Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4944 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 2:05:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#1]
VIDEO

A few weeks ago, the Navy Intelligence Department received information from operational sources that two servicemen of the Ukrainian Armed Forces have been in the temporarily occupied territory since the beginning of the full-scale invasion, where they participated in battles with the occupiers, were seriously injured, and were unable to independently enter the territory controlled by Ukraine. All this time, they were in an illegal situation and successfully hid, thanks to local residents.

An evacuation plan was prepared, the implementation of which also involved the Command of the Armed Forces of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, whose units provided fire cover during the exit of the group.

Thanks to the joint efforts of two servicemen who had been in the occupied territory for more than a year and a half, it was possible to bring them to the territory controlled by Ukraine the other day 🤝"

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 2:16:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Amazing near record numbers for artillery every day now. Seems there would be substantial change in the front unless Russia has moved them from some areas to bulk up on the break through. That would leave some very bare lines somewhere.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#3]
File: RUSSIA WILL NEVER ATTACK A NATO COUNTRY

Exhibit: 87ish

We’re fine. We’re totally not being attacked. Russia just being Russia, don’t ya know?

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:00:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:06:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:11:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#6]
Russia lies. 100%. All day, every day 24/7. Lying is expected of them. It is their daily job. Everyone. Tell whatever lies are necessary to believe you are the bay, have the best and deserve the best.

VIDEO
And not Russia at all.

This is a terrible, hostile and dying Poland, the city of Elblag.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:08:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#7]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:11:05 AM EDT
[#8]
The causes and victims are still unknown, there is no official information.

In total, four explosions occurred in the village of Pogar, Bryansk region.

Two were near the administrative building, the third was in a field next to a gas station, and the fourth hit an electrical substation, local residents told us. There is no electricity in at least four settlements.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:17:23 AM EDT
[#9]
This could get spicy. Does the UN have the balls to shun Russia?

who is currently a dean at the Faculty of Law of Vytautas Magnus University and member of the Venice Commission, Dainius Zalimas.

"Russia should be formally excluded not only from the Security Council, but from the UN in general. There is a reason for this — aggression as a serious violation of the UN Charter. But this is impossible because the exclusion is approved by two-thirds of the UN General Assembly after the recommendation of the Security Council. We all understand that Russia will not agree with such a recommendation and impose a veto," he said.

"But there is a mechanism to exclude Russia from the UN de facto. This is a refusal to recognize the authority of Russian representatives through a majority vote in the General Assembly, as well as in the Security Council. This is a procedural issue, it is impossible to veto it in the Security Council.

The basis is the policy of the Russian government, which is not peaceful and is directed against the objectives and principles of the UN, which are laid down in the organization's Charter. There’s already been such a precedent in relation to the Republic of South Africa, when its representatives were not recognized due to the policy of apartheid", Zalimas added.

Speaking about the UN as an organization responsible for upholding peace and security in the world, he noted: "Like any other international organization, the UN is only a collection of member states.
If they cannot agree on an effective response to aggression, the UN cannot do anything beyond that.

The UN is not something independent of the member states."
According to Zalimas, even when this international organization is reformed, the very nature of the UN will not change since the will of the member states will still be required for effective action.

As reported, President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine has called on the UN to deprive the Russian Federation of powers in the General Assembly and Security Council as a terrorist state.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:49:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Must see short VIDEO

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:04:24 AM EDT
[#13]

If these artillery loss numbers are anywhere near accurate, how much longer until Russia is going to be functionally out of artillery in some areas of the front?

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#15]
The Turkish company Baykar, the manufacturer of combat drones Bayraktar TB2, plans to invest 100 million dollars in three projects in Ukraine.

One of the investments is a factory for the production of drones, the construction of which has already begun.

According to the general director of Baykar Halyuk Bayraktar, the construction of this plant has already begun, and it is planned to complete it within a year and a half.

It will be recalled that earlier the company's general director stated that Baykar has not supplied and will never supply its products to Russia , as it supports the sovereignty of Ukraine and its struggle for independence.

As "Pryamiy" reported, the Turkish company Baykar Makina highly appreciates the skills of the Ukrainian military in the use of Bayraktar TB2 combat drones.

Meanwhile, the press secretary of the President of the Russian Federation, Dmytro Peskov, threatened to "demilitarize" the Turkish drone production plant Bayraktar after it is built in Ukraine.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:12:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#18]
There are two “Surovikin Lines” at once: the first is the same system of defensive lines that everyone is talking about, and the second “Surovikin Line” is some kind of cruel division into those who consider the general almost a traitor for the surrender of Kherson and those who consider him our true hero.
I’ll try to clarify from my bell tower, even though I’ve already raised this topic once.

Some (leadership) at one time quite seriously considered the possibility of responding to the supposed enemy offensive with our equally large-scale offensive. Instead of the expected defense, the option of a large-scale attack was considered. This could surprise the enemy, but the consequences for us would be terrible. Military expediency was dominated by the political opinion that “we cannot be the retreating side.”

General Surovikin, through character and courage, managed to literally push through the unpopular decision at the top to throw all his forces into defense. In fact, it was Surovikin who put an end to the cap-shaking strategy, pushing through the construction of a powerful fortification system, which allowed us to avoid completely indecent turns. At the same time, the defense lines were built not in the way that is usually customary to build for budget money, but in a way that no one has ever built in the history of modern Russia.

At the same time, the military are pragmatic people, and therefore no one ever thought of building a “defense line that cannot be passed” - anything can be passed. The question is prices. The enemy could pass through the current defensive lines only at the cost of a Pyrrhic victory, which would consume all his forces. Such a line was created, but at first its creation was defended by the authorities. And it was Surovikin who did this.

I’ve already told you about Kherson, but I don’t want to repeat it. It was not Surovikin who created the reporting system, which in the end managed to deceive even ourselves. Is it his fault for what happened? Yes, we are all to some extent guilty of this. Would they be able to hold Kherson? Let historians argue twenty years from now, we still don’t have even a tenth of the truth, not only about the enemy’s forces there, but also about our REAL capabilities.

Will Surovikin return to the army? I don’t really believe it, because I know well how the system works. And I won’t give any assessments to anyone. This is all the experts without me. But sometimes you need to honestly call a spade a spade, you just need to remember the realities of what is happening. And move on.

And who will be on which side and which one or the Surovikin Line will be - these are definitely not questions for me. Last night we encountered large-scale cassette fire (the intensity went far beyond the usual) without a clear response from our side. These are the questions that worry me a lot more now

https://t.me/shouvalov/119

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:44:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

No, he's right. Unless this was a deliberate targetting of a named individual HVT (and by that I mean a division commander or higher) this was a weapons pairing failure. If you've got a limited amount of GMLRS, using them on troops in the open is less than ideal. You're not only using up a limited precision asset to hit an area target, you're exposing the HIMARS launch unit to detection/counterbattery fire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:
Originally Posted By AlaskaJohn:

Tough crowd, beginning to sound a lot like R0N.

I prefer to believe that whoever ordered that fire mission knew what they were doing.
Perhaps the white van was carrying the unit commander, or maybe hot chow. We don't know.

No, he's right. Unless this was a deliberate targetting of a named individual HVT (and by that I mean a division commander or higher) this was a weapons pairing failure. If you've got a limited amount of GMLRS, using them on troops in the open is less than ideal. You're not only using up a limited precision asset to hit an area target, you're exposing the HIMARS launch unit to detection/counterbattery fire.

True, but there is speculation the video is mislabeled.  That may not be a GMLRS round, because it is a smaller blast than what we've seen of GLMRS.  I suspect it was an Excalibur or other guided round.  The video cuts out, but I wish when the Ukrainians have nice targets lined up like that that they could quickly get 4 guided rounds onto the targets quickly.  They could have wiped out quite a force and dealt a demoralizing blow to the Russians.

This is a known HIMARS strike on Russian manpower, notice the difference in scale.

???? ??????? ??????????? ??????? ?????? ????????? ?? ????????? ????????
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:57:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#20]

Salt, packet, 1 ea.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:01:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#21]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Drone strikes the radar directly in the second drop.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:03:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]

Absolutely fantastic video from the occupation forces: they claim to be carrying rotten weapons, and ten of them arrive to storm a wooded area defended by up to a hundred ZSU soldiers, supported by two tanks. Despite this, they agree to carry out such an order because they are "for Russia". The occupier says that if something bad happens to them, the recording will appear on the Internet. Apparently "something bad" happened.
View Quote

Same video, more context.

The men, counting 10 members plus 5 in support, were told to occupy a residential area in Klischiivka, where Ukrainian superiority was tenfold, in addition to firepower from Leopard tanks.

They added that in Klischiivka, Russians already lost 1000-1200 soldiers senselessly. This was necessary to enable positive reports on the news about Russian counterattacks in the area.

Recorded on 19 September, the video was meant to be released to the public if "something went wrong" with the men. Their fate is not known.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#25]

The Investigative Committee of Russia has opened a criminal case on large-scale fraud against the Novik industrial group engaged in the repair of Russian warships, Russian media report.

According to the investigation, the criminal schemes were coordinated by former MP of the State Duma Alexei Lyashchenko, who headed Novik from the company's formation in June 2009 until its bankruptcy in September 2016. According to the Kommersant newspaper, Mr. Lyashchenko is now hiding in the UAE because of a criminal case over non-payment of salaries to the company's employees. Last year, Moscow's Basmanny Court arrested Lyashchenko in absentia, but after an appeal, a Moscow City Court judge overturned the decision.

Investigators believe the embezzlement was committed between 2014 and 2016, when Novik was engaged in the repair of warships under subcontracts with the Yantar, Sevmash, Northern Design Bureau, Granit, Zvezdochka and 35th ship repair plants. The heads of the plants transferred advances to Lyashchenko in the amount of 40-80% of the contract value, which were allegedly spent on Novik's risk insurance, but in fact, the insurance companies cashed in the money received and returned it to the alleged embezzlers after deducting interest, the Kommersant writes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Keep an eye on this one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JohnnyC:

We NEVER had enough to fulfill our NATO obligations. We weren't going to get into a protracted artillery war with Russia at any point. We were going to use F-117's to bomb a corridor as wide as possible through their air defenses and shove as many F-111's and B-52's through said corridor to nuke Moscow and whatever else we could get to. We just hoped our armor could hold them long enough in the Fulda Gap that we could take out the Kremlin and force them into capitulation.

There's a reason the F-111's called it "Warsaw Pact Central Heating" and they flew so many nap-of-the-earth radar bombing sorties up through Scotland. They sat alert at RAF Upper Heyford and RAF Lakenheath with nukes in the bomb bay.

I may still have a VHS of the Pave Tack "sizzle reel" around somewhere. I should find it.
View Quote

When I was doing avionics while stationed at Lakenheath many years ago, we worked on the planes in Victor Alert, which had the nukes. I will never forget the awe and beauty of those nukes. Just sleek, silver with black nose cones. My logic never could fully process how such a small beautiful weapon could create so much damage. And yes, the electronics in those F-111-F's were impressive. With a signature the size of a bird and high toss accuracy of the bombs, way back then.... no wonder why we don't spend a lot of effort on artillery tubes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Call me insane but a modern F-111 with some semi stealth characteristics, delta wings and a pair of F-22 engines for supercruising would be really slick. Using standoff munitions.
View Quote

Rumor had it, some of the F-111s were doing over mach 2. Watched one during war games almost make vertical on take-off. Not too shabby for a plane designed in the 60's.... and that was then. When I first arrived after tech school, our barracks were close to the end of the runway. Holy fuck. The building shook while the brakes were applied and the plane had full afterburners. No wonder some still are valued. Still fairly fast. Plenty of bomb carrying capability. Good ECM gear. And the pilots have an enclosed canopy if they have to eject. As much as I love the Warthog over here in Aberdeen, I still, if a pilot would have no issues flying in an F-111.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#31]

whether crooked, disabled or crippled ... thrown into slaughter without equipment or ammunition".

Russia promised to "protect" these people from Ukrainians but instead mobilised all men and threw them into meat assaults, killing tens of thousands, and leaving their region in absolute ruin.

The "13th" is complaining that despite this sacrifice, it took a whole year to "annex" these territories. And those who survived the Russian World are now being prosecuted if they decided to save their life and flee.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#33]

"Vostok" battalion telegram channel published a message today saying their base was again attacked with HIMARS missiles. This follows a report from about a week ago when a vehicle carrying Khodakovsky was struck with HIMARS, but missed closely, and he was lucky to get out alive.

This time, a building was hit where training was taking place, and Khodakovsky was on one of the floors, but managed to survive, again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Political opposition to the S-300 donation from Bulgaria

Our country received a refusal to repair the S-300 anti-aircraft missiles even before the start of the war in Ukraine. Defense Minister Todor Tagarev explained this to NOVA . According to him, the Ministry of Defense is ready to implement the decision of the National Assembly to send a new aid package to Ukraine. In parallel, the authorities are starting a revision of the country's defense policy.  After the decision of the deputies for a new tranche of military aid for Kiev , the Minister of Defense responded to the criticism of the opposition in the parliament. According to him, the defective missiles for S-300 complexes are unusable and have no chance of repair.

"Attempts have been made to restore their operability, these attempts have failed, as for decades we have been relying on insurance from the Russian Federation alone . The refusal to work on these missiles was before the war began. The relevant Russian company explained, that they can't do what we would like, and we don't have the potential to deal with their recovery ourselves," Tagarev said.

At the same time, the Minister of Defense expressed hope that in the last week before the vacation, the parliament will give the green light for the purchase of 198 Stryker combat vehicles. As the assurances are that the American equipment will come to us with full equipment.

" Our intention is not to acquire machines with wheels and a cannon , but the complete set of communications, combat control systems, ammunition, simulators for training. The package is quite complete and will allow the formation of three battalion groups," explained Tagarev.

And because of the changing geopolitical situation and the military actions in the vicinity, the government is rolling up its sleeves and starting a review of the country's defense policy. The Defense Commission approved the shipment of defective missiles to Ukraine. According to him, the preliminary review began in 2019

https://dariknews.bg/novini/bylgariia/tagarev-za-s-300-bylgariia-e-poluchila-otkaz-za-remont-na-raketite-oshte-predi-vojnata-v-ukrajna-2361162

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#36]

F-111s, radar bombing, and Pave Tack. So many memories. Beacon on, confirm offset mode.
View All Quotes

We NEVER had enough to fulfill our NATO obligations. We weren't going to get into a protracted artillery war with Russia at any point. We were going to use F-117's to bomb a corridor as wide as possible through their air defenses and shove as many F-111's and B-52's through said corridor to nuke Moscow and whatever else we could get to. We just hoped our armor could hold them long enough in the Fulda Gap that we could take out the Kremlin and force them into capitulation.

There's a reason the F-111's called it "Warsaw Pact Central Heating" and they flew so many nap-of-the-earth radar bombing sorties up through Scotland. They sat alert at RAF Upper Heyford and RAF Lakenheath with nukes in the bomb bay.

I may still have a VHS of the Pave Tack "sizzle reel" around somewhere. I should find it.

F-111s, radar bombing, and Pave Tack. So many memories. Beacon on, confirm offset mode.

F-111F AN/AVQ-26 Pave Tack System
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
I'm told aid to ukraine passed the house. Rs put up 131 against it while pro-Ukraine Rs voted for it (101) and most of the democrats did.

next is the house.

24b is nice, but I was hoping for 48b.

And start valuing aid appropriately.
View Quote

Where is the list of the votes?
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7RSXZLXsAA-N_M?format=png&name=medium
View Quote

Previous post provides context.

The Supreme Commander-in-Chief apparently is not aware that the commanders in our army unanimously ignore his orders.

For example, part of the 34th brigade (KCR), and more specifically the assault detachment "Storm", which operated separately from the entire brigade, in a different direction, today these remnants are assigned to the 136th brigade. And in this very detachment, those mobilized have not been on vacation for more than a year, on that very vacation of two calendar weeks that the President promised from the screens. (That is, people were not on vacation at all)

And this situation is not only in this unit, but in the majority.

And whoever says that “mobilization is not needed”, I would like them to go to the front themselves and live for a year without leave on the front line. Freaks.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/19727

And yes, mobilization in the LDPR began on February 22, 2022! (Almost a year earlier than in all of Russia)

Those mobilized from the LDPR were thrown to slaughter without equipment, ammunition and equipment; they went into battle without any social and other guarantees, as well as salaries (and their salary was 70 thousand rubles per month). There was also no compensation.

Rowing absolutely everyone, crooked, askew, old, young, those who served and those who did not serve, as well as the disabled and crippled.

And now, almost two years later, from the moment the North Military District began, a kind man accepted them into Russia, and they, fed up with injustice and losses, fled in all directions.

And according to the new laws, a tribunal awaits them all for leaving their unit without permission.

So, wait a minute.

That is!

Not caring about the lives and destinies of ordinary people, you brilliant people just decided to kill everyone and imprison them?

So we already seem to have accepted the “new territories” into Russia?

Or are people not included in this formulation of “territory”?

https://t.me/Separ13_13/19730

This is how we drove at the very beginning of the war in Donbass, although at that time this abbreviation was called ATO, not SVO, a strange pun.

What’s interesting is that to mark “friend or foe” we then used white bandages, or St. George’s ribbons, or no bandages at all, and the crests used a yellow ribbon; there were no other designations.

And in the photo you can see that on my unloading, the supply of slings is secured with blue electrical tape. Then no one would have paid attention to this, but today the blue marks are identification marks among crests. So it goes.

https://t.me/Separ13_13/19732

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Someone says that drones are imba. Someone says that drones are not a panacea. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

That fpv, that maviks - quite stupid against well-buried infantry. The main thing is not to scatter junk, because they will screw it up and set it on fire. And you will all play Dasha the fireman in unison.

Dugouts for a loved one should have an entrance in the shape of the letter G. And it is covered. Because the Russians like to fly right to your door. Also, at the entrance, you need to make a rising step or a hole. To catch grenades. Well, an armored blanket or just a blanket - should be at the entrance to the dugout itself. Everything that burns must be hidden away from the entrance. Digging niches in the trenches and hiding your junk there. Things will get wet and be eaten by fragments.

But against infantry that is trying to gain a foothold - drones swoop in like ravens and genocide all living things. Shelters destroyed after shelling. It's super effective.

During the day (and if you have access to thermal drones, then also at night), drones are able to paralyze almost any work on setting up positions. But sooner or later the drones will eat their way through. No matter how cool the pilot is. Two Maviks were shot down by the shooter. The Russians will also run out of BC for the on-duty police station. Therefore, it will not work to harrass the position 24/7.

FPVshki do not replace mortars and AGS. But they, in conjunction with the mavics, can send the puss to where it needs to go within 30-60 seconds. It is not always accurate, but FPVshka has a longer response time.

The nets over the trenches must be constantly updated. Constantly work! People are lazy a lot.

For:

a) we will knock them out and dig again in a new place;
b) we will be knocked out and we will dig in a new one.

Sergeants make people dig, officers monitor it. Slowly, but the work is going on. Logistics is a separate type of perversion. And there is quite a big chance that the machine with the materials will get stuck and will not reach the point.

I have already bought a new backpack. The boys have spare cups. The blood is not mine. The injured is fine. There was a slight fright.
I'm pumping takmed skills) guys are also pumping these skills.

With a backpack in general hochma. Thought of changing it. I ordered a new one. He arrived at the new post office. On the same day (before leaving for the city), a blob arrived and an old backpack instead of a giveaway on Facebook - it went in the trash. Things survived. I recommend backpacks from STS - they burn very badly.

(c) Choopeek

American infantryman

https://t.me/usinfantryman1/15353

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Knowing that stuff like this was going on, it's really a wonder that Ukraine withstood that initial assault. This guy was not the only one compromised, just the highest-ranking (that I know of). FSB has been screwing with Ukraine for 20 years, their tentacles were dug in deep. But even with all that, there were enough Ukrainians in enough positions that did NOT want to be Russian that they fought off the big invasion and are still fighting, bleeding, and dying for Ukraine's freedom.

And scum like this guy will get theirs.
View Quote

It will be a similar story with Taiwan. And the USA...
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:17:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#42]
By the looks of it, Ukrainians started a proper hunt for the traitor and pseudo-intellectual Aleksandr Khodakovsky, and know his exact location.

"Vostok" battalion telegram channel published a message today saying their base was again attacked with HIMARS missiles. This follows a report from about a week ago when a vehicle carrying Khodakovsky was struck with HIMARS, but missed closely, and he was lucky to get out alive.

This time, a building was hit where training was taking place, and Khodakovsky was on one of the floors, but managed to survive, again.

Бог любит троицу 🤷‍♂️
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JTF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WpPO9_Zed0
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JTF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WpPO9_Zed0

lol, I love how the system says "R2D2" near the extending sensor ball.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By METT-T:

Nobody should be under any illusions about Ukrainian nationalists killing Polish civilians before and during WWII. Not in service of Nazi Germany but for their own purposes.

SS, UPA, OUN, whatever. When the Russians talk about Banderites that's what they're hitting at and they get legitimate mileage out of it. Forget the Azov wolfsangel and sonnenrads: every time you see that red and black flag or Pravy Sektor patch that's a direct reference to a political-military movement that took deliberate measures to murder Polish civilians as a matter of policy. Herding women and children and old men into Catholic churches and setting them on fire, cutting kids in half. Nasty, brutal stuff. And the Poles haven't forgotten.

Traditionally a rough neighborhood.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By METT-T:
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Since the topic of the SS Galicia is in the news, I wanted to post some info since much of the conservative media is yet again posting a Kremlin narrative unfortunately.

Many are very ignorant about what the Galicia SS was. It was NOT a typical German SS unit, it was a military unit ONLY used only for front line combat. Ukrainians that joined pledged:

- ONLY to fight Russian communists since Russia just a few years earlier deported 300,000 Ukrainians to die in Siberia AND Stalin murdersd between 7 - 12 million Ukrainians in the Holodomor in 1931, the largest genocide by famine in order to wipe out Ukrainian history, ethnicity, culture, and language (something that was going on for hundreds of years between Muscovites/Russians and Kyivan-Rus people/Ukrainians).

- Ukrainians stated that they are NEVER to be positioned to fight ANY Allied force (and in the rare instance where they wound up faced off with one like France, they surrendered), and they never fought the Allies

- The SS Galicia funneled weapons to the Ukrainian Insurgent Army which was fighting and killing the Russians AND the Germans

- At one point, SS Galicia Units joined the Ukrainian Insurgent Army in mass

- The Ukrainian SS Galicia were NOT political Nazis nor did they consider themselves Nazis (Nazis killed over 2 million Ukrainians in WW2, my family wound up in a German camp and their home, business, and farm were taken)

- the Russians HATED Ukrainians and their partisan groups so as they say, the victors write the history and they did- filled with lies about Ukrainians

I won't list a bunch of books about this because ARFCOM is book/reading phobic,  but here is one interview which may be of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOQHS0EPDc0

I tried but the discussion was taking more time than I had

I went to wiki, and they did kill many Polish civilians. To me end of story, and its up to Poland to proceed with extradition of who every that guy is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS_

It also talks about how they joined the UA army.  Still, they were involved with murdering civilians

Nobody should be under any illusions about Ukrainian nationalists killing Polish civilians before and during WWII. Not in service of Nazi Germany but for their own purposes.

SS, UPA, OUN, whatever. When the Russians talk about Banderites that's what they're hitting at and they get legitimate mileage out of it. Forget the Azov wolfsangel and sonnenrads: every time you see that red and black flag or Pravy Sektor patch that's a direct reference to a political-military movement that took deliberate measures to murder Polish civilians as a matter of policy. Herding women and children and old men into Catholic churches and setting them on fire, cutting kids in half. Nasty, brutal stuff. And the Poles haven't forgotten.

Traditionally a rough neighborhood.
One can say the same about the WWII Japanese flag, which is also the current flag. They were allowed to keep their old flag

The WWII Japanese flag mass killed Chinese civilians.  Its currently represents a different Japan

Likewise, the red/black flag represents a different people today, which is also inclusive of Jews
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Call me insane but a modern F-111 with some semi stealth characteristics, delta wings and a pair of F-22 engines for supercruising would be really slick. Using standoff munitions.
View All Quotes

I remember this being talked about when the F-22s were still in production: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_FB-22

Attachment Attached File

A shame it never happened.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:14:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#47]
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

When I was doing avionics while stationed at Lakenheath many years ago, we worked on the planes in Victor Alert, which had the nukes. I will never forget the awe and beauty of those nukes. Just sleek, silver with black nose cones. My logic never could fully process how such a small beautiful weapon could create so much damage. And yes, the electronics in those F-111-F's were impressive. With a signature the size of a bird and high toss accuracy of the bombs, way back then.... no wonder why we don't spend a lot of effort on artillery tubes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

It’s silly to think we were depending on nukes.    We would have destroyed Russian Artillery and Armor the same way we destroyed Saddam’s Army:   Achieve Air superiority.    Eliminate means of resupply.   Pick off and attrit high value targets every day for a month or more. After enemy forces are starved, demoralized..
Hooked Armored thrust behind the lines of defense.  

It was never going to be a one for one, tube for tube slugging match, although it’s interesting to see Ukraine winning that way too, based on the range and accuracy of Himars.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Telegram scraper and search... You might want to use Tor.
https://www.telemetryapp.io/
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#49]
How to Read Russian Army Battle Maps
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Will someone please remind Vlad the Mad he doesn’t want to invade a NATO country. Please?  GD will be much sad. 😭😭😭

Russian State TV Lays Out Plans for New Empire

Targets for restoring the empire: Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, Poland and Georgia.
View Quote

I missed posting that one!

Propagandist explains Russia is restoring its empire

Who was it here who just recently said Russia will never invade a NATO state? Mardan says explicitly that there will be more territories taken and added to the list for "reunification." He doesn't say what they are, but everyone knows the historical extent of the Russian empire.

If Russia can bring back the Russian empire, should the British empire be restored? The Spanish? It's absurd. Putin and his cronies are anachronisms, obsolete by more than a century. Mardan says, "I am a citizen of a great, powerful nation." LOL, his nation is going to be nothing but a client state to China. Russia is geographically the largest country in the world, but politically and economically a puny runt.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4944 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top