Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5459 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Footage of the destruction of a HIMARS with ammunition cook off by a missile strike.

Looks like the Orcs got the first one.

View Quote

Yep, pretty convincing evidence for once.  Well, it ended with about a 5,000:1 KD ratio, so I guess it was worth it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Medvedev looks like a frigging Bond villain. I hope he shares the horrible fate of his Sith Lord  pootin
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Abakan:
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Those strike me as being minimalist goals, more than anything. They do 100% want Kyiv, as they view it as being a primordial Russian city, intrinsically linked to Russian civilization. Essentially, the only Ukrainian territory that Russian nationalists haven't laid claim to has been Galicia, which is viewed as being a center of Russophobia, fascism, Banderites, etc. Some Russian nationalists will even argue that Transcarpathia shouldn't belong to Ukraine, on the basis that 'Carpatho-Russians' inhabit that region.

Medvedev: In the case of the so-called Ukraine, or, more precisely, Little Russia, all our opponents need to firmly and forever understand a simple truth: the territories on both banks of the Dnieper are an integral part of Russia’s strategic historical borders. Therefore, all attempts to forcibly change them, to cut them off alive, are doomed.

But our enemies constantly insist that Russia’s main goal is to seize Ukrainian lands. I have just said what is different about the conflict around the so-called Ukraine. And two more comments. We are not trying to get our hands on the countless treasures of Square - wheat, steel, gas, coal. In fact, it turns out that these riches are now, unfortunately, almost absent.

But in general, in the current Bandera-era Ukraine, unfortunately, there is nothing special in terms of the economy that Russia, unlike, by the way, Western countries, does not possess itself, and in much larger quantities. They must understand this. In Ukraine, our main wealth is of a completely different kind. The great value that we will not give up to anyone for anything is people. People are close to us and, in fact, family.

https://t.me/dimsmirnov175/65842

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH1Ta8XXoAA2K8X?format=jpg&name=large
Medvedev and the map of Europe from a geography textbook in 2025.
https://t.me/dimsmirnov175/65843

Medvedev: One of the former leaders of Ukraine once said that Ukraine is not Russia. This concept must disappear forever. Ukraine is definitely Russia.
https://t.me/dimsmirnov175/65845
Video link:

Medvedev casually hinted at what was already clear: the published recording of the conversation between the German generals is only one of many available. And the rest are
much more interesting. And they published it precisely as a polite warning. So that the Germans do not run so energetically after the Washington boss.

https://t.me/dimsmirnov175/65851

Medvedev looks like a frigging Bond villain. I hope he shares the horrible fate of his Sith Lord  pootin

Russian propaganda can be clumsy, ludicrous, and subtle at the same time.  I think the fact he’s wearing a Chinese-inspired costume is part of the message.

It’s called a MAO suit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Do the Russians have javelins?
View Quote

Yes, in Summer 2022 they had enough to use them against Ukrainian armor.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
There is going to be a lot of hype about the Russian gains in the months ahead, but keep in mind this is their offensive and of course Ukraine gained a lot of territory back in early 2023 when Russia was going into its defensive posture.  So, I think it's important to put this stuff in context and that obviously there will be some gains by the Russians, perhaps even one large gain of territory.  However, it's one thing to take ground and another thing to hold it as Ukraine is discovering after its 2023 pick-ups.  

I have to say I'm impressed by the Azov Battalion's performance time and time again.  Say what you will about their political beliefs, but that's one Hell of an ground force.  

I think we may have seen the very first instance of CAS by the Russians (possibly SU-24s) though (I"ll go find the name of the town again where I think it occurred).  The Russians are definitely getting slightly better at combined arms and have fairly decent coordination, they're not being push overs right now at all.   The Russians are taking, as I think would be expected during an offensive, a fair number of loses.  It's a bit vague though what the actual kill ratio is looking like at this point.  

Interesting point, it appears that some UK and U.S. International Legion voluteers may have been taken prisoner.  If so, that's extremely unfortunate and I hope they are treated fairly under the Geneva Convention.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

Sure they probably captured some, but I mean enough to distribute to every combatant in the BSF not to mention their ground forces.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

They have a helo launched system comparable to hellfire, but not a man portable fire and forget system like javelin.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Sure they probably captured some, but I mean enough to distribute to every combatant in the BSF not to mention their ground forces.
View Quote

My question was more along the lines of a Javelin-type weapon, not the actual Javelin. Surely a sea drone gives off a thermal signature of some sort, backdropped against the ocean, which would, I assume, make a IR seeker very effective. I'm just kind of surprised they're still getting schwacked by these.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

They have a helo launched system comparable to hellfire, but not a man portable fire and forget system like javelin.
View Quote

The Kornet has a fire and forget upgrade.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Right, they don't have a system like Javelin, they have the original Javelin.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:19:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#10]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

View All Quotes

Riding on a beam controlled by an automated system of the launching vehicle.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

My BIL was in the Marines, and he told me they were trained to place a thermite grenade on the engine block of a vehicle they wanted to destroy in the field.

It is also rumored that Russia used a thermite grenade dropped from a drone to blow up an ammunition depot in Lithuania ? years ago.
View Quote

Same with me in Army 12B (Combat Engineer) school...put it on the engine block they said.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Holy shit, how have I never seen that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By easttxshooter:
Would something like a Javelin be effective on these sea drones? Or a drone dropped bomb/kamikaze? Seems like their detecting them sometimes, but machinegunning them.

Yes, but they don't have the capability or the number of smart weapons to use like that to defend their ships like we do.

Video using Hellfires.

lol, that ship had other options as well with the 57mm cannon if the boats get closer.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Yep, this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aikibiker:
Yigal Levin-

[snip]

8:57 . A Pentagon spokesman said the United States is not using F-35 fighter jets in Ukraine.

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/6552676

I believe them for once.  The F-35 can probably provide useful intel from Polish or Romanian airspace.  No need to fly them over Ukraine.

Yep, this.

You’re closer if you fly south of Crimea.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Nuland handed out cookies during Maidan square protests. She was instrumental in getting the mind control drugs inot the citizens so they could vote for the referendum to become an eu trading partner.
She was solely responsible for poroshenko's Yanokovych decision to ignore the referendum, and sign a deal with russia.
Then she hypnotized the Ukrainian population and forced them to throw out poroshenko Yanukovych.
She is a master strategist much like darth putin.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Not yet, but they will try to built a reverse engineered version. China and Iran might got some examples too.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

No it doesn’t. It has a laser guided missile that it connects to a new fire control system that includes an optical target tracking system to keep the crosshairs on the target. In theory I guess you could pull the trigger and run away but you have to leave the fire control system in the open.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Not yet, but they will try to built a reverse engineered version. China and Iran might got some examples too.

View All Quotes

China has HJ12 and Iran captured and reengineered Spike. When the first sidewinder was captured since it was all analog it was easy to copy. Javelin has a digital system, even if they copy the hardware they have to design the program from scratch. It was engineered to be captured.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Footage of the destruction of a HIMARS with ammunition cook off by a missile strike.

View Quote

Damn!!

Those missiles going off looked pissed!

Hopefully will be replaced by 2X more...
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

No it doesn’t. It has a laser guided missile that it connects to a new fire control system that includes an optical target tracking system to keep the crosshairs on the target. In theory I guess you could pull the trigger and run away but you have to leave the fire control system in the open.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

They tried to develop a real fire and forget version, 9M133B, but as far as I know the project was scrapped.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Only after distributing a few in the ME and blame Ukraine for selling them...
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

What's the cost of a Jav? Like $280K? For the Russians (and most armies) it would be much better to spend that on 1000 RPG's or 100 Kornets or whatever.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
There is going to be a lot of hype about the Russian gains in the months ahead, but keep in mind this is their offensive and of course Ukraine gained a lot of territory back in early 2023 when Russia was going into its defensive posture.  So, I think it's important to put this stuff in context and that obviously there will be some gains by the Russians, perhaps even one large gain of territory.  However, it's one thing to take ground and another thing to hold it as Ukraine is discovering after its 2023 pick-ups.  

I have to say I'm impressed by the Azov Battalion's performance time and time again.  Say what you will about their political beliefs, but that's one Hell of an ground force.  

I think we may have seen the very first instance of CAS by the Russians (possibly SU-24s) though (I"ll go find the name of the town again where I think it occurred).  The Russians are definitely getting slightly better at combined arms and have fairly decent coordination, they're not being push overs right now at all.   The Russians are taking, as I think would be expected during an offensive, a fair number of loses.  It's a bit vague though what the actual kill ratio is looking like at this point.  

Interesting point, it appears that some UK and U.S. International Legion voluteers may have been taken prisoner.  If so, that's extremely unfortunate and I hope they are treated fairly under the Geneva Convention.
View Quote

Yeah, the nerve of those guys wanting an independent Ukraine so badly they'd fight, kill, and die for it. Fuck that noise, right?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#23]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM8kZ2F8dcc

Russia going all in, new assessment from the Australian Colonel.

English subtitles available.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Damn!!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Damn!!

Yes.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

View Quote

I really don't see any scenario where Ukraine is going to make any meaningful gains at this point.   It would take a massive influx of Western ammo, and increase in well trained bodies.  A handful of F16 and Abrams isn't going to make a dramatic difference.  I think it is pretty obvious that Russia is all in at this point and will continue to stack bodies and vehicles to hold or gain territory.  

Even if Ukraine somehow does make some big gains, they are only gaining absolutely destroyed land that would not be of much use for a long time with all the uxo.  The summer offensive that only made moderate gains last year was the last chance to make any real progress.  We haven't seen Ukraine take nearly any new gains since then and are losing ground slowly, at what is an extremely high cost to the Russians.  Apparently those loses are acceptable to Russia and they are very far from running out of men and seem to have plenty of equipment.  Ukraine needed to be more bold in the offensive, and as Russia dug in deeper and deeper with massive minefields, the chances for real gains passed them by.  

Ukraine should be trying to solidify important resource rich land they are capable of holding along with major strategic areas, and do like Russia and mine the absolute shit out of everywhere else.  In the end, even with massive Western imput the chances of pre 2022 borders are looking very grim, and pre 2014 looking pretty much impossible.  I tip my hat to them for the effort they have put in and hope for the best, but I just don't see any option besides coming to a ceasefire with new borders.  NATO or mutual defense packs or Western bases pretty much immediately being established post ceasefire to stop further aggression, and give Ukraine and the rest of the NATO pussies some time to restock and rearm- although I don't think many outside of the Polands and Baltics of the world will be doing much of that.

There was a time on was all in to help Ukraine, F16s in mass and Abrams and longer range missiles.  I don't see any of those making a real difference if the goal is pre 2022 borders.   Sadly that ship has sailed (unlike the Russian Black Sea fleet which is mostly reefs).
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

https://thenationalpulse.com/2024/03/05/breaking-ukraine-war-architect-victoria-nuland-resigns/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH6viOLXgAAUGJv?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

The lengths to which you guys will go to deny Russia of its agency and blame this war on the US, all while claiming not to be pro-Russian, are legitimately stunning.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:40:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#30]

"In general, the pace has currently been lost . Assault activity continues, but each of us has taken our positions, we instantly react to the assault, we work as a single coordinated mechanism.

The decrease in aviation activity gives us an advantage in defense, when the positions are not destroyed by air defense systems, it is much easier to work.

Over the past four days, up to 10 KABs have fallen on our positions (a separate section, not the entire direction) - this is, firstly, and secondly, they are thrown indiscriminately. They became very cautious in the use of aviation."    
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#31]
BMP-3 disintegration.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#33]
NSFW.

It turned out that the enemy infantry was covered by an anti-drone group, which jammed the Mavic and unsuccessfully tried to shoot it down.

To counter our FPVs, the russians have begun to deploy anti-drone teams. One with a backpack containing REB [EW] + three shooters shooting down drones.

Previously, such groups traveled in Chinese golf carts (no joke) and protected their positions from drones. We burned their golf carts (we’ll publish a video later), so now they’re running around on foot.

Result. Minus 2 orкs, one of which burned along with the REB (EW) on his back," — the Strike Drones Company of the 47th Separate Mechanized Brigade "Magura"  
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#34]

Unfortunately, I spend a lot of time on Twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHwhoVKXIAABj3O?format=jpg&name=medium
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Hinkle pushes something called 'MAGA Communism' and has one of the most pro Russia skits in the English speaking sphere.

The whole thing might be a FBI/CIA honeypot operation but GD was enamored with it for a while.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/211087/Schermopname_5-3-2024_121620_www_google_-3149789.jpg

This character apparently had a big influence on some of our members.    I can’t name them of course, but I will be asking them directly.

The really weird thing is, it Does look like a CIA/FBI honeypot operation.  Designed to lure in and identify people who support America’s enemies.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

"That's the kind of code only an idiot would have on his luggage!"
View Quote

Haha, what movie was that from?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 3Florks:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3Florks:
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

"That's the kind of code only an idiot would have on his luggage!"

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

I really don't see any scenario where Ukraine is going to make any meaningful gains at this point.   It would take a massive influx of Western ammo, and increase in well trained bodies.  A handful of F16 and Abrams isn't going to make a dramatic difference.  I think it is pretty obvious that Russia is all in at this point and will continue to stack bodies and vehicles to hold or gain territory.  

Even if Ukraine somehow does make some big gains, they are only gaining absolutely destroyed land that would not be of much use for a long time with all the uxo.  The summer offensive that only made moderate gains last year was the last chance to make any real progress.  We haven't seen Ukraine take nearly any new gains since then and are losing ground slowly, at what is an extremely high cost to the Russians.  Apparently those loses are acceptable to Russia and they are very far from running out of men and seem to have plenty of equipment.  Ukraine needed to be more bold in the offensive, and as Russia dug in deeper and deeper with massive minefields, the chances for real gains passed them by.  

Ukraine should be trying to solidify important resource rich land they are capable of holding along with major strategic areas, and do like Russia and mine the absolute shit out of everywhere else.  In the end, even with massive Western imput the chances of pre 2022 borders are looking very grim, and pre 2014 looking pretty much impossible.  I tip my hat to them for the effort they have put in and hope for the best, but I just don't see any option besides coming to a ceasefire with new borders.  NATO or mutual defense packs or Western bases pretty much immediately being established post ceasefire to stop further aggression, and give Ukraine and the rest of the NATO pussies some time to restock and rearm- although I don't think many outside of the Polands and Baltics of the world will be doing much of that.

There was a time on was all in to help Ukraine, F16s in mass and Abrams and longer range missiles.  I don't see any of those making a real difference if the goal is pre 2022 borders.   Sadly that ship has sailed (unlike the Russian Black Sea fleet which is mostly reefs).
View Quote

Let's imagine for a second a situation in which the Ukrainian government and high command cedes Crimea, the Donbas, their entire access to the Sea of Azov, and much of their access to the Black Sea, in return for a promise of future NATO membership or Western security guarantees. Let's ignore the fact that when asked about proposals like this, Zelensky said that no one in the west has seriously proposed anything like this to Ukraine. Let's ignore just how difficult this would be from a legislative/constitutional perspective, let alone all of the other problems that it would entail.

I've yet to see someone articulate how Ukraine trading land for Western security guarantees would work in actuality. NATO has a very clear membership process, and, even if it was abbreviated, it would still necessitate a universal consensus of all member states and a relatively long procedure. It might take years if certain states opt towards vetoing it, either out of collusion with Russia or intimidation by Russia. Orban's Hungary certainly comes to mind. So, it would essentially be a promise and nothing else for a future possibility. Meanwhile, Ukraine would be forced to capitulate immediately. Now, there can be no doubt that Russia's ultimate goal in this war is the destruction of the Ukrainian state and the destruction of Ukrainian identity as it exists beyond that of 'Little Russians.' Russia just has to continue to attack and the process of Ukraine receiving Western security guarantees would be frozen, effectively forever. Even the very idea of Ukraine in NATO or Western troops in Ukraine beyond advisory/technical roles raises the chances of escalation to war with Russia, something much of the west is deathly afraid of. Combine this with the slowdown of the actual ascension process, and it's easy to see how the whole thing can be scrapped, even if Ukraine is forced to surrender much of its territory to Russia.

Additionally, why would Russia accept anything like that? First of all, we have to be clear here: Russia does not believe Ukraine and Ukrainians to exist. In their minds, they're fighting for what is rightfully a Russian province. If you took Wolkonsky, Deniken, etc. and put them into a time machine, they'd feel right at home in modern Russia, in terms of attitudes towards Ukrainians and Belarusians. Russia will never, under any circumstances, ever, negotiate with Ukraine in good faith. A predator doesn't negotiate with its victims, only with other predators for the conditions of how the kill is shared. And, the only true alpha predator that the Russians view as being on their level is the US, not anyone in Europe.

Even beyond that, Russia has made it clear that they're not going to accept anything that doesn't entail the full dismemberment of Ukraine, international recognition for the annexed territories, complete demilitarization, and destruction of Ukrainian governmental structures. Those are the bare minimum conditions that the Russians would be willing to accept. Their maximalist goals would entail the de-facto disbanding of NATO and the disempowering of Europe, as can be seen in the ultimatum delivered to the US in November 2022. The only thing that can be temporarily limited is whether the victim to be consumed is Europe, a part of Europe, or just Ukraine, as the Russians will never abandon these maximalist goals.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]

Article is $53.

I don't think it will age well, the US already is making AI wingman to fly with F-35's
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#40]
⚠️Currently recorded UAVs:
▪️Poltavshchyna → Myrhorod.
▪️Kharkivshchyna → Poltavashchyna.
▪️Khersonshchyna → Mykolaivshchyna.
▪️Odeschyna → Vinnytsia.
▪️Black Sea→Odesa.
The direction may change.
Odesa, Myrhorod - under cover!

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/80460

💥 Odesa - air defense is working
https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/80461

💥 Odesa - powerful explosions
https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/80462

💥Odesa - UAV attack continues. There are still UAVs from the sea. Stay in shelters.
https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/80465

In Odessa there are explosions every minute again. Drone attack.
https://twitter.com/alexko1901/status/1765124798449877449
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

This character apparently had a big influence on some of our members.    I can’t name them of course, but I will be asking them directly.

The really weird thing is, it Does look like a CIA/FBI honeypot operation.  Designed to lure in and identify people who support America’s enemies.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Hinkle pushes something called 'MAGA Communism' and has one of the most pro Russia skits in the English speaking sphere.

The whole thing might be a FBI/CIA honeypot operation but GD was enamored with it for a while.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/211087/Schermopname_5-3-2024_121620_www_google_-3149789.jpg

I have no idea what to make of it. The logic is exactly the same as the logic employed by Putin and his cronies. In order to defend our sovereignty, we must invade Ukraine/support authoritarianism. I don't really understand the thinking at all.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#42]
As to the comment about the Russian ship turning into a submarine.  Another 52 crew members were probably evacuated. That's not exactly inspiring.  Maybe they made it out, Maybe they didn't.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By easttxshooter:
Would something like a Javelin be effective on these sea drones? Or a drone dropped bomb/kamikaze? Seems like their detecting them sometimes, but machinegunning them.

Yes, but they don't have the capability or the number of smart weapons to use like that to defend their ships like we do.

Video using Hellfires.

It is like a giant Pez dispenser of death.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Tangentially related to this conflict, it turns out that pro-Palestinian people made a site for users to mass produce AI powered brigading on Twitter and Reddit. You can look at it here. Now, I'm kind of a Luddite (in spite of essentially being Gen Z), but I imagine that this sort of stuff has to be everywhere. The narratives we see about Nazis, Nuland, biolabs, genocide of Russian speakers, the various attempts at Zelensky character assassination, etc. most certainly haven't been organic, at least in many cases. This sort of stuff will probably be off the walls once China goes hot in the South China Sea.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartan0536] [#45]
Congratulations Russia, you finally managed to kill your first HIMARS, with more on the way and still 17 others in operation. I am really impressed with HIMARS, when it first debuted I thought it was just a watered down M270, but the idea of "high speed, low drag" warfare seems to be the correct path for the future of combat.

That HIMAR's launcher has likely destroyed countless crucial pieces of Russian equipment before it's destruction.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH6d4pUXYAAzdx4?format=png&name=900x900

Article is $53.

I don't think it will age well, the US already is making AI wingman to fly with F-35's
View Quote

If I am going to go after a trench line offensively, I would rather have a bunch of drones keeping the machine gunner in the trench busy than him waiting on me to get there. Same with the rest there defending.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
As to the comment about the Russian ship turning into a submarine.  Another 52 crew members were probably evacuated. That's not exactly inspiring.  Maybe they made it out, Maybe they didn't.
View Quote

Check every sinking. They rescued every crew, until they didn't.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
View Quote

I dunno. They kinda say that type of thing about every major event.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Tangentially related to this conflict, it turns out that pro-Palestinian people made a site for users to mass produce AI powered brigading on Twitter and Reddit. You can look at it here. Now, I'm kind of a Luddite (in spite of essentially being Gen Z), but I imagine that this sort of stuff has to be everywhere. The narratives we see about Nazis, Nuland, biolabs, genocide of Russian speakers, the various attempts at Zelensky character assassination, etc. most certainly haven't been organic, at least in many cases. This sort of stuff will probably be off the walls once China goes hot in the South China Sea.
View Quote

I have noticed this as well, and agree.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5459 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top