Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5444 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capta:

It likely won’t matter anyways, because confrontation will be forced by further miscalculation by Putin or his replacement.  History is full of wars being started due to completely erroneous “reasoning”.  And I’m not even talking about straight lies.  At some point Putin will take our lack of deterrent action as opportunity and he’ll be wrong.
Same thing with Israel.  The Arabs will keep pushing and pushing because they’ve been saved time and again from the consequences of their decisions.  So they could be forgiven for thinking that they just need to keep pushing to finally exterminate the Jews.  At some point they will be wrong.
In both cases more forceful action earlier could reduce costs for everyone, but that does not appear to be in the cards.
View Quote

Yup and everyone will get what they least desired: Russia, Iran, hamas, etc will get a full power response and the snotty bedwetting SME's will get an existential war for survival forcing US to kill millions. Because OF THEM!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I will just say that Javelin seekers have pattern and shape recognition of the target, and it aims for the center point mostly.  You aren't going to fool it by creating hot spots or other heat sources around your tank.

Depending on the aspect of your tank to the missile, you will get hit from a slant as it dives on you.

https://sl.theomegaconcern.com/images/stories/Javelin-Profiles.jpg
https://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/50/Javelin_flight_profiles.jpg/663px-Javelin_flight_profiles.jpg
View Quote

Excellent. And I have no doubts that some tweaks and modifications will result from the mountain of feedback from Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Live, true hypersonic round with the HGV under the nose shroud.

The AGM-183A had a claimed maximum speed of more than 15,000 miles per hour (24,000 km/h; Mach 20). The weapon used a boost-glide system, in which it was propelled to hypersonic speed by a rocket on which it was mounted before gliding toward a target.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Prime:
🔞 Avdiivka, Russians, just meat...
https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1763320280791818554

View Quote

In Hollywood ALL explosions look like that. (referring to the fuel tank grenade drop vid)
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Excellent. And I have no doubts that some tweaks and modifications will result from the mountain of feedback from Ukraine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I will just say that Javelin seekers have pattern and shape recognition of the target, and it aims for the center point mostly.  You aren't going to fool it by creating hot spots or other heat sources around your tank.

Depending on the aspect of your tank to the missile, you will get hit from a slant as it dives on you.

https://sl.theomegaconcern.com/images/stories/Javelin-Profiles.jpg
https://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/50/Javelin_flight_profiles.jpg/663px-Javelin_flight_profiles.jpg

There is mountains of data, and even software differences between the US Javelin and the export ones.  But it all helps create a more robust system with live data sets.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

I've been thinking along the same Q-Ship line for a while now, but I was thinking of something in the more traditional sense. Merchant ship armed with guns, torpedoes, etc...

Your idea with both airborne and seaborne drones is a lot more stealthy and easier to hide or deny evidence.

Very interesting!
View Quote

Imagine a totally autonomous Q-ship equipped with a bunch of drones, sea-drones, mines, missiles, etc...
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Fires seen from satellite and radars don't mix.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Good illustrative video on how IRIS-T works.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Riddle me this - why is EU buying more and more Russian wheat, yet some are boycotting the cheaper Ukrainian wheat?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/eu-imports-of-russian-grain-surge-by-900-amid-ukraine-s-export-reduction-and-polish-border-controls/ar-BB1iC2xU
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Mass produce as in 1 per year?
View Quote

Snort, coffee in my nose.  Cause it's true.  Look at their tank production was supposed to be like 400 a month.  What do we see 30ish most refurbed hulls.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD:

This is known as the “sunk cost” fallacy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD:

Yup. They cant suffer over 400K casualties KIA and WIA not to mention a large part of their vehicles, aircraft and back out now. The war has taken on a life of it's own now and they will keep pounding away until they cannot. Then they will try to buy time with bullshit negotiations.

This is known as the “sunk cost” fallacy.

Yes, but there is also the politics of it. People are irrational and vindictive, and collectively won't let go if that sunk cost.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok, then.  How about a clandestine container ship loaded with cheap fertilizer ala Texas City and remotely sailed into an orc or NORK port or near an ammo resupply ship?  Unlike horse shoes close would count.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Imagine a totally autonomous Q-ship equipped with a bunch of drones, sea-drones, mines, missiles, etc...
View Quote

See my post about a page prior.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Fltot:
Riddle me this - why is EU buying more and more Russian wheat, yet some are boycotting the cheaper Ukrainian wheat?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/eu-imports-of-russian-grain-surge-by-900-amid-ukraine-s-export-reduction-and-polish-border-controls/ar-BB1iC2xU
View Quote
Maybe because the Ukrainian wheat is contaminated with pieces of russian armor and airforce.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By doc540:
Ok, then.  How about a clandestine container ship loaded with cheap fertilizer ala Texas City and remotely sailed into an orc or NORK port or near an ammo resupply ship?  Unlike horse shoes close would count.
View Quote

Exactly. Although I bet they have their ammo ports pretty well secured. But still would be entertaining to try and said some old "freighter" as close to possible, loaded with drones, mines, and ANFO. I would add a bunch of mannequins dressed like Trump and cameras for pay-per-view. Profit!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By weptek911:
I’m convinced they don’t want Russia defeated. The snotty drive by SMEs we’ve had in this thread alluded to being afraid of “second and third order effects” if their pet Russians are humiliated.what the administration wants is “balance” same goes for Israel vs Iran and militant Islam. No clear winner or loser just a balance of forces no matter how much carnage entails.
View Quote

There's no denying this anymore. US leadership wants to look like they're helping the 'good guys' while doing nothing that would actually defeat the invaders. For all the heat about 'we shouldn't be helping Ukraine' it just makes it worse that we're actually not; we're spending tons of money, but not actually helping them win. If the Biden administration wanted Ukraine to win, they would have acted very, very differently from the beginning. The #1 goal is giving the appearance of helping without actually damaging Putin in any way. It's very sick. Many thousands of lives are being thrown away for the sake of appearances.

Of all the US Presidents to have been played by Putin over the last 25 years, Biden is the worst.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Failed Russian assault out of Adviika.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHlmPUQXcAAgh8p?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Holy crap.

Did they drag and pile the bodies there or did they all die in place? Thats a lot of dead bodies dropping in one place. Wonder if it was a HIMARS ball-bearing hit on a meeting of troops or something.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Exactly. Although I bet they have their ammo ports pretty well secured. But still would be entertaining to try and said some old "freighter" as close to possible, loaded with drones, mines, and ANFO. I would add a bunch of mannequins dressed like Trump and cameras for pay-per-view. Profit!
View All Quotes

Arrange a corruption deal with an orc Naval officer to allow it into port thinking it's loaded with whatever bait is enticing and in line with his current schemes.  SURPRISE MOFOKKER!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Yes. I think I was adding to it. Probably should have quoted you...
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

No problem.  Collective scheming is always more productive.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:46:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#22]
FighterBomber’s opinion on A-50s.

​Rostec intends to restore the previous production of A-50 long-range radar detection and control aircraft (AWACS), since the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation have a need for it. This was stated by the head of the state corporation Sergei Chemezov, writes TASS.

After two tragedies in a row, the fleet of combat-ready A-50s in the Aerospace Forces was greatly reduced. This is to put it mildly.
Whatever one may say, the blame for the loss of the A-50 only indirectly lies with the Ukrainians, because as I have written many times, the RLDNiU aircraft is an extremely important and extremely complex and very fat target. This is not just a flying locator. This is a flying command post that sees and knows everything itself.
But of course, with its proper use. If you put it over Kiev so that they can see how the Poles are doing there, or suddenly shoot it down with your fighters, or the air defense that is supposed to protect it, then of course it will not live long.

Even if its detection range characteristics suddenly/suddenly/completely unexpectedly turn out to be insufficient and greatly overestimated, this is still not a reason to place it within the range of enemy air defense systems. Even if you have not about zero such planes and crews, but a hundred.

Therefore, it is clear that at an emergency pace we will now restore the entire iron series of the A-50, and accelerate the adoption of the A-100. And of course, make new A-50s, most likely from the existing Il-76 fleet to begin with.

Moreover, all these new machines are meaningless if they are also easily and naturally lost as a result of mistakes, miscalculations, incompetence and underestimations.

I’m almost sure that the crests have long been using missiles with a passive guidance system, which fly at the radiation source and do not need target illumination either from the ground or from the air, and it is not necessarily aimed at the sights and locators of airplanes and helicopters. They can be aimed at a jamming station, a radio altimeter, DISS, radio communications, or all of this at the same time with a bonus in the form of active guidance at the final stage of missile guidance, when the missile itself searches for the target using its own means.
And this is already far beyond 160 km.

When planning work, we must start from the worst options for us and everything will definitely work out for us.

https://t.me/fighter_bomber/15859

View Quote

A-50 capabilities were oversold???

Also, maybe “HARM-200?”
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

There's no denying this anymore. US leadership wants to look like they're helping the 'good guys' while doing nothing that would actually defeat the invaders. For all the heat about 'we shouldn't be helping Ukraine' it just makes it worse that we're actually not; we're spending tons of money, but not actually helping them win. If the Biden administration wanted Ukraine to win, they would have acted very, very differently from the beginning. The #1 goal is giving the appearance of helping without actually damaging Putin in any way. It's very sick. Many thousands of lives are being thrown away for the sake of appearances.

Of all the US Presidents to have been played by Putin over the last 25 years, Biden is the worst.
View Quote

This 100% although I dont think Putin is "playing" of fooling Xiden (at least considering he is senile and probably thinks Putin is the head of AFLCIO...) but Xiden has been compromised. Certainly prior to the invasion and now wants to publicly help Ukraine as much as his deals with Putin will allow. Putin doesnt want Xiden to take the gloves off of the aid and Xiden doesnt want any more Russian "election interference" in the form of revelations of certain agreements and guarantees made to Putin. Between corrupt politicians, pacifist/defeatist/status quo State and CIA weenies, idiot pro-Russian Republicans...the USA is an all-clown circus.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#25]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHkM-4JasAEEf0C?format=jpg&name=medium

The Maryino area turned into a real fortress in the morning. Dozens of paddy wagons, road service and utility vehicles have been pulled up to the Temple of the Icon of the Mother of God “Quench My Sorrows,” where today the farewell ceremony for Alexei Navalny will take place. All entrances are controlled by traffic police crews. The streets are patrolled by security forces of all stripes.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/46199
View Quote

Roman Golovanov says those who attend Navalny's funeral should be arrested
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

20+ good Russians right there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Those F-16's can't get there soon enough.  These guys are forced to use nothing but old semi active radar homing missiles equivalent to our AIM-7 from Vietnam, and short range IR missiles.

F-16's with AIM-120's, even older export C models will be a huge leap for air to air.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHledqRX0AAgCCl?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

The math on ranges ends up being really interesting between JDAM-ER (up to 70km), AIM-120 (105km), and GLSDB (150km).

S-300 can in theory reach out 150km. Russia's glide bombs have a 40km range with ideal release, and in practice a lot less as Patriot keeps eating those that fly too high.

F-16's with AIM-120s will make it effectively suicide for Russia to try to use their glide bombs against the front. Patriot makes it risky today, but Patriot can't be everywhere and takes time to move around.

At the same time, GLSDB will make it extremely risky to put an S300 close enough to threaten JDAM-ER dropping Ukrainian aircraft.

Together it would mean Ukraine can bomb Russian frontal positions with (relatively) inexpensive and plentiful weapons that are both powerful and accurate, while Russia loses the ability to do the same.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Russian ATV rocked by an Ukrainian drone:

Riding with Ukrainian artillery group:

Russian T-90 tank hit by a drone:

Expensive Russian SAM flips on a highway in Sochi:

Russian cargo ship is burning:

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#29]

It's sad and funny all at the same time. I'm so conflicted.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Those F-16's can't get there soon enough.  These guys are forced to use nothing but old semi active radar homing missiles equivalent to our AIM-7 from Vietnam, and short range IR missiles.

F-16's with AIM-120's, even older export C models will be a huge leap for air to air.

View Quote

If the Biden administration was serious about helping Ukraine win, F16s would already have been there for a year now. Or more.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#31]

If you keep poking out very expensive long range radar systems, you are going to eventually run out of radars and technicians that know how to use them.
View Quote

Technically, most male students that graduated in the Russian equivalent of EE were trained as radar technicians in an ROTC-like program so they aren't going to run out, although in practice they're going to be next to useless at first when called up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Wow, big news I haven’t seen before!
Zeihan quotes Israeli Ambassador to the UN saying that Israel is ready to start providing military assistance to Ukraine, specifically early warning radars.  This due to “Russian policy changes in the middle east.”

Israel and Russia Fall Out (Sending Aid to Ukraine) || Peter Zeihan
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By vahog:

The Q-Ship idea would be a lot more workable if there was more distance between Nork ports and Vladivostok. There is just not much space and time and the retaliation would be swift. You get one shot.

View Quote

letters of Marque for subs capable of drone launch
🤘🤘🤘🤘
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#34]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHheRDHXkAAPM8V?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

The music on that 3rd vid.. lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#35]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

The math on ranges ends up being really interesting between JDAM-ER (up to 70km), AIM-120 (105km), and GLSDB (150km).

S-300 can in theory reach out 150km. Russia's glide bombs have a 40km range with ideal release, and in practice a lot less as Patriot keeps eating those that fly too high.

F-16's with AIM-120s will make it effectively suicide for Russia to try to use their glide bombs against the front. Patriot makes it risky today, but Patriot can't be everywhere and takes time to move around.

At the same time, GLSDB will make it extremely risky to put an S300 close enough to threaten JDAM-ER dropping Ukrainian aircraft.

Together it would mean Ukraine can bomb Russian frontal positions with (relatively) inexpensive and plentiful weapons that are both powerful and accurate, while Russia loses the ability to do the same.
View All Quotes

Except everyone in the West has been dragging feet and all that promised hardware is vaporware at this point.

They will have two F16s and 20 GLSDB bombs with maybe 1 more old ATACMS delivered in a year.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:16:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castlebravo84] [#36]

View All Quotes

I've been saying it for a while.

Ukrainian or other allied Q ships getting deniable ISR support from USN would wreck bush league navies like Russia, Iran, or NK and would annihilate their shipping.  

Buy some merchies covertly and load them up with attack drones (air, surface, and subsurface), cruise missiles, ect. Set the ships up so they can sail around autonomous in a limited fashion as needed and you can offload the crews to fast boats and shuffle them around if/when an enemy combatant moves to intercept.  It could be as simple as just setting an autopilot course and bugging out until the threat passes, then return if the ship wasn't attacked, or remote scuttle it if the enemy attempts to board, or with a bit more effort you could rig a satcom/starlink terminal to remote control the autopilot and radios to maneuver and answer radio challenges.  The fast boats could be used to launch the attacks further away from the motherships as well.  The biggest problem I see is that our adversaries could use similar tactics against us.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

If this were done effectively, it would be a substantial improvement for Ukraine. I don't know about changing the course of the war, but maybe.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:36:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#38]

View All Quotes

Not just US leadership. Western European leadership included.

Originally Posted By Fltot:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/eu-imports-of-russian-grain-surge-by-900-amid-ukraine-s-export-reduction-and-polish-border-controls/ar-BB1iC2x

Maritime transport of Russian grain delivered prices puts it cheaper than delivered prices of Ukrainian grain via land transport. Russia is also flooding the wheat export market (bumper harvest 2 years in a row with 2024 expectations to also be a bumper harvest) engaging in economic warfare against the Ukrainians. Note how the top European importers of Russian grain have maritime access and is much further from Ukraine than the primary complainants of cheap Ukrainian grain.

Food as the “Silent Weapon”: Russia’s Gains and Ukraine’s Losses
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

Ukrainian or other allied Q ships getting deniable ISR support from USN would wreck bush league navies like Russia, Iran, or NK and would annihilate their shipping.  

Buy some merchies covertly and load them up with attack drones (air, surface, and subsurface), cruise missiles, ect. Set the ships up so they can sail around autonomous in a limited fashion as needed and you can offload the crews to fast boats and shuffle them around if/when an enemy combatant moves to intercept.  It could be as simple as just setting an autopilot course and bugging out until the threat passes, then return if the ship wasn't attacked, or remote scuttle it if the enemy attempts to board, or with a bit more effort you could rig a satcom/starlink terminal to remote control the autopilot and radios to maneuver and answer radio challenges.  The fast boats could be used to launch the attacks further away from the motherships as well.  The biggest problem I see is that our adversaries could use similar tactics against us.
View Quote

Sorry, I missed that.

Excellent!  Very much more well developed than my original ideas.

Constricting long distance resupply might not be a complex or expensive proposition.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Holy crap.

Did they drag and pile the bodies there or did they all die in place? Thats a lot of dead bodies dropping in one place. Wonder if it was a HIMARS ball-bearing hit on a meeting of troops or something.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Holy crap.

They might eventually put out the video that caused this, but it doesn't seem like they were dragged or staged for the video.

Could have been an air bursting 155 mm round, but whatever it was caused everyone to stop in their tracks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

"Cancellation
On March 29, 2023, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, Andrew Hunter told the House Tactical Air and Land Forces Subcommittee, a committee responsible for providing oversight for military ammunition, acquisition, and aviation programs, that the AGM-183A program would not proceed, although the ARRW program's last two all-up round test flights would proceed in order to collect data to help with future hypersonic programs."

Lockheed Martin say they are ready for low-rate production of the ARRW but there is no funding.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkNH:
Live, true hypersonic round with the HGV under the nose shroud.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHjeOnKWoAAbacM?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHjeOn6WcAAxMt-?format=jpg&name=large

"Cancellation
On March 29, 2023, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, Andrew Hunter told the House Tactical Air and Land Forces Subcommittee, a committee responsible for providing oversight for military ammunition, acquisition, and aviation programs, that the AGM-183A program would not proceed, although the ARRW program's last two all-up round test flights would proceed in order to collect data to help with future hypersonic programs."

Lockheed Martin say they are ready for low-rate production of the ARRW but there is no funding.

February 15th 2024
https://defensescoop.com/2024/02/15/laplante-arrw-hypersonic-missile-air-force/

LaPlante hints at plan to continue Air Force’s boost-glide hypersonic missile efforts

“Let’s just say that there is a plan. It’s not something we can talk about in this open session," Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment William LaPlante told members of the House Armed Services Committee.

The Pentagon’s top weapons buyer suggested to lawmakers that work related to the Air Force’s Air-Launched Rapid Response Weapon (ARRW) project will move forward in some fashion beyond this fiscal year despite budget uncertainty and hiccups with testing.

Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment William LaPlante hinted at follow-on efforts during an exchange with Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., at a House Armed Services Committee hearing Thursday regarding Defense Department initiatives to expedite the fielding of innovative technologies.

“The Air Force’s ARRW system is the only hypersonic weapon that the DOD has successfully tested so far. And yet the DOD currently has no plans to move the program forward. Why is that?” Banks asked.

“Let’s just say that there is a plan. It’s not something we can talk about in this open session. But we’d like to talk. We’d be happy to come over and brief you in a SCIF [sensitive compartmented information facility where classified information can be viewed and discussed],” LaPlante replied.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

Technically, most male students that graduated in the Russian equivalent of EE were trained as radar technicians in an ROTC-like program so they aren't going to run out, although in practice they're going to be next to useless at first when called up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By voyager3:

If you keep poking out very expensive long range radar systems, you are going to eventually run out of radars and technicians that know how to use them.

That was what I was sort of implying, they aren't your typical mobik, and yet if Ukraine keeps destroying their tools of the trade, they aren't going to be very useful in their designated roles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Wow, big news I haven’t seen before!
Zeihan quotes Israeli Ambassador to the UN saying that Israel is ready to start providing military assistance to Ukraine, specifically early warning radars.  This due to “Russian policy changes in the middle east.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUWMifkHeLw
View Quote

Interesting. I would NOT want to be on Israel's bad side and Russia is stupid(er) for provoking them. Small country but lots of technical skills.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

80 days worth of real firepower.

120 if they make it stretch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

View Quote

It's something that could be used maybe once or twice and maybe end up leading to innocent shipping being attacked (by mistake or for retaliation). But if this Op could be seen as 100% Ukrainian, what more could Russia do besides yet another tantrum missile attack.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#50]
45 minutes ago, Russian sources.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5444 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top