Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5460 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]

rendering assault groups defenceless against Ukrainian fire.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Article is $53.

I don't think it will age well, the US already is making AI wingman to fly with F-35's
View Quote

$53? I should write articles.

And if Godzilla gets a stroke because of my bad English, Kim finally can stop shooting rockets into the ocean.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

And if Godzilla gets a stroke because of my bad English, Kim finally can stop shooting rockets into the ocean.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Article is $53.

I don't think it will age well, the US already is making AI wingman to fly with F-35's

lol, I think your English is just fine.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the deal with this Uke negotiator ?

https://twitter.com/Glenn_Diesen/status/1740266605739958359?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1740266605739958359%7Ctwgr%5E782a9bd4c4830f06a36edd4079a8aedc303846fb%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thehulltruth.com%2Fdockside-chat%2F1274258-official-ukraine-russia-war-thread-wagner-leaving-bakmut-117.html
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Interesting look at an incendiary grenade due to a missed drop.
View Quote

Horseshoes, hand grenades, nuclear weapons, and Ukrainian incendiary devices
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

You’re closer if you fly south of Crimea.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aikibiker:
Yigal Levin-

[snip]

8:57 . A Pentagon spokesman said the United States is not using F-35 fighter jets in Ukraine.

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/6552676

I believe them for once.  The F-35 can probably provide useful intel from Polish or Romanian airspace.  No need to fly them over Ukraine.

Yep, this.

They’re not going anywhere that the Russians could get a better look at them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:01:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#7]
Originally Posted By blueballs:

https://twitter.com/Glenn_Diesen/status/1740266605739958359?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1740266605739958359%7Ctwgr%5E782a9bd4c4830f06a36edd4079a8aedc303846fb%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thehulltruth.com%2Fdockside-chat%2F1274258-official-ukraine-russia-war-thread-wagner-leaving-bakmut-117.html
View Quote

Was that the one where Ukraine agreed to be demilitarized and neutral, and the guarantor states had to all agree on any response to future aggression by any of them? 'Cause that was some real BS surrender terms. Also, that was around the time the news broke of Bucha. You're not going to get much support for surrender with that in the background.

The speaker in the video does not say that it was sabotaged, he says "for some reason" without specifying. He goes on to say that NATO membership is a likely future.

Full video.
Breaking the Stalemate to Find Peace: The Russia-Ukraine War – A Geneva Security Debate
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Temper tantrum ongoing with Shaheds. These are the only ones that really creep me out. Too much time to listen and think about if it's coming your way when you hear them. At least the cruise missiles are fast. A few weeks ago we heard the sonic booms as three flew directly overhead.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

"If you run, you will only die tired."
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:49:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#10]

BMP missing some vital parts. These things are death traps.

Bradley near miss.

(videos)

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Spartan0536:
Congratulations Russia, you finally managed to kill your first HIMARS, with more on the way and still 17 others in operation. I am really impressed with HIMARS, when it first debuted I thought it was just a watered down M270, but the idea of "high speed, low drag" warfare seems to be the correct path for the future of combat.

That HIMAR's launcher has likely destroyed countless crucial pieces of Russian equipment before it's destruction.
View Quote

Yack, yack, yack.

Yep, the exchange ratio is most assuredly in the Ukrainian's favor by a long shot.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Temper tantrum ongoing with Shaheds. These are the only ones that really creep me out. Too much time to listen and think about if it's coming your way when you hear them. At least the cruise missiles are fast. A few weeks ago we heard the sonic booms as three flew directly overhead.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_20240306-010626_2_png-3150370.JPG
View Quote

Prayers to you and Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#13]

BMP missing some vital parts. These things are death traps.

Bradley near miss.

(videos)

View Quote

That’s actually a good look at what happens to the crew compartment from a mine explosion, though it also could’ve been a double- or triple-stacked mine.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

One of the questions I think is interesting is whether it is more effective to inflict broad but shallow casualties, or better to focus resources and wipe units out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I'm curious of the fusing for those RPG-type ordinance carried by the drones. Typical piezoelectric? Is that enough to trigger it if hitting soft dirt or a human? Obviously they have a solution that works.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#16]

https://twitter.com/Glenn_Diesen/status/1740266605739958359
View Quote

Here's the video of the talk in question, I have not watched it yet.
Breaking the Stalemate to Find Peace: The Russia-Ukraine War – A Geneva Security Debate

Watch it to see if that's misrepresented, because the guy who posted that interpretation of what the Ambassador said also posted these on Twitter-

The new catchphrase in the media is Russia's "full-scale invasion" of Ukraine two years ago. How correct is this narrative?
- Two years ago, Newsweek reported that Russia bombed Ukraine less in the first month of the war than the US did on its first day of invading Iraq. Rather than a "full-scale" invasion, experts concluded that Russia was "holding back" https://newsweek.com/putins-bombers-could-devastate-ukraine-hes-holding-back-heres-why-1690494
- Russia's restraints were intended to make it easier to reach a peace agreement. Moscow contacted Kiev on the first day after the invasion (https://president.gov.ua/en/news/zvernennya-prezidenta-do-ukrayinciv-naprikinci-pershogo-dnya-73149) with a proposal for peace negotiations based on Ukraine's neutrality, and on the third day after the invasion (https://nypost.com/2022/02/27/ukraine-and-russia-to-meet-for-peace-talks-without-preconditions-zelensky-says/) Kiev and Moscow agreed to start these peace negotiations
- After the US & UK sabotaged the peace negotiations, it became a winner-takes-all war of attrition in which the level of destruction and suffering has increased immensely
- The "full-scale invasion" phrase is important for the war narrative as it hides the reality that the initial intention of the war was to pressure Ukraine to accept neutrality and not conquer the entire country

Smells of vatnik-academic like Mearsheimer, but I don't know.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Check every sinking. They rescued every crew, until they didn't.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Originally Posted By voodochild:
As to the comment about the Russian ship turning into a submarine.  Another 52 crew members were probably evacuated. That's not exactly inspiring.  Maybe they made it out, Maybe they didn't.

Check every sinking. They rescued every crew, until they didn't.

I actually did a search for follow-up reporting on the Ivanovets sinking and the Caesar Kunilov sinking, and there is no reporting.  No stories about families looking for relatives, no stories about survivors, at least not that appear in english-language media.
In both cases Ukraine released statements to the effect of “rescue efforts failed.”
Russia then released statements that were effectively “there were few/no casualties and almost everyone is safe.”
I’ve read a lot of naval history, and it’s my observation that when shit goes sideways on a ship, people die, even in the best of circumstances.  And both instances have the equivalent of 4-5 500# bomb hits on smallish vessels.
I’ll grant that in the Sergei Kotov sinking, there is at least a good probability of a large percentage surviving.  It was close to shore and close to other vessels in a high-traffic area.
Ivanovets and Kunikov were not in a trafficked area and there were no other ships around, as far as we know.  I think these will eventually be revealed to be much worse than represented.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ike838:

It is like a giant Pez dispenser of death.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ike838:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By easttxshooter:
Would something like a Javelin be effective on these sea drones? Or a drone dropped bomb/kamikaze? Seems like their detecting them sometimes, but machinegunning them.

Yes, but they don't have the capability or the number of smart weapons to use like that to defend their ships like we do.

Video using Hellfires.

Holy shit, how have I never seen that?

It is like a giant Pez dispenser of death.

Saturn Missile 25 Shot Battery- firework
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Let's imagine for a second a situation in which the Ukrainian government and high command cedes Crimea, the Donbas, their entire access to the Sea of Azov, and much of their access to the Black Sea, in return for a promise of future NATO membership or Western security guarantees. Let's ignore the fact that when asked about proposals like this, Zelensky said that no one in the west has seriously proposed anything like this to Ukraine. Let's ignore just how difficult this would be from a legislative/constitutional perspective, let alone all of the other problems that it would entail.

I've yet to see someone articulate how Ukraine trading land for Western security guarantees would work in actuality. NATO has a very clear membership process, and, even if it was abbreviated, it would still necessitate a universal consensus of all member states and a relatively long procedure. It might take years if certain states opt towards vetoing it, either out of collusion with Russia or intimidation by Russia. Orban's Hungary certainly comes to mind. So, it would essentially be a promise and nothing else for a future possibility. Meanwhile, Ukraine would be forced to capitulate immediately. Now, there can be no doubt that Russia's ultimate goal in this war is the destruction of the Ukrainian state and the destruction of Ukrainian identity as it exists beyond that of 'Little Russians.' Russia just has to continue to attack and the process of Ukraine receiving Western security guarantees would be frozen, effectively forever. Even the very idea of Ukraine in NATO or Western troops in Ukraine beyond advisory/technical roles raises the chances of escalation to war with Russia, something much of the west is deathly afraid of. Combine this with the slowdown of the actual ascension process, and it's easy to see how the whole thing can be scrapped, even if Ukraine is forced to surrender much of its territory to Russia.

Additionally, why would Russia accept anything like that? First of all, we have to be clear here: Russia does not believe Ukraine and Ukrainians to exist. In their minds, they're fighting for what is rightfully a Russian province. If you took Wolkonsky, Deniken, etc. and put them into a time machine, they'd feel right at home in modern Russia, in terms of attitudes towards Ukrainians and Belarusians. Russia will never, under any circumstances, ever, negotiate with Ukraine in good faith. A predator doesn't negotiate with its victims, only with other predators for the conditions of how the kill is shared. And, the only true alpha predator that the Russians view as being on their level is the US, not anyone in Europe.

Even beyond that, Russia has made it clear that they're not going to accept anything that doesn't entail the full dismemberment of Ukraine, international recognition for the annexed territories, complete demilitarization, and destruction of Ukrainian governmental structures. Those are the bare minimum conditions that the Russians would be willing to accept. Their maximalist goals would entail the de-facto disbanding of NATO and the disempowering of Europe, as can be seen in the ultimatum delivered to the US in November 2022. The only thing that can be temporarily limited is whether the victim to be consumed is Europe, a part of Europe, or just Ukraine, as the Russians will never abandon these maximalist goals.
View Quote

Good assessment. Lets not forget that some blame "NATO expansion" for this war that "forced Putin" into "defending" Russia. It's total bullshit but how do they square that peg by now offering membership in exchange for peace?

With a very uncertain NATO membership, Ukraine would have to be fully militarized and able to defend themselves (nukes?) without NATO before agreeing to anything. AND if NATO fails to truly save Ukraine now, either because they are too lazy, corrupt, or inept to maintain a credible military, or they are too timid, compromised, conflicted, etc (Germany) then how strong will they come to the rescue if/when Ukraine is attacked again in the future? More "little green Russian men" claiming to be rescuing ethnic Russians and the weak-kneed Euro-weenies will again try to stick their heads in the sand.

Maybe Ukraine should bring up the possibility of trading a land corridor to the Polish border to the Russians in exchange for peace and see what Germany says to that.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#20]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH6d4pUXYAAzdx4?format=png&name=900x900

Article is $53.

View Quote

Yeah, I'm not sure about this...drones seem to favor the defenders because the defenders (Ukraine) are better at developing more nimble and effective drones .vs the very top-down inflexible Russian designs. But this can change quickly. The drone tech is changing so fast it's probably way too early to make generalizations. Like condemning the "tank" in 1917...
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Yeah, I'm not sure about this...drones seem to favor the defenders because the defenders (Ukraine) are better at developing more nimble and effective drones .vs the very top-down inflexible Russian designs. But this can change quickly. The drone tech is changing so fast it's probably way too early to make generalizations. Like condemning the "tank" in 1917...
View Quote

I can see that a world of small drones favors the defenders because the attackers have to move across terrain to attack vs the defenders having better protection.  However, there are many other factors at play so saying that is very conditional.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#22]

One of the questions I think is interesting is whether it is more effective to inflict broad but shallow casualties, or better to focus resources and wipe units out.
View Quote

Good question. I have argued (lightly) that too much emphasis is placed on utterly destroying individual enemy soldiers. Guys that appear wounded and unarmed are relentlessly attacked until they catch fire or change shape. I think it would be much better to wound 30 guys than blow 5 into little pieces.

But, as brought up previously, those FPV drones are a use once or lose it operation. So, if my drone has 1 minute of juice remaining, do I want to fly around looking for unmolested vatniks hiding and risk losing the drone fruitlessly or keep hitting that poor slob crawling around which is a sure thing? It really sucks to be the wounded guy crawling around...
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#23]

She was in a group of ships, this is synthetic aperature radar imagery.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#24]

I can see that a world of small drones favors the defenders because the attackers have to move across terrain to attack vs the defenders having better protection.  However, there are many other factors at play so saying that is very conditional.
View Quote

Attackers are always more exposed. One reason a 3:1 ration is minimum. Look at the horrible losses for attackers on both sides. The UA boat landing that got ambushed and the RU BTR .vs Bradley slaughter are just some examples.  But (I believe it was Capta that commented on this long ago) that attacks coordinating aggressive infantry with drones (observation and FPV attack) are very formidable. Drones are basically like local air support that you dont even have to call and coordinate because they see you and the enemy in detail. The defender can try to shoot the attacking infantry and get a drone in the face or hide and wait for infantry lobbed grenades. Not good options. I think the problem is moving the drone operators up along with the attackers unless the no-man's land is very short and assaulting infantry dont have to travel far from the drone operators. But this is rare as we are seeing attackers crossing miles and miles of fields, usually under drone observation, arty, then FPV attacks. Effective EW will rule the battlefield.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#25]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH8r0QpaYAAoLLw?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH8sClzbgAA446Q?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Been waiting on this.

There were also reports of "UAV debris" incidents in Feodosia, 60 miles to the west.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#26]

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aikibiker:
Yigal Levin-

[snip]

8:57 . A Pentagon spokesman said the United States is not using F-35 fighter jets in Ukraine.

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/6552676

They’ve flown around Russians for years.
I believe them for once.  The F-35 can probably provide useful intel from Polish or Romanian airspace.  No need to fly them over Ukraine.

Yep, this.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:10:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#28]
ISW assessment for March 5th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-march-5-2024

Please be advised: An expert analyst called our attention to the fact that we have not been using the doctrinal expression “Close Air Support” (CAS) in connection with Russian air operations around Avdiivka accurately. The analyst rightly pointed out that CAS requires close coordination with the maneuvering ground units, which ISW has not observed and does not assess has occurred. We used the expression (incorrectly) because the glide-bomb attacks were clearly meant to shape and support tactical actions, which is one of the purposes of CAS. But Russian air operations around Avdiivka were not properly CAS, and we were mistaken to use that expression. ISW apologizes for this mistake.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#29]

https://twitter.com/Glenn_Diesen/status/1740266605739958359
View Quote

His part starts at about 24:30.
The context for what he says starts around 27:00.
At 29:00 he says "this is my personal view...Putin, in one week after (starting) his aggression in 24 February that year understood that he (made a) mistake, and did everything possible to conclude an agreement with Ukraine".

This is obviously not true, since his troops remained on Ukrainian soil. He likely means, Putin did everything he could diplomatically, because domestically he couldn't afford to walk back the invasion. He'd already stirred up the nationalists to support the invasion.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Good question. I have argued (lightly) that too much emphasis is placed on utterly destroying individual enemy soldiers. Guys that appear wounded and unarmed are relentlessly attacked until they catch fire or change shape. I think it would be much better to wound 30 guys than blow 5 into little pieces.

But, as brought up previously, those FPV drones are a use once or lose it operation. So, if my drone has 1 minute of juice remaining, do I want to fly around looking for unmolested vatniks hiding and risk losing the drone fruitlessly or keep hitting that poor slob crawling around which is a sure thing? It really sucks to be the wounded guy crawling around...
View All Quotes

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Is there any reason not to attack the vessel apparently doing salvage work at the site of the Sergei Kotov sinking?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Article is $53.

View Quote

Not to mention the asymmetric possibilities. What happens the first time a drone swarm costing $100,000 total descends on a flightline of F-35s costing $10,000,000,000?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By darkd0r:
Is there any reason not to attack the vessel apparently doing salvage work at the site of the Sergei Kotov sinking?
View Quote

Not for a military with plenty of resources.
I suspect it's high risk low reward for Ukraine.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By darkd0r:
View Quote

It does seem like a wonderful spot for an artificial reef.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Not for a military with plenty of resources.
I suspect it's high risk low reward for Ukraine.

View Quote

Was going to post this. Save them for boats that shoot back. Or bridge supports.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Slava Ukraini, Heroyam Slava
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#37]

The wounded are brought not only in the evening. And in the afternoon, in the morning, and even at night. Regardless of the time of day. The only thing that can interfere is rain. Drones don't fly in the rain, so they shoot less.

But about history.

Here on the table "for heavy" lies a guy. Today was his first fight. He broke into Russian trenches with a machine gun and shot 3 Russians. And I got a burst from a Russian machine gunner. But he will live.

Again, the "heavy table". Young guy, just over 20 years old. He held a position near the liberated village. Art shelling. Severe injuries, semi-consciousness. We do everything possible, and it is evacuated further. Everyone hopes for the best. In a week, he will die from his injuries in 5 hospitals.

Or there's a guy lying there. He talks, he's in a good mood, everything is fine. You can say euphoria. He is the only survivor of being hit in the dugout.
The guy again. It's not the first time I've seen him. We came in the first days of the war. He's got more bruises than my fingers. He doesn't talk much. And he's not even 25.

The guy again. And another concussion. Black, dirty, covered in Earth. Lies and is silent. It was dug up for more than 2 hours after the shell hit the dugout. The only thing he said was that a piece of timber stopped 2 cm from his chest. The second birthday can be said.

And next to it on the other 2 tables are its brothers. Those who dug it up. While they were being rescued, there was more shelling and concussions. But they pulled it out.

Again, the "heavy" table. The man got off the trail and was blown up by a mine. And a medic took him out of the front line. His wife.
Husband, I don't remember his name, but in 2 weeks already in the 3rd concussion. He can't hear anything anymore.

And the smell. You have no idea what the guys from the trenches smell like. This smell is impossible to describe or forget. And even more so, to confuse it with something.
And there is no pleasure, pain or resentment on the faces of the guys. Only fatigue. The desire to drink. Sleep. Smoking.

Those who write or speak, we believe in the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
You have no idea what it's like to be a Ukrainian soldier.

There will definitely be a victory. But not soon.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#38]

His part starts at about 24:30.
The context for what he says starts around 27:00.
At 29:00 he says "this is my personal view...Putin, in one week after (starting) his aggression in 24 February that year understood that he (made a) mistake, and did everything possible to conclude an agreement with Ukraine".

This is obviously not true, since his troops remained on Ukrainian soil. He likely means, Putin did everything he could diplomatically, because domestically he couldn't afford to walk back the invasion. He'd already stirred up the nationalists to support the invasion.

View Quote

I think he means that the primary Russian Op failed. To take Kyiv in a "lightning" combined air and ground assault. Taking Kyiv in a couple of days or weeks, capturing or killing Z and most of his Admin, forcing the bulk of the UA Army fighting in the East to surrender. Installing their hand-picked "President" who would sign some ridiculous "peace" deal basically turning Ukraine into Belarus. It looked fabulous on paper but by week 2 of the Op it was obvious that none of it would work. Instead of taking advantage of a leaderless Ukraine lost in chaos, they ended up with a rabidly anti-Russian, defiant, militarized, and mobilizing Ukraine. Not to mention the West sending in enough arms to keep Ukraine fighting for months.  

Had Z fled and Ukraine signed some shitty "peace-deal" at that point of the war Putin would look like a genius and it would have saved 400K Russians along with their equipment and the BSF which would now be basking in glory and eagerly jerking off to round II involving Moldova.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#39]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH7Lw1cbwAAmzK9?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH75LCAWcAAJV1y?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH8fOCVXEAAJXLV?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH8e-UWWwAESPB_?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

RIP. I am curious about how and when they died. Which battle?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#40]

I'm curious of the fusing for those RPG-type ordinance carried by the drones. Typical piezoelectric? Is that enough to trigger it if hitting soft dirt or a human? Obviously they have a solution that works.
View All Quotes

I have heard of RPG rounds detonating when dropped onto an uncapped fuse (the "safety" is a screw on cap over the fuse) during the GWOT.  Apparently coalition troops working with Afghanis would have to constantly check their RPG gunners when on patrol since they would fiddle fuck the rounds and rakecthe caps off constantly.  So yeah an FPV can probably get up the speed needed to make them go boom when impacting a human.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#41]
RIP. I am curious about how and when they died. Which battle?
View Quote

Tough to say, they're likely attached to different units in different places.
I'm not sure these even just happened or if this Twitter account is paying homage retroactively.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#42]

things I have learned from this post:

1.) Hentai could resolve the war peacefully
2.) no more brothers war
3.) a lot of commie scum adore anime patches

When the inevitable Great War breaks out, it will be my mission to liberate as many weeb patches as possible before some 15 year old with a Hi-Point bodies me and starts flossing over my corpse.

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#43]

Been waiting on this.

There were also reports of "UAV debris" incidents in Feodosia, 60 miles to the west.

View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH8r0QpaYAAoLLw?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GH8sClzbgAA446Q?format=jpg&name=large

Been waiting on this.

Ah, using the vessels waiting to pass through Kerch to mask their approach and make them worry about shooting up cargo ships.  Smart play!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:57:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#44]

Not to mention the asymmetric possibilities. What happens the first time a drone swarm costing $100,000 total descends on a flightline of F-35s costing $10,000,000,000?
View All Quotes

Article is $53.

The Old Guard is trying hard to justify their expensive legacy programs. Drone swarms delivered by stealth cruise missiles or ballistic missile vehicles are the next evolution. This idea keeps me up at night.

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Poland to buy 1.5 billion Euros worth of Carl Gustafs from Sweden, as they latter prepares to join NATO. I absolutely adore the Carl Gustaf, and I think it's easily one of the best infantry weapons of the last century. For awhile, I've wanted to see it's air bursting round used in tandem with small unit ISR drones. I don't think we've seen any videos of that in Ukraine, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:26:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Poland to buy 1.5 billion Euros worth of Carl Gustafs from Sweden, as they latter prepares to join NATO. I absolutely adore the Carl Gustaf, and I think it's easily one of the best infantry weapons of the last century. For awhile, I've wanted to see it's air bursting round used in tandem with small unit ISR drones. I don't think we've seen any videos of that in Ukraine, unfortunately.
View Quote

Membership has its side benefits as well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#47]
🇷🇺🇺🇦 Chronicle of a special military operation
For March 5, 2024

Russian troops continue to strike targets in the so-called rear regions. Ukraine: in Odessa, kamikaze drones hit the location of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, as well as the port infrastructure. One of the central events of the day was the first well-documented destruction of the American M142 HIMARS MLRS north of Pokrovsk (Krasnoarmeysk).

In the Avdeevsky direction in the Berdychi area, the enemy, after transferring reinforcements, carries out counterattacks, forcing the Russian Armed Forces to withdraw from some positions. At the same time, in this area, Russian troops knocked out another American-made M1 Abrams tank.

In the Donetsk direction, the Russian Armed Forces are advancing on the southern outskirts of Krasnogorovka: after taking the forest belt south of the railway, they established a foothold on the outskirts of Vatutina and Lermontov streets. In the Pobeda area, the Russian Armed Forces advanced in forest belts to the west of the O0532 highway towards Georgievka.

On the night of March 5, the enemy carried out an attack with naval drones on the Crimean Bridge. During it, the patrol ship “Sergei Kotov” received several holes and sank near Feodosia.

https://t.me/rybar/57910

🔥 The number of published episodes of the use of “Lancets” has exceeded 1200!

According to updated statistics from colleagues from Lostarmour @lost_armour, by the evening of March 5, 2024, 1202 episodes of the use of Lancet loitering ammunition in the North Military District zone had been published. February of this year set a new record for the number of episodes entered into the database. Largely due to our and Rybar’s selections.

Of the 1202 targets, 371 were destroyed, and another 642 targets were damaged. The results of the other 94 hits could not be accurately determined. Unfortunately, 93 videos recorded errors.

Almost half of all episodes of combat use of Lancets occurred against various artillery: 266 self-propelled guns, 34 MLRS, 277 towed guns and mortars were hit. Other frequent targets: tanks (207 episodes), light armored vehicles (121 episodes), various radars (73 episodes) and air defense systems (58 episodes).

We remind you that only part of the footage of the use of “Lancets” ends up in the network and the actual combat score is much higher.

https://t.me/rybar/57907

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#48]

The lengths to which you guys will go to deny Russia of its agency and blame this war on the US, all while claiming not to be pro-Russian, are legitimately stunning.
View Quote
They are people who simply shouldnt be allowed to vote.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
Kill the logistics and intel/recon (kill officers and those running the supply points). Otherwise, territory is king.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:50:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#50]
Tough to see more Abrams losses especially knowing what Russia will do with its IO/media campaign when they get their hands on the hulks.

ETA: I hope this conflict is lighting a fire under the asses of stubborn general officers to put Active Protection Systems on every piece tank and IFV we have in inventory especially if it's on the frontline.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5460 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top