Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4988 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alaskan_9974] [#1]
I haven’t checked in on this thread since the Israeli conflict started. Lots to read back through. What’s with all the Israeli references in it? More arguing between members then facts imo
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Paraflare:
Are we pretty much stalemated at this point?
View Quote

Maybe not a complete stalemate, but Ukrainian gains are very slow and small.  I am still of the belief that as time goes on, Ukraine slowly gets stronger and Russia is still slowly getting weaker.  I think that the recent global pot stirring instigated by Russia is due to this very fact.  They may not be losing big in Ukraine yet, but they are very aware of how much it is costing them and that these costs will continue to wear them down if things continue the way they have.

We need to up our aid to Ukraine and also help Israel (if needed) to annihilate Hamas and hopefully neuter Iran to some extent.  

I wish I knew more about the Iranian populace.  My emotional side would love to see Israel knock the snot out of Iran too, but there is the obvious possibility that this will just unite the pro-western Iranian people with the Iranian wackos in defense of their homeland.  Maybe that is not a risk- I don't know.  There are some who think that killing a shit pile of previously pro-western Iranians is the best solution to the problem.  LOL

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I'm already seeing comments on conservative "influencers" pages mirroring exactly what was said about the Ukraine war. These are all from a TRex Arms instagram post.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ayada:

This forum absolutely didn't need yet another world event to quickly send them to insanity. We are already down the lizard man path and it's only been a few days.
I'm already seeing comments on conservative "influencers" pages mirroring exactly what was said about the Ukraine war. These are all from a TRex Arms instagram post.

America first. We've got our own problems let's the Arabs and Jews figure it out themselves
Idk man Palestine never subverted our entire economic and political system and media with intent to destroy the western world and eradicate Christianity
Imagine, supporting either side. The only reason modern israel even exists is because of American tax dollars, the same reason ukraine is still standing. Meanwhile, while things continue to fall apart here at home, my grandkids' grandkids will be saddled with tax debt along with many generations to come.
If you have no actual idea what's going on over there, you shouldn't have an opinion on the matter at all. This is far more complex than any of us westerners truly comprehend.
Both side are wrong in many ways but what's more wrong is sending any American tax payer money or resources. Gotta stop involving our selves in foreign conflict and fix our country first
I'm totally against both sides. Israel is responsible for creating its own enemies.
America first. Stop aid to Israel and stop acting like they're this innocent bunch of holy people.
Not taking sides but Israel don't have their hands clean either 75 years of ethnic cleansing and 15 years blockade and confiscation of sacred land. Look at the deaths and injuries side by sided over the last 2020 years it clearly shows Israel being the aggressor. Look at the agreed upon BOADERS in 1967 and look at Israeli occupation currently. Once again NOT TAKING SIDES BUT PULL UP THE STATS Israel has a problem with taking accountability

The thing about the "fix America first" argument is that these people are in many ways just as utopian and unrealistic as the far left. They're often viewing the past through rose tinted glasses, and their desired end state is never going to be realized, therefore they'll never actually run out of reasons to argue in favor of the need to "fix America first."

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

Maybe not a complete stalemate, but Ukrainian gains are very slow and small.  I am still of the belief that as time goes on, Ukraine slowly gets stronger and Russia is still slowly getting weaker.  I think that the recent global pot stirring instigated by Russia is due to this very fact.  They may not be losing big in Ukraine yet, but they are very aware of how much it is costing them and that these costs will continue to wear them down if things continue the way they have.

We need to up our aid to Ukraine and also help Israel (if needed) to annihilate Hamas and hopefully neuter Iran to some extent.  

I wish I knew more about the Iranian populace.  My emotional side would love to see Israel knock the snot out of Iran too, but there is the obvious possibility that this will just unite the pro-western Iranian people with the Iranian wackos in defense of their homeland.  Maybe that is not a risk- I don't know.  There are some who think that killing a shit pile of previously pro-western Iranians is the best solution to the problem.  LOL

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

Based on a class I took in college, Iranian society can essentially be boiled down to two elements: Principalists and Reformists. The former demographic is older, more conservative, more traditionalist, and more in favor of the regime. The latter is younger, more in favor of liberalization, and more in favor of Western values. I think that in the long term, the only real hope for change in Iran is for the Reformists to take power. That might happen slowly over time via demographic shifts, or it could happen quickly via revolution. Regardless, I don't think that heavy handed intervention is going to result in the sort of outcome we want. Like I said, I don't want to see 1st ID storming towards Tehran. I do think that covert/soft action has a lot of potential, however. Every time I think about Iran, I also get angry because I'm reminded of the idiocy Carter enabled by allowing the Shah to fall.

To tie this into the actual topic of this thread, I notice some similarities between Iranian and Russian society, in terms of the divide between the young and the old. From what I've seen, most younger Russians are opposed to the war and Vatnik ideology in general. If there's going to be actual change in Russian society, it's going to happen as a result of demographics shifting to favor the younger, more liberal demographic, much like I believe the case to be in Iran.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:57:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yekimak] [#5]
Looks like the Russians blew thier wad towards Andriivka today without any real success. To say things are at a stalemate is to simplify things too much. They can't seem to mount a successful offensive anymore as this is like the at least the 3rd if not 10th time they have tried to break Uke lines without much gains. I've lost count as to how many times I've seen reports of 100k troops gathering for an offensive somewhere just for it to be nothing burger in the end.

That said, how many times will Ukraine be able to withstand such onsloughts and keep at their slow grind through captured territories?

Also, fucking hell it was already a pain in the ass to sort through bs posts, Reposts, fundraisers, and general propaganda on the tg channels. This Israel thing is making it even harder.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 9:13:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gODZOOKIE] [#6]
Wonder how much of the Hamas attack was more about opening a second front by drawing US funds away from Ukraine since Biden is going to ask congress for $33 billion in aid for Israel’s defense?

*spelling
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Who makes roast beef better than the British though? Not to mention London Broil.

GF watches that British baking contest show. Some of that stuff looks pretty good to this American.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
urm No

Who makes roast beef better than the British though? Not to mention London Broil.

GF watches that British baking contest show. Some of that stuff looks pretty good to this American.

I watch that show too. They do a LOT of European food.

I'm not saying GB has bad food, but there's a reason they had a globe spanning empire! Just sayin'!
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By yekimak:
Looks like the Russians blew thier wad towards Andriivka today without any real success. To say things are at a stalemate is to simplify things too much. They can't seem to mount a successful offensive anymore as this is like the at least the 3rd if not 10th time they have tried to break Uke lines without much gains. I've lost count as to how many times I've seen reports of 100k troops gathering for an offensive somewhere just for it to be nothing burger in the end.

That said, how many times will Ukraine be able to withstand such onsloughts and keep at their slow grind through captured territories?

Also, fucking hell it was already a pain in the ass to sort through bs posts, Reposts, fundraisers, and general propaganda on the tg channels. This Israel thing is making it even harder.
View Quote

That's a valid question. At this point, were I in Ukraine's shoes, I would honestly stop the current offensive. The Russians have suffered large losses, and Ukraine's attrition based strategy has doubtless really hurt Russian artillery, but the Ukrainians have suffered large losses as well, and, at the end of the day, they have a smaller pool of manpower to pull from. I feel that at this point, the best thing to do would be to pull a lot of veterans off the line, adequately train up troops beyond barebones individual skills (something the Ukrainians have in many cases been unwilling to do), work towards cranking up domestic production of artillery shells and getting HRIM-2 production up and running, and then pull off some really cool shit in the latter half of 2024 and 2025.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

That's a valid question. At this point, were I in Ukraine's shoes, I would honestly stop the current offensive. The Russians have suffered large losses, and Ukraine's attrition based strategy has doubtless really hurt Russian artillery, but the Ukrainians have suffered large losses as well, and, at the end of the day, they have a smaller pool of manpower to pull from. I feel that at this point, the best thing to do would be to pull a lot of veterans off the line, adequately train up troops beyond barebones individual skills (something the Ukrainians have in many cases been unwilling to do), work towards cranking up domestic production of artillery shells and getting HRIM-2 production up and running, and then pull off some really cool shit in the latter half of 2024 and 2025.
View Quote

certainly that is a valid option.

trouble is -- Russia does the same with a pause. re-fit. re-arm. consolidate. prepare / repair fortifications and generally re-organize for the next Ukrainian offensive.

my gut tells me Ukraine does not want to take the pressure off for that reason.  maybe 'lessen' it a bit for the reasons you mention.  but not a complete pause.

weather will (if it hasn't already) necessitate a lessening of the optempo.   just absolute mired impassabilty in some areas.  they will fight in the winter though.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ayada:

This forum absolutely didn't need yet another world event to quickly send them to insanity. We are already down the lizard man path and it's only been a few days.

America first. We've got our own problems let's the Arabs and Jews figure it out themselves
Idk man Palestine never subverted our entire economic and political system and media with intent to destroy the western world and eradicate Christianity
Imagine, supporting either side. The only reason modern israel even exists is because of American tax dollars, the same reason ukraine is still standing. Meanwhile, while things continue to fall apart here at home, my grandkids' grandkids will be saddled with tax debt along with many generations to come.
If you have no actual idea what's going on over there, you shouldn't have an opinion on the matter at all. This is far more complex than any of us westerners truly comprehend.
Both side are wrong in many ways but what's more wrong is sending any American tax payer money or resources. Gotta stop involving our selves in foreign conflict and fix our country first
I'm totally against both sides. Israel is responsible for creating its own enemies.
America first. Stop aid to Israel and stop acting like they're this innocent bunch of holy people.
Not taking sides but Israel don't have their hands clean either 75 years of ethnic cleansing and 15 years blockade and confiscation of sacred land. Look at the deaths and injuries side by sided over the last 2020 years it clearly shows Israel being the aggressor. Look at the agreed upon BOADERS in 1967 and look at Israeli occupation currently. Once again NOT TAKING SIDES BUT PULL UP THE STATS Israel has a problem with taking accountability

Most of the “Fuck Ukraine” people i know are indeed “Fuck Israel”.

GD regulars seem to be confused that all the UkraineBros are Jew Crew as well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I think we need to take a close look at the grand strategy of the US, both in the context of Ukraine and the world. I'm naturally a pessimistic guy, to the point that some people find me annoying to be around. However, I don't feel I'm wrong in saying that some people may have gotten a bit too optimistic and complacent with Russia bogged down. Overall, we missed our chance to deal a quick and efficient killing blow to Russia post-Kharkiv, when they were in a much weaker position than they're in now. As a result, we're still heavily trending towards a geopolitical world that entails a multi-polar Axis (of which Russia is still a large part) vs US hegemony.

I've said this multiple times before, but I think it's a large mistake to view all of our geopolitical opponents and problems as existing independent of one another. You can see the influence of China, Russia, Iran, and their associated shitholes everywhere. Hamas and Hezbollah are currently attacking Israel with the blessing of Iran, Wagner is active all over Africa, Russia is using Iranian kamikaze drones to kill Ukrainians, North Korea has increased its military connections with Russia, and China is happy to sit on the sidelines as the US is hyper-polarized politically. An all-out war between Israel and Iran/its proxies is easily within sight, and China will probably initiate the war for all of the marbles in the South China Sea when they feel the time is right.

The US needs to take an assertive role, because the last thing we need is conflicts involving Russia, China, and Iran to kick off all around the same time. Let's crush Russia in Ukraine right now so we're not dealing with round three of this shit when China goes for Taiwan years down the road. We should also start fucking with Iran covertly more than we have. I don't want to see a ground war kick off between the US and Iran at least under current circumstances, but I do think there are ways we could destabilize the regime there without having 1st ID storming towards Tehran. The US also needs actual competent leadership. Round two of the grifter vs the senile old fool isn't going to cut it.
View Quote

Word, yes to all of this.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

WOW. The donut really worked out in that case.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Most of the "Fuck Ukraine" people i know are indeed "Fuck Israel".

View Quote
I bet you can't guess how the latest history lessons youtube video on Gaza goes. Yeah it's that bad.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

That's utterly stupid. Carriers are for one thing: force projection. That's inherently an offensive capability. Does Europe need to project force in Asia to defend itself? And carriers can't exist alone, they need destroyers, missile carriers, even subs to help them. Maybe to help fulfill NATO obligations to support the US.

Europe needs more missile defense and more medium range missiles and air defense, more cyber defense, more sane social and energy policy. Take care of that, and see where things are.
View All Quotes

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/senior-eu-official-pushes-for-european-aircraft-carrier/

That's utterly stupid. Carriers are for one thing: force projection. That's inherently an offensive capability. Does Europe need to project force in Asia to defend itself? And carriers can't exist alone, they need destroyers, missile carriers, even subs to help them. Maybe to help fulfill NATO obligations to support the US.

Europe needs more missile defense and more medium range missiles and air defense, more cyber defense, more sane social and energy policy. Take care of that, and see where things are.

They can pool together to build a fleet. I don't think they need it for Europe, Russia will never taken the seas due to its geography. But they can lend a hand if China makes a move for Taiwan.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:37:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gatetraveller] [#16]
View Quote

Wars are slow and historically last a long time.

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By alaskan_9974:
I haven’t checked in on this thread since the Israeli conflict started. Lots to read back through. What’s with all the Israeli references in it? More arguing between members then facts imo
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Interesting statement from Run Away Milley. He’s right but where were these statements when he was in a national command position? Something to watch over time.

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I bet you can't guess how the latest history lessons youtube video on Gaza goes. Yeah it's that bad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By kncook:

Most of the "Fuck Ukraine" people i know are indeed "Fuck Israel".

I think it's two different fronts of the same war...
I hope I'm wrong though.

I've had this worry about what Russia traded for the shaheeds and ammo.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

They can pool together to build a fleet. I don't think they need it for Europe, Russia will never taken the seas due to its geography. But they can lend a hand if China makes a move for Taiwan.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/senior-eu-official-pushes-for-european-aircraft-carrier/

Couldn’t Europe neutralize any Russian warships with land launched anti-ship missiles and integrated aircraft cover? The Baltic is surrounded by NATO, and the Med would not be a friendly sea, and the entry to the Atlantic would be easy to blockade with misfiles and aircraft.

The only benefit of a carrier task force would be projecting into the Middle East. Really want to get into that?  It seems Europe would be best off to quit allowing ME and North African immigrants flooding into their countries as a start. Then invest heavily in all manner of AD, long range affordable missiles and drones, and full suite of aircraft. Everything in QUANTITY.

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Russia may be looking to expand global conflict through HAMAS/Iran.

Scroll through if you don’t like it.  Most of us like to stay in the boat.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FBS14WcAA1ahC?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FBXcdXEAAYoWe?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FBmUwXEAAYg89?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FBrCoWQAAiDHj?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FB3B0WoAA-O8X?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FCEroWEAAor3v?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FCJZHWoAADDaf?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FCL2UXkAA1r_v?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FCrgXXAAAv95F?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FCwcYXgAAO5zp?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FC19BWgAAoJ1v?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FC3-xW8AArD9m?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FC5cwWYAAiJye?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDIMrXgAAu92r?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDJOQXIAAhLKH?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDMmZW0AAev8L?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDOBaXAAALr7j?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDSlYXsAA7DXZ?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDaODX0AAg3ED?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDbtcXgAALRw9?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDkKpWUAAjHiT?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDl8xXkAA7pEF?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDsBRWwAARVYs?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FD0wsX0AAVxWV?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FD2CmWIAAOa30?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FEG45XMAAa7ku?format=jpg&name=medium
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FBS14WcAA1ahC?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FBXcdXEAAYoWe?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FBmUwXEAAYg89?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FBrCoWQAAiDHj?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FB3B0WoAA-O8X?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FCEroWEAAor3v?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FCJZHWoAADDaf?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FCL2UXkAA1r_v?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FCrgXXAAAv95F?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FCwcYXgAAO5zp?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FC19BWgAAoJ1v?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FC3-xW8AArD9m?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FC5cwWYAAiJye?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDIMrXgAAu92r?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDJOQXIAAhLKH?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDMmZW0AAev8L?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDOBaXAAALr7j?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDSlYXsAA7DXZ?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDaODX0AAg3ED?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDbtcXgAALRw9?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDkKpWUAAjHiT?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDl8xXkAA7pEF?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FDsBRWwAARVYs?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FD0wsX0AAVxWV?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FD2CmWIAAOa30?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FEG45XMAAa7ku?format=jpg&name=medium

Thanks @Prime

Let’s allow all peripheral news related to the Israeli conflict.  Russia is stirring that pot.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 11:21:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#24]

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Those are great to see. Especially when there are follow up shells hitting. 👍

View All Quotes

Those are great to see. Especially when there are follow up shells hitting. 👍

Heck of a secondary from that cluster bomb.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I think we need to take a close look at the grand strategy of the US, both in the context of Ukraine and the world. I'm naturally a pessimistic guy, to the point that some people find me annoying to be around. However, I don't feel I'm wrong in saying that some people may have gotten a bit too optimistic and complacent with Russia bogged down. Overall, we missed our chance to deal a quick and efficient killing blow to Russia post-Kharkiv, when they were in a much weaker position than they're in now. As a result, we're still heavily trending towards a geopolitical world that entails a multi-polar Axis (of which Russia is still a large part) vs US hegemony.

I've said this multiple times before, but I think it's a large mistake to view all of our geopolitical opponents and problems as existing independent of one another. You can see the influence of China, Russia, Iran, and their associated shitholes everywhere. Hamas and Hezbollah are currently attacking Israel with the blessing of Iran, Wagner is active all over Africa, Russia is using Iranian kamikaze drones to kill Ukrainians, North Korea has increased its military connections with Russia, and China is happy to sit on the sidelines as the US is hyper-polarized politically. An all-out war between Israel and Iran/its proxies is easily within sight, and China will probably initiate the war for all of the marbles in the South China Sea when they feel the time is right.

The US needs to take an assertive role, because the last thing we need is conflicts involving Russia, China, and Iran to kick off all around the same time. Let's crush Russia in Ukraine right now so we're not dealing with round three of this shit when China goes for Taiwan years down the road. We should also start fucking with Iran covertly more than we have. I don't want to see a ground war kick off between the US and Iran at least under current circumstances, but I do think there are ways we could destabilize the regime there without having 1st ID storming towards Tehran. The US also needs actual competent leadership. Round two of the grifter vs the senile old fool isn't going to cut it.
View Quote

Like. I had a bunch more to add, but I'm tired.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Nope!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

Nope!

Effectively, yes.

I'm tracking along with what Girkin said in the recent post update he provided. Unless there is a significant change, neither side is currently able to achieve its goals on the battlefield. Ukraine as currently constituted cannot drive Russia as currently constituted out, and Russia cannot wipe Ukraine out. However, both sides believe if they keep pushing the other side will break. This means that while neither side is going to achieve its goals, neither will they accept negotiations.

Two possible changes could affect the situation: the cessation or significant reduction in western military aid, and some form of collapse on the Russian side (which Girkin has repeatedly warned of). I would estimate the former is the more likely change, although the latter change would make a bigger difference if it happened. Russia knows if they can outlast western military aid, they can win. Ukraine knows that Russia is very very brittle, militarily and politically. There is no predicting when & where some major collapse might occur. If Ukraine does somehow force a breakthrough because some units completely fail to hold their part of the line, it could cascade into a disaster. But as long as Russia holds the line, they win by not breaking. None of the positional changes of the last few months have been strategically significant. Absent major external change, no big strategic alterations are likely in the near term.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

It's a cheap crappy energy drink. It's pretty popular here, and the only one we have available on the base. Usually about $1.25
View Quote

I’ll toss in some of my favorites in the package
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Orcs have mined vast areas around the frontlines. It is almost impossible to get to most of positions with heavy vehicles or civil 4x4. Only on ATVs or on foot with such a "cart" in which they can deliver ammo, food and supplies.

Two of these carts were handed-over by
@baraban_odessa
to Mariners of 28 brigade.

Thank you for your support and donations 🫡✊

Slava Ukraini!

Video
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

British food is good. It’s not made to be exotic but simple.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
But Seymour Shithead Hersh says it's someone else.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:
NATO is too afraid to admit it is being attacked. Russia used the same ship as for Nordstream. Time to close off the Baltic. Mine it, patrol it with air cover.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4223-2986163.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4222-2986164.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4221-2986165.jpg

But Seymour Shithead Hersh says it's someone else.

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action, except twice is enough in this instance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:09:14 AM EDT
[#34]
First brought up back in April, now getting support from the Ministry of Digital Development.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:09:21 AM EDT
[#35]
HUGE HUGE HUGE NUMBERS!
Tanks and armored vehicles off the charts! The personnel is about double what it has been. Shit is getting pushed in.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:15:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Why this is not just about Ukraine as Russia would love to have NATO believe and keep blinders on. What isn’t on here are persistent attacks on NATO via Bulgaria, Romania, Finland, Poland and the Baltics using border incursions, drone attacks, EW, cutting cables and pipelines, mining exclusive sea lanes, etc.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:24:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Russia perceives slowness and indecision as weakness and an opportunity. Every delay, every “avoidance of escalation” only emboldens Russia to more vigorous efforts.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Progress… in the south while still holding firm against the onslaughts in the East and North.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:32:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#39]
From back in July:
Ukrainian-made PD-2 long-range drones were provided to 🇺🇦SBU by Ukrainian Charity ✅
@BackAndAlive
ComeBackAlive.

PD-2 conduct reconnaissance at a depth of >5km, remain airborne up to 12 hours and has a flight radius of up to 180km.

Support Ukrainian charities based in Ukraine!

https://twitter.com/walter_report/status/1684981427522121728
img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2JBq9tWYAA_EH3?format=jpg&name=medium[/img]
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2JBq9kXAAA0P3V?format=jpg&name=medium[/img]
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2JBq9kW0AAtwY9?format=jpg&name=medium[/img]

ComeBackAlive has donated another one.

SBU special forces received another unmanned aerial vehicle PD-2 for reconnaissance behind enemy lines

Fighters of the Special Operations Center "A" of the Security Service of Ukraine, who work on the front lines, are strengthening their capabilities and will see the enemy better and strike more accurately. From now on, they received another new PD-2 drone for reconnaissance in the rear of the Russian army.

With the help of such "birds", special forces of the SBU search for and set targets, which are then tested with long-range and high-precision weapons.

This unmanned complex was handed over to the SBU by the Return Alive Foundation. Volunteers collected almost 30 million hryvnias for the purchase of the device.

The complex consists of two reconnaissance drones that have a controlled flight radius of up to 180 km and are equipped with powerful zooms for daytime and thermal surveillance.

In addition, the set includes a mobile point and a ground control station, spare parts and other components.

Thank you to every Ukrainian who joins and helps our defenders!

Together we will win! Glory to Ukraine!

https://t.me/SBUkr/9946

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Part of that 91 armored vehicle count!

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

Russia may be looking to expand global conflict through HAMAS/Iran.

Scroll through if you don’t like it.  Most of us like to stay in the boat.
View Quote

No it makes to see it as a second front by proxy. I was referring to the arguing over ideology or between members. Looks like it was cleaned up since I posted. These threads are much more informative with facts not talking points.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:40:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#42]
More on the German goodness

AD porn video

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:11:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#43]
Posted to Azov’s TG and YouTube-

The first part of this video was posted at least a week ago.

The continuation of the video shows the capture of the Russian CO from yesterday. Seems likely that the officer was captured a week or two ago and the lag was to try to get useful information before advertising they had him.

?????????? ?????????. ?????: ????????? ??????, ?????????? 72 ??????? ??, ????? ?????? ?????
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#44]

AD porn video

View Quote

Germany transfers additional Patriot and IRIS-T to Ukraine, as well as three Gepard anti-aircraft guns

In addition, 10 more Leopard 1A5 battle tanks, 15 armored vehicles and 20 ambulances will arrive in Ukraine in the coming weeks.

The total cost of this assistance will be 1 billion euros.

https://t.me/mertviorku/3706

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:23:09 AM EDT
[#45]
10 Oct: SUICIDE OPERATION. Russians SET RECORD LOSSES IN 1 DAY. | War in Ukraine Explained
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:58:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Germany transfers additional Patriot and IRIS-T to Ukraine, as well as three Gepard anti-aircraft guns

In addition, 10 more Leopard 1A5 battle tanks, 15 armored vehicles and 20 ambulances will arrive in Ukraine in the coming weeks.

View All Quotes

AD porn video

While the IRIS-T is a great system it's got short legs but adding another Patriot will be huge and hopefully frees one up to knock down Russian fighters near the frontline.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:36:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#48]
HUGE HUGE HUGE NUMBERS!
Tanks and armored vehicles off the charts! The personnel is about double what it has been. Shit is getting pushed in.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4231-2986803.jpg

View Quote

Facking hell mate!

Those must be the numbers from the Avdiivka attack.  If they’re correct that means another Vuhledar, or worse!
The vehicle losses today are:  34 TANKS, 91 APCs, 20 TRUCKS.  I think we can also make a case to look at the losses on 10/8 as potentially being the start of this action, and add 10/8 though 10/11.  If these days are added together, we’re looking at  63 TANKS, 118 APCS, 72 TRUCKS.  Checking the numbers against the Vuhledar reporting, we may be looking at a defeat TWICE as bad as Vuhledar.  The vehicle numbers represent three BTGs worth of APCs or six BTGs worth of tanks.  So it represents at least 3 BTGs, possibly heavily reinforced with tanks.  Also possible that more BTGs were involved, as they are likely to be all understrength.  Basically a Russian attack by 1-2 BRIGADES was just smashed.  

10/8 losses: 21 tanks, 22 APCs, 38 trucks.

Attachment Attached File

10/9 losses:  very slow day

Attachment Attached File

10/10 losses:  also not much going on

10/11 losses:  HOLLLLYYY SHIITE!

Attachment Attached File

The Battle of Vuhledar took place mainly on Jan 24/25.  This is how Ukraine reported the losses.
The manpower losses aren’t necessarily related because Bakhmut was raging.  But from 1/26 to 1/29 is likely when Ukraine reported the Vuhledar losses.  The vehicle losses in that period are: 36 TANKS, 59 APCs, 70 TRUCKS:

Jan 26 losses:  780 men, 14 tanks, 27 APCs, 19 trucks.  At that point in the thread the first indication that shit had gone down was the loss statement.

Attachment Attached File

Jan 27 losses:  big manpower losses but not much else.  No news of the battle hit until around mid-day our time on 1/27.

Attachment Attached File

Jan 28 losses:  lots of men and some trucks.

Attachment Attached File

Jan 29 losses.  Lots of men, lots of APCs, some tanks.

Attachment Attached File

Jan 30 losses: low across the board

Attachment Attached File

Jan 31 losses:  lots of men, little else.  Remember Bakhmut was also going on.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:39:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

While the IRIS-T is a great system it's got short legs but adding another Patriot will be huge and hopefully frees one up to knock down Russian fighters near the frontline.
View Quote

I think they are roughly similar. Iris t is more mobile. The best advantage of the nasams is the ability to use different missiles, including older ones.

Someone should do a nasams vs iris t comparison
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:02:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Interesting thread on the IDF

View Quote
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4988 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top