Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4946 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 3:46:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By woozman:
So since the CR passed by the house doesn’t contain any funding for Ukraine is that the end of US support unless something else passes or do the allocations of previously committed equipment continue?
View Quote
the admin wants to continue using the remaining ~$5.3 B $1.6 B in drawdown authority, but McCarthy and the rest of the red putin simp republicans were trying to put a poison pill in the CR disallowing that. Not sure if that passed in the final version.

All other Ukraine legislation would be through another bill or set of bills unless the senate votes no on the CR and forces the issue.

ETA: There is also the USAI funding issue to deal with, but that’s another kettle of fish.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]

"We are launching new productions. We are expanding those that gave results before a full-scale invasion. We are investing in new technologies and new developments. We are ready to help everyone who produces high-quality weapons for our army," Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:00:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

Fuck the MIC!

On a serious note, this war definitely has shown the quality of our stuff. Countries all over the Globe on the phone with Lockmart so they can get HIMARS.

And Chinese think tanks putting out papers on how they'll deal with the HIMARS threat for a amphibious invasion. Lol.

America seems to have that fear factor for many systems that the Tiger had in WW2.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Keep an eye on this one.
View Quote

I posted previously about it, the election is this weekend
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Fuck the MIC!

On a serious note, this war definitely has shown the quality of our stuff. Countries all over the Globe on the phone with Lockmart so they can get HIMARS.

And Chinese think tanks putting out papers on how they'll deal with the HIMARS threat for a amphibious invasion. Lol.

America seems to have that fear factor for many systems that the Tiger had in WW2.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Fuck the MIC!

lol, People get mad at me for being in the MIC, but they never seem to complain about the Chinese or Russian MICs that we are trying to stay ahead of.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#10]

I am probably wrong, but I think the "support Ukraine fund" or whatever its called still has like 10-20 billion left in funding. So I think we can keep sending weapons for a little bit yet.

It is very concerning regardless.

I mean, imagine in 1943 and we decide to stop helping Britain or putting troops there.
View Quote

The one consolation is the hilarity of Gaetz sinking a bill that sought to strengthen the border and cut spending to instead get a bill that has higher spending, no extra border security, but doesn't send more money to Ukraine.

Seems to me he's putting his vendetta against Ukraine above protecting America's borders and interests.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

"Marxism can be summed up in one way: hate the man who is better off than you are.".
View Quote

Jealousy, envy, and malignant narcissism. Russian society in a nutshell.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Gudabeg:

The one consolation is the hilarity of Gaetz sinking a bill that sought to strengthen the border and cut spending to instead get a bill that has higher spending, no extra border security, but doesn't send more money to Ukraine.

Seems to me he's putting his vendetta against Ukraine above protecting America's borders and interests.
View Quote

For as much as people say they "don't care" or "fuck both" they really are just as much in "I oppose the current thing" mode as the people who are in "I support current thing."   For the same reason.  Red team vs blue team bullshit and because they've been conditioned by their chosen media consumption to care.

If someone says "I don't care about X, I care about Y," but 90% of their time is spent talking about X... then its not hard to figure out what they actually care about.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:17:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#13]

(Violent) A russian soldier returns to Kaliningrad from invading Ukraine, promptly goes back to murdering people on the streets.

https://twitter.com/antiputler_news/status/1707790560214323614

It's a twitter link that won't embed for me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kncook:

I don’t think so at all.

I think China is pissed at Russia and if they don’t do what they want in the next year or two it’s over for their ambitions.

We aren’t “gutting” ourselves of anything g that would be needed vs China. What we are doing is prodding awake our sleepy defense industry awake to ramp up weapon production. Have you seen weapon sales for this? We are also now forced to face the supply chain issues with china before they ever made their big move on Taiwan.

This has energized the US defense industry. The 1980s HARM missiles, Cluster munitions that were set to be decommissioned, block 28/32 F16s, and all the old M113s, old gear etc that has been given away is getting replaced by new shiny stuff. New LRASM Missile production is now pumped to go through the roof because of what we are seeing and learning. F35 production through the roof, evaluating accusation channels with China/Russia in mind more closely, etc.

All this stuff is NOT what china wanted.

View Quote

FY 24 & 25 after inflation are pathetic and the shutdown will only excacerbate that. Now those reflect US internal politics imo seperate from the situation in Ukraine but I’ll wait to see how this all unfolds, especially given 2024 election kicks in 3 months from now. This all of course boils down to Xi Jinpings timeline. Nothing happens on Taiwan? Not till 2030? I have my time frame but one never knows until time passes or shit happens.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Army General Oleg Salyukov, Commander-in-Chief of the Ground Forces: To improve the effectiveness of the combat against the enemy's manpower, the T-90M tanks use the new Telnik fragmentation projectiles with ready-made striking elements and aerial detonation  in the trajectory.

3OF82 is the most epic long project in the field of ammunition in the Russian Federation - it was in development for more than 25 years. It was first presented in 2016. The Telnik-1 R&D work was completed in 2014. The Telniks are being converted into conventional ZOF26.

The effectiveness has been confirmed by the results of the Telnik design and development project, which showed a 6-8 times increase in the probability of hitting ATGM-type targets at ranges up to 3 km compared to firing the standard 3OF26.
View Quote

btvtinfo.blogspot.com

More info in russian.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

"Ukraine didn't give Muh Trump the 'dirt' on the Bidens so Trump could win. So fuck Ukraine!"
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]

lol, People get mad at me for being in the MIC, but they never seem to complain about the Chinese or Russian MICs that we are trying to stay ahead of.
View Quote

Well you know,  I'm not saying the MIC is flawless or above criticism when it merits it. But they're not churning out junk. US weapons designed in the 80s and 90s are proving to be a match for the latest Russia has.

We should be putting our most precious resource first. Which is the lives of our young men and women. If it was the other way around, people here would be screaming their heads off about all the casualties we're taking and why didn't we invest in this or that.

Yeah stuff costs more, we shouldn't be cheaping out on our future warfighters.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Well you know,  I'm not saying the MIC is flawless or above criticism when it merits it. But they're not churning out junk. US weapons designed in the 80s and 90s are proving to be a match for the latest Russia has.

We should be putting our most precious resource first. Which is the lives of our young men and women. If it was the other way around, people here would be screaming their heads off about all the casualties we're taking and why didn't we invest in this or that.

View All Quotes

Certainly, I agree with you on all counts.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/D2B81D48-99F5-45D6-811C-53B35C0076AA-706.gif

Yeah, I would like to see geolocated info about these.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Good Lord.  That's a lot of shrapnel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#22]

This is something that triggers me. Because GD acts like the US is the most corrupt country ever..... at least when it's a Democrat in the WH. But corruption is far far far worse in much of the rest of the world.

I mean we need to fight corruption here. But we're still Mt Olympus compared to much of the rest of the world.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By Prime:

Russia is rotten to the core, they destroy themselves more than any one else

This is something that triggers me. Because GD acts like the US is the most corrupt country ever..... at least when it's a Democrat in the WH. But corruption is far far far worse in much of the rest of the world.

I mean we need to fight corruption here. But we're still Mt Olympus compared to much of the rest of the world.

Very true.

Even comparative pikers like Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and India require bribes as a matter of daily life to customs officials, police, etc. Grease for the wheels of bureaucracy.

But Russia Mir is full on Institutionalised Kleptocracy and organised crime and terrorism.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:57:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#23]
ETA - MOAR https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/09/30/grant-shapps-to-send-uk-troops-to-ukraine/
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Squatch:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171820/Screenshot_2023-09-30_at_3_50_37_PM_png-2971430.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171820/Screenshot_2023-09-30_at_3_50_37_PM_png-2971430.JPG

Almost 1,800 pounds, can have a lot of frag or pellets.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

That’s a great move. Quality and affordability. CZ makes great small arms.

I hope one day to be able to buy a civilian Ukraine rifle with my avatar engraved. 😁

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By swede1986:

Anyone whose weapons haven’t been ”proven” in Ukraine is pretty much fucked in the current market.

Any arms maker, whether Euro or American, would be retarded to try to keep their weapons out of Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swede1986:
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Originally Posted By JohnnyC:
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Did we ever get the big announcement Zelensky was going to make?

I think it was the announcement that Ukraine wants to become a defense production powerhouse and has something like 30 countries signed on.

I wonder how many European conglomerates will regret their govts sending arms to Ukraine.

Oh well it was bound to happen, they would be smart to target all the Russian customers and stay away from the bigger ones.

Anyone whose weapons haven’t been ”proven” in Ukraine is pretty much fucked in the current market.

Any arms maker, whether Euro or American, would be retarded to try to keep their weapons out of Ukraine.

Ukraine needs to sell something like a “Good Housekeeping” seal for certified performance against Russian stronk.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:07:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#29]

View All Quotes

Warhead 480–700 kg (1,060–1,540 lb)

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Terrific post. Spot on with the great benefit to US industry. I bet we easily sold an extra 200 F35 and stirred up interest in F15EX and F-16s. HIMARS machine go  Brrrrrrrr 😂

I just wish we were dazzling the Rooskies with the abilities of TOMAHAWKS.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Fuck the MIC!

My only complaint is any waste on stupid ideas so a general can land a consulting gig in retirement. I am all for providing our troops with the absolute best and in quantity.

Too bad our navy and air force systems are not getting much of a workout. Marines were smart to start emphasising misiles. I hope their plans are for great quantities of them in various ranges.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Terrific post. Spot on with the great benefit to US industry. I bet we easily sold an extra 200 F35 and stirred up interest in F15EX and F-16s. HIMARS machine go  Brrrrrrrr 😂

View All Quotes

They can't handle the Tomahawks, we can fly them in formation.

Baghdad bound Cruise Missile Formation
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:23:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#33]

Very true.

Even comparative pikers like Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and India require bribes as a matter of daily life to customs officials, police, etc. Grease for the wheels of bureaucracy.

But Russia Mir is full on Institutionalised Kleptocracy and organised crime and terrorism.

View Quote

"Every country has a mafia. Russia's mafia has a country".
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#34]

My only complaint is any waste on stupid ideas so a general can land a consulting gig in retirement. I am all for providing our troops with the absolute best and in quantity.

Too bad our navy and air force systems are not getting much of a workout. Marines were smart to start emphasising misiles. I hope their plans are for great quantities of them in various ranges.

View All Quotes

Fuck the MIC!

I agree, but we have to watch for that kind of waste wherever it shows up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Your fucked on EW with those. Lol. No satellite jamming or signal jamming is saving your ass.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#36]

need help from technical folks on how to deal with these.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I’m extremely suspicious of this one for how closely it’s edited to the explosion. Stop and zoom and in and you’re still seeing the fade out from the previous clip with actual people present, plus that giant watermark mucking the image up, and then BOOM.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#38]
ETA - MOAR https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/09/30/grant-shapps-to-send-uk-troops-to-ukraine/
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:46:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#39]

View Quote
yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:50:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#40]
yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:
View All Quotes

yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:

They are not.

It looks like this is a continuation of the mission that left in FEB2022.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/feb/12/uk-troops-sent-to-help-train-ukrainian-army-to-leave-country-this-weekend

Edit to your edit- YES, that’s the part that’s ballsy.

In an interview with The Telegraph, Grant Shapps said that he had held talks with Army leaders about shifting an official British-led training programme “into Ukraine” rather than relying on UK and other Nato members’ bases. He also called on more British defence firms to set up factories in Ukraine.

Following a trip to Kyiv last week, Mr Shapps also revealed that he had talked to Volodymyr Zelensky, the Ukrainian president, about how Britain’s Navy could play a role in defending commercial vessels from Russian attacks in the Black Sea.

Both moves would mark a significant escalation in the UK’s involvement in defending Ukraine against Vladimir Putin’s onslaught.

Mr Shapps also:

Suggested Britain should reprise Liz Truss’s pledge to increase defence spending to three per cent of GDP, saying he viewed the Government’s current target of 2.5 per cent as a “staging post”;
Revealed that Britain was finding ways to help Ukraine “shape up” for Nato membership;
Ruled out diversity “quotas” in the military;
Insisted that migrants who settle in the UK should learn English and “be a productive part of society”, as he weighed in behind Suella Braverman in a row over the Home Secretary’s comments on multiculturalism;
Said it would be “pretty much irresponsible” not to reconsider plans for the HS2 rail line in light of the costs of Covid and the war in Ukraine.
As part of the British-led Operation Interflex, more than 20,000 recruits from the armed forces of Ukraine have received training in the UK since the start of 2022, learning battle skills at bases such as Salisbury Plain, which Mr Shapps visited on Friday.

But Nato members including the UK have avoided official deployments of troops to Ukraine owing to the risk of Western personnel being drawn into combat with Russia. Last year, Russia struck a base holding foreign fighters with about 30 missiles.

However, following a briefing with General Sir Patrick Sanders, the Chief of the General Staff, and other senior personnel at Salisbury Plain, Mr Shapps said: “I was talking today about eventually getting the training brought closer and actually into Ukraine as well.

“Particularly in the west of the country, I think the opportunity now is to bring more things ‘in country’ – not just training, but also we’re seeing BAE [the UK defence firm], for example, move into manufacturing in country, for example.

“I’m keen to see other British companies do their bit as well by doing the same thing. So I think there will be a move to get more training and production in the country.”

Separately, having assured Mr Zelensky on Wednesday that the UK “will continue to stand shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine”, Mr Shapps suggested that Britain was preparing to play a more active role helping the country to defend itself against attacks in the Black Sea, where Russia has been increasingly targeting cargo ships carrying grain.

The Defence Secretary, who replaced Ben Wallace in a mini-reshuffle a month ago, said: “We’ve seen in the last month or so, developments – really the first since 2014 in the Black Sea, in Crimea – and Britain is a naval nation so we can help and we can advise, particularly since the water is international water.

“It’s important that we don’t allow a situation to establish by default that somehow international shipping isn’t allowed in that water. So I think there’s a lot of places where Britain can help advise. [I] did discuss it with President Zelensky and many others this week.”

Deploying British troops to Ukraine or offering naval support in the Black Sea would mark a significant escalation in the UK’s involvement in the conflict.

But Mr Shapps’s remarks also appear to mark a shift in the Government’s approach to publicly discussing the deployment of personnel – a move that was mirrored by France on Saturday when the French military revealed that its aircraft were carrying out surveillance over the Black Sea.

It has previously been claimed that up to 50 British personnel were among Western special forces present in Ukraine earlier this year – a matter that the Government would never discuss publicly.

During a short-lived Tory leadership campaign last summer, Mr Shapps said the UK must raise defence spending to three per cent of GDP.

The higher target was adopted by Ms Truss but then scrapped when Jeremy Hunt became Chancellor in October last year in favour of a 2.5 per cent ambition.

Asked whether he still wanted to reach three per cent, Mr Shapps said: “I think it’s important that we understand that freedom isn’t free. You have to pay for it and it also keeps us prosperous.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/09/30/grant-shapps-to-send-uk-troops-to-ukraine/

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I am probably wrong, but I think the "support Ukraine fund" or whatever its called still has like 10-20 billion left in funding. So I think we can keep sending weapons for a little bit yet.

It is very concerning regardless.

I mean, imagine in 1943 and we decide to stop helping Britain or putting troops there.

Mark Levin called this out on his show yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#42]
yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:
View Quote

We are stuck with bumbling Biden while other nations have real leaders.

Maybe being apart of the common wealth wouldn’t have been so bad after all
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By METT-T:

I guess they must like the Bren. I haven't seen or heard much about the Tavor or the Vulcan since the early days.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By METT-T:

I guess they must like the Bren. I haven't seen or heard much about the Tavor or the Vulcan since the early days.

It is interesting as Ukraine has the Tavor and ACE under license. Yet I don't think I've seen a single photo of a Tavor or Galil ACE this entire war. They must have built very few, and I assume lack of funds and corruption kept them from actually being built in number.

Poland has donated thousands of Grot rifles as well. But I think more M4/C7 rifles have been donated. Canada is supposed to be buying something like 30,000 M4/M5/M16/C8s from Colt Canada and Colt. I have a feeling at the end of the day Ukraine will end up adopting an AR variant long term.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#44]
yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:
View All Quotes

yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:

The new talking point will shift from, "Europe should be doing all the heavy lifting, this is their fight," to, "Europe is only acting this aggressively because they expect us to bail them out if it goes hot."
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

We are stuck with bumbling Biden while other nations have real leaders.

Maybe being apart of the common wealth wouldn’t have been so bad after all
View Quote

If Twitter is any indication, it’s not much better over there.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#46]
A mega dose of F35  capabilities and specifically the block 4 changes. F35s have been vacuuming sensor data from Poland and Romania and allegedly western Ukraine.

Pretty wild information compared to the battle space discussions of MiG-29, Su-35 etc.

I didn’t know they can link their sensors so in effect 2 or 4 aircraft become like a much larger sensor array working as one and able to more precisely triangulate the faintest emissions.

The F-35 Block 4 is Pure Science Fiction!

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#47]

I’m extremely suspicious of this one for how closely it’s edited to the explosion. Stop and zoom and in and you’re still seeing the fade out from the previous clip with actual people present, plus that giant watermark mucking the image up, and then BOOM.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3770-2971490.jpg
View All Quotes

Good catch, I was thinking Ukrainian forces were given a warning when an Iksandr was launched, and could have a few minutes to get out of the way.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
The Artillery Is Never Ending - Former US Marine Wounded Fighting In Ukrainian Legion Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJaQayOfrbg
View Quote

Great watch
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Yeah much of the dramatic video from Russian outlets seems to be doctored, rerun from early 2022, or actually Ukrainian footage relabelled as Russian.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#50]
A mega dose of F35  capabilities and specifically the block 4 changes. F35s have been vacuuming sensor data from Poland and Romania and allegedly western Ukraine.

Pretty wild information compared to the battle space discussions of MiG-29, Su-35 etc.

I didn’t know they can link their sensors so in effect 2 or 4 aircraft become like a much larger sensor array working as one and able to more precisely triangulate the faintest emissions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m127ytxzL_o

View Quote

This is what I was trying to explain to DK Prof about other countries buying small lots of these.  They essentially become very stealthy AWACS and battlefield network hubs, even without the tranche 4 update.  They don't just have to be awesome air to air fighters.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4946 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top