Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5471 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:36:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
This would have implications for GPS guided weapons that Ukraine uses, but so far lessons were learned.

North Korea is deploying to disrupt exercises in South Korea.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#5]

mentions the state of the troops consisting of untrained convicts, and says they've lost 600 people assault one Ukrainian position in 1,5 months with no result.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
https://t.co/AJ0innJWcE

EXCLUSIVE: F-35A officially certified to carry nuclear bomb
The designation marks the first time that a stealth fighter can carry a nuclear weapon, in this case the B61-12 thermonuclear gravity bomb.
View Quote

WASHINGTON — The F-35A Joint Strike Fighter has been operationally certified to carry the B61-12 thermonuclear gravity bomb, a spokesman for the F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO) tells Breaking Defense.

In a statement, JPO spokesman Russ Goemaere said the certification was achieved Oct. 12, months ahead of a pledge to NATO allies that the process would wrap by January 2024. Certain F-35As will now be capable of carrying the B61-12, officially making the stealth fighter a “dual-capable” aircraft that can carry both conventional and nuclear weapons.

“The F-35A is the first 5th generation nuclear capable aircraft ever, and the first new platform (fighter or bomber) to achieve this status since the early 1990s. This F-35 Nuclear Certification effort culminates 10+ years of intense effort across the nuclear enterprise, which consists of 16 different government and industry stakeholders,” Goemaere said. “The F-35A achieved Nuclear Certification ahead of schedule, providing US and NATO with a critical capability that supports US extended deterrence commitments earlier than anticipated.​”

Responding to follow-up questions from Breaking Defense, Goemaere said US disclosure policy prohibits the release of information on dual-capable aircraft among NATO partners. According to analysis by the Federation of American Scientists, as of 2023 approximately 100 older variants of B61 bombs are housed by NATO allies Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Turkey, who share the alliance’s nuclear strike mission. The first four nations are all planned F-35 operators, with the need to have a nuclear-capable aircraft a key reason for Germany signing onto the program.

The F-35A is certified to only carry the newer B61-12 variant, which will replace the older models. The certification additionally does not extend to the stealth jet’s sister variants, the short takeoff and vertical landing F-35B and carrier-launched F-35C. A delivery schedule of B61-12s to Europe is not clear, though Politico previously reported the bombs would be shipped out starting in December 2022.

“The F-35 is the world’s only 5th Generation multi-role stealth fighter, and in partnership with our customers, we continue to make advancements to ensure it stays ahead of threats,” F-35 manufacturer Lockheed Martin said in a statement.

A spokesperson for the US Air Force Air Combat Command told Breaking Defense that “all F-35As in the Air Force inventory are expected to be in a nuclear certified configuration in the future, independent of their assigned lot number,” but declined to elaborate on operational details. Goemaere explained that “USAF F-35As at designated units only are both design and operationally certified to carry the B61-12.”
View Quote

An Air Force spokesperson additionally told Breaking Defense that “the B61-12 is compatible with any DCA [dual-capable aircraft] certified F-35,” and that the fighter’s suite of upgrades collectively known as Block 4 are not a requirement to use the weapon.

The F-15E was previously the first American fighter shown to be compatible with the B61-12. Three other groups of fighters — F-16A/Bs, F-16C/Ds and the PA-200 Tornado used by some NATO countries — are also authorized to carry nuclear weapons.

The dual capable aircraft serve another element of deterrence alongside the traditional nuclear triad of bombers, submarines and land-launched ICBMs, and are seen by European nations as a key part of staving off Russian aggression. Nuclear capability for the Joint Strike Fighter comes at a critical juncture for NATO amid the war in Ukraine and Russian nuclear saber-rattling in particular.
View Quote

Dutch military officials appeared to previously hint at nuclear capabilities for the F-35A being rolled out in Europe, writing in a post on X in November that F-35As belonging to Amsterdam achieved “initial certification” for the role. But until now, US military officials have not confirmed the fighter was cleared to use the weapon operationally.

Hans Kristensen, director of the Nuclear Information Project with the Federation of American Scientists, noted the announcement is another milestone in America’s ongoing nuclear modernization effort.

“The stage is set for the tactical nuclear weapons upgrade in Europe with full-scale production of the B61-12 and four NATO allies and the US fighter wing at Lakenheath upgrading to operate the bomb on the F-35A,” he said.

The B61-12 is a life extension program that originated in the Obama administration and is replacing older -3, -4, -7 and -10 models. The first production unit of the B61-12 rolled out in November 2021, with production scheduled through the end of fiscal 2025. The program is estimated to cost $9.6 billion in FY22 dollars over its lifespan, although much of that cost has already been spent, according to an annual government accounting of nuclear warheads [PDF].

The Biden administration additionally announced in October that it would develop a new variant of the weapon dubbed the B61-13. The newer -13 is expected to have a yield similar to the -7, officials have said, which would roughly work out to a blast equivalent of up to 360 kilotons; however, the expectation among experts is the -13 will only be certified on bombers. The yield of the -12, by comparison, is estimated at up to 50 kilotons.

Technically, neither the B61-12 or -13 are “new” nuclear weapons that increase the stockpile, as they are taking the warheads from the older bombs and placing them in new housings.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jhereg:

Or if they're not stupid, put out mines before you launch w/ trenches and cover and ambush anyone that follows the fiber back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jhereg:
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Would certainly help you figure out where it was launched from. They left you a line to follow!

No matter how thin it is, it's going to bow from it's own weight, and wind will get involved.

True. But, if you just started reeling the fiber back on the reel as you walked, eventually you'd probably get close to the launch point just following that. Unless they're really stupid (ie Russians), when they lost the video feed, they should have cut the fiber and beat feet. If they didn't, then they deserve to get found and FPVd.

Or if they're not stupid, put out mines before you launch w/ trenches and cover and ambush anyone that follows the fiber back.

When's the last time a mine or trench stopped an FPV drone attack?    
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIGVrKQWUAA6zju?format=png&name=360x360

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIGX9taXsAAVlCP?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Kontakt needs at least 30mm of steel to work properly and to be safe for the crew/vehicle.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I don't believe they are killing dozens of systems per day.

Without proof, no.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

Ukraine is also claiming dozens of artillery system kills on a daily basis.  Even if it was only ~10 tubes a day destroyed, that would add up very quickly.

I don't believe they are killing dozens of systems per day.

Without proof, no.

Have been wondering about the artillery kill counts for several weeks and any impact that will have in the future, as well as exactly what is included in the daily count, and if that is destroyed only, or a combination of damaged and destroyed.

Does this count include mortars?  Thought I saw this a few thousand pages ago, but really don't remember.  

MKSheppard posted some interesting numbers regarding tube production, or lack thereof, by Poo-tin's merry band of thieving assholes.

Given that the Russian way of war is to level everything above grade until it's untenable, then do it again a few hundred (or few thousand) meters down the road, they need those tubes to have any chance to advance, and the increasing UA AD presence when glide bombs become a problem seems to make the Russian version of CAS a very temporary solution.

Is the tube situation something that's lurking in the background given Russia's expenditure rate on shells?

Or is it a nothing burger?

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Yes.

https://daviscenter.fas.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/styles/full_column_large_/public/2022-01/russia_population_pyramid.png

https://www.indexmundi.com/graphs/population-pyramids/ukraine-population-pyramid-2020.jpg

This is one of the reasons Putin wants to bring the Ukrainians in as "Russian" people. He wants the people more than the land & resources, which they already have plenty of.
View Quote

He wants both.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#13]

It's time for free nations to be shutting down Russian consulates & embassies. This nonsense has gone far enough.
View Quote

and deporting Russian nationals back to their beloved country.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Capta:

I think almost everything we saw in that video was PKM fire.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

the weird part. The view from the ship showed alot of small arms tracers. But neither one of the views from the other boats showed that much.

I'm assuming that only the large caliber cannons were visible from afar while the small stuff was not.

I guess what I'm saying is. Did yall see anything inthe russian released video that matches up with the vid from the other vessel video. I didn't see as many tracers or a search light. But I just assume everything from the russians is a lie.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:12:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#15]
Different ships.

The PKM video was from the Caesar Kunikov landing ship.

The other videos filmed from the vessels nearby are from the attack on the patrol ship Sergei Kotov.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIHghyhXsAIbhz-?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

kinda like it. Looks like the cj4 and new bronco had a baby
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Prime:

❗️In general, it is worth noting one important thing - the growing threat from the terrorist organization “ISIS, Vilayat Khorasan” (hereinafter referred to as IG-K), which, in fact, the embassies warn about without going into details.

🔻Despite the fact that this is the Afghan branch of IS, external operations almost all over the world turned out to be a higher priority for terrorists, and IS itself invests large resources in IS-X, as evidenced by repeated reports from both the UN and American military analysts. With the coming to power of the Taliban, the ideological enemy of IS-K, terrorists went to the bottom in Afghanistan itself, as evidenced by the statistics of attacks in the last few years: for example, 314 attacks were carried out in 2021-2022, while in 2023 there were 69. The difference is colossal, which can be explained by the active counter-terrorism activities of the Taliban, who carried out 36 anti-terrorist operations in 2022 alone. However, hiding in Afghanistan itself, the group directed its forces to operations abroad. Here is what Aaron Zelin, a well-known expert on Sunni terrorist organizations, writes about this in one of his reports:
Moving from a regional focus to a more global approach, IS-K is pursuing a two-pronged strategy. Firstly, there is an ongoing propaganda campaign. Unlike other IS affiliates, IS-K has developed an independent media architecture through its Al-Azaim Media Foundation, which produces content in Arabic, English, Farsi, Pashto, Tajik, Urdu and Uzbek. In addition to the Taliban, this content targets a wide range of targets abroad, from neighboring countries (India, Iran, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan) to fairly distant enemies (China, Europe, Russia, United States).

Secondly, it is directly planning and carrying out attacks abroad. Thus, IS-K militants continue to carry out terrorist attacks on the territory of Pakistan and launched cross-border missile attacks on Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. The group also carried out a series of attacks in the Maldives (February and April 2020) and Iran (October 2022 and August 2023). Additionally, at least fifteen IS-K attacks were thwarted by law enforcement in India (3), Iran (4), Germany (3), Maldives (1), Qatar (1), and Turkey (3).
🔻Noted by the researcher. The most important thing is that the propaganda of ISIS, produced in the Tajik and Uzbek languages, is aimed at citizens of neighboring countries, which creates support for the activities of ISIS in Russia with its extremely ambiguous situation with labor migrants, which, coupled with the above-mentioned evasion strategy from battles in Afghanistan itself and a shift in focus to operations abroad gives every reason to see IS-K as a growing threat to our country. It should also be added that the Taliban are not particularly concerned about the fact that terrorists use the territory of Afghanistan as a base with training camps and recruitment centers to attack other countries. According to official statements by the Taliban itself*, work in this direction is underway, but judging by recent news, it’s somehow not very good yet.

*The organization and its representatives are under UN sanctions for terrorist activities.

Informant

https://t.me/infomil_live/4701

View Quote

Don't forget kids, thousands of these guys are flooding the border here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:47:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#18]

I guess what I'm saying is. Did yall see anything inthe russian released video that matches up with the vid from the other vessel video. I didn't see as many tracers or a search light. But I just assume everything from the russians is a lie.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

the weird part. The view from the ship showed alot of small arms tracers. But neither one of the views from the other boats showed that much.

I'm assuming that only the large caliber cannons were visible from afar while the small stuff was not.

Keep in mind the video from the Ukrainian attack drones is thermal imaging, it won't see the visible light from the searchlights, but will see the warm searchlight itself.  The drones also have a narrow field of view, so they won't see all the Russian ammunition being thrown at them out of the camera fov.

So, for example in the video you see the drone being fired at from the side from the Russian POV, but the camera on the drone is facing forward to see where it is headed and can't see those guys firing at it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

He wants both.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Yes.

https://daviscenter.fas.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/styles/full_column_large_/public/2022-01/russia_population_pyramid.png

https://www.indexmundi.com/graphs/population-pyramids/ukraine-population-pyramid-2020.jpg

This is one of the reasons Putin wants to bring the Ukrainians in as "Russian" people. He wants the people more than the land & resources, which they already have plenty of.

He wants both.

From a purely return on investment perspective, Ukraine has cost the Russians far too much for it to be considered a win under most circumstances. Thus, it seems to me that the primary motivation for continuing to conduct the war is ideological, more than anything. Putin likely does actually believe the stuff about the three Eastern Slavs possessing the same origin in ancient Kyiv Rus and combining to form a pan-Russian nation, foreign conspiracies creating Ukrainians to hurt Russians, etc. This war is being waged for ideological purposes first, and demographics, resources, etc. are likely secondary concerns.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Mrs. Girkin

This year we celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Russian Spring.

I remember those first days of hope and excitement well. In my native Donetsk, people gathered on the streets, near the administration, everyone chanted about their desire to be with Russia, expressed anger over the events of Maidan (the murder of Berkut soldiers). It seemed that Russia would hear us and was about to come.

But the beginning of the liberation of Novorossiya became a heroic feat of the people of Donbass, the militias and the volunteers from the “mainland” who responded to the call of the Russian Spring. Ordinary guys, our fathers, brothers, husbands. It is to them that we primarily owe the freedom of our long-suffering land. Even though victory and peaceful skies are still very, very far away.

Over the years we have come to know real heroes. It is a pity that we now read the names of many of them in memorable obituaries. The severe frosts of the Minsk Agreements did not pass without a trace for the Russian Spring.

I am proud that my husband, Igor Strelkov, stood at the origins of the Russian Spring. Who knows what would have happened if he had not been at the very forefront of these processes at that difficult time. Igor was one of those who turned the wheel of history then.

But I also can’t help but be sad, remembering how long they froze and tried to extinguish the Russian Spring. How many victims could have been avoided if there had not been a tragic delay. And even now we all see how the heroism of our soldiers overcomes unimaginable obstacles on the path to victory - and, alas, these are not always obstacles from the enemy.

But still, after 10 years, watching what is happening, I believe that the goals of that very first Russian Spring will be achieved. And in our Motherland, after the final victory over the enemy, peace and freedom will reign.

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/987
View Quote

Just emphasizing that the western response to the Russian invasions in 2014 was not remotely adequate.

Bush failed to realign the State Dept's approaches when Putin told him Ukraine was 'not a real country.'
Obama failed to provide Ukraine with support to preserve Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity, to which the US & Russia were supposed to be guarantors.
Trump did very little, but at least more than nothing.
Biden did nothing while Putin built up for the largest war in Europe since WWII.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#21]

I don’t believe they are killing dozens of systems per day.

Without proof, no.
View All Quotes
Ukraine is also claiming dozens of artillery system kills on a daily basis.  Even if it was only ~10 tubes a day destroyed, that would add up very quickly.

Without proof, no.

I consider the MoD claims to include all 'hits' whether or not the piece is 'killed.' Just like the soldier casualty count, the MoD reports hits where the asset (man/tank/gun/etc) is later able to be returned to combat. It's the only way their numbers make sense.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Without proof, no.
View All Quotes

Without proof, no.

Their counts include mortars of all sorts.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#25]

That could get devastating for the Russian front lines in the south if it happens.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Looks like it was hit by another ATGM or drone first.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#27]

and artillery systems to Qatar and Saudi Arabia to focus on supporting Ukraine.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Just emphasizing that the western response to the Russian invasions in 2014 was not remotely adequate.

Bush failed to realign the State Dept's approaches when Putin told him Ukraine was 'not a real country.'
Obama failed to provide Ukraine with support to preserve Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity, to which the US & Russia were supposed to be guarantors.
Biden did nothing while Putin built up for the largest war in Europe since WWII.
View All Quotes
Mrs. Girkin

This year we celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Russian Spring.

I remember those first days of hope and excitement well. In my native Donetsk, people gathered on the streets, near the administration, everyone chanted about their desire to be with Russia, expressed anger over the events of Maidan (the murder of Berkut soldiers). It seemed that Russia would hear us and was about to come.

But the beginning of the liberation of Novorossiya became a heroic feat of the people of Donbass, the militias and the volunteers from the “mainland” who responded to the call of the Russian Spring. Ordinary guys, our fathers, brothers, husbands. It is to them that we primarily owe the freedom of our long-suffering land. Even though victory and peaceful skies are still very, very far away.

Over the years we have come to know real heroes. It is a pity that we now read the names of many of them in memorable obituaries. The severe frosts of the Minsk Agreements did not pass without a trace for the Russian Spring.

I am proud that my husband, Igor Strelkov, stood at the origins of the Russian Spring. Who knows what would have happened if he had not been at the very forefront of these processes at that difficult time. Igor was one of those who turned the wheel of history then.

But I also can’t help but be sad, remembering how long they froze and tried to extinguish the Russian Spring. How many victims could have been avoided if there had not been a tragic delay. And even now we all see how the heroism of our soldiers overcomes unimaginable obstacles on the path to victory - and, alas, these are not always obstacles from the enemy.

But still, after 10 years, watching what is happening, I believe that the goals of that very first Russian Spring will be achieved. And in our Motherland, after the final victory over the enemy, peace and freedom will reign.

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/987

What kills me about the years 2008-2014 is that the US essentially did what people who try to blame the conflict on the US say we should've done. Obama backed down from NATO membership for Georgia and Ukraine, Russia was allowed back into the G8, Obama made a deal to remove interceptors from Europe, etc.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Yeah, it is definitely hit by something but still moving forward when the Stugna hits.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#30]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIKDOZfWUAAo70K?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

They better not be bluffing, because Putin will 100% call that bluff. They'll look like complete fools with no credible deterrent if they make this as a bluff. Deterrent only works if you are credibly prepared to use massive force.

This is part of the whole thing: Putin is endeavoring to break the power of US/NATO. We failed to go in big when Russia could have been pushed out (relatively) easily, giving the parasite opportunity to embed itself deeply in the victim. Putin has a wide range of options to achieve his layered and multi-vector goals. The western partners are for more constrained and limited. Committing to a Ukrainian victory, even enough to stop Russia's ability to advance and force negotiations, now requires huge western investment, and huge risk.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

BS. First, what's the date? Second, that is edited: what's the full context? Girkin has said before that he believes in Russia's eventual victory. That piece is just Ukraine propaganda.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#33]

They better not be bluffing, because Putin will 100% call that bluff. They'll look like complete fools with no credible deterrent if they make this as a bluff. Deterrent only works if you are credibly prepared to use massive force.

This is part of the whole thing: Putin is endeavoring to break the power of US/NATO. We failed to go in big when Russia could have been pushed out (relatively) easily, giving the parasite opportunity to embed itself deeply in the victim. Putin has a wide range of options to achieve his layered and multi-vector goals. The western partners are for more constrained and limited. Committing to a Ukrainian victory, even enough to stop Russia's ability to advance and force negotiations, now requires huge western investment, and huge risk.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIKDOZfWUAAo70K?format=jpg&name=900x900

I agree, but the fact that these statements of such commitment are now coming from several European countries does enforce the point that they are serious about Russia not being allowed to win this war.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#34]

BS. First, what's the date? Second, that is edited: what's the full context? Girkin has said before that he believes in Russia's eventual victory. That piece is just Ukraine propaganda.
View All Quotes

I was wondering where it came from, but he has said before that if Russian forces weren't going to use the tactics he recommended that the West would win.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

The back fell off
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:28:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#38]

View All Quotes

I found this: June 21st 2023

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-girkin-stelkov-ukraine-war-win-1808087

April 3rd 2023:

https://www.businessinsider.com/moscow-headed-military-defeat-commander-igor-girkin-russian-fighter-ukraine-2023-4
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

When's the last time a mine or trench stopped an FPV drone attack?    
View Quote

I was replying to a comment of " if you just started reeling the fiber back on the reel as you walked, eventually you'd probably get close to the launch point just following that." which would require someone on foot, not sending a drone out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Aftermath image appeared.  

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIFyeaTWwAMu3vV?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
so i make it three and a half
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Would like to see the rest of the video for context.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Me as well, he seems to be in prison from the video, not like his usual interviews we used to see.  That was why it caught my eye.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Different ships.

The PKM video was from the Caesar Kunikov landing ship.

The other videos filmed from the vessels nearby are from the attack on the patrol ship Sergei Kotov.

View Quote

ok, that makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Video, SAR satellite watching Russian bombers and picking out the decoys painted on.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Low light vision camera fov drones.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

The fact is that if they truly are moving the ball down the field using untrained convicts then rooshia don't care
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:59:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#48]
Originally Posted By juan223:

The fact is that if they truly are moving the ball down the field using untrained convicts then rooshia don't care
View All Quotes

The fact is that the data indicates that at this point, convicts have largely dried up as a pool of expendable manpower. The proportion of casualties that they make up has plummeted relative to what it was during the height of the Bakhmut campaign. I think this highlights the importance of not relying too much on anecdotal accounts like the one above. Overall, obituaries indicate that far, far fewer convicts are dying than in the past, and that most of the casualties are just regular contract/mobilized soldiers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Pretty much, but the exaggerated claims to Russian higher ups is a recipe for disaster.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

One of maybe three sniper videos that aren’t “meh”.

Russian tannerite

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5471 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top