now. 😁

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4943 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top