Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5443 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:01:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capta:

Eh, getting “ready to produce them” is probably a lot more notional than not.
They won’t get many if any into production in the time scale of Round One, say the next 2-3 years.  I’d agree that they probably do intend to do it and that it indicates that there will be a worse Round Two.
On the other hand, a bunch of Mig-35 targets should make for quite a few F-35 aces.
View Quote

That was my thought. When I worked in a corporate glass office building, I would sometimes say:

"They are fixing to get ready to have a meeting to discuss how to prepare for the planning step."
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By doc540:
Remember during WWII when the Germans  "merchant raiders" concealed guns on what appeared to be domestic freighters?

A modern version could be a fake registered freighter or tanker which could launch maritime drones against NORK ammo ships in international waters.

Same for Iranian cargo planes and air assets from a floating launch platform.

For the right money there are organizations that would do it for you.  

Crimp the resupply.  

View Quote

I've been thinking along the same Q-Ship line for a while now, but I was thinking of something in the more traditional sense. Merchant ship armed with guns, torpedoes, etc...

Your idea with both airborne and seaborne drones is a lot more stealthy and easier to hide or deny evidence.

Very interesting!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

I've been thinking along the same Q-Ship line for a while now, but I was thinking of something in the more traditional sense. Merchant ship armed with guns, torpedoes, etc...

Your idea with both airborne and seaborne drones is a lot more stealthy and easier to hide or deny evidence.

Very interesting!
View Quote

what evidence?   (glug, glug...)  
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:26:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Very interesting!
View Quote

The Q-Ship idea would be a lot more workable if there was more distance between Nork ports and Vladivostok. There is just not much space and time and the retaliation would be swift. You get one shot.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Prime:
An interesting observation about the specifics of the Javelin by the RF tank crews. This phenomenon applies only to T-80 tanks. The missiles hit 2 main points - the heated gun barrel and the exhaust manifold grill, which in tanks with gass turbine is also very hot. As a result, the tanks were damaged, but in most cases were not destroyed (penetration of up to 300 mm after hiting with the barrel). The T-72 (T-90) series do not have this feature - they get more serious damage or are destroyed.
On photos, the missile coming from above, it is quite obvious that it is a "Javelin".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHgrJO9WMAEt4qV?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHgrJOwWgAAin3a?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHgrJOxXUAEKDsJ?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHgrMORWEAALPHz?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHgrMPyWsAASf3g?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHgrMQ1WQAAyKRU?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHgrMRvXYAEBDFv?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHhJvtwWIAAU-6Y?format=png&name=small
View Quote

That’s gotta be misinformation, ‘cause even the Russians wouldn’t be dumb enough to publish information like that, if genuine.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:13:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#6]

Young recruits for once.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:15:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:14:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#8]
Interesting question, very interesting.

https://t.me/Z13_Separ/25851

I actually have nothing to add.

https://t.me/Z13_Separ/25859

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:17:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting question, very interesting.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_2653-3145629.jpg

https://t.me/Z13_Separ/25851
View Quote

Somebody goin' to the pokey.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:17:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#10]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:19:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#11]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Somebody goin' to the pokey.
View Quote

"Internal enemies" is a term that national leadership doesn't want to hear too often.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:20:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#12]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:33:28 AM EDT
[#13]
These get progressively more hilarious.

As the Cheka-OGPU found out, in accordance with the decision of the Basmanny District Court of Moscow, the arrest of the deputy head of Roscosmos Oleg Frolov was extended until May 19, 2024. He is accused of large-scale theft.

Based on the indirect evidence given in the court ruling, it can be understood that this is a project for the creation (construction) of the “Barocomplex”. This project was created at PJSC Elektromekhanika (Rzhev, Tver region) and upon completion in February 2020 was sent to Krasnoyarsk, apparently to the JSC Krasmash plant, where Sarmat missiles are also produced. Deputy General Director of Roscosmos State Corporation Frolov was responsible for the implementation of the weapons program, including the creation of Sarmat. And now it’s clear that something went wrong in the creation of “Sarmat”..... One is confident that it’s not a matter of stolen money (during the creation of building No. 13 at the VNIIEM JSC enterprise), but a matter of responsibility for the implementation (fulfillment) of its main functions by Frolov.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/46190

Vladimir Putin in his message clarifies that the Sarmat missile system is being supplied to the troops, which is supposed to replace the Soviet nuclear shield “Voevoda”; it was produced in Dnepropetrovsk (Dnepr) or, as it is often called, “Satan”. So, sources of the Cheka-OGPU say that today the Krasnoyarsk Machine-Building Plant is experiencing a serious shortage of electronic components (electronic component base) for the production of strategic missiles. The electronics of the new RS 28 (Sarmat) missile system are largely of foreign origin and, due to sanctions, are experiencing a serious shortage. Now all efforts are being made to somehow correct the situation with the supply of sanctioned electronics, they are even sacrificing the production of S 400 air defense systems in Siberia, all for Sarmat. Also, many problems have not been solved; there have been a small number of successful test launches. Putting on combat duty in the fall of 23 is still a credit of trust; the missiles can be counted on one hand and it is unknown how they will behave during launches.

The Pantsir S1 anti-aircraft missile system that had an accident in Sochi was supposed to be on combat duty before the arrival of Russian President Putin at his Bocharov Ruchey residence. On March 2, a youth festival will start in Sochi, which will be held in Sirius, huge financial and information resources have been pulled together, Putin will have to attend a youth rally and speak to the guests.

Now the President's Security Council faces a dilemma: what to do? These complexes are about to be recalculated; such an accident will put them out of action for a long time, but replacement will probably have to be done elsewhere and expose the protection of the sky.

Such an accident of the Pantsir, according to sources of the Cheka-OGPU, is a typical and constant problem. Initially, the air defense system created in the USSR was supposed to be on the MAZ chassis, but due to the collapse of the Soviet Union, they could not find an alternative and installed it on the KamAZ, which was not designed for the given dimensions and weight, and this is the problem.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/46194

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:51:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#14]
Ukraine on target to surpass one million FPV drone production goal, fueling wartime GDP growth

Ukraine appears to be ahead of its stated 2024 objective of producing a million drones for battling Russia’s invasion, with government officials saying 200,000 of those first-person view (FPV) UAVs have already been manufactured by the nation’s proliferating aerial tech companies.

Anna Hvozdiar, deputy minister for strategic industries, told Forbes’ Ukrainian language edition Thursday that the country’s specialized drone and wider defense sector companies had already produced about 200,000 FPV UAVs before the close of February. That puts Ukraine on pace to surpass the 2024 objective of providing a million of the craft to the nation’s fighters by 20%.

That augmented cadence is significant for a few reasons.

First, it reflects activity rising to match what  Ukraine minister for strategic industries Oleksandr Kamyshin said in a December social media post was Ukraine’s objective to “produce a million drones next year.” The target was specifically for FPV craft, which have proven particularly potent since Ukraine began re-adapting the hobby UAVs for strike purposes in late 2022.

Indeed, Hvozdiar said the two-month 2024 production of 200,000 craft represented the largest component of what Ukraine expects to be over two million drones of various kinds turned out this year.

According to Ukraine publication Militarny, photos and videos of the new drones indicate they’re outfitted with sensors enabling night as well as day activity, including operation in hostile weather conditions.

The FPV UAVs are also reportedly capable of flying from 40 to 50 km while carrying a four kg warhead. It’s believed they may be used in longer distance deployment of swarms, relying on a repeater communication craft that act like a “queen bee” serving as the eyes and relay station for remote pilots to stage attacks.

But the rising drone production rates is also significant for a broader reason.

Despite what is now the two-year invasion by Russia that has ravaged a large swath of the nation, Ukraine has managed to keep its economy moving despite the destruction of war. Drone activity has been central to that.

Contrary to what might be expected amid the fighting, Ukraine said its GDP expanded by 5.3% during the first nine months of 2023 compared to the same period the previous year, and expects growth of about 5% this year. That’s only about two-thirds of what it was in constant terms prior to the invasion, but still quite a feat for a country fighting relentless attacks to preserve its very existence.

A large part of that growth has arisen from government policies to adjust the economy to provide for the nation’s defense efforts, and directing foreign aid toward that rather than simply relying on it as plug-and-play material assistance.

In doing so, leaders in Kyiv have relaxed formerly strict tax, import, and business creation rules to make activity easier to initiate and build. They’ve also launched special areas where newly-formed companies can work in proximity to create mutually beneficial ecosystems and economies of scale.

One result of that, officials have said, is that Ukraine has gone from having had essentially no domestic drone production capacity when the invasion began, to boasting over 200 companies now churning out a wide range of UAVs for the war effort.

On the other hand, however, that drone and wider economic growth are dependent on continuing inflows of support from abroad – a resource that has slowed to a trickle as US assistance remains blocked by what’s increasingly looking like a de facto civil war across the nation’s political divide.

https://dronedj.com/2024/02/29/ukraine-on-target-to-surpass-one-million-fpv-drone-production-goal-fueling-wartime-gdp-growth/

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:53:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Very interesting!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doc540:
Remember during WWII when the Germans  "merchant raiders" concealed guns on what appeared to be domestic freighters?

A modern version could be a fake registered freighter or tanker which could launch maritime drones against NORK ammo ships in international waters.

Same for Iranian cargo planes and air assets from a floating launch platform.

For the right money there are organizations that would do it for you.  

Crimp the resupply.  

Very interesting!

I have a much better idea.
Step 1:  Buy a container ship with a decent turn of speed.
Step 2:  Run up the Ukrainian flag
Step 3: Ram the NK cargo ship
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 3:14:30 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 3:41:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 3:45:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 3:53:31 AM EDT
[#19]

The drones were aimed at Dzerzhinsk, where a large military plant is located

On the night of March 1, three unmanned aerial vehicles of the aircraft type tried to attack the territory of the industrial zone of Dzerzhinsk (Nizhny Novgorod region), but were suppressed by electronic warfare. This was announced by the head of the city Ivan Noskov.

"There are no casualties or destruction, emergency services are working on the spot. Industrial facilities are operating normally," he wrote.

The publication "Live in Nizhny" says that the residents of Dzerzhinsk were woken up by two explosions: at 1:54 and at 1:55.

According to Baza, UAVs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine tried to attack the Sverdlov plant in Dzerzhinsk. This is a city-forming enterprise that is part of the Russian military-industrial complex.

Earlier, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation reported on the suppression of terrorist attacks using aircraft-type UAVs: one drone was destroyed in the Belgorod region, three more were intercepted in the Nizhny Novgorod region. In the evening, at about 10 p.m., the UAV was destroyed in the Kursk region.

In the morning, Kursk Governor Roman Starovoit said that as a result of the arrival of a drone from Ukraine, the power supply was disrupted in the settlements of Sverdlikovo, Dar'ino and Nikolaevo-Dar'ino in the Sudzhansky district. While there is no electricity, repairs will begin as soon as the situation allows.

https://www.fontanka.ru/2024/03/01/73285655/

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:02:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:27:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Look here! This is the Mavic 2 we bought together! Almost half of the donations are for AR 15
Glory to Ukraine and the entire civilized world!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:58:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Claimed to be the only surviving and captured Marine of the 73rd Special Operations Center

https://t.me/supernova_plus/28774

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#23]
FighterBomber’s opinion on A-50s.

​Rostec intends to restore the previous production of A-50 long-range radar detection and control aircraft (AWACS), since the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation have a need for it. This was stated by the head of the state corporation Sergei Chemezov, writes TASS.

After two tragedies in a row, the fleet of combat-ready A-50s in the Aerospace Forces was greatly reduced. This is to put it mildly.
Whatever one may say, the blame for the loss of the A-50 only indirectly lies with the Ukrainians, because as I have written many times, the RLDNiU aircraft is an extremely important and extremely complex and very fat target. This is not just a flying locator. This is a flying command post that sees and knows everything itself.
But of course, with its proper use. If you put it over Kiev so that they can see how the Poles are doing there, or suddenly shoot it down with your fighters, or the air defense that is supposed to protect it, then of course it will not live long.

Even if its detection range characteristics suddenly/suddenly/completely unexpectedly turn out to be insufficient and greatly overestimated, this is still not a reason to place it within the range of enemy air defense systems. Even if you have not about zero such planes and crews, but a hundred.

Therefore, it is clear that at an emergency pace we will now restore the entire iron series of the A-50, and accelerate the adoption of the A-100. And of course, make new A-50s, most likely from the existing Il-76 fleet to begin with.

Moreover, all these new machines are meaningless if they are also easily and naturally lost as a result of mistakes, miscalculations, incompetence and underestimations.

I’m almost sure that the crests have long been using missiles with a passive guidance system, which fly at the radiation source and do not need target illumination either from the ground or from the air, and it is not necessarily aimed at the sights and locators of airplanes and helicopters. They can be aimed at a jamming station, a radio altimeter, DISS, radio communications, or all of this at the same time with a bonus in the form of active guidance at the final stage of missile guidance, when the missile itself searches for the target using its own means.
And this is already far beyond 160 km.

When planning work, we must start from the worst options for us and everything will definitely work out for us.

https://t.me/fighter_bomber/15859

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#24]

The Maryino area turned into a real fortress in the morning. Dozens of paddy wagons, road service and utility vehicles have been pulled up to the Temple of the Icon of the Mother of God “Quench My Sorrows,” where today the farewell ceremony for Alexei Navalny will take place. All entrances are controlled by traffic police crews. The streets are patrolled by security forces of all stripes.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/46199

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:10:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#25]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:28:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#26]
Tetyana Moskalkova, Commissioner for Human Rights of the Russian Federation, said that Moscow is ready to hand over the bodies of Ukrainian prisoners who allegedly died when an Il-76 plane crashed near Bilhorod, Ukrainian Ombudsman Dmytro Lubinets reports.

"Regarding the bodies, I immediately informed that we have confirmation and all the DNA, which, according to the conclusion of the examination, makes it possible to identify the person," she added.

Dmytro Lubinets, in his turn, stated that Russia still has not handed over the official lists, has not confirmed the fact of the deaths of the prisoners, and has not allowed international organizations to the crash site of the IL-76.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-putin-sky-news-blog-live-12541713?postid=7309860#liveblog-body

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#27]
💥 Again. Plane. Between Mariupol and Volnovakha.
Ours report that they just saw a fall similar to the previous one.
The details are clarified by the morgue, as well as the place of the fall. We are waiting for footage of objective control and whining of the Fightbomber.
Rusnia, did you eat?

P.S. the option with a large UAV is theoretically also possible, but enemy air defense was not recorded. Therefore... 🤞

https://t.me/andriyshTime/18870

🔥Su-35 shot down over the so-called Mariupol.
We are waiting for official information

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/80060

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I will just say that Javelin seekers have pattern and shape recognition of the target, and it aims for the center point mostly.  You aren't going to fool it by creating hot spots or other heat sources around your tank.

View Quote

I'm not sure about BONUS, but SMART has a pattern and shape recognition that indentifies the targets, priorizes the most valuable target and defines the point of impact depending on the exact type of target.

I saw a video of a SMART hitting a T-72 that was parked between BMPs, trucks and cars.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By vahog:
The Q-Ship idea would be a lot more workable if there was more distance between Nork ports and Vladivostok. There is just not much space and time and the retaliation would be swift. You get one shot.
View Quote

Why not knock out the rail connection between Vladivostok and the rest of the USSR?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Yup. They cant suffer over 400K casualties KIA and WIA not to mention a large part of their vehicles, aircraft and back out now. The war has taken on a life of it's own now and they will keep pounding away until they cannot. Then they will try to buy time with bullshit negotiations.
View Quote

This is known as the “sunk cost” fallacy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#32]
These get progressively more hilarious.

As the Cheka-OGPU found out, in accordance with the decision of the Basmanny District Court of Moscow, the arrest of the deputy head of Roscosmos Oleg Frolov was extended until May 19, 2024. He is accused of large-scale theft.

Based on the indirect evidence given in the court ruling, it can be understood that this is a project for the creation (construction) of the “Barocomplex”. This project was created at PJSC Elektromekhanika (Rzhev, Tver region) and upon completion in February 2020 was sent to Krasnoyarsk, apparently to the JSC Krasmash plant, where Sarmat missiles are also produced. Deputy General Director of Roscosmos State Corporation Frolov was responsible for the implementation of the weapons program, including the creation of Sarmat. And now it’s clear that something went wrong in the creation of “Sarmat”..... One is confident that it’s not a matter of stolen money (during the creation of building No. 13 at the VNIIEM JSC enterprise), but a matter of responsibility for the implementation (fulfillment) of its main functions by Frolov.

Vladimir Putin in his message clarifies that the Sarmat missile system is being supplied to the troops, which is supposed to replace the Soviet nuclear shield “Voevoda”; it was produced in Dnepropetrovsk (Dnepr) or, as it is often called, “Satan”. So, sources of the Cheka-OGPU say that today the Krasnoyarsk Machine-Building Plant is experiencing a serious shortage of electronic components (electronic component base) for the production of strategic missiles. The electronics of the new RS 28 (Sarmat) missile system are largely of foreign origin and, due to sanctions, are experiencing a serious shortage. Now all efforts are being made to somehow correct the situation with the supply of sanctioned electronics, they are even sacrificing the production of S 400 air defense systems in Siberia, all for Sarmat. Also, many problems have not been solved; there have been a small number of successful test launches. Putting on combat duty in the fall of 23 is still a credit of trust; the missiles can be counted on one hand and it is unknown how they will behave during launches.

The Pantsir S1 anti-aircraft missile system that had an accident in Sochi was supposed to be on combat duty before the arrival of Russian President Putin at his Bocharov Ruchey residence. On March 2, a youth festival will start in Sochi, which will be held in Sirius, huge financial and information resources have been pulled together, Putin will have to attend a youth rally and speak to the guests.

Now the President's Security Council faces a dilemma: what to do? These complexes are about to be recalculated; such an accident will put them out of action for a long time, but replacement will probably have to be done elsewhere and expose the protection of the sky.

Such an accident of the Pantsir, according to sources of the Cheka-OGPU, is a typical and constant problem. Initially, the air defense system created in the USSR was supposed to be on the MAZ chassis, but due to the collapse of the Soviet Union, they could not find an alternative and installed it on the KamAZ, which was not designed for the given dimensions and weight, and this is the problem.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/46194

View Quote

lol.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#33]
FighterBomber’s opinion on A-50s.

​Rostec intends to restore the previous production of A-50 long-range radar detection and control aircraft (AWACS), since the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation have a need for it. This was stated by the head of the state corporation Sergei Chemezov, writes TASS.

After two tragedies in a row, the fleet of combat-ready A-50s in the Aerospace Forces was greatly reduced. This is to put it mildly.
Whatever one may say, the blame for the loss of the A-50 only indirectly lies with the Ukrainians, because as I have written many times, the RLDNiU aircraft is an extremely important and extremely complex and very fat target. This is not just a flying locator. This is a flying command post that sees and knows everything itself.
But of course, with its proper use. If you put it over Kiev so that they can see how the Poles are doing there, or suddenly shoot it down with your fighters, or the air defense that is supposed to protect it, then of course it will not live long.

Even if its detection range characteristics suddenly/suddenly/completely unexpectedly turn out to be insufficient and greatly overestimated, this is still not a reason to place it within the range of enemy air defense systems. Even if you have not about zero such planes and crews, but a hundred.

Therefore, it is clear that at an emergency pace we will now restore the entire iron series of the A-50, and accelerate the adoption of the A-100. And of course, make new A-50s, most likely from the existing Il-76 fleet to begin with.

Moreover, all these new machines are meaningless if they are also easily and naturally lost as a result of mistakes, miscalculations, incompetence and underestimations.

I’m almost sure that the crests have long been using missiles with a passive guidance system, which fly at the radiation source and do not need target illumination either from the ground or from the air, and it is not necessarily aimed at the sights and locators of airplanes and helicopters. They can be aimed at a jamming station, a radio altimeter, DISS, radio communications, or all of this at the same time with a bonus in the form of active guidance at the final stage of missile guidance, when the missile itself searches for the target using its own means.
And this is already far beyond 160 km.

When planning work, we must start from the worst options for us and everything will definitely work out for us.

https://t.me/fighter_bomber/15859

View Quote

Trying to get A-50's back in production is probably going to be harder than getting commercial grade export electronics for their new Sarmat ICBM.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

I'm not sure about BONUS, but SMART has a pattern and shape recognition that indentifies the targets, priorizes the most valuable target and defines the point of impact depending on the exact type of target.

I saw a video of a SMART hitting a T-72 that was parked between BMPs, trucks and cars.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

I will just say that Javelin seekers have pattern and shape recognition of the target, and it aims for the center point mostly.  You aren't going to fool it by creating hot spots or other heat sources around your tank.

Yes, you are correct about SMART and BONUS as well.  Those sensors can also tell if the vehicle has already been hit and if it is on fire, it goes for another target.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:30:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#36]
13 minutes ago.

40 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#40]

two Russians were wounded.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:38:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#41]
13 minutes ago.

40 minutes ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHlhDO3WgAAqVmE?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

🤔

Nope.

⚡️There was definitely an arrival at the base in Gvardeyskoye, but there is no light in the village, our subscribers report

https://t.me/Crimeanwind/54802

🔥The Crimean Wind monitoring group noted a fire south of the runway of Simferopol airport

Coordinates: 44.998, 33.992
Time - about 16.00

https://t.me/Crimeanwind/54804

So that’s north AND south of Simferopol.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#43]

🤔

View All Quotes
13 minutes ago.

40 minutes ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHlhDO3WgAAqVmE?format=jpg&name=small

🤔

If you keep poking out very expensive long range radar systems, you are going to eventually run out of radars and technicians that know how to use them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

I’m convinced they don’t want Russia defeated. The snotty drive by SMEs we’ve had in this thread alluded to being afraid of “second and third order effects” if their pet Russians are humiliated.what the administration wants is “balance” same goes for Israel vs Iran and militant Islam. No clear winner or loser just a balance of forces no matter how much carnage entails.
View Quote

I feel this is accurate. But also add some cowardice, arrogance, and lots of confused handwringing...
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#46]

At about 200 mph

View Quote

Yup. My favorite childhood movies are turning out to be documentaries
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Failed Russian assault out of Adviika.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#48]
5 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:51:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#49]
0820ET
🛸Crimea and the South carefully!
UAV raid from the Black Sea❗️

https://t.me/chp_sevastopol/28847

0823ET
🛸🛸🛸#nampishut

🚨3 UAVs flew over Evpatoria, towards Simferopol

https://t.me/chp_crimea/38488

0829ET
🛸A massive UAV attack is underway.
🚀Work continues on enemy UAVs

https://t.me/chp_sevastopol/28848

0832ET
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️Air raid all clear!

https://t.me/chp_crimea/38490

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Those F-16's can't get there soon enough.  These guys are forced to use nothing but old semi active radar homing missiles equivalent to our AIM-7 from Vietnam, and short range IR missiles.

F-16's with AIM-120's, even older export C models will be a huge leap for air to air.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5443 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top