Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4947 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

It is interesting as Ukraine has the Tavor and ACE under license. Yet I don't think I've seen a single photo of a Tavor or Galil ACE this entire war. They must have built very few, and I assume lack of funds and corruption kept them from actually being built in number.

Poland has donated thousands of Grot rifles as well. But I think more M4/C7 rifles have been donated. Canada is supposed to be buying something like 30,000 M4/M5/M16/C8s from Colt Canada and Colt. I have a feeling at the end of the day Ukraine will end up adopting an AR variant long term.
View Quote

I’ve seen a bunch of Tavor clones in use but nothing recently.
People just need to accept the m16 is as good as it gets and hits every single metric as far as reliability, maintainability, and user friendliness.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know if already posted but Putin yet says again except now saying he wants to restore the old Russian Empire:

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-state-tv-russian-empire-restore-sergey-mardan-1830854

President Vladimir Putin announced a new Russian holiday, the "Day of Unification," on September 30, to mark the illegal annexation of the Dontesk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions of Ukraine. Putin declared them to be new Russian territory a year ago, following referendums not acknowledged under international law and he entrenched the move in the Russian constitution.

"They call it the restoration of the Soviet Union. They say 'Putin wants to restore the USSR'. For any Russian person, for any person of Russian culture it sounds bizarre. For anyone who understands the retrospective of our national consciousness for the last 1,000 years. For us, the restoration of the USSR sounds a bit funny. What Soviet Union? Wake up!"

He goes on to say Russia is capable of rewinding the clock 800 years to restore the Russian Empire. "We can rewind it by 800 years more," Mardan continued. "You finally realize what this is all about is the restoration of a Russian nation, the restoration of the Russian Empire! This is what the celebration on September 30 is all about."
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:19:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#3]
The overt propaganda game is well underway.

And even though this is no longer relevant, I still find it interesting.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
lol,

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
Don't know if already posted but Putin yet says again except now saying he wants to restore the old Russian Empire:

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-state-tv-russian-empire-restore-sergey-mardan-1830854

President Vladimir Putin announced a new Russian holiday, the "Day of Unification," on September 30, to mark the illegal annexation of the Dontesk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions of Ukraine. Putin declared them to be new Russian territory a year ago, following referendums not acknowledged under international law and he entrenched the move in the Russian constitution.

"They call it the restoration of the Soviet Union. They say 'Putin wants to restore the USSR'. For any Russian person, for any person of Russian culture it sounds bizarre. For anyone who understands the retrospective of our national consciousness for the last 1,000 years. For us, the restoration of the USSR sounds a bit funny. What Soviet Union? Wake up!"

He goes on to say Russia is capable of rewinding the clock 800 years to restore the Russian Empire. "We can rewind it by 800 years more," Mardan continued. "You finally realize what this is all about is the restoration of a Russian nation, the restoration of the Russian Empire! This is what the celebration on September 30 is all about."
View Quote

Translated from Russian by
🎙 Video message from Russian President V.V. Putin on the occasion of the Day of Reunification of the DPR, LPR of Zaporozhye and Kherson regions with Russia.

💬 V.V. #Путин : We are one people and together we will overcome everything and respond to any challenges.
http://t.me/MID_Russia/31641

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:45:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#6]
S-300s and Shaheds tonight.

Air defense active in Uman, Cherkasy. Sounds like something got hit.

Air defense in Kirovohrad.

Explosions in Snihurivka.

UA AF says drone threat in Sumy and Kharkiv Oblasts.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

People just need to accept the m16 is as good as it gets and hits every single metric as far as reliability, maintainability, and user friendliness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It is interesting as Ukraine has the Tavor and ACE under license. Yet I don't think I've seen a single photo of a Tavor or Galil ACE this entire war. They must have built very few, and I assume lack of funds and corruption kept them from actually being built in number.

Poland has donated thousands of Grot rifles as well. But I think more M4/C7 rifles have been donated. Canada is supposed to be buying something like 30,000 M4/M5/M16/C8s from Colt Canada and Colt. I have a feeling at the end of the day Ukraine will end up adopting an AR variant long term.

There is an interview floating around of a Taiwanese guy serving in Ukraine. He seemed to imply the Grot had reliability problems. Said the most sought after rifle was the HK 416.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By METT-T:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

I guess they must like the Bren. I haven't seen or heard much about the Tavor or the Vulcan since the early days.

I do recall footage of some Azov guys with Tavors in Mariupol, I believe.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Well you know,  I'm not saying the MIC is flawless or above criticism when it merits it. But they're not churning out junk. US weapons designed in the 80s and 90s are proving to be a match for the latest Russia has.

We should be putting our most precious resource first. Which is the lives of our young men and women. If it was the other way around, people here would be screaming their heads off about all the casualties we're taking and why didn't we invest in this or that.

Yeah stuff costs more, we shouldn't be cheaping out on our future warfighters.
View Quote

It's more nuanced than that for sure but realistically russian hasnt developed or fielded anything in numbers since the 80s. So its not really a surprise that upgraded western 90s designed stuff is doing well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

They can't handle the Tomahawks, we can fly them in formation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNSHSBziyOo
View Quote

It's....It's..beautiful.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

"The Russian Empire"
A reminder, 48 hours into the invasion, Russian troops didn't have maps... but they sure were flying a bunch of USSR hammer and sickle flags.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#13]
yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:

Based United Kingdom!! Leading the way. Again! Can we lend lease the UK a bunch of ATACMS, Tomahawks, and F-16?  Loan them to somebody with balls that will use them?
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#14]

They are not.

It looks like this is a continuation of the mission that left in FEB2022.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/feb/12/uk-troops-sent-to-help-train-ukrainian-army-to-leave-country-this-weekend

Edit to your edit- YES, that’s the part that’s ballsy.

In an interview with The Telegraph, Grant Shapps said that he had held talks with Army leaders about shifting an official British-led training programme “into Ukraine” rather than relying on UK and other Nato members’ bases. He also called on more British defence firms to set up factories in Ukraine.

Following a trip to Kyiv last week, Mr Shapps also revealed that he had talked to Volodymyr Zelensky, the Ukrainian president, about how Britain’s Navy could play a role in defending commercial vessels from Russian attacks in the Black Sea.

Both moves would mark a significant escalation in the UK’s involvement in defending Ukraine against Vladimir Putin’s onslaught.

Mr Shapps also:

Suggested Britain should reprise Liz Truss’s pledge to increase defence spending to three per cent of GDP, saying he viewed the Government’s current target of 2.5 per cent as a “staging post”;
Revealed that Britain was finding ways to help Ukraine “shape up” for Nato membership;
Ruled out diversity “quotas” in the military;
Insisted that migrants who settle in the UK should learn English and “be a productive part of society”, as he weighed in behind Suella Braverman in a row over the Home Secretary’s comments on multiculturalism;
Said it would be “pretty much irresponsible” not to reconsider plans for the HS2 rail line in light of the costs of Covid and the war in Ukraine.
As part of the British-led Operation Interflex, more than 20,000 recruits from the armed forces of Ukraine have received training in the UK since the start of 2022, learning battle skills at bases such as Salisbury Plain, which Mr Shapps visited on Friday.

But Nato members including the UK have avoided official deployments of troops to Ukraine owing to the risk of Western personnel being drawn into combat with Russia. Last year, Russia struck a base holding foreign fighters with about 30 missiles.

However, following a briefing with General Sir Patrick Sanders, the Chief of the General Staff, and other senior personnel at Salisbury Plain, Mr Shapps said: “I was talking today about eventually getting the training brought closer and actually into Ukraine as well.

“Particularly in the west of the country, I think the opportunity now is to bring more things ‘in country’ – not just training, but also we’re seeing BAE [the UK defence firm], for example, move into manufacturing in country, for example.

“I’m keen to see other British companies do their bit as well by doing the same thing. So I think there will be a move to get more training and production in the country.”

Separately, having assured Mr Zelensky on Wednesday that the UK “will continue to stand shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine”, Mr Shapps suggested that Britain was preparing to play a more active role helping the country to defend itself against attacks in the Black Sea, where Russia has been increasingly targeting cargo ships carrying grain.

The Defence Secretary, who replaced Ben Wallace in a mini-reshuffle a month ago, said: “We’ve seen in the last month or so, developments – really the first since 2014 in the Black Sea, in Crimea – and Britain is a naval nation so we can help and we can advise, particularly since the water is international water.

“It’s important that we don’t allow a situation to establish by default that somehow international shipping isn’t allowed in that water. So I think there’s a lot of places where Britain can help advise. [I] did discuss it with President Zelensky and many others this week.”

Deploying British troops to Ukraine or offering naval support in the Black Sea would mark a significant escalation in the UK’s involvement in the conflict.

But Mr Shapps’s remarks also appear to mark a shift in the Government’s approach to publicly discussing the deployment of personnel – a move that was mirrored by France on Saturday when the French military revealed that its aircraft were carrying out surveillance over the Black Sea.

It has previously been claimed that up to 50 British personnel were among Western special forces present in Ukraine earlier this year – a matter that the Government would never discuss publicly.

During a short-lived Tory leadership campaign last summer, Mr Shapps said the UK must raise defence spending to three per cent of GDP.

The higher target was adopted by Ms Truss but then scrapped when Jeremy Hunt became Chancellor in October last year in favour of a 2.5 per cent ambition.

Asked whether he still wanted to reach three per cent, Mr Shapps said: “I think it’s important that we understand that freedom isn’t free. You have to pay for it and it also keeps us prosperous.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/09/30/grant-shapps-to-send-uk-troops-to-ukraine/

View All Quotes

yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:

They are not.

It looks like this is a continuation of the mission that left in FEB2022.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/feb/12/uk-troops-sent-to-help-train-ukrainian-army-to-leave-country-this-weekend

Edit to your edit- YES, that’s the part that’s ballsy.

In an interview with The Telegraph, Grant Shapps said that he had held talks with Army leaders about shifting an official British-led training programme “into Ukraine” rather than relying on UK and other Nato members’ bases. He also called on more British defence firms to set up factories in Ukraine.

Following a trip to Kyiv last week, Mr Shapps also revealed that he had talked to Volodymyr Zelensky, the Ukrainian president, about how Britain’s Navy could play a role in defending commercial vessels from Russian attacks in the Black Sea.

Both moves would mark a significant escalation in the UK’s involvement in defending Ukraine against Vladimir Putin’s onslaught.

Mr Shapps also:

Suggested Britain should reprise Liz Truss’s pledge to increase defence spending to three per cent of GDP, saying he viewed the Government’s current target of 2.5 per cent as a “staging post”;
Revealed that Britain was finding ways to help Ukraine “shape up” for Nato membership;
Ruled out diversity “quotas” in the military;
Insisted that migrants who settle in the UK should learn English and “be a productive part of society”, as he weighed in behind Suella Braverman in a row over the Home Secretary’s comments on multiculturalism;
Said it would be “pretty much irresponsible” not to reconsider plans for the HS2 rail line in light of the costs of Covid and the war in Ukraine.
As part of the British-led Operation Interflex, more than 20,000 recruits from the armed forces of Ukraine have received training in the UK since the start of 2022, learning battle skills at bases such as Salisbury Plain, which Mr Shapps visited on Friday.

But Nato members including the UK have avoided official deployments of troops to Ukraine owing to the risk of Western personnel being drawn into combat with Russia. Last year, Russia struck a base holding foreign fighters with about 30 missiles.

However, following a briefing with General Sir Patrick Sanders, the Chief of the General Staff, and other senior personnel at Salisbury Plain, Mr Shapps said: “I was talking today about eventually getting the training brought closer and actually into Ukraine as well.

“Particularly in the west of the country, I think the opportunity now is to bring more things ‘in country’ – not just training, but also we’re seeing BAE [the UK defence firm], for example, move into manufacturing in country, for example.

“I’m keen to see other British companies do their bit as well by doing the same thing. So I think there will be a move to get more training and production in the country.”

Separately, having assured Mr Zelensky on Wednesday that the UK “will continue to stand shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine”, Mr Shapps suggested that Britain was preparing to play a more active role helping the country to defend itself against attacks in the Black Sea, where Russia has been increasingly targeting cargo ships carrying grain.

The Defence Secretary, who replaced Ben Wallace in a mini-reshuffle a month ago, said: “We’ve seen in the last month or so, developments – really the first since 2014 in the Black Sea, in Crimea – and Britain is a naval nation so we can help and we can advise, particularly since the water is international water.

“It’s important that we don’t allow a situation to establish by default that somehow international shipping isn’t allowed in that water. So I think there’s a lot of places where Britain can help advise. [I] did discuss it with President Zelensky and many others this week.”

Deploying British troops to Ukraine or offering naval support in the Black Sea would mark a significant escalation in the UK’s involvement in the conflict.

But Mr Shapps’s remarks also appear to mark a shift in the Government’s approach to publicly discussing the deployment of personnel – a move that was mirrored by France on Saturday when the French military revealed that its aircraft were carrying out surveillance over the Black Sea.

It has previously been claimed that up to 50 British personnel were among Western special forces present in Ukraine earlier this year – a matter that the Government would never discuss publicly.

During a short-lived Tory leadership campaign last summer, Mr Shapps said the UK must raise defence spending to three per cent of GDP.

The higher target was adopted by Ms Truss but then scrapped when Jeremy Hunt became Chancellor in October last year in favour of a 2.5 per cent ambition.

Asked whether he still wanted to reach three per cent, Mr Shapps said: “I think it’s important that we understand that freedom isn’t free. You have to pay for it and it also keeps us prosperous.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/09/30/grant-shapps-to-send-uk-troops-to-ukraine/

Shapps:  I see black flags and hear cannon fire. Follow me!

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#15]

We are stuck with bumbling Biden while other nations have real leaders.

Maybe being apart of the common wealth wouldn’t have been so bad after all
View All Quotes
yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:

We are stuck with bumbling Biden while other nations have real leaders.

Maybe being apart of the common wealth wouldn’t have been so bad after all

My grandkids are in school in the UK. 99% less woke than here. Even the public schools are very much oriented towards being “sensible.” 😁. They say what they mean and mean what they say. Novel concept! That is a sound foundation for growing leaders.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Yeah, totally not going to invade a country because 20 years ago it joined NATO.  😂😂😂

Poles had better get in there and get in a few licks or else the UK Royal Lancers will be charging through the line first.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
lol,

View Quote

Pretty close to reality. So many 80s horror shows are becoming everyday life now.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:25:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#18]
Budget expenses for Putin's maintenance will increase by 20%

The maintenance of Russian President Vladimir Putin over the next three years will cost Russian taxpayers 74.7 billion rubles. The government included this amount for the “functioning” of the head of state in the draft federal budget for 2024-26, which was submitted to the State Duma on Friday.

Compared to the previous 3-year budget, spending on Putin will increase by 20%, or 12.79 billion rubles, according to the explanatory note to the document, which is posted on the database of the lower house of parliament.

In 2024, the budget will allocate 24.64 billion rubles for the “functioning of the president and his administration”, in 2025 - 24.65 billion, in 2026 - 25.74 billion.

Expenses will increase by 4.66 billion rubles in 2024 (+23%), by 4.055 billion in 2025 (+19%) and by 4.087 billion in 2026 (+19%).

In total, over three years, Putin will cost the treasury an amount comparable to the annual budget of an average Russian region - for example, the Ivanovo region (73.3 billion rubles) or the Kurgan region (74.6 billion rubles).

Every year, the budget will spend 26% more on the maintenance of the president than on the federal project “Development of large-scale scientific and scientific-technological projects” (18.9 billion rubles); twice as much as for “development of human resources in the IT industry” (12.6 billion rubles); almost 5 times more than the federal project for the “development of artificial intelligence” (5.2 billion rubles) and 20 times more than the federal project to provide medicine with qualified personnel (1.2 billion rubles).

The increase in spending on the president will be a record among all branches of government. Thus, allocations for the maintenance of the government apparatus in 2024 will increase by only 9%, to 10.655 billion rubles.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/16011

Medvedev promised to seize and annex even more regions of Ukraine

The Russian military will continue to fight in Ukraine until it annexes even more regions that Moscow considers “originally Russian.” This was stated by Deputy Chairman of the Security Council Dmitry Medvedev.

“The special military operation will continue until the Nazi Kyiv regime is completely destroyed and the original Russian territories are liberated from the enemy. Victory will be ours. And there will be more new regions within Russia,” he wrote in his Telegram channel. The deputy chairman of the former Russian president did not specify which regions he was talking about.

In the fall of 2022, Russian authorities held “referendums” on joining Russia in the occupied territories of Donetsk, Lugansk, Zaporozhye and Kherson regions of Ukraine. Russian President Vladimir Putin said that residents of the annexed territories “become citizens of the Russian Federation forever.” A year later, he signed a law making September 30 the “Day of Reunification” of the annexed regions with Russia.

The Russian army does not completely control the territory of any of the four Ukrainian regions. Kherson, taken by Russian troops in early March, returned to the control of Kyiv in October. It was the only regional center of Ukraine taken during the so-called special operation.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/16016

The government will put all key healthcare projects under the knife to pay for the war

The government is launching a sequestration of spending on all medical development projects in order to pay the growing “bill” for the war with Ukraine, which at the end of the first two years will exceed 10 trillion rubles, and by the end of the third year it may exceed 20 trillion.

In 2024, treasury spending under the national project “Healthcare” will be cut by 10% - to 289.9 billion rubles, according to a note to the budget law, which was submitted to the State Duma.

Almost all articles of the national project, which was included in the list of Putin’s election promises, will be sequestered. The budget plans to save the most - 25.5 billion rubles - on the fight against cancer and the modernization of clinics. According to the Accounts Chamber, every seventh was in disrepair, every third had no sewerage system, and every second had no running water.

Expenditures on the development of children's healthcare will be reduced by almost half - to 10.2 billion rubles; for the development of primary medical care - by 20%, to 7.7 billion rubles.

Expenses for the project “Modernization of primary healthcare in the Russian Federation” will be reduced by 14% compared to 2023 - to 81.64 billion rubles.

The federal project “Fighting Cancer” will lose weight by 8% and 3%, respectively, to 147.4 billion rubles. Compared to 2023, it will lose 12.5 billion rubles.

Financing of the project “Fighting Cardiovascular Diseases” - 20.3 billion rubles - less by 13%.

Expenditures on digitalization of medicine will decrease by almost 10% compared to the original plan - to 11.36 billion rubles. Costs for creating a network of national medical centers and introducing innovations will be reduced by 10% compared to the plan, to 9.9 billion rubles.

Some projects were liquidated. For example, the state program to support drug production will lose funding from 2024.

The Ministry of Finance considers the budget “absolutely healthy,” said the head of the department, Anton Siluanov. “Everything necessary for the front, everything necessary for victory,” he described the government’s priorities.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/16018

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Long thread. Biden has repeatedly refused to spend all the funds appropriated for Ukraine aid. By several billions. Congress is getting fed up and demanding a classified briefing of the plan to win including weapons to be sent and timelines. Or no funding at all.  Biden is clearly dragging his feet the maximum amount possible.

This could really backfire on Sullivan if he was planning to stall until Sept-Oct 2024 and then suddenly pull out a Big Surprise victory.

Unrolled thread

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Long thread. Biden has repeatedly refused to spend all the funds appropriated for Ukraine aid. By several billions. Congress is getting fed up and demanding a classified briefing of the plan to win including weapons to be sent and timelines. Or no funding at all.  Biden is clearly dragging his feet the maximum amount possible.

This could really backfire on Sullivan if he was planning to stall until Sept-Oct 2024 and then suddenly pull out a Big Surprise victory.

Unrolled thread

View Quote

Fuck Biden.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

"The Russian Empire"
A reminder, 48 hours into the invasion, Russian troops didn't have maps... but they sure were flying a bunch of USSR hammer and sickle flags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

"The Russian Empire"

"everything is mother Russia"

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#22]
yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:
View All Quotes

yep, they ain’t pussies.

Also, this:

Britain standing up and leading where nobody else is.

This is something I thought over a year ago: we (western partners) should set up a training camp in western Ukraine. Make it really public. Ukraine is a sovereign nation and has every right to host foreign officers and military in their territory. It IS an escalation. Ukraine is at war. If Russia hits them, they can't claim any Article 5 complaints. It could get ugly. Or with adequate missile defense, Britain could thumb their noses at Russia repeatedly, mock them mercilessly in that way the British can do better than anyone. That's the outcome I would hope for most.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Ukraine’s War of Drones Runs Into an Obstacle: China
As the war with Russia stretches on, so too does a contest to make more and deadlier flying machines. That means a fight over global electronics supply chains that run through China.

https://archive.ph/W4F9q

Surrounded by rooms filled with stacks of cluster munitions and half-made thermobaric bombs, a soldier from Ukraine’s 92nd Mechanized Brigade recently worked on the final part of a deadly supply chain that stretches from China’s factories to a basement five miles from the front lines of the war with Russia.

This is where Ukrainian soldiers turn hobbyist drones into combat weapons. At a cluttered desk, the soldier attached a modified battery to a quadcopter so it could fly farther. Pilots would later zip tie a homemade shell to the bottom and crash the gadgets into Russian trenches and tanks, turning the drones into human-guided missiles.

The aerial vehicles have been so effective at combat that most of the drone rotors and airframes that filled the basement workshop would be gone by the end of the week. Finding new supplies has become a full-time job.

“At night we do bombing missions, and during the day we think about how to get new drones,” said Oles Maliarevych, 44, an officer in the 92nd Mechanized Brigade. “This is a constant quest.”

More than any conflict in human history, the fighting in Ukraine is a war of drones. That means a growing reliance on suppliers of the flying vehicles — specifically, China. While Iran and Turkey produce large, military-grade drones used by Russia and Ukraine, the cheap consumer drones that have become ubiquitous on the front line largely come from China, the world’s biggest maker of those devices.

That has given China a hidden influence in a war that is waged partly with consumer electronics. As Ukrainians have looked at all varieties of drones and reconstituted them to become weapons, they have had to find new ways to keep up their supplies and to continue innovating on the devices. Yet those efforts have faced more hurdles as Chinese suppliers have dialed back their sales, as new Chinese rules to restrict the export of drone components took effect on Sept. 1.....
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Finally got around to watching 'Superpower'. Wasn't bad, I think it's a bit late & dated. It would probably be a lot better if it were an ongoing series that stayed up to date on the current state of events. The latest atrocities, the effects of the latest weapon deliveries, setbacks & victories.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#25]
BOSNIAN DIARY

“IT WAS 1992
At the end of July, the war in Transnistria ended. It ended in a draw, according to the majority of its participants. Many of them, having already smelled gunpowder, lost friends and become embittered, were left with a feeling that can be briefly expressed by the phrase: “We didn’t finish the war.”

After the first euphoria - alive! - a state familiar to most professional warriors set in: the desire to take risks again, to live a “full” life. This is the so-called “gunpowder poisoning syndrome.”

The people were different. In the ranks of the volunteers there were “ideological” monarchists, Cossacks, communists, simply “who love to fight”, and finally, people who accidentally found themselves in the war.

Already in the last days of the Transnistrian campaign, on the eve of the introduction of “peacekeeping forces,” many “without hesitation” were going to fight further. Some, least inclined to justify their desires, were attracted to Karabakh. And many people turned their attention to Yugoslavia, about which there were a lot of all kinds of rumors. Among the latter was the author of this article...”

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/228

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/can-europe-make-it/commander-strelkovs-bosnian-connection/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-20/who-is-igor-girkin-the-man-convicted-over-mh17-murder/101669982

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Oh, you want to turn the clock back eh?

What happens if someone decides that it's time for a return of the Mongol Empire? Or for that matter we have Swedes launching Viking raids into Russia?
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:40:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: absael] [#27]
Good news and bad news:  Both houses have passed the stopgap funding bill, so the government won't be shutting down tomorrow.  Biden is expected to sign.

Funding for Ukraine was stripped out.  I don't know what what actual impact this will have on the war, but I imagine it won't be favorable.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#28]
Some of the accusations have been that Ukrainians are mag dumping patriots at shaheds..which is blatantly false.

I’ll post the vids here shortly
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:47:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By METT-T:

I guess they must like the Bren. I haven't seen or heard much about the Tavor or the Vulcan since the early days.

The Bren 2 is a great weapon
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:57:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#31]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By absael:
Good news and bad news:  Both houses have passed the stopgap funding bill, so the government won't be shutting down tomorrow.  Biden is expected to sign.

Funding for Ukraine was stripped out.  I don't know what what actual impact this will have on the war, but I imagine it won't be favorable.
View Quote
Govt funding bills should be clean and only include cuts or raises not pet projects.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Some comments by Julian Ropcke after he met with Polish security and defense experts.

. Poland will keep arming Ukraine, silently before and once again openly after the election. There is no other way. Personal commentary: This makes sense. PiS likes to pick fights with its neighbors, and there is an election coming up shortly.

. Ukraine’s biggest problem is manpower. “They need capable fighters more urgent than they need western arms. They are losing their best. NATO training so far is not sufficient enough.” Personal commentary: Ukrainian force degradation has been a very large concern of mine for months. Of course, their casualties aren't near what Russian propaganda outlets and intellectual giants in GD argue that they are, but they've definitely taken heavy casualties, and they've lost a lot of good soldiers. This problem is confounded by the fact that the Soviet mentalities still present in the UAF haven't heavily emphasized training for the new troops in many cases, and the fact that the Ukrainians have reportedly been hesitant to pull veterans off the line to train new guys. These are problems that need to be rectified, since this is turning into a long war.

. The Russian army is getting stronger, not weaker. “They learned from their mistakes. They are much more efficient now, than they have been a year ago.” Personal commentary: I don't know if "stronger" is the right word. Their offensive capacity seems to be largely shot, given that they've had no offensive success in over a year other than Bakhmut. What I do think is that they've gotten better defensively, having learned painful lessons in Kharkiv and Kherson. The increased manpower due to mobilization, the fact that they've had time to dig in all across the front, and the fact that the front is overall much shorter now than it was a year ago are all factors that make Russia's job easier now.

.  Russian drones improve by the month. “Their new Shaheeds make less noise, making it harder to hear and hence aim at them. Their Lancets have more range. Their FVP drones are getting more and more every month. Drones will possibly decide that war.” Personal commentary: There have been rumblings that Russia is doing much better with regards to drones than social media makes it appear. I think that's probably true, but I also think the Ukrainians are making noteworthy advances in this regard as well.

. Ukrainian strategic victory “still possible, but certainly not guaranteed”. Europe must “prepare for a long war”. Personal commentary: Yes, this is reality. This war is going to continue in one form or another until one side decisively loses. The die has already been cast at this point, and there's no going back. Europe needs to prepare for a long war, up production capacity, and up training of Ukrainian troops, which thankfully do appear to be happening, at least to a certain extent. Europe also needs to be aware that US support is not guaranteed, due to domestic political retardation.

. The country becomes a playground for Western defense industry. “They are floating in to test their newest weapons.” Ukraine and arms companies “learn and lot from each other. It’s a win-win.”
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Some comments by Julian Ropcke after he met with Polish security and defense experts.

. Poland will keep arming Ukraine, silently before and once again openly after the election. There is no other way. Personal commentary: This makes sense. PiS likes to pick fights with its neighbors, and there is an election coming up shortly.

. Ukraine's biggest problem is manpower. "They need capable fighters more urgent than they need western arms. They are losing their best. NATO training so far is not sufficient enough." Personal commentary: Ukrainian force degradation has been a very large concern of mine for months. Of course, their casualties aren't near what Russian propaganda outlets and intellectual giants in GD argue that they are, but they've definitely taken heavy casualties, and they've lost a lot of good soldiers. This problem is confounded by the fact that the Soviet mentalities still present in the UAF haven't heavily emphasized training for the new troops in many cases, and the fact that the Ukrainians have reportedly been hesitant to pull veterans off the line to train new guys. These are problems that need to be rectified, since this is turning into a long war.

. The Russian army is getting stronger, not weaker. "They learned from their mistakes. They are much more efficient now, than they have been a year ago." Personal commentary: I don't know if "stronger" is the right word. Their offensive capacity seems to be largely shot, given that they've had no offensive success in over a year other than Bakhmut. What I do think is that they've gotten better defensively, having learned painful lessons in Kharkiv and Kherson. The increased manpower due to mobilization, the fact that they've had time to dig in all across the front, and the fact that the front is overall much shorter now than it was a year ago are all factors that make Russia's job easier now.

.  Russian drones improve by the month. "Their new Shaheeds make less noise, making it harder to hear and hence aim at them. Their Lancets have more range. Their FVP drones are getting more and more every month. Drones will possibly decide that war." Personal commentary: There have been rumblings that Russia is doing much better with regards to drones than social media makes it appear. I think that's probably true, but I also think the Ukrainians are making noteworthy advances in this regard as well.

. Ukrainian strategic victory "still possible, but certainly not guaranteed". Europe must "prepare for a long war". Personal commentary: Yes, this is reality. This war is going to continue in one form or another until one side decisively loses. The die has already been cast at this point, and there's no going back. Europe needs to prepare for a long war, up production capacity, and up training of Ukrainian troops, which thankfully do appear to be happening, at least to a certain extent. Europe also needs to be aware that US support is not guaranteed, due to domestic political retardation.

. The country becomes a playground for Western defense industry. "They are floating in to test their newest weapons." Ukraine and arms companies "learn and lot from each other. It's a win-win."
View Quote

I'd have to think we got a bunch of space at Fort Moore. Ship a bunch there and train them for a couple months.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#38]

I'd have to think we got a bunch of space at Fort Moore. Ship a bunch there and train them for a couple months.
View All Quotes

. Ukraine's biggest problem is manpower. "They need capable fighters more urgent than they need western arms. They are losing their best. NATO training so far is not sufficient enough." Personal commentary: Ukrainian force degradation has been a very large concern of mine for months. Of course, their casualties aren't near what Russian propaganda outlets and intellectual giants in GD argue that they are, but they've definitely taken heavy casualties, and they've lost a lot of good soldiers. This problem is confounded by the fact that the Soviet mentalities still present in the UAF haven't heavily emphasized training for the new troops in many cases, and the fact that the Ukrainians have reportedly been hesitant to pull veterans off the line to train new guys. These are problems that need to be rectified, since this is turning into a long war.

. The Russian army is getting stronger, not weaker. "They learned from their mistakes. They are much more efficient now, than they have been a year ago." Personal commentary: I don't know if "stronger" is the right word. Their offensive capacity seems to be largely shot, given that they've had no offensive success in over a year other than Bakhmut. What I do think is that they've gotten better defensively, having learned painful lessons in Kharkiv and Kherson. The increased manpower due to mobilization, the fact that they've had time to dig in all across the front, and the fact that the front is overall much shorter now than it was a year ago are all factors that make Russia's job easier now.

.  Russian drones improve by the month. "Their new Shaheeds make less noise, making it harder to hear and hence aim at them. Their Lancets have more range. Their FVP drones are getting more and more every month. Drones will possibly decide that war." Personal commentary: There have been rumblings that Russia is doing much better with regards to drones than social media makes it appear. I think that's probably true, but I also think the Ukrainians are making noteworthy advances in this regard as well.

. Ukrainian strategic victory "still possible, but certainly not guaranteed". Europe must "prepare for a long war". Personal commentary: Yes, this is reality. This war is going to continue in one form or another until one side decisively loses. The die has already been cast at this point, and there's no going back. Europe needs to prepare for a long war, up production capacity, and up training of Ukrainian troops, which thankfully do appear to be happening, at least to a certain extent. Europe also needs to be aware that US support is not guaranteed, due to domestic political retardation.

. The country becomes a playground for Western defense industry. "They are floating in to test their newest weapons." Ukraine and arms companies "learn and lot from each other. It's a win-win."

That would be a good measure, but the Ukrainians really need to step up training domestically as well, IMO. They need to pull some veterans off the line and let them train up the new recruits. Put some Azov, Kraken, Right Sector, etc. guys in charge of training new infantrymen for a while.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 11:20:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#39]

. Ukraine’s biggest problem is manpower. “They need capable fighters more urgent than they need western arms. They are losing their best. NATO training so far is not sufficient enough.” Personal commentary: Ukrainian force degradation has been a very large concern of mine for months. Of course, their casualties aren't near what Russian propaganda outlets and intellectual giants in GD argue that they are, but they've definitely taken heavy casualties, and they've lost a lot of good soldiers. This problem is confounded by the fact that the Soviet mentalities still present in the UAF haven't heavily emphasized training for the new troops in many cases, and the fact that the Ukrainians have reportedly been hesitant to pull veterans off the line to train new guys. These are problems that need to be rectified, since this is turning into a long war.

. The Russian army is getting stronger, not weaker. “They learned from their mistakes. They are much more efficient now, than they have been a year ago.” Personal commentary: I don't know if "stronger" is the right word. Their offensive capacity seems to be largely shot, given that they've had no offensive success in over a year other than Bakhmut. What I do think is that they've gotten better defensively, having learned painful lessons in Kharkiv and Kherson. The increased manpower due to mobilization, the fact that they've had time to dig in all across the front, and the fact that the front is overall much shorter now than it was a year ago are all factors that make Russia's job easier now.

.  Russian drones improve by the month. “Their new Shaheeds make less noise, making it harder to hear and hence aim at them. Their Lancets have more range. Their FVP drones are getting more and more every month. Drones will possibly decide that war.” Personal commentary: There have been rumblings that Russia is doing much better with regards to drones than social media makes it appear. I think that's probably true, but I also think the Ukrainians are making noteworthy advances in this regard as well.

. Ukrainian strategic victory “still possible, but certainly not guaranteed”. Europe must “prepare for a long war”. Personal commentary: Yes, this is reality. This war is going to continue in one form or another until one side decisively loses. The die has already been cast at this point, and there's no going back. Europe needs to prepare for a long war, up production capacity, and up training of Ukrainian troops, which thankfully do appear to be happening, at least to a certain extent. Europe also needs to be aware that US support is not guaranteed, due to domestic political retardation.

. The country becomes a playground for Western defense industry. “They are floating in to test their newest weapons.” Ukraine and arms companies “learn and lot from each other. It’s a win-win.”
View Quote

I didn’t really see what 4xGM300m had against Julian until recently.
Lately his stuff all has a certain smell to it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Honestly, I think the guy is just a pessimist. I can sympathize with that, seeing as I'm one as well. I admittedly haven't followed him very closely at all, though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 11:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#41]
All the property of the leader of the Wagner PMC Prigozhin will go to his son, 25-year-old Pavel Prigozhin. On September 8, 2023, he entered into inheritance

The relevant documents were published by Port. According to the terms of the will, Pavel must, at the expense of the inheritance, “ensure a decent existence” for Prigozhin’s widow, his daughters and his mother, Violetta Prigogina. The latter is entitled to 10% of the inheritance.

The heir will receive a residential town house in the St. Petersburg district of Lakhta and a plot of land underneath it. Their total cadastral value is 32.5 million rubles. Also, according to the will, Pavel Prigozhin will receive: Wagner Group LLC, a share in the film company Aurum LLC, a non-residential real estate trade and rental company Rhythm LLC, a real estate management and trading company Concord Management and Consulting LLC, a catering company LLC "Concord Catering", catering company LLC "Concord M" and many others.

There was allegedly a discord in the Prigozhin family over the will, writes Port, citing a source - Pavel refuses to share the inheritance.

https://t.me/uniannet/112912

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#42]
That would be a good measure, but the Ukrainians really need to step up training domestically as well, IMO. They need to pull some veterans off the line and let them train up the new recruits. Put some Azov, Kraken, Right Sector, etc. guys in charge of training new infantrymen for a while.
View Quote

This is one of the things the US did great in WWII and set us apart from others: taking those who survived and excelled in combat OUT of combat to train those going in. The practical lessons transferred was worth 100 times what each veteran brought on the field by themselves. This is one Russian habit Ukraine needs to break Right Now. When somebody is identified as really proficient and capable, make them a trainer. Don't lose the value of what's inside their heads.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Not sure how much Slovakia was sending to Ukraine but looks like it will be zero going forward. Orban Jr. ?

Ukraine is much bigger than Hungary and Slovakia. It will for sure be brought into the EU and NATO.  Ukraine just might remember who down voted them at every turn and refused to help stop THE ONLY THREAT TO ALL OF EASTERN EUROPE.

Slovakia, 97.57% counted

Smer-S&D: 23% (-1)
PS-RE: 17% (+1)
Hlas-S&D: 15%
OĽaNO+-EPP|ECR: 9%
KDH-EPP: 7%
SaS-ECR: 6% (+1)
SNS→ECR: 6%
Republika-NI: 5%
Aliancia-EPP: 4% (-1)
D-EPP: 3%

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#45]

That is a good and fair summary as far as it goes. But one of the quiet big achievements is the huge daily numbers of artillery being knocked out faster than Russia can replace, along with the quick wearing out of the tubes they do have. This is hugely significant and by the end of this year ought to be almost snowballing in failure.

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 12:46:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#46]
At night, the enemy massively attacked our Cherkasy region with attack drones, - OVA

Unfortunately, there is a hit on the industrial infrastructure in Uman.

As a result, there were fires in warehouses. In particular, where grain was stored.

One person was previously injured. She was taken to the hospital.

Currently, the liquidation of the consequences is ongoing. All specialized services work on site. Law enforcement officers are recording yet another crime committed by Russian terrorists.

https://t.me/operativnoZSU/117016

At night, the Russian Federation attacked Kryvyi Rih with drones.

According to the head of OVA Serhiy Lysak, one was destroyed by defenders from PvK "Shid".

"But, unfortunately, civilian infrastructure has also been hit. There is destruction. A fire broke out - rescuers localized the fire," Lysak said.

https://t.me/newspn/68389

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#47]
🇷🇺🇺🇦 Northern Ukrainian direction: transfer of sabotage groups to the border with Russia
situation as of 19.00 September 30, 2023

🔻After yesterday’s attacks by the DRG to Lomakovka and Kamensky farm, the question of a possible attack by Ukrainian formations in the north-east of Ukraine again arose. Unlike the May attack on Shebekino, this time the Ukrainian Armed Forces will try to act more widely.

▪️This is confirmed by the enemy’s activity not only in the Bryansk region, but also in the Belgorod region. Units of the so-called “Russian Freedom Legion” arrived at the border in the Sumy region.

▪️Similar movements are observed in Sumy, where the legendary Russians from the “Russian Volunteer Corps” were transferred. One of the DRGs is already at Grabovsky, so a strike should be expected from there too.

❗️In addition, electronic intelligence units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine intercepted information about the arrival of Colonel General Lapin in the Pogarsky district of the Bryansk region. The reconnaissance groups of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were tasked with determining his location and ambushing him.

The way Ukrainian formations are operating now is very similar to how they did everything in late May - early June: forays of PR troops across the border to create an information explosion and divert attention to this direction, while preparations for the main attack are going on in a completely different direction. .

And if then these were the Orekhovsky and Vremyevsky areas, now it may be something else, such as, for example, the Kherson direction, where brigades of marines were transferred.

https://t.me/dva_majors/26499

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#48]
New 1420 video. A Pan-European council officially declared Russia a dictatorship, which gave Daniil an excuse to ask Russians if they agree. He was in outside the Moscow State Institute of Foreign Relations and got an interesting mix of responses.

We live under dictatorship, it's official now
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Enormous and almost universal clowning coming from Russian TG about this, including random dudes posting shopped pictures of themselves posted up in this sad thing.

Sent by a subscriber from Crimea. Most likely this is for an airsoft game or lightning game. Of course, this cannot be a real firing point.

@NeoficialniyBeZsonoV

https://t.me/NeoficialniyBeZsonoV/29659
https://t.me/rsotmdivision/10900
https://t.me/Separ13_13/19743
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 1:40:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#50]
Enormous and almost universal clowning coming from Russian TG about this, including random dudes posting shopped pictures of themselves posted up in this sad thing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3772-2972097.jpg

Sent by a subscriber from Crimea. Most likely this is for an airsoft game or lightning game. Of course, this cannot be a real firing point.

@NeoficialniyBeZsonoV

https://t.me/NeoficialniyBeZsonoV/29659
https://t.me/rsotmdivision/10900
https://t.me/Separ13_13/19743
View Quote

The next Flork meme will have them putting a Ukrainian Army cap on a tidal wave. Hell, just a normal high tide will totally fuck that "fortification".
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4947 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top