Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5470 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I think there was something bigger coming off the bow in the clip. Auto-cannon type. Who knows. I would not put it past the Russians to put something together for propaganda but some of that vid looks like a cluster-fuck with guys dropping rifles, running around, not to mention the big boom. It was like something from a sci-fi movie.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

I think almost everything we saw in that video was PKM fire.

I think there was something bigger coming off the bow in the clip. Auto-cannon type. Who knows. I would not put it past the Russians to put something together for propaganda but some of that vid looks like a cluster-fuck with guys dropping rifles, running around, not to mention the big boom. It was like something from a sci-fi movie.

Yeah I bet they cut the sound when they did because guys were screaming like bitches when the first drone hit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:33:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#2]
“Volunteer”

👍🏻 There is no language barrier!
A volunteer from the People's Republic of China communicates with the commander of the Pyatnashka International Brigade using an online translator.

In the future, mastering the Russian language, as a rule, occurs with geometric progression!

https://t.me/ttambyl/4545

A 30-year-old Hyderabad-based man died while fighting for Russia against Ukraine in the ongoing war.

The man, identified as Md. Afsan, was allegedly forced to join the Russian Army after falling prey to a job fraud.

Afsan, along with several others, was allegedly misled by deceptive agents who recruited them as 'helpers' to assist the Russian army in the war.

Meanwhile, CBI has started action against human trafficking. The agency is carrying out searches at more than 10 locations in 7 cities. A case has also been registered against various Visa consultancy firms & agents.

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this figure in the ballbark?

Russia has roughly 100 million more people in its population than Ukraine has?
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By doc540:

View Quote

Yeah, like 142 to 44 prewar.  Probably 140 to 40 right now given emigration and casualties.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:48:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#5]
Originally Posted By doc540:

View Quote

Yes.

This is one of the reasons Putin wants to bring the Ukrainians in as "Russian" people. He wants the people more than the land & resources, which they already have plenty of.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Prime:
“Volunteer”

A volunteer from the People's Republic of China communicates with the commander of the Pyatnashka International Brigade using an online translator.

In the future, mastering the Russian language, as a rule, occurs with geometric progression!

A 30-year-old Hyderabad-based man died while fighting for Russia against Ukraine in the ongoing war.

The man, identified as Md. Afsan, was allegedly forced to join the Russian Army after falling prey to a job fraud.

Afsan, along with several others, was allegedly misled by deceptive agents who recruited them as 'helpers' to assist the Russian army in the war.

Meanwhile, CBI has started action against human trafficking. The agency is carrying out searches at more than 10 locations in 7 cities. A case has also been registered against various Visa consultancy firms & agents.

View Quote

It's time for free nations to be shutting down Russian consulates & embassies. This nonsense has gone far enough.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Sorry to just jump in, but wanted to say hi to everyone. Things have been great. Had a few tense nights with Shaheds flying around, but the AA gunners were putting in some late night hours. God bless those guys keeping the cities safe.

Have to go out sometime in the near future. It's nice to get "out the office" so to speak. My girl also "reminded" me tomorrow is Women's day. I love her for not letting me forget. Of course I'll send her some money to go shopping, and take her daughter out to eat. Back to work... Spent some time tonight packing my bag as needed and adjusting the kit.

I added an admin pouch in front of the ballistic dick protector. Looks like my Glock will fit in there nicely. I have a holster coming in the mail, so I'll add it to the battle belt soon enough. We also got some really nice med kits from St. Javelin, with some CAT TQs. I added a TQ to the battle belt, and the new med kit got thrown in my bag. So now I have two med kits, and five TQs.

Still loving the CZ Bren 2. Reached out to CZ for some spare parts and they shipped some our way free of charge. It can be a challenge getting parts for a lot of the foreign equipment/weapons in country now, but it's working out. As you can see the snow is mostly gone, so changed my helmet scrim and pack scrim back to browns/greens.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_20240308-000003_2_png-3152266.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_20240308-003916_2_png-3152294.JPG

Work has been good. I am loving the new team and my position. I have a few guys under me, and our team leader is a great guy to work with. I am glad I am getting my work done, and the chance to prove myself in the team. It feels good when the TL sees what I can do, and asks me if I can go out and do "X,Y,Z" on a mission.

Keep up the good work keeping this thread alive. I'm happy to have been around and supported by you guys from the beginning. Looking forward to the victory party. Слава Україні 🇺🇦
View Quote

Good to hear!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:09:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: planemaker] [#9]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

The math works, because Ukraine isn't adding any troops. Russia can keep throwing meat & machines into the grinder and beat Ukraine by attrition. If it came down to attrition, Russia was always going to win.

Now we have a major world power rejecting the UN charter, rejecting the Geneva convention, rejecting sovereignty of other nations for their own empire, and completely getting away with it. Thanks, Biden. You just made the world a vastly more dangerous place.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By planemaker:
So, the rooskies are supposedly adding 30k troops per month but they're losing that many as well. How does this improve their situation? It doesn't. What it does do is make their units less and less effective since they have to drag people off the streets and throw them into the maw.

If our .gov would get its head out of its a$$ and get Ukraine the weaponry they need to, you know, actually *win*, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The math works, because Ukraine isn't adding any troops. Russia can keep throwing meat & machines into the grinder and beat Ukraine by attrition. If it came down to attrition, Russia was always going to win.

Now we have a major world power rejecting the UN charter, rejecting the Geneva convention, rejecting sovereignty of other nations for their own empire, and completely getting away with it. Thanks, Biden. You just made the world a vastly more dangerous place.

I don't think the math can actually work given their demographics. Perhaps that's a hidden reason for conquest beyond simply stealing their neighbor's resources. They need young people to re-populate.

Unless Ukraine wins, the world will definitely trend towards being a vastly more dangerous place than it already is.

ETA: Somebody beat me to the notion of the rooskies needing to steal young people.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#10]
More fortifications.
?? ???????????? ???????? ??????? ??????????? ??????? ?????????-??????????????? ??????

????????? ??????? ???. ????????? ?-2. ??????.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:
If you want to hear it from Putin himself 1:13:40.  The following few minutes are "must watch" as well.  Anyone who hasn't seen this documentary yet and doesn't understand why the Ukrainians are fighting like they are should watch the entire thing.  (It was released in 2008 so other than predicting the future, no one can say it was made as propaganda for this war.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7IrB_6mX4k
View Quote

That video should get more views.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

❗️In general, it is worth noting one important thing - the growing threat from the terrorist organization “ISIS, Vilayat Khorasan” (hereinafter referred to as IG-K), which, in fact, the embassies warn about without going into details.

🔻Despite the fact that this is the Afghan branch of IS, external operations almost all over the world turned out to be a higher priority for terrorists, and IS itself invests large resources in IS-X, as evidenced by repeated reports from both the UN and American military analysts. With the coming to power of the Taliban, the ideological enemy of IS-K, terrorists went to the bottom in Afghanistan itself, as evidenced by the statistics of attacks in the last few years: for example, 314 attacks were carried out in 2021-2022, while in 2023 there were 69. The difference is colossal, which can be explained by the active counter-terrorism activities of the Taliban, who carried out 36 anti-terrorist operations in 2022 alone. However, hiding in Afghanistan itself, the group directed its forces to operations abroad. Here is what Aaron Zelin, a well-known expert on Sunni terrorist organizations, writes about this in one of his reports:
Moving from a regional focus to a more global approach, IS-K is pursuing a two-pronged strategy. Firstly, there is an ongoing propaganda campaign. Unlike other IS affiliates, IS-K has developed an independent media architecture through its Al-Azaim Media Foundation, which produces content in Arabic, English, Farsi, Pashto, Tajik, Urdu and Uzbek. In addition to the Taliban, this content targets a wide range of targets abroad, from neighboring countries (India, Iran, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan) to fairly distant enemies (China, Europe, Russia, United States).

Secondly, it is directly planning and carrying out attacks abroad. Thus, IS-K militants continue to carry out terrorist attacks on the territory of Pakistan and launched cross-border missile attacks on Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. The group also carried out a series of attacks in the Maldives (February and April 2020) and Iran (October 2022 and August 2023). Additionally, at least fifteen IS-K attacks were thwarted by law enforcement in India (3), Iran (4), Germany (3), Maldives (1), Qatar (1), and Turkey (3).
🔻Noted by the researcher. The most important thing is that the propaganda of ISIS, produced in the Tajik and Uzbek languages, is aimed at citizens of neighboring countries, which creates support for the activities of ISIS in Russia with its extremely ambiguous situation with labor migrants, which, coupled with the above-mentioned evasion strategy from battles in Afghanistan itself and a shift in focus to operations abroad gives every reason to see IS-K as a growing threat to our country. It should also be added that the Taliban are not particularly concerned about the fact that terrorists use the territory of Afghanistan as a base with training camps and recruitment centers to attack other countries. According to official statements by the Taliban itself*, work in this direction is underway, but judging by recent news, it’s somehow not very good yet.

*The organization and its representatives are under UN sanctions for terrorist activities.

Informant

https://t.me/infomil_live/4701

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#13]
“Volunteer”

View Quote

Guess the phrase "extended car warranty" didn't translate well did it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:52:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIHghyhXsAIbhz-?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Left front tire looks pretty smooth.  Is that a special option?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MKSheppard:

Russia has been said to be firing from 6,000 to 10,000 (!!!) rounds a day; average it to 8K rounds/day.

If we assume with modern wear additives; that you can push a 1960s or 1970s tech 152mm howitzer with a 1000 EFC rating to about 4000 rounds before tube wear becomes an issue; then that means every day, the Russians burn out about two large caliber barrels.

Given that the russians can produce:

200-250~ tanks each year (can't have tanks without guns to arm them)
Produced 200+ 2S19M2 (aka 2S33 Msta-SM2) SPHs from 2013 to 2022 (or about 22 x 152mm SPHs a year)

That gives us a minimum large caliber gun barrel production rate of about 225-275 a year for the Russians.

Add a 1.75x factor to that to account for spare barrels for existing equipment and you've got a rough Russian large caliber barrel production capability of about 400+ tubes each year.

That comes down to about only 200 days' worth of fire, and there are 365 days in a year.

Plus, that estimate assumes that 100% of the barrels made are going to artillery, when you need them to arm the new T-90s being produced.

Given that this is an artillery war, I'd be confident in estimating 60% of large caliber barrel capacity goes to SPHs and the remainder to tanks -- that makes it 240 tubes a year for artillery, or only 120 days of firing.

Either way you slice it; the Russians are screwed -- they're burning up a steadily depleting stockpile of stored cold war stuff -- once the Cold War stuff is all expended, Russian artillery fire rate will drop down to a level that can be sustained with current barrel production levels.
View Quote

What happens when a barrel is worn out?  Can it keep firing
albeit with diminished accuracy or won't it work at all?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:51:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View Quote

A worn out barrel usually implies worn rifling which results in a looser fit of projectile.  Usually diminished accuracy and reduced range if gas leaks past the projectile.  If wear is really bad, the barrel loses strength, leading to an Elmer Fudd style explosion, the barrel splits into petals, killing or injuring the crew.  Other failure types might be burst breech block, barrel launching like an arrow, rapid dis-assembly of carriage.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:41:24 AM EDT
[#17]
UK to Give Ukraine 10,000 Drones for Russia War

Britain will supply Ukraine with more than 10,000 drones to aid its fight against Russia’s invasion, the government said Thursday as Defence Secretary Grant Shapps visited Kyiv.

The defense ministry said it was spending a further 125 million pounds ($160 million) on “cutting-edge drones,” bringing its overall drone package to Ukraine to 325 million pounds ($416 million).

The money will deliver more than 10,000 drones for Ukraine’s armed forces throughout the year, a statement read.

Most will be first-person view drones, as well as one-way attack drones, surveillance, and maritime drones.

“I am ramping up our commitment to arm Ukraine with cutting-edge new drones coming directly from the UK’s world-leading defence industries,” said Shapps, on his third visit to Ukraine, who met his Ukrainian counterpart Rustem Umerov and President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Britain says it has committed more than 7 billion pounds ($8.9 billion) of military support to Ukraine since Russia invaded its neighbor in February 2022. It has also trained tens of thousands of Ukrainian troops.

It was the first country to provide longer-range weapons to the Ukrainian military, announcing last May that it would send air-launched Storm Shadow missiles.

The defense ministry said that Ukrainian troops have used different types of drones in the conflict, “destroying and damaging thousands of pieces of Russian equipment and vehicles.”

Kyiv, facing a shortage of manpower and weapons, is currently on the back foot in the conflict with Russia having made recent front-line battlefield gains.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2024/03/08/uk-ukraine-drones/

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Soldiers of the Scuto Company unit (part of the 12th Azov Special Forces Brigade) shared archival episodes of the assault on enemy positions in the Serebryansky Forest in Luhansk Oblast

Incredible episodes of repulsing an enemy assault with the support of armored vehicles in the Zaporizhzhia direction by the soldiers of the 3rd separate detachment of the Omega Special Forces. The guys met the enemy with heavy fire from AT-4 and MK-19.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#19]

A week ago-
👀We show the location of another A-50 aircraft, which the Russian Federation uses for reconnaissance in the war against Ukraine. With the help of Planet Labs images, it was seen by the "Schemes" project (Radio Liberty)

▫️The plane is parked in the city of Taganrog, namely at the Taganrog-South airport. Only 130 km from the battle line in Donetsk region. This is evidenced by a recent picture from February 29.

▫️A plane of this type was also photographed on the territory of the airport in September 2023 and February 15, 2024. At the same time, he was not at the airport in the photo taken on February 28, which may indicate the use of this aircraft.

In February 2024, the Air Force of the Ukrainian Armed Forces reported the downing of two A-50s over the Sea of ​​Azov, at least one of which was based in the Russian Federation at the Anapa airfield, which is much further from the combat line.

https://t.me/svoboda_radio/25320

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:58:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Representatives of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine took part in a briefing for the delegation from China

🤝 On March 7, 2024, a meeting with the government delegation of the People's Republic of China was held in the Office of the President of Ukraine.

https://president.gov.ua/news/andrij-yermak-proviv-brifing-dlya-delegaciyi-kitayu-na-choli-89577

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#22]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIIRv_XXwAAsOCS?format=jpg&name=medium

A week ago-
👀We show the location of another A-50 aircraft, which the Russian Federation uses for reconnaissance in the war against Ukraine. With the help of Planet Labs images, it was seen by the "Schemes" project (Radio Liberty)

▫️The plane is parked in the city of Taganrog, namely at the Taganrog-South airport. Only 130 km from the battle line in Donetsk region. This is evidenced by a recent picture from February 29.

▫️A plane of this type was also photographed on the territory of the airport in September 2023 and February 15, 2024. At the same time, he was not at the airport in the photo taken on February 28, which may indicate the use of this aircraft.

In February 2024, the Air Force of the Ukrainian Armed Forces reported the downing of two A-50s over the Sea of ​​Azov, at least one of which was based in the Russian Federation at the Anapa airfield, which is much further from the combat line.

View Quote

No way, just no way…
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks to everyone who donates! We are confidently moving towards the goal!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Capta:

No way, just no way…
View Quote

I don’t know, we’ll see.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Another good sized one yesterday.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#26]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIIRv_XXwAAsOCS?format=jpg&name=medium

A week ago-

View Quote

Too good to be true?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
Too good to be true?
View Quote

Every time I see these isolated single reports that’s what it feels like, but…that’s been wrong before.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:26:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#28]
It is not every day that anti-aircraft missile forces of the Air Force hunt Russian fighter jets.

Literally yesterday, there was a combat use against enemy aircraft at a distance of more than 150 km. We are still working today! We are checking the result of combat work!

Yes, the enemy continues to attack our positions with guided aerial bombs, but they no longer dare to fly too close.

After significant losses - long-range radar detection aircraft 🛩 A-50 and fighters ⚠️ Su-34/Su-35, the occupiers significantly reduced the number of airstrikes by KABs. And there are still no DRLV aircraft in the Sea of ​​Azov and in other directions, which reduces the enemy's capabilities in conducting radar reconnaissance.

❗️ According to our data, certain "discussions" have already begun among Russian pilots regarding the decisions of the military leadership - to send them to one end. Such talk, and possibly sabotage, during missions by the occupiers will only increase as the Air Force receives more tools from its Western partners to protect our skies from enemy air attacks.
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
🇺🇦 Commander of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Lieutenant General Mykola Oleschuk

https://t.me/kpszsu/11593

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:45:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#29]
Women’s Day

International Day of Struggle for Women's Rights!

And today we honor the memory of our members of 47 separate mechanized brigades who died at the front, fighting for Ukraine's right to sovereignty, independence and a free life.

These are Yulia Shevchenko, Eleonora Didkovska, Viktoria Darii, Svitlana Smolenska, Nadia Smuk.

Each of them gave the most valuable thing - their life for the Motherland.

Honor and gratitude to the Heroines!
We remember you every second!

https://t.me/brygada47/544

Interesting data

Looks like top number is total women in MoD
Next number is actual military members
Third number is “participants in hostilities”
Fourth and suspiciously round number is “in the area of hostilities”

And….

The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine announced a steady increase in women serving in the Armed Forces of Ukraine

MOSCOW, March 8 – RIA Novosti. More than 45.5 thousand women serve in the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the number of people wishing to join the Ukrainian troops is growing , the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense reported on Friday.

“The number of women in the armed forces of Ukraine continues to increase. As of January 2024, 45,587 military personnel (women - ed.) serve in the Ukrainian army. This is 2,108 more people than in October 2023,” says a message published on the media the Military Media Center site, coordinated by the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.

According to the Ministry of Defense, of the indicated number, about 13.5 thousand have the status of combatants.

Ukraine's Ministry of Defense reported in October that the number of female military personnel in the country has increased by 40% over the past two years. According to the Ministry of Defense, previously in Ukraine a contract for military service could be concluded with women aged 18 to 40 years, but now between the ages of 18 and 60 years, as is established for men. In 2019, the Ukrainian government allowed girls to enter military lyceums, the department recalled.

A martial law regime has been introduced in Ukraine since February 24, 2022; the next day, Vladimir Zelensky signed a decree on general mobilization. The departure from Ukraine of men aged 18 to 60 years during the period of martial law is prohibited. In October, Time magazine, citing a Zelensky aide, reported that the ranks of Ukrainian troops had become so thin that military registration and enlistment offices were forced to conscript people with an average age of 43. The New York Times previously reported that Ukraine is seeking to attract more women to the army, which indicates huge losses in the Armed Forces of Ukraine.*

https://ria.ru/20240308/zhenschiny-1931914023.html

*This is already all over Twitter, a herd of accounts who pretend not to know what a denominator is.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Aftermath image appeared.  

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIFyeaTWwAMu3vV?format=jpg&name=large
View All Quotes

The Russian invasion in one image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIBsztTXkAAykYA?format=jpg&name=900x900

Can anyone count the victims of that blast? 3, 4, or more?

I see 2 for sure, and what might be pieces of a 3rd and 4th.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

The Russian invasion in one image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIBsztTXkAAykYA?format=jpg&name=900x900

Can anyone count the victims of that blast? 3, 4, or more?

Impressed by the thrust of that  Rectum Ramjet
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Sorry to just jump in, but wanted to say hi to everyone. Things have been great. Had a few tense nights with Shaheds flying around, but the AA gunners were putting in some late night hours. God bless those guys keeping the cities safe.

Have to go out sometime in the near future. It's nice to get "out the office" so to speak. My girl also "reminded" me tomorrow is Women's day. I love her for not letting me forget. Of course I'll send her some money to go shopping, and take her daughter out to eat. Back to work... Spent some time tonight packing my bag as needed and adjusting the kit.

I added an admin pouch in front of the ballistic dick protector. Looks like my Glock will fit in there nicely. I have a holster coming in the mail, so I'll add it to the battle belt soon enough. We also got some really nice med kits from St. Javelin, with some CAT TQs. I added a TQ to the battle belt, and the new med kit got thrown in my bag. So now I have two med kits, and five TQs.

Still loving the CZ Bren 2. Reached out to CZ for some spare parts and they shipped some our way free of charge. It can be a challenge getting parts for a lot of the foreign equipment/weapons in country now, but it's working out. As you can see the snow is mostly gone, so changed my helmet scrim and pack scrim back to browns/greens.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_20240308-000003_2_png-3152266.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_20240308-003916_2_png-3152294.JPG

Work has been good. I am loving the new team and my position. I have a few guys under me, and our team leader is a great guy to work with. I am glad I am getting my work done, and the chance to prove myself in the team. It feels good when the TL sees what I can do, and asks me if I can go out and do "X,Y,Z" on a mission.

Keep up the good work keeping this thread alive. I'm happy to have been around and supported by you guys from the beginning. Looking forward to the victory party. Слава Україні 🇺🇦
View Quote

All the best to you and your compatriots.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:41:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#33]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By darkd0r:

A worn out barrel usually implies worn rifling which results in a looser fit of projectile.  Usually diminished accuracy and reduced range if gas leaks past the projectile.  If wear is really bad, the barrel loses strength, leading to an Elmer Fudd style explosion, the barrel splits into petals, killing or injuring the crew.  Other failure types might be burst breech block, barrel launching like an arrow, rapid dis-assembly of carriage.
View Quote

thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Mrs. Girkin

This year we celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Russian Spring.

I remember those first days of hope and excitement well. In my native Donetsk, people gathered on the streets, near the administration, everyone chanted about their desire to be with Russia, expressed anger over the events of Maidan (the murder of Berkut soldiers). It seemed that Russia would hear us and was about to come.

But the beginning of the liberation of Novorossiya became a heroic feat of the people of Donbass, the militias and the volunteers from the “mainland” who responded to the call of the Russian Spring. Ordinary guys, our fathers, brothers, husbands. It is to them that we primarily owe the freedom of our long-suffering land. Even though victory and peaceful skies are still very, very far away.

Over the years we have come to know real heroes. It is a pity that we now read the names of many of them in memorable obituaries. The severe frosts of the Minsk Agreements did not pass without a trace for the Russian Spring.

I am proud that my husband, Igor Strelkov, stood at the origins of the Russian Spring. Who knows what would have happened if he had not been at the very forefront of these processes at that difficult time. Igor was one of those who turned the wheel of history then.

But I also can’t help but be sad, remembering how long they froze and tried to extinguish the Russian Spring. How many victims could have been avoided if there had not been a tragic delay. And even now we all see how the heroism of our soldiers overcomes unimaginable obstacles on the path to victory - and, alas, these are not always obstacles from the enemy.

But still, after 10 years, watching what is happening, I believe that the goals of that very first Russian Spring will be achieved. And in our Motherland, after the final victory over the enemy, peace and freedom will reign.

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/987

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:47:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#37]
Grim footage from the battlefield in Ukraine. A broken down Russian column was recorded by Code 9.2, a unit within the 92nd Assault Brigade. Lots of destroyed heavy equipment and killed Russian infantry can be seen. Likely the Bakhmut direction.
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1766084793643487725
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Wow!!

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:48:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]
Reloads.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

Ukraine is also claiming dozens of artillery system kills on a daily basis.  Even if it was only ~10 tubes a day destroyed, that would add up very quickly.
View Quote

I don’t believe they are killing dozens of systems per day.

Without proof, no.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:58:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#44]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Drone strikes overnight:

Construction of fortifications in the Zaporozhye direction:

Russians dropped a bomb on a civilian building in the city of Kostyantynivka:

Fragments of battles near Avdiivka:

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#46]

M734 consists of two parts: a range finder, which is a Doppler radar; a block of two mechanical devices, one of which is an electric inertial switch with activation upon impact, and the other is a mechanical detonator with a delay.

The detonator has 4 modes of operation:
PRX (Proximity) — detonation of a mine at a height of 1-4 meters (3-13 feet) from the ground;
NSB (Near Surface Burst) — detonation of a mine at a height of 0-1 meter (0-3 feet) from the ground;
IMP (Impact) — detonation upon contact with the target;
DLY (Delay) — delayed by 0.05 seconds of activation.

The mode is selected manually. To do this, it is necessary to turn the upper part of the blaster clockwise until the mark of the desired mode on it aligns with the line (photo 2).

The three modes PRX, NSB and IMP are electric. The DLY mode is completely mechanical. Electronics automatically provide cascade redundancy in descending order in case of failure of the selected mode.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:19:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#47]

They seem to be using these modules:

https://avlis-co.com/pa1575mz50i4g-101-smd-patch-antenna-freq-1580-3mhz-band-9-0min-mhz-gain-at-zenith-4-5-typ-dbic-polar-r-h-c-p-imp-50-typ-axial-ratio-db-3-dimensions-25-x-25-x-4-pa1575mi4g-101-smd/

So apparently Ukrainian jamming was effective against these at some point, otherwise you wouldn't have had to double up on the positioning receivers.  Very similar setup on the Russian glide bombs currently.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:19:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MKSheppard:

Russia has been said to be firing from 6,000 to 10,000 (!!!) rounds a day; average it to 8K rounds/day.

If we assume with modern wear additives; that you can push a 1960s or 1970s tech 152mm howitzer with a 1000 EFC rating to about 4000 rounds before tube wear becomes an issue; then that means every day, the Russians burn out about two large caliber barrels.

Given that the russians can produce:

200-250~ tanks each year (can't have tanks without guns to arm them)
Produced 200+ 2S19M2 (aka 2S33 Msta-SM2) SPHs from 2013 to 2022 (or about 22 x 152mm SPHs a year)

That gives us a minimum large caliber gun barrel production rate of about 225-275 a year for the Russians.

Add a 1.75x factor to that to account for spare barrels for existing equipment and you've got a rough Russian large caliber barrel production capability of about 400+ tubes each year.

That comes down to about only 200 days' worth of fire, and there are 365 days in a year.

Plus, that estimate assumes that 100% of the barrels made are going to artillery, when you need them to arm the new T-90s being produced.

Given that this is an artillery war, I'd be confident in estimating 60% of large caliber barrel capacity goes to SPHs and the remainder to tanks -- that makes it 240 tubes a year for artillery, or only 120 days of firing.

Either way you slice it; the Russians are screwed -- they're burning up a steadily depleting stockpile of stored cold war stuff -- once the Cold War stuff is all expended, Russian artillery fire rate will drop down to a level that can be sustained with current barrel production levels.

For a while.  However, without going down the rabbit hole of metallurgy (of which I assuredly am NOT an expert), the "stretching" effect of repeated expansion/contraction of repeated firing on the steel's molecular and grain "structure", not to mention the increased wear and increased blowby, trigger stress on the tube, trunnions, breech, and other key components of the gun. Also, when a barrel rifling is worn enough, this can induce cavitation on the round while it is fired through the tube.  Eventually, the barrel may split, you can have a barrel fail completely, the breech may blow out (since the slower a round leaves the tube, the period the breech has to contain the reaction is extended), or the trunnions may fail; which can either launch the tube like a rocket or shoot it backward out of it's carriage like a battering ram, depending on how/when the trunnions fail during the recoil movement.  If I HAD to fire a Russian frontline piece, I would use a 50' lanyard on every shot!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Is it too soon to post the abacist again?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/y5na4h/russian_math_chatter_on_the_captured_radio/
View Quote

Funny. But interesting. Did anyone else notice that the communication was going thru a repeater?  I wonder where in heck that repeater was located? Looks like it would be a good target to take out. It could have been mobile of course.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Without proof, no.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

Ukraine is also claiming dozens of artillery system kills on a daily basis.  Even if it was only ~10 tubes a day destroyed, that would add up very quickly.

Without proof, no.

Watch for the date range posted for the numbers. Could be for a week:
During 24.02.22-07.03.2024
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5470 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top